Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Tears Over Miami

• Start Topic

He could improve with age and the right styling. His accent is an automatic plus.

I tend to feel sorry for the under dog, so that could be part of it.

His features definitely look like they could come together better as they age, and hopefully he fills out.

James reminds me of an odder, skinnier, quirky-looking Nico Tortorella.

• Love 1

I liked jax in this ep... Really. I found him... "true". i dunno how to explain it... it was a kind of refreshing, if you understand what I mean. He felt absolutely not embarrassed for anything at all and I really liked that. He also seemed genuinely happy to see John.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 4

Did they say Jax and FI Tom were in Miami in the 1980's, or is my memody going?

Picturing them in Miami Vice white suits with bright t-shirts and loafers with no socks. But, no, just 10 years ago.

• Love 3

I wanted to provide details on Vail since I went to high school with her. She says she's from Boston, but she lived in Florida for years. She graduated from Douglas HS in Parkland in 2000. That birthdate of '84 on Wiki is wrong and laughable. My guess is it was done by her or someone on her publicity team to try to make her seem younger. She may have been a year ahead, but three years? Doubtful. For anyone who knows about Parkland, they'll tell you it's a wealthy, uppity town and the high school is very competitive with lots of high-achieving kids stepping over each other to get to the top. Vail was definitely not immune to this. She worked very hard in HS. She was either valedictorian or very close to it. Gorgeous (she was a lot prettier back in the day), great grades, participated in all kinds of activities, joined cross country and cheerleading teams. She was very popular, but she was not a mean girl. She was very friendly and well-liked. She also pushed herself really hard all the time. I think she always felt that she had to maintain this perfect image. I remember when she became a Maxim Hometown Hottie and everyone who knew her from Parkland was shocked. She was a good girl who would never do anything that risqué. People thought she was going to become something really big one day - a CEO at a major company, a senator, a big-time attorney. She was THAT good at everything she did. Her mom was a guidance counselor at our school. I remember her lamenting to me one day that Vail pushed herself way too hard and she was worried that she'd burn out. My guess is the drug use and her hostess job are the result of a burn out from years of always trying to maintain perfection. I wish her the best. She really is/was a sweet girl.

• Love 12

Interesting background info on Vail.  Thanks for sharing.  There are various ages listed for Vail.  I've seen 32 or 34.  Given she graduated high school in 2000, she's probably around 32 now, eh?  I looked up her Maxim pics & wowza, she did look really good.  Still wondering what led her to this gig -- I mean how she got cast & why she'd wanna be doing this show.  And if she really is working the SUR hostess stand or if this is just for a gig on the show.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Ari irked this episode. Her "confidence" seems like insecurity wrapped up with a head band. Maybe it's because she's so out of place on this show, but she reminds me of people I know irl that on the surface front like they've got it going on, while dissing those that wear their crazy on the outside.

She has never seemed to have an ounce of empathy for Kristen the entire series, even before Kristen slept with Jax and the break-up. "I'm prettier, smarter, and cooler than her" did not reek of genuine self esteem to me. Besides she's friends with FI Tom and Scheener.

Thank you! Ari seems to have totally forgotten how she and Sandoval got together! Now Kristen is crazy and I would have sat down with my best friend and asked her to please not invite my boyfriend's nutso ex on the trip, but now that she's there what does Ari want exactly? Kristen is shooting her dirty looks? Well Kristen doesn't like you because you hooked up with her boyfriend! Kristen is saying mean things? Well Kristen doesn't like you because you hooked up with her boyfriend! I don't know what else Ari expects. She doesn't like you because you hooked up with her boyfriend!

• Love 3

Seriously!!!

Giggling about all the various ways you hid your alcohol abuse while at work and then proudly revealing it all to both your former boss and millions of television viewers nationwide??!

What. A. Dumbass.

And Stassi has already proven on the show what a shitty, entitled excuse of a "stylist" she truly is, so I suppose her biggest career ambition appears to be a kept woman/rich housewife.

She's a bit long in the tooth/not quite hot enough to be a Hollywood trophy wife, so she'd better pray that her rich invisible boyfriend never dumps her, or there goes her biggest likely gravy train. Unless she'd wisely humble herself enough to ever slink back into Sur as a waitress again, but her dumb smug ass would rather burn a decent bridge than potentially capitalize on her last 15 minutes.

I do love how Lisa totally burned her ass in her talking head when she mentioned how "sad" it was that hiding booze while waitressing at Sur appeared to be the proudest achievement of Stassi's life thus far!!

Stassi came across as a pathetic loser IMO.  Jax posing nude in the roots of a tree hanging on the wall of his old room mate room was very revealing...talk about messed up.  OK I vote to send these two off...bon voyage.

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 1
I wanted to provide details on Vail since I went to high school with her. She says she's from Boston, but she lived in Florida for years. She graduated from Douglas HS in Parkland in 2000. That birthdate of '84 on Wiki is wrong and laughable. My guess is it was done by her or someone on her publicity team to try to make her seem younger. She may have been a year ahead, but three years? Doubtful. For anyone who knows about Parkland, they'll tell you it's a wealthy, uppity town and the high school is very competitive with lots of high-achieving kids stepping over each other to get to the top. Vail was definitely not immune to this. She worked very hard in HS. She was either valedictorian or very close to it. Gorgeous (she was a lot prettier back in the day), great grades, participated in all kinds of activities, joined cross country and cheerleading teams. She was very popular, but she was not a mean girl. She was very friendly and well-liked. She also pushed herself really hard all the time. I think she always felt that she had to maintain this perfect image. I remember when she became a Maxim Hometown Hottie and everyone who knew her from Parkland was shocked. She was a good girl who would never do anything that risqué. People thought she was going to become something really big one day - a CEO at a major company, a senator, a big-time attorney. She was THAT good at everything she did. Her mom was a guidance counselor at our school. I remember her lamenting to me one day that Vail pushed herself way too hard and she was worried that she'd burn out. My guess is the drug use and her hostess job are the result of a burn out from years of always trying to maintain perfection. I wish her the best. She really is/was a sweet girl.

Wow. This post just made me really sad. 

• Love 3

I just remembered Ariana was insulting Jax in one of her TH's and said something like he "doesn't have the best taste in women, I mean, he slept with Kristin." Um, your boyfriend LIVED with and DATED her for like 5 years! Idiot.

Oh, that's funny!

• Love 1

What under-socialized fool brags about their I.Q?  She has an unsettling level of confidence.  Does anyone know anything about her beyond this show?  (oops, I will check Arianna thread)

The one that thinks it will actually make her sound intelligent and confident. Pro trip little miss not Ari-stotle when you're smart, pretty, and cool you don't need to tell everyone cause they already know. Socializing and playing the victim well actually seem to be some of her finer talents. 

Edited by Forrealforreal
  • Love 3

The theme to A&E's Intervention starting running through my mind when I read the part of your post I've bolded.

It seems to be a classic case of the overachiever.  I've seen so many episodes portraying that on Intervention and wow...Yes, your description of Vail makes it sound like she hit a point in her life where she experienced the same thing I've seen depicted on that show.

My own personal take on the situation is that Vail pretty much shot her acting career in the foot and has been waitressing at higher-end restaurants both to pay her bills and to network.  

I'm sure she's more than qualified to work at SUR and, in all honesty, if I were in her shoes, I, too, would be trying to get hired there in hopes of reviving life back into a dead acting career through the exposure this little gem will bring her.

I've said this before, but I don't think she's a stupid girl by any means, and I think she's totally utilizing Jax as the tool that he is in order to get herself more airtime and a solid story line.  

Hopefully she's strong enough now to not follow the leads of these chucklefucks back down into the dregs.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Greetings,

Actually logged in to say, I don't always believe in signs, but Jax seems to have been physically maimed in such a way that he look like the DEVIL. The candlelight at Dolce makes it clear to me that Jax has been marked as a demon. People ask for signs sometimes to help with a difficult decision. There it is. His forehead is carved like the devil. Run. Away. We have been warned.

Yike's I was thinking the same thing...Jax sure did look like the devil incarnate! He is totally devoid of empathy for others and appears to react from his animal brain...scary guy. All I think of when looking at him is STDs. Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 1

Interesting background info on Vail.  Thanks for sharing.  There are various ages listed for Vail.  I've seen 32 or 34.  Given she graduated high school in 2000, she's probably around 32 now, eh?

IMDB used to list her birth year as 1982, which fits her graduation year. She doesn't look young for her age so it kind of defeats the purpose of "shaving". No one's going to cast her in young girl roles anymore,  as opposed to fellow year shavers like Rachel McAdams or Linda Cardellnelli.

Vail definitely has gotten a lot of screentime for a newbie that isn't coming on as a big star a la Eileen Davidson, so she seems to know what she's doing. She generally just seems too nice for this show, though.

Edited by methodwriter85

I liked jax in this ep... Really. I found him... "true". i dunno how to explain it... it was a kind of refreshing, if you understand what I mean. He felt absolutely not embarrassed for anything at all and I really liked that. He also seemed genuinely happy to see John.

Vail, is that you?!

• Love 2

I don't know about ever, but in regards to him "denying so strenuously" (your words) ever having the mansex with John, I didn't think that's what he did.

Agree; I didn't see anything strenuous there either. But I do feel like he's denied other things strenuously before.

Reading The Andy Cohen Diaries now; he mentions VPR a few times (not often enough, in my opinion! I was hoping to get some dirt on Kristen) and does say that Jax and Stassi do seem to hate each other even outside of the show. 

Yeah, I've changed my mind bout thinking Jax was denying anything -- cuz he really wasn't.  He just doesn't admit to anything (as far as having a sexual relationship with John).  There's definitely a difference.  Oh, he played it sorta cool.  He said he didn't care if people thought he was gay or bi or whatever (or something to that effect) -- and maybe he doesn't.  Guess he and/or Andy & Lisa prefer to leave it to viewers to make their own assumptions.  Now, if John was to spill the deets on their relationship, makes me wonder how Jax woulda handled it.  Probably with his usual bullshit.

The background info on Vail makes me so curious how & why she fell so far off from the success she had.  And if this is gonna be her last acting credit on IMDB.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Finally watched this episode today. So....Jax was living in an older, wealthier man's home, sleeping in his bed, and posing nude for him and I'm supposed to believe that it was completely platonic? Yeah...okay. LMAO. I doubt that was Jax's last relationship with a man.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1