Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

That link didn't work for me, but I just looked back at a TV Guide interview from May and there one of them says we didn't see a body so we'll see if Zelena can come back in the future.  Was this latest one more of the same?

Was this latest one more of the same?

Here's what was in this article:

So, looking back to the end of last season, can you explain what exactly happened when the Wicked Witch disintegrated, turned into dust, got into the box with the emerald pendant, and opened the portal?

Adam: She died. She turned into some kind of dust and disappeared because of her magical nature. What happened was, the pendant—which had her magic in it—was triggered at the moment of her death and opened the portal. That wasn’t Zelena in smoke form coming out—it was the magic that we had seen that was absorbed into the pendant Glinda gave her. The pendant became the source of Zelena’s power. Regina removed it and put it into her vault. And at the moment of her death, that triggered the portal opening.

Eddy: Of course, “death” is a relative term.

There's no way she's dead, logically. Her body wasn't even there - it disappeared into green smoke. She did a similar thing in the flashback in the same episode when she "melted". Glinda said the pendant was her life, so if the pendant is still there, her life is too. I know I'm trying to resurrect someone who died (like Graham or Neal fans), but I really have no real reason to believe she actually died besides this interview question.

You know the writers are going to have one big Big Bad break-the-laws-of-magic resurrection with Maleficent, Pan, Zelena and Cora one day. (or I'll just write a fanfic.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

There's no way she's dead, logically. Her body wasn't even there - it disappeared into green smoke. She did a similar thing in the flashback in the same episode when she "melted". Glinda said the pendant was her life, so if the pendant is still there, her life is too. I know I'm trying to resurrect someone who died (like Graham or Neal fans), but I really have no real reason to believe she actually died besides this interview question.

Adam and Eddy seem to be obvious in saying that she's dead, but dead in the same sense Rumple was...meaning, dead but not dead enough to be exempt from resurrection. The pendant is still there, so she can indeed be resurrected and likely will.

The pendant is still there, so she can indeed be resurrected and likely will.

I can see it now.

Regina: "We've used all other options. It's time to resurrect my sister." 

*dramatic look*

*goes to commercial break*

• Love 1

Episode 5 title: "Breaking Glass"

I guess episode 5 it's going to be Regina's and not Hook's

It could be Hook's, if he's representing Kai in Once's version of the Snow Queen tale. My guess is that it's a reference to the sliver of broken mirror that gets in Kai's eye, which distorts beauty and makes him turn cold and cruel. So it'll be a centric for whoever is Once's Kai.

• Love 2

OR as Matt Mitovich from TVLine suggests: "a multi-level Giancarlo Esposito/Gus Fring wordplay"

(But seriously, I think you might be on to something, Souris. Whatever the Snow Queen is up to probably should start to gain momentum around this time, right? It's the the first ep of the middle third of the half-season. So first four should be introduction and scene setting, middle four is her doing her nastiness and various roadblocks and conflicts arising, then last four will be the Nevengers banding together to save the day)

ETA: I just realized the episode order is probably only 22, in which case the thirds don't entirely work, but close enough. I hate maths.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

Maybe it's the Snow Queen's centric. They usually do those right around the middle of the season. And Sidney Glass is the mirror from the Snow Queen tale. That's the Storybrook connection?

I don't think it's Hook's. Ep. 4 is probably his. From the outside filming at least it looks like it follows his other 2 centrics format. Emma and Hook both go off on their own mission, separate from one another but have a milestone moment for their relationship. So how does the title Apprentice fit? Or the Anna-Arendelle flashback?

Maybe it's the Snow Queen's centric. They usually do those right around the middle of the season. And Sidney Glass is the mirror from the Snow Queen tale. That's the Storybrook connection?

Ooh, good call. It seems like Ep. 4 is the main reveal of the Snow Queen (though she is in Ep. 3 somehow), so it would make sense that the following episode is where we get her fairybacks. 

I don't think it's Hook's. 

Certainly not if he's the Kai character — unless that part comes at the end of the ep. Because him getting the eye shard thing wouldn't really open any avenues for telling us more about him or showing us his past. The opposite, really. But I'm not entirely convinced he is that character (if there is one at all), because man, that would really be piling the misery on the guy and kicking him while he's down. 

Edited by retrograde

It could be Hook's, if he's representing Kai in Once's version of the Snow Queen tale. My guess is that it's a reference to the sliver of broken mirror that gets in Kai's eye, which distorts beauty and makes him turn cold and cruel. So it'll be a centric for whoever is Once's Kai.

Yes, I thought about that too, and it's a possibility. I'm just not enterely sure that Hooks it's going to be Kai (if they indeed do the Kai/Gerda story on the show).

I've been thinking that maybe it's something more metaphorical, and the title refears to a broken promise, and it's the episode when Belle finds about the dagger.

So the Ice Queen goes from being this shop owner to full on dressed to kill woman who for all intents and purposes seems to be targeting Emma to begin.  Is there any chance she puts Rumple up to whatever is going on with Hook?  Maybe she's the one who is blackmailing Rumple with whatever. 

ETA - Is it just me or does it seem like the whole Frozen thing might actually end up being a lot smaller than they're making out to be and it's just a vehicle for whatever the Ice Queen is up to.  It just seems like she might hide behind Elsa since they seem to have similar powers.  It's easier to blame the one who is standing right there than the one who is hiding in the shadows.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

That might make sense. On one hand, they've been hyping this Frozen thing like nobody's business, but I have to wonder what kind of leash Disney has on them with the franchise.

We know EM is some sort of Snow Queen, but do we know if they're going off the original tale? She could just be an original Snow Queen who happens to be Elsa's mom, but I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I hope the Snow Queen is up to something better than breaking the laws of magic.

ETA - Is it just me or does it seem like the whole Frozen thing might actually end up being a lot smaller than they're making out to be and it's just a vehicle for whatever the Ice Queen is up to.

But they have cast not only Elsa, but also Kristoff, Anna, Hans and the troll guy. And really, I'm totally against them doing Frozen, but if, after all the publicity, the Frozen stuff ends up being something very small and marginal, it would be a big mistake that would damage the show in the long term. Frozen has lots of fans and I don't think that ABC or Disney want to anger them with false advertising.

@RadioGirl27, I don't mean it in the sense that Frozen will be marginalized, but more like they seem to be creating a year long arc this time around built around the Snow Queen or whomever ME's character is supposed to be (I think the snowflake pendant was a dead giveaway).  I think they're using Frozen to build her story.

It doesn't look like it will be like S3 with one villain in the first half and a whole other completely different one in the second half.

It doesn't look like it will be like S3 with one villain in the first half and a whole other completely different one in the second half.

Why do you think this? Because by episode 4 it seems that EM is already wearing her Snow Queen dress and chasing Emma. So it doesn't seem that she is hiding behind Elsa.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

@RadioGirl27, I don't mean it in the sense that Frozen will be marginalized, but more like they seem to be creating a year long arc this time around built around the Snow Queen or whomever ME's character is supposed to be (I think the snowflake pendant was a dead giveaway).  I think they're using Frozen to build her story.

Adam already said on Twitter that they are doing a split season. Frozen will be first 11 episodes with a midseason finale like last year.

• Love 1

Plus I think A&E have indicated in multiple intverviews that it will be two pretty distinct halves, and something will happen towards the end of the first that leads in to the second.

I don't think Disney will let OuaT do anything ZOMG crazy with the Frozen characters, but I don't think that will translate to lack of screen time. I suspect their story will progress in a very vanilla way from the film (but involve lots of flashbacks for fans and kids), but at some point Elsa will have had a run-in with the Snow Queen — whose story will be full of ZOMG crazy — and that is when Elsa got urned and whatever happened to Anna and Kristoff happened. In other words, their story will continue logically from the movie but at some point get interrupted by this third party. They will be passive actors in whatever happened and happens. 

• Love 1

Why do you think this? Because by episode 4 it seems that EM is already wearing her Snow Queen dress and chasing Emma. So it doesn't seem that she is hiding behind Elsa.

I did think at first that EM as a villain might carry over into 4B, but the fact that she is revealed so early suggests that her arc will be an important part of 4A. I don't think they could write a season-long arc for her. I bet Dinsey came down strong on them to not have Elsa flip flop and do something really evil before being redeemed. So they brought in EM to be the Big Bad. She is almost definitely the Snow Queen of the Hans Anderson tale.

Since A&E mentioned Emma and Elsa will develop a friendship, it is possible for Hook to end up as Kai as part of Emma's arc in overcoming that issue hinted in interviews. But their Regina permaboner makes it likely to involve Regina and Robin instead.

I don't think Rumple or Belle will be Kai/Gerda. Too soon for the Dagger-plot to be resolved. I have a feeling that the Rumbelle drama may last all season long, but who knows. Belle may simply forgive him in two episodes.

Edited by Rumsy4

I did think at first that EM as a villain might carry over into 3B, but the fact that she is revealed so early suggests that her arc will be an important part of 4A.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see a villain carry over into 4B, I feel like the writers will follow their exact same formula from Season 3. I'm definitely hoping they'll prove me wrong, but I have my expectations set very low.

Belle may will simply forgive him in two episodes.

Fixed that for you. :)

• Love 4

Since A&E mentioned Emma and Elsa will develop a friendship, it is possible for Hook to end up as Kai as part of Emma's arc in overcoming that issue hinted in interviews. But their Regina permaboner makes it likely to involve Regina and Robin instead.

At first, I was sure they were going to do the Kai/Gerda storyline with Hook and Emma, with Emma being the one chasing him. But later I changed it to Regina and Robin, with Regina acting all cold and everybody thinking it's because of Marian and only Robin realizing something is wrong with her. But now, with all the spoilers from episode 4, I'm back with it being Hook and Emma.

I would prefer for A&E to stay away of this storyline. Emma and Hook's relationship is too fragile right now to go through something like that in a realistc way and Regina and Robin have been together for 4 days, so it would be quite ridiculous.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

It's very disappointing they're doing half-seasons again. Warning: Predictably has reached lethal levels. Viewers, prepare to evacuate!

I'm all for Snow Queen being both the 4A and 4B villains. They could downplay her in 4A, reveal her to the cast in late 4A, reveal her intentions at the end of 4A, then begin the real battle in 4B. They need to, at the very least, drop hints of 4B in late 4A. In 3A, we got absolutely nothing that had to do with 3B until the very end. Not even subtle Oz clues.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see a villain carry over into 4B, I feel like the writers will follow their exact same formula from Season 3. I'm definitely hoping they'll prove me wrong, but I have my expectations set very low.

Fixed that for you. :)

Two episodes? She'll forgive him in 10 minutes. Especially if he tells her himself instead of her finding out about it from someone else. The woman wouldn't care if he came home and announced he'd just turned Mrs. Yancy's Kindergarten class into potato salad:  she would just be so overwhelmed by his 'honesty' in admitting this to her that nothing else would matter. Sooner or later he's going to figure out that he can do pretty much as he pleases just as long as he keeps her in the loop. "I just had your father chopped up and served as hamburgers at Granny's!" "Oh, and you're telling me! You have such a good heart!"

• Love 4

I thought about this as well. To me, Hook and Emma are the obvious choice for Kai/Gerda, what with the seeming foreshadowing in the finale of him being unsure if Emma would go to the end of the world for him as he would her, and him looking in the mirror in Rumple's vault to reveal the glamour spell was over. It would be a huge leap of faith and love for Emma to know that he's not just leaving her like everybody else, that something bad has happened to him. 

But given that they took away defeating Zelena with light magic from Emma and gave it to Regina, it would be right up their alley to give the storyline to Regina. In that case, I think it would be Robin in the Kai role. Regina would go after him and Marian wouldn't, thereby proving that Regina's love for him is more pure than Marian's. ::Insert groaning and massive eyeroll.::

There's also the Sidney "Glass" double meaning that could be part of it. And there's a bit of mirror imaging possibly at play here, too -- the troll mirror in the Snow Queen tale makes things appear ugly, while the Evil Queen's mirror traditionally reveals "the fairest of them all." Another mirror: In the Snow Queen tale, Gerda finds Kai on a frozen lake that the Snow Queen calls "The Mirror of Reason." And there's even another mirror that could come into play -- Will and Anastasia reached Wonderland through a mirror that he stole from Maleficent. Mirrors aplenty!

Speaking of frozen lakes, remember that Will's sister died in a frozen lake. Maybe it was the Snow Queen's frozen lake. Lots of things possibly at play here.

I do wonder why the Snow Queen is apparently targeting Emma. That seems kind of important.

(Oh, another thought! Years and years ago, I wrote a short story in which glass served as a metaphor for a character's emotional walls. That story ended with breaking glass, so that's a personal-connection possible title metaphor I thought of. Maybe the title could play into Emma's walls.)

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

I don't think they're going to bother with a Gerda/Kai. It's not like they did anything with the Neverland world or Oz. For the most part they just pick 1 chaarcter and plop them down in the middle of Once as the villain du jour.  The other characters they use as name dropping so they can pretend they're cool and awesome.

Isn't everyone always targeting Emma (often on the flimsiest of pretexts, or for a reason that Adam&Eddie proceed to wipe out)?

Yeah she's like their red herring.  That seems to be her only purpose. Watch them pretend Elsa is going to be her friend and at the end we'll see Elsa and Woegina painting each other's toe nails.

In 3A, we got absolutely nothing that had to do with 3B until the very end. Not even subtle Oz clues.

Well I think their explanation for this was that both arcs had the same theme, finding home and happiness.  Yeah I don't buy it either.

I don't think they're going to bother with a Gerda/Kai.

Yeah, I don't get the feeling that they're at all familiar with any of the non-Disney versions of anything. Their use of fairy tales has been either extremely superficial or very Disney-centric, and they don't seem to be drawing on too much beyond the Disney basics. So they probably saw the title "The Snow Queen" and figured it would fit with Frozen, and that's about as far as they delved into the story -- hey, there's snow, and there's ice, it fits!

Isn't everyone always targeting Emma (often on the flimsiest of pretexts, or for a reason that Adam&Eddie proceed to wipe out)?

"YOU ORDERED A SCOOP OF ROCKY ROAD AND A SCOOP OF BLUEBERRY. THAT FLAVOR COMBINATION DOES NOT WORK. SO NOW YOU MUST DIE!"

• Love 5
"YOU ORDERED A SCOOP OF ROCKY ROAD AND A SCOOP OF BLUEBERRY. THAT FLAVOR COMBINATION DOES NOT WORK. SO NOW YOU MUST DIE!"

OK, but in fairness, that would actually be pretty good grounds for someone's destruction. Rocky Road is gross.

• Love 1

It's very disappointing they're doing half-seasons again. Warning: Predictably has reached lethal levels. Viewers, prepare to evacuate!

The half-season formula was a success in Season 3, though, from a network standpoint. The ratings were at their steadiest for that season. And while you may want another full 22-episode season story, I'd rather avoid a repeat of the Season 2 disaster. At least with half-season arcs, the show keeps focus.

It's not like they did anything with the Neverland world or Oz. For the most part they just pick 1 chaarcter and plop them down in the middle of Once as the villain du jour. The other characters they use as name dropping so they can pretend they're cool and awesome.

Actually, they did do stuff with those characters....it was just that they had the opposite problem both times. With Neverland, the other characters besides Pan were important (Tink, the Darling siblings, and obviously Hook), but they half-assed their connections with one another and instead tied them to other Once characters (Pan to Rumple, Tink to Regina, the Darlings to Neal, Hook to Emma). With Oz, the characters were all more connected to each other (Zelena, Glinda, Dorothy, the Wizard of Oz), but aside from Zelena connections with Regina and Rumple, the connections with the main cast is nil. Nobody knew Dorothy, Snowing's meeting with Glinda was a drive-by, and Emma never finds out Walsh was the Wizard and her whole relationship with him ends up being of very little consequence and even joked about!

Well I think their explanation for this was that both arcs had the same theme, finding home and happiness. Yeah I don't buy it either.

I would have bought it had the whole stretch of Zelena episodes actually dealt with that theme, but it did NOT, despite what Adam and Eddy seem to think. Finding home was only dealt with after Zelena was killed off, so saying that whole arc had that theme is nonsense. Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

I don't think they're going to bother with a Gerda/Kai. 

I both agree and disagree.   I don't think we're going to see any direct allusion to that part of the story, mainly because I think a fair percentage of the viewing audience doesn't know the original story.  However, I think the frozen heart aspect was such a major part of Frozen, and the TLK is such a major part of this show, there is no way they are not going there. 

The way frozen hearts, etc work is a little different in the story than it is in the movie, but I have a feeling they'll hand wave that away with having Elizabeth Mitchell do the deed instead of Elsa.

• Love 1

The way frozen hearts, etc work is a little different in the story than it is in the movie, but I have a feeling they'll hand wave that away with having Elizabeth Mitchell do the deed instead of Elsa.

I think so too. I bet Disney wouldn't let them have Elsa be the one freezing hearts the way Kai's was in the original tale. So, they brought in EM to be the original Snow Queen and freeze hearts. I mean, this story literally begs for a True Love's Kiss/act of True Love. Snowing have graduated to some supreme status with the split heart thing. Rumple is no where near ready to let go of his power, and I think that will factor into him eventually having a proper True Love's kiss with Belle. Regina/Robin had a four day romance. Please please let it not be them! It'll be spitting in the face of Marian if they go that route right now! Besides, we already know that Robin and Regina are "Soul Mates". Regina also had a TLK with Henry in S3 (without a heart). Mr. Bennet voice: Let the other characters have a chance to exhibit. 

I would love for this storyline to go to Hook and Emma. The failed New York True Love's Kiss hasn't been resolved yet. As others have said, Hook is still unsure as to how much Emma cares for him. And it will be nice to see her putting in the effort to salvage their relationship if he starts acting aloof. On the other hand, the abc president recently said that they would love for OUAT to have several seasons. So, A&E could draw all the main romance story arcs out for needless angst. Maybe the True Love's Kiss will be between Granny and Gepetto! :-) 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

I would love for this storyline to go to Hook and Emma. The failed New York True Love's Kiss hasn't been resolved yet. As others have said, Hook is still unsure as to how much Emma cares for him. And it will be nice to see her putting in the effort to salvage their relationship if he starts acting aloof. On the other hand, the abc president recently said that they would love for OUAT to have several seasons. So, A&E could draw all the main romance story arcs out for needless angst. Maybe the True Love's Kiss will be between Granny and Gepetto! :-) 

My little CS heart really wants it to be Hook and Emma, because I think they are destined for a TLK somewhere. And these speculated failed date spoilers make me think they're setting them up for a "Are they really meant to be?". However: We've seen that Rumple has a white streak in his hair. So is his heart frozen? Or maybe just his head?

Uuuuugh Granny and Gepetto. Fifty Shades of Cocoon.

• Love 3

But isn't a TLK between Emma and Hook sort of redundant at this point? I know it wasn't a TLK but Emma did freely give up her magic to save Hook -- seems a lot like love to me. Or if they do it, maybe put a little more distance from the Wicked Witch cursed kiss.

Although I do agree about the date being an interesting point for them. I do truly wonder how Emma is going to react to the hand and the new outfit. Is she going to welcome it or is it going to be one of those moments where she admits she doesn't want him to change for her. In fact, I can easily see it going the second way, which may be why Hook is drunk at the docks the next night. Plus, it's the only way I can see that working without it getting too weird with the whole ability/disability angle.

• Love 1

Actually they’re two couples who people speculate about being kai Gerda  mostly  cs and OQ but between the two it will be more logical to be CS from a writing view ,

1 OQ already have plenty of angst this season with the triangle the real question at this time is will they resolve it this half or will be an ongoing sl for the entire season.  At first I thought it will be resolved in 4a now with the lack of real spoiler scene between Sean and Lana I begin to fear they will drag this story in 4b so no need to add the frozen heart.

2   We already know that they are soul mate at this time. They are the big biggest love story never told after a 5 days romance.  The frozen heart will not reveal something new about their love at all.
3 HOW cannot see how these writers can jungle Robin Regina and Mariam with the broken glass story without be any more weird that this love story is really  already is . I can imagine Robin is curse. Marian just gave up on him and her son as Regina all sudden quit everything in storybook including Henry to run in another realm after him. All that for a guy she does really know at all it will be stupid storytelling with zero suspense. Well I guess that’s exactly what they are going to do.  So, Regina again save the day how original …not

Now CS  
1 There’s a big question about what are Emma real feeling about hook since the final.  The spoiler indicates the romance and relation between her and hook is a central at this time in the storyline.
2 it appears that hook has some change in his behavior who could match the original story. Snow queen follows Emma around and after that we have the snow queen centric..

The suspense and actual spoiler indicate that it is CS who will have this particular storyline and if this is the case I will be happy about it and a curse hand definitively be an interesting twist on it.
We will see with new spoiler this week but for the first time I’m really curious about where the story goes.

• Love 2

But isn't a TLK between Emma and Hook sort of redundant at this point? I know it wasn't a TLK but Emma did freely give up her magic to save Hook -- seems a lot like love to me. Or if they do it, maybe put a little more distance from the Wicked Witch cursed kiss.

I agree that a True Love's Kiss between Emma and Hook would be a lot like the "CPR" scene they already did last season, and I'm pretty sure a TLK ring of light was involved with that anyways, so they technically already have had a quasi-TLK. It just wasn't a huge scene like Emma kissing Henry on the forehead to break the curse. I could see them wanting to play with Emma having to actually say the words "I love you" though, since Hook and Emma don't really have any issues kissing each other at this point. Verbally admitting her love to Hook would be a much bigger hurdle for an emotionally guarded person like Emma than giving him a TLK.

So my theory is that she'll have to actually say the words "I love you" to save him from something, and maybe it'll even be combined with a True Love's Teardrop (TLT?) falling on Hook to revive him (see: Tangled). 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I agree that a True Love's Kiss between Emma and Hook would be a lot like the "CPR" scene they already did last year, and I'm pretty sure a TLK ring of light was involved with that anyways, so they technically already have had a quasi-TLK.

We suspect that...but I don't think they do.  I think they're both a little unsure of the other's feelings for them, and I think Emma is unsure of her feelings for Hook (or at least unwilling to admit their depth).  So I think they do still need to have a full blown TLK, where they have to acknowledge that it happened. 

I also think that most of the viewing audience didn't rewind that seend and watch endless gifs of it trying to decipher if there was a TLK ring there.  So I think the casual viewer does not thing they've had any sort of TLK.

• Love 1

I agree that a True Love's Kiss between Emma and Hook would be a lot like the "CPR" scene they already did last year, and I'm pretty sure a TLK ring of light was involved with that anyways, so they technically already have had a quasi-TLK. It just wasn't a huge scene like Emma kissing Henry on the forehead to break the curse. I could see them wanting to play with Emma having to actually say the words "I love you" though, since Hook and Emma don't really have any issues kissing each other at this point. Verbally admitting her love to Hook would be a much bigger hurdle for an emotionally guarded person like Emma than giving him a TLK.

The ring of light was Emma's magic vanishing because of Zelena's curse, I thought. AND they had just buried the father of Emma's child, so I don't think there were many feelings aside from the need to save Killian's life.

Well if they're literally doing the Frozen heart stuff from the movie then I'm putting money on it being Anna/Elsa in reverse where Elsa saves Anna this time around.

It looks like we have a ton of story to get through but A&E can zip through a lot in a short period of time. (They can also get nothing done in a long period of time). How? By devoting 10 seconds to each so-called story besides the main one.  All these "stories" we're speculating on aren't going to be 11 episodes long arc. Most are probably a one episode or 2 episodes at the most as we saw with Emma's home stuff.

Edited by Jean

I'm pretty sure they will do the frozen heart thing, because A&E said in an interview a while back that they loved the parallels between Once's grabbing hearts out of people's chests and Frozen's frozen hearts.

My guess is Robin/Regina, though. Hook seems to have other stuff going on with his hand and all, and I agree it's too similar to some stuff from last season. I think the writers would see TLK as a conveniently definitive way to resolve their relationship.

Would they really give OQ the climatic scene of the season? I know they luuuurve Woegina, but they seem to have 0 interest in Robin as a character and the OQ relationship (except as a reason for Woegina to cry) so I don't know if they'd go there.

Maybe this is wishful thinking. Marian is probably Hans in disguise.

• Love 1

"Awake, Arise,..."

???

I don't think the show realizes how ridiculous and schmaltzy they actually are. They take themselves so seriously, but somewhere in early season 2, the show basically devolved into a live-action cartoon. Those two or three scenes of honest drama every third episode are elusive breaks from the inanity for the adults still watching the show.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 5

"Awake, Arise,..."

???

I don't think the show realizes how ridiculous and schmaltzy they actually are. 

Well, the writers don't do the promo material. It is silly, but I'm still curious whether there are actually supposed to be some Paradise Lost parallels -- given this is the second time they've used it now -- or if some marketing intern just went "Oh this sounds ominous and cool..."

• Love 2

Would they really give OQ the climatic scene of the season? I know they luuuurve Woegina, but they seem to have 0 interest in Robin as a character and the OQ relationship (except as a reason for Woegina to cry) so I don't know if they'd go there.

Maybe this is wishful thinking. Marian is probably Hans in disguise.

I'm theorizing them sitting in the writer's room going, "Shit. How do we fix Robin and Regina?" Because it'd be completely out of character for Robin to leave Marian, and Regina is trying to be a good girl (pfft). I don't think they know what to do, so they're not focusing on it.

I do ship OQ, but I can't see a good way out of this unless Marian is a casualty of the Snow Queen. And then I seriously doubt Robin will go running back to Regina. There'll be a period of mourning. I don't see a happily ever after for OQ until the end of maybe 4B.