Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd say the scene she's referring to is Dean's confrontation with Mary where he talks about the deal.  There is probably a scene later with Sam where Mary apologizes for the deal and the effect it had on him.

As for the cliffhanger, it could be that not everyone is dead, it could be similar to season 1 where everyone's fate is up in the air.  There was that spoiler about everyone being in a perilous predicament.    Then they dont have to worry trying to get out of it.

Ah! The Moldavian Wedding Scenario   Who will live, who will die. (Ancient TV show, Dynasty, S5 finale).

24 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd say the scene she's referring to is Dean's confrontation with Mary where he talks about the deal. 

I hope that it's not about just the deal.

24 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There is probably a scene later with Sam where Mary apologizes for the deal and the effect it had on him.

And I hope that she apologizes to Dean also for how her absence (and even if it's tied in with the deal that she made) affected his life, too.

Stupidest thing that show ever did. And that is saying something! LOL

I was a ten year old who ate that show up and even I was shocked at the lame way they resolved that cliffhanger. I know they caught a lot of flack for it even back then. Still could see a scenario like that on SPN because learning from past mistakes isn`t really their thing.

• Love 2

I don't really want to watch Mary die again, but I should probably prepare myself.  Someone is going to die, but who...Cas, Crowley, Mary, Jody, Claire, Garth?  Obviously, they wouldn't all elicit the same response from the boys, so if it's truly an emotional scene, I would think Cas or Mary.  It seems really stupid for Amara to give them their mother back, just to let her be killed again a few months later.  And I would think that after the backlash they got for killing Charlie, they wouldn't dare kill Cas off.  

• Love 1

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/supernatural-episode-1222-1223-season.html

"Who We Are" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

FAMILY - Caught in a dangerous situation, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) only have each other to rely on. Meanwhile, the fight between the American Hunters and the British Hunters comes to a head. John Showalter directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1222). Original airdate 5/18/2017.

"All Along the Watchtower" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

EPIC SEASON FINALE - Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) battles Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) for control of his unborn child. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1223). Original airdate 5/18/2017.

• Love 2

"All Along the Watchtower"

FUCKING AWESOME please please please play Jimi Hendrix, show! I beg of you!

That's one of my favorite songs of all time, and practically every time I hear it, I think about how perfect it is for SPN!

Edited by rue721
  • Love 3

Why do I feel Mary is a goner for sure. No mention of her in the synopsis in these last two episodes, and saying they only have each other to rely on, and nothing about Mary. Clearly whoever dies is her, Jody, Claire or Garth. But I think it is Mary, especially with press news saying its a good episode and has great acting and moments from the Js, which would only happen if their mother died again. And I doubt SPN has the guts to truly be bold and kill off Cas. Because Mary's death does nothing, she just came back, and we all are expecting her to die again anyways. 

Edited by nightwing877
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

And the show usually resolves them like that one parody episode of Stargate where the team was in a ridiculously outmatched position where no escape would have been possible and the very next shot showed them arriving back at their base, saying "wow, that was close, right?" I just don`t think SPN does that sort of thing on purpose with self-awareness. 

Are you talking about Stargate's 200th episode? I thought that episode was brilliant.

Even with its flaws, I still miss Stargate.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Why do I feel Mary is a goner for sure. No mention of her in the synopsis in these last two episodes, and saying they only have each other to rely on, and nothing about Mary.

Based on the promo, I have a feeling that Mary is going to be damseled by the end of next week, and the boys won't be able to rely on her because she'll be in need of rescuing herself.

From the promo for next week, it looks like her love affair with Mick is well and truly over  but it is too soon for her to die, IMO - I can't imagine that happening before one of the final two episodes. So, I'm thinking she becomes a BMOL hostage to be used against Sam and Dean. 

I'm now more convinced than ever that everyone is going to die in the finale. I think that the future that Cas saw was Dean and Sam happy with their mother, only their mother is going to wind up being back in Heaven. 

As someone else said, he wants to keep them "safe", just like she does-meaning they're not listening to or hearing anyone's voice or words other than their own. And as regards that, I liked that Dean just slipped in the question of when had they ever been safe in this week's episode. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, rue721 said:

FUCKING AWESOME please please please play Jimi Hendrix, show! I beg of you!

That's one of my favorite songs of all time, and practically every time I hear it, I think about how perfect it is for SPN!

It would be perfect for SPN, but I'd prefer they do the original Dylan version.

8 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Are you talking about Stargate's 200th episode? I thought that episode was brilliant.

The puppets alone are worth the price of admission!

8 hours ago, SueB said:

The promo make it look like Mary's in trouble. I bet she knees Ketch in the balls and makes it out of there.  

That's my feeling too. 

8 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I'm now more convinced than ever that everyone is going to die in the finale. I think that the future that Cas saw was Dean and Sam happy with their mother, only their mother is going to wind up being back in Heaven. 

Yeah, I wondered that too; how much of the future did Cass see and how much of it might be either false or misunderstood? 

7 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Aww...that's too bad.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:
42 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Aww...that's too bad.

Hmmm. That has actually made me suspicious that Bobby will be in the finale. He is a master of deception when it comes to hiding his appearances in the show. So him blatantly announcing he hasn't been in this season makes me wonder ;-) 

• Love 3

I think TPTB (assuming they kill the nephilim, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did) has missed a rare opportunity.

I know people don't like the story, but I truly believe that it could have gone somewhere interesting.  It's something completely new -- a child of an archangel!  No one knows what he could do.  It's a blank canvas for the writers.

What if the kid isn't evil?  What if he had all of his father's resentments towards God, but none of his evil intent?  What if all he wants to do is to genuinely make the world a better place?  Not like Amara wanted, but a world free of disease and famine and suffering?  How would they stop that?  Hell, why would they even want to stop that?

Because it's against the natural order.  (As if that's been a problem for them in the past.)

Because it's in conflict with the concept of free will.  (If no one ever suffers consequences for their actions, do we actually choose what we do?)

Because it has unintended consequences.  (Because it always has unintended consequences.)

*sigh*  But they'll probably just kill him.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I think TPTB (assuming they kill the nephilim, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did) has missed a rare opportunity.

I know people don't like the story, but I truly believe that it could have gone somewhere interesting.  It's something completely new -- a child of an archangel!  No one knows what he could do.  It's a blank canvas for the writers.

What if the kid isn't evil?  What if he had all of his father's resentments towards God, but none of his evil intent?  What if all he wants to do is to genuinely make the world a better place?  Not like Amara wanted, but a world free of disease and famine and suffering?  How would they stop that?  Hell, why would they even want to stop that?

Because it's against the natural order.  (As if that's been a problem for them in the past.)

Because it's in conflict with the concept of free will.  (If no one ever suffers consequences for their actions, do we actually choose what we do?)

Because it has unintended consequences.  (Because it always has unintended consequences.)

*sigh*  But they'll probably just kill him.

I don't think they can kill him as a child (that's just too dark for TPTB, IMO.)  But they can have him rapid-age, like Amara, over a few episodes.  

But there's no reason to think that he's going to be born with all his father's memories and anger.  Even Amara had to be brought up to speed on world happenings (remember Crowley having her watch Hitler's greatest speeches?)  But even that didn't persuade her to the demon's POV.  She *did* have her own memories and resentments, because she was a re-created being, not a brand-new one.   And, by having Kelly's DNA as well as Lucifer's, he does have good in him.  

I don't know where they're going to go with the story (they do tend to go with the easiest, least subtle ways lately), but there are some interesting possibilities (as you mentioned) that I'd like them to explore.  

I think Chuck could still pop in and fix things *if he wanted to*.   He's supposed to be all-seeing, isn't he? So no matter how far he's distanced himself from earth, he still can see what's going on, and he really doesn't want the earth destroyed.   He may not have actively stopped the Apocalypse, but he did keep bringing Cas back and giving him (and the Winchesters) multiple chances to do it themselves.  

I think  his grand plan all along was to celebrate Free Will, and have his angels understand it and accept it.  What better way than a half-human, half-Archangel to bring that about?  And, if he's looking to abdicate and pass on his crown and his sons have all been disappointments, why not a grandson?  So I think the idea is to see how little Luci does--start him off as a clean slate with the power of an archangel and the understanding of free will, and see what he does with it?  

The problem is that most scenarios I can think of wind up way too reminiscent of the Amara sl, with angels trying to kill him, demons trying to recruit him, and TFW in the middle (I'm guessing Sam and Dean will...eventually...side with Cas).  One difference, I think, would be that this time Cas is trying actively to protect him against all comers, and so TFW would be up against both angels and demons (again.)   Another grand-scale storyline like that would not only be redundant but annoying, but I could see it as the real "Swan Song" of the series--having Luci Jr. take over heaven and leaving things actually *hopeful* for the human race--that God's back in heaven, Satan's back in hell, and humans can maybe get some balance in life.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

Hmmm. remember J2 saying they filmed a scene already for s13...well maybe that's with Bobby. And maybe it's going to be the tag for the end of this season that is a jump to s13.

I think it's curious that the portal to Heaven was discussed in detail, that a human can't go through it and have their body not be destroyed but the soul goes to Heaven.  I feel like that's foreshadowing something. 

To go along with the spec that everyone dies in the finale, maybe the boys get pulled into the Heaven portal trying to save someone else but they don't get pulled apart because...reasons and they end up in Bobby's Heaven? 

SPN s13: Escape from Heaven??

Edited by catrox14
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it's curious that the portal to Heaven was discussed in detail, that a human can't go through it and have their body not be destroyed but the soul goes to Heaven.  I feel like that's foreshadowing something. 

I think Mary is going to go back to heaven - either voluntarily or as a sacrifice to save her boys. I wonder if Amarra will give them Bobby back instead. After all he definitely does NOT want to be in heaven. He wants to be back in the fight. He has said that more than once since he died. I would love that. Bobby back and in charge of the Bunker, with Sam and Dean back on the road but using the bunker like they used to use Bobby's house. Plus it would resurrect my fave ship - Jody and Bobby!

• Love 2

I have zero interest in Bobby being back full time. A guest appearance once a season, maybe a mini arc of like 3 episodes at most. I don't even care that Bobby doesn't like being in Heaven. He's getting the Memorex heaven he wanted isn't he considering I thought Memorex Heaven was what whatever people wanted to have. So if Bobby wanted to spend his memorex time in Heaven with the boys hunting couldn't he just be doing that over and over, like Mary with the boys in Heaven? 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have zero interest in Bobby being back full time.

He was never in it full time. But back at the level he used to be - appearing in about 10 eps a season? I'd love that. And it would be a shame if Dean lost his reward (Mary) from Amarra. She wanted to give him back his family. Mary hasn't really fitted that bill sadly. And we know they can't have John - unless he was played by Matt Cohen which would be strange.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

He was never in it full time. But back at the level he used to be - appearing in about 10 eps a season? I'd love that. And it would be a shame if Dean lost his reward (Mary) from Amarra. She wanted to give him back his family. Mary hasn't really fitted that bill sadly. And we know they can't have John - unless he was played by Matt Cohen which would be strange.

I know he was never full time, I was referring to him being a regular recurring character. I do not want him back to that extent.

At this point Bobby is still likely in Heaven Supermax and I doubt Heaven is going to let him out in exchange for Mary.  Besides if Amara wants Mary out of Heaven, can anyone even REALLY put her back? I mean sure Amara went on vacation with Ghuck but I would imagine she can pop down whenever she wants. 

It might be kind of interesting swerve if Amara was all "NOPE. I brought you back , Mary to help Dean,  and you've yet to show him any kind of love and caring. You don't get Heaven until you figure out how to be a reasonably kind mother to your eldest child".  Fat chance but that would go a long way to me believing that Amara actually cared about Dean and wasn't trying to harm him by bringing back Mary. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I would enjoy having Bobby back too. I loved the character.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It might be kind of interesting swerve if Amara was all "NOPE. I brought you back , Mary to help Dean,  and you've yet to show him any kind of love and caring. You don't get Heaven until you figure out how to be a reasonably kind mother to your eldest child".  Fat chance but that would go a long way to me believing that Amara actually cared about Dean and wasn't trying to harm him by bringing back Mary. 

But Amara isn't human.  I don't think she would think in those terms. Besides, she's off being with Chuck somewhere.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, auntvi said:

But Amara isn't human.  I don't think she would think in those terms. Besides, she's off being with Chuck somewhere.

I addressed her being on vacation with Ghuck but she is a goddess so she can come back whenever she wants. 

I don't understand why you say Amara wouldn't think in "those terms"?  Do you mean in human terms? Or that she would care what happened to Dean? Sorry I'm not following exactly.

Amara said the following in 11.23:

"Dean, you gave me what I needed most. I'd like to do the same for you".  She was referring to Dean helping her reconcile with Chuck. She told Chuck she loved him and he said he loved her. I'm not sure why she would say she was doing the same for Dean if it wasn't to either thank him for helping her reconcile with Chuck or because she legitimately believed that Dean needed Mary for some reason and she was doing it as an act of kindness for Dean.

7 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

The puppets alone are worth the price of admission!

Bwah! That and the zombies and the CW teen show parody: "I'm pregnant."

... and speaking of that last one: I hope they never do that one (for real) on this show with Sam or Dean, because no... just no. Unless they want to do some sort of flash forward at the very end of the series or something, but even then meh... I'm well past the point of wanting a picket fence and rugrats for Sam or Dean... With their history, it could only lead to eventual misery and/or doom for any kids they might have. Those kids would have demons or supernatural creatures potentially after them on principal alone. Not to mention potential angels wanting a suitable host body.

Ditto about missing SG, though. It was a lot of fun.

Agreed. (And yes, I'm entirely imagining Teal'c's voice as I type that.)

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Besides if Amara wants Mary out of Heaven, can anyone even REALLY put her back?

I could entirely see Amara being all "why is Mary back in heaven? Did I not put her on earth?" I could even imagine her questioning disappointed face to go along with it. Amara was not one to understand why others didn't want things her way.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

.. and speaking of that last one: I hope they never do that one (for real) on this show with Sam or Dean, because no... just no. Unless they want to do some sort of flash forward at the very end of the series or something, but even then meh... I'm well past the point of wanting a picket fence and rugrats for Sam or Dean... With their history, it could only lead to eventual misery and/or doom for any kids they might have. Those kids would have demons or supernatural creatures potentially after them on principal alone. Not to mention potential angels wanting a suitable host body.

Seriously.  At this point, shouldn't the boys just go have vasectomies to make sure everything stops with them? No temptation for future vessels in the Campbell/Winchester lineages; no other potential monster/supernatural babies (after Emma)?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

It would be perfect for SPN, but I'd prefer they do the original Dylan version.

Hmmm see I kind of hate the Dylan version. Dylan has a way with words, but the poor soul can't sing.

But I leave it up to everyone else's judgement:

Bob Dylan:

Some other third party spoilers!

Eric Clapton & Lenny Kravitz (I don't think Kravitz is that great in this, but Clapton KILLS IT!!! Best guitar I've heard for this song. He's amazing IMO):

Santana & Allman Bros jam version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFMoJE2Eb5k

2 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Hmmm see I kind of hate the Dylan version. Dylan has a way with words, but the poor soul can't sing.

I rarely enjoy covers of Dylan's songs. They just seem to be missing some key ingredient and always feel wrong to me.

• Love 2

Dylan's original version from John Wesley Harding is ....... why there are so many versions by so many different people on youtube. I could not find it in the 1st 5 pages of a search. Someone with better googlefu than I can try. I finally went to iTunes.

I'm interested in meeting the witch twins' witchy mom...hopefully we don't say goodbye to her in the same episode she's introduced, though. 

Oh, and, looks like I might be right, takes Ketch almost killing Mary for her to get suspicious of them. Ah, those delusional Winchesters; if they weren't so damn cute... ;)

• Love 3

I decided to calculate the Appearances of the cast by the end of this season! They're listed from the most to least appearances. One off guest characters weren't included :)

Sam Winchester 23

Dean Winchester 23

Mary Winchester 13 

Crowley 12

Mr. Ketch 12

Lucifer 11 (with multiple actors) 

Castiel 11 

Kelly Klein 6

Mick Davies 6 

Lady Toni Bevell 5

Rowena 5  

Dagon 3

Jody 3

Tommy 3

Alicia Banes 2

Billie 2

Max Banes 2

Wally 2

This data was compiled using the Supernatural Wikia and the spoiler sheet compiled by IBelieveInTheLittleTreeHopper.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

This data was compiled using the Supernatural Wikia and the spoiler sheet compiled by IBelieveInTheLittleTreeHopper.

How reliable have these been historically? I've seen speculation that Garth is returning (which seems plausible), and Dabb did throw out some hints about surprise returns that don't seem to be reflected in that list. Have Wikia + spoiled cast appearances been a sure bet in the past, or have there been appearances that flew under the radar?

Okay, I have some new SWAGS here:

I think Cas is being controlled by the baby and something else which is giving him the mission of  "peace and purpose". It reminds me Amara "Blissing" out people (or for the Angel the Series fans out there the Jasmine arc).

A few thoughts:

• Lucifer  is controlling the baby which is controlling Cas but how can he do that in  Crowley's Cage-in-a-Nicksuit other than it having a crack in it a la the Cage which allowed Lucifer to communicate with Sam. But it seems unlikely for Crowley to make that kind of mistake, and since he's 10 steps ahead of Lucifer, he should have another plan which got me to thinking maybe Crowley allowed Lucifer to do it because he's in league with Dagon or Asmodeus  to get control of the child.  If not, then I'm worried that Crowley is being neutered and I don't like that.  I feel like this is so obvious that I don't want it to be the case. 

• The Lance of  Michael will be important and/or the resolution to all of this in some way. IMO it's not a Hand of God and not a MacGuffin. I think the Colt was the Red Herring here. I'm thinking it's Chekhov's Michael Lance.   I don't see the point of introducing such a powerful weapon that is evidently tied to both Michael and Lucifer, just for a one time use for Sam to kill a Prince of Hell, save Cas with it, not completely destroy and leave it in Dean's hands the last we saw.   So to that end: 
  •  
    • I still don't think Crowley used the Michael Lance to save Cas because he liked him or did it for Dean entirely. It's Crowley, the King of Ulterior/Multiple Motives. I'm thinking that Crowley had some idea that using the Lance to save Cas would impart some of Michael's power into Cas so when Cas touched Kelly's belly, it connected Michael's power to the child via Cas and possibly alter Lucifer's grace into Michael's which would essentially "destroy Lucifer's spawn bit by bit" on the molecular level. IMO, that would be the ultimate f/u to Lucifer. Even if Crowley did not entirely know it would happen, IMO he knew enough to risk it, like he did with the Mark of Cain and Dean.
    •  
    • The Lance is in two pieces but still has the runes on it and the last we saw Dean had possession of it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dean will remember he has the Lance and he'll put the literal pieces back together and use it to Kill Lucifer in the finale.
Edited by catrox14

ETA: I have another fully tragic spec. Presuming that Misha is leaving the show which I have been speculating all season then I am putting out a fully tragic end for him at Dean's hands. :(

My crack -please-don't- ever- let- this-be-true spec is Dean ends up using the Michael Lance to kill Cas, because Cas has become fully, irreversibly evil under Lucifer's spawn's thrall and Cas is trying to kill Mary or Sam, and in killing Cas, it also kills the spawn :( but not Lucifer. 

Edited by catrox14

I don`t think Misha is leaving the show. Cas might have a cliffhanger at the end but I`m pretty confident he is gonna be around Season 13.

As for the Michael Lance, I doubt it will be back. If it is, there is no chance in hell Dean will use it. Also doubtful if they kill off Lucifer (permanently) but IF it happened, I`d rank the order of likelyhood to do it as: Spawn itself, Crowley, Sam or powered-up Cas. Unlikely but possible: Mary. Weak maybe: A BMOL. No way: Dean.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

s for the Michael Lance, I doubt it will be back. If it is, there is no chance in hell Dean will use it. Also doubtful if they kill off Lucifer (permanently) but IF it happened, I`d rank the order of likelyhood to do it as: Spawn itself, Crowley, Sam or powered-up Cas. Unlikely but possible: Mary. Weak maybe: A BMOL. No way: Dean.   

I dunno, if the show is sticking with alternating kills like Davy Perez suggested then it should be Dean having a crack at it since Sam already killed Ramiel with the Lance  and he killed the Alpha with the Colt. Cas was saved by the Michael Lance, so it should be Mary or Dean. I wouldn't be surprised about Mary but I'm just trying to find some way for Dean to have a true hero moment in the finale all to himself. 

I was thinking this morning about Perez' reference to the writers alternating kills. If we go by that logic if the final YED Asmodeus appears then Crowley should get the kill! After all, so far it's been Dean killed Azazel, Sam killed Ramiel and Castiel killed Dagon. That leaves one prince of hell and one of the main four yet to kill one. 

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I was thinking this morning about Perez' reference to the writers alternating kills. If we go by that logic if the final YED Asmodeus appears then Crowley should get the kill! After all, so far it's been Dean killed Azazel, Sam killed Ramiel and Castiel killed Dagon. That leaves one prince of hell and one of the main four yet to kill one. 

It would be interesting if Crowley killed Asmodeus but he'd have to be introduced in the next episode or two for Crowley to take him out, unless the big four all  survive the finale, along with Mary, Lucifer and Asmodeus and it picks up in s13?

If the second half of the Season showed me anything is that the alternating kills claim was bullshit. Look at how contrived things went with the Colt. That said, the Colt appears to have been last year`s Hands of God macguffins and the Michael Lance so far appears to have been a one-off. I`m not sure another super-weapon is gonna be introduced so soon. That`s why I see Lucifer only defeated by either supernatural powers or pseudo-scientific BMOL means. The Spawn apparently can power up any character he wants, that`s why I ranked him first.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It would be interesting if Crowley killed Asmodeus but he'd have to be introduced in the next episode or two for Crowley to take him out, unless the big four all  survive the finale, along with Mary, Lucifer and Asmodeus and it picks up in s13?

I'm not so sure we'll see Asmodeus anymore--I figured we would because of Mark Pelligrino's comment about someone's eyes glowing yellow--now I'm not so sure after Cass and Kelly's eyes glowed yellow.

I vote nobody kills the last Prince. As long as he/she stays away and isn't bothering anyone, that is. Maybe they can all kill Lucifer together, though?

Edited by DittyDotDot