Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

OMG, this would be amazing. But Dean would never get over it, so, no, I can't wish for it. They already killed Cas and Sam recently, so I doubt it would be either of them. Jack is too popular with the teens (yes, I know, it's not just them). If it's someone he cares about, I'd put my money on one of the Wayward Sisters. They aren't needed for the spinoff now and it would really amp up his guilt and turn even more fans off Dean. So yeah, I'd place my bet there. Maximum angst, Jody or Donna, then Claire, Alex, Patience and Not!Kaia in descending order.

I don't see Dabb killing off his favorite characters.  Jody is a possibility though. 

Dabb said that he found a way to incorporated them organically.  If Jody is killed they would want revenge against Michael.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

If that means no more whining from Sam to therapists about Dean's supposed great relationship with her, I'm all for it.  (Maybe she's asking him if he'd be upset if she canoodled with AU Bobby, since I seriously doubt it's about Dean.  Well, in any good way, anyhow.)

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Discussion time,

Since the show loves angst will Michael kill one of Dean's loved ones and if so who?

I'd like to it to be Mary. 

Heh. As hard as this would be on Dean, this fan would jump for joy at this scenario.

And to be perfectly honest, there isn't anyone on this show who this fan would cry over losing at this point, but IA that if it happened, it would be unlikely to be Sam or Cas, as theirs were the most recent deaths and resurrections.

One of the Waywards is possible, but frankly, even if Mean took out all or most of them, this fan would not lose any sleep over it even while IA that it's unlikely that Dabb would kill off any of them, but even just Jody and/or Donna wouldn't bother me that much and as for any of the teens-I think the one who plays Alex is the best actress, so she would probably be the one to get the ax considering who's running the show these days.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Myrelle said:

And to be perfectly honest, there isn't anyone on this show who this fan would cry over losing at this point, but IA that if it happened, it would be unlikely to be Sam or Cas, as theirs were the most recent deaths and resurrections.

The only character I would miss is Ketch.  I'm really enjoying their developing relationship.  David and Jensen have some great chemistry together.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The only character I would miss is Ketch.  I'm really enjoying their developing relationship.  David and Jensen have some great chemistry together.

I hope they further explore this relationship. I love watching these two interact

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, devlin said:

I hope they further explore this relationship. I love watching these two interact

I could get behind this if they hadn't made Ketch a psychopath because Dean is not a psychopath and IMO Dean would have killed Ketch the minute they found Mary in the UA given Ketch tortured her, and tried to kill them both. 

27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I could get behind this if they hadn't made Ketch a psychopath because Dean is not a psychopath and IMO Dean would have killed Ketch the minute they found Mary in the UA given Ketch tortured her, and tried to kill them both. 

Innocents have died because of Sam and Dean, I guess this doesn't bother me so much.   That and listening to David talk about his character at two cons I've been at.  He thinks Ketch as been humbled as a result of being killed.  For most of his life, he's lived according to the code of the British Men of Letters, but they don't exsist anymore so he's kind of lost and unsure of where to turn.  He doesn't have that structure anymore, sort of like someone who is career Military and retires.  Some have trouble adapting.  David said Ketch wasn't looking for redemption so much as something else to focus on or believe in because right now he's kind of drifting. 

David seems like a really great guy in real life and he has some really interesting insights into his character even though he's only played him a short time.  

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Innocents have died because of Sam and Dean, I guess this doesn't bother me so much.   That and listening to David talk about his character at two cons I've been at.  He thinks Ketch as been humbled as a result of being killed.  For most of his life, he's lived according to the code of the British Men of Letters, but they don't exsist anymore so he's kind of lost and unsure of where to turn.  He doesn't have that structure anymore, sort of like someone who is career Military and retires.  Some have trouble adapting.  David said Ketch wasn't looking for redemption so much as something else to focus on or believe in because right now he's kind of drifting. 

David seems like a really great guy in real life and he has some really interesting insights into his character even though he's only played him a short time.  

I can appreciate the actor having his reasons for why Ketch is who he is, that doesn't change for me how I view the character that much. I enjoy the performance but I prefer him as an antagonist who they use when necessary akin to Crowley.  And certainly not any kind of friend to Dean or Sam.  I don't view Crowley as Dean's friend even if Crowley did LOL

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't view Crowley as Dean's friend even if Crowley did LOL

I do. I think he was one of the few characters that actually respected Dean. And I don't think he ever would have hurt Dean, never mind kill him. Even in S11 when he said he was done with them/him, he didn't, despite multiple opportunities.  At the least they were good frenemies. 

• Love 3

I'll go with frenenimies at best. 

22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And I don't think he ever would have hurt Dean, never mind kill him.

He lured Dean into getting the MoC and turned into a demon, for his purposes. That was pretty hurtful IMO.  I think he's a great character but Dean thinking he's a friend? I dunno.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I must admit I don’t really recall anything to do with Mary but didn’t ketch torture her under orders? And didn’t he kill others coz he was expected to? And I think ketch is one of the few to actually respect dean.

Just now, devlin said:

I must admit I don’t really recall anything to do with Mary but didn’t ketch torture her under orders? And didn’t he kill others coz he was expected to? And I think ketch is one of the few to actually respect dean.

He may or may not have done it under orders. I mean he was an assassin for hire essentially. He killed Mick who wanted to rebel against the BMOL. Even if he did it under orders at that time, he didn't turn from them when he had a chance unlike Mick.  And he was in league with Asmodeus and only went to the Winchesters when Assy beat him to a pulp.  He's not to be trusted and I hope Dean never does. 

ETA: AFAIK, Mick was the one that had the brainwashed from childhood story but I don't remember if Ketch had the same experience or joined later on his own. I would have been okay with Mick being friends with Dean more than Ketch.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

He may or may not have done it under orders. I mean he was an assassin for hire essentially. He killed Mick who wanted to rebel against the BMOL. Even if he did it under orders at that time, he didn't turn from them when he had a chance unlike Mick.  And he was in league with Asmodeus and only went to the Winchesters when Assy beat him to a pulp.  He's not to be trusted and I hope Dean never does. 

ETA: AFAIK, Mick was the one that had the brainwashed from childhood story but I don't remember if Ketch had the same experience or joined later on his own. I would have been okay with Mick being friends with Dean more than Ketch.

Gotta admit Mick didn’t really register with me.  And what I liked in the ep when ketch and dean had their adventure in the woods was that he made no excuses for his behaviour and owned what he had done. And I am at the point where I just enjoy the two actors working together and I don’t particularly care about the story 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'll go with frenenimies at best. 

He lured Dean into getting the MoC and turned into a demon, for his purposes. That was pretty hurtful IMO.  I think he's a great character but Dean thinking he's a friend? I dunno.

I was thinking more post-DemonDean. 

I'm with you on Ketch though. His redemption arc was ridiculously quick. I mean I bought Meg's redemption because it took seasons to happen, not minutes. Totally agree that Jensen and David have good chemistry,  but Dean should've put a bullet in his brain while he was spouting the 'good twin' nonsense. And then salted and burned the body this time.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was thinking more post-DemonDean.

I understand.  I can't ever forget Crowley doing that to Dean. I did like that Dean got one last punch in on him before he died.

I do appreciate the relationship between Dean and Crowley more than Dean and Ketch. I just can't see any reason for Dean or Sam or Mary to not have put a bullet in Ketch's head. Not one. And I'm only interested in Dean and Ketch to root for Dean to kill him LOL

17 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

After their trip to the AU, I'd now miss Ketch, too, but IMO, he hasn't been woobified enough by the writers for the SM fandoms to mourn any loss of him, so I doubt he's  in any danger from Mean. And while the actors bonded terrifically in that episode, I don't see Dean getting broken up over the loss of Ketch any more than he was broken up over the loss of Crowley. And, again IMO, Dabb would always go for the melodramatic as it fits in more with how he wants the show to be perceived now and the audience he's writing to and for more. In that vein, I think it would have to be a loss that was felt by the majority of the characters AND the social medium fandoms-like Kevin or Charlie(but I'm guessing they won't touch that particular Sue character again-not after the SM and even cast reactions the first time, anyway). Claire is a possibility in that vein, I suppose-and the actress has been busy beyond Supernatural, too-and possibly demanding more $ and sl attention(this, especially, if the failed spin-off is anything to go by) than the writers are willing to give her(at least within the confines of the mothership)

I, personally, would still cheer that "loss", but the characters within the show would certainly feel it and likely the SM fandom also.

IDK, maybe there's something wrong with me, but the thought of losing one or two of the Wayward Sisters via Mean is kind of invigorating to me. ;-) 

So it probably won't happen and it will more likely just be random innocents who live Mean will eliminate during his short stint on the show.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

After their trip to the AU, I'd now miss Ketch, too, but IMO, he hasn't been woobified enough by the writers for the SM fandoms to mourn any loss of him, so I doubt he's  in any danger from Mean. And while the actors bonded terrifically in that episode, I don't see Dean getting broken up over the loss of Ketch any more than he was broken up over the loss of Crowley. And, again IMO, Dabb would always go for the melodramatic as it fits in more with how he wants the show to be perceived now and the audience he's writing to and for more. In that vein, I think it would have to be a loss that was felt by the majority of the characters AND the social medium fandoms-like Kevin or Charlie(but I'm guessing they won't touch that particular Sue character again-not after the SM and even cast reactions the first time, anyway). Claire is a possibility in that vein, I suppose-and the actress has been busy beyond Supernatural, too-and possibly demanding more $ and sl attention(this, especially, if the failed spin-off is anything to go by) than the writers are willing to give her(at least within the confines of the mothership)

I, personally, would still cheer that "loss", but the characters within the show would certainly feel it and likely the SM fandom also.

IDK, maybe there's something wrong with me, but the thought of losing one or two of the Wayward Sisters via Mean is kind of invigorating to me. ;-) 

So it probably won't happen and it will more likely just be random innocents who live Mean will eliminate during his short stint on the show.

From a viewer standpoint the only side character I would miss would be Ketch.  But I do agree I don't see Dean losing sleep over him, even if Michael kills him with Dean's meat suit because of all the people he hurt that Dean loves.  If the show had Dean turning into even more of a depressed alcoholic over him, no matter how much I like the character/actor it would be over the top for me. 

From a viewer standpoint, I wouldn't miss any other character.   I like Rowena but they woobiefied her too much for me after episode 19.  I never bought she's be that distraught over Crowley's death.  She hated Crowley.  Whatever is wrong with you must be wrong with me too because it wouldn't bother me if Michael picked off the waywards one by one.  Although storyline wise, why would Michael care about a bunch of teenagers with exactly one partially successful hunt under their belts because they're such a big threat or something.

The only two waywards that have filmed so far are Jody and Kaia.    Kaia was already killed for angst.  While Dean would fell guilty he's not really attached to Kaia.

Dean would be upset over losing Jody.  Jody dying would be an organic way to get the waywards back into the story in the organic manner Dabb mentioned.  *But unless Kim wanted to move on I don't see them killing off Jody. 

While I don't want to see Dean take on any more guilt, killing randoms, would make Dean feel guilty but there has to be something that creates a big emotional impact with viewers.  Random guy number 3 isn't really going to do that. 

*Anyone at Charlotte this weekend?  I wonder what Kim's mood was like.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

I was kind of hoping for some Dean and Michael inside Dean's head scenes.  The wrangling for power, exchanges, - a archangel and a human hunter .  Would be interesting... for me anyway.  They've gone inside heads many times before.  I'd rather that than just showing random flashbacks and Dean could be interacting with maybe Michael's old meat suit rather than his own image.  Which I know is a lot of extra work for Jensen. I don't know if Christian is available, but he certainly has chemistry and can hold his own when up against an actor like Jensen. (Some actors, especially female for some reason, seem to fade into woodwork in scenes with Jensen)

Dean hunting with the likes of Ketch or Benny (or whoever), it's different than with Sam.  More like equals in the foxhole.  Because Dean must protect Sam at all times so their hunts together are unbalanced.  It's interesting to see the brothers interact with others while on a hunt other than each other all the time.  We know their MO.  Dean drives, Sam researches.  They do the FBI bit, then either Sam saves Dean or vice versa. 

But on a hunt with another maybe untrustworthy companion.  It's a bit more of a tension pull for the viewer. And, unlike Sam, Dean trusts no one.

Hope to see more of Ketch and Dean as frenemies (but not Ketch saving Dean all the time) .  The actor seems to get along with everyone on set.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

But on a hunt with another maybe untrustworthy companion.  It's a bit more of a tension pull for the viewer.

I always thought Bucky from the Asa Fox was an interesting character.  (He was the guy that ran away).  Something happens to one of the brothers and the other needs help to find him and for....reasons...Bucky is the only hunter available. 

9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

And, unlike Sam, Dean trusts no one.

I don't agree with this.  Dean would trust Donna, Jody, Cas or Mary to have his back on hunts. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

But on a hunt with another maybe untrustworthy companion.  It's a bit more of a tension pull for the viewer. And, unlike Sam, Dean trusts no one.

I don't agree with this. Dean trusts Castiel with his  life at this point. He went with Castiel to face off against those sand monsters or whatever they were in s13. Dean trusts Jody and Donna IMO. He trusts those who have shown they can be trusted. He trusted Benny.  Sadly, he would also trust Mary but I wouldn't! LOL

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I always thought Bucky from the Asa Fox was an interesting character.  (He was the guy that ran away).  Something happens to one of the brothers and the other needs help to find him and for....reasons...Bucky is the only hunter available. 

In that vein, isn't only Roy or Walt still alive? Maybe one seeks vengeance for whichever one died in the assault on the BMOL because the boys recruited them.  Yes, it was their choice but I think they thought they wouldn't die. And really what did they even know about the BMOL at that point? Sure it would be a redux but I never understood how the boys just accepted them back so easy peasy... and I think that should have been a much longer running issue.  Did whichever didn't survive even get a hunter's funeral? Did other hunters die in that raid? I can't recall. I would be down for more ongoing sub plot that some hunters are not okay with that raid. Make some hunters not happy with the boys again. A subplot with not knowing if the boys can trust other hunters would be interesting IMO. Heh. Maybe that's why Sam has to train the AU refugee rebels to be hunters--because the OG hunters are pissed at the boys. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

While I don't want to see Dean take on any more guilt, killing randoms, would make Dean feel guilty but there has to be something that creates a big emotional impact with viewers.  Random guy number 3 isn't really going to do that.

Well, with Jensen/Dean it's all about the performance and less about sl, IMO. And for that reason, I think the writers feel like they don't have to work that hard on his storylines- which makes JA's talent level a double-edged sword on this show, IMO. Considering how Dean felt after he came back from his hell ordeal, the guilt of killing innocents on the earthly plane could cripple him in some ways, if he allows it to and can't bury it deeply enough. I think this is the story they're going to go for yet again with Dean and while Jensen always kills that type of  subliminal emo stuff, it's the reactions of his loved ones to his pain that usually pisses me off every time they do this; and I don't expect this time to be any different which is the main reason that I wanted live Mean to last a good long time. My greatest fear is that Dabb will turn Dean into a "drooling mess" who can't hold his own on a hunt any more and who has to repeatedly be saved by other characters after Michael exits his body.

I don't think that Dabb has put that much thought into the Mean storyline other than that. I think that Jensen's performance will yet again likely be the only saving grace of the storyline because it will have to be through necessity; and hopefully he'll be able to keep it from just becoming more of the same old, same old where the Dean character is concerned on this show. And he has no control whatsoever over the writing or the acting of the reactions of his loved ones to Dean's trauma. And by that same token, there's only so much any actor can do, if the showrunner doesn't care enough to write much of anything of real substance for any given character within any given storyboard.

I've become very nervous about this storyline after the spoilers that have come out for the season so far, and this mostly because of the inattention to Michael/Dean within those spoilers. On this show and as regards most spoilers for it, no news usually means bad news(or the same old, same old news) for Dean. And I have no trust whatsoever in the thought that they just don't want to give anything away concerning Michael/Dean. Zero trust in that notion, even while I'd simply LOVE! to be proven wrong in that.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, devlin said:

(Quoting Catrox)

Recently, I saw a video in which a psychologist indicated that the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that a psychopath is born and a sociopath is made.  I think Ketch falls into the latter category.  If he grew up in the culture of the BMoL, which IMO definitely was designed to raise a bunch of sociopaths, if he was inculcated from childhood--well, what can be made can be unmade, and I think that's what we've been seeing.  And I think Dean is a part of that; I agree with other posters that Ketch respects Dean.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Recently, I saw a video in which a psychologist indicated that the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that a psychopath is born and a sociopath is made.  I think Ketch falls into the latter category.  If he grew up in the culture of the BMoL, which IMO definitely was designed to raise a bunch of sociopaths, if he was inculcated from childhood--well, what can be made can be unmade, and I think that's what we've been seeing.  And I think Dean is a part of that; I agree with other posters that Ketch respects Dean.

ITA with this, at this point in the story. And I further think that it's possibly what happened with Crowley and demonhood, to a degree, also.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Potential titles

Supernatural - Episode 14.08 - Byzantium
Supernatural - Episode 14.09 - The Spear
Supernatural - Episode 14.10 - Nihilism
Supernatural - Episode 14.11 - Damaged Goods

Maybe The Spear will finally give us a mention of Michael's lance. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/09/supernatural-episode-1408-1411-titles.html

Those titles hold a lot of potential to further the Michael/Dean storyline. I just hope that it won't be wasted potential once again. *fingers crossed*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Potential titles

Oh wow, those titles actually sound serious and "epic". An episode literally titled Nihilism? Ha, sign me up. Damaged Goods and The Spear are also pretty intriguing. I wonder if Byzantium refers to Michael's growing followers.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Potential titles

If 14.09 turns out to be about the ‘Spear of Destiny’ that was seen in S8 when Dean was looking at the relics in the bunker for the first time, I’m totally claiming partial credit for that twist.  At the SDCC autographs, I asked Dabb about ‘Chekov’s spear’ and when it is going to show back up.  He claimed he had forgotten about laying that out there and would have to revisit it.  

I’ve been waiting for that spear to show back up since the S8 DVD special on The Bunker/Men of  Letters.  That was back when Glass was Head writer, Carver was showrunner, and Dabb was just one of the veteran writers.  Dabb was featured heavily in that special feature and he talked a lot about that spear.  

ETA: Inwonder if the Michael possession is still ‘on’ till 14.10/11

Edited by SueB
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Do you mean possessing Dean or someone else till until 14.10? Seems like most of the spoilers are pointing towards it being done for Dean by 14.5. Or are you thinking it will be the flashbacks until 14.10?

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Do you mean possessing Dean or someone else till until 14.10? Seems like most of the spoilers are pointing towards it being done for Dean by 14.5. Or are you thinking it will be the flashbacks until 14.10?

I’m not sure what the mix (flashbacks vs possession) but I think the Michael story is ‘on’ til mid season.  

‘Nihilism’ sounds like where Michael is headed (mentally) and ‘Damaged Goods’ sounds like a Dean metaphor post possession.  Could be wrong, could be something completely unrelated.  Spoiler titles are often more obscure.  So, I’m not positive of anything. 

15 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

We already know there will be flashbacks those episodes won't be completely without Dean.

I don't think it's been verified when flashbacks start that I know of.

2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I don't think it's been verified when flashbacks start that I know of.

There have been sightings of Jared and Jensen filming together for episode 4.

Also I follow Jason Fischer on Twitter and he posts the scenes their filming.  He recently answered a question that scene number like A13  and 13 mean part of the scene could take place at a different location, either the other end of a phone call or a flash back.  I've noticed this over the last couple of eps so I think its a safe bet Dean's back midway through ep 3 with flashbacks beginning in ep four.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There have been sightings of Jared and Jensen filming together for episode 4.

Also I follow Jason Fischer on Twitter and he posts the scenes their filming.  He recently answered a question that scene number like A13  and 13 mean part of the scene could take place at a different location, either the other end of a phone call or a flash back.  I've noticed this over the last couple of eps so I think its a safe bet Dean's back midway through ep 3 with flashbacks beginning in ep four.

Yeah I still think its possible Dean still has Michael in him and has him repressed thru SPN magic as we all discussed on how Dabb talks about Sam later in season gets interaction with Michael SAFELY.  You may be right but to me at least that's not settled.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm pretty psyched by that article. Sounds like Jensen is kicking it in the ass and we can expect to see a ton of Michael!Dean. I get it being different not having Dean to write for and it makes sense that's a challenge. 

Dabb basically called Michael!Dean the Big Bad of the season. Not Michael, but Michael!Dean, since he's talking about Jensen being different from the other actors who've played Big Bads. It feels as if he's talking about the long term, unless having just one/two episodes without Dean is such an ordeal that he has to publicly lament it. I'm still cautiously intrigued.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

Dabb basically called Michael!Dean the Big Bad of the season. Not Michael, but Michael!Dean, since he's talking about Jensen being different from the other actors who've played Big Bads. It feels as if he's talking about the long term, unless having just one/two episodes without Dean is such an ordeal that he has to publicly lament it. I'm still cautiously intrigued.

I would love for it to be long term but I've been disappointed too many times by these guys. I'm not counting on it.

6 hours ago, SueB said:

If 14.09 turns out to be about the ‘Spear of Destiny’ that was seen in S8 when Dean was looking at the relics in the bunker for the first time, I’m totally claiming partial credit for that twist.  At the SDCC autographs, I asked Dabb about ‘Chekov’s spear’ and when it is going to show back up.  He claimed he had forgotten about laying that out there and would have to revisit it.  

I’ve been waiting for that spear to show back up since the S8 DVD special on The Bunker/Men of  Letters.  That was back when Glass was Head writer, Carver was showrunner, and Dabb was just one of the veteran writers.  Dabb was featured heavily in that special feature and he talked a lot about that spear.  

LOL, if that's all it takes to get Dabb to write something, imma be on a plane to LA tomorrow.  :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

LOL, if that's all it takes to get Dabb to write something, imma be on a plane to LA tomorrow.  :)

I'd be with you if I thought it would have anything to do with Dean. Lol!

• Love 1
On 9/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, catrox14 said:

I don't agree with this. Dean trusts Castiel with his  life at this point.

I don't believe Dean trusts willy nilly.  Especially at first meeting.  He's leery to the extreme. It's his MO IMO. And I don't know that he completely trusts Castiel.  He tells him not to do anything stupid when he goes off somewhere.  Let's face it, Cas is not the sharpest knife in the drawer at the best of times.  Plus Cas has let him down or lied or put him in danger over the course of the series.

But we all see  things differently. And admittedly I'm not a big Cas fan ( I was at first).

I'd really love if the relics in the bunker could feature more in story lines.  Otherwise why was everyone so keen to get inside, plus the bunker is kind of redundant unless they make it special.  It contains a wealth of artifacts that could be fun.

It's not so much challenging for them to write episodes without Dean... it's challenging because they have to write a new character played by Jensen.  They can't just rely on the actor to do some Deanisms to fulfill the plot. They're out of their comfort zone and have to actually be creative and fresh.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

He tells him not to do anything stupid when he goes off somewhere.  Let's face it, Cas is not the sharpest knife in the drawer at the best of times.  Plus Cas has let him down or lied or put him in danger over the course of the series.

To me, that's the same thing as when Dean tells Sam "don't get dead".  That's Deanspeak for "I care about you. Don't get yourself hurt". 

Without going into their entire history here,I feel pretty confident in saying that, canonically, Dean has forgiven Cas' mistakes and poor choices, and occasionally despite those things, he considers Cas as family. IMO, Dean  put the highest level of trust he can put in another person by asking him to look after Sam which he did with Cas at the end of s11 when he didn't think he would survive the soul bomb. 

Now, whether or not Dean should trust Cas is up to the viewer but I think it's more than fair to say that Dean trusts Cas with his life and with Sam's.

I think Dean is going to be trusting that Cas, and Sam, and Jack,  are going to do whatever they can to get him out of AU Michael.  What I don't want to see is any kind of redux of Cas feeling betrayed by Dean a la season 5.  The writers better have it be that Cas appreciates the sacrifice Dean made to help save Jack and the world from Lucifer. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Without going into their entire history here,I feel pretty confident in saying that, canonically, Dean has forgiven Cas' mistakes and poor choices, and occasionally despite those things, he considers Cas as family. IMO, Dean  put the highest level of trust he can put in another person by asking him to look after Sam which he did with Cas at the end of s11 when he didn't think he would survive the soul bomb. 

Now, whether or not Dean should trust Cas is up to the viewer but I think it's more than fair to say that Dean trusts Cas with his life and with Sam's.

I tend to agree with this. But if the three of them don't have some kind of identifying code word (a la Poughkeepsie) that they randomly challenge each other with at this point, then they need a good smack upside their heads. :)

14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What I don't want to see is any kind of redux of Cas feeling betrayed by Dean a la season 5.  The writers better have it be that Cas appreciates the sacrifice Dean made to help save Jack and the world from Lucifer. 

If we get through 14x01 without the words (or first-line synonyms) of reckless and/or foolish and/or selfish being uttered with regard to Dean, I will eat both of our hats.

• Love 3