Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I think Henry's wanting his fake memories must have to do with the potential psycho Regina situation because Henry & Emma were very solid and if something went seriously wrong in that relationship (and it would have to be really drastic), Emma wouldn't be out kissing the pirate and going on dates instead of working to fix things with her son. I'd bet they've put Henry in a situation somewhere along the lines of what he felt in "Desperate Souls" where he was deliberately avoiding Emma because he didn't want Regina to murder her like Graham. Having fake memories of a normal life where he didn't worry about his mother killing everyone he loved would seem really nice in comparison to Henry's real memories. Henry is also growing up and spent a year as a non-believer, so the young boy who was impressed with the wonder of fairy tales and magic being real has been replaced by a teen/pre-teen who can see that good doesn't always win (his dad died) and the much scarier reality of so much power in the hands of unstable people. 

In one of those pictures was Emma wearing a black bra with a sheer top over it?  Because, what?

Emma wore a sheer red blouse over a black bra in Season 1, so it's nothing new in terms of wardrobe for her character.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Wouldn't Henry forgetting Regina make the situation even worse though? If Regina loses both Henry and Robin, there is no telling what she's going to do. Frankly those Evil Queen promo shoots would become reality if that were to happen. We could say she'd hit rock bottom and turn around, but with Regina it would probably just flip psycho mode on.

If Henry wants to move to NY all of a sudden because of the circumstances, that would be very disconnected to S3 from a story perspective. It would be a complete 180 from what we saw at the end of 3B.

Plus if he goes back to NY memories, all he has to do is touch the book for Regina or Emma to break it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I think Henry's now come round to Emma's way of thinking that life in New York is better than life in Storybrooke. His dad died a hero, but he now knows the full story of what Neal did to Emma. Regina did Light Magic, but is now back to being miserable, and is probably trying to make life hell for everyone again. There's a new villain trying to threaten everyone's life. Storybrooke doesn't have all the latest gadgets and video games. His grandparents are busy with the new baby, and are being even more boring taking about baby stuff all the time. Maybe Henry wants Gold to make his fake memories permanent, and remove his Storybrooke memories, so Emma would be "forced" to take him back to New York. 

I'm not sure--he would remember the last year, but somehow not remember things like his first fake day of school? 

Yes, that is a good point. Though it seemed like Emma remembered both the fake parts and the real year in her conversations with Hook last season. It would be my guess -- though based on very little -- that "getting his fake memories back" is poor wording for saying that Henry wants Rumple to undo the effects of the him touching the storybook and remembering (on him, presumably, not the whole town). But I guess we'll have to wait to see.

I think I have EM's snowflake necklace. I hang it on my Christmas tree.

Hee, same here! Despite that, though, I kind of dig it.

I have trouble seeing the show being willing to have Henry want to forget Regina, which is what making his fake memories his only set would mean, and I can't figure out how making his fake memories reappear, if they're gone, would improve things?

Oh, see, I can totally see the show going here--because undoubtedly the message will be Henry is 5000% wrong to want this, how could he ever want to forget the awesomest mother who ever did awesome, stupid Henry! It'll be all about his "discovering the light" and realizing that Regina is just.so.amazing he's a fool for wanting to forget anything to do with her.

If Henry wants to move to NY all of a sudden because of the circumstances, that would be very disconnected to S3 from a story perspective. It would be a complete 180 from what we saw at the end of 3B.

...which means it's almost certainly what's happening, right? ;)

• Love 2

Oh, see, I can totally see the show going here--because undoubtedly the message will be Henry is 5000% wrong to want this, how could he ever want to forget the awesomest mother who ever did awesome, stupid Henry!

Honestly, no matter what Henry does, it's stupid. Blowing up magic, stealing a car he can't drive, giving his heart to Pan, saying he should have never found Emma, etc, just to name a few off the top of my head. Of course in 3A and 3B he thought Regina was just awesome, and in S2 he was a major cheerleader for her redemption arc. Wanting to forget her seems out of character for him. If anything, he wants to forget Emma, even if they have a good relationship. (That's just how Henry rolls.)

His logic could go either way with this writing, though - he could want choose Regina so he can pacify her, or choose Emma so he can go back to New York. His character is so sporadic that neither would surprise me.

EM's Christmas ornament should look better after we get a better quality photograph!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

They're filming at a fish & chips shop tomorrow. Date? Not the most romantic spot, but at least it's not Granny's. Or they could be using it for something non-restauranty.

Hmm, the pic on the Twitter post appears to be of the one that will be open. I bet this is the one they'll be filming at, since they're supposed to be filming at the water.

Edited by Souris

Is it wrong that I saw the fish and chips thing and thought, "Perhaps Ariel is coming back." ;) As you said, Souris, at least it's not Granny's, but it could be a stand in for any number of places then with any number of people. Perhaps Emma has a talk with Henry, which steers him to Gold or something. Or yea, perhaps she goes on a date to a chip shop with a pirate who likes the ocean. Stay classy, Hook.

They're filming at a fish & chips shop tomorrow. Date? Not the most romantic spot, but at least it's not Granny's. Or they could be using it for something non-restauranty.

Hmm, the pic on the Twitter post appears to be of the one that will be open. I bet this is the one they'll be filming at, since they're supposed to be filming at the water.

That restaurant location is much more like it! Good sleuthing.

• Love 1

Sighting of Hook in his new outfit. No pics yet. Colin and Robert filming.

Dammit. I wanted to go to sleep. Ugh. Guess I'm taking a nap tomorrow instead.

Now where are the photos? And why is Hook hanging out in his new clothes with Gold?

Low quality pic of Hook's new outfit!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/026141c8e86fb81b39be3bedf5057cb0/tumblr_nal8ohNSDz1qavzhlo1_500.jpg

hopefully better ones will come out soon!

ETA: this one has been lightened a bit:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/864f973af54c9606cb673f40013f3e2d/tumblr_nal8zeBSoA1sjau5co1_500.jpg

Does he have his left hand there?!

ETA #2: Another LQ pic

https://31.media.tumblr.com/eb7484d09ce21c7a81709ff0e52d8b04/tumblr_nal99beFIU1rudlqeo1_500.jpg

It does look like he's wearing skinny jeans or something of that sort.

Edited by MaiLuna
Honestly, no matter what Henry does, it's stupid. Blowing up magic, stealing a car he can't drive, giving his heart to Pan, saying he should have never found Emma, etc, just to name a few off the top of my head. Of course in 3A and 3B he thought Regina was just awesome, and in S2 he was a major cheerleader for her redemption arc. Wanting to forget her seems out of character for him. If anything, he wants to forget Emma, even if they have a good relationship. (That's just how Henry rolls.)

There is a reason I call him the Truest Stupid.  :)

His logic could go either way with this writing, though - he could want choose Regina so he can pacify her, or choose Emma so he can go back to New York. His character is so sporadic that neither would surprise me.

The thing is, while I think either can work, the key for me is that they have to have Henry explain his logic. If he wants to forget about Storybrooke because being back for a few days reminds him of how miserable it can be, and how dangerous it almost always is is, and he realizes that he actually really liked life as a normal kid, that's fine, I just need him to say that. If he wants to forget about the real world for whatever reason, I can buy that, but again, I just want an explanation. Sometimes I think that the writers could actually make the audience buy the characters' boneheaded decisions 50% more if they'd just explain them, instead of just having the characters say "I want" and leaving it at that.

Also, I don't think I've seen this said before yet, but: Henry might even see losing his real memories, and thereby forcing Emma to take him back to New York, as a way to protect her if he feels like Regina's gunning for her. He's done something similar before (1x08), so it definitely wouldn't be out of character.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

And why is Hook hanging out in his new clothes with Gold?

The spoilers from the other day (which seemed to be from the set), with all the green screen, mentioned Gold was there too. 

I wonder if Gold is connected to the Snow Queen -- he usually seems to know most of the other big-magic power players. Maybe she was the one who asked him to urn up Elsa? 

ETA: I don't think Hook would wear his Hook on a date, and I don't think the actor would necessarily wear his "fake hand" glove before shooting starts in the middle of summer. And even if the writers go there with new hand thing, would they do it so early in the season?

Edited by retrograde

Low quality pic of Hook's new outfit!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/026141c8e86fb81b39be3bedf5057cb0/tumblr_nal8ohNSDz1qavzhlo1_500.jpg

hopefully better ones will come out soon!

ETA: this one has been lightened a bit:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/864f973af54c9606cb673f40013f3e2d/tumblr_nal8zeBSoA1sjau5co1_500.jpg

Does he have his left hand there?!

It does indeed look like his real hand. What the balls is going on? Is this a rehearsal perhaps or has Storybrooke been scrambled? I mean, this again would fit the "Hook gets his hand" spoiler but how? Edited by sharky

Oh thank god, he still has a high-ish collar on that new jacket! But is he wearing a v-neck underneath?? I can't believe I'm staying up past midnight refreshing my Internet for this.

• Love 1
Mostly, what that shot emphasizes to me is how tiny Colin O'D is. Josh Dallas, now that he's bulked up, has to have at least 20 pounds of muscle on Colin.

LOL, @stealinghome, I feel like what you really wanted to say was "Ya, well, my TV boyfriend can beat up your TV boyfriend." Points for trying to be subtle :-D

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 4

Better picture!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f504e578e1e944579b2975c0a9cd3e8c/tumblr_nala8u2gat1slj2w7o1_500.png

Apparently he's been filming with 2 hands. He's near the fish & chips place...

ETA: another LQ picture from the front

https://31.media.tumblr.com/fd87d9485818b13d986f6129ee244bda/tumblr_nalaqpZ5211qews4qo1_500.png

ETA #2: https://38.media.tumblr.com/f7fb0cad3a034672705af6d82a5bf6d3/tumblr_nalb954JRF1s3i4w3o1_500.jpg

Hook and Rumpel is Gold's car. Is Hook the one blackmailing him?

Edited by MaiLuna
Description of Colin’s outfit on set: black leather jacket, dark skinny jeans, and NO HOOK.

Source.

It looks from that second shot that he has the fake hand/glove on. Or, maybe not, given the third picture!

Edited by Souris

Also, I don't think I've seen this said before yet, but: Henry might even see losing his real memories, and thereby forcing Emma to take him back to New York, as a way to protect her if he feels like Regina's gunning for her. He's done something similar before (1x08), so it definitely wouldn't be out of character.

I literally said that upthread, except I think Regina's going to be gunning for Marian. ;-) Either way, Henry will be so over it, especially as he would have a hard time watching Regina backslide yet again.

I can't flail over these grainy pictures of Colin. I hope we get a clearer shot soon! lol

If he's still wearing leather pants, I'm not going to be very excited. Leather pants only work as modern outfits for rock stars and evil Angelus. Sorry. Also, are those the same pointy shoes?

stealinghome, Dallas is for sure more muscular, but I kind of like the lean but muscled look that O'Donoghue has got going on.

ETA:

Gold and Hook in Gold's car. Maybe it is a date, but the spoilers had the wrong couple. Golden Hook 4ever!

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 3

Another picture. RC is in this one, too.

CaptainSkin is the new ship name, LOL.

Basically they’re shooting Rumple getting into his car, and Hook getting in next to him, slamming the door. Looks like he’s actually using his hand.

Source for above.

Looks like he has his bag (or as I call them, Jackpacks, thanks to "24") in this pic.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

If he's still wearing leather pants, I'm not going to be very excited.

Considering Colin's advice to Hook was to lose the leather pants, I'd say his new outfit will not have leather pants if he has anything to say about it. Those have to be hella uncomfortable for him to wear. How is it that not one person can get a decent quality shot? 

How is it that not one person can get a decent quality shot?

Low lighting + security probably not allowing any flash photography + people using cameras without nice lenses/tripods that can handle the proper aperture settings required for night time shooting = shitty grainy photos.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
Those have to be hella uncomfortable for him to wear. How is it that not one person can get a decent quality shot?

One person on tumblr said that at the moment they could only post what pictures they've taken with their phone. I suspect much the same applies to everyone there. In a few hours we may see the ones they took with better cameras...maybe.

If Hook shows up to the date with his new clothes AND his hand back, Emma's brain is just gonna short-circuit from trying to process it all. Her OMG!WTF face at seeing Gold in all his Rumple glory in the finale will pale in comparison.

Night shoots are a bitch. You need the right equipment to get something decent.

“Don’t make me do something you’ll regret”

- Hook to Rumple

Source. So I think we have the answer to who's blackmailing Rumple. 

So the scene right now looks like Gold gets into his car next to his shop. Killian opens the door of the car and gets in. We can’t hear what they’re saying but a part of their conversation one of their voices gets louder (maybe some yelling? Idk I don’t wanna give false info) and then Killian gets out of the car slams the door and walks away.

Source.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

http://captaincronut.tumblr.com/

So Hook says to Rumpel “Don’t make me do something you’ll regret”. So now we know for almost sure he's the one blackmailing Rumpel. But why wouldn't Rumpel just kill him? Or erase his memories?

ETA:

Are we sure that's Rumple in the car with Hook?

Here's a clearer picture: https://31.media.tumblr.com/3a535a0a08f8ae9a3e9ff9f755a67708/tumblr_nalcno5z8e1qjmp0ko1_500.jpg

Edited by MaiLuna

Here is a photo of the photo shoot earlier today.

And here is... this

ETA:

So the scene right now looks like Gold gets into his car next to his shop. Killian opens the door of the car and gets in. We can’t hear what they’re saying but a part of their conversation one of their voices gets louder (maybe some yelling? Idk I don’t wanna give false info) and then Killian gets out of the car slams the door and walks away.

Edited by retrograde

Are we sure that's Rumple in the car with Hook? Because from that picture, it looks more like Hook is chatting up the Cowardly Lion. But hey, Rumple's been everything else, maybe he was the CL. At this point I'm expecting them to reveal he's also Humpty Dumpty, The Little Old Lady who Lived in a Shoe, Mother Hubbard's Dog, and the spoon from Hey Diddle Diddle. 

• Love 2
LOL, stealinghome, I feel like what you really wanted to say was "Ya, well, my TV boyfriend can beat up your TV boyfriend." Points for trying to be subtle :-D

lol! To be fair, I'm also thinking about how much bigger Hook's pirate coat makes Colin O look. It's really the shoulders--it looks like he lost like 10% of his shoulder width by ditching the coat. Much less imposing without it.

I can't see Hook blackmailing Rumpel going well for anyone. At least we now know what "pirate tendencies" Colin O was referring to--so the question is how does it snowball to involve Emma....

• Love 3

I can't see Hook blackmailing Rumpel going well for anyone. At least we now know what "pirate tendencies" Colin O was referring to--so the question is how does it snowball to involve Emma....

Well I imagine she won't be super impressed when she finds out. I suspect this is also his "Hook does the wrong thing even when trying to do good things" bit. Hook has a makeover to impress Emma, and she's touched, but when she finds out he did it by blackmailing Rumple (I assume he'll say Rumple offered?), it won't seem quite so romantic. Question is, would she see this as a huge issue or more of a "Sigh. Really?" kinda thing. 

This is probably the clearest shot yet. 

Edited by retrograde

Hook blackmailing Rumpel over the dagger seems really contrived. First, why wouldn't Rumpel just mindwipe him and make him forget about it or you know, make something tragic happen to Hook? Second, Hook is also really not that stupid. He knows Rumpel is both crazy and powerful and now that he's not Suicidal!Hook, I don't see why he'd risk it all for a little gain. I really hope that's not what's going on and that there's something else at play.

• Love 5

To quote the Doctor (Second, Tenth, Eleventh whatever): You've redecorated. I don't like it.

Maybe it will look better in HD.

I just really don't see why Rumple wouldn't just wipe Hook's memory instead of doing his bidding. Regina wiped Henry's memory easily enough and probably with much more hesitation (maybe) than Rumple would have for Hook. Unless Hook's concocted a super complicated Bond villain-esque scheme. However, I am excited for more Hook/Rumple scenes.

ETA: Maybe in addition to the dagger secret, Hook finds out some info about Rumple from Elsa. Maybe she wasn't just urned because Rumple couldn't control her/ her powers, but because she knew something Rumple didn't want others knowing.

Also, apparently the jacket is brown leather and according to this report, he still has a gloved left hand. I'm not much of a fashionista, but a dark brown leather jacket with black leather pants? Even I know that's not supposed to work. I thought Hook had better fashion sense than that.

ETA2: Pics from The Hook/Elsa scene. Mr O'Donoghue, what is your face? It's amazing.

ETA3: Hook just punched a (probably) drunk Knave to the ground.

Here's a pic of the result.

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 2

Spoilers like that one about Hook blackmailing Rumple are the reason why the writing of this show sucks so hard. So Hook, the person who better knows Rumple and what he is capable of is the one blackmailing him. Unless he hit his head when he jumped through that portal, it makes no sense.

• Love 4

I'm not feeling it with Hook's change of clothing yet. Apparently he's wearing "shiny" skinny jeans. Why, though? Couldn't they get him normal jeans, not shiny or skinny?

If Hook really is dumb enough to be blackmailimg Rumple, that's so not going to end well for him. You go against Rumple or Regina in this Show, you're either dead, or you'll end up with a dark spot on your heart that you can only get rid of by kissing their ass. Emma is going to be so pissed!! She'll probably break-up with him over this. Cue more angst.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Colin really is a man of the string bean variety.  I'm sad to see the pirate costume go but I'll reserve judgement until this show airs.

“Don’t make me do something you’ll regret”
- Hook to Rumple

Really, Hook?  300 years of Neverland, a revenge that lead you nowhere and now this against Rumple?  I'm pretty sure it was Maid Marian who was conked in the head during the finale. 

I'm really wondering if Hook doesn't actually know Elsa.  Seems like he's the one who has been spending the most time with her and it can't be just for babysitting duties, can it?  Didn't Elsa and Rumple film together last week?

And he punches a drunken Knave.  Jeebus Hook, deep cleansing breaths!

• Love 1

Really, that can only end with Hook dead or with Rumple doing something totally out of character. And really two character acting out of character in the same storyline is too much even for this show.

I guess the bit from the EW interview about Snow and Charming being supportive of the relationship between Emma and Hook really ment them being there for her when Hook dies/desappears/forgets about her/whatever Rumple does to him.

Oh, and yes those jeans are awful.

What if it's Henry blackmailing Rumple and Hook is protecting him?

I don't know how the "don't make me do something you'll regret" could fit in, but I don't see Hook doing evil (or he could lose Emma and the Charmings).

What if it's Henry blackmailing Rumple and Hook is protecting him?

I don't know how the "don't make me do something you'll regret" could fit in, but I don't see Hook doing evil (or he could lose Emma and the Charmings).

This was my thought as well.  Or he blackmails Rumple to keep him away from Henry.  I just really don't want a lot of character back-sliding.  We already have Rumple and Regina likely upending their redemption arcs, having Hook do it too would just be so boring.

However, I'm not sure I think Hook is at risk from Rumple.  Even if Belle isn't a Hook fan, I can't imagine that she'd be okay with Rumple doing something to him.  That would also be the end of whatever contact he had with his grandson.

I'm thinking that the support from Snowing is more likely to be along the lines of encouraging Emma to not overreact to whatever well-intentioned bad thing he does.

• Love 1

It's very hard to tell from only a few pictures and snatches of dialogue, but Killian has neither the brains nor any magic to go up against Gold.  Threatening Gold just makes Killian look stupid.  And without the 50 pounds of pirate costume, he really looks like a kid.  Gold would make mincemeat of him if he wasn't such a popular part of the franchise.

• Love 3

I'm not much of a fashionista, but a dark brown leather jacket with black leather pants? Even I know that's not supposed to work. I thought Hook had better fashion sense than that.

They might be going for a combination of Hook's old outfit and his Prince Charles attire. The Charles outfit had a brown coat and grey/black pants and it still worked okay, but it's hard to tell from these pictures just how brown his new jacket is. If it's slightly "clashy" with the black pants, maybe that's done on purpose to emphasize how he still feels like he doesn't fit comfortably into Storybrooke and his new modern persona yet? (Yeah, I'm kind of grasping at straws here.) Although, I do appreciate the slight color variation because it seems like every male in Storybrooke wears a black leather jacket (Charming, Knave, August, I'm too lazy to think of more but I'm sure there are others).

And y'all can tease Colin for being lanky all you want, but I'll take a tall skinny guy over a huge muscled-up dude any day. ;-)

I just really don't see why Rumple wouldn't just wipe Hook's memory instead of doing his bidding. Regina wiped Henry's memory easily enough and probably with much more hesitation (maybe) than Rumple would have for Hook.

I think the writers really want us to forget that plot point with Regina and Henry ever existed. (I know I do). Because, yeah... Rumple can technically just mind wipe anyone who figures out his scheme. Even with Zelena in the jail cell and everyone reviewing the tape of her murder in the finale, if he didn't mess with the machine and everyone saw him kill Zelena, he could have just mind wiped them there, too. But the writers only cherry pick which plot points from the past they want to use based on what'll fit their convoluted plot for the week.

Edited by Curio

OK, wacky theorynbut is Hook really Hook? His new costume seems very similar to the Knave's. Is there maybe some sort of body switching going on, which explains all this? It would explain the recklessness with Gold, the fact that he has a hand and the punching a drunk Will if Will is actually Hook and vice versa.

• Love 2

It's very hard to tell from only a few pictures and snatches of dialogue, but Killian has neither the brains nor any magic to go up against Gold. Threatening Gold just makes Killian look stupid. And without the 50 pounds of pirate costume, he really looks like a kid. Gold would make mincemeat of him if he wasn't such a popular part of the franchise.

Exactly, that's why I said it's out of character for Hook to blackmail Rumple. If he is good at something is survival and doing that would be suicidal, even if he does it for Emma or Henry, and he is not like that anymore.

And Rumple doing anything different from killing him would also be out of character. Even if he now tolerates him, Hook is the man who took Milah from him and shoot Belle. Really, unless Neal comes back from the dead to ask him not to kill Hook, it would make no sense to keep him alive. Hook is a fan favourite so I don't think they would kill him, but this storyline (if it's indeed happening) would possibly destroy not one but two character, making both Hook and Rumple look stupid.

• Love 1