Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Maybe the last episode will have AUMichael and his army having crossed over to our world by the end of 22. They could come here either on the heels of our people or with our people chasing after them.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

It's actually a not-so-terrible ending for this season.

Whatever theories come out though, there's still the issue that there are only two episodes left and I have no idea how they could properly set anything up. They're not coming back to our world until, at best, the end of episode 22, thus only leaving the finale to start something, so anything about our Michael just seems impossible, doesn't it ?

I also don't see the AW stuff ending next episode, the battle against Michael hasn't even started, there's no resolution in sight right now.

So uh... good luck writers, I guess.

Rowena is trying to come up with a plan B to open the rift. How long before she realizes that there is another archangel in the cage...

Lucifer is nobody's savior and he is not at full power.. Jack is unstable and proximity to Lucifer is going to make him more unstable.  Gabriel is so low on juice that he is a proverbial red shirt. That was the entire point of the limp grace jokes.  He is impotent.   

AU Michael is powerful and plans to invade our world   Heaven is falling apart. Who knows who will die over there. Dean is undoubtedly more broken than he was.

Still heading towards Dean!Michael somehow someway...

Edited by Castiels Cat
18 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

They certainly look like they are seeing someone/thing they never expected to see...

The J's have been lobbying for this for awhile now.  I almost get the feeling they might have won that one with the CW.

They mentioned it in passing as a possibility but we have zero evidence the J's are lobbying for a shorter season.  And don't see it happening at all.

• Love 2
Just now, Jakes said:

They mentioned it in passing as a possibility but we have zero evidence the J's are lobbying for a shorter season.  And don't see it happening at all.

They actually have talked about it at conventions.   Not just as wishful thinking.  With WS possibly getting picked up it may be more of a possibility.

Just now, Casseiopeia said:

They actually have talked about it at conventions.   Not just as wishful thinking.  With WS possibly getting picked up it may be more of a possibility.

I know but they didn't say it was their sure preference...we have no idea if they are pressing for that behind the scenes.  I sincerely doubt they are and I think there is zero chance of it anyway.   Regardless we will know soon what next season will entail.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jakes said:

I know but they didn't say it was their sure preference...we have no idea if they are pressing for that behind the scenes.  I sincerely doubt they are and I think there is zero chance of it anyway.   Regardless we will know soon what next season will entail.

We might find out at the Up Fronts this month.

25 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Maybe the last episode will have AUMichael and his army having crossed over to our world by the end of 22. They could come here either on the heels of our people or with our people chasing after them.

Yep.  I picture TFW returning to the signs of the Apocalypse here.

Exploding Kevin pretty much said AU Michael has the spell and that is the plan.  I assume the Even if I lose I win referred to that.  I lose this battle but I will win the war over there.

It will be far more dramatic to have Them return to see signs of devastation here.

(edited)

Just a thought but probably won't happen. 

We know Mary isn't supposed to want to leave the AU. What if she decides to stay even after Michael AU comes to our world. And what if Sam decides to stay with her to protect her while Cas expects Dean to go back with him. Maybe that's what sets off Dean. That he's the only Winchester going to say our world and he needs one hell of a power up. That could be the "stepping Up" thing. 

Or he intentionally leaves them behind to keep them safe over there while he, Cas and others come back to our world where AU Michael has already come through and face him in battle.

Edited by Res
Addition ideas
  • Love 1

Look at how many characters there are going to be in the next episode. And the promo pics are not even showing them all, there's still Rowena, Ketch, Charlie and Michael. I'm counting about a dozen of them, all in one place except Rowena. It's ridiculous, there are more good guys in this than the fucking Fellowship of the Ring.

Just how can this episode work with so many characters ? Probably by killing off a bunch of them.

2 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

Probably by killing off a bunch of them.

Well, it is war. Only thing is that Lucifer will probably still survive. :(

• Love 2

And the instagram picture of him in the suit (pant, pant) is just enigmatic enough to go in any disturbing direction.  

This is the one thing that continues to throw me.  I just can't come up with a good reason why Dean/Michael would be dressed this way.  Which brings us back to Dean/Death, but I don't know why or how Dean would become Death.  But I can't think of any other character from the past who would fit the bill, either.  I suppose it's possible that the suit is a red herring, and they only went with it because Jensen looks good in period clothing, but again, it makes no sense. 

I can make sense of our Michael, because he's the only archangel left with his full grace intact, but it's odd that they wouldn't have even mentioned his name at all yet.  When Cas said this week that Lucifer was the last hope they had, I wondered if that was the ah ha moment...to get us to remember that there is actually one more that had been forgotten.  But then I figured it was just a way to make TFW have to seek out Lucifer, and to bring him back into the story.  It's not that I really want to spoil the surprise, but I'd like this new character to actually make sense within our story.  With just two episodes left, that seems like a tall order.

• Love 4

I`m thinking whoever it is, it is gonna be a really random "twist" in the Finale, with no onscreen build-up till then. 

So far Dean hasn`t even met AU!Michael. I remember this quote from either Singer or Dabb how AU!Michael would "have no interest in Dean... at first". Well, we`re down to two more episodes and maybe, maybe the characters will meet next episode. There obviously can`t be a story there anymore due to lack of time.

I mean, I thought this blurb was bullshit anyway and nothing would come from it so I`m not surprised. But then the spoilers came out for Jensen playing a different character. And then qualifiers were put on that with "filling big shoes" and "Dean stepping up in a big way". Now those could still cover a wide array of things. Jensen could be complimentary of any one previous actor with the "big shoes" comment. 

Then there was "a loooong time in the making" and "character we haven`t seen in years". And Jared who keeps harping on basically a storyline he has been waiting for. Which I interpreted as a reversal of previous dynamics with Not!Sam and Dean appealing to him and now we would have Not!Dean and Sam trying to appeal to him. Michael would also fit the best with that scenario because it has backstory in Season 5 that was never paid off. 

With the last two qualifiers, only Michael and Death seem to fit. But nothing concrete has materialized. Michael hasn`t been discussed. We need archangels for all kinds of things: fighting AU!Michael and fixing our Heaven, to name the top items but so far, crickets on Cage!Michael. 

There is some church setting in the Finale that might point to Michael more than Death, what with Christian imagery. 

Castiel did say "only being on Earth who fits the criteria" when he was discussing getting grace from Lucifer. 

I do fear that there will be a moment in the Finale where Sam is in danger of being killed and because Dean can`t bear to watch again he says "yes". Who will he say "yes" to however? AU!Michael? Why would that guy even care, he has a vessel that is doing just fine? And even if he suddenly did because supposedly a Dean-vessel would give him power, handing over that power and screwing over two worlds in the process because Dean can`t watch Sam die? Would not be stepping up in any way, it would be horribly selfish and unheroic. 

If it`s cage!Michael, well, someone would have to mention him, spring him from the cage and we`d have to have a convo with Dean for that even to be feasible. Or conversely, a time travel where Prime!Michael walks free on Earth to accost him. All in what, maybe 10 minutes in the Finale?

Next episode is gonna be some running around in AU-world, We know that by the Finale Dean at least is back in our world and in period clothing. That makes little to no sense for anything right now. 

There is said to be an "impulsive decision" in the Finale, most likely Dean but maybe another. Well, even there you need a context for him to even make an impulsive decision. To get possessed in any way there needs to be character TO possess him.   

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I suppose it's possible that the suit is a red herring, and they only went with it because Jensen looks good in period clothing, but again, it makes no sense.

Is this style of vintage suit making comeback? Cuz Jensen (unlike Dean) can be very fashion-forward when he's of a mind to. :)

19 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Next episode is gonna be some running around in AU-world, We know that by the Finale Dean at least is back in our world and in period clothing. That makes little to no sense for anything right now. 

Hmmm, what if.... what if that isn't our world? What if the finale involves Jack bringing paradise to the AU and whatever/whoever Dean is helps facilitate that - and he's walking through his new domain there?

• Love 2

Luci, Jack, saving Mother, Gabe, AU, heaven being short on angels, etc.... all of it means nada to me.  But who or what or how Dean "steps up" has me hanging on with excitement.  More excitement than I've felt for ages.

Please don't let me down, show!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Castiel did say "only being on Earth who fits the criteria" when he was discussing getting grace from Lucifer. 

Yes, he was very specific about that, which leads me back to Michael.  And Michael does make the most sense in our story, and really is the only one who would need a vessel.  But didn't they hint that this wouldn't be just someone possessing Dean, it would actually be Dean as another character?

I think he might mean holding himself differently than Dean. That would probably be challenging if you had to think about your movements all the time. 

If it was stunt or action scenes, he has described them differently in the past. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hmmm, what if.... what if that isn't our world? What if the finale involves Jack bringing paradise to the AU and whatever/whoever Dean is helps facilitate that - and he's walking through his new domain there?

That would be very interesting but the pictures that we saw with him in period clothing had him walking a very regular street. Kinda with a classic vibe too but the clothes people were wearing were normal. Nowadays normal I mean.

• Love 1

I KNEW IT!

1 minute ago, belbar said:

I agree that they think of themself of so smart and cool, but come on they can't be so oblivious. Internet is full of references about Michael Dean and Death as possible options. They have to be aware.

But if they only pay attention to what's tweeted at them, they may not get that feedback.

So...this sounds like more shock value stuff like DemonDean. Like they have no plan for it. Sigh

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But if they only pay attention to what's tweeted at them, they may not get that feedback.

I have no idea how they work about it, but seem to have people dedicated to it. In the rankings they seem to follow facebook, twitter and Instagram, which seems to be the strongest one for them. Instagram is full of it. It's crazy.  Hard to ignore.

Just now, belbar said:

I have no idea how they work about it, but seem to have people dedicated to it. In the rankings they seem to follow facebook, twitter and Instagram, which seems to be the strongest one for them. Instagram is full of it. It's crazy.  Hard to ignore.

They follow the Nielsen SM ratings for sure. Eric Kripke used to read TWOP but I don't know if Dabb/Singer et al have people reading the comments on FB and Instagram. I'm not saying you're wrong.

Just now, catrox14 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I know. And maybe you're right too and they have no idea of what's going on. It's just kinda hard to imagine someone so out of everything. I know we have said before that they are tonedeaf to fans but that would be a little too far even for them. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

vessel.  But didn't they hint that this wouldn't be just someone possessing Dean, it would actually be Dean as another character?

Isn't being possessed playing another character? Like meg!Sam or Samifer or Casifer?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, belbar said:

That would be very interesting but the pictures that we saw with him in period clothing had him walking a very regular street. Kinda with a classic vibe too but the clothes people were wearing were normal. Nowadays normal I mean.

It was really more just wild spec on my part - but if it were the AU made 'paradise' by Jack, maybe they would be dressed like our world (aka, what they would've been if not for their apocalypse) and whatever Jensen is just likes his fancy duds. :)

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It was really more just wild spec on my part - but if it were the AU made 'paradise' by Jack, maybe they would be dressed like our world (aka, what they would've been if not for their apocalypse) and whatever Jensen is just likes his fancy duds. :)

I'm still legitimately concerned it's a young Crowley. I don't know how I will feel about that unless it's a flashback and not a redux. It will just be wrong on so many levels and I don't know why Jensen would do it unless maybe Mark Sheppard gave his approval to Jensen doing it. But then Crowley was just seen last season...so that doesn't make sense either.

Maybe it is Alistair. Maybe Alistair likes fancy duds.

36 minutes ago, belbar said:

I know. And maybe you're right too and they have no idea of what's going on. It's just kinda hard to imagine someone so out of everything. I know we have said before that they are tonedeaf to fans but that would be a little too far even for them. That's all I'm saying.

I think they block out anything that isn't the smoke being blown up their skirts by fawning fans who refuse to say anything remotely negative. I am not talking crazy/nasty/mean/OTT tweets, but actual honest feedback. Unfortunately, most of the really great comments I read have no @ or # and sadly, that means they are preaching to the choir (their followers) or shouting into the void. What gets reflected in the writing/showrunning only affirms my opinion, for me.

I am also disappointed to know Rich is directing more. I wonder who he will rip off try to emulate and fail pay homage to next time?

I am keeping the faith that Jensen is excited and sharing it. He's been burned once already, so I don't think he'd do this if he didn't have some assurances of a good storyline. JIB is next weekend right? Maybe the apple juice will loosen some tongues. :)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I'm still legitimately concerned it's a young Crowley. I don't know how I will feel about that unless it's a flashback and not a redux. It will just be wrong on so many levels and I don't know why Jensen would do it unless maybe Mark Sheppard gave his approval to Jensen doing it. But then Crowley was just seen last season...so that doesn't make sense either.

Maybe it is Alistair. Maybe Alistair likes fancy duds.

But Alistair was a torturer, not a warrior. I don't see any upside to having him in the fight - and I'm hanging my hat on Dean 'stepping up'.

IMO there are only a few characters from the past that fit the bill, using 'a long time' as a very loose guideline. Michael and Death lead the bill. Becoming a demon just doesn't make sense to me - I think Dean would let the world burn before willingly becoming a demon again. So Alistair, Lilith, Meg are all out for me. Other angels? Balthazar? Maybe Fate?

Right now, my money is on Death.

• Love 1
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Right now, my money is on Death.

I get what you mean about being a demon like Alistair or Meg or others. I could see him letting a resurrected Cain possess him if it allowed him to not be killed and wield the First Blade again as a way of killing Lucifer or AU Michael.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Isn't being possessed playing another character? Like meg!Sam or Samifer or Casifer?

I don't know.  I could swear I remember reading somewhere where they specifically said, "not a possession", but it could have been just an acid flashback.  

Jensen's comments above about "having to endure" something make me think it was more than just walking/talking a different way.  When I think of endurance, I think of what he went through to film his Hell scenes...all wired up and hanging by hooks.  Now I'm intrigued as to just what the hell they're going to do.  And my guess is we'll get a 2 second glimpse of what it is as the teaser for next season, so we can stew on this for a few more months.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am keeping the faith that Jensen is excited and sharing it. He's been burned once already, so I don't think he'd do this if he didn't have some assurances of a good storyline. JIB is next weekend right? Maybe the apple juice will loosen some tongues. :)

Well Jensen today seemed to be proud of what they did in the last episodes, but at the same time he said that right now the writers are trying to figure out how the hell they're going to deal with it next season (where they're heading with it or something like that). Apparently by June they'd already have a certain idea. As reassuring as usual.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think they block out anything that isn't the smoke being blown up their skirts by fawning fans who refuse to say anything remotely negative.

Yeah that could be the case too. Echo chambers are terrible though.

And yeah, count me in for the happy club about Speight directing again next season. So much talent, so compressed must be dangerous.

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

Jensen's comments above about "having to endure" something make me think it was more than just walking/talking a different way.  When I think of endurance, I think of what he went through to film his Hell scenes...

He also said it was an endurance test to play two people in The End. Hmmmmm. But that doesn't fit with 'stepping up. To me that conjures an image of sacrifice of some kind. His autonomy? His humanity??!! Ack. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He also said it was an endurance test to play two people in The End. Hmmmmm. But that doesn't fit with 'stepping up. To me that conjures an image of sacrifice of some kind. His autonomy? His humanity??!! Ack. 

Remember that ADR tweet he sent where he was grunting and groaning. That is probably part of it.

I wonder if whatever happens to Dean is a long process vs a quick transformation. 

Here's an off the wall spec. What if Rowena tries to mutate Dean into Fergus? Killed by a red haired witch really means changed into something else. vs possession. Or maybe he offers himself to be mutated in some way in exchange for something Rowena can do for them.

Edited by catrox14
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Because I think that Dabb/Singer think they are being oh so clever with  TA DA. They'll think it's a surprise because IMO they are Sam/Lucifer centric so they presume all of the audience is also Sam/Lucifer centric.

It was a surprise I think until i started spec'ing it. Everyone said no f'ing way and suddenly it is the most obvious thing ... unless one doesn't see the evidence whigh draws directly on the connection between Dean and Mary's storylines, his psychology, his, tragic flaw, his repeated m.o. beautifully staged for us in AT in case we had not noticed in previously lol..., and just loads of contextual and subtextual set-up over 2 seasons.

But whatever.

Regarding Crowley also my wild spec and on my because Crowkey has always wanted to get in Dean"s pants lol... one presumes he used his meatsuit for the spell and the denon is over there somewhere (I hope).  The meatsuit was dead so  he must of  had it resurrected for the spell saving himself.  Then he smoked into it afterwards  He really would not need Dean.

Crowley in Dean does not fly and Crowkey is stylish and wears black. Natch.

Okay, endure does sound like something physically straining. Like being suspended on the meat hooks in Season 3. And if it was for two days of shooting, it obviously translates into more than just a second or two of screentime. 

Maybe, just maybe the next episode will give SOME kind of inkling. Though I still don`t count on it. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

It was a surprise I think until i started spec'ing it. Everyone said no f'ing way and suddenly it is the most obvious thing ... unless one doesn't see the evidence whigh draws directly on the connection between Dean and Mary's storylines, his psychology, his, tragic flaw, his repeated m.o. beautifully staged for us in AT in case we had not noticed in previously lol..., and just loads of contextual and subtextual set-up over 2 seasons.

But whatever.

Whatever what?  I'm not following your throughline from my comment. Can you clarify? There have been plenty of people here with the same spec. I'm not following your point here.

1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Okay, endure does sound like something physically straining. Like being suspended on the meat hooks in Season 3. And if it was for two days of shooting, it obviously translates into more than just a second or two of screentime. 

Maybe, just maybe the next episode will give SOME kind of inkling. Though I still don`t count on it. 

I wonder if there is going to be something to do with that angel bullet and the cure from Ketch. I can't believe he did that out of the goodness of his heart.

And remember back to s12 with the doppelgangers in BMOL lair? And Hess talking about opening a portal. I think they have been crossing over for some time.

Edited by catrox14
18 hours ago, Res said:

Just a thought but probably won't happen. 

We know Mary isn't supposed to want to leave the AU. What if she decides to stay even after Michael AU comes to our world. And what if Sam decides to stay with her to protect her while Cas expects Dean to go back with him. Maybe that's what sets off Dean. That he's the only Winchester going to say our world and he needs one hell of a power up. That could be the "stepping Up" thing. 

Or he intentionally leaves them behind to keep them safe over there while he, Cas and others come back to our world where AU Michael has already come through and face him in battle.

That fits with the reoccurring theme of him going off to hunt with the others or sending them home while he takes care of things. This has happened several times this year.

4 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Crowley in Dean does not fly and Crowkey is stylish and wears black. Natch.

We don't know what  young Crowley/Fergus would have worn. We only know what he wore in the present. And if you think that character's clothing isn't stylish for it's time,  I'm not sure what would be.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Whatever what?  I'm not following your throughline from my comment. Can you clarify? There have been plenty of people here with the same spec. I'm not following your point here.

I wonder if there is going to be something to do with that angel bullet and the cure from Ketch. I can't believe he did that out of the goodness of his heart.

And remember back to s12 with the doppelgangers in BMOL lair? And Hess talking about opening a portal. I think they have been crossing over for some time.

I started saying it way before any one else... no worries. I never really expected any high fives. I have my peeps on another site for that and any one that knows me from imbd knows I have been saying it since season 12.

I actually tbink the bullet poison may still be affecting him which is,why Death said see you later Dean.  Maybe also why Dean was so off.  He may be slow no dying... could be part of why he ends up goingto Dean!Michael.  He needs his own resurrection which Billie facilitates because she knows that the world needs him to save it.

Totally gonna be Dean!Michael.

7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

We don't know what  young Crowley/Fergus would have worn. We only know what he wore in the present. And if you think that character's clothing isn't stylish for it's time,  I'm not sure what would be.

Watch Highlander perhaps.

19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Remember that ADR tweet he sent where he was grunting and groaning. That is probably part of it.

I wonder if whatever happens to Dean is a long process vs a quick transformation. 

Here's an off the wall spec. What if Rowena tries to mutate Dean into Fergus? Killed by a red haired witch really means changed into something else. vs possession. Or maybe he offers himself to be mutated in some way in exchange for something Rowena can do for them.

Dying from the slow mo bullet poison?

Edited by Castiels Cat

I would think that if Dean's injury in the AU was going to play a role in what happens at the end of this season, they'd have made some small references to it since then.  I don't know that he's even told anyone about it.  He definitely hasn't mentioned it on screen.  I'll be disappointed if that's part of this mystery role he's playing.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Different between portal. And interdimensional rift.. travel from London office to US did not rewuire the same ingredients.

Ketch seemed sincere. Lots of real redemption going around this season.  Tbis includes Rowena who actually was taken tbrough all of the stages of grief in her very special episode and gave every sign of being a loyal,team player this week. She has been fully redeemed and will not be doing anything to Dean to turn him into Fergus.

I absolutely want Crowley back.  Rowena is trying to get TFW back.

(edited)

I would think that if Dean's injury in the AU was going to play a role in what happens at the end of this season, they'd have made some small references to it since then.  I don't know that he's even told anyone about it.  He definitely hasn't mentioned it on screen.

Well, if it comes up, you will know by the previouslies of the Finale. Any kind of "curious" callbacks in those and you have pretty much confirmation for what will be in the episode. 

At best you will get Michael in the previouslies for next episode and Rowena will end up freeing him to open the rift and help.  

I checked the spoiler sheet tumblr again and that doesn`t have Christian Keyes aka AU!Michael down for the next episode, only the Finale. So goodness gracious, still no Michael and Dean meeting? Harumph.

Spoiler tumblr also has Matt Cohen down as a possible for the Finale. Which would make kinda sense. Lucifer randomely came back from the cage as Pellegrino so if they couldn`t or didn`t get Jake Abel then Matt Cohen for cage!Michael makes just as much (or as little) sense.  

Edited by Aeryn13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I would think that if Dean's injury in the AU was going to play a role in what happens at the end of this season, they'd have made some small references to it since then.  I don't know that he's even told anyone about it.  He definitely hasn't mentioned it on screen.  I'll be disappointed if that's part of this mystery role he's playing.

He was off throughout This week's episode. Dragging.  Not hunting like he usually does. Just standing there looking drained.  This guy normalky can take out a nest practically by himself.  He lives to decapitate.

Initially I thought okay depression can do that but then I remembered... oh yeah the slow up poison theory...

Apocalypse PTSD?...

Something is wromg.

Edited by Castiels Cat

Crowley possessed a literary agent from New York which likely why Crowley continued dressing as he did. There is plenty of room for a younger version of Crowley/Fergus who dresses as shown in the BTS pics.

Also, in that pic, Jensen/Dean doesn't seem to actually be noticed by the people he is amidst so he's likely out of time and invisible so his clothing would be stylish from the time from whence he came. He's an anachronism to an extent but only if he's visible to those people.  So to me the wardrobe doesn't eliminate Crowley and seems more likely than Michael.

Maybe Dean has always just wanted to dress that way for reasons...LOL.