Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

catrox, love "the poor man's Dean Winchester" LOL. It's so true. I'll bet Kripke has Dean's leather jacket on a valet in his bedroom and puts it on in front of a mirror each morning. ;)

LOOOL. This explains the missing coat. I believe it. I believe and I want someone to make some fanart for me with this. I'm even imagining Kripke stroking the coat, saying " Son of a bitch" repeatedly. And wanting to use his time machine to go back to when he had Jensen LOL

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOOOL. This explains the missing coat. I believe it. I believe and I want someone to make some fanart for me with this. I'm even imagining Kripke stroking the coat, saying " Son of a bitch" repeatedly. And wanting to use his time machine to go back to when he had Jensen LOL

What an image. Well, we got our good laugh for today! :) Would love to see that fanart too! I'll bet he misses Jensen too.

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 3

Hey Guys!

Sorry I've been away so long! So much has happened with you all, and I'll comment on all of that later. I just wanted to get my old friends here up to date with me. First, Omegamom, I have PM'ed you, but it was during the server change and I guess you didn't get it. I thought you were tired of me and didn't try again. I should have known better, and I'm sorry!

I've had my mastectomy, and now I'm doing radiation. It's no big deal, just time consuming. Five days a week and it eats about an hour a day. Awesome, I thought of you because last week Mick killed a spider and I taped it to my chest right before my radiation. Candice and Mark, my radiologists laughed like hell! We sang "Spiderman" and were so loud the supervisor came in to see what was going on! I blame you for this.

Guys, I'm doing great! I'm having reconstruction done as soon as radiation is finished, and my spirits are high! I've missed you all so much and have so much I want discuss about Supernatural. Wonderful to be back and I can't wait to start posting again.

Thank you all, for all your support. I am profoundly humbled, and I mean that with all my heart!

Edited by Mick Lady
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Hey Guys!

Sorry I've been away so long! So much has happened with you all, and I'll comment on all of that later. I just wanted to get my old friends here up to date with me. First, Omegamom, I have PM'ed you, but it was during the server change and I guess you didn't get it. I thought you were tired of me and didn't try again. I should have known better, and I'm sorry!

I've had my mastectomy, and now I'm doing radiation. It's no bWeig deal, just time consuming. Five days a week and it eats about an hour a day. Awesome, I thought of you because last week Mick killed a spider and I taped it to my chest right before my radiation. Candice and Mark, my radiologists laughed like hell! We sang "Spiderman" and were so loud the supervisor came in to see what was going on! I blame you for this.

Guys, I'm doing great! I'm having reconstruction done as soon as radiation is finished, and my spirits are high! I've missed you all so much and have so much I want discuss about Supernatural. Wonderful to be back and I can't wait to start posting again.

Thank you all, for all your support. I am profoundly humbled, and I mean that with all my heart!

Yay!  So good to see you posting.  Sounds like recovery is going well.  Great news.  You're still in our thoughts.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Hey Guys!

I've had my mastectomy, and now I'm doing radiation. It's no big deal, just time consuming. Five days a week and it eats about an hour a day. Awesome, I thought of you because last week Mick killed a spider and I taped it to my chest right before my radiation. Candice and Mark, my radiologists laughed like hell! We sang "Spiderman" and were so loud the supervisor came in to see what was going on! I blame you for this.

I'm so glad you're doing well, @Mick Lady...or should I say, Spiderwoman? ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Yay! Mick Lady is back! *imagine Kermit the frog waving his arms here*

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!

At the same time, I feel a bit bad, because I've let you down in a couple ways, so I hope that I can make it up to you.

First, I made you quite a few hats. It was therapy after my Nana died, and I was waiting to hear from you to see if you wanted them, or if you were even losing your hair (My mother in law didn't lose any during her treatment)... but then my stepmother called unexpectedly to ask for some hats, because she has cancer and had lost all her hair to therapy. I had no idea she was that bad off - I had heard that she had cancer, but didn't know she was having such intensive treatment. She sounded like she needed them badly - she said that my Dad would get upset seeing her without hair - so I sent her the hats. I have been making more and should have some very soon in case you need and want them, I promise.

Second, I haven't posted another chapter. I've had one sitting there, almost finished, for months, but after my Nana, I kind of lost my inspiration for a bit, and it's been tough to get my mojo back. However, hubby and I took our snorkeling trip to Roatan a couple of weeks ago, and it's done wonders for us. Now I just have to survive my current workload and find time to write like 2 or 3 more paragraphs - really that's all I have to go - and I'll have a new chapter for you. I promise that also.

Your entire post was very inspiring! So time for me to get my sad ass in gear and get stuff done!

3 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Hey Guys!

So glad your in good spirits, sending positive thoughts and prayers. We have missed you.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

So glad to get an update.  Yes you are on our minds and so glad that things are going positively for you.  I'm glad you have someone to make you smile as that will help with the healing.  Sending positive prayers your way.  When you're ready to post about Supernatural we'll be here.  :)

• Love 1

Wow just caught up on this thread and it's great to hear you're doing well MickLady.

SueB, wishing your family all the best.

Catrox and FlickChick, Carver probably strokes it and calls it my precious too, the bastard!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, trxr4kids said:

Catrox and FlickChick, Carver probably strokes it and calls it my precious too, the bastard!

LOL I'm picturing visiting weekends. I wonder if Sera visits the coat. Probably not, because she probably would burn that coat if she could. 

I really do wonder who actually has that thing. I like to think Jensen has it stashed in a safe deposit box somewhere. LOL

• Love 2

The Supernatural con and The Star Trek 50th anniversary con are both in Minneapolis this weekend.  I need to remember my allergy pills this year. Fall allergies started on the first day of last year's con. I was so miserable. I had to walk several blocks to find the Walgreens. 

The Star Trek convention is in the hotel I'm staying in - which was the Supernatural convention hotel last year. So it's the same set up of walking to the convention center. The schedules for the cons don't come out until Wednesday. I have to plan all this out very carefully. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I really do wonder who actually has that thing. I like to think Jensen has it stashed in a safe deposit box somewhere. LOL

Hmmm.  I wonder if Jensen stole it and then is acting all innocent.  They said the  jacket was stolen and that is why they don't use it anymore.  So was it really stolen or is it hidden?

Cody hope you have fun at the conventions.  Make a list of what you must bring so you don't forget the must haves.  If you write it down now, you might not forget it.  Of course every-time I do a list, I still forget something.  lol  Have fun.  I enjoyed the latest Star Trek, but I know some people didn't love it.

Thanks, 7kstar

I didn't like the first movie of the new Star Treks. I liked Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy. (I think I like Karl Urban doing anything) I didn't have a problem with Chris Pine as Captain Kirk. I hated the rest of the casting. I didn't go to the second movie. My son saw the third and told me there was something in it I should see. So I will probably go see the third at some point. Maybe I will go next week. 

3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

The Supernatural con and The Star Trek 50th anniversary con are both in Minneapolis this weekend.  I need to remember my allergy pills this year. Fall allergies started on the first day of last year's con. I was so miserable. I had to walk several blocks to find the Walgreens. 

The Star Trek convention is in the hotel I'm staying in - which was the Supernatural convention hotel last year. So it's the same set up of walking to the convention center. The schedules for the cons don't come out until Wednesday. I have to plan all this out very carefully. 

Ugh, allergies! I think sonofabitch is more accurate than live long and prosper for your situation. Regardless good luck!

Edited by trxr4kids
bad grammar

I'm totally worn out. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to either the Karaoke party or the Rat Pack party. I have been running back and forth between the two cons so much that I should hatch Poke eggs. 

Most of it has been good so far. Osric talked about his Pokemon addiction. Travis Aaron Wade did push ups. He was really talkative in the autograph line. He told me to say hi to Shatner when I see him. Incidentally, Shatner's stuff is going up against the entire Winchester clan on Sunday. I'm kind of torn. I really wanted to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan. If Shatner doesn't talk too long, I can probably catch the end of it. Shanter's autographs are at the same time as Jensen and Jared's stage appearance. 

I was looking forward to seeing Kim Rhodes and Briana Buckmaster. Their stage show was kind of annoying. Something is off with those two. I don't want to say something went to their heads, but it almost seems like something went to their heads.  I like their TV characters. I don't think I need to see them do a convention again. 

• Love 1

Welcome back @Mick Lady! I go off on vacation for a week and this is the news I miss! I've thought of you so often, hoping you were doing well and missing your posts. And how is Mick? I imagine that he is a happy man that you're doing so well. Hang in there for the rest of your recovery. :) Looking forward to your posts again. *does happy dance*

• Love 1

For those of you more into "it's just people" horror, I've really enjoyed watching "Wolf Creek".  Based on the 2005 movie of the same name, it's a 6-episode series from Australia that's coming to the US in October.  It has some gore, but if you made it through "My Bloody Valentine" (the movie), you can handle this.  Most of it shows up in the first episode.  Takes place in the Australian Outback, Western and Northern Territories.

I never saw the original movie, so I have no idea if it's a remake, a sequel, or what.  But I love the cinematography and the story was entertaining.  Bonus points for the intro credits/song being super creepy, it reminds me of a Hinterland/Nightmare On Elm Street mash-up.  Some images:

wolfcreek2a.jpg

wolfcreek4a.jpg

wolfcreek5a.jpg

Link to an article about the series, it'll be showing on Pop TV:

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/wolf-creek-miniseries-pop-tv-john-jarratt-greg-mclean-1201710532/

So this is pretty remarkable. YouTube is demonetizing any videos with the following content.

So for people who make money from YouTube in any way with ANY of this content are pretty well screwed. But how much you wanna bet any sexual music videos are not affected. What about shorts that are created for You Tube? This is nuts.

Honestly, I don't mind.  First, they aren't taking the content off YouTube just not making a profit. So there's no freedom of speech or expression issue IMO.  It's a business decision by YouTube. Someone will develop an alternative (or one existing will rise in popularity).  But I DO like that they won't monetize racist rants or acts of violence. It might be a bit broad in definition but it's likely to be tuned after a few weeks IMO.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Honestly, I don't mind.  First, they aren't taking the content off YouTube just not making a profit. So there's no freedom of speech or expression issue IMO.  It's a business decision by YouTube. Someone will develop an alternative (or one existing will rise in popularity).  But I DO like that they won't monetize racist rants or acts of violence. It might be a bit broad in definition but it's likely to be tuned after a few weeks IMO.  

It's not about freedom of speech in and of itself. YouTube is a private company so they can make the rules BUT this is a type of censorship and it's ENTIRELY too broad and extreme. 

What about those who make original content that has any small amount of content above? What level of sexual content makes it unacceptable for an ad? The mere discussion of sex?

What if they are trying to bring attention to issues like racism, sexual violence and other violence and as part of the drawing attention to it, the content refers to those rants as part of discussion of controversial topics that are supported by ad revenue? Those are being adversely affected by this. 

Think of all the fanart and fanvids that are created and supported by ad revenue that can be affected by this.

This is an interesting deeper look at the issue

Why is YouTube being accused of censoring vloggers?

Edited by catrox14

Well, off to get a couple of hours of sleep before my Dragon*Con adventure. I'll be "off the grid" (= leaving my computer at home to avoid any chances of it getting stolen from the hotel) for four days, so you guys take good care of this place while I'm gone. ; )

Be back in a while, likely tired.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

It's not about freedom of speech in and of itself. YouTube is a private company so they can make the rules BUT this is a type of censorship and it's ENTIRELY too broad and extreme. 

What about those who make original content that has any small amount of content above? What level of sexual content makes it unacceptable for an ad? The mere discussion of sex?

What if they are trying to bring attention to issues like racism, sexual violence and other violence and as part of the drawing attention to it, the content refers to those rants as part of discussion of controversial topics that are supported by ad revenue? Those are being adversely affected by this. 

Think of all the fanart and fanvids that are created and supported by ad revenue that can be affected by this.

This is an interesting deeper look at the issue

Why is YouTube being accused of censoring vloggers?

You know what my response to this is, those vloggers can go start their own site and set their own rules. Don't like how broad the rules are, don't use the site. It appears this has been YouTube's policy all along and users were just ignoring it. I say, good on YouTube for enforcing their own policy. No point in making rules if you're not going to enforce them. 

No one is censoring anyone, though. They are free to post any video they want, they just may not make money on it. Which, IMO, is not YouTube's obligation. 

• Love 3

So nothing like getting shaken out of bed in the morning on your day off way to early. Good grief we are now having more earthquakes in Oklahoma than in California, 5.6 tied for our strongest on a few years ago. Ugh!!!

8 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Apparently, the earthquake could be felt in some parts of Minnesota. I didn't notice anything because I live too far north. 

I also heard it was felt as far as Georgia, just crazy.

Some of you who have been around for a couple of years know that we tend to go all-out at Halloween.  This year, we decorated the house to look like a haunted/abandoned hospital.  Plenty of cobwebs and jagged, blood-stained gauze.  The odd skeletal remains scattered around the yard.  That kind of thing.

So far, we're the only ones.  Fuddy duddies.  ;-)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Some of you who have been around for a couple of years know that we tend to go all-out at Halloween.  This year, we decorated the house to look like a haunted/abandoned hospital.  Plenty of cobwebs and jagged, blood-stained gauze.  The odd skeletal remains scattered around the yard.  That kind of thing.

So far, we're the only ones.  Fuddy duddies.  ;-)

Well, it's early yet...maybe you'll inspire the neighbors! ;)

• Love 2

Hubby and I are going to see Kansas in concert Friday night*. They are going to be doing the entire "Leftoverture" album.

* Whatever of Kansas is left performing that is. Since the retired lead singer lives in the Atlanta area though, we hope that maybe he'll stop by and sing something.

I'm also hoping that after "Leftoverture" they might also do a newer song or two. I really like "Play That Game Tonight" and "Hold On"

• Love 3
On 10/2/2016 at 8:51 PM, Demented Daisy said:

Stupid hurricane.  Have to take it all down until it passes.  *grumble grumble grumble*

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:10 PM, Mick Lady said:

Hey Guys!

Welcome back! So glad you are doing well :-) Can't wait to talk about the new season!

• Love 1

We've been lucky.  Most of the rain has passed, but we're still getting some pretty high winds.  We haven't lost power, unlike some other unfortunate people in our neighborhood.  

I'm afraid to go down to the basement, though.  

ETA  Yeah, basement flooded.  But we had everything on palettes, so we don't appear to have lost anything.  Nothing really valuable down there, anyway.  

Edited by Demented Daisy

Catrox14 where are we doing our countdown? Micklady hope you are doing well, miss you and thinking about you tonight with our new season about to start. Take care and visit us when you can.

• Love 1