Type keyword(s) to search

Relationships: Speed Dating

Trini
  • Start Topic

I think they'll be on the outs for some time to come, and even after they do reconcile, their friendship will never be the same.  As Caitlin, and Jay earlier, reminded Barry, some things, once broken, can never be fixed so as to be "like new."

I mean, let's face it.  Barry is responsible for the death of Cisco's brother.  It's not as though he just forgot Cisco's birthday and Cisco is just a little miffed about it.

Barry did create a new timeline, but I don't think he should be directly held responsible for every single change -- which only he and the audience know about. Because then everything is actually Eobard Thawne's fault.

I can see Cisco being upset about Barry's selfishness, but Dante was killed in a car accident. (Also then I think it'd be fair for Barry to bring up that Cisco is dead in one timeline.)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Trini said:

Apparently Cisco and Barry are still on the outs during the crossover -- understandable, but it still makes me sad. :(

And honestly, was it the right time when they've traveled to another universe to get help to insist that no, they aren't friends, just work associates?  It was petty and unneeded.  Not a good look on Cisco.  

17 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I think they'll be on the outs for some time to come, and even after they do reconcile, their friendship will never be the same.  As Caitlin, and Jay earlier, reminded Barry, some things, once broken, can never be fixed so as to be "like new."

I mean, let's face it.  Barry is responsible for the death of Cisco's brother.  It's not as though he just forgot Cisco's birthday and Cisco is just a little miffed about it.

I think I might have been more on Cisco's side if we weren't told that even before Cisco knew about the timeline change, he still blamed Barry for his brother's death.  I remain pissed at Barry for selfishly changing everyone's life but Cisco apparently was going to hate Barry for Dante's death whether he had any connection to it or not and that makes even his justified upset now just feel like a retread of something unfair.   

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, twoods said:

Who knows- maybe Grant is uncomfortable doing those scenes? I will wait until the second half and if they don't show anything despite the two of them living together, then I will be pissed. 

Nah, be mad now. These writers love to disappoint. I have to continually lower my expectations when it comes to the writing for Barry/Iris.

If we couldn't get anything steamier for the mid-season finale after they are definitely a couple, I just don't think it's coming. Since they are going to be living together, we might get some 'morning after' references, but I still wouldn't hold my breath. It's been a pattern that they show the minimum went it comes to this relationship.

It's so weird. It's like they know this relationship is important to the show, to the lead character, BUT YET, the showrunners still manage to be lazy and indifferent about it.

• Love 5

I'm at the point where I believe this does have something to do with race. I think they want Barry/Iris to be this pure, Disney-esque love story, but for some reason that means pretending sex doesn't exist and making them as tame as humanly possible.

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe this would be the case with a white couple. I think if the romantic female lead was white, they would absolutely be given a romanticized first time sex scene like every other main show couple in CW history.

I'm uncomfortable now, because I genuinely believe that's what's happening. For them to not even have written a scene like what Barry got with Patty after they had sex...that's just messed up. And it's telling.

And I guess I'm more disturbed because I didn't see it coming. I was thinking of it like any other couple. I thought there's absolutely no way they have sex offscreen or don't make a big deal out of their first time, and I was ignoring the very in your face fact that they've been doing the bare minimum with these two all season long (aside from 3x04 I guess). I just couldn't even fathom a CW show ignoring their main couple's first time together.

But I was wrong. They were given less than nothing. Less than he had with Patty, less than he had with Linda. That is a big statement. And it's a disturbing one.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 4

I doubt that. The Arrow one was Oliver and Felicity's first time.

If you're gonna make a big deal out of a sex scene it's going to happen with their first time. The fact that they totally ignored it says something.

And here's another thing- go look at the trailer for this episode. That scene in the trailer was filmed differently than what we saw in the finished cut. So that means the network watered down even more what was already tame to begin with.

That's even more disturbing and totally adds to my fear about what's going on here. I don't think they want to show Barry and Iris being too intimate.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

Not having one for their first time and brushing it off as having happened offscreen is the big offense here. That should have been a huge deal, how could they not even make it significant?? For these two and all the build-up?

• Love 2

After many seasons of Arrow *sigh* I'm just grateful that Barry got the apartment and didn't break up with Iris and run off screaming manpain to keep her safe. 

You're talking to a wounded Olicity shipper here so my standards are low! I'm grateful that Barry and Iris are happy together as of right now! Hopefully they will avert whatever death is predicted in 5 months and stay in tact by the end of the season. 

But I do get why you're disappointed *passes you a cupcake*

• Love 2

I'm not sure they've made love already.  I just don't think that is what they'll do here.  There are way more episodes in the back half of the season than in the front half (this was only episode 9).  There is a lot of time to see them make love for the first time.  Hopefully we didn't miss it - otherwise I'd be really upset - I just don't think we've missed it yet.  

I do think that the show missed an opportunity to make their first time last night though - in that apartment... 

10 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont think its a CW thing. CW does the promo but the EPs decide what stays in or what gets cut.

The network does have a say in the final edit. From what I understand, for shows like this, there's a director's cut, producer cut, then a network cut.

I wouldn't know if it's network interference in this case, but the network approved Barry and Linda's topless makeout session, so something similar for Barry and Iris should be fine.

I understand the show runners like to talk and justify bullshit and be passive aggressive, so I wonder if anyone has asked them why we haven't seen any sex scenes/intimacy between Barry and Iris? It's not as if they were forced to cast Candice and Jesse. They decided to cast them in these pivotal roles. And we did get to see Iris strip to her underwear in Earth 2-when she thought she was with her Earth 2 Barry, as well as making out with who she thought was her husband.

• Love 1

I think the problem I have is that Iris was shown to tell Barry that she was falling in love with him, had feelings for him, whatever, in Season 1, BEFORE she knew he was the flash.  They showed how they had chemistry. I don't know if Barry ever told her about that because I have missed some episodes. 

It also makes it difficult to understand his insecurity.  He knows that before he changed the timeline Iris had come to the realization that she had feelings for Barry, in spite of Eddie, and was willing to see where that would lead. In one episode this year he said something about her wanting to be with him and not the Flash or something like that. He should feel encouraged by his memory of her wanting to be with him before she knew he was The Flash.   If anything the Barry/Iris problems are Barry's doing because he changed time. The more I think about it, I as tired as I am of speedsters, I am also tired of the results of Barry's interfering and then his being hurt by them.    They need to write more scenes with Iris being impressed/happy with Barry and not the Flash, and for that matter more scenes of Barry being a SMART CSI or whatever he is for people to be impressed. It seems like when he was introduced in Arrow we were lead to believe he was supposed to be smart....but they do such dumb things on the show and it is usually someone else that figures it out. 

Actually for me that was the start of the show changing, and not for the better.  Last season was not a good season. It wasn't terrible, but it should have been better with the momentum they had. 

As for the people still talking about Patty...I don't think they have shown many scenes of Barry pining for, thinking about , or trying to contact Patty.  I think it is safe to say that as much as some fans don't like Iris, they must not have been solidly behind Patty either or surely they would have pulled a Laurel/Felicity.  Patty also seemed much older than Barry. 

I hope they don't kill Camille or make her evil. I hope they keep Joe around (but I doubt it) and it would be nice for him to have a life outside of the Flash, the kids, and the job. 

Edited by catrice2

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe this would be the case with a white couple. I think if the romantic female lead was white, they would absolutely be given a romanticized first time sex scene like every other main show couple in CW history.

Would surprise me with The Flash as a Kreisberg show, look how he treated Jimmy and Kara (Supergirl). He cant get rid of WestAllen the same way but as the main couple of the show they are not given their due. Iris like Jimmy, get crumbs every episode. Its becoming a pattern, AK. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 4

I was trying to think that maybe the reason Barry and Iris don't get to be that physically affectionate is because the show really does intend to keep them together on a permanent basis (more or less, maybe they'll split for like 2-3 eps at some point but get back together right away), so they're very conscious of not letting the relationship take over the show in the way that say, Oliver/Felicity did (which got them a ton of criticism).

But I think everyone knows that a couple is most into each other when they first get together, so it doesn't really make sense for them to be over all that already. And they did focus more on Barry and Patty last season when she was there, but I suppose it could have been because they knew she was temporary and gone in just ten episodes.

But even if these are the reasons for this, it would not hurt anything to let more of their scenes be longer than two minutes. Like, for real. And to let them be more couple-y, more affectionate, more into each other like all new couples are. They should be allowed to have a sex scene, to make a big deal out of their first time (which they've already robbed us of).

It's super lame in some ways, the way they're handling a lot of that. They're just ignoring way too much of it. Episode 4 was the only one that seemed to make it a focus, and it stood out for that reason, but that's it? Too many of the other episodes gave them a scene that was like, thirty seconds long. I don't know what that's about, why they seem to have a hard time striking a good balance on this stuff. Is it because this cast is just too big with the way they have to focus on too many characters all the time?

• Love 5

Well, on twitter one of the writers just admitted that B/I had their first time in 3x09 when Barry took off Iris' coat.  When a fan asked why we didn't see it, she said there were kids watching as it was an 8pm show.  When other fans called BS on that because Arrow comes on at 8pm and Olicity got more steamy scenes, she relented a bit and said that since they are now living together, there would be much more flirty scenes, etc..

These writers are idiots.  The time to do the flirty stuff is when there can be all of the UST.  Now all of the tension will come from Iris living on borrowed time... so there better be some desperation lovemaking we get to see.  If not, I plan to riot.

The "it's 8pm, there are kids watching" excuse is BS because the CW doesn't bother with that for any other timeslot except - sorry not sorry - the one featuring the black female lead and a white male lead.

• Love 12

I was one of the people who did not think Iris and Barry had any real chemistry.  I actually liked her a lot more with Eddie than I did with Barry.  It wasn't til the Earth-2 Episodes that I finally saw it.  It could be that E2 Iris and Barry were married and the displays of affection were assured, and in Iris' case, quite ggressive, but I finally saw the spark. 

It may have just been the dynamic of the E2 Iris and Barry relationship -- her coming off more dominant and he being more nerdy -- it just felt more blatantly sexual,  kinda like some sexy role play they were doing.  But it worked.  It certainly made me interested in them as a couple for the first time.  Iris sitting on Barry's lap in that sexy dark red dress in the Xmas episode harkened back to some of that E2 dynamic.  I do think that people who are skeptical of them a couple might be won over if they are allowed to act their age when it comes to their romance.  It certainly worked for me.  Up til now it feels as it they've been treating Barry and Iris almost as if they were still teenagers.

• Love 4

I agree on the E2 Barry/Iris thing for sure. I think that dynamic works really well for them, with her being more aggressive and dominant and him so nerdy and adorable. It's a great contrast.

I actually wish they could implement that more with E1 Barry/Iris. It seems to me like they want Barry to be in control as much as possible, maybe they don't want to "emasculate" him the way E2 Barry is played for comedic effect. But it works! And it's adorable. And frankly, Season 1 Barry (and definitely the Barry who was introduced on Arrow), pretty much was that sweet, nerdy guy. He's not anymore.

I wish they could bring that guy back.

• Love 4
On 12/16/2016 at 7:44 PM, ruby24 said:

It's super lame in some ways, the way they're handling a lot of that. They're just ignoring way too much of it. Episode 4 was the only one that seemed to make it a focus, and it stood out for that reason, but that's it? Too many of the other episodes gave them a scene that was like, thirty seconds long. I don't know what that's about, why they seem to have a hard time striking a good balance on this stuff. Is it because this cast is just too big with the way they have to focus on too many characters all the time?

It just doesn't seem to be a priority in the writing and editing. The size of the cast is NOT the problem, IMO, it's the writing. Barry's the lead, so his most important relationships should be featured.

The Wests do seem to have more screentime this season; with Joe and Wally having subplots with Cecile and Jesse, so that's nice. And they have shown that Iris is important to Barry, but so much the other way around. They still tend to be one-sided when it comes Barry/Iris. We've saying since the start, but we need to see more of Iris' POV.

On 12/16/2016 at 7:44 PM, ruby24 said:

But even if these are the reasons for this, it would not hurt anything to let more of their scenes be longer than two minutes. Like, for real. And to let them be more couple-y, more affectionate, more into each other like all new couples are. They should be allowed to have a sex scene, to make a big deal out of their first time (which they've already robbed us of).

On 12/16/2016 at 10:31 PM, phoenics said:

These writers are idiots.  The time to do the flirty stuff is when there can be all of the UST.  Now all of the tension will come from Iris living on borrowed time... so there better be some desperation lovemaking we get to see.  If not, I plan to riot.

This is why I don't think we're going to get anything steamier than what we've got so far this season (3.04 + 3.09). The time has passed; the opportunity missed. If they didn't want a full sex scene (by CW standards), they could let the scene of them at the apartment go a little longer (Barry taking off his coat too...?) and the suggestion would have been enough.

I'm glad they're finally together, and drama-free; but I'm just about done getting my hopes up, because the show has clearly shown, to me, how they are going to portray this couple, and it's not going to be what it should or could be.

Edited by Trini
missing "not"
  • Love 3

Well, TVLine posted an article with the new trailer and directly attacks the whole Barry/Iris sex thing, and I'm really glad they did, so at least the show will see it. It makes all the right points, about how odd it is, especially given that post-sex scene that Barry and Patty got.

Again, if Agents of Shield, which isn't exactly a shipper show either, knew they needed to make a big moment out of the consummation of Fitz/Simmon's relationship, The Flash should have damn well done the same for Barry and Iris. Not skipped over it entirely, like it's nothing. Todd Helbing's comment is a total copout there.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Well, TVLine posted an article with the new trailer and directly attacks the whole Barry/Iris sex thing, and I'm really glad they did, so at least the show will see it. It makes all the right points, about how odd it is, especially given that post-sex scene that Barry and Patty got.

Again, if Agents of Shield, which isn't exactly a shipper show either, knew they needed to make a big moment out of the consummation of Fitz/Simmon's relationship, The Flash should have damn well done the same for Barry and Iris. Not skipped over it entirely, like it's nothing. Todd Helbing's comment is a total copout there.

Right? Every single CW/WB show, throughout the years, has made a huge deal out of the main couple's "first time" (I may be exaggerating, but as far as I can remember, it has happened on every single show I've watched, at least). Why not show it? Or at least imply it happened?

When did it even happen?

I mean, what kind of CW pairing is Westallen, when we can't even get a first time set to a mediocre pop song by a little-known breathy female vocalist?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Princess Lucky said:

I mean, what kind of CW pairing is Westallen, when we can't even get a first time set to a mediocre pop song by a little-known breathy female vocalist?

I would guess Blake Neely would have just extended the music with the Westallen theme when they moved together. He did it for Oliver and Felicity in 3x20. You definitely do not want the Laurel/Oliver and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons route.  I think the shows in DC TV universe on CW all use the Neely compositions for the important emotional beats. 

1 hour ago, Princess Lucky said:

Right? Every single CW/WB show, throughout the years, has made a huge deal out of the main couple's "first time" (I may be exaggerating, but as far as I can remember, it has happened on every single show I've watched, at least). Why not show it? Or at least imply it happened?

When did it even happen?

Well, now I plan to lobby the writers to ask for a "last night" love scene with B/I because they fear they haven't prevented the future.   If we can't get a first (although by the looks of the promo we will see the aftermath) then we should get this at least.

And Iris better not die.

• Love 1

Ok, well- after that TVLine article and that exchange one of the writers got into with some people on twitter over the lack of a love scene (don't know if anyone saw that, but it was kinda funny), there's no way the show isn't aware of this issue.

So my guess is they probably will throw in a much more explicit love scene somewhere in the back half of the season now. I mean, it's a pretty easy request to deliver on anyway. Maybe even something like the shower scene Oliver had with "dream Laurel" recently. Just something that will much more clearly give people what they want in that department.

Still won't make up for completely omitting and not even implying that their first time had even happened (I mean, come on, are you kidding me?), but I bet we will get something else before the season's end, due to this.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 3

It's just highly suspect to me that we got two scenes with Patty/Barry&Linda/Barry making out heavily but as soon as it's Iris/Barry we can't get anything like that leading up to their first time.

It's just really bad optics.

• Love 8

This season so far, there have been less Joe/Barry father/son talks than in previous seasons. I know it's probably because Barry's relationship with Iris is more prominent now, but they really loved doing those scenes, before. Now that I think about it, some of those scenes are going to Joe/Wally.

---------

Missed opportunity alert: In 'Magenta' when Barry and Jesse sped off after movie night, I was hoping Iris and Wally would have a couple lines about them both dating speedsters. And to me it looks like the scene might have went on longer but it was cut.

• Love 1

I noticed that too, Trini. Seems like going full in with Barry and Iris has cut down on the relationship between Barry and Joe. I guess that was inevitable, but I'm still kind of surprised, since that was really the heart of the show for the first two seasons.

• Love 3

I am pretty sure that I read somewhere on the vast Internet that the decision to cast Candice as Iris or to cast a woman of color in that role was made by Geoff Johns who is the President and CCO of DC Comics. Geoff is a co-producer, but is not involved in the day to day decisions on the show because he has to run DC Comics. Let's be frank, Berlanti has never been one for diversity. Traditionally, his shows only have people of color in supporting or token roles if they even have a regular role. Also, CW like its parent company, CBS has never cared about diversity so it isn't surprising that Iris has been shunted aside from the beginning. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

We'll see. It's just that in a show that doesn't really feature sex scenes, if they do one it's usually for some significant occasion - the 'first time' is usually it. But they squandered that opportunity, so I'm not sure what other occasion they'd use -- if not Valentine's.

Different topic:
We'll have to see if this is an anomaly or a trend, but it looks like someone got the memo to put more Iris/Barry+Iris in the promos.

Agreed, but I think the writers and producers heard the cries on skipping over their first time after this last episode, so my feeling is we'll get one in the back half of the season at some point. I also think that may have been the reason for more B/I in the new promo.

Wow, Iris is actually part of the show's intro now! Was not expecting that.

Nice that they opened and ended the episode with Barry + Iris and their home. We'll see if this this many WestAllen scenes continue.

I think Caitlin and Julian have good chemistry, but I don't know if I want to see them together romantically. (Especially since she *kidnapped* him that one time.) Also I'd hate a repeat of Zolomon/Zoom if Julian goes back to being evil.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Trini said:

I think Caitlin and Julian have good chemistry, but I don't know if I want to see them together romantically. (Especially since she *kidnapped* him that one time.) Also I'd hate a repeat of Zolomon/Zoom if Julian goes back to being evil.

They're totally getting together romantically.  Julian is clear in need of love and acceptance after the whole Alchemy and Caitlin is all about that.  Even without Caitlin having so much love to give, between the scruffy face hair, the haunted eyes and the English accent, Julian is a total panty-dropper.  There was a reason all those Harry Potter fangirls were lusting for Draco.

3.10 was a good episode for Barry+Iris scenes, and I'm glad it looks like Barry is going to be more supportive of Iris when it has usually been shown the other way around. All signs* show that their relationship is going to remain strong going forward.

*(from the show itself and producer statements)

But it was also a good episode for other relationships too. In general, there was a theme of teamwork between the characters -- so that prophesied betrayal is going to sting that much more.

Barry/Wally: Barry mentoring and training Wally is a good way to show how he is maturing. He lashed out at Wally out of fear, but then he apologized. And let him take down Plunder.

Caitlin/Cisco: It's always nice to see the show remember that these two are really good friends. Although -- he did technically give her jewelry, and they were acting kinda married with the bickering about charging the cuffs.

Caitlin/Julian: I'm still not sure if they are going to 'go there' and make it romantic, but showing how these to have things in common, and being to reach out and reach past it was good. Still don't think Julian joining the STAR Labs team is the best idea, but it makes sense that Caitlin would be the one to recruit him.

Cisco/HR: Will a Cisco/Wells love/hate relationship always be a part of the show? I don't think it needs to be. But I was grateful that Cisco stopped being jerky for a minute and actually gave some words of encouragement to HR.

Not-So-Good:
Joe didn't get much to do in this one, except have a few fatherly scenes with his kids (Barry included). They really don't use the CCPD as effectively as they could.

Iris/Caitlin: In which the only female regulars still rarely get scenes talking to each other, or only share a scene if it's a group scene. Why can't they be friends, show?? In a case of 'the very least they could do', Iris mentioned that Caitlin needed saving also. I know it's Barry's show, but I need these two to have lives outside the STAR Labs bubble.

Is Cisco Into You? A Checklist:

• Do you have boobs?
  • Do you look hot in leather?
  • Are you dangerous and/or deadly?
  • Do you have a codename/alias?
  • Do you like science? (Not required but a plus)
  • Do you have powers? (Not required but a BIG plus)

------

But seriously; it was nice for Cisco to get a love interest, and I hope we see a lot more of Gypsy.

• Love 6

I'm not sure if they are actually going to 'go there' with Caitlin and Julian, but they're the only ones who haven't gotten a love interest yet this season (although, Julian's not a regular), so....

I'm finally up to date on the Flash, and I still can't get behind WestAllen.  One of my biggest issues with them is that Iris is little more than love interest/girlfriend.  It really jumped out to me when Iris tells Barry she's afraid of not leaving anything behind like her mom.  Barry's response?  She did leave something behind, a brave wonderful son, and the woman he lovesThat's it.  No other qualifiers, just that she's the woman he loves.  If the son had been changed to daughter, or if Barry said something like "brave and wonderful children, one of whom is the woman I love" it would have at least made Iris more than LI/GF.

I think Barry and Iris are so cute, and I think the more scenes they have together, the more the complete comfort/rapport builds, especially in the new apartment. You can't tell me Barry's little "that was so nice" tease wasn't a total ad-lib from Grant Gustin. It was so obvious and in the moment.

• Love 3

After seeing this week's Supergirl, I really wish The Flash had done a Valentine's episode. I just don't think there'll be another time where all the couples (and potential couples) are in a relatively good place.

17 hours ago, Trini said:

After seeing this week's Supergirl, I really wish The Flash had done a Valentine's episode. I just don't think there'll be another time where all the couples (and potential couples) are in a relatively good place.

Yes, but it would have also come with "it might be the only Valentine's we get" angst from Westallen and "my last boyfriend was a serial killer and my husband's still dead" angst from Caitlin...which, I suddenly realize I would also like to see.

• Love 1

"Everything I do is for you."
"I plan on living a long life with you, and nothing's going to take that away from me."

I know they are going to give them some angst at some point, but right now I'm basking in WestAllen happiness!

tumblr_olrapz3IuQ1qio8hpo5_400.gif

Wally and Jesse aren't deep, but they're cute together. Although, I don't expect it to last; mainly because I doubt either will around full-time next season. And even though I don't think it's going to stick - you should NOT be moving to another dimension for a guy Jesse!!

I'm not opposed to Caitlin finding love again, but the show and the audience know her history with love interests, so I don't know why they are going this route. Especially when they could be doing more/better with her powers/Killer Frost arc. She could have had a season without her romancing a guest star. (Also, Panabaker just couldn't sell that cringey "You should fear me" line.)

Edited by Trini
arrgghhh dropped a word
  • Love 3

I just hated the way they did the Wally and Jesse thing. The weird angst and moping and then all of a sudden Jesse is staying on Earth 1 just felt clunky and mishandled.

And I really don't want them to go there with Julian and Caitlin.

I really wish the show would have at least one regular female character who is not a love interest for one of the males or who is not defined by their relationship with a male. And Dr. McGee isn't frequent enough to count.

• Love 2
(edited)

*squee*
So they did write a Valentine's episode - it just got scheduled later than they planned. (And looking at last season's schedule, episode 2.14 did air near Valentine's.)

While Julian and Cecile weren't present, at least they were mentioned. They should have brought up Kendra instead of Lisa Snart since that relationship lasted longer, and she never kidnapped Cisco.

Wow, did not expect a proposal so soon! I thought Season 4, or end of this season the earliest.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm suspicious about how early this proposal is. I wonder if they figure out a way to delay official engagement until the season finale somehow. They didn't show us Iris's answer for a reason, right?

To be honest, I don't think Iris would be out of line just to think Barry's moving a tad bit too fast at this point. They've only been living together for what, two months or so? And the move-in itself was fast too, given that I'm pretty sure that Christmas episode was supposed to be their first time.

But aside from that, she has reason to think he's doing this because he fears her death and wants to rush everything just in case. So I wonder if that's the angle they'll take for her reaction. 

I could still see them getting married somewhere near the end of Season 4 though.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I could still see them getting married somewhere near the end of Season 4 though.

My idea was a Season 4 Christmas proposal, and the wedding during the 100th episode or the crossover episode in Season 5. Now I have no clue! :)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Trini said:

My idea was a Season 4 Christmas proposal, and the wedding during the 100th episode or the crossover episode in Season 5. Now I have no clue! :)

Yeah, that's how I saw it playing out too.

And I still think that works better in terms of spacing everything out right, so I'm worried that this really early proposal means doom of some kind. If Iris does what I think she will and say that she wants to wait until they've defeated Savitar to get engaged, will that cause trouble with her and Barry? Does the show think they have to break up at least once before getting them married?