Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

That blind item really has our knickers in a twist, doesn't it?  IMO, It's the fear of the unknown that is how Terence and Alexi are going to run (or ruin) the show.    And if the prognosticators on this site are correct and the blind item is about Caskett,  then how does this get written in,  and how does this NOT ruin our show?     I've got my popcorn, my tequila, and my Twitter all ready for tonight's show.     See you all tomorrow morning!

Edited by ZingerCaskett
A prediction in that they know something we don't know?  I find it a bit ridiculous that even TV Line's using a manip

Yeah that made me cringe a bit, but it's up there on many fan's wish lists and it wouldn't surprise me if they did that especially if things aren't going too well in the ratings, not that I'm cynical or anything...

As for sexing up the show, that's exactly the way they would go about it.  

Or they have some budget to play with after not renewing PJJ's contract?

It probably got wasted on that "always" bangle. Heh.

CASTLE’s Toks Olagundoye: Hayley ‘Doesn’t Let Things Get in Her Way at GMMR

Seems like the character is going to be very much "what you see is what you get" no hidden depths are going to be revealed at this point.

What is her take on these characters? She comes into their world during an extraordinarily stressful time, but does she get a sense of who they are? TO: I don’t think she has a take on anyone, except Alexis; she’s very fond of Alexis. Who doesn’t enjoy Castle? I think she’s amused by him.

I hope that means we get to see her laughing with him, not laughing at him.

Like you mentioned, she instantly bonds with Alexis. Why do you think they click so fast? TO: I think Hayley enjoys a strong woman. I think she likes the fact that Alexis is so young, but she’s driven and confident. She’s focused and disciplined, and I think Hayley is as well. She’s really intrigued by that, because most young people are not that way. I think it’s very rare that Hayley meets someone that touches her, and I think there’s something about Alexis that makes Hayley feel a little protective over her. But not in a way that she needs to take care of her — in a way she wants to guide her.

Why this strange fascination with Alexis? Seems like they're going to push this bond but you can't manufacture chemistry or a genuine relationship just because the script says so. I disagree that it's unusual to see focused, determined young people, I see a lot of them Alexis isn't that unusual.

Edited by verdana

How Much Life Is Left in Castle at TV Guide 

It's that attitude and energy that Hayley brings to the show that the producers are hoping will blow up existing character dynamics. And that applies outside of the precinct as well, once Hayley takes Castle's daughter Alexis (Molly Quinn) under her wing. "What we really like is the idea of her as sort of a mentor figure to Alexis, who's now a 22-year-old woman," Hawley says, noting that Alexis crosses paths with Hayley while working for Castle at his P.I. agency. "We felt like it was a relationship the show didn't have and one that I think is very valuable to us. ... It felt like it was time to grow [Alexis] up in a fairly substantial way. She's a clever girl and she gets excited about the same kind of things that her dad does. So she's still finishing up college, but she's young and she's having fun."

But the sad thing it Alexis could have had such a relationship with Beckett and the (old) writers never bothered. Ah, so she's still in college....when does school start?

But Hawley says it's most important to have the conflict come out of character. As such, the two-part season opener brings back Senator William Bracken (Jack Coleman), the man responsible for the murder of Beckett's mother, which leads to a whole host of secrets between Castle and Beckett. "Relationships getting challenged is what makes relationships stronger, and at the end of the day, I think it's healthy for them and for the show to just poke at them a little bit," Hawley says. "What happens when a 16-year obsession suddenly ends? Can you just turn the page, or is there some sort of emotional PTSD that's going on? There's an opportunity to get a little bit deeper into these people... and sometimes things get a little messy. We don't want a one-dimensional relationship. As much as we love to see them happy and frolicking -- and it's not like we won't see them do that this season -- it's just not a hundred percent real to do that all the time."

I don't want Beckett and Castle keeping secrets, they're already been there and done it and it wasn't pretty. I understand that emotional traumas don't just "end" and they can have long term repercussions, people don't just get over stuff but I'd like to think Beckett is past going back down that particular rabbit hole again. 

Even so, the producers know that Castle and Beckett's romance is key to the show's appeal. "The reason the show was so successful off the bat was that spark between the two of them, and that spark was built out of a little bit of conflict," Hawley says. "It was built out of their sexual tension. So part of our desire this year is to try and figure out fun ways to add that tension maybe back into the show in a way... to service their love affair." Adds Winter: "We've had the honeymoon last year. Now it's about... what's the next evolution of their life together?"

So the honeymoon is over (that was so last season), may be in more ways than one....

Why this strange fascination with Alexis? Seems like they're going to push this bond but you can't manufacture chemistry or a genuine relationship just because the script says so. I disagree that it's unusual to see focused, determined young people, I see a lot of them Alexis isn't that unusual.

Do you suppose it's a case of "Dammit, we're going to make sure someone is enchanted with Alexis, even if the audience has lost the thread"? 

Edited by Cyranetta
  • Love 2

I know that people largely don't care, but I think it's interesting that Espo is facing this crisis of his personal life, especially in the face of married Ryan/Jenny and Castle/Beckett. I always thought that he would have questions about his personal life, especially when his relationship with Lanie ended (amicably). Like, he's surrounded with all these couples and what does that mean for him? Kind of like a male version of a biological clock.

I'm also interested to see how that crisis fits into the story line, especially if Castle and Beckett are split for whatever reason.

But Hawley says it's most important to have the conflict come out of character. As such, the two-part season opener brings back Senator William Bracken (Jack Coleman), the man responsible for the murder of Beckett's mother, which leads to a whole host of secrets between Castle and Beckett. "Relationships getting challenged is what makes relationships stronger, and at the end of the day, I think it's healthy for them and for the show to just poke at them a little bit,"

When I think back to season 4 & how much fun the secrets were I really get excited for this season. And that was just 1 secret each. Imagine how much better "a whole host of secrets between Castle and Beckett" will be. I just can't get enough of them backstabbing each other. I've got my fingers crossed that we get them out & out lying to each others face a few times just for variety. I know it would be asking too much to expect a "it's my life Castle" but I can always hope.

• Love 1

A few new spoilery tidbits from Jon:

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2015/09/21/life/doc55fc159914c0e969617823.txt?viewmode=fullstory

If it's only between Esposito and Ryan, I'd vote for Ryan to get a promotion actually.  He proved himself to be the only one thinking straight during 423 and I think his relative patience and open mindedness compared to Esposito make him a better leader.

I sense that we're going to have another two episodes revolving around these two characters, including spoiler alert, Esposito taking a bullet. Which probably makes him reevaluate his life blah blah blah.  Not too keen on these sorts of episodes to be honest.  I'd rather Martha and Tamala get a turn.  And Esposito's "ever roving eye" as some article put it, is going to make it very hard for me to care at all about his love life.  And didn't they already clarify that Esplanie was off for good?  Ugh.

Yeah Ryan definitely gets the promotion, it would be ridiculous if Espo gets promoted over him when he's shown highly questionable judgement at times.

As for having a few more episodes focused on the boys, can't say I'd be surprised that seems set in stone that they get an episode each but why Tamala and Susan get overlooked consistently baffles me. If these writers can't give Susan something more with all this talk of "character driven" storytelling etc then frankly there's no hope. 

Unfortunately I find Espo these days a rather unsavoury and unlikeable character, his attitude towards Castle and his eye for the ladies doesn't appeal and the hot/cold on the Esplanie situation is annoying. I honestly don't know many fans who relish further time spent on that particular relationship and I hope the writers let it go. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I'm looking forward to finally finding out why the word "breakup" keeps being used when they aren't divorcing. Like is the word even used on the show or is it just the blind item that put it in our minds.

Thank you, me too.  If they are still committed to each other and want stay married, it seems like the wrong word.  Cause having a rough patch is pretty different than a break up, at least IMO.

I know that people largely don't care, but I think it's interesting that Espo is facing this crisis of his personal life, especially in the face of married Ryan/Jenny and Castle/Beckett. I always thought that he would have questions about his personal life, especially when his relationship with Lanie ended (amicably). Like, he's surrounded with all these couples and what does that mean for him? Kind of like a male version of a biological clock.

I'm also interested to see how that crisis fits into the story line, especially if Castle and Beckett are split for whatever reason.

I would have been interested if they did this after one of the previous times Espo and Lanie broke up.  It still could work, but I don't totally trust Jon's word that we're going to get significant time devoted to this.

Thank you, me too.  If they are still committed to each other and want stay married, it seems like the wrong word.  Cause having a rough patch is pretty different than a break up, at least IMO.

The premise of a real breakup came from the TVLine blind item. The show could not survive a real breakup leading to divorce after just a few months of marriage.  TVLine always exaggerates Castle issues. Recall that item from a TVLine season 6 article about "Need to Know" and that shining item (flash drive) Beckett hands to Castle in the break room implying that she was giving Castle the ring back. I don't click on that site any longer.  The new show runners in the latest TV guide article about season 8 are finally revealing some possible Caskett relationship angst from secrets and conflicts which consequences they might regret if not resolved after a few episodes. IMO.

• Love 1

I do not like the idea of Espo being promoted over Ryan. Espo was suspended and I can't recall him doing anything special.

On the other hand Ryan followed procedure when Beckett and Espo went rogue and he really stepped up to the plate and went above and beyond in The Wild Rover....shoukd have put him on the fast track. In fact I think the AG's office should been more interested in him than Beckett.

• Love 1

"It was built out of their sexual tension. So part of our desire this year is to try and figure out fun ways to add that tension maybe back into the show in a way... to service their love affair." Adds Winter: "We've had the honeymoon last year. Now it's about... what's the next evolution of their life together?"

So they break them up ?! Do I have to get that ? Way to service the love affair.

So Beckett is up into sth way over her head according to the promo. Was it just me or did the sentence: You woke the dragon come to mind ?

I find the whole ShayJean amusing. I wonder if the reason they stuck themselves in the dance category cause the rest of the album is gonna be like that and maybe it's easier to chart in itunes dance, but they weren't in the top 200 today and I don't know if they made it over the weekend. I still think Definition of Love is straight up pop with the horn being on trend of the past couple of yrs. I'm curious how that live performance is gonna come out since the periscope of the rehearsal you couldn't really hear the rapping bridge part.

I don't care one way or the other about Shay Jean, but I do think they just used the idea of them writing a song for Caskett as a way to launch their own album.  The song really doesn't work as something about Castle/Beckett, except for a few random lines worked in about her being a cop and him being a writer.  They don't fit with the rest of the tone of the song. I think they just worked in those so they could get it put on the DVDs and get more publicity for the album.

It's smart, but I'd have liked it if the song itself seemed like it could have been realistic for the characters to write for Castle/Beckett.

There's only one word for the Shay Jean stuff.....tacky! Like KaveDweller said that song is hardly related to its intended subject/s -- it's just a cheap and tacky way to attempt to launch some kind of a music career?!? I find it all just a little embarrassing.

'Castle' Bosses on Season 8 Premiere: Beckett Is Haunted by Her Demons at THR

I'm could get quickly fed up with Beckett being haunted by her demons (again). It's no fun. Please after this season if Castle continues can Beckett please put the mombatross finally behind her.

Winter: We fill in those blanks. All those questions are still outstanding in the first one. Castle and Alexis are perplexed about what is really going on with Beckett. All those things will be answered. By the end of the second episode we will launch into where we are going for the rest of the season.

Hawley: Then starting in episode three we start telling the stand-alone stories. We start having some fun cases.

Winter: Then later in the first half of the season we touch upon those questions that were launched in the first episode. We will be going back and re-interrupting and they will help us spin out the storytelling throughout the season.

Looks like they drop the matter and start the ordinary cases in 8.03 which is presumably Castle PI and Captain Beckett meeting up on cases each week, I'll see how long that premise has legs but at least they will address the business with Beckett in the first half of the season, I hope they stick to that promise because I hate it when they drop story arcs for months on end and basically tread water. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Hmmm.  I'm not liking the sound of that.  I understand how they could drop the 3XK and JB/Bracken stories for episodes on end,  because the characters could believably go back to what they were doing in the meantime. The approach made far less sense with regard to Castle's disappearance,  but they made it so that these two curious,  questing individuals mutually agreed to sweep two missing months under a rug and mostly pick up where they left off,  together.  

However,  if some external force were to separate you from the love of your life just as you were beginning to relax into the slice of happiness you'd carved out for yourselves, I can't see how you could just drop the matter and exist in limbo simply waiting for the thread to be picked up again.  If the writers are as intent on servicing this 7-year love story as they proclaim to be,  I need to see at least one of them actively doing something to make their way back to each other in every episode.  It needs to be a throughline across the entire first half of the season,  not something put on the shelf to gather dust in between next week and the fall finale.As people above have already stated,  longing looks in between won't cut it.  I hope the latter is not their intent.  

Edited by metaphor
  • Love 2
Godforbid someone be happy, fulfilled and just generally kickass!

Leslie Knope was like that on Parks & Recreation, but I'm blanking out on lead characters fitting that description in drama series.

One reason I was drawn to Castle in the beginning was that I liked that he was a generally happy guy who wouldn't let others get him down, sparking with energy and good humour.  I didn't particularly want to watch a show about another angry/sad/bad white man.

• Love 6

Not sure of the source, but Castle Chronicles notes that 8.07 is written by Hawley and directed by Holahan. 

It's actually 8.08, they're filming it before 8.07.

Rob Kyker confirmed it when he posted a pic from the production meeting last week and Hawley reiterated he was writing the script the other day, when he mentioned doing rewrites on Twitter. 

Edited by Nadine

It's actually 8.08, they're filming it before 8.07.

Rob Kyker confirmed it when he posted a pic from the production meeting last week and Hawley reiterated he was writing the script the other day, when he mentioned doing rewrites on Twitter. 

Nadine, could that be because Adam Baldwin returns in 8.07 and he's not available to film now? I thought I saw what could be "Slaughter" in a picture of a ripped-up script Rob posted recently and alluded to it being for 8.07 (unless I'm misinterpreting his tweet, which is completely possible). 

8.08 should be a November sweeps episode, so maybe AH is returning to the ongoing Beckett/Castle story arcs in that one. 

Edited by S55

I know I've already said this but I really don't see how they can have episode after episode of "c'mon Beckett please" & "No Castle. This is for for your own good. It hurts me more than it does you". They either resolve it quickly or limit any actual discussion to the old standby of angsty looks & sighs (which could bite them in the ass). I think the audience will have a very low tolerance if they perceive a complete lack of forward motion. They should be careful about trying to ignore it completely.

• Love 1

I know I've already said this but I really don't see how they can have episode after episode of "c'mon Beckett please" & "No Castle. This is for for your own good. It hurts me more than it does you". They either resolve it quickly or limit any actual discussion to the old standby of angsty looks & sighs (which could bite them in the ass). I think the audience will have a very low tolerance if they perceive a complete lack of forward motion. They should be careful about trying to ignore it completely.

Just speculation here, but I assume given how it is 2 shows in 1 now, that they just won't interact much at all. And when they do interact, it will be 50/50 about case information. The other 50% will be the sad looks and interrupted conversations until November sweeps. Just my guess based off interviews and how the show has handled season storylines.

For what it's worth, I hope I'm completely wrong. I'm going to lose patience if Beckett breaking up with him isn't the main focus going forward.

With the spoilers about demons and Castle and Beckett breaking up, I'm starting to wish that Beckett had run for the Senate (Congress?) after all.  At least that would be a decent reason for her to be off the show and out of his orbit.

The strength of the show was the interaction between Castle and Beckett and I hated seasons 3 and 4 when they were apart.  I'm not looking forward to this.

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker  23 hrs23 hours ago

Rob kyker retweeted Stana Katic Brasil

They are in her new office. Look harder!! Rob kyker added,

https://twitter.com/BRStanaKatic/status/646372015352479744

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker 23 hrs23 hours ago

Rob kyker retweeted Thaís Menezes

They're in there. Your looking on the wrong desk!

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker  23 hrs23 hours ago

Rob kyker retweeted Castle Brasil ®

For F%#^*sake!! I'm taking a Twitter break!!!

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker  22 hrs22 hours ago

So after a really nice lunch, and a few red bulls, I took the elephants out back and smashed them into a million pieces! I hope your happy

I didn't realise that there had been elephantgate over the last day or so due to Beckett's elephants not being visible in a picture that had been tweeted of her new desk, one fan tweeted the CastleArtDept and Rob about it and that set Rob off on a whole series of emails, the ones above are only a selection. He's now taken to tweeting photos of the elephants all over the place. I couldn't help laughing at the things fans get fixated on and how the crew have the patience to put up with it and respond beats me.

The fact that there was even an elephantgate just shows again how some people have too much time on their hands or lack a sense of perspective, and probably haven't mastered the art of politely making a query in 140 characters.  I read that the prop guy Rob has been invited to the Castle con in Europe (huh?) which I suppose means he doesn't object too much to being imposed on by fans.... in Europe. ;)

I spotted a Johanna Beckett photo in Beckett's new office but didn't see any Caskett photos or Castle's old chair.  Both would be nice to see.  Where was the outrage over those items? Do we need more -gates? Heh.

There was too much stuff on the shelves in Castle's new office for me to spot if there was anything Beckett or Caskett related.  He does probably have all their photoshopped pics on his broken phones though lol.

Shay Jean's live performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=274&v=cSknxRS4kBo

The singing's OK, but sorry, their image with the matching wardrobe and sunglasses, and their stage moves just make me laugh.  Especially Seamus' moves.  Are they supposed to be cool for real?

One of them tweeted about Fallon or Kimmel not liking them and I'm not entirely sure it was a joke.  Maybe they really have been trying to get on late night shows.

It's smart, but I'd have liked it if the song itself seemed like it could have been realistic for the characters to write for Castle/Beckett.

Ryan and Esposito were all about themselves re Caskett's wedding, and turns out their wedding song for them is all about themselves too. ;)  

I wonder if we're going to hear the song as part of the soundtrack on Castle this season.  The studio did pay for the MV after all.  I don't think the song's really relevant to Caskett either.  Ledge of Love was probably more fitting for Caskett at that time.

I spotted a Johanna Beckett photo in Beckett's new office but didn't see any Caskett photos or Castle's old chair. Both would be nice to see. Where was the outrage over those items? Do we need more -gates? Heh.

Yes, those are much bigger issues to -gate over. Are their other pictures of the office? Maybe from another angle you can see more.

And the elephants did get smashed in S6. Maybe Beckett got them fixed as a souvenir of taking down Bracken?

Shay Jean's live performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=274&v=cSknxRS4kBo

The singing's OK, but sorry, their image with the matching wardrobe and sunglasses, and their stage moves just make me laugh.  Especially Seamus' moves.  Are they supposed to be cool for real?

One of them tweeted about Fallon or Kimmel not liking them and I'm not entirely sure it was a joke.  Maybe they really have been trying to get on late night shows.

Ryan and Esposito were all about themselves re Caskett's wedding, and turns out their wedding song for them is all about themselves too. ;)  

I wonder if we're going to hear the song as part of the soundtrack on Castle this season.  The studio did pay for the MV after all.  I don't think the song's really relevant to Caskett either.  Ledge of Love was probably more fitting for Caskett at that time.

That was hilarious to watch. With Kimmel usually the audience gets 2 songs (1 full and 1 during the ending credits which gets uploaded later on their youtube). I doubt Fallon's talent manager is gonna waste a spot for them since they don't have an album or is actively promoting a single to radio or touring. They would be better off on Ellen since she has promoted youtube artist or possibly Corden since he's a singing actor/comedian/host. It would be a decent song without the shoehorned Caskett rapping bridge but every thing about it makes me lol.

The elephants didn't get completely smashed in Veritas. It looks like it had a secret compartment and she was able to open it.

More lovely artwork form Random Ship. 

XY  -by E

I spotted a Johanna Beckett photo in Beckett's new office but didn't see any Caskett photos or Castle's old chair.  Both would be nice to see.  Where was the outrage over those items? Do we need more -gates? Heh.

Yes someone did ask about why there weren't any Caskett photos and this was Rob's response (he did put a smiley face on the end of his tweet):

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker  Sep 22
BC we hate you..

Edited by verdana

The elephants didn't get completely smashed in Veritas. It looks like it had a secret compartment and she was able to open it.

Thanks, I'm not sure why I was thinking the whole thing fell to the floor.

Yes someone did ask about why there weren't any Caskett photos and this was Rob's response (he did put a smiley face on the end of his tweet):

I think he's being 100% honest there.  

If those guys are serious about the music thing they need to stop calling themselves "Shay Jean."  And never wear sunglasses inside.

Hawley: Then starting in episode three we start telling the stand-alone stories. We start having some fun cases.

It looks like the "I'm sorry I missed my first day & killed a bunch of people but I had to go rogue to work on a double secret classified case for the people that fired me two years ago" excuse will be good enough for the NYPD since she is back to work by the third episode like nothing happened.

• Love 3

AlexisDawn92: @seamusdever @Jon_Huertas The Spoken verse of "Definition Of Love" is my favorite. LOVE IT! @shayjeanmusic #Rysposito

Jon_Huertas: twitter.com/AlexisDawn92/s…

Ya hear that @TerriEdda ?!

LOL, I figure that mess of rapping bridge was Terri's when I saw her name in the lyric credits. It really didn't need "she was a cop, he was a writer" to "Beckett's a cop, Castle's a writer" a few lines later plus the "homegirl is a fighter" and "both born fighter" lines. Rework the 3rd verse to make it the bridge and repeat the chorus a 2nd time at the end would've streamlined it.

Castle ‏@Castle_ABC  1 hr1 hour ago

Find the lie!

- Derrick Storm was killed off

- Kate works for the NYPD

- Castle has been married 4 times

#2TruthsAndALie #Quantico

I do hope they're not about to break some bad news about Castle's marital history. 

What about the upcoming arc with Ann Cusack? Remember? A woman with "ties to Castle". I looked her up and the actress has 10 years on Nathan, but...she wouldn't be an ex, would she?

(Just spec, folks! But that tweet does make me go hmm. Maybe giving Castle his own Rogan to level the playing field?)