Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

scenicbyway, on 17 Apr 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Seriously though, what's happened to Robin? Why promote him to series regular only to basically write him off after Zelena has the baby?

I recently learned that "series regular" assures that the actors are available for filming whenever they're needed for filming, whereas a recurring character could end up with other one-time projects etc and that could lead to scheduling conflicts. So, technically, a series regular has nothing to do with the amount of episodes a character appears in but with how they're available.

But I think it would have been better had Robin stayed in Storybrooke with the baby. Regina and he could have had a long goodbye or at least an intense and then a reunion would have been even sweeter. Lovers don't need to be together 24/7 and I think that a) Regina's a very independent and strong woman anyway and b) if a situation occured during which she needed to be calmed down and reminded to keep her temper (and darker side) in check, there are enough people around to do that. (And Robin's not there to do it anyway...) I think a "background" relationship between Regina and Robin would be a lot more satisfying than dragging Robin around with her and not doing anything with the relationship. If Robin survives, maybe they'll do that? Or could consider doing that?

So what if the funeral is for Belle's dad and she's stuck like that forever? A girl can dream.

If only!

No, maybe the big twist for the end of the season is that Rumbelle do get their TLK after all, which breaks the DO curse, which is why it seems like Rumple is staying in NYC and the heroes hijacked his car because he doesn't need it anymore.

Wouldn't that just render the big "Rumple is the DO again!" Plot twist pointless? Yep, which means there's a good chance it'll happen.

Someone has to wake Belle up, and I don't really think it'll be her father.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

Emilie didn't film in the last few episodes that we could see. Rumple doesn't appear to return to Storybrooke because the Nevengers use his car to get back. Perhaps Rumple ends up in the potential asylum? I don't think there's a Rumbelle kiss by the end of the season because there doesn't seem to be a Rumbelle.

I think Rumple is in NYC because he's trying to find a way to cure Belle. I doubt the Mo kiss is going to work. The idea that he dies before they get back and it's his funeral is a good one. Or maybe it's Belle's funeral (nah). 

• Love 1
InsertWordHere, on 17 Apr 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:InsertWordHere, on 17 Apr 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

I think Rumple is in NYC because he's trying to find a way to cure Belle. I doubt the Mo kiss is going to work. The idea that he dies before they get back and it's his funeral is a good one. Or maybe it's Belle's funeral (nah). 

I was considering Belle's funeral a possibility until they made her pregnant. I truly doubt they're going to kill a mother and her unborn baby.

Rumple of all people should know that there's only one way to cure a sleeping curse, shouldn't he? And I doubt that the answer to cure magic is in a "land without magic". But, if you think about the Disney movie, maybe Maurice is the one who ended up in the asylum? He nearly gets committed in Beauty and the Beast. And Rumple could be in NYC to find a way to get him back to Storybrooke? (after all, it seems like those who went through the portal ended up in NYC when they came back)

Edited by CheshireCat

I'm assuming the asylum Dorothy mentioned in Ruby Slippers is the same one we'll be seeing in the finale. If so, that seems to confirm that they Americanized Jekyll and Hyde.

Maybe Rumple will luck out and all he has to do is True Love Talk to a sleeping Belle ala What happened with Papa Hook and a random nurse lady, :P

I need to re-look at those funeral pic spoilers. Was Belle in any of them? To suggest if she's awake at that point or not?

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Maybe Rumple will try to Jekyll and Hyde himself, so DO Rumple can keep his magic and family man Rumple can kiss Belle.

Rumple of all people should know that there's only one way to cure a sleeping curse, shouldn't he? And I doubt that the answer to cure magic is in a "land without magic". 

Rumple would also look for a loophole if possible. They were trying to bottle Auntie Em's curse, maybe he's trying to do something similar. I'd agree about the land without magic except he stopped in Chinatown, and media tends to portray that as a sort of mystical place. 

• Love 2

Rumple would also look for a loophole if possible. They were trying to bottle Auntie Em's curse, maybe he's trying to do something similar. I'd agree about the land without magic except he stopped in Chinatown, and media tends to portray that as a sort of mystical place.

Maybe he was in search of the Dragon that Tamara killed with her Taser of Doom? Or maybe the Dragon had family in the US who could help Rumpel. I think they are setting up a Power vs Belle/Baby Damien choice for Rumpel, but he's got to explore all options before he gives up the power. I figure the show will give him a loophole because powerless Rumpel is boring and they can't kill off Belle and her baby. Even if he stays in New York in the finale looking for the answer, he'll be back in the premiere with some super special magical item that gives him everything.

• Love 1

Maybe he was in search of the Dragon that Tamara killed with her Taser of Doom? Or maybe the Dragon had family in the US who could help Rumpel.

That's a good idea. The Dragon in Phuket is what made me think OUaT might go the Mystical Asian in Chinatown route.

Now that TLKs have lost all validity since all it requires is instalove (!).....i have a (rather fanciful) hope that A&E have dreamed up something even more 'special' in the TLK vein for CS and the reason no-one has ever mentioned this super-special version is that it hasn't ever been heard of before because it involves the True Love temple in the UW. ...i can already picture it paired with the gorgeous music variation of the CS theme that was recently twittered....this is the head canon that washes that flaccid poorly presented TLK we saw (that would have been so much better if it had been Ruby and Mulan!!!- well, what would have made more sense) from my mind.

Edited by PixiePaws1

It looks like James cuffs Emma with the anti magic cuff before he pulls his gun on Robin. 

I wonder if Hades is the one who sent him and Cruella after the baby (probably). I sort of feel like Zelena is playing Hades when she went down to see him. I got the whole "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" type of vibe from her. She knows Hades is after a baby but she still offered Belle a solution to her predicament. She can  trust Robin and even Regina with her child, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't think she can trust Hades with the baby.

I guess Pan and Rumple are kidnapping Zelena to get Hades to tear up the contract.

• Love 1

Maybe it isn't a funeral exactly but IS for Belle? Her father doesn't work, Rumple doesnt work, so they do something more permanent to keep her safe and have a little goodbye ceremony?

• Love 1

I've been reading this theory on tumblr about Emma going under a Sleeping Curse at the end of 5B. The idea is that Regina goes Jekyll & Hyde over Robin's death, and curses Emma. 6A will be finding where Emma is stashed (cause half a dozen people can give her a TLK) interspersed with flashbacks of how it happened. It does seem to be foreshadowed by Emma saying she will sleep for weeks once they defeat Hades. A Sleeping Curse is as redundant as amnesia, portals, and the Dark Curse at this point. Which means A&E will most likely go for it.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
I've been reading this theory on tumblr about Emma going under a Sleeping Curse at the end of 5B.

I think it's a strong possibility that this will happen to her. Emma mirrors her mother, and CS mirror Snowing.

There has been foreshadowing of it during the whole season. All of a sudden the Dark One doesn't need to sleep, and Hook is shouting at Merlin about how Emma doesn't sleep, and Emma is promising Killian she will sleep once they defeat Hades.

• Love 2

I've been reading this theory on tumblr about Emma going under a Sleeping Curse at the end of 5B. The idea is that Regina goes Jekyll & Hyde over Robin's death, and curses Emma. 6A will be finding where Emma is stashed (cause half a dozen people can give her a TLK) interspersed with flashbacks of how it happened. It does seem to be foreshadowed by Emma saying she will sleep for weeks once they defeat Hades. A Sleeping Curse is as redundant as amnesia, portals, and the Dark Curse at this point. Which means A&E will most likely go for it.

I don't think they'll regress Regina though, I think the point of Robin dying is that she won't do what she did when Daniel died. That's why they keep bringing in villains, so Regina doesn't have to be one. I also don't think Emma will be lost again. But I wouldn't mind if having her under a sleeping curse got us a TLK finally--from Hook.

• Love 1

Plus, the only other member of her immediate family who hasn't been under the sleeping curse is Nealflake. It would make some sort of sense for Emma to go under, next.

I don't think they'll regress Regina though, I think the point of Robin dying is that she won't do what she did when Daniel died. That's why they keep bringing in villains, so Regina doesn't have to be one. I also don't think Emma will be lost again. But I wouldn't mind if having her under a sleeping curse got us a TLK finally--from Hook.

They can easily go down the same road of fake out that they did with Emma in 5A. Everyone thought she was the worst, but she really wasn't.

I'll be disappointed if it's a sleeping curse. It sounds like a repeat of the Dark One ending. Plus, travel and breaking sleeping curses shouldn't be that difficult these days.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

A&E don't know what to do with Regina, this season is a proof of that, so I wouldn't put it pass them to revert her to the EQ as a consequence of a curse or something like that, so she (and they) can blame someone else for all her crimes once she is back to hero status. But I doubt it, like I doubt the sleeping curse for Emma this season. It would be the third this half season, a bit too much even for A&E.

And it's just a line of dialogue. Not every line of dialogue is foreshadowing. Really, some fans see foreshadowing in absolutely everything in this show, and most of the time it means nothing. It's like the supposed foreshadowing for a CS TLK that some are claiming since season 3, but we are in season 5 and a TLK between Grumpy and Granny seems more likely than one between Hook and Emma.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
RadioGirl27, on 19 Apr 2016 - 1:28 PM, said:

A&E don't know what to do with Regina, this season is a proof of that,

That is your interpretation. My interpretation is that she's evolving and has been steadily since S3. Same for Emma. And Regina not going EQ when Robin dies would be the next step in her evolution and my opinion is that it would make sense considering her development.

But Regina - while I can agree she's supposed to be "evolving" - really hasn't had a storyline this season. It's weird as hell, and it's true they don't know what to do with her now that she's redeemed and has everything she wants. Solution: take away something she wants (Robin) + unredeem her but in a way that's easily undone (a Jekyll/Hyde curse would be similar to the Shattered Sight curse, and allow her to be evil like A&E obviously prefer, while giving everyone else a reason not to give up on her and continue being her cheerleaders, which they also prefer). It's so perfectly in their wheelhouse, actually, I'll be surprised if they don't go this way. The alternative is... Regina loses Robin, and reacts like a sane person? Boring.

• Love 5

Yes. I'm telling you: she's going EQ again due to the Hyde potion somehow getting forced on her.

That way the writers can have their cake and eat it too: Regina being evil but avoiding culpability for it.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

Exactly. The writers like regressing character development in people. A Jekyll/Hyde curse would let them have their cake and eat it. Half the arc would be spent in figuring out who cursed Emma. Regina herself would be unaware of what she does in her "Evil Queen" self. There would be some convoluted reason why Emma's sleeping curse can't be broken (hidden away somewhere, etc.).

• Love 1

Exactly. The writers like regressing character development in people. A Jekyll/Hyde curse would let them have their cake and eat it. Half the arc would be spent in figuring out who cursed Emma. Regina herself would be unaware of what she does in her "Evil Queen" self. There would be some convoluted reason why Emma's sleeping curse can't be broken (hidden away somewhere, etc.).

They could open the season with a TLK.

The sleeping curse has already changed hands. Zelena had it, she  gave it to Belle, and I'm assuming it's between Rumple's hands now.

Serena, on 19 Apr 2016 - 2:03 PM, said:

But Regina - while I can agree she's supposed to be "evolving" - really hasn't had a storyline this season. It's weird as hell, and it's true they don't know what to do with her now that she's redeemed and has everything she wants. Solution: take away something she wants (Robin) + unredeem her but in a way that's easily undone (a Jekyll/Hyde curse would be similar to the Shattered Sight curse, and allow her to be evil like A&E obviously prefer, while giving everyone else a reason not to give up on her and continue being her cheerleaders, which they also prefer). It's so perfectly in their wheelhouse, actually, I'll be surprised if they don't go this way. The alternative is... Regina loses Robin, and reacts like a sane person? Boring.

I wouldn't find that boring. It could still be emotional.

And they haven't known what to do with Snow and Charming for quite some time now and they are just there, so I don't know if that's any indication of what they plan to do.

KingOfHearts, on 19 Apr 2016 - 2:15 PM, said:

So, if the classic Jeckyll/Hyde is played by two people, will Mills/Queen both be played by Lana?

I would think that would have to be the case.

They can easily go down the same road of fake out that they did with Emma in 5A. Everyone thought she was the worst, but she really wasn't.

But there's no reason for a fake out.  If Regina acts evil, they'll assume she's being her regular self, it's when she does something kind that surprises everyone.

But there's no reason for a fake out.  If Regina acts evil, they'll assume she's being her regular self, it's when she does something kind that surprises everyone.

Which gives the writers their other point which is that because the heroes think Regina went bad they're the worst of the worst because they didn't "BELIEVE" in her!  I think you've guys have nailed season 6!  Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

What I meant was that if Regina goes down the Jekyll and Hyde road, she will be behaving like the person that she is now, while stuff is happening, and they just don't know who is behind it. Meanwhile her EQ persona is wrecking havoc. 

Emma was behaving a certain way in 5A not because she had gone completely Dark One. She had her reasons for doing what she did. But she didn't cast the dark curse, and she didn't kill anyone to take the final step into the darkness.

I'm confused, did we get a spoiler about Regina going dark again? Or is this speculation?

Speculation based on a theory on Tumblr.  I think it's here in the spoiler discussion thread because there have been spoilers about Robin dying.

Didn't Lana hint something about Regina going dark a while ago? Like, beginning of 5B-ish? If they have this storyline in mind, they could have told her already, like they told JMo about DS at the beginning of S4.

I'm confused, did we get a spoiler about Regina going dark again? Or is this speculation?

Speculation based on a theory on Tumblr.

It's getting too far away from the 'spoiler about Robin dying' here. Now it's just full out speculating on Regina. And I'm not even going to link because I know y'all know where to Speculate and where to talk about Regina! 

Let's keep the discussion in here on actual spoilers and spoiler fueled discussion, please. Theories from Tumblr are speculation.

XeI8He9.jpg

• Love 1
Now that Hades and Zelena are reunited, Hades tells Zelena that he wants a future with her outside of the Underworld. All she needs to do is heal his heart with True Love’s Kiss so they can leave the Underworld and trap the heroes there for eternity. When Regina overhears of this plan, she enlists Cora’s help to find a way to separate Zelena from Hades.

Season 4: Regina enlists everyone's help around her to hand-deliver her a happy ending.

Season 5: Regina enlists everyone's help around her to destroy her sister's chance at a happy ending.

Edited by Curio

Maybe the secret has more to do with Zelena than it does with the actual family?

In the promo Cora tells Regina that Zelena is in danger from I'm assuming Hades. Maybe he just really wants something that goes beyond the TLK.

Either way, I think there's some serious retcon coming out way on Friday. Maybe Jonathan was really Zeus in disguise come to frolic with the mortal women before heading back to Olympus.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Either way, I think there's some serious retcon coming out way on Friday. Maybe Jonathan was really Zeus in disguise come to frolic with the mortal women before heading back to Olympus.

This makes sense, as this is exactly what Zeus did. And that would make Zelena Persephone, who was Zeus daughter.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

This makes sense, as this is exactly what Zeus did. And that would make Zelena Persephone, who was Zeus daughter.

I was just joking. If Zeus was disguised as Jonathan to get in Cora's pants, that makes Zelena Hades' niece. I'm pretty sure the show won't go for that.

Season 5: Regina enlists everyone's help around her to destroy her sister's chance at a happy ending.

Yeah, I do not like the wording in the press release. Really, Regina?

Edited by HoodlumSheep
RadioGirl27, on 19 Apr 2016 - 6:46 PM, said:

I really hope they don't go there because Zelena being a Demi-God... no thanks! I'm okay with her being redeemed, I've accepted that, but making her more special than everyone else on the show, including Emma, the product of true love, please no!

HoodlumSheep, on 19 Apr 2016 - 7:12 PM, said:

Yeah, I do not like the wording in the press release. Really, Regina?

I really don't see what the problem is. If Zelena gets a happy ending with Hades then she'd get the same kind of a happy ending Regina would have gotten (or thought she would get) had the Dark Curse not been broken. It's a happy ending at the expense of everyone else.