Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Sam and especially Dean's looks are commented on by OTHER CHARACTERS IN THE SHOW.  Sam and Dean Winchester are good looking men. Objectively, most people who meet Sam Winchester (the character)  would think he is a good looking guy who doesn't look 35. I'm not talking about sexual attractiveness but appearance. Claire doesn't have to find him attractive to think 'Hey this sort of big brother of mine is a good looking guy". She can joke about him being old because brother/sister like banter but for her to say that Sam Winchester can't talk to teenagers because he's old is absurd.

I don't think that Sam can't talk to teenagers is absurd.  Seriously - have you been around a bunch of teenagers lately and tried to really connect?  I was a youth leader just last year - and the younger ones (junior high) I didn't 'get', versus, the senior high school students, I could still somewhat relate to.  Sure, Sam and Dean's attractiveness is acknowledged in the show - by their contemporaries or people older than them.  Not usually (that I can remember recently) by people that much younger than them.   

• Love 1

I think it's the age-old joke (OY, the PUNS!) of "you can't trust anyone over thirty".  That was what... the '60;s?  Ha!  Those people are 70-ish now,

And honestly, if Sam came up to them as "FBI Sam" he'd be fine.  If a 30+ came up to high school kids and started a non-FBI-equivalent conversation... that'd be sketchy looking.  I don't care HOW good looking he is. Ted Bundy was theoretically pretty (apparently... that's how he talked his way in). So... nope.

But, because she said "skeezer", I looked it up and my not-so-safe urban dictionary informs me a "skeezer" is a woman of low morals and it goes downhill from there.

So, clearly Sam is NOT the urban dictionary definition of skeezer.

This leaves us with a made-up word combining "geezer" (which is old) and "skeevy" (which is creepy).  So, her point (I think) is non-FBI Sam (note, he's in normal hunting clothes) is too old to expect young kids/teens to just talk to him.  And even if he pulls out the FBI badge it's a bit threatening. If they are teens then Claire has a better chance.  Because she's non-threatening to them.   And if Claire was approaching 18 in S10, she's approaching 20 in S12.  Which puts her in a better position to 21 Jump Street than Sam.

But mostly, she's just insulting him by overstating her case (that she's more appropriate to talk to witnesses) AND she's trying to exert her independence ('I'm a big person now, I don't need you on this hunt.') Sam is an older-brother like figure for her and this is kinda par IMO.

I DO like that they have Sam and Claire team up.  I liked that he started her on her life of credit card fraud after commenting on her good researching (while busting her on using her real name).  So, he's a bit of a Hunter 101 guide for her. It's kind of natural that she'd try to show him she's capable without him. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I don't think that Sam can't talk to teenagers is absurd.  Seriously - have you been around a bunch of teenagers lately and tried to really connect

I'm not sure what teenagers you're necessarily always around but I've been around those who can and DO talk to adults with no problem and no awkwardness.  And who do acknowledge when someone older than them is attractive. Its not unusual at all.  But hey I'm not a youth leader so maybe that's the case in your situation.

But regardless of either of our IRL interactions with teenagers, I can tell you that IN THE SHOW CANON, Sam and Dean spent an entire episode around 16 to 18 year old girls who were not scared to talk to them and actually helped them solve a case. GO FIGURE! There was ONE old joke and after that nothing.

Sorry but IMO that scene with Sam and Claire comes off at first blush as another sad case of Claire propping at the expense of the characters. YMMV

Edited by catrox14

Dean is in such a funk in every scene in that whole preview. So ornery. I wonder what set that off. Or if he's just going to be inexplicably ornery in this episode (hope not).

I don't think Claire being the one to talk to the kids is the show propping her at Sam's expense -- IMO she does have a point that Sam is going to set off more red flags or at least stand out more than she will.

Although now I'm remembering Strangers with Candy with IMMENSE FONDNESS and kind of wishing that Sam actually would try a "How do you do, fellow kids?" kind of thing.

• Love 3
Just now, rue721 said:

I don't think Claire being the one to talk to the kids is the show propping her at Sam's expense -- IMO she does have a point that Sam is going to set off more red flags or at least stand out more than she will

It's hard to get a read on that context because it just doesn't make sense when we've SEEN THEM talk to teenagers before, who DID talk to them.  Why is this situation going to be so different than EVERY other time they went in and talked to teenagers?

3 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Dean is in such a funk in every scene in that whole preview. So ornery. I wonder what set that off. Or if he's just going to be inexplicably ornery in this episode (hope not).

I'm assuming it's because he has to hunt with people he doesn't like and is more or less being railroaded into working with the BMoL because Sam and Mary are.  That would make me grumpy AF LOL

I think it was just a one-off line, and she's using it as the only real advantage she has over Sam.  It didn't bother me too much.  I don't have an issue when a teenager makes age disparaging comments to Sam or Dean, but when it comes from other sources, like the "dad bod" comments about Dean in that one episode, it just rings false.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I don't understand this comment.

The show itself acknowledges the attractiveness of Sam and Dean Winchester. Whether they look Jared and Jensen is irrelevant because within the SPN verse, Sam and especially Dean's looks are commented on by OTHER CHARACTERS IN THE SHOW.  Sam and Dean Winchester are good looking men. Objectively, most people who meet Sam Winchester (the character)  would think he is a good looking guy who doesn't look 35. I'm not talking about sexual attractiveness but appearance. Claire doesn't have to find him attractive to think 'Hey this sort of big brother of mine is a good looking guy". She can joke about him being old because brother/sister like banter but for her to say that Sam Winchester can't talk to teenagers because he's old is absurd.

I agree with you on this one, catrox. Unless the situation is somehow different than their usual, generally Sam and Dean don't have much trouble talking with teens, and for the most part in the past, that has even been somewhat of Sam's "thing." Dean tends to get the little kids to open up more, and Sam tends to get the teens to talk.

I could somewhat see maybe Claire not knowing that, except that if she remembers correctly, Sam was somewhat the one who talked to her - showing her some ins and outs of hunting and such, so she even has experience with how Sam can talk with teens.

And oh joy, Sam messes up somehow and gets an "I told you so" dressing down from Dean and has to just sheepishly take it. I can't wait *sarcasm.* And someone remind me why Sam is sticking up for the BMoL again? I know, I know... and to me it still makes no sense, and to have that be an excuse so Sam can get "I told you so"d is just really annoying.

Based on the previews, I'm not expecting this to be a Sam-friendly episode.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, DittyDotDot said:

No, but I'm a photographer and since storyboards are basically visual notes on how to frame shots, it just seemed to make sense. TBH, it was the "3/4" that jumped out to me and made me think of it since the first drawing was a 3/4-frame shot. And, since the next shot was a close up, but not a full close up, "medium" was the only word I could think of that fit, hence MCU.

So, there you have it, a glimpse into the rationale of a irrational mind. I also could be totally wrong. ;)

Thanks TripleD! I love this stuff. I once drove halfway across the country with a friend so she could photograph a button collection for an assignment from a button magazine. I learned so much!

• Love 1

About the Sam is old comment, at Penneys I work with a lot off teanagers. I get asked every once in while my age, I usually reply I was born the year that Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King was assassinated (history major here). You would not even believe the answers I get, anywhere from the 1950's to very early 60's, no one gets it right. They are sweet, but think I'm old. No one guesses the right year, great public education system in Oklahoma, not.  So long answer to say I understand her comment, even if I don't agree with it.

Edited by Diane
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

I'm assuming it's because he has to hunt with people he doesn't like and is more or less being railroaded into working with the BMoL because Sam and Mary are.  That would make me grumpy AF LOL

IA. He's surly in that clip and likely for these reasons, which actually made me like the clip. SurlyDean FTW! AFAIC. I'm hoping that he'll be all business, at best, with Mick in this episode. Any bonding that takes place should include the acceptance of this as being a part of who Dean Winchester can be when he's on the hunt-so yes, Mick should tread carefully with Dean, especially when he's on a hunt with him. IA with Aeryn that Glynn writing this one is the only reason that I'm able to hope that Dean might somehow be written with his hunter instincts fully intact.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

It's hard to get a read on that context because it just doesn't make sense when we've SEEN THEM talk to teenagers before, who DID talk to them.  Why is this situation going to be so different than EVERY other time they went in and talked to teenagers?

I don't think it is different than every other time they've talked to teenagers other than the fact they have a one of their own kind handy this time, why not utilize her? That's not to say Sam couldn't get them to talk to him, but why not take the easy road when you have that option?

However, my read of the scene was more: typical teenager who thinks she's soooo smart. Hey, maybe it will turn out that those kids won't talk to her either and Claire will learn a valuable lesson about not disrespecting her elders?  ;)

11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

That's not to say Sam couldn't get them to talk to him, but why not take the easy road when you have that option?

Because there is no good reason to think a novice would have have an easier road than one of the best hunters on the planet, who has a proven track record of successfully getting information from teenagers

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Because there is no good reason to think a novice would have have an easier road than one of the best hunters on the planet, who has a proven track record of successfully getting information from teenagers

Actually, I'd say there's no good reason to think teenagers would more readily talk to some weirdo "old" guy asking bizarre questions than someone roughly their own age asking bizarre questions. It's not a question of hunter skill, but Claire is one of them and speaks their language fluently. Sam used to be fluent, but the language has evolved since he spoke it regularly. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Actually, I'd say there's no good reason to think teenagers would more readily talk to some weirdo "old" guy asking bizarre questions than someone roughly their own age asking bizarre questions. It's not a question of hunter skill, but Claire is one of them and speaks their language fluently. Sam used to be fluent, but the language has evolved since he spoke it regularly. 

Sam doesn't have to speak their language to go in with a suit and his FEEB badge and ask questions. This is what doesn't work for me based on that clip.  YMMV

Dean being ornery and surly is my favorite part of that clip.  Sam lied to him for weeks and Dean knows that no matter what he says Sam won't listen, so he's doing what he does and keeping the peace. 

But I'm not sure it will last. I'm sure at the end of this ep, Dean will be made to thank Mick and apologize to Sam for not trusting his judgment.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

But I'm not sure it will last. I'm sure at the end of this ep, Dean will be made to thank Mick and apologize to Sam for not trusting his judgment.

Ugh. I know. The clip does actually contain all the earmarks of that happening again. And to make matters worse, I'm sure that the brothers still won't know about the deaths of the psychic girl and the soldiers by the end of this one either, otherwise they couldn't have Dean apologizing again.

Yeah, I'm just looking to get out of this one w/o that particular redundancy that now makes my head want to explode at this point in the series.

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sam doesn't have to speak their language to go in with a suit and his FEEB badge and ask questions. This is what doesn't work for me based on that clip.  YMMV

Sure, he could, but, the clip isn't saying Sam can't either. It's a clip of a typical teenager thinking she's got it all figured out and knows how to do things better than the "old" farts. I do think Claire does have a point in that those kids are more likely to let down their guard for her. Doesn't mean she'll be more successful in getting the information they need, though.  In fact, since Claire ends up getting bitten, it might be the reason for this scene is that Claire does a turnaround by the end of the episode, realizes she doesn't know it all and learns to respect her elders more?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Sure, he could, but, the clip isn't saying Sam can't either. It's a clip of a typical teenager thinking she's got it all figured out and knows how to do things better than the "old" farts. I do think Claire does have a point in that those kids are more likely to let down their guard for her. Doesn't mean she'll be more successful in getting the information they need, though.  In fact, since Claire ends up getting bitten, it might be the reason for this scene is that Claire does a turnaround by the end of the episode, realizes she doesn't know it all and learns to respect her elders more?

Bingo!

1 minute ago, Pondlass1 said:

Dean goes for a swim?  Was going to DVR - might watch live now.  But it's just a tease of course.    

Somehow I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve a swimsuit and more involves getting thrown in a body of water.  Still, could be fun.  And wet-head Dean can be fun too.

Now I am absolutely a RABID fan of etymological studies.  So Dabb better not disappoint me with this one.  No... I'm not joking.  It's like when you mix someone who loves books with an engineer.  I always want to know WHY we use that word, where did it come from, etc...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Dean goes for a swim?  Was going to DVR - might watch live now.  But it's just a tease of course.    

::snort:: Dean will be swimming with four layers of clothing on...and his boots. ;)

• Love 4

In important related news... I got this from Wikipedia ...

Jingle downturn 

In August 2016, The Atlantic reported that in the United States, the once popular jingle was now being replaced by advertisers with a mixture of older and recent pop music to make their commercials memorable. In 1998, there were 153 jingles in a sample of 1,279 national commercials; by 2011, the number of jingles had dropped to eight jingles out of 306 commercials.[3]

Come on... that leaves Empire Carpet, Joe Hadid rug cleaning ..... 

37 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm still DVRing.  Go for a swim- probably means Dean trips over his shoelace and falls into a swimming pool.  When he finally manages to climb out, Sam will have already killed all the werewolves with Mick's help.  Dean will thank him for being there for Sam when he couldn't.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Sure, he could, but, the clip isn't saying Sam can't either. It's a clip of a typical teenager thinking she's got it all figured out and knows how to do things better than the "old" farts. I do think Claire does have a point in that those kids are more likely to let down their guard for her. Doesn't mean she'll be more successful in getting the information they need, though.  In fact, since Claire ends up getting bitten, it might be the reason for this scene is that Claire does a turnaround by the end of the episode, realizes she doesn't know it al

They have to walk a fine line betweean humiliating a teenage girl and teaching a lesson.

If her hubris resulted in her recklessly endangering another person then maybe they would make that a harsh lesson, and even then I'm dubious because they went down a similar road with Randy and the Rapists. Since  Dabb and  Singer think she's a fan favorite, I'm not sure they would go with humiliating her by making her learn yet another harsh lesson.

Ifthey want Claire to gain traction as a badass Hunter they can't have her endanger herself or someone else. If they want to set her up to give up hunting because of the danger or whatever IMO she was bitten by a vampire the last episode she was in so why didnt she stop then?

One of my favorite things about Dean is his ability to find pleasure in the simple things.  Him stuffing his pockets and making Sam deal with the car, so Dean.  Thank you Meredith for showing Dean's quirks in a way that isn't about laughing at the character. 

Hopefully, this clip plus the other is the Dean was see all episode and Dean's not swimming when all the action goes down.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

So, wait. Are we REALLY going to get Dean in the pool? I won't even care if he's wearing a hotel shoppe purchased speedo, which I don't think Dean would wear, but HEY I won't quibble! He did don short shorts after to wash Baby. So...

LOL I love that Dean's all "YAY, little shampoo bottles!". Now, THAT'S  the Dean I know! The Dean who relishes and luxuriates in whatever hotel amenities they can take advantage of like magic fingers massaging beds, and LONG HOT SHOWERS and wrapping his hair in a towel after said LONG HOT SHOWER (@davyperez...just sayin).  Now, it's a little continuity challenged because they have stayed in motels where they have built in hair dryers and little shampoo bottles, but eh, no big.

Edited by catrox14

I am not sure he will go swimming on purpose - or if he does, we will only hear about it and not see it - but maybe tumbles into the pool during some kind of tussle. 

I thought the humor in the clip worked for the most part. Making fun of the BMOL for being luxury-oriented creatures if even their bean counters do victory dances they only have to pay for suites in a 3-star-joint. And it was kind of cute that Mick didn`t even get the reactions and genuinely apologized for the shabby digs. 

The pocket stuffing is stuff I`m not so keen about but it was small and not overly mean-spirited like Perez` jokes. 

That clip was cute, but I'm still not happy about them working with the BMOL, so it's going to take me a while to come around.  I especially don't want them having fun with Mick.  They have to wise up at some point and realize just how evil these guys are, but it's entirely possible that won't happen until next season some time.  Ugh...  In the meantime, I guess I'll just hope for an entertaining episode.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

That clip was cute, but I'm still not happy about them working with the BMOL, so it's going to take me a while to come around.  I especially don't want them having fun with Mick.  They have to wise up at some point and realize just how evil these guys are, but it's entirely possible that won't happen until next season some time.  Ugh...  In the meantime, I guess I'll just hope for an entertaining episode.

Given Dean is shoving him during this episode, I'd say Mick loses quite a few points.  I personally think Mick is less evil and more ignorant.  He's bought into the black & white view of the hunting world but seems very inexperienced.  His sincere apology to Sam and recognition of how bad they screwed up in the Raid, IMO, means Mick is teachable.

• Love 2
Just now, SueB said:

Given Dean is shoving him during this episode, I'd say Mick loses quite a few points.  I personally think Mick is less evil and more ignorant.  He's bought into the black & white view of the hunting world but seems very inexperienced.  His sincere apology to Sam and recognition of how bad they screwed up in the Raid, IMO, means Mick is teachable.

I still side-eye Mick pretty hard and am keeping in my back pocket that he's pretending to be incompetent or inexperienced so that the boys feel like "Oh we have to help these stupid numbnuts and make sure they aren't killed".  I think they are a lot more devious than meets the eye.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm not willing to cut Mick any slack.  He may suck as a hunter himself, but he's not above sending Ketch in to kill innocent people.  He's a killer, just like the rest of them, only he's too cowardly to get his own hands dirty.  If the writers try to whitewash this, I call bullshit. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SueB said:

I agree. I like him as a person more that Ketch, although Ketch might make a more interesting character.

I could be wrong. I often am.

1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm not willing to cut Mick any slack.  He may suck as a hunter himself, but he's not above sending Ketch in to kill innocent people.  He's a killer, just like the rest of them, only he's too cowardly to get his own hands dirty.  If the writers try to whitewash this, I call bullshit. 

This! I totally agree with this.  IMO Mick and Ketch are Good Cop/Bad Cop. 

Like you said, Mick isn't above ordering a kill shot on witnesses. I suspect Mick is the one that ordered every kill that Ketch made. Ketch more or less said it himself; they are good dogs and only come when called. I don't care how much they try to say that Lady WhyAreYouAlive was excitable and doing her own thing, she wasn't operating in a vacuum. 

And seriously, if the show doesn't make mention of what EXACTLY she did to Sam, I'm calling bullshit too.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

This! I totally agree with this.  IMO Mick and Ketch are Good Cop/Bad Cop. 

Like you said, Mick isn't above ordering a kill shot on witnesses. I suspect Mick is the one that ordered every kill that Ketch made. Ketch more or less said it himself; they are good dogs and only come when called. I don't care how much they try to say that Lady WhyAreYouAlive was excitable and doing her own thing, she wasn't operating in a vacuum. 

And seriously, if the show doesn't make mention of what EXACTLY she did to Sam, I'm calling bullshit too.

So, in your viewpoint there's no potential plot where Mick is being shown the error of his ways and becomes Team Winchester?  Because honestly, I think he's halfway there.  Ketch, OTOH, has interacted with the Winchesters and keeps trying to rationalize that they are psychopaths like he is.  Ketch has shown NO change.  

I'm not saying people should like Mick, but I AM saying that the there is a distinct potential that the show is providing him an opportunity to be a changed person.  How many other characters have been changed because they knew Sam and Dean?  A lot.  Yeesh, even Metatron got a redemption moment and he was a Class A Douchebag.  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, SueB said:

So, in your viewpoint there's no potential plot where Mick is being shown the error of his ways and becomes Team Winchester?

You know, at the beginning of the season I was pretty sure Ketch and Mick would end up being redeemed and on Team Winchester, but I'm not so sure now. I waffle on it still, but I wonder if they're setting the stage for war with the Brits next season? 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, SueB said:

So, in your viewpoint there's no potential plot where Mick is being shown the error of his ways and becomes Team Winchester?  Because honestly, I think he's halfway there.  Ketch, OTOH, has interacted with the Winchesters and keeps trying to rationalize that they are psychopaths like he is.  Ketch has shown NO change.  

I'm not saying people should like Mick, but I AM saying that the there is a distinct potential that the show is providing him an opportunity to be a changed person.  How many other characters have been changed because they knew Sam and Dean?  A lot.  Yeesh, even Metatron got a redemption moment and he was a Class A Douchebag.

I can absolutely see the show going this route, but to me, it's all a bit too convenient.  One afternoon of watching Sam in action and Mick has seen the error of his ways?  I'm not buying it. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, SueB said:

I don't think Mick or Ketch deserve a redemption arc. 

But in general I'm tired of the show redeeming their BIG BADS especially evil douchebags like Metatron and Lucifer. 

I hated Metatron getting redemption. Like with the fire of 1000 suns. He stole Cas' grace. He made the angels fall. He stabbed Dean through his heart and killed him dead. (I don't care that he was resurrected as a demon. METATRON MURDERED DEAN WINCHESTER.  He got a big pow wow with Chuck and got to yell at Chuck for being mean to humanity. Sure, Metatron died but he got a hero's death anyway.  NOPE hated it. Will always hate it. I'll never be okay with that.

So for me, the BMoL don't deserve any redemption and that's one of the primary reasons why the entire notion of Mary and Sam joining with them is so awful to me. The BMoL have managed to nearly ruin the whole concept of the Men of Letters because they condone torture as a matter of course; they condone genocide and this viewer finds no joy or fun in the that kind of 'Hunting'. 

YMMV

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Welp.

CDx85Jm.jpg

Mary sinks to a new low.  Sleeping with Ketch (I presume). Just... nope.  Like the actor, not the character.  And PLEASE don't let the boys find out.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Mary sinks to a new low.  Sleeping with Ketch (I presume). Just... nope.  Like the actor, not the character.  And PLEASE don't let the boys find out.  

Welp. This is just about right. WTF Mary.  I sure hope that takes her and Cas off the table.

What the hell are you doing, Mary??

Like of all the men you could be fucking that are in the world, you go with Ketch?? REALLLLLY?

Although, I think I called this awhile back LOL.

Okay trying to give Mary benefit of doubt....maybe she goes to his room, and gets her right mind back...and nopes out?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

So breaking down that preview.

-- Sam and Dean are attacked by Dagon. Kelly is standing behind Sam next the Impala. I think Mary is there in the corner as well

--There is a well dressed lady with a too tight bun telling Mick he's out of control. That's followed by her on the phone to someone saying "assimilate or assassinate". I think maybe some mind control shit is at play again, maybe with Mick. 

--Mary is loading up one of those BMoL weapons and she looks like she definitely is hooking up with Ketch.

--Crowley and Lucifer are weirdly smiling at each other. Like what?

--Some dude is tossing another dude in a trash dumpster. Not sure why but it looks like EILEEN the deaf hunter is going up against him. 

-- Sam and Dean are trying to stop Mick from killing someone but I can't tell if that's Eileen or not.

Mary hooking up with the cold-blooded psycho? I`m shocked. Since the character already couldn`t sink any lower in my estimation, it`s not like that particularly turns me off. It`s just more of "of course". 

• Love 2

I think it's Eileen @catrox14 and Mick's struggle does seem to be exceptionally strong.  I could see Ms Tight Bun using all available resources -- including assimilation techniques involving mind control.

I find this actually a fascinating storyline.  We've got an organization (BMoL) that has been around for centuries and has chosen rigid adherence to a "black and white" philosophy regarding monsters.  They immerse their acolytes in this philosophy from an early age, conditioning them to comply with orders.  I suspect they found individual choice on these grey issues to result in larger uncertainty and increased risk.  They aren't dealing with monsters as sentient beings but as animals to be put down.  Mick must have been a star pupil if he was the one sent over to organize an American take-over. But being smart, Mick is starting to use his own brain and question this long-standing code. 

And now with other hunters, not just Sam and Dean, saying "hey, it's more complicated", they bring in a upper-level enforcer to levy the "assimilate or assassinate" order on those who do not fall in line.  Very totalitarian in nature and one that makes sense.  They THINK they are older and wiser and have handled the messy "grey" by making orders absolute.  They've been in country long enough to start getting a sense of who the hunters are and start giving them a 'comply or die' directive in order to prevent them from corrupting THEIR operatives.  Mick is already corrupted.  

I bet it's Ketch who tattled. Or Mick, still being obedient, wrote up the "success" with Claire and his obvious 'corruption' is what draws attention.

• Love 2

Does anyone have a link to the promo? I tend to turn it off when the credits start rolling and forget sometimes to hang in for the promo.

12 hours ago, SueB said:

Welp.

CDx85Jm.jpg

Oh boy! Since I haven't actually seen the promo, I can still convince myself that she's in Ketch's room for a completely different reason. Hey, maybe she just needed to borrow a cup of sugar? ;)