Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

Good for Brittany. I would bet money Jax will try to make the custody thing difficult but then will just give up & barely see his kid. He’s shit.

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, Marley said:

Good for Brittany. I would bet money Jax will try to make the custody thing difficult but then will just give up & barely see his kid. He’s shit.

Given Jax's recent woes, I doubt a judge would give him joint custody. Brittany is generous to offer visitation. She's not asking for any support, so I think things will move fairly quickly.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2024 at 7:35 PM, ZettaK said:

Yes. But Stassi also has her own show on Hulu- Stassi Says. It's a comedic reality show. Do we really care about what Stassi has to say?

Stassi’s SM popularity astounds me.  To me she seems so egotistical and immature, especially as a wife and mother of two children.  I don’t understand the cult following that she has (for instance, “Yes, Queen!”).  Apparently I’m just too old to understand it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Before Cruz was born, Jax said himself “you’d leave me alone with a kid?!”

I hate to see this, but we all knew it would happen years ago. I think Brittany seems like a sweetheart, but between Jax hitting on Lala when Brittany moved to be with him and then cheating on her with Faith, their relationship was always messy, to put it mildly. 

I’m not sure if I’ll watch Stassi’s show, but she was the most funny and charismatic of the girls on Vanderpump. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Brittany has filed for divorce from Jax.

About time. Run, run, run far away!

I bet there is a lot more to this than what’s in the media, given their scenes on VR, especially his ‘roid rages and telling her dad and brothers that he was always going to come first, no matter what. Cruz deserves a better role model than Jax.

But at least Brit got the fairy tale wedding of her dreams…

18 hours ago, bosawks said:

I guess I should resign myself to watching BRAVO's new dating show, "Let's Get Britty With It!"

As of earlier this month, she was hanging out with some Bachelorette refugee:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13703755/Brittany-Cartwright-romance-rumors-Bachelorette-Tanner-Courtad-Jax-Taylor.html

Take it with a grain of 🧂.

• Like 3
On 8/28/2024 at 10:11 AM, RealHousewife said:

I hate to see this, but we all knew it would happen years ago. I think Brittany seems like a sweetheart, but between Jax hitting on Lala when Brittany moved to be with him and then cheating on her with Faith, their relationship was always messy, to put it mildly. 

I don’t think Brittany was as sweet and innocent as she wants us to think. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I’m sure she’s not perfect, but almost everyone likes Brittany and is friendly with her off camera. I think she must be genuinely nice, since the same cannot be said for the rest of the cast. 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Maybe not. I’m no Britt fan, but she appeared to take her share of verbal abuse from Jax, and had to explain away his awful behavior many times. One time that I can remember off the top of my head was her saying, “That’s Jax. He’ll come around. He always does.” I forget exactly the circumstance, but there she was again, smiling away, excusing his boorishness. It wasn’t over something minor, I do recall that. Even though she was obviously choosing to overlook it, still doesn’t make it okay.

He was also quick to throw a fist. 🚩🚩🚩 in my book.

She and Cruz are better off without him.

• Like 3
On 8/28/2024 at 12:20 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I bet there is a lot more to this than what’s in the media, given their scenes on VR, especially his ‘roid rages and telling her dad and brothers that he was always going to come first, no matter what. Cruz deserves a better role model than Jax.

But at least Brit got the fairy tale wedding of her dreams…

As of earlier this month, she was hanging out with some Bachelorette refugee:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13703755/Brittany-Cartwright-romance-rumors-Bachelorette-Tanner-Courtad-Jax-Taylor.html

Take it with a grain of 🧂.

Good for her for filing for divorce, but she chose the celebrity lifestyle, that's why she pursued Jax via DM, and she is allegedly dating another semi famous person/D list celebrity now. As for Jax, he won't see his kid too much because it's not in him (he is extremely selfish), and Cruz is not "perfect".

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Good for her for filing for divorce, but she chose the celebrity lifestyle, that's why she pursued Jax via DM, and she is allegedly dating another semi famous person/D list celebrity now. As for Jax, he won't see his kid too much because it's not in him (he is extremely selfish), and Cruz is not "perfect".

Sorry, I don’t care if she is a celebrity. The way Jax often talked to her and acted —   nobody deserves that. Britt has her faults to be sure, but I’m not giving Jax any free pass here by implying she accepted it or ignored it to snag him, so she knew what she was getting into. We really don’t know the details, and I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Jax could be a very scary dude at times.

As I responded to Bosawks, she is supposedly seeing somebody who was on The Bachelorette. “Supposedly”, because my source was the Daily Mail, which is not on the same level as The New York Times.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Sorry, I don’t care if she is a celebrity. The way Jax often talked to her and acted —   nobody deserves that. Britt has her faults to be sure, but I’m not giving Jax any free pass here by implying she accepted it or ignored it to snag him, so she knew what she was getting into. We really don’t know the details, and I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Jax could be a very scary dude at times.

But she did!  We all saw her do it!  With her mother's and Mamaw's approval!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 4:38 PM, RoseAllDay said:

As I responded to Bosawks, she is supposedly seeing somebody who was on The Bachelorette. “Supposedly”, because my source was the Daily Mail, which is not on the same level as The New York Times.

I'm not giving Jax any free passes either. He is despicable. But I think that Brittany who is not very intelligent was impressed by his celebrity (he was a celebrity before her, and a bigger one after she joined the show) along her mother, and they ignored (or chose to ignore) certain red flags. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I'm not giving Jax any free passes either. He is despicable. But I think that Brittany who is not very intelligent was impressed by his celebrity (he was a celebrity before her, and a bigger one) along her mother, and they ignored (or chose to ignore) certain red flags. 

Absolutely!  Jax was a known manwhore and she went to meet him in Vegas, had sex with him and followed him to LA and moved in with him.  The rest is on her, IMO.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, snarts said:

In other words, they waited until Ariana had a break in her booked & busy schedule 😁

What did the rest of them have to do this summer, anyway.  Maybe James had some gigs, but the rest?  Not so much.  I suspect there won’t be much Ariana, either.  Why should she?

• Like 1

I wonder if I'll even care.  I waited until the season was done before I even bothered to watch the last time and that was only based on the comments here.  I don't think I even watched the Reunion as I figured from the comments that it, once again, had devolved into a Lala screaming fest in her endless bid for attention.

• Like 2
On 9/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, snarts said:

In other words, they waited until Ariana had a break in her booked & busy schedule 😁

Why bother? No one really has anything interesting, story-wise, and I lost interest in Scandoval at the beginning of the last season.

• Like 2
On 9/7/2024 at 2:01 PM, princelina said:

The rest is on her, IMO.

I disagree.  Jax's terrible behavior is on Jax.  There's no point in which his behavior became her fault, though I'm sure he'd be thrilled by the idea.

9 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Why bother? No one really has anything interesting, story-wise, and I lost interest in Scandoval at the beginning of the last season.

I'd enjoy a few scenes of Sandoval being bitter at Arianna's successes, but a whole season?  Yeah, I'd watch a whole season of that, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 9/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, snarts said:

I read that Bravo wants to give an update on their story lines, and that this is their last season. SUR employees who have no connection to the old crew are filming scenes, as well for a possible reboot of VR. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1

I cannot lie, I am tuning in to see how Lala is going to attempt to monetize motherhood this time.

And when it inevitably fails how she will excuse everything do to post-partum issues to the disgust of everyone.

It will be terrible.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, lasu said:

I disagree.  Jax's terrible behavior is on Jax.  There's no point in which his behavior became her fault, though I'm sure he'd be thrilled by the idea.

His bad behavior is on him.  The fact that she's been living with it since day 1 is on her.

3 hours ago, bosawks said:

I cannot lie, I am tuning in to see how Lala is going to attempt to monetize motherhood this time.

And when it inevitably fails how she will excuse everything do to post-partum issues to the disgust of everyone.

"I have two kids, motherfucker!" is what I predict we will hear frequently, as she tries to explain why she's allowed to treat everyone like crap while they are all to revere her person 😃

• Like 7
1 hour ago, princelina said:

His bad behavior is on him.  The fact that she's been living with it since day 1 is on her.

If he had been physically abusive rather just emotionally, would you still feel the same way?  Many people do - if you don't leave after he hits you the first time, the second-final times you get hit are on you.  I think it's very hard for someone who hasn't been in an abusive relationship to understand WHY someone would stay, but there are all sorts of psychological reasons why people stay and it really sucks being abused by someone you love.  Obviously I've been in that situation, and it took me a long time to get out and get free, and it was very hurtful and discouraging when people would say, "but you knew who he was!" 

Please don't feel like I'm picking on you personally - yours was one of many posts I could have picked, but was the closest one to grab.  Anyway, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

• Hugs 3
1 hour ago, lasu said:

If he had been physically abusive rather just emotionally, would you still feel the same way?  Many people do - if you don't leave after he hits you the first time, the second-final times you get hit are on you.  I think it's very hard for someone who hasn't been in an abusive relationship to understand WHY someone would stay, but there are all sorts of psychological reasons why people stay and it really sucks being abused by someone you love.  Obviously I've been in that situation, and it took me a long time to get out and get free, and it was very hurtful and discouraging when people would say, "but you knew who he was!" 

Please don't feel like I'm picking on you personally - yours was one of many posts I could have picked, but was the closest one to grab.  Anyway, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

To answer your question:  if he had been physically abusive to other women on the tv before she even went to meet him in Vegas, then yes I would still feel the same way.  She didn't love him then.  This wasn't a case where she met a guy, thought he was awesome and then he changed.  I'm sorry for your experience and can actually relate to the verbal/emotional abuse, but I never watched a guy cheat and treat people like crap for a few years and thought "That's who I want to be with!"  Unlike Brittany, who IMO wanted to be on tv just like the rest of them.

• Like 3