Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

This person asked Jared a question in their meet and greet. My money is on Sam's psychic powers which IMO comports with previous spoilers that Sam wondering if Dean would think he should die if he was bad. Or whatever that thing was Jared mentioned. I can't remember exactly what he said.

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

This person asked Jared a question in their meet and greet. My money is on Sam's psychic powers which IMO comports with previous spoilers that Sam wondering if Dean would think he should die if he was bad. Or whatever that thing was Jared mentioned. I can't remember exactly what he said.

Or AU Ruby?

I guess nobody asked Jensen about Dean?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Or AU Ruby?

I guess nobody asked Jensen about Dean?

Gods I hope there is no AU Ruby. Although it would be funny if it was Katie Cassidy and not Genuby. I reallllly disliked Genuby.

It was a meet and greet in that particular case. Maybe some Jensen M&G stuff will come out. I haven't seen any videos from the panels. And most of the tweets were

Pranks, gag reel stuf, who would they want to work with, favorite scenes from s11. I typically follow Fangasm tweets and didn't see anything about the upcoming season from either J.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2017 at 4:45 AM, ILoveReading said:
They outdid themselves with this one.   I can't wait to see Dean's reaction

Wow!  That western room looks fantastic!  I think Dean is going to be an excited kid when he sees it.  On a You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural note - I wish the place was real!  I wouldn't mind staying somewhere like that.  Lol.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Wow!  That western room looks fantastic!  I think Dean is going to be an excited kid when he sees it.  On a You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural note - I wish the place was real!  I wouldn't mind staying somewhere like that.  Lol.  

I was thinking the same thing!! What an elaborate set for a one-off episode. Forever in the Jerry Wanek fan club!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I was thinking the same thing!! What an elaborate set for a one-off episode. Forever in the Jerry Wanek fan club!

I thought of you when I saw the pics.  :)  I remember you (I think it was you - apologies if I have the wrong person!) lamenting the loss of wacky motel rooms with the prominence of the bunker in the show.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I thought of you when I saw the pics.  :)  I remember you (I think it was you - apologies if I have the wrong person!) lamenting the loss of wacky motel rooms with the prominence of the bunker in the show.  

Yes, I do lament the loss of the whacky motels rooms regularly. Mostly it comes down to that I just love that weird little slice of roadside Americana the show used to showcase. But, mostly, I love it when the set crew goes all out and gets a chance to be weirdly creative. I know it's wrong, but I kinda wish they'd never stopped doing those shrooms they were doing in S3. ;)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yes, I do lament the loss of the whacky motels rooms regularly. Mostly it comes down to that I just love that weird little slice of roadside Americana the show used to showcase. But, mostly, I love it when the set crew goes all out and gets a chance to be weirdly creative. I know it's wrong, but I kinda wish they'd never stopped doing those shrooms they were doing in S3. ;)

I loved all the hotel rooms, loved the different room dividers and the grittiness of it.  It was just fun to see what they would come up with.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Rich is directing, but I wonder if Rob is in the episode.

Did I read somewhere that Rob is in a new pilot on Amazon?

ETA: Wait...I think that was Rich. And, it wouldn't factor anyway because the show hasn't yet been picked up by Amazon as I believe it's one of three they put to viewers to pick from... . Hmmm? Doesn't necessarily mean Rob is working on Supernatural, but God making an appearance this season could be likely. Or, Chuck making an appearance in the AU is even more likely.

Edited by DittyDotDot

I'm see this for Rob in IMDB

WannabeZ (TV Series)
The Manager

- Pilot (2017) ... The Manager

And noted this description from Deadline from Sept 7. Maybe he's working on this already.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/carrie-preston-30-miles-from-nowhere-movie-1202163597/

Seana Kofoed wrote the script and co-stars along with Rob Benedict, Cathy Shim, Rusty Schwimmer, Robert Breuler, Marielle Scott, and Birgundi Baker. Kofoed is also producing with Kelly Demaret as filming is slated to begin this fall in Chicago.

Preston currently stars in the TNT drama Claws and also recurs on CBS All Access’ The Good Fight. Repped by Innovative and Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management, she also appears in the Netflix film To The Bone.

29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm guessing this is the storyline that must be coming back that Jared is excited for.  A repeat of the apocalypse storyline but this time having Michael focus on him rather than Lucifer. 

IDK I can't imagine anyone being excited about this storyline.  No matter who the focus is on.  My guess is that now that Lucifer has been tossed into Riftworld there will be an epic battle between Michael and Lucifer and Mary will save the day.

Looks like Alternate Michael already has his vessel, so he wouldn't need Sam or Dean.  If the 'worlds collide' as teased in the article, I just hope this it not used as an opportunity to 'redeem' Lucifer.  You know - Since Alt Michael rules Alt world and look what a wasteland that is, then maybe Lucifer helps stop Alt Michael from doing the same to the 'real' world.  

Now if the Winchesters find a way to defeat both Alt Michael and Lucifer again and save the day - without one of them going to the cage, I think that would be pretty cool.  

• Love 3

Seriously. Like I hated that Adam was Michael but JFC couldn't they have at least let Jake Abel play Michael in the AU or get Matt Cohen? They finally bring back a bit story for Michael and there is no Matt Cohen and no Jake Abel. I mean I know Matt works on GH but surely they could have worked something out. Yeah yeah actor availability but couldn't they have just had this be a temporary Michael vesslel. I mean the show wrote the most convoluted SL just to get Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer again ,but they can't do the same to get Matt Cohen or Jake?

Here's what I don't get. Isn't the whole point of an AU SL within an existing work, to be able to see already known faces in a different world and in different light, not to recast roles with completely new actors.That does not seem in keeping with the point of an AU in this situation regardless of vessels being the excuse to recast.

I'm really starting to wonder if the AU is going to be another spinoff or a way to keep SPN  going without the boys who do not exist in the AU once J2 call it a day.

Also, is he wearing a trenchcoat that looks like Cas'? Really?

My only hope is that when the two world's collide that somehow Jensen still gets to play Michael for a hot minute.

Fat fucking chance

48 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So it's official - Michael is back (and Jensen isn't playing him). Seriously, screw you show.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/12/supernatural-season-13-michael-return-first-look/

• Love 6

I'm not going into this season with any expectations, anticipation or excitement. That way my hopes and dreams are not dashed and trodden into the ground. 

My low bar is that Sam & Dean actually get to do something that makes sense at least once or twice this season. That's about all I'm hoping for 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously. Like I hated that Adam was Michael but JFC couldn't they have at least let Jake Abel play Michael in the AU or get Matt Cohen? They finally bring back a bit story for Michael and there is no Matt Cohen and no Jake Abel. I mean I know Matt works on GH but surely they could have worked something out. Yeah yeah actor availability but couldn't they have just had this be a temporary Michael vesslel. I mean the show wrote the most convoluted SL just to get Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer again ,but they can't do the same to get Matt Cohen or Jake?

Here's what I don't get. Isn't the whole point of an AU SL within an existing work, to be able to see already known faces in a different world and in different light, not to recast roles with completely new actors.That does not seem in keeping with the point of an AU in this situation regardless of vessels being the excuse to recast.

I don't remember exact details (and the transcripts aren't on SPN Wiki) but IIRC in the AU John Winchester either didn't exist or died before he married Mary/before the boys were born, so there would be no reason for either Jake Abel or Matt Cohen to be there, and no way "Dean Winchester" would have been Michael's vessel.  Sorry, because I would have liked to see an Alt!Dean again, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen there (unless they come up with a spectacular retcon.)  Hmm... they could have said that John didn't actually die but just became a vessel--but he still couldn't have children or they'd be nephilim.  :) 

• Love 2

If I was writing this series, I'd have different AU realms.  That would open up so many possibilities and not restrict writers to that desolate landscape where Sam and Dean don't exist.  Characters going through the rift are never 100% sure which world they'll encounter. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

If I was writing this series, I'd have different AU realms.  That would open up so many possibilities and not restrict writers to that desolate landscape where Sam and Dean don't exist.  Characters going through the rift are never 100% sure which world they'll encounter. 

That would be excellent! The boys could jump around AU worlds chasing after sproutifer or whoever the big bad is this season. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Diane said:

Thank goodness, I don't want Dean to be possessed by Michael.  I love Dean as Dean.  So happy to hear this news. 

If he was played by Jensen in the other universe, it wouldn't be 'our' Dean being possessed, and I for one would love to see Jensen get something meaty like this to play. He (and we/I) was robbed of it once already.

• Love 5
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

If he was played by Jensen in the other universe, it wouldn't be 'our' Dean being possessed, and I for one would love to see Jensen get something meaty like this to play. He (and we/I) was robbed of it once already.

Understand your point of view, but I do not believe he or we were robbed of anything, obviously YMMV.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't remember exact details (and the transcripts aren't on SPN Wiki) but IIRC in the AU John Winchester either didn't exist or died before he married Mary/before the boys were born, so there would be no reason for either Jake Abel or Matt Cohen to be there, and no way "Dean Winchester" would have been Michael's vessel.  Sorry, because I would have liked to see an Alt!Dean again, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen there (unless they come up with a spectacular retcon.)  Hmm... they could have said that John didn't actually die but just became a vessel--but he still couldn't have children or they'd be nephilim.  :) 

John did exist according to Bobby, so that at least makes a Matt Cohen Michael possible IMO.

From SuperWiki. They must have posted them recently.

BOBBY: Uh-huh. You say that like it's supposed to mean something to me, but...naw.

CASTIEL: Sam, this is Bobby, but it's not your B–

DEAN: Bobby, it's us. Sam and Dean Winchester.

BOBBY: The only Winchester I ever heard of was John.

SAM: Yeah. John Winchester, our father.

BOBBY: Doubt it. He's dead. Been dead over 40 years now. Only reason I know about him is this Hunter I ran with, Mary Campbell. You get a few pints of shine into her, and she always told the same story about the man she loved– John Winchester. Azazel killed her about 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, Diane said:

Understand your point of view, but I do not believe he or we were robbed of anything, obviously YMMV.

IMO, Gonzosgirrl was speaking only for those who wanted to see Jensen play Michael. She's not speaking for all fans or even all Jensen fans. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

John did exist according to Bobby, so that at least makes a Matt Cohen Michael possible IMO.

I would agree a John Winchester look a like is very possible. It doesn't even have to be a convulted plot, but a mirror of our world. The AU resurrected John to be his vessel just like our Michael resurrected Adam to be his. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Ah, thanks.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.  So Matt Cohen would be possible...except they're not using him, so I assume he wasn't available (at least, not for a continuing role). :(   

Hmmm...so John died over 40 years ago and apparently before he married Mary (or she wouldn't have still been a "Campbell" when Bobby knew her.)  That makes the timing about right if Azazel killed John and Mary never made the deal to save him but became superhunter instead.   

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I would agree a John Winchester look a like is very possible. It doesn't even have to be a convulted plot, but a mirror of our world. The AU resurrected John to be his vessel just like our Michael resurrected Adam to be his. 

Or maybe becoming/being possessed by Michael is what 'killed' him. "John Winchester" ceased to exist when he became Michael's meat suit. So many possibilities with that, but nope, not with these writers.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Or maybe becoming/being possessed by Michael is what 'killed' him. "John Winchester" ceased to exist when he became Michael's meat suit. So many possibilities with that, but nope, not with these writers.

Well, if the AU is following the same SPN timeline (and there's no guarantee they are) then Michael wouldn't have needed a vessel till much later, when the Apocalypse had already started, which wouldn't have been till Azazel found and released Lucifer.  OTOH, it seems they're going to validate Sam/Cas's insistence that the battle between Michael and Lucifer not take place, if this wasteland was the result.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I would agree a John Winchester look a like is very possible. It doesn't even have to be a convulted plot, but a mirror of piece world. The AU resurrected John to be his vessel just like our Michael resurrected Adam to be his. 

YES!! This is a great way to do it. They could have resurrected Adam too, for that matter because he is not the child of Mary and John, he's the child of John and someone else who could very well have lived in the AU.

IMO, the fun of an AU is putting the faces known in our world into the other world and maybe even give them a different name especially the central characters, like Dean, Sam, Cas, Crowley.  I would have been perfectly fine  with the character of Bobby in the AU not being named Bobby. For me that all fits for an AU within an existing SL. It screws with the viewers heads like putting Jensen and Jared in the AU playing doppelgangers of Dean and Sam, who might not even be named Dean and Sam would be a good mindscrew whereas recasting a character via the AU, IMO is not a fun twist for me.    I fully expect a recast Crowley in the AU and for me that might as well be a completely different show. JMHO. YMMV. 

5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Well, if the AU is following the same SPN timeline (and there's no guarantee they are) then Michael wouldn't have needed a vessel till much later, when the Apocalypse had already started, which wouldn't have been till Azazel found and released Lucifer.  OTOH, it seems they're going to validate Sam/Cas's insistence that the battle between Michael and Lucifer not take place, if this wasteland was the result.  

Ah, if they can retcon the convoluted BS (or just plain ignore the past) necessary to make Mark P Lucifer, they could've had Jensen, or Matt or even Jake play Michael. But this is my cue to bow out of S13 speculation, if not the show altogether, because it's just making me angry the more I hear about it. Bah.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Ah, thanks.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.  So Matt Cohen would be possible...except they're not using him, so I assume he wasn't available (at least, not for a continuing role). :(   

It really depends on how much AU!Michael will be featured. That's why I mentioned the convoluted way the show managed to keep Lucifer around well past his use by date via other vessels.  They could manage it for Mark P and Lucifer but thus far no one else. It can be done.

I'm hanging on a tiny hope that this version of Michael is temporary and eventually they can get Jake, Matt or give Jensen a chance at Michael before the season is over. I'm sure it's a false hope on my part.

To me this AU is starting to feel like Bloodlines 2.0.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ah, if they can retcon the convoluted BS (or just plain ignore the past) necessary to make Mark P Lucifer, they could've had Jensen, or Matt or even Jake play Michael. But this is my cue to bow out of S13 speculation, if not the show altogether, because it's just making me angry the more I hear about it. Bah.

NOOO don't go. We can go to the bitterness thread LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It really depends on how much AU!Michael will be featured. That's why I mentioned the convoluted way the show managed to keep Lucifer around well past his use by date via other vessels.  So, I'm hanging on a tiny hope that this version of Michael is temporary and eventually they can get Jake, Matt or give Jensen a chance at Michael before the season is over. I'm sure it's a false hope on my part.

To me this AU is starting to feel like Bloodlines 2.0.

Well, it shouldn't be Bloodlines because there will at least be some "real" SPN characters in there (even if it's only Mary, Lucifer and AU!Bobby).  But (and I should probably put this in Unpopular Opinions) I don't really care who plays the new Michael, because it won't be "our" Michael anyway, so it's a whole different character.  And with everything so convoluted anyway, the illogic they'd have to go through just to get Jake Abel or Matt Cohen isn't worth it to me.  But I'm not that big a fan of theirs, so I understand YMMV.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So it's official - Michael is back (and Jensen isn't playing him). Seriously, screw you show.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/12/supernatural-season-13-michael-return-first-look/

I don't understand how Jensen could be playing Alternate Michael. Dean doesn't exist in the Alternate, so whoever Micheal is in would have to be someone else.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously. Like I hated that Adam was Michael but JFC couldn't they have at least let Jake Abel play Michael in the AU or get Matt Cohen?

John is dead in the Alternate--which would also suggest Adam wasn't born either--so, just like Jensen playing Alternate Micheal, I don't understand how this could work.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Will it be meaty, though? I think it's gonna probably be like Lucifer was last season and everyone is going to be wishing they'd never gone there...personally, I think Jensen probably lucked out on this one.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

I don't understand how Jensen could be playing Alternate Michael. Dean doesn't exist in the Alternate, so whoever Micheal is in would have to be someone else.

John is dead in the Alternate--which would also suggest Adam wasn't born either--so, just like Jensen playing Alternate Micheal, I don't understand how this could work.

Will it be meaty, though? I think it's gonna probably be like Lucifer was last season and everyone is going to be wishing they'd never gone there...personally, I think Jensen probably lucked out on this one.

They've twisted and ignored enough canon for every other reason - they could've made this work (see other people's reasonings above). And people (or this person anyway) wished Lucifer gone because his story has been done (and done, and done, and done). Michael's, especially Michael as 'Ghengis Khan' is fresh.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I explained how it could be done in a subsequent post.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Within the multi-verses of Supernatural, if the "vessel" looked like Jensen, then he would have to be the progeny of Mary and John.  The only way Jensen can play the vessel of Michael is to have non-AU Michael come out of the cage OR to have the AU Michael hop from the current vessel to Dean.  I have three objections to that; 1) Dean wouldn't willingly say "yes" to our Michael, what would make him say "yes" to the other Michael, 2) I got the impression Jensen wouldn't want that story line (Jensen has said he likes playing shades of Dean, not Not!Dean), 3) AU!Michael... well, he's kinda easy on the eyes, so I'm not too fussed about him being on the screen.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

That notion (same face, different personality) is definitely the comic book and Star Trek mirror universe approach, but I can see that not being the point.  Personally, I think the point is precisely what @ahrtee said -- that letting the battle play out would have been a MASSIVE mistake. Because Michael was a dick.  WHICH may be precisely why God is letting him rot in the cage in our universe.  Think about it; Chuck said to Metatron how much he HATED people fighting wars in His name.  Lucifer was a racist asshole ('all humans are mud-monkey' theme) but he was at least kinda honest about it.  Michael CLAIMED to start the Apocalypse because he was a "good son", but instead Michael started the Apocalypse because he was tired of tending to God's humans.  I could see Chuck being pissed about that.  Even more relevant, I can see Sam and Dean ripping Michael and new one for doing that.  Michael is a hypocrite.  They HATE hypocrites.  

Now I don't think Lucifer is redeemable (see inherently racist asshole personality trait, along with a SERIOUS impulse control issue*), but I could see Lucifer letting Mary live in order to use her as bait to get the boy to reopen the tear.  Lucifer may very much want out and the boys are his only hope.  And they'd let him rot in the AU but he's got Mary.  So,  they are likely to attempt a rescue.  I also think this Lucifer may not be as powerful as AU Michael because of the Nick meatsuit.  Crowley concocted that thing.  I wouldn't be surprised if it has limitations.  Which makes AU Michael the Big Bad to Lucifer and likely NOT a friend of our universe either.  In fact, I'd bet money that AU Michael makes it back to our universe in the back half of S13.  And look, @gonzosgirrl, maybe they'll try a variation on the Swan Song bit.  I hope not, but I could see it happening.  

* please say that last phrase using Jim Carrey's voice as Joker, kthxbye

Edited by SueB
  • Love 5

I don't know--don't see the problem of Michael being a new actor.  Jensen is great without needing to be a meatsuit for an angel.   He's excellent every year.  And Michael the baddest archangel is just a good character...don't necessarily need the previous actors to make him work.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

tumblr_ow5cumOjpi1qcl3tuo1_400.jpg

I found this picture a fan took of a Dean/Cas hug while filming season 13 on the little tree hoppers tumblr!

Very cool--I hear we get both a Cas/Dean hug and a Cas/Sam hug in Cas's return.  Does it look like they are in the woods?

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

tumblr_ow5cumOjpi1qcl3tuo1_400.jpg

I found this picture a fan took of a Dean/Cas hug while filming season 13 on the little tree hoppers tumblr!

rBskDid.gif

I see no difference. look at Dean's arm placement. When Cas hugs him first, Dean's arms are lower around Cas' back so it looks to me like Dean initiated the s13 hug like he did Purgatory hug.  My heart.  

That hug better make it into the episode, dammit!

• Love 1

I want to see Jensen play Michael because I'd really like to see him get to stretch those acting muscles.  Jensen himself has said that he really likes to challenge himself.  He said it was why he liked Regarding Dean because he got to flex his range.  He's said multiple times he was disappointed about demon Dean being cut short.  I could see him being excited about the prospect of playing Michael. 

As for Dean being possessed.  Every major character has been possessed except Dean.  Dean wouldn't be Dean for an episode but that's not really a big deal.   After the possession we'd still have Dean the same way we had Cas and Sam. 

Not to mention, Dean as Michael would be something new.   So far this season all we've heard about Dean is that he'll put up walls because Cas is dead.  This is literally the exact same thing Dean had in s7.  I fully expect this "story" to wrap up in episode 3. 

As for the AU, its an AU.  Just because Michael looked like Jensen/Dean he doesn't necessary have to be John and Mary's son.  He could look like Dean for no other reason then Dean is supposed to be Michael's true vessel.

Not to mention, Jensen would rock it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SueB said:

(Jensen has said he likes playing shades of Dean, not Not!Dean

He may prefer it, or he might just be saying the diplomatic thing as well.  Jensen may not want to see Michael  possess Dean for story reasons, but a completely alternate version of Dean's doppelganger in the AU who might not even be Dean, could be possessed by Michael. 

Besides Jensen has played not!Dean 4 times in the show already, shifter!Dean twice, Leviathan!Dean,  Soul Eater!Dean, just last season, all of whom were completely different than Dean so he's not turning down those opportunities or squelching them. He  seemed to have a great time playing Leviathan!Dean based on the episode commentary. All of which leaves me disinclined to think  Jensen would turn up his nose at the oppotunity to play another Not!Dean or even Michael if he felt the SL was okay for Dean or an AU!Dean or a Doppelganger!Dean of some kind.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Michael CLAIMED to start the Apocalypse because he was a "good son", but instead Michael started the Apocalypse because he was tired of tending to God's humans.

I don't remember this. What episode was that mentioned in?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Within the multi-verses of Supernatural, if the "vessel" looked like Jensen, then he would have to be the progeny of Mary and John.

There is only one AU thus far unless other than French Mistake.  If the timelines are the same in the AU, John dying 40 years ago could be close to Dean's age now. They can fudge a year or so for an infant au!Dean but they would be harder pressed for an AU Sam Winchester.

2 hours ago, SueB said:

Even more relevant, I can see Sam and Dean ripping Michael and new one for doing that.  Michael is a hypocrite.  They HATE hypocrites.  

Maybe back in s1 or s2, hypocrisy might matter to them but in recent years Dean and Sam have both been hypocrites themselves and they have  worked with hypocrites. I'm not sure why that would be a thing for them to go after Michael about at this point of their lives.

• Love 1

To me, Micheal is just another dick angel, so I'm not sure what's so "meaty" about it for Jensen? It's been done to death on this show. I'd rather they give Jensen something to actually challenge him. Plus, I'm sure they'll drag it on too long and I'll be sick of it, so I'd rather be sick of it with some random actor playing him than with Jensen playing him.

2 hours ago, SueB said:

Within the multi-verses of Supernatural, if the "vessel" looked like Jensen, then he would have to be the progeny of Mary and John.  The only way Jensen can play the vessel of Michael is to have non-AU Michael come out of the cage OR to have the AU Michael hop from the current vessel to Dean.  I have three objections to that; 1) Dean wouldn't willingly say "yes" to our Michael, what would make him say "yes" to the other Michael

Yeah, the only way Michael possessing Dean would make sense to me is if once--and we know it's gonna happen--Alternate Michael crosses over to this universe he possesses Dean or our universe Michael gets out of the cage and possesses Dean. Regardless, Alternate Michael is going to have to be played by someone else at first.

But, yeah, I can't think of any legitimate reason Dean would agree to possession of anything. Dean will have to be not Dean for this to work for me, which I'm never a fan of.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4

I'm not sure why Dean saying yes would be terrible especially if doing so, would actually save the world. Like maybe Dean saying yes to Michael in the AU is what stops that war and the further destruction of Earth or it stops Michael from trying to take over Earth 1. That would be a heroic act wouldn't it and something Dean would do.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

To me, Micheal is just another dick angel, so I'm not sure what's so "meaty" about it for Jensen?

Meaty doesn't always equal playing a good guy.   Hannible Lectre was a serial killer and I thought Anthony Hopkins had a lot material to work with.    With the Mark they had to be careful not to take things to  far.  But if Jensen was playing an AU Michael they wouldn't have to worry about the character doing something he couldnt' come back from.  I've seen glimpses of Jensen playing a bad guy and it was chilling.  I would like to see him play  a full on psycho.

We really wouldn't lose Dean because Michael and Dean would be two separate people. 

If Dean was being possessed, I can see him saying yes if its part of a plan.  It would be no different then Sam saying yes. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Meaty doesn't always equal playing a good guy.   Hannible Lectre was a serial killer and I thought Anthony Hopkins had a lot material to work with.    With the Mark they had to be careful not to take things to  far.  But if Jensen was playing an AU Michael they wouldn't have to worry about the character doing something he couldnt' come back from.  I've seen glimpses of Jensen playing a bad guy and it was chilling.  I would like to see him play  a full on psycho.

We really wouldn't lose Dean because Michael and Dean would be two separate people. 

If Dean was being possessed, I can see him saying yes if its part of a plan.  It would be no different then Sam saying yes. 

It's meaty in the same way Jared playing Lucifer was meaty. And it beats driving the car and being comic relief or Sam's cheerleader. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm not sure why Dean saying yes would be terrible especially if doing so, would actually save the world. Like maybe Dean saying yes to Michael in the AU is what stops that war and the further destruction of Earth or it stops Michael from trying to take over Earth 1. That would be a heroic act wouldn't it and something Dean would do.

Just like when Lucifer possessed Sam and Cass, Dean would be powerless to do anything, it would be Michael, not Dean at that point. The only thing it would change is Michael would have a stronger vessel to continue to carry on his tyranny. So, yeah, I'm not signing up for Dean to be powerless.

6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Meaty doesn't always equal playing a good guy.

I wasn't suggesting "meaty" had to be a good guy, I'm saying, dick angels have been done to death on this show and Micheal is just another one. I don't care if they're good guys or bad guys I just want my characters to be interesting--although I think the greater actor challenge is playing a "good" guy.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's meaty in the same way Jared playing Lucifer was meaty. And it beats driving the car and being comic relief or Sam's cheerleader. 

Well, not to turn this into a bitch/jerk thing, but I never thought it was "meaty" for Jared to play Lucifer either. If they want to give Jensen a completely new character to work out and find, I'm all for that, and I think that would be awesome. But I think playing an already established character is just mimicry, for the most part, and not all that "meaty". Especially in this case because, IMO, Micheal just another dick angel; nothing about him is all that interesting or special. I say Jensen dodged a bullet not being saddled with this character, myself.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I would love that so much but I can't have nice things because TPTB suck balls and hate me.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

NOOO don't go. We can go to the bitterness thread LOL

I spend most of my time over there now but am not sure it will be enough with what appears to be coming in this next season. What comes after bitterness? 

• Love 3