Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, DeLurker said:

I laughed out loud during the segment on The Passion of Christ sequels. 

Horatio Sanz's joke was funny but it was actually pretty similar to a joke that Colin Jost did on Weekend Update last season. The episode aired around Easter; if I recall correctly it was something like "To all our Christian viewers out there, we'd like to wish you a happy Easter, and to all our Jewish viewers, nice try" - or words to that effect anyway.

1 hour ago, ABay said:

Tell Satan to fire up his zamboni because Steve Agee actually made me laugh with "Describe the killer's eyes."

Weirder things could happen. The Sklar Brothers could be entertaining. That would be weird.

• Love 1

It was not the greatest episode ever but I laughed at least once...can't remember at what. Please, TV genie, grant my wish: get rid of the writer who can't stop using the two girls one cup every damn episode.

• Love 2

Last night's show with Jon Heder, Will Sasso and Chris D'Elia was pretty good, but for the life of me I can't remember any of the jokes. That's the thing about this show - I still watch it and get a good chuckle out of it most nights, but it's utterly forgettable. 

• Love 2

I'm trying to come to terms with genuinely laughing at some of D'Elia's lines. It feels weird.

We do make Pez in Connecticut!  I went to the factory 2 years ago to buy bride and groom dispensers as part of my niece's wedding gift. Nucular submarines, on the other hand, I can't speak to but nuclear subs are built and based here. Asshat who says nucular probably also says liberry and drops Ts in the middle of words (e.g. mi-en for mitten).

18 hours ago, Monty said:

I've enjoyed D'Elia's last few appearances. I think I'm coming around on him.

I still hate how he tells his jokes to the audience, not Chris. That breaks the rules of gameshowdom!

Since the RNC ran late, pushing back TDS, TNS & @M, my dvr only caught the first two segments of last night's show. I'm sad.

Yeah, not a great panel, and I'm sorry I've never been able to take the visage of Chris Cubas seriously (even as a comic). With all that hair he looks like Black Cowardly Lion.

I very much need the writer with the Schindler's List fetish to make his way out the door with the 2 girls one cup guy.

Other than that, I really enjoyed last night's episode, especially compared to the crap the night before. If I wanted to watch unfunny co-workers who seem like they can't stand each other, I'd just stay at work.

I did not care for the segment making fun of community theater. The entire joke appeared to be that people in community theater are not as attractive as Hollywood actors?

• Love 3

Fellas, I understand that your dicks fascinate you and fill nearly your every waking thought with either delight or terror. But believe me when I tell you, your dicks do not hold the same fascination for many of the rest of us. Which is my way of explaining why the 'list ways Dennis Rodman broke his dick' segment should never be repeated in like or kind. 

Sigh. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They tape Thursdays show on Wednesday so it might not make it on because I think they are off for the next two weeks.

Their break is actually Aug. 22-Sept. 5. They'll be back on the 6th (and Chris will be a married man).

20 minutes ago, trow125 said:

Their break is actually Aug. 22-Sept. 5. They'll be back on the 6th (and Chris will be a married man).

Yes on the 20th which was why the previous plan was for them to bank some shows for next week but maybe they altered the plan.

Edited by biakbiak

Nothing makes me feel older than seeing David Krumholtz, a.k.a. "Bernard from The Santa Clause," looking like a 50-year old Ron Jeremy. 

And, once again, there is no better anti-pot propaganda than the visage of Doug Benson, unless you don't mind like you're cross-eyed and about to fall asleep.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And, once again, there is no better anti-pot propaganda than the visage of Doug Benson, unless you don't mind like you're cross-eyed and about to fall asleep.

Benson is an un-apologetic pothead, but I don't think you can blame the walleyes on marijuana.

Benson was in an episode of Friends about 20 (?) years ago and his eyes were perfectly normal. So . . . yeah, it's the pot. And even though some of his jokes are kind of funny (I've heard his stand-up on comedy radio and liked it), I find him almost repulsive to look at. Would it be funny if he was drunk off his ass every time he was on this show? Or high on coke? Dude's got a problem.

The Nightly Show got cancelled so apparently @Midnight willwill start airing a 11:30 most likely through at least the end of the year and could they are looking to see if it should be permanent according to reports.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The Nightly Show got cancelled so apparently @Midnight willwill start airing a 11:30 most likely through at least the end of the year and could they are looking to see if it should be permanent according to reports.

It's eleven twenty-nine and fifty-nine seconds -- better get used to it for a while, starting Aug. 22 (I guess.)

I wonder what kind of ratings @midnight gets, versus The Nightly Show. You'd be amazed how hard it is to find recent ratings info about this show.

What was up with the black wig? Was he supposed to be Bob Costas?

I thought it was generic dorky game show host dyed hair. Shrug.

I liked the idea of the international Olympics panelists -- too bad they weren't funnier. I guess I don't share Hardwick's adoration of Yakov. (Or should I say YakovSmirnoff, as Chris continually called him.)

i thought Chris' hair was supposed to make him look like NBC announcer Marv Albert.

As someone old enough to remember Yakov Smirnoff-mania (yes, at one point he was a household name), I guess I have to give him props for (a) still being around (b) being as hacky as ever.

marv_albert.jpg

• Love 3

It does take commitment to remain at that olympic level of hackosity, I agree.

I'm always happy to see Flula. There's something about him that's so winning, even if his jokes don't land. (And yeah, no surprise that the joke about shit was his -- that's just so German.) (Plus, he was good in Pitch Perfect 2.) (Also, too, I overuse parentheticals.)

• Love 4

I guess Chris is just going to cycle through an assortment of wigs for no particular reason. Whatever. Last night's comics weren't very good. I've never heard of Maz, Gina or Jon before.

I do love Flula though.

Intoning "hoping for the sweet relief of death" in a German accent will never not make me laugh. Flula, that fake German ambassador on Colbert's old show, even going back to Mike Myers's old Sprockets skits on SNL. Just great.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I guess Chris is just going to cycle through an assortment of wigs for no particular reason. Whatever. Last night's comics weren't very good. I've never heard of Maz, Gina or Jon before.

I do love Flula though.

Maz Jobrani is super-cool. He's frequently a panelist on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me podcast. He also had a small role in several episodes on Better Off Ted in season 2.

I like that this week is bringing in mostly new people. Cutting back on Americans has forced them to get different voices, which I like.

I also like the idea of people trying to think of countries they could pull from and then someone facetiously suggesting Yakov Smirnoff. And then (in the scene I have invented in my head) there's a pause and everyone says, "Well, why not?"

• Love 2
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Gina was a contestant on "Last Comic Standing" a few years ago.

The first couple times he was on the show, I did not care at all for Flula, but he's completely won me over. Now I am always happy to see him, and I was delighted that he won.

I wish Rhys Darby or Jemaine Clement had been available to represent New Zealand!

Jon Dore has been on the show before he was also awesome in Tig Notaro's doc/comedy special Knock Knock, It's Tig Notaro about them traveling around the country doing stand up at her fans houses.

Edited by biakbiak
On 8/18/2016 at 0:38 AM, trow125 said:

The first couple times he was on the show, I did not care at all for Flula, but he's completely won me over. Now I am always happy to see him, and I was delighted that he won.

I like him, too. So deadpan.

Thursday's show made me guffaw a few times but is a funny show every 20 outings reason enough to watch? I'm still on the fence.