Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, maryle said:

Will he be back scheming...again and getting caught....

Well--duh! Belle and Rumple are caught in this perpetual cycle of deception, break up, and make up. There's no reason to expect anything else for them! We already have this tidbit that Belle might try to keep the baby away from Rumple. I can't see why. 

• Love 1

Since A&E are writing 6x05, and x05 is generally the SQ-baiting ep, my speculation is that ep will have Emma teaching Regina how to use light magic -- and she's so talented at it, she's a diamond in the rough! This will parallel Aladdin somehow.

2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

So, centrics so far?

6x01 - Aladdin
6x02 - Count of Monte Cristo
6x03 - Cinderella
6x04 - Jekyll/Hyde
6x05 - Aladdin

I think Aladdin is only in 6x01 for the first 3 minutes. The rest should be about Emma and whatever is going on with her physically.

I wonder if A&E got mad the director shared the title so they changed it.

4 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Once Upon a Time: Emma unearths life-altering secret in season 6

I'm guessing the "life-altering secret" is her finding out about the toll that being the Savior takes, which we learn about from Aladdin's piteous state. 

Edited by Souris

I'm thinking there's gonna be a prophecy that has to do with the role of Savior. If they REALLY wanna go Biblical, maybe it says the Savior has to die to complete his or her mission.

• Love 3

For a show about hope, the protagonist keeps suffering and suffering without a moment to breath and be happy, so a prophecy about Emma having to die (and her dying at some point or almost doing it) sounds about right. 

Sometimes I hate this show so much.

2 hours ago, Serena said:

I'm thinking there's gonna be a prophecy that has to do with the role of Savior. If they REALLY wanna go Biblical, maybe it says the Savior has to die to complete his or her mission.

That's a pretty common theme in a lot of mythologies and stories. A hero does something daring and dangerous to save people and then goes back to his life while a savior makes the ultimate sacrifice to save others. That's the different between a hero and a savior. Heroism is something anyone can rise to when the occasion demands it but a true savior is destined for the epic and extraordinary unselfish act that only a few chosen ones are capable of.

Edited by orza
3 hours ago, Serena said:

which would suck tremendously. 

I wonder if there isn't something about the Savior that will basically end all Saviors, in the sense that one of them is the big cahoona of all Saviors. Maybe some of them have magic, and others don't have magic, like they are all different, and then one day, there's a Savior who will just have it all.

There was the talk Emma and Rumple had about how she has magic, and he tells her he didn't make her, only took advantage of who she was. Maybe Emma was the first Savior from the EF.

I wonder if Saviors aren't born when darkness starts gathering, like Emma is born right as the dark curse is being cast. Maybe Aladdin is being born just as Jafar is coming into his powers, and so on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Serena said:

It's about time. Emma is basically the only main character left on the show who hasn't "died" yet. Snow "died" by eating the apple in Season 1 and went under a sleeping curse. There was also the fake-out death during the flashback adventure. Charming "died" when he was stabbed in the pilot, was in a coma, went under a sleeping curse, and then "died" again to enact the second Dark Curse during the missing year. Henry "died" when he ate the apple at the end of Season 1, and then there was the whole Pan fiasco in Season 3. Rumple "died" killing his father. Belle "died" by going under a sleeping curse. Regina "died" in the Alternate Universe. Zelena "died" when Rumple stabbed her at the end of Season 3. Robin Hood died died. Hook has "died" like 4 times now. Emma hasn't really had a major fake-out death or sleeping curse yet, so it makes sense they finally get to it in Season 6.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

Being under the influence of a sleeping curse is not the same as dying. They make that very clear. It seems that everyone in fairy tale land knows this and sees it as being temporarily incapacitated until someone shows up to administer true love's kiss to break it.  The dwarfs didn't know Snow was under a sleeping curse. They weren't there when Snow ate the poisoned apple. People thought Henry had died because they were cursed themselves and didn't believe in magic in their cursed state. However, Regina knew Henry was under a sleeping curse when she learned he had eaten the turnover and she said so. Everyone knows Belle isn't dead and is just under a sleeping curse and will eventually wake up if rumple can get his act together. Rumple really did die without scare quotes and went to the Underworld. Charming did not die in the pilot. He was in a comma in Storybook. That's why he was in a hospital and not in the morgue.  He did die in season 3 when his heart was crushed.

We the viewers knew in all cases whether a character had really died or was under a curse or in a coma even if the characters it he show did not at that moment. So, no not everyone has died on the show.

12 minutes ago, orza said:

We the viewers knew in all cases whether a character had really died or was under a curse or in a coma even if the characters it he show did not at that moment. So, no not everyone has died on the show.

You didn't get the point of my post. The excessive "parentheses" were used because we all know a sleeping curse isn't actually dying, but it's still a major traumatic event (one that has been described on the show as being worse than death) that Emma hasn't gone through yet. Whether it's real death, fake death, or a sleeping curse, Emma has managed to avoid them all. The spoiler points to one of those three things happening to Emma in Season 6.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

But a sleeping curse is not the same as dying. One can come back from it fairly easily. It has also been shown on the show that people can and do recover from scary events like a sleeping curse.

Didn't we all kind of guessed she'd be in a sleeping curse because we all guessed The Evil Queen will get split up way before the finale aired? That's how predictable this show is. Question is what will happen to Henry, Snow and Charming for the person to kiss her to wake up to be Hook and vise versa with the others?

5 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

That's how predictable this show is.

Want to see predictable?

On February 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Curio said:

I think Rumple will have his own agenda in the Underworld, kind of like the Neverland arc, and he won't be a huge part of the main group until the end of 5B. Meanwhile, Emma and the gang will be naive...again...and assume Rumple won't be up to anything dastardly, but he'll double-cross them during the finale and his actions will lead us into an Agrabah-themed Season 6A.

That post was from February.

5 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

Didn't we all kind of guessed she'd be in a sleeping curse because we all guessed The Evil Queen will get split up way before the finale aired?

What's interesting is that we have the spoiler of Emma getting stabbed with the sword, which points towards a Savior prophecy that says Emma will have to die in order to complete her Savior duty. But they've also set up several clues pointing towards Emma going under a sleeping curse. I don't see Emma dying and going under the sleeping curse in one season, but who knows.

The EW article says Alladin is a former Savior...so it's not for life then?

As for Emma "dying," I think we've got to see her under a sleeping curse at some point.  True love's tackle was  the dumbest confirmation we've seen on this show and Captain Swan deserve better.   The most romantic gesture in fairy tales has always been a kiss and I can't see that changing for them.

If you assume he's still alive.

What's interesting is that we have the spoiler of Emma getting stabbed with the sword, which points towards a Savior prophecy that says Emma will have to die in order to complete her Savior duty. But they've also set up several clues pointing towards Emma going under a sleeping curse. I don't see Emma dying and going under the sleeping curse in one season, but who knows.

I'm really over the "death looms over character" plot. S5 was so heavy on it with Hook dying, then the Underworld, and then Robin's obliteration. We've seen characters sacrificing their lives so many times over the course of the show that it doesn't hold the same weight any more. More life-threatening crap for Emma isn't very thrilling either.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Maybe the Savior title can be passed on. Depending on how the wonky timeline works, Aladdin could have been the Savior before Emma, and then when Aladdin didn't want to deal with being a Savior anymore, he officially quit at the exact moment Emma was born, and then she was transferred the title. Or it's just an arbitrary title that people can name themselves.

I still prefer the Diamond in the Rough title over Street Rats. Is it too much to hope for a decent Emma flashback that doesn't retcon anything or introduce annoying characters?

• Love 1

I believe the secret concerning Emma is that she likely will be at risk of dying from being the savior. Aladin is very weak ( his health is damaged ) in the sneak peak from comic con. I believe Emma will learn she have the same condition as Aladin. So, savior cannot have a happy ending because their duty as savior took their energy and health. In Emma case the process is speeded up by all she has already been through like becoming the DO.

TLK could be the only way to safe Emma from that fate. Enter Jasmine and Hook for their repective savior.

20 minutes ago, Curio said:

I still prefer the Diamond in the Rough title over Street Rats. Is it too much to hope for a decent Emma flashback that doesn't retcon anything or introduce annoying characters?

I wish! Except none of the recent Emma flashbacks have been all that interesting. 

1 hour ago, Curio said:

Nah, I doubt that would ever happen. At this point, I would prefer if they never do an Emma (or a Hook) flashback ever again. I just don't want more stupid retcons.

1 hour ago, Curio said:

Street Rats is more derogatory. Aladdin was an orphan, like Emma. He grew up on the streets. No one will stop and tell him how he is a diamond in the rough, and just needs to be nurtured because he is so damn talented. They're people who have been looked down upon until wow! Savior! Let's just go to you to save our asses, give us happy endings and so on. 

Regina in that scene that was cut in 3x22 called Emma a street rat.

• Love 3

I just had a horrific thought. ..... could the separated entities merge into other bodies than the original???

Regina has always been disappointed that Emma has so much powerful magic but hasn't fully explored/eexploited its potential. Since EQ looks at Regina as a disappointment...could she try to merge with Emma (don't want to even contemplate what tha rabid SQ faction will do with that) because then she'll also have all Emma's magic at her disposal n addition to her own. She is so egotistical that she'd have no doubt that she'd be the dominant personality....and would believe she's safe because the heroes won't harm Emma...unless Emma tries to push them to sacrifice her for the greater good of getting rid of the EQ.

Ewww...just gave myself nightmares!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I just had a horrific thought. ..... could the separated entities merge into other bodies than the original???

OK, your posting privileges are revoked!

(I do not have the power to do that. So ... go stand in a corner while I try to bleach my brain!)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

For a show about hope, the protagonist keeps suffering and suffering without a moment to breath and be happy, so a prophecy about Emma having to die (and her dying at some point or almost doing it) sounds about right. 

You know, done right (in other words, not on this show or by these writers), an exploration about how tough it is to be a hero would be a potentially interesting fairy tale deconstruction. Most of the tales skim past the hardships or don't show the consequences. The young man sets out to find his fortune, carries out the quest, and wins the fair maiden. All these people in the fairy tale world seem to want to be heroes, but what it really comes down to is that they want glory. I doubt that Henry and Belle (two of our more outspoken wannabe heroes) actually want to have to sacrifice themselves or the people they love for the greater good. Then there's the toll that being a hero (or Savior) takes on the people around her. When Emma can't have a quiet night at home or has to sacrifice herself yet again, that also means that Hook's not getting to develop his relationship with her, her parents haven't had a chance to spend time with her and get to know her, and Henry doesn't get to spend much time with her.

But I don't expect the show to go there. We'll get some half-baked mythology about the Savior that they made up on the fly without really thinking it through and that we'll never hear about again. Emma will get lectured about not living in the moment even as she's expected to solve the latest problem. And they'll talk about the cost of being a Savior without any sense of irony while also talking with a perfectly straight face about how Regina is suffering so terribly and how unfair it is that villains don't get happy endings.

It does seem really odd that they're going to get into the cost of being the Savior in the same arc as they're dealing with the Evil Queen having been split out of Regina because of how unhappy she was being good when not everything went her way. They're such contradictory concepts.

• Love 4

I am honestly the most curious to see the premiere rating because the promotion is so like a kaléidoscope that I still struggling to know what will be overall  important versus just a b storyline. Sure, for me I thought it was important to see a développent in the Emma's  heros journey ( because season 6). So, hoping for the best for that sl.

But, everything seems like a aging show unsure of what to  sell the most so you just pushing everything.

Like Rumbelle, for me they waste Rumple  as a good vilain because of it.  After reading À and E. some people can hope that  Rumpelle is on their way to a happy or will finally reach a dead end. Helas,  it will be neitheir realisticly but just more soapy hashy hashy stuff.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

This is what popped up in my mind. Drizella falls in love with a footman to Lady Tremaine's dismay. Sounds a lot like the direct-to-video sequel Disney made.

Sounds like Cora/Daniel/Regina. Social climber's daughter falls with someone who is very beneath her in her mother's opinion, and she kills him for it because daughter needs to marry a prince.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sounds like Cora/Daniel/Regina. Social climber's daughter falls with someone who is very beneath her in her mother's opinion, and she kills him for it because daughter needs to marry a prince.

Lady Tremaine was also angry with Anastasia for running off with Will because he was a lowly thief.

Edited by KingOfHearts
47 minutes ago, Souris said:

The Lady Washington (aka the Jolly Roger) is currently heading into Steveston harbor.

tlwash.PNG

Awesome sauce!

I wonder if it's for both filming days, Tuesday and Wednesday. So budget wise, is the Lady Washington cheap to rent out, or they've always had the money, but they're kind of cheap, or did ABC give them more budget for this? It just seems weird that we are getting the real ship for 2 episodes when budget didn't allow (or so the rumor goes) for that last season.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So budget wise, is the Lady Washington cheap to rent out, or they've always had the money, but they're kind of cheap, or did ABC give them more budget for this? It just seems weird that we are getting the real ship for 2 episodes when budget didn't allow (or so the rumor goes) for that last season.

Well, they don't have to pay Sean anymore, so...

• Love 4

Pic of her docked in Steveston here.

They're filming at the Brittania Shipyards pretty much all day both Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday is a full moon, so it'll look nice if they do any nighttime water filming.

Edited by Souris

I think scheduling the Lady Washington has also been an issue. She has a pretty big schedule of filming for other things, cruises, educational activities, etc. Some of the times they've planned on the ship, they couldn't get her, or possibly it would have cost more than it was worth to get her if they had to get her to go out of her way. It would have been hard to justify it for the episode where it was supposed to be Emma and Hook having a picnic on deck, for instance. If it really matters to the plot to be at sea, it might be worth it to have the real ship and not just green screen.

7 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I wouldn't get too excited. The last time they brought the ship to Stevenson, it was for a Belle-Hook conversation. Maybe this time we are "lucky" and we get a Henry-Violet scene.

Some of us just like the ship, because it's actually nice to look at. And Henry knows how to sail her.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

Henry steals the ship with Violet since he was told by a creepy old man that the secret elixir to destroy alter egos resides on the Island of Monte Carlo.  They get off on the Island, and sees a Cave of Wonder where only the Heart of the Truest Believer can enter.  Henry decides to go in since the last time he entered a giant cave shaped like a skull turned out SO well.  At the entrance, they share a special kiss.   Meanwhile in Storybrooke, everyone runs around like chicken littles with their heads cut off looking for Henry, but no worries, Emma has a tracker on Henry's phone while Regina runs to get the grey scarf for a locator spell.  Thankfully, Hook is able to send a message to his old friend Moby Dick, who gives them a ride to the Island just in time to save Henry and Violet.  The Evil Queen suddenly materializes out of nowhere, and takes the secret elixir, revealing she was the creepy old man and the elixir will make her even stronger.  In the flashbacks, we find out she often dressed like a creepy old man because that was the only way she could be admitted into social gatherings where she felt included.  Back in Storybrooke, Rumplestiltskin meets Lady Tremaine in the woods to make a deal for the glass slipper which doubles as a can opener to free Belle from the Tin Can she's now in. Meanwhile in the very special C plot, Snow and Charming meet their old friend Dumbo who has a secret message stuck in his giant ears.  They help extract the message.  It says "Help Us.  Signed Kansas and Wolfie."  Fade to black.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3