Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

From Blind Gossip:  http://blindgossip.com/?p=77925#more-77925

For those of you who thought that the dismissal of a certain TV star didn’t make any sense, this should provide some insight!

[The Show’s Creator] is the one who kept everything together all these years. Even though he knew [Lead Actor] hated [Lead Actress], [Creator] was in charge and he always did what was right for the show. He knew that putting [the lead characters] together as a couple worked as a story line and he kept everybody in line professionally and didn’t allow their petty personal bullsh*t get in the way.

As soon as [Creator] left, that’s when the trouble started. [Lead Actor] felt like this was now HIS show, and he told the producers that he wanted to move it in a different direction. Of course that meant dumping [Lead Actress]!

All that crap they’re putting out about how it was a budget decision and how much she will be missed, etc.? Ha ha ha ha! Total bulls*t!

[Lead Actor] hated her, he wanted her out, so she’s out. Simple as that. Yeah, he’s just shot himself in the foot… and f*cked over the entire cast and crew… and probably killed the entire show… but he thinks he’s won!

Sounds like a hollow-point victory to us!

Sure sounds as if this is referring to Castle. 

Well, it's weird that details start to come out now, but the rumor that they don't get along has been around for years. And I gotta say that Nathan's behavior since the news broke support those details. 

He's never ever seemed enthusiastic about Caskett, the show has started to focus on him, that emotionless PR statement about Stana and he's fav'ed a tweet that said a Beckett-less show can work (who is he kidding?). Certainly adds up.

For those of you who thought that the dismissal of a certain TV star didn’t make any sense, this should provide some insight!

[The Show’s Creator] is the one who kept everything together all these years. Even though he knew [Lead Actor] hated [Lead Actress], [Creator] was in charge and he always did what was right for the show. He knew that putting [the lead characters] together as a couple worked as a story line and he kept everybody in line professionally and didn’t allow their petty personal bullsh*t get in the way.

As soon as [Creator] left, that’s when the trouble started. [Lead Actor] felt like this was now HIS show, and he told the producers that he wanted to move it in a different direction. Of course that meant dumping [Lead Actress]!

All that crap they’re putting out about how it was a budget decision and how much she will be missed, etc.? Ha ha ha ha! Total bulls*t!

[Lead Actor] hated her, he wanted her out, so she’s out. Simple as that. Yeah, he’s just shot himself in the foot… and f*cked over the entire cast and crew… and probably killed the entire show… but he thinks he’s won!

Hate is such a strong word. If there is a season [Number], things will get much worse for the brand given the way the network handled [Lead Actress] being released from the show. After all the criticism of [show Runner], he did his best to trash the [Female Lead] character.  Job well done by ABC and that prick [Lead Actor].

Edited by VinceW

This could all be true, but funny how all of these "blind item details" come out AFTER the shit has hit the fan already.

Oh, I don't necessarily think it's true, but it is clearly meant to be about Castle.

I expect more blind items trashing Stana to appear shortly. Really sad.

Edited by KaveDweller

This is actually pretty plausible, IMO, especially the part with the old showrunner who had things more under control and who always came across as if he had more of a soft spot for SK than NF. So Beckett was much more front and centre when he was in charge and very much in the background once he had left. 

Nonetheless, if all of this was truly NF's doing, he must have felt extremely screwed over by SK at one point. Otherwise, given his reputation, this doesn't add up one bit.

I was just coming here to bring that.

I think that once the news hit, it became big news, and the gossip sites probably started

putting out feelers to find out what happened,

and that's why there''s all of a sudden a flurry of

info.

Some of their blinds are more blind than others, but I think they do this to protect themselves legally. Not naming names until it becomes "official."

Here's the thing for me. I've worked on a studio lot, and what I've discovered is that when you

hear one rumor from one source, it could be

sour grapes from one person. But it you hear

something multiple times, consistently, from

multiple sources for years on end, there has to

be at least some truth to the rumor. I've talked to

average joes personally who've worked on sets

and had no stake in the matter, and again, I've

come to realize if a rumor is consistent and

lengthy, it's usually true.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm painting Nathan as a mustache-twirling villain or anything. But I do believe, through seeing with my own eyes, the onscreen awkwardness, coupled with something I've never seen, where the two leads never do

promo together, leads me to believe these two

were not on the best of terms.

The problem with gossip is it's like a game of " Telephone." There are seeds of truth especially in the consistent rumors, but they get greatly exaggerated. I'll cite that blind item from 2009 as an example. I think it's plausible that Nathan and Stana had an argument on the set, but I highly doubt Nathan used the " c" word among other things.

In theory, maybe you're all right. It is lazy. But...

Look at the ratings for the show at the beginning of the season. Offliners likely didn't know about the upcoming split, and the premiere was still low. Some is natural age. However, S7 also had no cliffhanger.

The show lost viewers after the S6 finale and that one had a huge cliffhanger. And I have to admit, I understand why. They spent an entire season building up to the wedding and then what do we get? Now, I have no idea who was responsible for the cliffhanger, I've heard that MilMar didn't want to have a wedding at all. I don't know if that's true and if they actually said so in an interview. All I know is that MilMar weren't showrunners anymore after S6. I find the timing odd. All of the actors had 7-year contracts, and the way MilMar had "operated" up until then you'd think that they had a 7-year-story laid out. But even if MilMar didn't want the wedding, then I believe they had a plan, just like they had a plan for all of the other seasons and if left to their own devices, I think S7 would have been satisfactory, even if we had had to wait a whole more season for a wedding.

Or maybe ABC stepped in and told them to do the cliffhanger and they adjusted their plans accordingly. We'll probably never know.

Fact is, that it's really odd to start and set up a new mystery after 6 seasons when contracts are for 7. Did MilMar actually want to end it after 6?

I felt that S7 was all over the place - up until then a season seemed to follow a thread - Castle's and Beckett's relationship was going somewhere. From Beckett being upset over accepting Castle as her partner to tentatively admitting her feelings for him to herself in S2, from being friends to Beckett falling in love with Castle in S3, from that to the kiss in S4, the realtionship to proposal in S5. A wedding in S6 would really have been the logical conclusion. Either way, I felt that thread was gone in S7. We touched on so many things - the disappearance, the wedding and honeymoon, the PI arc, the closure of 3XK, Beckett wanting more out of her career. Hawley/Winter tried to bring that thread back. They didn't choose a good way to go about it, but they tried. And that leads me to believe that they had plans which they couldn't do for any number of reasons (contract conditions, ABC, who knows).

But it's a fact that Castle lost viewers after S6 and then S7 didn't really help bring those viewers back and the way they handled S8 made it even worse. I don't think it's the relationship which hurt the show. I believe it's how it was handled and especially how S7 was handled.

Well, it's weird that details start to come out now, but the rumor that they don't get along has been around for years. And I gotta say that Nathan's behavior since the news broke support those details. 

He's never ever seemed enthusiastic about Caskett, the show has started to focus on him, that emotionless PR statement about Stana and he's fav'ed a tweet that said a Beckett-less show can work (who is he kidding?). Certainly adds up.

A) Fillion is in the middle of negotiating. And B) apart from the fact that his was an official statement, he doesn't really act any different than any of the other actors since the news broke. And he kind of had to stick to an official statement since he's negotiating. But none of the other actors have said they'd not be back out of a principle or anything along those lines.

And there's a difference between not getting along and hating one another. I can believe that they're not getting along; as a matter of fact, Tim Daly recently said in reference to Madam Secretary that he thinks it's great that he and Leoni have chemistry and get along because often, when you have chemistry with someone you don't get along. (Kind of odd, if you think about it). So, that sounds like it's entirely possible that Fillion and Katic didn't get along. But they're both adults and I have a hard time believing that it's as bad as it's made out to be.

• Love 1

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: What are you hearing about how Beckett will exit Castle? —Kristen
Ausiello: Several things. And all of them are… um… less than ideal. Also, you can probably count on Season 9, which has not officially been ordered yet, kicking off with a significant time jump.

Many gossip site articles are paid by actors/actresses publicists to make them look good and other person look bad.  Can't take any of them seriously.I

If there is a Season 9 (and I'm not sure there should be), I don't see any way around a time-jump.

I think a big part of SK and NF's public relationship or lack there of is to keep the Stanathan crazies at bay.    Bad enough Stana has her crazy stalkers and death threats,  could you imagine what they would have to deal with if they were seen at each other's houses or at Jon's restaurant or at one of Seamus' things?   (Nathan and Kris fight for Stana!   Stana has to choose between the men she loves garbage....etc..)  

As far as onset drama....I didn't see it on the screen, so who cares?

The time jump only reinforces my belief that they will kill Beckett off.

Given how SK feels about the Beckett character, this scenario is not only devastating for the fans who care a lot about the character but almost feels like giving the  actress the finger. Castle will have mourned offscreen for a couple of years and will be his bumbling idiot self in the premier and the significance of Beckett will be forgotten and ignored for the rest of the run of the show. New lows.

• Love 6

Matt Mitovich seems to be trying to warn us:

.@MattMitovich Is the url of your TVline article (re #Castle S8 finale) a spoiler by itself? http://twitter.com/BecklebeeCastle/status/722872760544796673/photo/1

I haven't watched the last couple of episodes and have fallen pretty much out of love with the show, but this makes me sad.

And I can't even begin to imagine how SK must feel, given how invested she was in her character. Shame on whoever made that decision.

• Love 4

Maybe she'll get stabbed in a dirty alley like her mother. "Fun," right?! Castle trying to solve her murder could be the launching point for season 9.

Lance can get caught in the crossfire, but nobody will bother to do an autopsy let alone find her killer.

This all makes me feel sick. They really couldn't have destroyed the show more if they tried.

• Love 9

If they're smart, they'll leave the door open for Stana to return as a guest star in the season/series finale. This season could end with her mysteriously going missing, or presumed dead, only for her to return for the happy ending. The loyal fans who don't immediately drop off will suffer through an entire season hoping for a great Caskett payoff.

• Love 2

The loyal fans who don't immediately drop off will suffer through an entire season hoping for a great Caskett payoff.

This is what I have been stupidly doing this season. Suffering through the disaster of S8 for what I thought/hoped would be the Caskett payoff and end of the series.

Instead we have been subject to an explosion of BTS rumors, drama, accusations, gossip and the ever increasing likelihood that Beckett will be killed to start off S9.

My desire and ability to enjoy anything Castle related is pretty much over.

Just pathetic.

Edited by GoGiants
  • Love 4

I am so glad that I gave up on Castle as soon as I read the beginning of this season would start with them being apart and Beckett being all weird and disappearing.  

Look it you can't write a couple, don't create a show where a couple is bound to happen.   

• Love 5
M.F. Luder, on 20 Apr 2016 - 5:35 PM, said:

If they're smart, they'll leave the door open for Stana to return as a guest star in the season/series finale. This season could end with her mysteriously going missing, or presumed dead, only for her to return for the happy ending. The loyal fans who don't immediately drop off will suffer through an entire season hoping for a great Caskett payoff.

Look, pigs are flying! ;-)

Unfortunately, at this point, I think Caskett payoff is the last thing that they have the intention of giving us. Which really irritates me because after that stunt, ABC could at least have the decency to give the loyal fans a satisfying end to a great love story! (But I guess TV network and decency don't match...)

• Love 1

This show will now go down in history as an example of how to destroy a good romance. I haven't watched the show in quite some time, but this still makes me sad. I actually feel bad for the emotionally invested " shippers."

• Love 8

If I'm being honest I've disengaged from the show despite my continuing visits to the forum but killing Beckett off (as seems increasingly likely) would be the biggest "fuck you" ever to the fans. 

Yeah I know the network don't give a shit but come on guys show some respect and an ounce of decency.

How on earth can I continue to enjoy watching old episodes of the show knowing this "epic" love story ends in her death? Urgh.

I might as well do what others have suggested, pretend 7.23 was the end but it's going to be hard. 

I know the writers are in a difficult spot but for God's sake at least give the character some dignity (and show some respect for the actress) and spare the fans further grief, let Captain Beckett exit from the show alive and kicking.

That goes for Lanie too, Tamala came over well I thought in that interview, encouraging fans to carry on watching, she didn't have to say that, I wish her well in the future. 

• Love 5

IF (I can't stress that word more, as we just don't know) Nathan Fillion is part of the reason Stana Katic is gone, no way will a door be left open for any returns or happy endings. Not if even a shred of these rumors have any basis in fact.

Who knew, at the end of the day, that Fox/Bones would have more respect for its audience. And there's always oldies Remington Steele (whose leads also clashed but apparently admitted it and have allegedly buried the hatchet years later) and Scarecrow & Mrs. King if some need such shows that don't spit on their viewers completely.

• Love 8

Also, if even half the rumors are true why would Stana want to come back?

I really don't think they'll kill Lanie off though, they'll probably just pretend she never existed. And if next season is focused on the PI business, I'm thinking we don't need a medical examiner. I wouldn't even be surprised if the boys take a backseat.

But I guess I won't know because I won't be watching. and I always watch shows until they are cancelled, no matter how bad they get. The last show I stopped watching early was The Practice......when ABC fired the lead actor.

That's why I clarified that I wasn't saying Nathan was a mustache-twirling villain, but that there must be some truth here, due to the longevity and frequency of the reports. 

He's not, neither of them are but as the saying goes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

There's been enough weird behaviour between them for years to get my radar constantly pinging and I don't normally give a crap about the BTS/personal lives of the actors I watch on screen in fact the less I know the better but I don't need old blind items or Deadline articles to tell me something happened between them - simple observation and common sense tell me their behaviour is not that of close friendly co-workers, this in turn affected the show and the final product on screen which I do care about. Whatever transpired it wasn't bad enough to end their professional relationship obviously but there was trouble in paradise, trying to avoid that big fat elephant sitting in the middle of the room smoking a cigar was becoming more difficult by the day. 

I'm not remotely surprised things are coming out now, isn't that how it usually happens when a production is coming to the end and cast and crew look as if they're going their separate ways or someone suddenly leaves and the dam bursts and many who was keeping quiet before start to stir/openly gossip/spill. It's up to the individual to decide if they want to buy into what's being given out as "news".  You tend to filter these things according to your own personal bias. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

How on earth can I continue to enjoy watching old episodes of the show knowing this "epic" love story ends in her death? Urgh.

I might as well do what others have suggested, pretend 7.23 was the end but it's going to be hard.

Yes to all of that! Death, divorce etc ruins what was the heart of the show. I already have a pretty bitter taste from S8 and the drama from this week. For me I don't see the point watching the old episodes when I know the disaster to come.

Who knew, at the end of the day, that Fox/Bones would have more respect for its audience.

Sounds like I may watch Bones after all. Edited by GoGiants

All I can say is that ABC are embarrassingly desperate for shows to put in the air if they are prepared to implode the core of Castle and cremate it's remains knowing just how passion, driven and attached most of the viewers are to that core!

We fans are victims not only of a petty rivalry between 2 actors but also a networks complete and utter failure to operate at a pretty basic level. If ABC had any passable replacements they would have told both Nathan and Stana to take a hike - why bother with such petty squabbles if you don't have to - and they would have cancelled Castle last season.

But now they are so f'ing desperate they have no choice but to completely devastate a group of fans who have kept this show on air for 8 seasons???

There are no words.

• Love 1

I say there's not a chance in hell that Stana will be returning in any capacity to this show if it should continue. She's gone, fans need to accept this. 

Who knew, at the end of the day, that Fox/Bones would have more respect for its audience.

They may have screwed up getting them together big time but since then Bones has handled the main couple getting together much better based on what I've seen and heard, I was too wrapped up in Castle to go back to watching Bones consistently. May be I should have stuck with Bones my original love lol. I also believe it's helped greatly that over many years Emily and David very obviously respect, like and support each other, although I'm sure they've had their good and bad days too. 

Edited by verdana

Also, if even half the rumors are true why would Stana want to come back?

For money? Or maybe to reward fans who actually make it through to the finale? Or maybe because she's a really, really forgiving person? No idea. I agree that it would likely not happen, but you never know.

From a ratings standpoint, it makes the most sense (in my uninformed opinion) to leave the Stana door open so that fans are left watching the show for the sake of "completeness" and the hope that they get little nods to Caskett here and there with a heartfelt reunion for the grand finale.

This is how they handled it on the X-Files, which had BTS issues that are eerily similar to Castle's during its original run. However they address Beckett's absence in season 9, it will suck, and fans will be left wishing that the show had ended 2 seasons earlier (just like with XF, haha).

Yes to all of that! Death, divorce etc ruins what was the heart of the show. I already have a pretty bitter taste from S8 and the drama from this week. For me I don't see the point watching the old episodes when I know the disaster to come.

Sounds like I may watch Bones after all.

If they kill Beckett off does anybody think it will have an impact on the ratings for the syndicated episodes or is that a completely different audience.

M.F. Luder, on 20 Apr 2016 - 6:45 PM, said:

This is how they handled it on the X-Files, which had BTS issues that are eerily similar to Castle's during its original run. However they address Beckett's absence in season 9, it will suck, and fans will be left wishing that the show had ended 2 seasons earlier (just like with XF, haha).

But the X-Files, at least, had the decency to reward fans by ending the show with the couple together and they managed to do that even though the showrunner was never a particular fan of them as a couple! That's what I call respecting fans. Castle execs/ABC is just kicking them in the gut and they keep kicking even after they're down.

Now, I've enjoyed the first episodes of The Catch but now I'm thinking twice about continuing to watch. Somehow, I don't feel that ABC is appreciating its viewers like they should. After all, it's the viewers who get them the money they earn... and Castle has earned them a lot of it!

Edited by CheshireCat

On Alias they killed of the male love interest a the beginning of what became the last season. Fans were really upset and they ended up revealing later in the season that he was actually alive and hiding from the big bad that was after him. (This was likely not the original plan). He only came back for a couple episodes, but they got a happy ending. But that was a very different kind of show.

They also didn't do a major time jump. I don't want to think about Castle PI solving fun cases while his wife is actually in hiding for her life. On Alias, the main character was mourning Vaughn the whole time and trying to avenge his death. Granted, she was pregnant with his baby, so she had no choice. But he was still very much a part of the show. I don't see that happening here.

I wish they'd just refer to Beckett still being around, but off screen. One of those characters that is always talked about but never seen, like Norm's wife on Cheers or something.

• Love 4
KaveDweller, on 20 Apr 2016 - 7:04 PM, said:

I wish they'd just refer to Beckett still being around, but off screen. One of those characters that is always talked about but never seen, like Norm's wife on Cheers or something.

If that had happened - if Castle and Beckett had stayed happily married and she had been referred to, I actually would have given S9 a chance. If they had opted to do that, they would have kept the story alive and it's the story I'm interested in.

By the way, what's up with Hawley and Winter not putting out a statement of any kind? Are they not allowed to? I'd have thought they would have at least put out something official like Fillion put out. But no reaction at all for two days in a row? I find that odd.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 1

If by chance the door stays open, I hope Stana stays clear of it. This fan wouldn't blame her for not returning for a finale or whatever token appearances. This fan will create her own happy ending and sleep just fine at night.

ABC not only made its choice but made it in a most insulting way. Why would anyone want to return to that kind of business?

• Love 2
ABC done fucked up this situation something epic. I wonder if it'll end up as a case of "how not to deal with problems" for potential future execs/showrunners.

You'd think the networks would already have enough examples of that, from The Tonight Show host swapping to The Today Show firing Ann Curry.

I am not connected with the entertainment industry in any capacity, but it's always been hard for me to understand why actors sometimes hang on to a show so long (apart from contractual obligations). Are they that terrified that they'll never get another role in their entire lives? Have they not saved any money out of the tens of millions they have made over the years? Can they not stand the thought of being, even for a moment, out of the public eye?

If I was a performer, I'd never want to continue with a show that has been so tainted in the public's eye; if nothing else, it wouldn't be in my best interests from a PR standpoint. There's no redeeming Castle with most fans at this point and it seems incredibly myopic and tone deaf of the showrunners and ABC to think otherwise.

• Love 1

You'd think the networks would already have enough examples of that, from The Tonight Show host swapping to The Today Show firing Ann Curry.

I am not connected with the entertainment industry in any capacity, but it's always been hard for me to understand why actors sometimes hang on to a show so long (apart from contractual obligations). Are they that terrified that they'll never get another role in their entire lives? Have they not saved any money out of the tens of millions they have made over the years? Can they not stand the thought of being, even for a moment, out of the public eye?

If I was a performer, I'd never want to continue with a show that has been so tainted in the public's eye; if nothing else, it wouldn't be in my best interests from a PR standpoint. There's no redeeming Castle with most fans at this point and it seems incredibly myopic and tone deaf of the showrunners and ABC to think otherwise.

I am wondering about that as well. Personal relationships aside are they that terrified of being jobless that they will put on a pair of concrete boots and jump in the river?? If I were even a writer on this show I would be desperately searching for another job right now!

I am wondering about that as well. Personal relationships aside are they that terrified of being jobless that they will put on a pair of concrete boots and jump in the river?? If I were even a writer on this show I would be desperately searching for another job right now!

Rob Hanning has written an episode for Mercy Street, and was only need for two episodes for Castle this season, most of them apart from Hawley have only done one or two so it may be they all have other irons in the fire and Castle isn't their sole source of income.

The silence from the two showrunners has been rather deafening, have they gone AWOL, would have expected an interview with TV Line by now, who surely need the clicks. LOL

Ha ha! Better take advantage of the clicks whilst there's still an audience.

Personally I am happy that the Showrunners have not said anything....what could they really say at this point and I think my brain would melt reading that obnoxious language that all Showrunners employ when BS'ing their audiences.

• Love 2

Yes, no wonder Matt Mitovich appears sad,(have you seen his new twitter header?) Castle has always provided them with a good return. Things are likely to be a lot quieter come July when they resume filming and the spoilers start coming out.

BellyLaughter, on 20 Apr 2016 - 8:21 PM, said:

Personally I am happy that the Showrunners have not said anything....what could they really say at this point and I think my brain would melt reading that obnoxious language that all Showrunners employ when BS'ing their audiences.

Well, an official statement from the showrunners feels like it would have been appropriate. No BSing. Just an acknowledgment.

• Love 2

IF (I can't stress that word more, as we just don't know) Nathan Fillion is part of the reason Stana Katic is gone, no way will a door be left open for any returns or happy endings. Not if even a shred of these rumors have any basis in fact.

Who knew, at the end of the day, that Fox/Bones would have more respect for its audience. And there's always oldies Remington Steele (whose leads also clashed but apparently admitted it and have allegedly buried the hatchet years later) and Scarecrow & Mrs. King if some need such shows that don't spit on their viewers completely.

Yep. But I'm not surprised about Bones to be honest. Fox, I am though. Bones seemed to respect their fans and I give them props. Been looking forward to their new eps. I respect shows that respect the fans as well as those that work for them.

But the X-Files, at least, had the decency to reward fans by ending the show with the couple together and they managed to do that even though the showrunner was never a particular fan of them as a couple! That's what I call respecting fans. Castle execs/ABC is just kicking them in the gut and they keep kicking even after they're down.

Now, I've enjoyed the first episodes of The Catch but now I'm thinking twice about continuing to watch. Somehow, I don't feel that ABC is appreciating its viewers like they should. After all, it's the viewers who get them the money they earn... and Castle has earned them a lot of it!

Did. S10 pretty much put that into the crapper lol. At least up to a point (thank a'lien for Glen, Darin and James as far as I'm concerned -- they helped give M & S some respect and dignity). Chris got bored. But any of that aside, at least the leads are in a good place. I'm just hoping M & S's relationship can be salvaged. 

Nice chatting with you all but done with the show and all things related to it.

G'night. See you tomorrow. ;-). Just kidding based on my own vows to quit something that's very hard to quit. If you can really do it, RESPECT!. If you can't, it’s confirmation that you are human.

The next few weeks will be fascinating, much more so than any TV show, IMHO.

I think whoever is leaking the rumors of "bullying" probably isn't helping Stana any more than they are Nathan. Who would want to costar in the future with someone who might leak accusations that they're a bully? Without express details, the accusations are unfair and might be perceived as overly sensitive. I hope Stana shuts all of this down, if she knows the source.

If real evidence of 'ism exist, then air the fact with details. These whisper campaigns aren't good.

Stana's got work coming, as long as she doesn't screw up her own PR. And her new gig may be far more successful and enjoyable than Castle.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 2

Well so far TWP i havent watched any Castle, new or old. Use to watch and PVR daily (on Space Channel) but havent since news broke. Also deleted all Castle from PVR

Still here right now to see replies to my post but once i sign out, Im done.

Its already ruined for me and cant unsee what they are about to do to Beckett or Caskett. Time to get this show out of my system!!

Edited by CastleSeason8
  • Love 1

Remember the recent news Marlowe and Terri were developing a show about a PI and out of rehab actor? I waved it off as Castle 2.0 thinking they'd never be able to strike lightening twice. Never thought I'd find myself hoping that pilot actually goes somewhere. Never thought I'd be wishing for Marlowe to still be in charge to maybe have mitigated this disastrous ending. What a mess.

And did Nathan really like a tweet that said Castle could survive without Beckett? He's made no secret he likes the antics over the romance, but man, know your audience. Does he not hear the outrage among the very people online who would notice that kind of thing? And this is the same person who admitted he was wrong about getting Caskett together as the show enjoyed its highest ratings when they did. I don't think he's the devil these unnamed sources stories are portraying (the truth is always somewhere in the middle), but talk about tone deaf, or more likely, just not giving a shit what people think.