Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E09: Where's The Beef?

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

It was kind of refreshing to have the skeletons not be someone with drama.  It kind of stretched the theme, but it was fun getting to see Nicole with her sisters.  The roommate's relief was nice to see, too.

It was nice of Sylvia to spray Madison with that hose.  I'm glad someone was doing something to try to keep her away from Tony.

• Love 1

What is the point of Nicole? She's nice, she's quick to squash beef, and she doesn't slut around like Tony. Except for her inexplicable accent, there is nothing wrong with her. I think some people from BMP are going to get fired for casting her, because she's way too good for this show. No way does she make a single season of The Challenge.

One thing Nicole isn't the best at .. . .  giving interviews. Jason has that on lock.

Anybody else think "Powerpuff Girls" anytime somebody refers to Madison as "Bubbles"?

• Love 2

What is the point of Nicole? She's nice, she's quick to squash beef, and she doesn't slut around like Tony. Except for her inexplicable accent, there is nothing wrong with her. I think some people from BMP are going to get fired for casting her, because she's way too good for this show. No way does she make a single season of The Challenge.

They'll probably put her on to see who she tries to hook up with.

One thing Nicole isn't the best at .. . .  giving interviews. Jason has that on lock.

Anybody else think "Powerpuff Girls" anytime somebody refers to Madison as "Bubbles"?

Oh I think Nicole gets around plenty. She's just slick at avoiding cameras.

• Love 1

I don't know why people say this every time a down to earth cast member is cast. There is always one to two cast members every year that are low on the drama. It happenes every year. They don't cast everyone to be crazy.

• Love 1

Bruno acted crazy over that hamburger!  Not speaking to his brother because he ate his tuna???  That's nuts!   Steroids?

I was thinking the same thing. Last week he was complaining about Rich kid problems with drama on Instagram. I would say he has too much time on his hands to get mad about food especially since Tony was giving him money the second he complained about it.

Nicole and her sisters were adorable. I like having at least one non-crazy per season. Next week looks to be back to the high drama over protein since Bruno's brother is in town.

So Tony decided to love the one he's with…why? I think because he wants to be sure he has a bed buddy for the rest of the season without having to deal with Madison whining about other girls.

As with the tuna thing, it's not about the food. With the hamburger, it was about people just helping themselves to something that isn't theirs. With how brother, it's about everything that was said afterwards. He can keep saying it's about food all he wants but it's not really about that. Not saying that Bruno isn't completely out of line when he says such things or pops off like he did last week  but it was never about the actual food.

I think Nicole was expecting to have way more of her escapades aired. She gave an interview to AfterEllen before the season started where she came off as a pretty horrible person, and while she did mention in it that there were girls she would walk away from the cameras because they didn't want to be caught flirting with her on camera, she also said stuff indicating that she thought a lot of her hook-ups would make it on air (crap about how we would all learn by watching her how to have game, etc.).

As with the tuna thing, it's not about the food. With the hamburger, it was about people just helping themselves to something that isn't theirs. With how brother, it's about everything that was said afterwards. He can keep saying it's about food all he wants but it's not really about that. Not saying that Bruno isn't completely out of line when he says such things or pops off like he did last week  but it was never about the actual food.

He basically said it's the principle involved. And I don't know about in the case of his brother, but if Jason says "My bad, I'll buy you more burgers" and Tony lays out a 20 for what was, at most, 4 dollars worth of food what else is there to say?

They ate it, apologized then told you they would make you whole, and now you're just screaming.  They did all they could do, besides not eat it in the first place.

• Love 4

I get Bruno's being pissed off about the food, but damn, he could have calmly explained to them that he didn't appreciate it, and in the future he'd like to be asked.  He was ready to catch a case over that stupid hamburger patty.  The kid's got serious anger management problems.

• Love 1

He basically said it's the principle involved. And I don't know about in the case of his brother, but if Jason says "My bad, I'll buy you more burgers" and Tony lays out a 20 for what was, at most, 4 dollars worth of food what else is there to say?

They ate it, apologized then told you they would make you whole, and now you're just screaming. They did all they could do, besides not eat it in the first place.

as I said, his reaction was never justified, I'm just saying it's not just about his burgers being eaten
  • Love 1

I too enjoyed a respite from all the screechy screaming this week. Even Nicole's parents were charming with her mom's sarcastic "yeah, we're going to paint the town" comment. Yeah, Bruno overreacted but one of the worst physical fights I ever got in was with my brother over a nasty, frozen bagel. It's really not about the food. It's probably about control, disrespect or having had to compete for resources too much while he was growing up. His family life sounded...difficult.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 1

I have to call complete bull on Nicole's accent now that we have seen her sisters and her mom. Uhhhh-uh. One person in the house has the thickest accent I've ever heard (I'm in Jersey, so I know NE accents) when the rest of them have nada and then they can't even understand Nicole = they are not used to hearing her talk with this accent. I was afraid from the get-go that Nicole was creating a character and now I am a little blah on her bc she's now the Brian Williams of the cast. It is still called The REAL World so lay off the phony accents. grrrr.
As for Tony and Madison…. Silvia was funny hosing them down but of course Madison is going to be an idiot and take him back… again. And you know he will be creeping again next episode. Madison… here is a tip for you: If a guy disrespects you as BAD as Tony did (repeatedly) he is NEVER going to just suddenly love and respect you. Tigers don't change their stripes, girlie. 
I thought Nicole didn't fit the skeletons theme and they just wanted her on the show. I wonder if Jason is also going to have a lame skeleton too now. Will it just be the chick he knocked up and whether he will be a good dad bc he has relationship issues with his dad? I really like Jason, I love that he always has good advice for his roomies and more than once has talked one of them out of acting like a lunatic or doing something they shouldn't. 

As for who from this show should go to the Challenge in the future… Nicole is my number one pick. She is in insanely good shape, strong as hell and very loud and she likes running game on girls. Sounds like a perfect Challenge addition and probably why they cast Nicole without a real skeleton. 
Tony might get picked bc he will try and sleep with all the girls but I think he would suck at all challenges. He doesn't look like the kind of guy that can get that kind of stuff done. Bruno I guess bc he's in good shape and that temper would probably make for lots of drama. I don't see V or Silvia as being challenge material. Jason, maybe? Madison- ugh, hopefully not. I just cannot with her voice and her actions. 

• Love 1

I've said this before, Jason's skeleton is going to end up being his dad that he never sees. It will tie into what he's going through now and it seemed pretty clear from the previews of the season.

The things, skeletons in your closet doesn't HAVE to be high drama. Most of this season Nicole has been played as the life of the party and a "playa" but her sisters being there explored how bad it is for her in reality (all of the cheating and everything). It also exposed her in a way we hadn't seen before (with the accent and everything seemingly overdone on purpose).

Edited by Racj82

I think one of the girls did say Nicole has hooked up with 2 girls she (Sylvia or V) works with. 

I don't like seeing Nicole act like a 'playa' just as much as it makes me want to vomit when Tony goes into that mode. 

Especially because she gets all up in their faces and my space bubble alert warning goes off and it makes me uncomfortable just watching that. 

And I get Bruno - DON'T TOUCH MY EFFING FOOD.  Especially if I'm looking forward to eating something later... and it's gone... oh my..... there will be hell. lol

Edited by gunderda

I agree with Bruno in the whole burger-gate scandal. It's so annoying when someone eats your food that you intended to eat for a specific purpose at a specific time. Bruno seems hardcore about his weight training and meals and set aside those burgers to be eaten later for some needed protein intake. Tony and Jason selfishly ate burgers simply because they were hungry and the burgers were there. They were thinking of their own needs, and it didn't occur to them to ask Bruno or find out who the burgers belonged to before partaking. That's so upsetting to me. As Bruno alluded to, it's the principle of the thing just like with the group having to pay Tony's bar tab because he drank more than he could afford to cover. While Bruno was extreme in his reaction, someone obviously needs to talk to these kids about being considerate towards others. They just think about themselves and never have bothered to learn how to respect others and their possessions. With that said, Jason TH's about having to confront Bruno about eating the burger were comedic gold. I found him super funny in this episode with his TH's, sombrero, and ripping on Bruno for his love for burgers.

I loved that Bruno didn't care that Tony got hit in the face because all he cared about was the burgers. I don't condone violence, but I'm glad a stranger clocked Tony in the moneymaker. He just sucks. If anybody has it coming, it's this Don Juan who I'm sure is going to eff up his "relationship" with Madison by next week. Heck, if a hot blonde passes by, he won't even make it by the end of the night. It's sad that Tony wants to ensure a guaranteed piece of ass so badly that he entered a relationship with that bag of crazy. He's entering very dangerous territory here and he will definitely screw this up given that he is a manwhore. Madison is an idiot for agreeing to a relationship with him. She knows he won't change his ways and Tony does too. He's already cheated on her in his mind. You can see the train wreck coming, but they're both too dumb to get off the tracks.

I loved the skeletons this week. I was actually touched by Nicole's story. It has to be hard to say goodbye to sisters she's lived with her entire life who are going off and getting married. They are obviously really close and genuinely love each other. It was refreshing to see a relationship that wasn't ripe with dysfunction for a change. Nicole seems like the black sheep of the family considering her lesbianism, heavy accent and cheating ways, but her sisters were loving and supportive anyway. That was cool to see, and hopefully Bruno took notes and realizes you don't have to stop talking to your brother for 3 years over a disagreement about a freaking tuna sandwich. I know it's deeper than that, but all that anger isn't worth it. If Nicole is getting so much action in Chicago, why haven't we seen any of it? Is she really that sly?

In regards to The Challenge, I think a majority of these kids will end up doing it. Everyone on the Portland cast (except for Joi who was only on for 3 episodes) has done a Challenge, and I believe that was one of the lowest rated seasons. So I think they all will get invitations. I think Nicole definitely will do the next one, and I predict she will be a beast for years to come. The Challenge really needs a lesbian and alpha female right now. I can see Jason doing it for his child. The producers would love that story line. That would be really cool if he brought the kid on The Challenge with him like Belou did way back in the day. Jason better learn how to swim though. If Bruno is on there, he'll probably get kicked off for knocking someone out. If this guy gets this worked up over burgers and BYEEEEEE, he will go apeshit when he gets thrown into the dome after getting backstabbed.  I can see Sylvia on there for good THs, Tony on there for potential hookups, and Madison on there to be jealous over Tony's hookups. I don't see Violetta on there. She doesn't seem like the athletic type, but I'm sure she'll get an invite due to her craziness.

Anyway, I hope the security guards make their first appearance next week. With a name like Briah, this kid is asking to get smacked. Just kidding.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 1

I am a totally non-violent person and that BYEEEEE thing made me want to smack someone for the first time since about 1st grade. So I can kind of understand him completely losing it after hearing it enough times.  (and, she clearly knew that was the perfect way to push his buttons)

I think Nicole would be great on the Challenges.

Who names their triplets Ashley, Nicole and Samantha unless it's the south and you plan to debut them at a cotillion one day?

Those names are pretty regular. Do they happen to mean something when all together? Like from a name from a southern book? 

• Love 1