Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Regina and Zelena become roommates after discovering their sisterhood (X).

Who wrote this? lol

It's so infuriating that we'll be seeing the Mills women living together before CS, even though it was such a huge plot point in Season 5. Ugh ...

12 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Who wrote this? lol

It's so infuriating that we'll be seeing the Mills women living together before CS, even though it was such a huge plot point in Season 5. Ugh ...

We don't know that though.

Also, it seems like the moving in is something that's happening the following day because Zelena is still at her farmhouse when the EQ visits her in a BTS that was attached to one of the articles that came out. Zelena is in her robe, she looks like she was ready for bed, but is having a drink with the EQ instead, while they're both standing by the baby's crib.

We know they filmed at the CS house for 6x01.

Do Saviors get some sort of illness? Aladdin didn't seem like he was doing so hot in the SDCC clip.

I may be pleasantly surprised by S6. I'm not impressed with what I know, but there's been a severe lack of information. It sounds dumb but the ideas themselves might not crush the season. There's supposed to be some slow character moments, which gives me some misguided hope.

Edited by KingOfHearts
1 hour ago, Serena said:

I wonder if they're gonna go political with Storybrooke become a safe space for refugees, or if they'll chicken out.

You'll probably have the faction that will want to make Storybrooke great again and is set to kick everyone out, and the faction that will want to help them?

• Love 2

So the extended promo has a few more scenes. Emma and Hook staring up at an airship (Lightbearers feels!). Regina holding on to a captive Jekyll and then a scene with the Count. There is a Sparkledark!Rumple and Belle dance sequence, which could be from Belle's dreamscape. 

• Love 1
Just now, InsertWordHere said:

Hook and Emma are also apparently outside their house in that clip. So maybe they do make an attempt to go home and we are given some clue as to their living situation before Storybrooke's troubles interfere once again. 

I have a feeling they'll catch sight of the air-ship before stepping inside the threshold, and make an about turn. At the very least, I hope we do get an idea of whether or not Killian's going to be moving in.

• Love 1

Regina: My evil half is gone, Emma. I don't know how strong I am--
Emma: It wasn't evil that made you strong. Let's do this.

I can already tell this stupid Evil Queen plot is going to push me to the limit of wanting to quit this show.

Emma, I know you're obligated to kiss ass all the time, but let's be real for a second—evil did make Regina strong. It's how she was able to push Cora through the mirror. It's how she became a queen and kicked Snow out. It's how she became mayor and put herself into a position of power over everyone. The whole reason Regina is powerful is because she learned how to use dark magic, and to learn dark magic you have to tap into your evil side. So evil did make Regina strong, Emma...let's not brush that under the rug.

It would be a genuinely interesting twist if Regina without the Evil Queen part of her is actually useless and weak, and the Big Shocking Twist!™ at the end of the arc is that Regina willingly reintegrates with the Evil Queen part of herself because she doesn't like being boring and unable to do dark magic like she used to. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Curio said:

I can already tell this stupid Evil Queen plot is going to push me to the limit of wanting to quit this show.

Emma, I know you're obligated to kiss ass all the time, but let's be real for a second—evil did make Regina strong. It's how she was able to push Cora through the mirror. It's how she became a queen and kicked Snow out. It's how she became mayor and put herself into a position of power over everyone. The whole reason Regina is powerful is because she learned how to use dark magic, and to learn dark magic you have to tap into your evil side. So evil did make Regina strong, Emma...let's not brush that under the rug.

It would be a genuinely interesting twist if Regina without the Evil Queen part of her is actually useless and weak, and the Big Shocking Twist!™ at the end of the arc is that Regina willingly reintegrates with the Evil Queen part of herself because she doesn't like being boring and unable to do dark magic like she used to. 

I'm sort of looking forward to see how that script tease plays out. I'm sort of wondering if Emma isn't a bit annoyed by Regina, and if this isn't more of a suck it up and get it done, sort of like in 5x02 when Regina was all I'm going to be the Savior, and then went to Emma for help?

I still think that the writers need to take out everything EQ out of Regina, and that should have included ALL of her magic, end of story. Regina may not be levels of Rumple addicted, but there's something there and I think it's a complete cop-out that they're not taking this experiment all the way, the same way they didn't take the Dark Swan experiment or the Rumple has no magic experiment all the way.

A&E are chicken shit when it comes to their own ideas. They're so scared to shake up the show with some of their characters. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I still think that the writers need to take out everything EQ out of Regina, and that should have included ALL of her magic, end of story.

Completely agreed. It would have been a fascinating character study to have Regina be stripped of all magic and all evil impulses. The fact that she's still walking around doing magic and isn't going to lose her mean snark is a total cop-out. They say all magic comes with a price, but it doesn't. We see in the new promo how Regina easily stops The Count's sword in mid-air—wouldn't it be more dramatic if Regina couldn't use magic and actually had to dodge the sword without her magical short cut? Shouldn't stopping that sword in mid-air come with a price because she's using magic, and all magic comes with a price? Either all magic needs to come with a price (including Emma's), or they need to include some new dialogue that sets the record straight. "Remember Dearie, some magic comes with a price!"

Edit: After posting this, I just realized that what I described is pretty much what the writers attempted to do with Rumple in 5A. Maybe that's why they were afraid of doing that with Regina because they didn't execute it well with Rumple...

Edited by Curio
6 minutes ago, Curio said:

I just realized that what I described is pretty much what the writers attempted to do with Rumple in 5A. Maybe that's why they were afraid of doing that with Regina because they didn't execute it well with Rumple...

The thing is, they don't really care about Rumple, and they condensed so much in an 11 episode arc that it was impossible for them to do all of it. Emma is the Dark One, not really all that explored, Rumple being magicless for the first time in centuries, they managed to do absolutely nothing with that. 

I hope they explore the consequences since we are in the aftermath of it, but not really holding my breath.

I think what would have made a better cliffhanger for the end of the season was Regina trying to get rid of the crystal, realizing her magic was shut and already having that moment of "okay, my magic isn't working", especially since it's something they did write for in the UW, her magic wasn't working, or was wonky, and they cut every single scene except the one where she's healing the horse which made zero sense because we didn't know she was having problems to begin with. Whoever decided to keep that scene in to fulfill the Regina quota needs to be slapped. Then they could have shown the EQ with the magic in the land without magic. As a viewer I would probably have smiled and been like serves her right, and maybe I'd be looking more forward to watching her struggle, and maybe re-embrace the darker her, and watching her magic come back because she's always fueled her magic with her anger.

• Love 2

Vanilla!Regina is going to be so boring. Whenever the Evil Queen was completely out of the picture in the past, she was uninteresting with little reason to be on the show. I don't want to see Regina teaching her sister the ethics of heroism or having tea parties with Snow. EQ is just the superior character. Without her, there's not much to salvage.

• Love 2

I don't get it - Regina still has sass and magic, while the Evil Queen loves Henry, also has magic and sass, but has no conscience. So how exactly did they split things up between these two? They had to make sure neither one was too boring or too unlikeable? I'm starting to think this makes about as much sense as the author plot. I'm sick of it before it has even started...

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Vanilla!Regina is going to be so boring. Whenever the Evil Queen was completely out of the picture in the past, she was uninteresting with little reason to be on the show. I don't want to see Regina teaching her sister the ethics of heroism or having tea parties with Snow. EQ is just the superior character. Without her, there's not much to salvage.

Have we ever seen a Regina with no shades of the Evil Queen post-Daniel's death? I don't find pre-Daniel Regina vanilla. 

The problem with the EQ is that it's so played out, and Lana is playing it campier these days. The high up-do with the pants in the bts pics of EQ!Regina don't bode well for the campiness factor, I'm afraid. Also, Regina in a pantsuit looks far too gleeful hauling a tied-up Jekyll in the promo (which is her typical look when she's doing anything bad). So, I'm not sure we're going to see anything different in either portrayal, which is totally cheating. 

Edited by Rumsy4
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Have we ever seen a Regina with no shades of the Evil Queen? The problem with the EQ is that it's so played out, and Lana is playing it campier these days. The high up-do with the pants in the bts pics of EQ!Regina don't bode well for the campiness factor, I'm afraid. Also, Regina in a pantsuit looks far too gleeful hauling a tied-up Jekyll in the promo (which is her typical look when she's doing anything bad). So, I['m not sure we're going to see anything different in either portrayal, which is totally cheating. 

EQ was absent for most of 5B, particularly when it was Regina/Robin/Zelena. 

Looks like the screening of the premiere is going to be tomorrow, I guess we would get some good teasers.

Oh, and I don't know what to do with this. It's just a prediction and not a spoiler, but it seems too specific to be just a hunch of TVLine:

Fall TV Predictions: Grey's, Arrow, TWD and 27 Others

ONCE UPON A TIME

PREDICTION: One of the nine current series regulars will exit the ABC series by February sweeps.

Edited by RadioGirl27
18 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Looks like the screening of the premiere is going to be tomorrow, I guess we would get some good teasers.

Oh, and I don't know what to do with this. It's just a prediction and not a spoiler, but it seems too specific to be just a hunch of TVLine:

I wouldn't fret tbh. If you look at there other predictions they're all mostly garbage. Last year they only had a 30% success rate. Nothing to really pay attention to.

if somebody is leaving my money is on bex or Bobt. But I personally don't think anyone is. They haven't even gotten that far in the season yet.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 1

How many seasons have they hyped it as a "war" or "battle" or "fight between good and evil"? There really isn't much fighting on this show that doesn't end in 12 seconds. It looks like S6 will be similar to S4 in that the characters will go about their business while investigating the arrivals' goings-on. I don't see this huge conflict they've been spinning.

Something just occurred to me about that photo of Hook and Emma that the Leaf Lady posted a few days ago: the way they're standing with their hands pressed against something mossy reminds me of that oracle tree that Snow and Charming tried to use that required two heroes -- the one that rejected Snow because the embryo she was carrying had the potential for good or evil.

Just now, daxx said:

Pretty sure Hook's hook and hand are at his sides, only Emma has hands on the mossy tree.

Yeah--it's confusing, but if you look hard, you can see Hook's right hand is on his side. Emma has both her hands on that log or rock of whatever that is.

12 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

It's probably Leroy hiding under the coffee table. 

It's like a Clue game, but instead of trying to figure out who the killer is, it's trying to figure out who interrupts Captain Swan. "It was Leroy, in the diner, with the air horn."

• Love 5

Okay, but... are they lying down wearing their leather jackets??!? Is there ever a time when they're not wearing them? At this point, I don't care about moving in together, coffee, etc, I just want to see them embrace without two layers of animal skin between them. 

• Love 7

From the article I postes in the spoilers only thread

For further clarification, we asked one final question on the matter: "Basically you're not going to pull a Hook and bring [Robin Hood] back?"

To which Kitsis replied, "You know, 'I just don’t see that happening,' would be the respectful answer to our fans."

Si, yeah, Robin is never, ever coming back.

Oh, and this is so infuriating. From Kitis himself:

I think Regina has the most unfair luck of anybody, but that's kind of what makes her Regina.

"So I can tell you that a lot of this year is about Regina dealing with loss and moving on because I think Regina has the most unfair luck of anybody, but that's kind of what makes her Regina."

See, this is why we'll never be free of the REC.

• Love 3

Great! Season 6 hasn't even started, and the woegina mantra is in full-force already. So, it is saviors who don't get happy endings, or is it villians, or is it only woe-is-me-gina? 

Also, I generally like Leanne, but the way the article was written was plain mean to OQ fans. Very click-baity.

Edited by Rumsy4

That's not unfair luck. That's just life.

Meanwhile, Emma's life may be in danger after narrowly escaping the Underworld and saving her True Love. Poor Regina... why do all the bad things happen to her?!

Edited by KingOfHearts

Do they even recognize what they wrote? Emma is the character who was fated before birth to be a Saviour which is apparently a role which ultimately destroys its owner. You can't shed it. It's yours until you die. That pretty much sucks. Every other character has been shown to have had a choice in their actions. They may be tough choices, but they still had some control of the outcome. So I'm unclear as to why any character whose poor choices led them to unhappiness has worse luck than one who was never given a choice. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 5

I don't know what show the writers are writing, but it's not the one I'm watching.

Was Daniel's death horrible? For sure it was. Was that whole manipulation by Rumpled when he used Jefferson and Frankenstein for the heart business terrible? Yes, it was. But everything she has done was her choice.

I'd argue that the baby who was sent through the wardrobe and an orphan for 28 years had it a lot worse.

The more sympathy they want me to have for her, the less I do.

• Love 9

The writers seem to write Emma as the more sympathetic character but wants us to feel more sympathy for the woman who has murdered villages, raped and killed a man who said "no". Yet on their other show they made the protagonist Satan and didn't make her as woobie as they've done with the Regina character and to a lesser a kesser degree Rumple. Interesting. Maybe, they are compensating but secretly hates the Regina character because they can't possibly think she has the worse luck out of everyone when she's why she's an unhappy person right? 

• Love 1

"So I can tell you that a lot of this year is about Regina dealing with loss and moving on because I think Regina has the most unfair luck of anybody, but that's kind of what makes her Regina."

I read that and the only thing that makes sense to me is that they are really writing a story about Regina, a patient in the insane asylum - not a story about Fairy Tale Characters who are real.  I know they said they weren't going to pull a St. Elsewhere but really nothing else makes sense.  The only way they can really think that Regina is the one with the bad luck and the victim is if everything is happening in her narcissistic brain. All the characters are really just other patients or staff at the same asylum. 

On the other hand if they really are writing real Fairy Tale Characters and think Regina is the one who is victimized the most and all her actions are reasonable, then I really just don't understand their storytelling. I'm already 95 percent out the door on this show and as I've stated before, I will never invest in another of their shows because quite frankly they suck!

• Love 2

They can say whatever the hell they like, but for my money the character with the most unfair luck of all is the one who's missing a piece of himself. A piece he will (evidently) never get back (never mind that's it's totally doable), because (stupid) Reasons. The first ep of the season hasn't even aired yet, and I'm already feeling stabby. F*ck!