Type keyword(s) to search

Clyde: Artistic Clothes Tortoise

Driad

I looked up Clyde's species [Russian Tortoise] and they actually hibernate up to 9 months in the wild, minimum 8 weeks in captivity.  So there is a natural reason why we don't see him (or her) that often.    I couldn't find a lifespan figure, though. 

If Clyde hibernates for 8 weeks or a few months per year, we could still see him more than we do. 

48 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I wanted to name her Priscilla

Queen of the Desert?  Fun movie!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Driad said:

Fan fiction prompt: Clyde's view and interpretation of the events in "Fit to Be Tied."  If you write a story, please post a link!

No fanfic here, but, in the tediously long time Michael was pursuing Joan throughout the brownstone, I really wanted Clyde to trip Michael when he was chasing Joan up the stairs and imagined Michael then landing with a fatally broken neck.

• Love 4
(edited)

With Joan and Sherlock in the Mother Country, where is Clyde? Sherlock didn't seem to have time to take him before he got out of the US of A. Joan could have brought him, but we don't know how well Clyde does on long trips. My guess is that Marcus is taking care of him. And, either Clyde will help solve the case of who shot the Captain, or else he'll stay in the Captain's room as the final guard in case the shooter comes to the hospital to try again.

In the episode thread, someone gave Clyde a shoutout. Was he in the episode? If so, I'll have to watch again b/c I missed him. 

Edited by Loandbehold
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

n the episode thread, someone gave Clyde a shoutout. Was he in the episode? If so, I'll have to watch again b/c I missed him. 

We see a terrarium at the beginning of the episode before we see Sherlock.  Later we see Clyde in the terrarium in front of Chip mixing drinks.

(o/t why does auto correct keep changing see to are?)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, elle said:

We see a terrarium at the beginning of the episode before we see Sherlock.  Later we see Clyde in the terrarium in front of Chip mixing drinks.

(o/t why does auto correct keep changing see to are?)

Thank you.  I missed that shot of Clyde - glad to know he is still with them:)

• Love 2

What does it take to import a turtle from the US to the UK?  Would Clyde have spent time in quarantine?  What happens if they take him back to the US?

(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Driad said:

What does it take to import a turtle from the US to the UK?  Would Clyde have spent time in quarantine?  What happens if they take him back to the US?

I wondered the same thing when I saw Clyde on the season premiere because I remember reading an interview several years ago with an actor who wanted to take a cat or dog to England while shooting a film and they ended up not taking the pet because the quarantine time was so long (this was ages ago so the rules may be different now).

ETA: according to the current regulations, there are no restrictions/quarantines for reptiles entering the UK. All of these pet rules may change after Brexit. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 4

But, as I asked in the episode thread . . .

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Isn't Clyde a much larger tortoise? Might this not be a much smaller, distant cousin turtle?

image.jpeg

isn't Clyde much larger? Especially since the terrarium is closer to the camera than the drink mixer?

Maybe Sherlock and Joan have a new baby

tortoise.

Who’s a Good Boy!: Favorite Performance By a Live Animal

Winner: Brooklyn Nine Nine - Cheddar (he's won three years in a row)

Runner up: Elementary - Clyde

For his last time to be entered, Clyde did win as runner up!  It notes that Cheddar has won the past three years, am I mistaken in thinking that Clyde was also the runner up in all those three years?  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, elle said:

For his last time to be entered, Clyde did win as runner up!  It notes that Cheddar has won the past three years, am I mistaken in thinking that Clyde was also the runner up in all those three years? 

Not sure about where Clyde fell the past years, but this year I don't have a problem w/ runner-up. Clyde was sidelined for much of this season and even when he was on screen wasn't really shown to be his heroic, lock-picking, detecting, intuitive self.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4