Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Reignition Sequence

radishcake
  • Start Topic

Can I once again say how I love the food choices of the ISIS crew? Pam STILL eats out of a crock pot for breakfast.

Good to see the show bring back "just the tip," even if it was for a breakfast burrito. And hey, "Stir Fryday" makes its triumphant return! And shoved in Cyril's face makes it even better.

I really liked the animation style of Cheryl's plan to make AJ the next Lindbergh Baby/Batman. Her version of Ray even had one hand! Not only did I love her referencing "Slideshow" but also Wendell from Frisky Dingo! And speaking of Frisky Dingo, Mr. Ford made a cameo!

"I was gonna say Pam's Vagina."

"Me too."

Nice visual with Boris' Russian Superman comic. Katya is literally programmed to be Archer's perfect woman, but Archer had that great speech about being in love with Lana.

Krieger having an (german) ice cream van and moonlighting as...something both freaked me out and made me so excited. And no shock that Krieger has cameras in everyone's house. Explains why they were in Tunt Manor.

I love Krieger's Hologram Anime Wife.

Pam: "How do you not murder her every day?"

Krieger: "I do..."

Katya left her vagina in the sink. That was such a great ending.

• Love 2

Other than the jokes about Ray's missing arm, which got old really fast, it was a decent episode.

Got a kick out of Cheryl's comic book references.  "She's basically Groot".  Laughed so hard at that.

But not as hard as "WHY IS THERE A VAGINA IN THE SINK!?"  Guess it's over as soon as it started.  Also, it showed that Katya didn't change that much.

And, yeah, Woodhouse is dead.  He has to be.  Unless he's part of a secret CIA deaging program.

• Love 3

"Deaging program"? I don't know about that. But then again, have we seen Woodhouse and Slater together at the same time?

Nice episode. I'll have to see it again just for Cheryl's fantasy sequence. Nice that Archer might want to change, but then shit gets in the way. Like a sexually frustrated Katya. And a bunch of meddling coworkers . . . including Cyril. Poor, pathetic Cyril. I bet Ray laughs at him, and that dude's got one-and-a-half arms.

• Love 1

So, I do know that it was Krieger, Pam, Cheryl, Ray, and Cyril's plan to send Kayta over to Archer's apartment to break Archer and Lana up, but I am really hating Cyril. Yes, he is needy, but this season he has been nothing but creepy and creepily jealous too. Plus, I was piss that he didn't tell her what they did to Lana's face (although, no one else did either, but I was expecting Krieger's hologram wife to be the one to speak to her). I wonder if Lana will ever see that video of Archer or Pam blurting out that they tried to break them up in a future episode? 

Also, I thought that Lana would have walked right in where Kayta and Archer kissed goodbye but then I realized that wouldn't have screwed up the relationship. So, when Kayta said that she left something in Archer's apartment, I knew that Lana would have found it. 

Got a kick out of Cheryl's comic book references.  "She's basically Groot".  Laughed so hard at that.

But not as hard as "WHY IS THERE A VAGINA IN THE SINK!?"  Guess it's over as soon as it started.  Also, it showed that Katya didn't change that much.

And, yeah, Woodhouse is dead.  He has to be.  Unless he's part of a secret CIA deaging program.

I also laughed at  the Groot joke  too.

As with Woodhouse, he could be dead (when Archer said that he "went to rehab" thought that maybe Mallory knows that he died and that she lied to Archer. But hey it's Woodhouse, he could be alive but on a major coke bend, right?

Can I once again say how I love the food choices of the ISIS crew? Pam STILL eats out of a crock pot for breakfast.

Good to see the show bring back "just the tip," even if it was for a breakfast burrito. And hey, "Stir Fryday" makes its triumphant return! And shoved in Cyril's face makes it even better.

I really liked the animation style of Cheryl's plan to make AJ the next Lindbergh Baby/Batman. Her version of Ray even had one hand! Not only did I love her referencing "Slideshow" but also Wendell from Frisky Dingo! And speaking of Frisky Dingo, Mr. Ford made a cameo!

"I was gonna say Pam's Vagina."

"Me too."

Nice visual with Boris' Russian Superman comic. Katya is literally programmed to be Archer's perfect woman, but Archer had that great speech about being in love with Lana.

Krieger having an (german) ice cream van and moonlighting as...something both freaked me out and made me so excited. And no shock that Krieger has cameras in everyone's house. Explains why they were in Tunt Manor.

I love Krieger's Hologram Anime Wife.

Pam: "How do you not murder her every day?"

Krieger: "I do..."

Katya left her vagina in the sink. That was such a great ending.

Yes, I did like seeing (and hearing) Cheryl's animation (and for a moment I really did think that her plan was to kill AJ and not make her into Batman). Plus, I really, liked the Batman references being referenced (and oh seeing what Cheryl thinks AJ will look like when she is all grown up).

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

I thought I couldn't love Cheryl as much as I already do, but stoned/drunk Cheryl is even better.  So many great lines from her tonight, and as usual, Judy Greer pretty much nailed all of them.

Another fun episode, but I actually kind of got invested, because I really didn't want the gang's plan to work, and Archer/Lana to be ruined that badly.  Of course, I'm sure Lana finding the vagina in the sink (ha!), means there is trouble, but that's better then if she had caught him with Kayta in an actual act.  I agree that, even though everyone was involved in this, Cyril is the one I'm still most annoyed with.  I guess for whatever reason, I can accept everyone else doing this for shallow reasons, but Cyril clearly wanting this because of his "love" for Lana, just makes me want to smack him.  Have no idea why though.

At least they're acknowledging Woodhouse's absence.  I do wonder why he hasn't been in this season.

Also, the continued lack of Malory still makes me think something must have happened with Jessica Walter's availability.

Krieger having an ice cream van and his "save" over letting it slip that he has everyone's apartments under surveillance, was the best.  I love that crazy creep.

I thought I couldn't love Cheryl as much as I already do, but stoned/drunk Cheryl is even better.  So many great lines from her tonight, and as usual, Judy Greer pretty much nailed all of them.

Another fun episode, but I actually kind of got invested, because I really didn't want the gang's plan to work, and Archer/Lana to be ruined that badly.  Of course, I'm sure Lana finding the vagina in the sink (ha!), means there is trouble, but that's better then if she had caught him with Kayta in an actual act.  I agree that, even though everyone was involved in this, Cyril is the one I'm still most annoyed with.  I guess for whatever reason, I can accept everyone else doing this for shallow reasons, but Cyril clearly wanting this because of his "love" for Lana, just makes me want to smack him.  Have no idea why though.

At least they're acknowledging Woodhouse's absence.  I do wonder why he hasn't been in this season.

Also, the continued lack of Malory still makes me think something must have happened with Jessica Walter's availability.

Krieger having an ice cream van and his "save" over letting it slip that he has everyone's apartments under surveillance, was the best.  I love that crazy creep.

Mallory was in this episode, but she only had a small role at the start, when the gang was trying to find a prostitute to lure Archer with (but she was really pissed about the events of the last episode).  

As with hating Cyril, I can understand your disgust towards him. 

I wish my wireless connection would allow me to watch Cheryl's animation of the animation frame by frame. Giant Lana and her Giant Hands made me laugh, as did the giant hand prints over the sink in the broom closet. The relentless and sharp jokes about Ray's hand fit in very nicely.

Favourite quotes: "Please, you'd die of marrow poisoning", "Mee-Moh" and "I mean, how do you not murder her every day?" Sigh. "I do..."

Fantastic lines and pacing when Katya was not onscreen. Lana and Archer humming the song from the cold open of ep 1 of Archer Vice gave me a strong sense of foreboding for what was coming and also I totally checked on George Coe via Google in case something actually happened to him.

ETA: I thought Cyril's propensity for being swayed by bossiness/peer pressure made this less creepy. He is a sad person with poor impulses, but he definitely lets himself get talked into being way more of a weirdo than he would willingly reveal. I doubt he would have announced his love for Lana if he weren't coaxed into it.

Edited by Delwyn

Loved Cheryl's detailed and well-drawn plan. I think some of my favourite little moments in the show are when she's surprisingly lucid. Just makes her craziness the rest of the time even funnier. And "earballs" will never stop being funny. I also love how Cheryl and Krieger's fiancé seem to dislike each other, even though one of them is just a reconstructed light field produced by firing a laser through a beam splitter. Plus, Cheryl thinks Lana is "basically Groot". Yeah, I love Cheryl.

Archer and Lana were pretty good together, I have to say. Cloying when the others were around, surprisingly genuine when they were on their own. I kind of hope those two crazy kids make it. Archer really has grown as well, with him actually trying not to cheat on Lana, and succeeding at it.

Cyril is still a creep, and I'd rather he was the one losing limbs instead of Ray. Seeing Archer emasculate that guy never fails to amuse me. Now he's stealing Stir-Friday as well? Heh.

I'll admit I'm a little worried about Woodhouse, because it does seem like he might be dead, and Mallory is hiding it from Archer. While that would be an amusing storyline, I'd miss the old smack-hound.

• Love 1

Goddamn, Cyril!  His obsession with Lana is out of control.  I liked the gang coming together to save the "new" Archer.  It's a shame that Katya still doesn't have a handle on her wayward vagina. I don't Lana is going to let that one go.

Well, the easy way out of it would be for that gang of miscreants to sack up, admit what they were doing and show Lana the recording of Archer telling Katya all of that stuff. But you know that won't happen.

But I really want to see if they can make new, mature and caring Archer work with Lana and AJ, while still have him being his old self the rest of the time. I think they can.

• Love 2

Well, the easy way out of it would be for that gang of miscreants to sack up, admit what they were doing and show Lana the recording of Archer telling Katya all of that stuff. But you know that won't happen.

But I really want to see if they can make new, mature and caring Archer work with Lana and AJ, while still have him being his old self the rest of the time. I think they can.

See I have my doubts that they can make Archer mature and still fun.  That is why, while I enjoyed the episode, I am leary of where this is headed. 

Who was Katya in bed with when the office gang called her?

The "stupidest man in Russia", I think they described him as in a previous episode. He's the guy who was once Nikolai Jakov's assistant, and who seems to have climbed the ladder in the KGB.

I think the show can easily work with Archer being responsible in his family life, as long as he's still archerising plans and being a huge dick to his co-workers.

Most of my favorite archer things can still happen with a mature(ish) archer so I'm not worried. I liked this episode but the office crew was pretty jerky.

I still get a kick out of Pam eating out of a crockpot!

Who was Katya in bed with when the office gang called her?

His name was Boris, and he was Jakov's KGB assistant and probably Barry's too, when he ran the KGB (also he was the one who spat in the paternity test, that Jakov wanted between him and Archer, so the results ended as "inclusive"). 

I am glad that Archer resisted Katya's charms although I was not thrilled about how he agreed about Lana being freakish tall, etc. Now that Archer and Lana have AJ, I really want them to make it.

"Why is there a vagina in the sink" is classic. 

Cheryl's plan was damn hilarious. Cyril is pathetic.

Edited by SimoneS

That "How do you not murder her every day?" "I do..." exchange leaves so many unanswered questions. Is that part of the appeal? Does Krieger reboot her every morning in regret? Does the AI reboot her regardless of his wishes?

Edited by Bruinsfan