Type keyword(s) to search

The Chew - General Discussion

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Michael and Daphne were on together on The Dish within Dr. Oz's show back when Michael's book came out but of course, my local station pre empted Oz for the impeachment hearings so I didn't get to see it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Michael, Carla, and Clinton are all employees of the Food Network now in various capacities. Even “Sparkles”, aka Jackie Rothong has some live cooking classes on the Food Network subscription app.   I keep hoping that if the app is successful, they could put together some type of “Chew” type show on the app, perhaps once a month or as a seasonal special. I guess I can dream.  Not to compete with The Kitchen “ on the network. 

Edited by justspiffy
Forgot an important point.
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah... As I was saying in my comment from earlier today, I just don't see why nothing was ever worked out for some sort of Chew-esque show with Carla, Clinton and Michael.  They were all willing to do it -- at least, at one point they were.  There is a market for that type of show. 

And, quite frankly, this is nothing against Daphne but Clinton, Carla and Michael together were more entertaining than Daphne is to watch (for me).  She's okay, but the three of them mesh well together (maybe because they are closer in age, and they are each much older than Daphne is).  It never felt like a huge loss to me when she suddenly left the show (for whatever reason she left).  I wouldn't have minded if she had still appeared on The Chew once in a while -- which never happened -- but I didn't necessarily miss her as a regular, daily co-host.

I don't know if the issue is that Clinton, Carla and Michael have never been approached by another network or production company since the The Chew was canceled, or if they were approached but they didn't like the offer, or they were legally unable to do it because of their other contracts.  Although... even being with Food Network, they should be able to do a show on certain other networks (just as Michael was able to when he signed on for The Chew)... I guess.

What I realized is that there hasn't been a live Facebook video with Clinton, Carla and Michael in a while.  The first one they did was, I think, in October 2018, wasn't it?  Then they did another one in spring 2019.  Was it May?  Now we are up to March 2020.  I don't think they have done another live stream since spring last year, unless I missed something.  I know they said that it's rare that they are all in in the same city at the same time, but I wonder if they are even trying to make these live streams happen anymore.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
On 3/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, TVFan17 said:

Yeah... As I was saying in my comment from earlier today, I just don't see why nothing was ever worked out for some sort of Chew-esque show with Carla, Clinton and Michael.  They were all willing to do it -- at least, at one point they were.  There is a market for that type of show. 

And, quite frankly, this is nothing against Daphne but Clinton, Carla and Michael together were more entertaining than Daphne is to watch (for me).  She's okay, but the three of them mesh well together (maybe because they are closer in age, and they are each much older than Daphne is).  It never felt like a huge loss to me when she suddenly left the show (for whatever reason she left).  I wouldn't have minded if she had still appeared on The Chew once in a while -- which never happened -- but I didn't necessarily miss her as a regular, daily co-host.

I don't know if the issue is that Clinton, Carla and Michael have never been approached by another network or production company since the The Chew was canceled, or if they were approached but they didn't like the offer, or they were legally unable to do it because of their other contracts.  Although... even being with Food Network, they should be able to do a show on certain other networks (just as Michael was able to when he signed on for The Chew)... I guess.

What I realized is that there hasn't been a live Facebook video with Clinton, Carla and Michael in a while.  The first one they did was, I think, in October 2018, wasn't it?  Then they did another one in spring 2019.  Was it May?  Now we are up to March 2020.  I don't think they have done another live stream since spring last year, unless I missed something.  I know they said that it's rare that they are all in in the same city at the same time, but I wonder if they are even trying to make these live streams happen anymore.

There's a People video interview with Clinton on the home page. He talks about how he thought for sure that the three of them were going to get another show after The Chew was canceled. He says he texts with Carla and Michael weekly.

• Love 4

Earlier this year, Michael did Instagram videos of meals from his book and right now, he’s doing daily dinners for everyone staying home. He’s Chefsymon on Instagram. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ML89 said:

Earlier this year, Michael did Instagram videos of meals from his book and right now, he’s doing daily dinners for everyone staying home. He’s Chefsymon on Instagram. 

He is also posting them on Facebook.

• Love 1
On 7/26/2020 at 6:17 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

Clinton does a half hour cooking segment on Instagram on Fridays, you can see the past ones. I binged about 4 Saturday morning lol. It's hilarious and he usually plays a game too. If you haven't watched you should. 

Carla is doing a "recess" segment often on Instagram (which I don't use) that she reposts on Facebook. I wish Clinton would also repost. And that the three of them would get together again.

I think The Chew would be a terrific thing to have in these pandemic times.

Also, I noted that Jamie Lee Curtis was on the Today show this morning. She is dead to me now after being such a bitch to Clinton on The Chew. She really ruined her image there for me.

• Love 2

Carla and Nancy Fuller are doing little cooking programs from the hotel rooms where they are being sequestered while shooting Holiday Baking Championship. Such fun with them making do with limited ingredients and utensils. 

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone gets notifications of updates to this forum, but Mario Batlali's trial for indecent assault and battery at Boston restaurant in 2017 begins today. Batali opted for a bench trial, rather than a jury trial. Report: https://www.wcvb.com/article/sexual-misconduct-case-of-celebrity-chef-mario-batali-begins-in-boston/39941293

WCVB Channel 5, the same ABC affiliate that carried The Chew, has been tweeting updates.

This is a live stream:

Short thread from a local reporter covering the trial (not much info): 

That reporter has a bunch of tweets about the trial on his Twitter profile but he doesn't thread them all, so it's too much to post them all here. 

Here are some screenshots, but I didn't get everything.

1695397192_ScreenShot2022-05-09at12_58_14PM.thumb.png.6e006754c3509e291b984877fe67523a.png

1079818492_ScreenShot2022-05-09at12_58_32PM.thumb.png.46a1e4bc4954d4dcf5870d81dc78487f.png947629059_ScreenShot2022-05-09at12_58_42PM.thumb.png.ef2d0a5495c27791a34f5d727480484f.png

• Love 1

Batali was acquitted in Boston.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/sexual-misconduct-case-of-celebrity-chef-mario-batali-boston-may-10/39953800

19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I know someone who worked for him. He isn’t a nice guy.

I can't even look at him any more. I'm not sure the verdict in the Boston case was wrong for that case, but I think Batali has serious problems. If I recall correctly, some of the stories that came out of Spotted Pig gastropub in NYC were depraved.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, General Days said:

Batali was acquitted in Boston.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/sexual-misconduct-case-of-celebrity-chef-mario-batali-boston-may-10/39953800

I can't even look at him any more. I'm not sure the verdict in the Boston case was wrong for that case, but I think Batali has serious problems. If I recall correctly, some of the stories that came out of Spotted Pig gastropub in NYC were depraved.

And if you read Heat, much of which talks about Batali, he has been a predator with a serious alcohol problem for a very long time. And if you recall, when the Spotted Pig and other stories first came to light, he was quoted as saying that, while he did not remember the specific situations described, it sounded like ways he had acted. I imagine his attorneys got to him fairly quickly after that admission. I’m just sorry he took The Chew down with him.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Carla, Clinton, and Michael did a Facebook/Instagram Live thing today that was delightful. You can find it on Michael's page on FB.

Thank you!  I will definitely check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1