Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

It's not you. I had the exact same reaction.  Thanks for bring over Day's tweet. That was my thought; shouldn't he be calling her?  Kinda an obnoxious comment by Singer. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 2

Sneak peek on Live withKelly:

- Kitchen scene: Dean come in, notices a pie from the bakery sitting there, tells Sam about 2 mysterious death related to spontaneous combustion. 

Question: Did Sam buy a PIE for Dean?  If so, D'Awwwe. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, SueB said:

Kitchen scene: Dean come in, notices a pie from the bakery sitting there, tells Sam about 2 mysterious death related to spontaneous combustion. 

Well, at least we know Sam won't spontaneously combust, since he gets toxic after eating half a burrito, according to Dean.  Amirite, @AwesomO4000?  ;-)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I wonder if Mary sent it via Amazon Drone delivery...

That would be nice. But it would also be nice if Sam ACTUALLY bought Dean a pie as a 'everything is okay' gesture.  I hope so. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, SueB said:

That would be nice. But it would also be nice if Sam ACTUALLY bought Dean a pie as a 'everything is okay' gesture.  I hope so. 

Nooooooooo!!!! I'm already terrified that Dean is gonna die since he got his Mom AND pie! Pie from Sam is like the nail in the coffin!

But seriously though, Sam's inability to procure pie for Dean, even when he promises, is one of the best running gags the show has done. I hope it never ends.

• Love 2

It looks like episode 1211 (that they're filming right now) is going to be the "yellow fever"episode. Jared briefly talked about it at the end of this interview.

Edited by goldy
  • Love 1

If so I hope it is humour derived from the situation and not at the character`s expense. Joss Whedon once did it masterfully in "Hush", some of the funniest moments of the show and some of the creepiest. I`m not expecting anything of that caliber but at least more in that vein than Yellow Fever. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If so I hope it is humour derived from the situation and not at the character`s expense. Joss Whedon once did it masterfully in "Hush", some of the funniest moments of the show and some of the creepiest. I`m not expecting anything of that caliber but at least more in that vein than Yellow Fever. 

I just want to know who wrote the episode, gosh darnit! Once I know that I can properly set my expectations.  I keep hoping for a stealth Edlund episode to show up LOL

(edited)

A few spoilers:

Part 2 has info too, just let it play.  They have no real plans for archangels or Charlie but would like both back (note: Felicia Day said she was "waiting by her phone" on twitter so Bob rang a little false there).  They are looking (at the infancy stage) at Wayward Daughters.  No plans for more psychic stuff this year.  That was a one off (confirmed by Davy Perez in a different interview where he said she was born with it).  Bob is definitely energized by the conventions (see the end of the J2 Main panel). ETA: I think there may be a slight indication Mary is still around as of the episode they are currently filming based on Jared's comment about his Mom... but it's not definitive in any way shape or form.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           SueB conspiracy theory (and I'm REALLY out there folks): I think J2 (and maybe Jensen more than Jared) are super attached to Bob Singer.  Although the crowd really gave him good questions and ate up his appearance, this is not the usual guest.  So, I'm guessing that the boys may have pushed for Bob to go because they want to keep him motivated.  Honestly, I think it's a good thing.  He's so very out of touch with the crowd (see last year's JIBCON gaffes), I think the more crowd exposure, the better. He even owned up to killing Charlie this year (which is true).  I'm just wondering (again PURE SPECULATION) if the boys are taking him to conventions to keep him energized.  He's apparently tried to walk away before. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SueB said:

SueB conspiracy theory (and I'm REALLY out there folks): I think J2 (and maybe Jensen more than Jared) are super attached to Bob Singer.  Although the crowd really gave him good questions and ate up his appearance, this is not the usual guest.  So, I'm guessing that the boys may have pushed for Bob to go because they want to keep him motivated.  Honestly, I think it's a good thing.  He's so very out of touch with the crowd (see last year's JIBCON gaffes), I think the more crowd exposure, the better. He even owned up to killing Charlie this year (which is true).  I'm just wondering (again PURE SPECULATION) if the boys are taking him to conventions to keep him energized.  He's apparently tried to walk away before. 

Why would they be so attached to him, do you think?

Did he have a big hand in hiring them or something?

(edited)
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

Did he have a big hand in hiring them or something?

Not at all. When they tell their hiring stories he's not mentioned. But he's been with the show for 12 years.  I also get the impression he's up in Vancouver either a lot or all the time.  I think last year he took a step back but this year he's more involved. Or at least by job title he is.  

Ancient Paylefest video where Singer and Kripke explain their roles.  

So Singer here is credited with emphasizing 'character' and Kripke is more story. Presuming this is accurate, I can see why the boys love him.  He gives them the actor moments and frankly, the show has made 12 years due to 'character' more than plot IMO. 

Edited by SueB
5 hours ago, rue721 said:

I think it's just because he has a different relationship with Jared and Jensen than the fans do. When Kim Manners died, Bob ended up in Vancouver a lot to pick up some of what Manners had been doing. They've worked very long hours together for 12 years; it builds a sort of kinship and loyalty. And quite frankly, I think Bob is probably a fun guy on a personal level. I think he has a dry sense of humor and his curmudgeon ways would charm me too. It probably doesn't hurt he's been very supportive of Jared and Jensen over the years; he was there helping Jensen's through his first stint as director, he's been there when they got married and he was there when their kids were born. It's a long time to work with someone so closely and not get attached. 

Personally, I think Singer talks out of ass most the time and tells the audience what he thinks will make them happy, but a lot of it just hooey, if you ask me. I think he was essential to the show back in the day. He provided a much needed counterpoint to Kripke and I think he still was being challenged back then. I'm not sure he really is so essential anymore. Plus, I think he's gotten too comfortable over the years.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4

Jensen is such a dork.  But my big takeaway is that Nina Corrado is directing and YAY because as much as Red Meat was a ridiculous script IMO, I thought she did a great job directing.

Also, thanks Diane for bringing that over and I'm bringing over Jensen's tweet which I thought was sweet.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, SueB said:

New picks form Hunter's funeral ep

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2016/11/09/supernatural-photos-s12e06-celebrating-the-life-of-asa-fox/?slide=1

Mary! Jodi! Mary AND Jodi! Billie!  Billie stay away from Mary and Jodi!  

There are three bodies on that pure.  I wonder if the BMOL is killing hunters?  

Not good when we see Billie! She's probably there for Mary. I rather for Mary than Jodi to be honest.

Tonibaloney was asking Sam if he thought hunters were compromised, so it seems like they are taking into their own hands.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, SueB said:

There are three bodies on that pure.  I wonder if the BMOL is killing hunters?

I thought it was demons coming after the hunters

8 minutes ago, Boopsahoy said:

Not good when we see Billie! She's probably there for Mary. I rather for Mary than Jodi to be honest.

I'm not sure why Billie wouldn't have shown up in the bunker before now if she wanted Mary. She's not warded from it.   I think she's there to take the hunter.

• Love 2

I google translated this and its says: 

Do you have some time for me...
Then I sing a song for you ...

ETA - according to some German posters on twitter, this is an anti war song from the 80s.

Edited by goldy
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, goldy said:
41 minutes ago, goldy said:

Well, Mr. Dabb, if you want me to be gentle with your new writer, I'll need the following:

1)  Do not kill Aaron Bass nor his Golem nor make them full on enemies of the boys
2)
Make sure neither brother goes missing for 20 minutes with no explanation
3) Do NOT  kill Aaron Bass nor his Golem 
4) Sam is not tied up to a chair
3) DO NOT KILL Aaron Bass nor his Golem
5) Dean does not have food hanging out of his mouth

6) DO.NOT.KILL.AARON. BASS. NOR.HIS.GOLEM

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

http://tvline.com/2016/11/10/supernatural-spoilers-season-12-episode-5-hitler-the-thule-return/

“We believe they may have been in possession of a cursed object of sorts that might have a bit of Hitler’s soul,” star Jared Padalecki previewed during TVLine’s visit to the Supernatural set in Vancouver.

*giggle snort*  Hitler made Horcruxes?  Who would have guessed?  ;-)

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 4

SUPERNATURAL: Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles on the Thule’s Return, the British Men of Letters and Sam’s Powers

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2016/11/10/supernatural-jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-interview-spoilers-s12e05/

The Thule Society was first introduced in season 8 of SUPERNATURAL. According to show lore, the organization originated in Europe, had access to magic, and was sponsored by the Nazi party in its early days. The Winchesters and their allies have managed to defeat the Thule twice now, most recently in the episode “The Vessel”, when a female member of the Men of Letters prevented the Thule from getting the Hand of God — a magical artifact with tremendous power.

The Winchesters will be doing battle with the Thule Society again in this week’s episode when they learn that the Thule are attempting to resurrect its old leader.

During a visit to Vancouver last week*, SUPERNATURAL stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles (joined by Misha Collins), spoke to journalists about this week’s episode, the  legacy of Sam’s psychic powers, the methods of the British Men of Letters, and how the boys are still trying to reconnect with their resurrected mother.

Winchesters vs. Thules. “We find out that the Thule, who are back….we believe they may have been in control or in possession of a cursed object of sorts that might have a bit of Hitler’s soul,” Padalecki teased. “And they’re trying to do a Jurassic Park and take the amber out of the tree sap and the mosquito DNA or whatever. Obviously we don’t know how it’s going and so we have to kind of go back and track the Thule and figure out if, in fact, they have succeeded. Though Hitler’s vessel, thankfully, is gone.” However, while Hitler’s vessel may be gone, you should expect to see the “SUPERNATURAL take on what Hitler was really like behind the camera.”

Sam’s Powers. Sam hasn’t used his psychic powers in many years, but the last episode brought them to the forefront when he found another psychic — Magda — who was punished by her deeply religious family for the abilities she was unable to control. Sam managed to get through to her rage by recounting his own experience with the same types of powers. But that doesn’t mean that these abilities will be returning, according to Padalecki. His conversation with Magda was about connecting with her and trying to get her to look past her desire for revenge: “I don’t think it’s something he feels is going to come back or he’s hoping will come back. I think he probably – even though there were obvious benefits, I think he’s probably hoping it doesn’t come back, but he acknowledges it. He considers it part of himself.”

The British Men of Letters. At the end of the last episode we met the mysterious Mr. Ketch, who is cleaning up the “messes” that the Winchesters leave behind. While the pair chose to let psychic Magda live and repair her life after she was held captive by her own mother, Ketch and the British MOL executed her. This is a storyline that will continue to plague the brothers, according to Ackles: “It’s interesting, we’re going to see that storyline get fleshed out in the second half of the season. There’s gonna be some recruitment attempts, some disagreements about methods of hunting, and that will certainly boil to a point. But as of right now, [the British MOL] are trying their method of trying to include us by showing that they have a superior method of dealing with these things than we do, and they’re trying to get us on board with that. But I think we’ll find out in the future that maybe their methods aren’t the best way.” Padalecki called back to an older storyline, saying that it felt familiar in these circumstances: “For me it’s reminiscent of season 6 when Sam was soulless and kind of behaved much the same way the British Men of Letters are behaving now, or at least in their hunting tactics and Dean was obviously not, so it’s fun to revisit that.”

Reconnecting with Mom. In the last episode we also saw the brothers try to deal with losing Mary all over again. This time their mother chose to take a bit of space away from her boys in order to deal with being overwhelmed after recently being brought back to life.  The brothers dealt with this fresh loss in different ways — Sam was understanding of Mary’s need for space, but Dean felt incredibly hurt by her decision. By the end of the episode he seemed more accepting of it when he received a text from Mary saying that she would always be their mother and that she loved them both.  But the awkwardness will continue as the boys struggle to learn the real life person behind the mythical figure Mary has been all their lives. Ackles explained that “There are certainly two different relationships going on, from Sam’s perspective and then from my perspective as well, or rather Dean’s perspective. Because Sam never had a relationship with mom. He was an infant. And Dean didn’t have much of one either. A lot of what he knows and what he remembers about his mother was kind of dictated to him by his father. It’s more his father’s memories of her than it is Dean’s established memories of her. But it’s unique because she’s their mother, but she’s also kind of a stranger. Obviously the brothers are strangers to her as well, which is why you see this struggle to find their footing in the relationship because it is a forced situation. And at least from Dean’s perspective, he doesn’t really know how to fit. He doesn’t know how to categorize the relationship. It’s an awkward thing which I think lends itself to good story.”

• Love 1

I think what Dean wants right now way more than pie is space. And he is just not getting it. I hope we`re not in for another lecture episode. I want him to be allowed to handle some things on his own terms already.

• Love 1

BOOOOOOO!!!!! They ruined the running gag! BOOO!!!!!! GRRRRR I dislike that very much.

I think Sam is being kind of jerk now. Leave Dean alone, Sam. He's told you he's processing. Let him process, FFS. What is Sam trying to accomplish at that this point?

34 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Dean is obviously possessed by something evil...no other explanation! ;)

Maybe Sam is the one possessed because he actually got Dean his pie. WTF? BOO I say, BOO!!!!

I think Sam is just trying to make it better, he doesn't want his older brother hurting.  He is doing what he can to try and help him. Right or wrong I think his intentions are good.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, goldy said:

I wonder if this woman, talking to Mary in this pic, is BMOL. She's not dressed like a hunter.

SN1206B-0029b.jpg

I am thinking she's the witch that raised the brother/sister hunter duo.  A witch wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing hunter clothes!

• Love 1
Just now, pixelcat said:

I am thinking she's the witch that raised the brother/sister hunter duo.  A witch wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing hunter clothes!

It's possible.

Mary would probably be interested in how she (the witch) feels about both her kids being hunters as Mary is obviously struggling to accept the fact that Sam and Dean are.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It didn't work here but I loved when Den won at Rock, Paper, Scissors.  Sometimes ruining the gag makes for a great scene.

The Rock Paper Scissors thing works because we know Dean will right back to throwing scissors.  But they can't really go back to Sam never getting Dean pie and having the joke work anymore.

4 minutes ago, Diane said:

I think Sam is just trying to make it better, he doesn't want his older brother hurting.  He is doing what he can to try and help him. Right or wrong I think his intentions are good.

Getting Dean the pie is a nice gesture and IMO shows him trying to cheer him up.

Getting in Dean's face and saying "Are you really?" in a rather obnoxious tone of voice IMO, is not respecting Dean's space.  Sam is now badgering Dean. 

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

The Rock Paper Scissors thing works because we know Dean will right back to throwing scissors.  But they can't really go back to Sam never getting Dean pie and having the joke work anymore.

Getting Dean the pie is a nice gesture and IMO shows him trying to cheer him up.

Getting in Dean's face and saying "Are you really?" in a rather obnoxious tone of voice IMO, is not respecting Dean's space.  Sam is now badgering Dean. 

Agree to disagree, I don't think he is badgering Dean, but YMMV and all that.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Diane said:

I agree. I think Sam is being really sweet actually caring about his brother like that and even remembers, the first time ever! to bring him pie lol.

• Love 1

It`s often in TV that "talking things out" is presented as the only healthy coping mechanism for anything. As someone who likes to be left alone and process stuff on my own for a while - and if I`m moody for a bit, then let me be moody, I need this then - I can say from personal experience that it is super-annoying when someone of the "talk things out" crowd hounds you. It doesn`t help me to talk and no amount of projecting that on me changes that. Both methods are valid, it just depends on how the individual person rolls. 

I would love for Dean to say "obviously I`m not alright with it but I don`t want to share and care either so lets drop it". And then it gets dropped. Ha, I wish. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

True but, who knows maybe the scene goes on with Dean grabbing the pie as soon as Sam leaves the room. Or keeps eyeing up the pie for the rest of the scene

• Love 2
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

True but, who knows maybe the scene goes on with Dean grabbing the pie as soon as Sam leaves the room. Or keeps eyeing up the pie for the rest of the scene

There's another shoort vid of the rest of this scene where Dean is eyeing the pie.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The Rock Paper Scissors thing works because we know Dean will right back to throwing scissors. 

Hee. Actually they did something even funnier - I just saw "Time After Time..." from season 7 (After Dean won in the Titanic episode, but maybe before he won in real time? I forget now which episode that was that he won for real.) and we don't see what they throw, but Dean mutters "how can paper beat rock?"... meaning even though he changed tactics and threw rock instead of scissors... Dean still lost. Hee! Because of course if Dean didn't throw scissors, he'd throw rock, and if Sam could tell Dean was going to change from scissors, paper would be the best one to throw (since only scissors beats paper) since the worst Sam could do was tie (with another paper) if he knew Dean wasn't gonna throw his usual scissors.

• Love 2