Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Or maybe that pic wasn't from Friday, but he just posted it on Friday. Maybe he took it another day? 

That seems most likely. In any case, this Dean girl's heart just skipped a little thinking he needed to be on set so much.

6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I can't remember where, or I'd link, but I read Jensen worked 1.5 days this week and then Jared didn't work at all. I'd assume he could be referring to brewery or other non-show work as we know he gets Friday and Mondays off.

I think Jensen would have been more specific if he was talking about the brewery. He seems to enjoy talking about that.

I think those days off might be flexible for filming needs. I think they still do Fraturdays occasionally so maybe the days off shift to Monday and Tuesday.I don't think they will NEVER work on a Friday or a Monday but that's probably preferred.

I don't see why he would work only 1.5 days, fly to Austin for one day, if that pic was taken on Thursday in Austin, fly back to Vancouver on Friday JUST for a small cameo unless it's a hefty paycheck.  I think he probably filmed more than 1.5 days last week, had Friday off, did the cameo, then had some of Saturday off,  sang Saturday night, did the panel on Sunday. Then had some time on Monday (or maybe he filmed on Monday,). Or back filming today to finish 3p unless they are maybe filming some stuff out of order for ep 4). Then he goes back to Austin on Thursday for this weekend. 

But then again I'm not wealthy with a plane at my disposal either LOL

42 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That seems most likely. In any case, this Dean girl's heart just skipped a little thinking he needed to be on set so much.

Meaning in a good way? Like Dean will have something interesting to do?

51 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I can't remember where, or I'd link, but I read Jensen worked 1.5 days this week and then Jared didn't work at all. I'd assume he could be referring to brewery or other non-show work as we know he gets Friday and Mondays off.

He might be counting the two days at the con as work too?

ETA: Plus, just because he's not shooting for the current episode doesn't mean he's not doing pick up work or voice work for one of the previous episodes?

Edited by DittyDotDot
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Meaning in a good way? Like Dean will have something interesting to do?

Hope springs eternal. It's honestly the first show-related thing that's sparked my enthusiasm in ages. Let me live in my dreamworld til Dabb drags me out kicking and screaming. :P

16 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

He might be counting the two days at the con as work too?

He said this on Sunday, referring to Saturday as his day off, so I don't think so.

• Love 1

I KNOW I keep harping on this but seriously, how can anyone think this guy looks like either J or a hybrid.

He looks like Misha. The only difference is Misha's lips aren't as full as Alexander's. The nose, the facial structure, the jawline, even the dimple in his chin.

mishacollinstwitterpic.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Dean's jacket looks new. Has he worn this one before? It looks unfamiliar to me. Unusual look for Dean

NEVERMIND. I figured it out. He word this in Regarding Dean

Also, I guess that answers my question about Dean and grief scruff pffft. boo

Edited by catrox14

I don't recognize that jacket and it's bugging me! Dean must be road tripping he's at a Gas N Sip. Did he take off for a while? HMMMM???

* ETA: Dean wore that jacket Regarding Dean.

Edited by catrox14
Figured out the jacket. Wardrobe alert is over.

I think the families were with both of them in San Diego, based on tweets, etc., so it's possible they went back to Vancouver for a bit.  I think that's been the routine the past few years.  It's still damn hot in Austin, so this gives them a bit of a break from that.  I'm sure when their wives and kids are there, they still work long days, and into the night, so a day off would still be a coveted thing, even if they weren't flying back home to Austin.  

I really resent the fact that I have to try to figure this out on my own.  They really should keep us better informed as to their whereabouts!!  ;-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Sounds like it might be very Dean heavy and Sam light to me.  I really don't know what other interpretation there could be.  

I don't think it will be Dean heavy either. It seems like a Jody centric episode and if @Wayward Son's info is correct that Jensen only filmed 1.5 days last week and filming today he might only be in it for a whole 15 minutes or so. I'm thinking maybe he drives to Jody's to find Claire and tell her that Cas has died. I don't think he'd tell her that news over the phone.

6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think the families were with both of them in San Diego, based on tweets, etc., so it's possible they went back to Vancouver for a bit.  I think that's been the routine the past few years.  It's still damn hot in Austin, so this gives them a bit of a break from that.  I'm sure when their wives and kids are there, they still work long days, and into the night, so a day off would still be a coveted thing, even if they weren't flying back home to Austin.  

I really resent the fact that I have to try to figure this out on my own.  They really should keep us better informed as to their whereabouts!!  ;-)

Right?! LOL

Honestly though, I don't really care where they are at any given time. It only stood out to me because there was heavy spec that Ep 3 would be Dean/Sam light and it gave me a little hope for some Dean after all.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think it will be Dean heavy either. It seems like a Jody centric episode and if @Wayward Son's info is correct that Jensen only filmed 1.5 days last week and filming today he might only be in it for a whole 15 minutes or so. I'm thinking maybe he drives to Jody's to find Claire and tell her that Cas has died. I don't think he'd tell her that news over the phone.

It doesn't make sense that he had to be there every day just for a scene with Claire. Unless he was counting brewery time as 'work', I'm more inclined to believe Jensen's own words over reports or spec, and he was pretty clear that he's been working every day. Just because they are reported contracted to have Mon/Fri off doesn't mean they can't make exceptions.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe.  And If.  I honestly can't remember right now the name of ep 3 or what it's even supposed to be about.  As far as Dean driving to tell Jody about Cas' death - well, that's If they even bother to tell Jody about that.  I mean, Sam didn't bother to tell Jody that he'd found Dean when he was a demon.  ;)  (She called him out on the phone for that, iir)

However, if Jensen is right that he worked pretty much all week and Jared had the whole week off (according to him): sounds Dean heavier than Sam anyway.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Right?! LOL

Honestly though, I don't really care where they are at any given time. It only stood out to me because there was heavy spec that Ep 3 would be Dean/Sam light and it gave me a little hope for some Dean after all.

It doesn't make sense that he had to be there every day just for a scene with Claire. Unless he was counting brewery time as 'work', I'm more inclined to believe Jensen's own words over reports or spec, and he was pretty clear that he's been working every day. Just because they are reported contracted to have Mon/Fri off doesn't mean they can't make exceptions.

Maybe if goes to Jody's to tell  Claire about Cas, he gets caught up in whatever is happening with Jody. I'm just not really expecting Dean to be in it so much that it would be "Dean heavy" per se, not like Regarding Dean or what have you. More that Dean will be there but he's not the focus of the episode. But maybe we've all been barking up the wrong tree that it's Jody centric.  

Or maybe he's even filming things for ep 4?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Maybe.  And If.  I honestly can't remember right now the name of ep 3 or what it's even supposed to be about.  As far as Dean driving to tell Jody about Cas' death - well, that's If they even bother to tell Jody about that.  I mean, Sam didn't bother to tell Jody that he'd found Dean when he was a demon.  ;)  (She called him out on the phone for that, iir)

However, if Jensen is right that he worked pretty much all week and Jared had the whole week off (according to him): sounds Dean heavier than Sam anyway.  

Episode 3 is called "Patience" . I think the only thing we know about it is that it is set to introduce a spin off character, have Missouri return and introduce us to her son / Patience family. I'm fully expecting the episode to be about trying to make Patience a character we can root for (she's the only WS character to not appear before after all) and establishing her dynamic with both Jody and her family. 

I don't know if this counts as 'spoilers' or not, but putting it in this thread just to be safe. Excerpts from this (adorable) Twitter thread from people at the set location where Jensen was filming. Assuming they are still filming 13x03?

https://twitter.com/jolauriang/status/897513592576106496

• Most was interior, but we heard a gunshot, he came out, yelled "DID YOU HEAR THAT? I JUST KILLED SOMEONE IN THERE" and fist pumped
  • THERE WAS ALSO A DOG HE GAVE A LOT OF LOVE
  • Guys Jensen came out with the dog and was playing with it and we all started cooing at the dog and he went "oh sure, love the dog more"

ETA: Another spoilerish pic from set, Dean hugging Jody

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4

It's a little disappointing to see the Impala in such pristine condition.  Since it's a metaphor for Dean and he's supposed to be so overcome with grief that he doesn't want to look for Mary a good way to show that is with neglect towards the car.

Although if they do have Sam stay behind, to look after Jack, I want a scene where Dean tells Sam, you want him, you babysit him.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It's a little disappointing to see the Impala in such pristine condition.  Since it's a metaphor for Dean and he's supposed to be so overcome with grief that he doesn't want to look for Mary a good way to show that is with neglect towards the car.

Although if they do have Sam stay behind, to look after Jack, I want a scene where Dean tells Sam, you want him, you babysit him.

Maybe it's more like in 2x02 and 7x01 when Dean didn't know how else to deal (with John's death in S2 and Cas & Sam in S7), he looks after his baby.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

from people at the set location where Jensen was filming

It's a good thing I don't live in Vancouver or surrounding area.  I'd probably be arrested as a stalker, and I'd never make any money as I'd never be at my job.

• Love 2

Does Jody know anything about Cas?  I would think with Claire living there she must right?  Or does she think she's just an orphan who's parents were killed by monsters? What level of information does she have about the angels? I think she knows about  vampires, werewolves, other monsters, demons  but I don't have the impression she knows about Lucifer, and Sam being Lucifer's vessel. IMO, she seemed kind of weirded out by the Lucifer reveal in 12.22, as in 'What the hell is this about Lucifer and why is Sam so freaked out".  Does she know that Dean sold his soul for Sam's life and that the boys have been to literal hell and back?  Does she know everything about them?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Where's Jared?  I wonder if Sam stays in the Bunker to babysit Jack -- which is why we don't see him on location?  It sure LOOKS like Dean is the one working the case, alone.  I also suspect BMoL days are shorter shoot days than location shots.  Could explain the difference.  

I also saw a picture of what looked like a blond girl with a hat standing next to Missouri Mosley.  But I have NOT seen a Missouri Mosley, Dean picture.  I kinda hope Missouri Mosley and Dean have some time together.  I'm not emotionally scarred by the "mean to Dean" schtick she did in S1 and I think she could provide a lot of insight into Dean's current emotional state. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SueB said:

I think she could provide a lot of insight into Dean's current emotional state. 

Missouri should not be reading Dean's mind if he doesn't give her permission.  If we get insight into Dean's emotional state I'd rather it come from Dean. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Does Jody know anything about Cas?  I would think with Claire living there she must right?  Or does she think she's just an orphan who's parents were killed by monsters? What level of information does she have about the angels? I think she knows about  vampires, werewolves, other monsters, demons  but I don't have the impression she knows about Lucifer, and Sam being Lucifer's vessel. IMO, she seemed kind of weirded out by the Lucifer reveal in 12.22, as in 'What the hell is this about Lucifer and why is Sam so freaked out".  Does she know that Dean sold his soul for Sam's life and that the boys have been to literal hell and back?  Does she know everything about them?

Jodi knows angels are real--the beginning of the re-virgining episode in S9 had a conversation where they told her angels had fallen and they weren't good guys--but how much she actually knows about Cass is hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't know quite a bit surface about him, but, as I recall, they've never met. I'm guessing she knows about Lucifer and the Winchester's role in averting the apocalypse, if by no other means, she was at Asa's wake where everyone was talking about them. 

I'm sure they keep some things to themselves, but I get the impression the boys let Jodi know about the stuff she would need to know in order to keep her ear to the ground at this point. But, as @RulerofallIsurvey pointed out, Sam didn't fill her in on Dean's demonic stage, so, who knows?

Edited by DittyDotDot

Missouri should not be reading Dean's mind if he doesn't give her permission.  If we get insight into Dean's emotional state I'd rather it come from Dean. 

Hell yeah. If she reads his mind willy-nilly again and proceeds to be a total cow about it, she can die in a fire. I hated that the first time and don`t want another round of this bullshit.

Hate it already whenever Dean is pushed to talk when he clearly isn`t ready just because someone else makes it their fucking buisness. 

Since Patience and her grandmother are estranged, I would be happy to have a character who calls Missouri on her fucking bullshit and drags her ass for all it is worth.  I mean Missouri is exactly the kind of character who can only dish it out and never take out so I presume there would be a lot of wah-wah-wah, how dare you talk to me like this. Which is the point where she should be ripped into even further to get over that entitled full-of-herself shtick she got going on.

Man, her interactions with every single person in "Home" was full of annoying tropes.  If there is a character who can IMO not provide any honest insight into someone else, it is her.    

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, SueB said:

Where's Jared?  I wonder if Sam stays in the Bunker to babysit Jack -- which is why we don't see him on location?  It sure LOOKS like Dean is the one working the case, alone.  I also suspect BMoL days are shorter shoot days than location shots.  Could explain the difference.  

I saw those pics of Jared on location with fans. Sam looks kinda scruffy. 

• Love 3

And I'm also not the least bit surprised that they are using JA/Dean to push the spin-off.

Which IMO would be silly since he is not gonna be in it. The spin-off needs to work on the merits of its own characters. Episode 3 is likely gonna focus heavily on Patience and then the backdoor Pilot may be like Bitten, mininmal Winchester involvement. Maybe they try to get away with a phone call or a short teaser/end scene and otherwise focus entirely on the Wayward crowd.   

56 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think that is Jared, not Sam.  They said at the con that Jared didn't work until Wednesday.

I agree that's Jared, not Sam.  I believe upthread someone said that Jared was off all week.  I don't expect to see Sam at all in 12.3.  Maybe a glimpse at the beginning or end - or voice on the phone I guess.  

Since Dean killed someone and hugs Jody, looks like he's got a decent sized part at least.  

• Love 2

Maybe Dean decides to visit Jody and take her up on her standing offer of him talking with her whenever he needs. She's proven that she is someone he can trust with his emotions.

I don't want Missouri poking around Dean's headspace since she couldn't be bothered the last time to acknowledge the trauma he was reliving. I  thought it was peculiar that she could read Sam and know about his GF on sight, yet she didn't with Dean and he wasn't hiding his emotions. Those were entirely on the surface.  IMO she was bullying Dean because he questioned her skills when she said didn't know anything about John's whereabouts, which turned out to be a lie. MO, she could have gotten the 411 from John about Sam's GF . IMO, she was either a fraud so her bullying Dean was to put him off guard so he wouldn't figure out she was a fraud, or she was just an asshole to Dean for no good reason. Either way, IMO, she hasn't earned the place in the show IMO to be the one to give insights into Dean at all, psychic or not.  If anyone gives him insight it should be Jody. She's earned it.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Lol...I'd vote for that!  We need an Apathy thread.

And it should be titled

Supernatural Apathy: 

SuperApathetic:  'You know what. I don't care anymore. And what's even better? I don't care that I don't care".

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

SuperApathetic:  'You know what. I don't care anymore. And what's even better? I don't care that I don't care".

-Except I DO Still Care A Little-or I Wouldn't Still Be Here Posting Something Like This. ;-D

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And it should be titled

Supernatural Apathy: 

tumblr_ou8x83uheo1v1p15bo1_500.gif

I'll vote for that!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

tumblr_ou8x83uheo1v1p15bo1_500.gif

I'll vote for that!!

That's why I chose that quote. LOL but thank you for the visual reminders for those that don't remember the quote. Funny thing I post a similar gif set when my baseball team goes into the crapper.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That's why I chose that quote. LOL but thank you for the visual reminders for those that don't remember the quote. Funny thing I post a similar gif set when my baseball team goes into the crapper.

That gif is from the Ben Edlund penned How to Win Friends and Influence Monsters right? 

7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That gif is from the Ben Edlund penned How to Win Friends and Influence Monsters right? 

Yes it's after Dean has gotten stoned from the Turducken sandwich that he thinks Sam pissed off. LOL  Dean should smoke more weed to deal with his stress. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

The spin-off needs to work on the merits of its own characters.

IA. And I think that it's going to, so I can't get all that excited about JA's on-screen presence in this one, and this even if he is allowed a kill. Theres' no trust for Dabb and company left in me. None whatsoever, no matter the PR nor whom it comes from. Not at this point. Not after 12B.

• Love 3

So this the 411 thus far from fan info on Twitter for 13.4 The Big Empty.

I'm really curious if the collective as @Wayward Son suggested has been barking up the wrong tree that this will be about "The Empty" and will not be Cas centric at all.

It's being filmed at a museum and the boys are going to be in Dane County, WI.  Isn't Wisconsin where Garth lives as a werewolf? Not saying it's related but if they go to Wisconsin....and not mention Garth...unless he's pulled up stakes and moved away after the events of Sharp Teeth. 

On 8/13/2017 at 11:32 PM, catrox14 said:

19 hours ago, catrox14 said:
Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Regarding Jim Michaels' post, it says (on the first of two detailed sheets):

8oGhP5V.jpg

So right there, they are meeting with the Art Department on Stage 1 and doing a Set Concept discussion.  Which means, IMO, "The Empty" is likely to be something (maybe with Green Screen, maybe not) that is done on Stage 1 and it's a big deal because it's the FIRST thing after casting.  So they need time.  

Cas is in a 'different place we've talked about but not seen in Episode 4' talking with a very powerful being played by 'a handsome and talented actor'.  Which means this is probably a set for Cas' scenes in EP4, he's not with the boys in Wisconsin, he's in some 'other place' that high concept and my personal opinion is that he's playing a against "himself" who is actually a different character in a Cas-suit.  Maybe AU Cas.  Maybe Death. Maybe the Easter Bunny.  Don't know.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, she was either a fraud so her bullying Dean was to put him off guard so he wouldn't figure out she was a fraud, or she was just an asshole to Dean for no good reason. Either way, IMO, she hasn't earned the place in the show IMO to be the one to give insights into Dean at all, psychic or not.  If anyone gives him insight it should be Jody. She's earned it.

I'd like a scene similar to to the one in Asa Fox, where Jody just offers to talk and leaves Dean alone, and then Dean opens up to her of his own free will, or even better, Jody telling Missouri to back off and leave Dean alone and her apologize to him.

I know, odds are slim to none that will happen.   Dean's confrontation with Mary was so disappointing, and unfortunately, Berens is writing this ep.

Deans' instincts are better than Missouri's so-called psychic abilities. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SueB said:

So right there, they are meeting with the Art Department on Stage 1 and doing a Set Concept discussion.  Which means, IMO, "The Empty" is likely to be something (maybe with Green Screen, maybe not) that is done on Stage 1 and it's a big deal because it's the FIRST thing after casting.  So they need time.  

I wasn't saying it was not going to be the Empty, I was just saying MAYBE it's not what some think. 

That set could be anything. Or it could be the Empty. . It could go either way

It's possible the Big Empty is metaphorical for Dean and Sam feeling empty without  Cas and Mary, so they go on a hunt to Wisconsin which is the bulk of the episode. Then at the end of the episode we see Cas in the Empty as the tag/cliffhanger into EP 5 which might be the actual Cas and the other person in like the Empty.

4,5,6 will/should air during November sweeps which starts Oct 26 through Nov 22, so getting eyeballs on it matter, but that doesn't necessarily mean 4 will be the Cas-centric episode some were thinking/hoping.  And it might be exactly that, too!

I'm thinking the Cas stuff will start at the end of 13.03 as a tag if 13.4 is Cas centric. Or at the end of  13.04, if it's not and then carry on run through 5 and 6, which is when Misha said Cas is back. Then they get 7, 8 for December leading to Wayward Sister for mid season break and 10 for the pilot upon the return.   So IMO, the Cas centric episode will be 13.4 or 13.5 and denouement and resoultion for Cas is 13.6 after that all bets are off where Cas fits and how

I don't think they will have a Cas-centric episode to start the sweeps period. Not being mean to Cas fans but the show will likely have a brother centric episode to kick off sweeps, like with Baby and American Nightmare.

But HEY I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL, so I'm just guessing from my non professional POV

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
Just now, Wayward Son said:

He honesty looks really grumpy to me in that pic. 

I could go with 'grumpy' too.  At a minimum: "not happy". Oh, and I just realized... hugs are 'hellos' or 'goodbyes' in general.  I'd err on the side of 'goodbye' (meaning both live) as his face implies "plot point". 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

He honesty looks really grumpy to me in that pic. 

He looks upset to me. What that upset is could be is any guess.

It could be anger, worry, annoyance. He could be upset with himself, with someone else, about whatever the conversation was. 

That said, based on Jody hugging him tightly with both arms and him looking a bit uncomfortable with that hug, I think he's unhappy with himself. It might be about whoever or whatever he shot in the store. He looks like he's upset about something he did.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

If Jared really was off for the week and won't be in this episode much, if at all, then maybe they're doing what some people wanted them to do last year...split the brothers up a bit.  I'm going to assume we'll get a Jensen free episode at some point in the season.

I agree that some of Missouri's comments to Dean in Home seemed pretty harsh, but I honestly think the writers meant them to be humorous.  She was picking on him and reading his mind, which was freaking him out a bit, but I don't think he walked away from that encounter with any major issues with her.  I think Jensen played some of it for humor as well, with his facial expressions.  I'll be interested to see what she thinks of them now and would like to be privy to that conversation.  My fear is that the writers won't show me those scenes, just like they didn't last year with Mary.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

I agree that some of Missouri's comments to Dean in Home seemed pretty harsh, but I honestly think the writers meant them to be humorous.  She was picking on him and reading his mind, which was freaking him out a bit, but I don't think he walked away from that encounter with any major issues with her.  

5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd like a scene similar to to the one in Asa Fox, where Jody just offers to talk and leaves Dean alone, and then Dean opens up to her of his own free will, or even better, Jody telling Missouri to back off and leave Dean alone and her apologize to him.

I have to say I've always had a problem with Missouri (not that I doubt her psychic abilities or just because she was "mean to Dean.")  I just don't care much for the character, especially the way they set her up.  

I can understand her different treatment of Sam and Dean in Home:  Sam was grieving and in need of comfort (and was always more willing to accept gentleness than Dean) and so I assumed she could read them and knew what they needed:  Sam needed mothering, while Dean wouldn't have accepted it.  But there's a whole world of difference between not being too touchy-feely, and being too abrasive.  The intro scene, where she threatened to hit Dean with a spoon for thinking about putting his feet on her table, I assume was designed to be funny, show her as someone who doesn't stand for nonsense, and show that she really *can* read minds.  But she continued it way too long, especially in front of the mother after the poltergeist mess, and IMO it didn't come across as affectionate teasing but more pointed and unnecessary.

In contrast, I look at the boys' first meeting with Ellen, right after John died.  Ellen tried to be sympathetic to Dean, who immediately went into "back off-don't go there" mode so fast that you could practically see the spikes go up like a threatened porcupine.  And Ellen, without the benefit of being able to read his mind, immediately backed off and became matter-of-fact, getting down to business, which is exactly what Dean needed.  It showed that you can still be understanding without offering unwanted sympathy, and Dean willingly accepted it and therefore allowed her to get closer.  

IMO, that's the same kind of relationship he has with Jody--she knows when to back off but still let him know she's there for him, and that's just what he needs.  Frankly, it always bothered me that Sam, for all those years, didn't seem to understand that about his brother--that he has to let him process at his own rate and just be available instead of pushing him to talk (though, having just rewatched season 10, I think he knows now.)  But I'd love to see Jody defending Dean against Missouri, so we can see that *getting to know* someone is better than just "reading" them, to see who they really are and what they need.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2