Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Aloha and Mahalo

• Start Topic

This is the place to discuss the adventures of Hawaii's Elite Governor's Crime Fighting Task Force, Five-0, its members--Steve McGarrett, Danny "Danno" Williams, Chin Ho Kelly, & his cousin Kono Kalakaua, former Professional Surfer Girl turned extremely capable Cop/Sniper--as well as the characters who make up their extended ohana (that's "family" in Hawaiian for those who weren't already aware).

It took me a while to appreciate this show.  I remembered the original growing up.  I know the police work is not by the book, nor are some of the procedure or liberties taken.  But it's still a fun show to watch.  Suspend reallity for just an hour, enjoy the scenery and be glad Wo Fat is not after you.

• Love 2

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

I fixed the O vs 0 thing. Sorry about that. 

I'm a late comer to this show.  I'm really disappointed to see that Catherine is leaving.  While she wasn't that well used this season, I liked her and I liked her with McG.

I really liked the character as well as the actress. But I thought they didn't use her at all well. She seemed to the show runners to be an eye candy replacement for Kono, instead of an intelligent career woman who gave McG some much needed perspective and was able to call him on his more outrageous ideas. 

I wish Michelle Boorth all the best, though, and hope we see more of her.

Welcome to the Hawaii Five-0 Small Talk thread. This topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Hi everyone! I've been a fan of H50 since the pilot - been through all the ups and downs , loves and hates, fan wars, Twitter fights, character changes, ratings fears, day and time slot change. You catch my drift. There isn't anything about this show that I haven't been made aware of. I lurked at TWoP, but never added to the conversation.

I love this show passionately - in fact, it is the only show I am this passionate about. Having said that, I am a realistic person and know that it is not a perfect show. I'm always willing to discuss it's faults as well as it's merits in a reasonable manner. :)

• Love 2

I "like" the show in the same way that I like the NCIS shows-it's so crappy but inoffensive-it's like a modern TV version of those 80's action movies. It doesn't reach the level of CSI-Miami where it's so bad it's riveting. I do wish they had not added Chi McBride to the cast-his character or maybe his acting style doesn't seem to fit in with what I think is the tone-he seems crabby and ponderous, like he's seen some hard stuff and this show is IMO, supposed to be breezier than that. Plus I don't think I have ever liked his acting in any of the shows he has done-I don't know why they needed to add him, they have enough people on the show. But this does seem to be a go-to show for me when I am at home on a Friday.

So far I'm really enjoying this season and I hope the ratings will help it go on.  Not sure how well they are doing, but now that it's reached the 100 ep, if the ratings aren't good enough, they are in danger of being cancelled even if they are on the dreaded Friday night.  But at least this season the show seems to be hitting the right marks for me.  I haven't been excited to see this show in a long time.

Just a reminder, for those who care: H50 is PRE-EMPTED tonight, due to CBS' broadcast of The Hollywood Film Awards, hosted by Queen Latifah. The show returns next Friday night, November 21st, with Episode 508. That ep features the return of Carol Burnett as Steve (& Mary)'s Aunt Deb, & pop music legend Frankie Valli in another guest role.

(edited)

Imagine my surprise when, while I was watching American Idol tonight, I heard Five for Fighting's John Ondrasik's voice in the background of an audition, singing "our team's song", All For One! It was on around 9:47PM Eastern (maybe a bit earlier), or about 1 hour, 47 minutes in (again give or take a minute or so); it aired in the background of separate consecutive auditions for a boyfriend & girlfriend. I'm going by the clock on my iPod for the timing, which may or may not be completely accurate, in case you wanna look for this & you're west of the Eastern & Central Time Zones.

I know the song itself got some publicity in conjunction with the 100th episode, so we're not the only ones who know about it; but I was still surprised it was used in Idol tonight even though I don't know of any instances of radio play as a single & I'm pretty sure that, even though it was written for "our" show/characters specifically, nobody's prohibited it from being used somewhere besides H50 Ep 100--so it's not out of the realm of possibility it could be heard outside of H50 as well.

Edited by BW Manilowe

What the heck happened to Michael Imperioli's career?

I don't know. The last thing I saw him on, before H50, was a celebrity cooking competition on Chopped, I think (it may have been another show), on Food Network a few months ago. He either won or came really close. He apparently follows Buddhism (at least now, I'm not sure about back in the Sopranos days) &--if I remember right--he played to win money to fund the building of schools somewhere (a really disadvantaged area of the world) by the sect (or whatever) of Buddhism he follows.

I'm not knocking the Food Network gig--helping build schools for disadvantaged kids is noble--but I think the H50 gig is probably a step up. Especially if it turns into a recurring role, like it was said (at least where I read) it might.

Is Chevrolet still a sponsor? First Chin Ho traded his bike for a vintage Mustang and in the last episode it seemed as if The Lincoln Lawyer Matthew McConaughy  was in a different Lincoln telling us how he always drove them

Is Chevrolet still a sponsor? First Chin Ho traded his bike for a vintage Mustang and in the last episode it seemed as if The Lincoln Lawyer Matthew McConaughy was in a different Lincoln telling us how he always drove them

I haven't heard anything, either way, about Chevrolet this season. I know they stopped running that "There's more to ride in Hawaii than waves" (or whatever it was--which sounded like a double entendre, to me & a friend, however it was worded) ad at the beginning of the eps as of this season, & I know Chin apparently drives a vintage Mustang this season, apparently without the Mustang insignia on the front of the car.

But... Steve's also still driving Danny's Camaro (a Chevrolet car) & I'm pretty sure Steve's still driving a Chevy Silverado truck--when he's not driving Danny's Camaro--& Kono's still driving a Chevy Cruze car (I still don't know what Grover drives, or if Max still has the yellow Camaro he bought in S2). That makes the Chevrolet thing a bit confusing. And that's all I really know.

If you can read the end credits fast enough, that's where they list the corporations who, basically, sponsor the show; you can check there for Chevrolet when it airs Friday night--but, again, they go by really fast on CBS. Of course, it might be easier if you recorded an ep, downloaded 1, or waited for S5 to come out on at least DVD. That way, you can freeze the section of the credits where they list the corporate sponsors & see if Chevrolet's still listed or not.

Now for some (probably minor) news... Not that we physically see her all that often, but there's a chance we might not see Max's girlfriend, Sabrina/actress Rumer Willis, in the show anytime soon. There's a rumor going around that she's 1 of the celebrities on the upcoming Season 20 of Dancing with the Stars, to be partnered with pro dancer Valentin (Val) Chimerkovskiy (brother of Maks).

Then again, Rumer may still be able to do H50 (if they need her) & DWTS at the same time. A lot of the celebs have juggled DWTS & other commitments in previous seasons.

Though they mainly rehearse the dances in LA, if necessary the pro dancer will also accompany the celeb when they have an out of town commitment & rehearse "on location", as it were, returning to LA to do the live show on Mondays.

And I think, maybe, the Monday show may be the only problem if she is in both shows in the next few weeks, given the normal 8-day shooting schedule on H50. Although, if they keep Sabrina's scenes to a minimum, like usual, & everybody else's schedules can get coordinated with hers (particularly Masi's, since he also does "outside" work & most of the Sabrina scenes are with Max), they can probably find a way to film her scenes in much less than the full 8 days & have her back in LA on Monday night for DWTS since most guest stars/recurring cast members usually don't have as many scenes in an ep as, say, Scott's Dad did when he was on the show in S2.

They're supposed to announce the new DWTS celebs on GMA today (which starts in a little less than 3 1/2 hours). We'll/we should know whether or not she's actually on the next DWTS by 9AM Eastern.

Edited by BW Manilowe

They are not doing right by Amanda Setton.  She was a delight and a hoot on The Crazy Ones, so she can definately act.  And she should be as integrated as Jerry (about whom I've heard no complaints, even though he takes more time from McDanny than Mindy does).  No reason for why she's written so poorly.

They are not doing right by Amanda Setton. She was a delight and a hoot on The Crazy Ones, so she can definately act. And she should be as integrated as Jerry (about whom I've heard no complaints, even though he takes more time from McDanny than Mindy does). No reason for why she's written so poorly.

Her character is considered as "recurring". Jorge Garcia's Jerry is a full-fledged "regular" (like Masi Oka's Max), even though he doesn't appear each week (& neither does Masi/Max for that matter). So that may account (at least in some ways) for why Dr. Mindy Shaw's written so "poorly" & not quite as "integrated" into the cast.

Unless I'm mistaken, when the next ep (Ep 520) airs on April 3rd Dr. Shaw will be in it. I think she & Danny are supposed to get stuck in an elevator with a body that needs processing.

Unless I'm mistaken, when the next ep (Ep 520) airs on April 3rd Dr. Shaw will be in it. I think she & Danny are supposed to get stuck in an elevator with a body that needs processing.

I hope they give her some personality in it.  The last one I saw her in (the Valentine's Day episode), she was just ghastly, and they showed her being charmed by Jerry (when he returned the rose she gave him) , which didn't make any sense.

(edited)

Claire van der Boom, who plays the recurring role of Danny's Ex & Gracie's Mom, Rachel Edwards, posted this pic to her Twitter about 6-7 hours ago:

https://twitter.com/clairevandboom/status/580606655831883776

Click the link in the Tweet to see the pic.

The pic itself isn't necessarily what's important. What I think is important is where she took it: Honolulu, Hawaii.

According to this Tweet from Daniel Dae Kim, they just got the script for the S5 (& hopefully *not* SERIES... Come on CBS, put us outta our misery & give us S6 already!) Finale, A make kāua (Until We Die).

https://twitter.com/danieldaekim/status/580550817213755394

Again, click the link in the Tweet to see the pic.

To be honest, that title might have me a little worried, although I know they like to mess with us on the Finale titles & stuff like that. As far as I know, they're actually still filming Ep 524, Luaʻpoi (Prey), but are probably just about finished with it.

Considering the timing of these 2 events, it's possible this means Claire might be making another appearance as Rachel in the S5 Finale (hey, they're at least supposedly bringing Michelle Borth/Catherine back for the ep, so they could be bringing Claire van der Boom/Rachel back too).

But it's obviously equally possible she's just there on vacation, or filming something *totally unrelated* to H50 (she has a role in a Pilot for next season on NBC, Game of Silence http://deadline.com/2015/03/game-of-silence-sneaky-pete-aseem-batra-sharing-pilots-cast-1201390017/).

So far, no Tweets from Mark Deklin (Stan Edwards) on him making a trip soon to, or actually being in, Hawaii. Assuming they *are* bringing Rachel back, that is--but even if they are, that obviously doesn't mean Stan has to come with her (he's only been in 2-3 eps; Rachel's been in between 5 & 10, I think). They could just say he stayed in Vegas, he's somewhere else on business (like they usually have said in Rachel eps, including when Stan's son--who I still think is really Danny's--was born), or they could say Rachel & Stan finally broke up.

Edited by BW Manilowe

Claire van der Boom, who plays the recurring role of Danny's Ex & Gracie's Mom, Rachel Edwards, posted this pic to her Twitter about 6-7 hours ago:

https://twitter.com/clairevandboom/status/580606655831883776

Click the link in the Tweet to see the pic.

The pic itself isn't necessarily what's important. What I think is important is where she took it: Honolulu, Hawaii.

According to this Tweet from Daniel Dae Kim, they just got the script for the S5 (& hopefully *not* SERIES... Come on CBS, put us outta our misery & give us S6 already!) Finale, A make kāua (Until We Die).

https://twitter.com/danieldaekim/status/580550817213755394

Again, click the link in the Tweet to see the pic.

To be honest, that title might have me a little worried, although I know they like to mess with us on the Finale titles & stuff like that. As far as I know, they're actually still filming Ep 524, Luaʻpoi (Prey), but are probably just about finished with it.

Considering the timing of these 2 events, it's possible this means Claire might be making another appearance as Rachel in the S5 Finale (hey, they're at least supposedly bringing Michelle Borth/Catherine back for the ep, so they could be bringing Claire van der Boom/Rachel back too).

But it's obviously equally possible she's just there on vacation, or filming something *totally unrelated* to H50 (she has a role in a Pilot for next season on NBC, Game of Silence http://deadline.com/2015/03/game-of-silence-sneaky-pete-aseem-batra-sharing-pilots-cast-1201390017/).

So far, no Tweets from Mark Deklin (Stan Edwards) on him making a trip soon to, or actually being in, Hawaii. Assuming they *are* bringing Rachel back, that is--but even if they are, that obviously doesn't mean Stan has to come with her (he's only been in 2-3 eps; Rachel's been in between 5 & 10, I think). They could just say he stayed in Vegas, he's somewhere else on business (like they usually have said in Rachel eps, including when Stan's son--who I still think is really Danny's--was born), or they could say Rachel & Stan finally broke up.

Claire will be appearing in 5.24 with some rather shocking news. :-)

As far as the episode title for 5.25 goes, I believe it's more than likely referring to wedding vows. We very well may see Kono and Adam's wedding...or at least an attempt at a wedding.

(edited)

Claire will be appearing in 5.24 with some rather shocking news. :-)

As far as the episode title for 5.25 goes, I believe it's more than likely referring to wedding vows. We very well may see Kono and Adam's wedding...or at least an attempt at a wedding.

Gee... I wonder what Rachel's shocking news could be?

1. Danny, not Stan, is really the father of Rachel's son (which I've suspected since I saw the birth episode in S2--in my opinion, it was almost too convenient Rachel chose Danny as her substitute birth partner when Stan was away on business; I think she had a reason for choosing Danny, specifically, when she could've/should've called another friend, relative of hers, or even a relative of Stan's; that reason was she wanted Danny to be present at their youngest child's birth without having to admit she let her emotions get the better of her & she said the baby was Stan's, after originally saying it was Danny's positively, 'cause she got pissed at him for not going to New Jersey with Rachel & Grace)?

2. She & Stan have broken up--or Stan died somehow--& she's moving back to Hawaii, because Grace's there?

According to this Tweet, from about 8-9 hours ago, by Lili Simmons, who plays Danny's girlfriend, Amber/Melissa, she's currently in Hawaii too. Best guess, of course, is she's filming something for H50.

https://twitter.com/liliflower33/status/581520516508434433

Edited by BW Manilowe

The Honolulu Pulse section of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has a really nice article today about Malia Jones--surfer/model, wife to H50's Alex O'Loughlin & mother/stepmother to a blended family of 3 sons: his son, Saxon, her son, Spike, & her & Alex's son together, Lion; & now she's a swimwear designer with her own "Malia Jones" line, some pieces of which are seen in the article. Alex is also mentioned in the article. Here's the link:

http://www.honolulupulse.com/2015/04/fashion-tribe-malia-jones/

(edited)

The S5 DVDs will be released on SEPTEMBER 1st. As usual, it's a 6-Disc Set. The box art (which includes Grover, but not Jerry, in addition to "the Core 4") & information on the included "Extras" can be found at the link below:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21205

Please note: As with last year's S4 set, at this time only a DVD format release appears to be planned (sorry for all you Blu-Ray owners).

Edited by BW Manilowe

The S5 DVD's are *finally* available for pre-order at amazon.com. They're currently at full price--$64.99--BUT they also have amazon's "low price guarantee" (I think that's the name; anyway, it's mentioned on the item page you use to place an order) on the item. So, if the price drops anytime between when you order & when your copy ships/September 1st (the release date for the set), you'll be charged the lowest price at the time, as opposed to the price at the time you placed your order, if it was greater.

Here's the link to the page. If it says something about an order being placed for it on June 22 (today) at the top, please disregard that. I ordered it before I came here to post, so that's why it might say that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZUL9LJK/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1435014549&sr=8-12π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=hawaii+five+o+season+5

New to the H-5-0 fandom!  Kinda quiet around here because it's summer and the show is on hiatus, I expect.   

Just wanted ask if anyone else thinks the writers are using Steve's indestructible superhero persona to poke fun at the uber-macho characters like that, or are they expecting him to be taken at face value?   No offense meant.  I do like Steve.  He's got a certain charm about him.   But wow, you can torture him, you can shoot him, you can shove him in the water, you can drop him from planes, you can roll him down mountains, and nothing phases the guy!  All props to Alex O' for pulling that off with a straight face.  :)   

(edited)

Filming for S6, presumably with the usual set blessing, is scheduled to begin TOMORROW, Wednesday, July 8th.

Showrunner Peter Lenkov has already arrived in Honolulu for the 1st day (week?) of production; he's posted "scenic" pics from Hawaii to his Instagram within at least the last day.

I wouldn't necessarily expect Scott Caan to be on set in Honolulu tomorrow--or Thursday--though. He may not be filming there until Monday or Tuesday of next week. At least.

For 1 thing, the play he (& Claire van der Boom who--of course--plays Rachel, Danny's ex & the mother of his children [which is still kinda weird to write, as opposed to just referring to their daughter, Grace, although I knew Charlie would end up being Danny's son since they had the affair & Rachel got pregnant in S1]) was doing was originally set to run in LA through Sunday, July 12th (so, presumably, he'd already negotiated the time off/the 1st half week of shooting off for that), but the play ended up closing early (the last weekend in June) because the other male in the 4-person cast got a lead role in a new TV show & had to report for production of that before the play's original closing date.

For another thing, I wouldn't expect Scott to be on set this Thursday, if he would've decided to report before the date negotiated due to the run of his play since the play closed early. See, this Thursday is July 9th & that's the 1st birthday of his daughter, Josie, with his partner Kacy Byxbee. Since he was still supposed to be in LA, because of the play, on that date anyway I don't expect CBS, Lenkov, or anyone else behind the scenes to be heartless enough to make him fly to Hawaii to film on the 9th & make him miss his baby girl's 1st birthday just because the play closed early through no fault of Scott's. They're all/most all parents (I know Lenkov has 4 kids); they know the importance, in most families anyway, of that 1st birthday milestone.

EDITED TO ADD: The Blessing Ceremony will be broadcast on Hawaii News Now Sunrise & live streamed on the HNN website, hawaiinewsnow.com. The coverage will start at 6:30AM Hawaii Time/9:30AM Pacific Time/10:30AM Mountain Time/11:30AM Central Time/12:30PM Eastern Time. Alex, Daniel, Grace, Chi & Jorge are expected to attend, according to HNN in the linked article below.

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db/330510/content/aFM98fNC

Edited by BW Manilowe

In case anyone is interested & forgot, the S5 DVDs were released in the US on Tuesday (2 days ago). If anyone's interested in buying them, amazon.com has the lowest price I've seen for the set, so far. They're $29.99 for the set, before you add in shipping & handling fees & any tax.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawaii-Five-0-Season-Alex-OLoughlin/dp/B00ZUL9LJK/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1441278604&sr=1-1&keywords=hawaii+five-o

Also... If anyone gets the episodes from iTunes or Amazon Instant Video, the page for S6 has been started at both sites. Of course they have no episodes right now, but they do have a FREE video available of the Q&A Alex & Scott filmed where they answered questions submitted by fans last season.

Edited by BW Manilowe

Oscar & Emmy-nominated character Actor Robert Loggia, who was fairly memorable as the Mighty Mo Tourguide/retired Navy Boatswain's Mate Ed McKay, who helped McG outwit the PTSD-afflicted former SEAL who took part of Ed's USS Missouri tour group hostage, after being suspected of killing his wife, in the S1 episode Ho'apono died today--December 4, 2015.

He was 85 & had Alzheimer's Disease for the last 5 years, according to his widow (so, sadly, he may have been diagnosed not long after he filmed the H50 ep, given that it was an S1 ep & we're now at midseason of S6... about 5 years later in calendar time).

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/robert-loggia-dead-dies_56621620e4b072e9d1c64e04

Continuing the "bringing pets to Hawai'i" discussion here since we seemed to be getting OT in the episode thread.

Fishcakes - I completely understand making life choices based on your pets! I can't tell you how much we spent in dollars and hours making sure our cats had a safe outdoor place (complete with multi-level perches) in our backyard. And our next move is definitely taking their needs in mind. (Our current cats are Hawai'ian foundlings; the two we brought here passed away.) If you do decide to move here and want to talk about it, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Regarding animals traveling in the cabin (for Hawai'ian Airlines) - non-service animals can be in the cabin only for inter-island and outbound flights and must be caged: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our-services/special-assistance/traveling-with-animals. Service animals don't have to be in carriers but have to be on the floor or under the seat in front of the passenger: http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/682. That's not to say that other airlines/private charters don't have different policies or that exceptions wouldn't be made for celebrities.

BW Manilowe - I still doubt whether Scott is a Hawai'i resident himself since he probably still has a CA drivers license and primary residence and likely spends less than 1/2-time here based on his reduced shooting schedule, but I bet that's declaratory for the purposes of flying his dog back and forth, and he probably doesn't have to show any proof one way or the other and can get away with either the returning animal or service animal provisions.

If anybody's interested, these are the FAQs for quarantine in Hawai'i. There is a 120-day *waiting* period, but this can be completed on the Mainland, which is why quarantine isn't mandatory once the pet arrives here (and also why puppies and kittens can't be brought here without being quarantined):

http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/faq-for-animal-quarantine/#q10

• Love 1

I am going to go on a rant and say that I am not the biggest fan of Steve's. A lot has to do with his control issues. As really if you are on social media as really people know I am not a big fan of Steve's. Please respect my opinions as just really loved Steve in the first two seasons. And half of season 3. As really think that after season 4. Steve really has become such a major league bleep. Or had been in the past. But season 7, he is back to his old loving and caring self. Despite lesser control issues. As really glad that the season 7 is such a great season and the best.

And for those that are on social media that blast Danny. He is a whiner. And yes, he can really get on people's nerves. But Danny IMHO is tame. And the way he takes advantage of Danny and his friendship. Steve thinks just because he is a SEAL doesn't mean he can bully people like Danny or play god in his life. Sure he is the boss. But that does mean he acts as holier than thou. It may be funny to those people but to me it is not. 

But I am glad season 7 is the reason I loved the show in the first place. Despite the fact Steve does not listen to anybody. Even Danny over on his part of giving him a liver. But still glad season 7 is the best so far.

• Love 1

My husband and I used to like this show.  But the 'bromance' and constant bickering between Steve and Danny ruins the plot for us most times.  It's like that old radio show The Bickersons.  More plot and less arguing, PLEASE!!!

• Love 2

It looks like The Good Doctor, the new medical show which has Daniel Dae Kim & his production company among its executive producers, has at least started off well. And that's no mean feat opposite Monday Night Football. The premiere episode got a 2.4 Rating/9 Share/11.82 Million viewers, according to the overnight ratings info published by multiple sources.

On 7/22/2017 at 5:21 PM, BW Manilowe said:

This isn't about the show per se, so I'm posting it here.

From CNN: First woman enlists to become a Navy SEAL

Well the first woman finished the Marine Corps Infantry Officer Course along with two female Army Ranger School graduates I am sure that their fictional TV counterparts will quickly leave the service to join TV cop squads. The Brave already has a secular Muslim female sniper as part of their civilian DOD special ops team.

3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I am disappointed they didn't do their usual Halloween episode.  I was so looking forward to it yesterday, but when I checked the TV listings, I wasn't there!  I haz a sad...

It's on this Friday, November 3rd. No need to be sad; we get to extend Halloween this year.

(edited)

I think it kinda sucks that Five-0's doing the best it has, ratings-wise, in years & CBS is pre-empting it for the rest of the month (which is also a Ratings "Sweeps" month) because of the Winter Olympics. I get why you pre-empt/hold new eps for the duration of the Winter Olympics; I would too. It comes back on March 2nd. What I (think I) wish is the Olympics hadn't been scheduled in a "Sweeps" month--but I'm not kidding myself either (especially since I have a Radio-TV-Film degree); if an Olympics can be held in a "Sweeps" month, they will be because they usually get ratings. Five-0 doing better this season could've possibly helped CBS' ratings this quarter if they could've aired new eps throughout February. Oh well; it is what it is.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

From Adweek: The Good Doctor Is Bringing the 10 p.m. Broadcast Drama Back to Life and Might Save ABC Too

An article about the success of The Good Doctor, the new, hit ABC medical drama co-produced by the production companies belonging to DDK & the guy who was executive producer on House. I liked the article.

Way back in the first season, there was a group called Fandoms Against H8, which had an online shop where various fandom-themed items (mostly different types of shirts), with anti-H8 (as the designer wrote it) message were being sold, with a portion of the proceeds being donated to anti-hate/H8 groups.

The Hawaii Five-0 reboot was among the fandoms represented, based on the popularity of McDanno. The main message on their specific items was "Some Jersey Cops Marry Navy SEALS. Get Over It." That was followed by the image of a gun underneath which, in turn, was followed by the phrase "H8 is Worse Than Pineapple on Pizza".

I wondered if the items were still available, so I went Googling. As you may be able to tell from the second link, they are. Just an FYI for anyone who might've missed this stuff originally, or had had second thoughts about getting a shirt, or something else, earlier.

There was an article on MSN abt the 50 best restaurants in the US, rated by Yelp, and one of them was an authentic Italian upper class restaurant.

And no, it was not named ‘Steve’s’.

From The New York TimesMarin Mazzie, Broadway Musical Star, Tony Nominee, Dead Due to Ovarian Cancer at Age 57

Posting this here because Ms. Mazzie was DDK’s leading lady, Anna Leonowens, when he played the King of Siam in The King and I on Broadway, at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre at Lincoln Center, during an H50 summer hiatus a few seasons ago. A photo of them in character accompanies the obit. 

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix messed up italics.