Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Funny enough I watched an old con video last night where Jensen talked about how Kim Manners blocked off the set so that it was just Jensen and Jared in the room when Dean was talking to dead Sam.  Jensen said he and Kim knew it was going to be a very difficult scene to perform so they didn't want 10 or 12 crew members standing around staring at him.  Maybe it is going to be a very difficult emotional scene and that is why it was blocked off.

I'm awful I know, but I would LMAO if it was John/JDM in a cameo and he's just a guy working at the gas station. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Funny enough I watched an old con video last night where Jensen talked about how Kim Manners blocked off the set so that it was just Jensen and Jared in the room when Dean was talking to dead Sam.  Jensen said he and Kim knew it was going to be a very difficult scene to perform so they didn't want 10 or 12 crew members standing around staring at him.  Maybe it is going to be a very difficult emotional scene and that is why it was blocked off.

That was the reason I suggested above that it was blocked off just to give the actors privacy during an emotional scene - not to keep something significant secret. 

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

OL if the one in a billion happened (I think it’s even less likely than that tbh) and Destiel kissed I think they’d get the scene to themselves.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was referring to the "I love you" part of that spoiler.

A kiss could be could be a peck on the cheek and not a kiss on the mouth or a even a romantic kiss. It could be a kiss on one's forehead before they die and Sam being there for both situations would be apt. Especially if they are going into battle or Dean has decided to say yes to Michael and has to tell both Cas and Sam. 

1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

That was the reason I suggested above that it was blocked off just to give the actors privacy during an emotional scene - not to keep something significant secret. 

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.  But that would be my guess as well.

16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was referring to the "I love you" part of that spoiler.

A kiss could be could be a peck on the cheek and not a kiss on the mouth or a even a romantic kiss. It could be a kiss on one's forehead before they die and Sam being there for both situations would be apt. Especially if they are going into battle or Dean has decided to say yes to Michael and has to tell both Cas and Sam. 

That sounds even less IC to me tbh. Have we ever seen Dean give Sam or Cas a kiss on the forehead before a life or death situation? It doesn’t sound very Dean like to me tbh? 

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That sounds even less IC to me tbh. Have we ever seen Dean give Sam or Cas a kiss on the forehead before a life or death situation? It doesn’t sound very Dean like to me tbh? 

That doesn't mean he wouldn't now. Cas never told anyone he loved them until he did. Dean never put a gun in teenager's face before. Dean never had the kind of depression and grief he had until this season. Sam never really gave up before and now he kind of has. Sam never seemed as lost as he is.*

I'm saying that if this a scene wherein someone dies, like a dying in the arms kind of thing...a kiss on the forehead goodbye might be in order. It could be Dean kissing Cas goodbye or Cas kissing Dean goodbye. It could be Dean kissing Cas and Sam goodbye or vice versa.  I just think it's funny that there are so many other stupid, OOC things that this show has Dean, Sam and Cas do but Dean planting a goodbye kiss on someone would be OOC? Eh, I don't think it would be.

*see also: Character progression

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That doesn't mean he wouldn't now. Cas never told anyone he loved them until he did. Dean never put a gun in teenager's face before. Dean never had the kind of depression and grief he had until this season. Sam never really gave up before and now he kind of has. Sam never seemed as lost as he is.*

I'm saying that if this a scene wherein someone dies, like a dying in the arms kind of thing...a kiss on the forehead goodbye might be in order. It could be Dean kissing Cas goodbye or Cas kissing Dean goodbye. It could be Dean kissing Cas and Sam goodbye or vice versa.  I just think it's funny that there are so many other stupid, OOC things that this show has Dean, Sam and Cas do but Dean planting a goodbye kiss on someone would be OOC? Eh, I don't think it would be.

I still think it wouldn't be very 'Dean' to do so, but putting aside my personal thoughts I also don't think Ackles and/or Jared would allow such a scene to go ahead. They've told us they've demanded rewrites of Cas and Dean scenes in the past and IMO if such a scene were written it would be another scene they'd demand a rewrite of.

Also, to be clear, I'm not posting this to try and start the debate of whether Ackles and Jared were right to change past scenes or not (personally I agree with some of the changes). I'm simply stating they've been known to demand changes in the past (that's an objective fact from them themselves) and IMO if a scene was written involving Cas or Dean kissing the other on the cheek or forehead it would would lead to them (rightly or wrongly) once more demanding a rewrite. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scribe95 said:

If Dean is planning to say yes to Michael its possible its a heavy emotional good bye scene

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Also, to be clear, I'm not posting this to try and start the debate of whether Ackles and Jared were right to change past scenes or not (personally I agree with some of the changes). I'm simply stating they've been known to demand changes in the past (that's an objective fact from them themselves) and IMO if a scene was written involving Cas or Dean kissing the other on the cheek or forehead it would would lead to them (rightly or wrongly) once more demanding a rewrite. 

And they've only done that when they as the actors felt something was off. And you are wildly overstating "demanding a rewrite". They respectfully disagreed with some things and made changes. It's so funny how you keep trying to make them, and Jensen specifically into this horrible divas.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And they've only done that when they as the actors felt something was off. And you are wildly overstating "demanding a rewrite". They respectfully disagreed with some things and made changes. It's so funny how you keep trying to make them, and Jensen specifically into this horrible divas.  

And IMO, based on the stuff they've demanded a rewrite for in the past, a kiss on the cheek and forehead between Dean and Cas would be another thing they'd deem 'off' and demand a rewrite for. I think we'll have to agree to disagree until if/when such a scenario occurs and one of us is proven right and the other wrong lol. 

6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree until if/when such a scenario occurs and one of us is proven right and the other wrong lol. 

Okay this wasn't the point at all. I didn't say you were wrong. 

If it's explained to them why it had to be a certain way or what the point of it was, then they would do it. That's what happened with Fan Fiction. Jensen didn't understand what it was all about and what they were doing and had reservations.  He talked to them, and in the end was okay with it as it stood. I think he even said he shouldn't have even questioned it. So I don't think they do it that often or  "demand" anything.

In the end, even if there is no "I love you" or kiss we'll only know it was changed if the actors and showrunners opt to talk about it being changed. So at this point, I'm not going to assume J2M would squash it because of past situations.  But that's just me

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Okay this wasn't the point at all. I didn't say you were wrong. 

If it's explained to them why it had to be a certain way or what the point of it was, then they would do it. That's what happened with Fan Fiction. Jensen didn't understand what it was all about and what they were doing and had reservations.  He talked to them, and in the end was okay with it as it stood. I think he even said he shouldn't have even questioned it. So I don't think they do it that often or  "demand" anything.

In the end, even if there is no "I love you" or kiss we'll only know it was changed if the actors and showrunners opt to talk about it being changed. So at this point, I'm not going to assume J2M would squash it because of past situations.  But that's just me

Sorry I worded myself badly. I actually agree with you with regard to the bit in bold. If a kiss or I love you happens on screen then I'm proven wrong there and then, if it was originally planned but changed I'd imagine we'll hear about it from J2M as we've heard about past instances, and if we don't hear anything like that then I'd assume it was never suggested in the first place :) 

(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Dean has had versions of this emotional state before but I would argue that this is the proverbial mother lode/ perfect storm expressions of it.

Needless to say I agree with everything you have said.  They have been showing us Dean poised on edge for two seasons especially this season.

As far as a closed set in my opinion Jensen needing to be in an emotional state is reason enough.  And even if Dean felt he had set up a failsafe like he did in Advanced Thanotology Dean would be expecting the failsafe to fail much like he did in Advanced Thanotology, more so after having a lecture on all of the ways he might die based on his choices.  Dean has always,expected to go out bloody and has always considered it a big win if he saved some lives by taking out a big bad with him. 

Dean knowing he was saying the final goodbye even if no one else did would be enough reason for Jensen to request a closed set.

Personally I would love Dean to kiss Cas anywhere...

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

It's the Clif's Notes Bad School of Writing. It minimizes both characters and it's terrible.

At this point it is canon that Sam has a stick up his ass and has the male equivalent of non-stop pms.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1

Didn't Dean already have an emotional and 'final' goodbye before going to Amara with the soul bomb? No closed set for that - in fact there were fan set-seeker photos of it.

My guess is hiding a guest star.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Didn't Dean already have an emotional and 'final' goodbye before going to Amara with the soul bomb? No closed set for that - in fact there were fan set-seeker photos of it.

Yeah this seems the most likely.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Andrew "copy and paste" Dabb.  It means nothing it if already happened before. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Andrew "copy and paste" Dabb.  It means nothing it if already happened before. 

You won't get an argument from me on that - just saying it wouldn't require a screened off set.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You won't get an argument from me on that - just saying it wouldn't require a screened off set.

It could be the nature of the dialogue.  In the Amara scene it was a couple of quick hugs. 

Or maybe its Dean explaining why he feels the need to say yes.  If he's talking about atoning and redemption, then I can see it getting very heavy. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Exactly.  Been there, done that.  Please do something else.  We know that Dean makes some sort of sacrifice and that he somehow takes on a new persona, but please make it interesting and not just a repeat of what we've already seen.  

As for kissing each other goodbye, that does seem a bit out of character for me.  I don't have an issue with it in general, but these guys have said their final goodbyes to one another countless times.  And fierce hugging was always on the agenda, but kissing, not so much.  

And in the infamous "I love you" scene, I believe it was both Jensen and Misha who felt it was over-the-top, not just Jensen.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

As for kissing each other goodbye, that does seem a bit out of character for me.  I don't have an issue with it in general, but these guys have said their final goodbyes to one another countless times.  And fierce hugging was always on the agenda, but kissing, not so much.

Yes, that’s the point I was originally making. Hugs are fine and IC, but kissing is ooc and not at all how they’ve responded before and I think the actors would point that out if a scene were ever written that way. 

On 4/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, Myrelle said:

I guess the big question for me is are they going to end AUMichael this season or carry him over into next season. I've always thought that they would end him in 23, but maybe not.

They may end the character before Ep. 23.  A friend of mine proposed an interesting idea:  we know that Luci and Jack meet.  Jack, being the naive, one-layer, gooey-centered profiterol that he is, gets swayed by Luci doing some sweet-talking and convincing Jack that he can best help his friends--and his sire--by helping Luci take down AU!Michael.  Lucifer can't take Michael on by himself but with Jack, he probably could.  This would eliminate what Lucifer sees as the greatest threat to him and would enable Luci to return to full power by taking Michael's grace.  

It could also give some greater depth to Jack by having him enjoy the power and go a bit darkside.  

Lucifer then would want to come back to our world--not much left of the AU world so ruling it wouldn't be all that much fun--with Luci Jr beside him, which in turn could be the catalyst for Dean's saying "Yes" to Our Michael.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

We’ve seen him give Charlie at least one if not two.  I totally see the kiss to the forehead/temple a Dean thing. When he did it to Charlie it was very natural.  

Having said that, his goodbye to them in front of Chuck, Rowena. And Crowley for the S11 finale didn’t involve a kiss, did it?   He thought that was ‘it’ for sure.  He was talking about his funeral details.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SueB said:

Having said that, his goodbye to them in front of Chuck, Rowena. And Crowley for the S11 finale didn’t involve a kiss, did it?   He thought that was ‘it’ for sure.  He was talking about his funeral details.  

He might not do that in front of Chuck, Rowena and Crowley. But in private with just him, Sam and Cas? I can see it.

• Love 1

I don`t think he would kiss any of the guys. It`s different with Charlie since he regarded her as a little sister so a kiss on the forehead fits with that dynamic. But not in a million years could I see him kissing Cas or Sam in that context. 

Now I doubt the scene was blocked because of Dean saying "yes" there. If it indeed is to our!Michael, do they carry him around in a pocket watch by then? And I don`t think he would say "yes" to AU!Michael because why would that guy even be interested in that? 

IMO to determine how Dean steps up and thus who the new character is that he is gonna be playing, we need some more context on who the real villain is gonna be. Lucifer is a joke right now, Jack is powerful but I doubt he`ll go bad or even be really manipulated by Daddy dearest into doing bad things. AU!Michael is also powerful. We haven`t seen yet how powerful Rowena is now but there isn`t an "uber-witch" character previously introduced to combat that and her. Colonel Sanders has some powers but is also a joke. Gabriel apparently has a "redemption story". 

Right now that leaves only AU!Michael as a real evil power player in my book. For Lucifer to get there, they would need some work. Granted, the plan to "beat the devil" could spectacularly backfire and make him more powerful than ever. At that point, he`d be on the board again. 

• Love 1

We have never seen any kissing among any of these guys - in 13 seasons, many times including death. To me it would be completely out of character and put in only to appease a section of fandom. And frankly, I would hope Jensen would speak up and not let his character be used like that. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This is supposedly the site were Purgatory was filmed.  Jensen did say that he gets to film with one of his favorite characters.

My theory that Dean goes to purgatory to access the back door to hell (that Sam conveniently left open) so he can get access to hell and say yes to our Michael.  One of the recurring characters could be Benny.

This would fit with those silhouetted pictures that looked like they took place in a mine shaft.  

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This is supposedly the sight were Purgatory was filmed.  Jensen did say that he gets to film with one of his favorite characters.

My theory that Dean goes to purgatory to access the back door to hell (that Sam conveniently left open) so he can get access to hell and say yes to our Michael.  One of the recurring characters could be Benny.

This would fit with those silhouetted pictures that looked like they took place in a mine shaft.  

That is an excellent theory. Maybe our Michael vs. AU Michael? 

My only concern about the whole Michael storyline is that in the show it is going to come out of nowhere and happen too fast. I mean we're at episode 17 and there has been nothing to even suggest that. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This is supposedly the site were Purgatory was filmed.  Jensen did say that he gets to film with one of his favorite characters.

And Benny is one of the characters that Jensen, himself, has often mentioned at cons as wanting brought back when asked that question; in addition to John, that is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

And I like your theory too, ILoveReading.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

And Benny is one of the characters that Jensen, himself, has often mentioned at cons as wanting brought back when asked that question; in addition to John, that is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

And I like your theory too, ILoveReading.

Buck/Lemming are writing this ep and they're the ones that wrote Taxi Driver.

As for the storyline coming out of nowhere, that's been the writing under Dabb since he took over, so for me, it's(sadly) an expected part/aspect now that just has to be factored in if one wants to continue watching the show.

• Love 2

That is an excellent theory. Maybe our Michael vs. AU Michael? 

My only concern about the whole Michael storyline is that in the show it is going to come out of nowhere and happen too fast. I mean we're at episode 17 and there has been nothing to even suggest that. 

Is it really 'coming out of nowhere'?  We've been on the Michael speculation since AU Michael showed up.  In the first half of the season, we saw Archangel grace powers opening up a rift.  They've been gearing up to get to "the last ingredient is Archangel grace".  Sure we've got Luci & Gabriel in place as possible sources but we've got AU Michael reminding us of the OTHER Michael's existence. 

Now the story to GET to Michael and get the grace will undoubtedly be rushed (if they go that direction) because they have to break into Hell and get the grace.  LOTS of plot there that could be stretched out to two episodes.  But we have had 3 episodes (including tonight is my guess) which featured/including getting one of the four ingredients.  

So, any path they take to get Archangel grace is an option IMO and doing it in one episode is consistent.  I think it's a bigger mission than one episode so I agree "happen too fast" is fair but it doesn't seem "out of nowhere" to me.  

Now I would PREFER the backdoor to Hell approach than Gabriel lose some grace, but I'd rather they leveraged Gabriel's presence than just have him there and not used.  

IF they simply get Gabriel out and use part of his grace, then Gabriel is still viable for rulling Heaven over Grossifer.  The Angels might follow him willingly.  Now Lucifer has had the jump on "recovery" from partial grace loss, but Gabriel will have TFW on his side.    

• Love 2

We have never seen any kissing among any of these guys - in 13 seasons, many times including death. To me it would be completely out of character and put in only to appease a section of fandom. And frankly, I would hope Jensen would speak up and not let his character be used like that. 

I'm in that dreaded, horrible, no good ,very bad segment of fandom as a Destiel shipper and want to understand how a non-romantic kiss on the forehead or cheek is Jensen or Misha, for that matter,   being used?

IMO, if they all agree that none of them can try and bring back the one who's dying or Cas has been on temporary loan and has to go back to the Empty as has been my spec, then yeah I definitely can see it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I'm in that dreaded, horrible, no good ,very bad segment of fandom as a Destiel shipper and want to understand how a non-romantic kiss on the forehead or cheek is Jensen or Misha, for that matter,   being used?

Do I count as a no good bad fan cause I’m a proud Cas / original!Male character shipper / wishee lol. 

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Oh this is interesting spec. It also would be a payoff of Scorpion and the Frog with the foreshadowing of Dean as "Someone who's been to Hell and back" beyond the silly use of his blood in a largely comedic and forgettable episode.

3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Do I count as a no good bad fan cause I’m a proud Cas / original!Male character shipper / wishee lol. 

It seemed pretty clear to me that @scribe95 was referring to Destiel shippers "as a certain segment of fandom" and it wasn't in a positive context given the "using Jensen" .  I'm talking only about Destiel shippers being looked at as the scourge of fandom. Since you do not ship Destiel, how would that apply to you?

Given where they are in the filming (already in the Apocalypse World driving a Jeep and meeting someone at an AU Gas-n-Sip), they probably are NOT filming going into Hell via Purgatory to get Michael to get the grace.  Maybe a different purpose but not to get to AU world.

OTOH, maybe 'Purgatory' has been repurposed fro AU world.

• Love 1
(edited)

THere’s what the spoiler sheet has on the remaining episodes.

Episode 13x17 

Title: The Thing

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:  TRUST NO ONE – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) continue to collect the pieces necessary to open a rift to the other world in order to save their family. Their latest quest leads them to a Men of Letters bunker from the 1920s and a hungry God from another dimension. Meanwhile, Ketch (guest star David Hayden-Jones) makes a shocking decision about Gabriel (guest star Richard Speight Jr.) after an unruly encounter with Asmodeus (guest star Jeffrey Vincent Parise). John Showalter directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1316). Original airdate 4/5/2018

Written by: Davy Perez

Director:  John Showalter

Filming Dates: January 30 -  February 8

Airdate: April 5

Promo

Photos

Castiel?  No.

Guest stars: David Haydn Jones (Ketch), RIchard Speight Jr. (Gabriel), Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Asmodeus), Tiffany Smith (Ophelia), Ivan Wanis-Ruiz (Marco) Carl Montoya (Head Cultist), Magda Apanowicz (Sandy)

Other Spoilers/info (newest to oldest):

Source for David

My episode 13x17 tag.

Episode 13x18

Title: Bring ‘Em Back Alive

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:  DANNEEL ACKLES AND RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. RETURN – Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) rules over heaven but things aren’t going exactly as planned, exasperating his first lady, Jo (guest star Danneel Ackles). Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) are perplexed by the return of Gabriel (guest star Richard Speight Jr.). Meanwhile, Dean (Jensen Ackles) gets one step closer to finding Mary and Jack. Amyn Kenderali directed the episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1318). Original airdate 4/12/2018.

Written by: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming

Director:  Amyn Kaderaldi

Filming Dates: February 9 - February 21  (no filming Monday 2/12 for Family Day (Canada))

Airdate: April 12

Castiel?  Yes.

Guest stars:  Alexander Calvert (Jack), Mark Pelegrino (Lucifer), Danneel Ackles (Jo/Anael) David Haydn Jones (Ketch), Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Asmodeus),  Richard Speight Jr, (Gabriel),  Samantha Smith (Mary), Tim Beckman (Father Davis), Troy Rudolf (Angel Squad Leader)

Gabe being in the episode is a GUESS, but it seems logical given the rest of the cast. - Now confirmed!

Dean and Ketch go on another hunt/mission together. David said at Vegas con that he filmed some of his favorite things of the series in the woods with Jensen.

It also looks like Danneel and Mark filmed scenes in Heaven’s throne room

Scenes were shot with Lucifer looking lonely on the streets again

My episode 13x18 tag.

Episode 13x19 

Title: Funeralia

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:  ANGELS, WITCHES AND REAPERS, OH MY – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) must stop Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell), who is on a deadly mission. Meanwhile, Castiel (Misha Collins) looks to heaven to recruit angels for an impending invasion but is shocked by not only what he finds, but who. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode written by Steve Yockey (#1319). Original airdate 4/19/2018.

Written by: Steve Yockey

Director:  Nina Lopez-Corrado

Filming Dates: February 22 - March 5

Airdate: April 19

Castiel?  Yes.

Guest stars: Ruth Connell (Rowena), Amanda Tapping (Naomi)

Amanda was photographed on set with Nina, in what looks like her Naomi costume… (x)

Shooting was done on location at an art gallery

Las Vegas Convention occurred during filming.

My episode 13x19 tag.

Episode 13x20 

Title: Unfinished Business

Written by: Meredith Glynn

Director:  Richard Speight Jr.

Filming Dates: March 6 - March 15

Airdate: April 26

Castiel?  Probably.

Guest stars: Richard Speight Jr. (Gabriel), Alexandr Calvert (Jack), Samantha Smith (Mary), Danneel Ackles (Jo/Anael), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer).

Richard was spotted filming with injuries on his face. (x)

Danneel was in vancouver during shooting 

Mary and Jack share scenes at a “camp” of some sort.

My episode 13x20 tag.

Episode 13x21  

Title: Beat the Devil

Written by: Robert Berens

Director:  Phil Sgriccia

Filming Dates: March 16 - March 27 

Airdate: May 3

Castiel?  Yes.

Guest stars: Ruth Connell (Rowena),  Alexander Calvert (Jack), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer), Richard Speight Jr. (Gabriel), Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester),  Richard Speight Jr. (Gabriel).

Samantha Smith posted from Vancover during filming

Ruth, Misha, Mark, Rich and J2 all filmed on the same day (Friday the 23rd)

Jack and Lucifer with meet this episode.

Richard canceled his friday appearance at SeaCon due to filming, likewise Mark could not appear at Paley due to filming. Ruth livestreamed from Vancouver.

Confirmation on Bobo: (x)

PaleyFest Panel to occurred durring filming.

Seattle Convention to occur during filming.

My episode 13x21 tag.

Episode 13x22  (Currently Filming)

Title: Apocalypse Now

Written by: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Lemming

Director:  Thomas Wright

Filming Dates: March 28 - April 9 (No filming March 30, Good Friday)

Airdate: May 10

Castiel?  Yes.

Guest stars: Alexander Calvert (Jack), Mark Pelegrino (Lucifer), Samantha Smith (Mary), Jim Beaver (AU Bobby)

Jared may have filmed wearing some fatuiges and dovered in dirt?

Jensen, Jared and Misha filled at the apcalypse gas n sip in the rain at night, curtains were up so that fans couldn’t see much

Filming was done at an apocalyptic Gas and Sip

Jack and Lucifer will spend a signifigant amount of time together this episode.

My episode 13x22 tag.

Episode 13x23

Title: Let The Good Times Roll

Written by: Andrew Dabb

Director:  Robert Singer

Filming Dates: April 10 - April 19/20. 

Airdate: May 17

Castiel?  Probably.

Guest stars:

Nashville Convention to occur during filming.

Montreal Convention to occur during filming.

My episode 13x23 tag.

My only nitpick is I’m not sure why she has Cas down as a probably for episode 20 since they’ve already filmed it and there were no Misha sighting. Plus he’s in 18-19 and 21-22.

I am hoping he isn’t since Glynn’s my least favourite Cas writer! 

Edited by Wayward Son
15 minutes ago, SueB said:

Now I would PREFER the backdoor to Hell approach than Gabriel lose some grace, but I'd rather they leveraged Gabriel's presence than just have him there and not used.  

Isn't Asmodeus going to use Gabriel as his hitman to kill Lucifer? Isn't that why they had the big reveal of "only an archangel can wield the archangel blade". I thought that was the entire reason Asmodeus brought in Gabriel.

He's on lockdown and I'm guessing that Ketch tells the boys about Gabriel and they decide to try and break into Crowley's lair (yes it's still Crowley's lair) to break out Gabriel. But he'll have a different mission which is to act as Asmodeus' hit man.

I'm thinking maybe they actually are successful at that or Asmodeus lets him go and he's in the bunker with Dean and Sam and that's who is sneaking around putting the notes on Sam's back assuming he still has his mouth shown shut when the get him or he leaves. 

I'm more on the Michael!Dean train than I was before so to me Dean going through Purgatory to get to Hell is possible and at the same time unnecessary because Dean knows the other backdoor into Hell from s11 when he went back where Billie was.  At this point, I wonder if Billie gets involved to help Dean. 

SWERVE: Maybe Dean becomes Death for a time in order to kill AU Michael and Lucifer and he never gets possessed at all. Billie might be okay with it to keep the House of Cards from falling. As Death, he would have the power to kill anyone.

56 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

SWERVE: Maybe Dean becomes Death for a time in order to kill AU Michael and Lucifer and he never gets possessed at all. Billie might be okay with it to keep the House of Cards from falling. As Death, he would have the power to kill anyone.

But if Dean-as-Death could kill Michael, why couldn't Billie?

Jim B tweeted on the weekend about being back in Purgatory forest - but maybe he just meant the same location they used, but it's serving a different purpose in the AU. They already had some scenes in the woods when Jack killed New!Zach, right?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Given where they are in the filming (already in the Apocalypse World driving a Jeep and meeting someone at an AU Gas-n-Sip), they probably are NOT filming going into Hell via Purgatory to get Michael to get the grace.  Maybe a different purpose but not to get to AU world.

OTOH, maybe 'Purgatory' has been repurposed fro AU world.

They do film out of order.  So its possible that whatever happens to Sam in ep 21 causes Dean to decide to say yes.  They decide to take out Michael while they are in the AU world to prevent him from coming to their world.  The only way to make that happen is Our World Michael. 

Its plausible the first half of the ep is him going to hell and the back half of the ep is apocalypse world. 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

it really 'coming out of nowhere'?  We've been on the Michael speculation since AU Michael showed up.  In the first half of the season, we saw Archangel grace powers opening up a rift.  They've been gearing up to get to "the last ingredient is Archangel grace".  Sure we've got Luci & Gabriel in place as possible sources but we've got AU Michael reminding us of the OTHER Michael's existence. 

For me it is coming out of now where because in s11 the show went out of its way to make sure Michael wasn't an option.  They told us multiple times he was useless.   The introduction of Michael's sphere basically went no where and was mostly just an excuse for Sam to kill a yellow eyed demon.  Dabb said that AU Michael wouldn't be interested in Dean and then said at first.  There is no time left for set up a story for Michael to be disinterested in Dean and then suddenly become intrigued. 

If it is Michael, Jensen is playing, what reason are they going to use that Dean decides its their only resort?  As a fan, I;ve been wanting to see Jensen play Michael for a long time, so I really don't care why he says yes, but from a story telling perspective its going from the introduction to the climax without the middle.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, if they all agree that none of them can try and bring back the one who's dying or Cas has been on temporary loan and has to go back to the Empty as has been my spec, then yeah I definitely can see it. 

I said nothing about the segment being bad. Nothing. I have nothing against shipping.

Even a non-romantic kiss will be trumpeted as making Destiel canon.  And the only purpose of that from the writers/showrunner would be to please Destiel shippers because it is completely out of character since nothing like that has ever happened before at various deaths/goodbyes. Hugging yes. Absolutely. Hug all day long. These guys are big huggers. But nary a same-sex kiss - even non romantic.

Edited by scribe95
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But if Dean-as-Death could kill Michael, why couldn't Billie?

Because Billie doesn't want the responsibility? That it's some bigger picture plan for Dean that Billie knows about? That Billie can't for...reasons...rules...be the one that kills him?

(edited)

Even a non-romantic kiss will be trumpeted as making Destiel canon.  And the only purpose of that from the writers/showrunner would be to please Destiel shippers because it is completely out of character since nothing like that has ever happened before at various deaths/goodbyes. Hugging yes. Absolutely. Hug all day long. These guys are big huggers. But nary a same-sex kiss - even non romantic.

I have a hard time reading the word 'using' in this context as anything but negative. If you didn't mean it that way, fair enough, my apologies.

What I don't quite understand is why it matters to non-shippers if shippers read subtext a certain or interpret a certain way, or even trumpet it? If the show doesn't say it's canon then it's not canon.

Yes, the boys are huggers. That doesn't mean they can't exhibit other behavior as they progress in life and circumstances change.  I realize this is just a difference of viewpoint. I don't think those spoilers are about SPN anyway yet I find it interesting to speculate on how it could be the case. 

5 minutes ago, Diane said:

LOL that is the definition of a tentacle.  I think tentacle porn is afoot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tentacle

In zoology, a tentacle is a flexible, mobile, elongated organ present in some species of animals, most of them invertebrates

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1