Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm glad the actor finds her character as shady as some of us do.  Her actions have had some very far reaching consequences.  I guess they could already be setting up the next arc with Maleficent (which she really should be part of) or they need more light magic to defeat the Snow Queen.

If the Snow Queen (I hope they give her an actual name) is targeting Emma specifically, Hook is pretty much fair game at this point.  She's already threatening him next week with those giant stalagmites she conjures up.

Not to be that nerdy poster, but I think she's actually threatening him stalactites. ;) I may or may not have lost a geography bee because of that question...

The Debbie Downer in me is going to assume that photo of Colin is old, but the spoiler addict in me is really hoping he's changed back into his pirate clothes temporarily. I could totally get on board an evil-frozen-heart Hook plot for a little bit, only because a) I kind of miss his shades of grey, and b) we could see Emma fighting to get his memories back this time.

• Love 6

I am joining the pro-Hook's frozen heart team.  I thought it was interesting that Charming changed the "we always" line at the end of the last episode.  Instead of their being the family that always finds each other, they're now the family that doesn't give up.  It actually confused me, espcially as Anna is missing.  They don't have to not give up on her, they have to find her.

I'm going to take that rather heavy-handed change and the diner picture together as a sign that we're going to see Emma not giving up on Hook.

Not to be that nerdy poster, but I think she's actually threatening him stalactites. ;) I may or may not have lost a geography bee because of that question...

You are a total nerd and you're so right!  Can we just chalk it up to English being my third language?  I'm pretty sure I misspelled it too :)

So if Hook has a frozen heart, would Elsa recognize what it is since I gather that's what happened to Anna.  And Anna almost died of that, didn't she?

But we see in the promo that the SQ freezing Marian is leading to death not making them evil, at least so far. I'm not sure they want to confuse the issue with the Frozen movie. If they do the mirror stuff I think it'll be the SQ's story as the twist and not a straight retelling from the original tale. It's probably killing A&E that they can't put their own twist on the Frozen cast so they have to have an outlet somewhere else.

Also I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but Georgina tweeted that she was getting a 3D body scan. For an "ice sculpture" of Elsa when she freezes? I've said from the beginning that Elsa was going to save the day/Anna since Anna did the heavy work in the movie.

So if Hook has a frozen heart, would Elsa recognize what it is since I gather that's what happened to Anna.  And Anna almost died of that, didn't she?

She did, but it didn't change her personality at all. She just got more and more temperature-cold, not emotional-cold. So this would be a different type of heart-freezing. And it would appear to be different than how Marian is frozen.

• Love 1

Colin's interview is also in Regina's office, which makes me think it's likely from the week they were shooting the episode since we still have him in that garb for the promo photos that were released. Sounds like they are filming in Steveston all day on Thursday so I guess we'll definitely find out tomorrow -- maybe.

• Love 1

The townspeople always remind me of The Simpsons when a mob is formed and start marching with their torches, pitchforks, tar and feathers on whomever...

I know it's Snow's first day as mayor, but she needs to grow a pair and keep those idiots in check.

• Love 4

I stopped giving Snow's new mayor job a chance when she said "fireside chat". Ugh, the townspeople pointing fingers. Someone needs to shut these people up.

Who brings a newborn to a town meeting...? I'm really hating this Mayor White business. It's against Snow's nature to be a firm leader.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I guess Marian is going to keep almost dying every other episiode a la Charlie in LOST. Course correction. And yeah--Snow does need to take hold of the Mayoral office, but it will be a season-long arc. At some point, the curtains will need to be changed as well. Why aren't other royals at the Meeting? In world, maybe they don't want to be seen as challenging Snow's authority?

Edited by Rumsy4

Curio: Mayor Snow is holding a "fireside talk" with some of the citizens because she wants to be an accessible mayor. People are worried about the ice wall and Elsa. Granny notes that she made a snow monster that almost killed Marian. Marian says she's fine, but then she blacks out -- presumably from lingering ice effects, but maybe because this meeting sucks. Fin. 

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

Snowflake's never going to learn to walk, since he's going to be carried around by mom forever. 

I guess the ice wall is still up. I thought it was going to be gone and forgotten about by next week. If I start seeing "Under the Dome" subplots, I'm going to be very upset.

Poor Marian just can't get a break.

I assume the ice wall will stay up all of 4A, and then there will be a dramatic wall shattering when they defeat the Snow Queen or whatever. And then no one in Storybrooke will cross the town line anyway anyway, because 99% of them would struggle to survive in the outside world. (Even though... isn't anyone curious? Surely some of them at least want to try a day trip to Portland or something?)

Edited by retrograde

YaddaYadda: Mayor Snow is holding a "fireside talk" with some of the citizens because she wants to be an accessible mayor. People are worried about the ice wall and Elsa. Granny notes that she made a snow monster that almost killed Marian. Marian says she's fine, but then she blacks out -- presumably from lingering ice effects, but maybe because this meeting sucks. Fin. 

I think it's because the Snow Queen poisoned her with ice cream or something. There was a scene filmed of her and Roland (and maybe Robin?) going into the ice cream shop filmed for episode 3, right? Also, the reports said that Marian looked "pissed", but she and Robin seem all right in this sneak peek. 

Positive thought corner: maybe seeing Marian in danger will open Robin's eyes and make him realize he needs to be grateful for the time they have?

• Love 2

Marian and Robin actually look at least comfortable, maybe even happy.

Grumpy now needs to put a sock in it.

Well yes but think about it, from a storyline perspective. Regina right now believes that Robin and Marian are TL and that they're together, yes? Well if she's helping Robin she's doing it because she loves him that much but she knows he loves Marian.

If Robin fails in his TLK that will shock Regina. It won't shock us because we know better as the audience but it will serve a purpose as to move that story further. As to whom may have a successful true love kiss, Roland. Though even that is iffy but he's a child and he loves very easily.

Well yes but think about it, from a storyline perspective. Regina right now believes that Robin and Marian are TL and that they're together, yes? Well if she's helping Robin she's doing it because she loves him that much but she knows he loves Marian.

No? Since when? The fairy dust of plot contrivance told her she and Robin are soulmates, so why would she believe he and Marian are TL? That's what this whole temper tantrum is all about. If Robin didn't have the lion tattoo, Regina would (HOPEFULLY) shrug this off much quicker since, as everyone here keeps pointing out, they dated less than a week.

Edited by Serena

No? Since when? The fairy dust of plot contrivance told her she and Robin are soulmates, so why would she believe he and Marian are TL? That's what this whole temper tantrum is all about. If Robin didn't have the lion tattoo, Regina would (HOPEFULLY) shrug this off much quicker since, as everyone here keeps pointing out, they dated less than a week.

Um since Robin chose her. True it was out of duty instead of love but he still chose her so Regina is still very insecure. Also please don't try to say that they're not gonna try Robin TLK Marian, I mean come on now. That's gonna be the first thing Regina will tell Robin, because she thinks that it will work. Even though the audience knows it won't, she will. To her shock(not ours) it won't work but Marian will still be saved. Either by Roland or Regina herself but regardless the fact remains. Robin's kiss did not thaw Marian which is gonna be something huge to Regina and even Robin.

That's gonna cause development in that storyline 

Edited by Hookian

Um since Robin chose her. True it was out of duty instead of love but he still chose her so Regina is still very insecure. Also please don't try to say that they're not gonna try Robin TLK Marian, I mean come on now. That's gonna be the first thing Regina will tell Robin, because she thinks that it will work. Even though the audience knows it won't, she will. To her shock(not ours) it won't work but Marian will still be saved. Either by Roland or Regina herself but regardless the fact remains. Robin's kiss did not thaw Marian which is gonna be something huge to Regina and even Robin.

I still don't see how we were shown an insecure Regina on the show. Whiny that she didn't get what she wanted? Yes. Insecure? Not seeing it.

What would the point be of a TLK now? That would be the end of the storyline. Marian wouldn't stay with him if TLK didn't work, and thus he would be free and go back to Regina. Storyline over, everyone can go home? I wish.

I still don't see how we were shown an insecure Regina on the show. Whiny that she didn't get what she wanted? Yes. Insecure? Not seeing it.

What would the point be of a TLK now? That would be the end of the storyline. Marian wouldn't stay with him if TLK didn't work, and thus he would be free and go back to Regina. Storyline over, everyone can go home? I wish.

The point of failed TLK now would be to progress this storyline with Robin and Regina. Regina knows the power of TLK and that it can break any curse. So as much as it's gonna pain her it's probably gonna be the first thing she suggests Robin do.  Once he does though, it won't work and Marian will be saved by either Roland or Regina. Mainly what I mean is that a failed TLK will make things very awkward between not only Robin and Regina but also Marian. Mainly because Marian may believe that Robin saved her and I highly doubt they will tell her the details of what happened or how she was saved unless it's Roland's TLK. Marian may also continue to live in denial like Robin and may just ignore the failed TLK for the moment. 

Mainly it creates more angst for this storyline which this early on in the season is expected.

Edited by Hookian

Would Roland's TLK even work?  He doesn't really even know Marian.  I think there has to be more to Marian's frozen streak then what we saw in the movie with Anna.  I'm surprised they are going so close to what happened in the movie with a minor character like Marian this early in the season.

Now I'm curious if Elsa will be in all the episode. I thought Georgina is supposed to be in 9 if Kristof and Anna in 6 but with the focus on Elsa and the success in rating they could choose to add some scene with Elsa. I'm already certain she will help defeat the Snow Queen but I do hope it is Emma who save the day this time.

Concerning Hook I do like  the idea that he will be cursed somehow ( The hand, Frozen) and We do know that Emma will fight for with this season and more backstory in 4b for him. Their individual poster is telling about their arc in season 4. So my theory is that 4a is Emma fall in love too. And cliffhanger with something happening to Hook ( Hook leaving on a pirate ship) leading up to 4b where Emma have to fight for him.

I  like Snow this season because she has an arc but I really have no idea where they are going with Regina even if Henry is not my favorite character their quest for the writer is my only hope  for her this season.

Ice Walls or not strangely no one want to go explore the world a little bit, I'd love to see Grumpy on a road trip.

• Love 1

Yeah, the new sneak peek is not very exciting, but I have to say that I love this Kristoff way more than I like the animated one.

On Friday they are showing the episode 3 in the New York Comic Con so we would have some spoilers. I'm glad I'm going to have a very limited access to the Internet the next two days.

• Love 1

Frozen is the best thing going on this show right now.  I'm not sure what that says about A&E's show/writing/producing.

So is the past/present parallel going to be Anna's off on her Elsa mission and Elsa/Kristoff is supposed to hang tight except they don't and get into trouble when they run into Hans and SQ with Emma's off helping Elsa (by clearing her name) and Elsa/Hook is supposed to hang tight except they don't and get into trouble when they run into SQ and maybe tangle with Rumple?

• Love 2

Man, I might start shipping Elsa and Kristoff--they have mad chemistry! Sorry, Anna!

From the episode promo, it looks like the Snow Queen puts a spell on an ice-cream that Marian presumably ends up eating. She probably wants everybody to see that as an after-effect of Frosty's attack so she can frame Elsa. Maybe Emma's forced to arrest Elsa, but Hook breaks her out?

I think I could watch an entire season of Elsa and Kristoff bickering.

My favorite part of that clip, though, was the shot of Arendelle Castle at the beginning. It's quite faithful to the movie castle, with only a few minor differences that probably only I would notice. Movie screenshot for comparison:

http://screencaps.us/201/3-frozenbr/full/frozen-disneyscreencaps.com-1340.jpg?

I can't wait for this episode.

First sneak peek

Ugh, the townspeople bug.

Looks like Mary Margaret dressed to match the wallpaper. She totally blends into the room! Maybe the first three points were all about Regina. That would explain why the ice wall sounded so much more exciting to them.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Second sneak peek. Elsa and Kristoff. Not very exciting. Nobody's heard from Anna, Elsa wants to go after her, Kristoff says it's not a good idea.

I take it they are filming that on green screen.  Are they making the Frozen fairybacks look animated on purpose?  I don't remember any of the fairybacks of the EF looking this way, even the indoor ones.

Ooh, spoilery: BTS photos of Anna and Elsa, apparently reuniting (I think this person was a passer-by, but body language should have been enough to get the gist) on a beach. Anna has... been trapped inside a giant treasure chest?

ETA: Jinx! But you win because of the second set of photos. So Kristoff is at the beach, too? Hmm. Wonder which world this is supposed to be in?

Edited by retrograde
Ooh, spoilery: BTS photos of Anna and Elsa, apparently reuniting (I think this person was a passer-by, but body language should have been enough to get the gist) on a beach. Anna has... been trapped inside a giant treasure chest?

That is what it looks like, isn't it. Strange. 

BTW, In the bottom picture of those instagram photos -- Is that JMo dressed in Emma's light brown leather jacket and jeans standing next to Georgina Haig? Looks like Emma, but could be wrong.

The storyline with Rumple and Hook could go either way in regards to their 'deal'. Unlike Woegina and Rumple, I do believe Hook is trying to be a better man. So him just randomly deciding to blackmail Rumple seems a little odd. On the other hand, pun intended, I'm not sure Milah's death is something Hook can or should ever forgive. And I speak from experience here because the person I believe I would have spent my life with was murdered, and his murderer got away with it. It was 17 years ago and even if had been 217 I believe I would still be hard-pressed not to want revenge. So I can see Hook warring with himself, trying to be 'good' but getting the chance of a lifetime to try and make Rumple suffer.  

• Love 6

My guess is it'll be less about revenge and more about Hook just being opportunistic in a situation with a guy he doesn't care for anyway. He finds out about the dagger and thinks "Hmm, what could I get Rumple to give me that would totally wow Emma on our date?" He demands his hand back, Rumple obliges, but only later does he discover Rumple either fooled him or there is just something wonky with the hand after all these years, maybe? 

They are going really fast with the Frozen story, aren't they?

Well the Frozen arc has to end by Ep.9 since that's the number of episodes Haig was set for.

I'm guessing the last 2 episodes are standalones that set up 4B, like how they did last season. We know that's when things get bad for Rumple so it's probably wrapping up his Apprentice Hat story and the other stuff.

This could get interesting with the ratings and Frozen being gone by 4x09.

• Love 1

Well the Frozen arc has to end by Ep.9 since that's the number of episodes Haig was set for.

I'm guessing the last 2 episodes are standalones that set up 4B, like how they did last season. We know that's when things get bad for Rumple so it's probably wrapping up his Apprentice Hat story and the other stuff.

This could get interesting with the ratings and Frozen being gone by 4x09.

You may well be right, if the last two episodes of 4A are set up I hope they're also used to create breathing room and a time jump montage. Not a big time jump but a month or so passing before Maleficent makes her move. 

Emma gets an apartment, does sheriff stuff.

David and MM settle into being parents.

Hook holes up at Granny surrounded by books and uses a laptop to research the modern world.

etc

The everyday stuff that the Show hates to write condensed into a few minutes of dialogue free scenes.

• Love 1