Goatwhore

Music Clyde dislikes:
Carmina Burana
She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain
Taylor Swift (all)
Jerusalem

• Love 1
(edited)

I got a bit excited when I heard CBS was looking at a pilot called Super Clyde. 

I really think Clyde could carry a spinoff show, but it has nothing to do with our Clyde. 

Mrs. Hudson would totally make him an awesome cape.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

Coming home just a while ago I found a decent sized tortoise on my front porch.  I immediately wanted to adopt him, name it Clyde Jr and learn how to knit cozies for it and build dollhouse crime scenes.

• Love 7

Surely Clyde is a fan of Peanut, a red-eared slider turtle who was rescued in 1993 with a plastic six-pack holder embedded in her shell that had deformed it to a peanut shape.  As the face of Missouri’s No More Trash campaign, warning the public of the dangers that littering poses to marine life, she exemplifies determination to overcome obstacles.  Sherlock must approve too.  http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/peanut-turtle-still-alive-and-saving-worlds-oceans

• Love 1

The thread for S05.E12: "Crowned Clown, Downtown Brown" has a few comments on Clyde's whereabouts and what he might be doing while Sherlock and Joan are solving mysteries. Does Clyde create mysteries, or pick locks, or does he have something more creative in mind? Ideas, please!

I believe from what we've seen, that Clyde is very methodical. He probably learned to pick locks so he could get out of his terrarium. Then, he figured out how to climb onto the table so he could discover which cases Sherlock was looking into. From there, he read the manual on how to use the computer and access the internet. I also believe that he has developed his own irregulars to assist him in his endeavors.

• Love 7
On 1/26/2017 at 1:42 AM, roseha said:

That would be hilarious and I would love it.

The inside of a fridge with muffled dialogue and long silent periods when Joan & Sherlock are in Gregson's office.....

On 5/2/2018 at 11:15 PM, Driad said:

Any bets on how soon we will see Clyde again? 

I'm so worried about Clyde that I'm thinking of filing a report with Marcus at the station.
Me: I'd like to report someone missing.

Marcus: What's their name?

Me: Clyde.

Marcus: How long has he been missing?

Me: What episode are we up to?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

LOL, Loandbehold.

I  hope they haven't forgotten about Clyde.  Surely TPTB know how popular he is!

Edited by Trey
  • Love 1

In the 2018.07.02 episode "The Adventure of Ersatz Sobekneferu," Sherlock says Clyde is seven years old. So Clyde hatched in 2010 or 2011.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Was that really Clyde, or did they recast the role?

I'm giving that question a bit of Who cares?  Due respect for their longevity (unless they get turned into soup), but "Clyde" is basically a prop that moves (slowly).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, johntfs said:

I'm giving that question a bit of Who cares?  Due respect for their longevity (unless they get turned into soup), but "Clyde" is basically a prop that moves (slowly).

A lot of people on this board like Clyde.  Most of the ones who have posted in this thread, for example.  I personally find that he has more personality than some of the human characters on some TV shows.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

Was that really Clyde, or did they recast the role?

I wondered too. He seemed smaller than before but I haven't seen him in a long time.  Animals are often recast; remember Data's cat Spot on ST:TNG changed appearance dramatically.

12 minutes ago, Driad said:

I wondered too. He seemed smaller than before but I haven't seen him in a long time.  Animals are often recast; remember Data's cat Spot on ST:TNG changed appearance dramatically.

I thought he looked smaller too, even though I had looked away when he came on screen and only looked back in time to get a glimpse.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

thought he looked smaller

15 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I thought he looked different, which is why I asked.

also a little brighter shade of green? So maybe they are using a younger tortoise?

I don't like to think that wasn't the real Clyde!

Although, for all we know, it might have been a different Clyde in every episode he's been in.

• Love 1

I had worked on Elementary in the past, though I didn't this year. I do know people who work on the show, and am informed, that, yes, it is Clyde, and visual differences may be because they might have used his understudy, Bonnie (I am not kidding about that).

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, basil said:

I had worked on Elementary in the past, though I didn't this year. I do know people who work on the show, and am informed, that, yes, it is Clyde, and visual differences may be because they might have used his understudy, Bonnie (I am not kidding about that).

Well, if they had to use Clyde's understudy, that would explain why she didn't have any lines.

• Love 13

You're very welcome, Trey. Bonnie and Clyde have lived together from the beginning (I met them both once, and they were very charming). My understanding is that they are both kept by a company member. I don't know that they are provided for like Elementary's "Clyde", but I'll check into it. I'm pretty sure I've got at decade's worth of care for them. 

• Love 3

Truth told, I'm not sure they are male and female, much less mated. I do know, for a fact, that there were (and are) two tortoises that play Clyde. One is called Clyde, they other one Bonnie. It isn't like CJ's goldfish on The West Wing. Those two tortoises  have been around from the get go. You are either seeing Clyde or Bonnie.

• Love 2

Honestly I wondered if it was a different Clyde also, but we did see him rather far away.  Usually he’s seen closer up.  I suppose it might have been Bonnie also.

Great to see Clyde back in any event and to know he is being looked after in the future.

• Love 3

Thanks for that link!

My favourite:

Fact #8: Clyde was originally cast in a recreation of a hit TV show involving crime-fighting turtles, but scheduling conflicts forced him to bow out.

• Love 4