Type keyword(s) to search

Empire in the Media: Read It In Billboard

Trini
Message added by Princess Sparkle

Remember: Keep your thoughts on the Jussie Smollett situation on his situation only - not Chicago politics, not policing in general, not politics in general, not the state of the country in general, not OJ, not Michael Avenetti, not anyone except Jussie Smollett. 

• Start Topic

More of a social media thing: I've noticed that Twitter is changing the emoji each week #Empire is used.  Last week it was the E from the logo.  This week?  A chocolate chip cookie wearing a fedora! 

• Love 1

An article in The New Yorker about some of the art in Empire.

I could see it. Great article! I've noticed some of the pieces being showcased in various shots, but I'm not knowledgeable about art. It's interesting how they choose certain things for various characters. I'm going to have to start paying more attention!

• Love 2

Taraji's on the cover of the new issue of Essence.

Fiddy seriously needs to STFU. Instead of telling Lee Daniels what to do, he needs to deal with his own shit-professionally and personally- and stop talking shit about others.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

"alleged" spin off....lol

I don't know how I feel about a prequel, I sort of like seeing the fabulous life and times of the Lyon's now.  

Yeah, they will be asking quite a bit of the actors that will have to play Lucious and Cookie. If they aren't top notch, the comparisons to Terrence and Taraji will become brutal. The other problem I have with a spin-off is that they have so many dropped balls on Empire, I can't imagine the storytelling tendencies to be improved. Perhaps, a smaller cast will cause them to have more focused storylines.

• Love 1

Yeah, they will be asking quite a bit of the actors that will have to play Lucious and Cookie. If they aren't top notch, the comparisons to Terrence and Taraji will become brutal. The other problem I have with a spin-off is that they have so many dropped balls on Empire, I can't imagine the storytelling tendencies to be improved. Perhaps, a smaller cast will cause them to have more focused storylines.

thats a good point about the storylines.  Sometimes continuity and seeing things through becomes an issue on Empire.  If they have a prequel thats more storylines they have to keep straight and juggle and ensure the continuity between current day Cookie/Lucious and past Cookie/Lucious

• Love 1

Yep. Not to mention, how much of a pre-quel can it be? Cookie was in prison for 17 years. Are they making it part Orange is the New Black? Most of the stories would seem to come from Lucious' life.

They'd do better focusing on their artists that we see on the show and sending them out for a tour like the old school Superfests and all of the drama a traveling Source Awards would conjure up. Heck, send Anika over to that show as the star wrangler and give her something to really do. Showing the A&R and PR departments having to carry out Lucious and Cookie's visions while keeping everyone out of jail, the hospital and blogs would be hilarious.

• Love 2

I stopped at "New York Post."  That paper is only good to put at the bottom of a bird cage, if that.

Lol, the article describes Danny Strong's approach to tomorrow night's episode.  I agree about the New York Post overall but this article is not like some of the site's other content.