Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I wonder what the "official" response to Merida has been, on A&E's end.  By tacking Red and Mulan onto Merida, maybe by association, it has dampened audience reactions, so perhaps they have to re-evaluate what they had planned for 5B.

The actress's comments could have been regarding anything, though.  

5B just seems a tad full with servicing the return of multiple villains and dead characters, Hades/Hercules/Meg, and now Dorothy/Oz/Zelena, plus the aforepromised Mulan/Red (well, and the leftover Arthur/Guinievere/Merlin stuff).  There is no thematic cohesion that runs through these various subplots.  I guess the main response to this is... what else is new?

Edited by Camera One

Actually, Mulan and Red could both be in Storybrooke with the casting of the new curse. Merida was dragged to SB with everyone, and she was with both Mulan and Red, so I don't see why her annoying ass would've been brought to SB, and not the other two.

This half feels jam packed once more, and as usual, they will rush through the last episode.

5B just seems a tad full with servicing the return of multiple villains and dead characters, Hades/Hercules/Meg, and now Dorothy/Oz/Zelena, plus the aforepromised Mulan/Red (well, and the leftover Arthur/Guinievere/Merlin stuff).  There is no thematic cohesion that runs through these various subplots.  I guess the main response to this is... what else is new?

4B all over again. It's the Queens of Darkness! No wait it's Operation Mongoose! No wait it's Lily! No wait it's Zarian! I'll give 3B credit that it knew what it wanted. The fact we're only spending half of 5B in the Underworld raises a lot of red flags. It tells me A&E didn't think it was worthy to hold the whole arc, much like Cora in 2B or Camelot in 5A. Coming back in 3A two episodes before the finale worked, but the writers seem to be planning something much sooner. Don't forget about the Ozian tangent either.

• Love 2

4B all over again. It's the Queens of Darkness! No wait it's Operation Mongoose! No wait it's Lily! No wait it's Zarian! I'll give 3B credit that it knew what it wanted. The fact we're only spending half of 5B in the Underworld raises a lot of red flags. It tells me A&E didn't think it was worthy to hold the whole arc, much like Cora in 2B or Camelot in 5A. Coming back in 3A two episodes before the finale worked, but the writers seem to be planning something much sooner. Don't forget about the Ozian tangent either.

omg!! This is so funny.....too much red cordial in the writers' room, perhaps. ...

I'm totally over here doing the happy dance. I would have been peeved if they went to the Underworld and did not have Prince James make an appearance. I would love for David to meet him..

So what are the odds that Prince James makes a move on Emma before finding out she's his niece?

Ewwww!!! lol

I started with "ewww" but then I started thinking about Charming and/or Hook walking in on Uncle James making a move and I moved onto "lol". Because no three OUAT actors could have as much fun with the awkwardness of it than those three. And then Snow asks why they are acting weird.

But they will probably do James is attracted to Regina because of "ooh the Snowing parallels" and the show loves that.

• Love 2

I started with "ewww" but then I started thinking about Charming and/or Hook walking in on Uncle James making a move and I moved onto "lol". Because no three OUAT actors could have as much fun with the awkwardness of it than those three. And then Snow asks why they are acting weird.

But they will probably do James is attracted to Regina because of "ooh the Snowing parallels" and the show loves that.

there's also the possible parallel of David punching out his identical look alike. .not quite the same as punching out your younger self but probably as close as we can get with David. .

Well, I would hope Emma would do the punching herself. She's certainly capable. If a guy identical to her dad is hitting on her, she has to know he's probably related, and so ewww. But I'm still not entirely clear on whether or not she knows her father has an identical evil twin. She was out of town during the Tiny incident, with the giant rampaging through town to get revenge on James. David talked to Hook about his twin. But I don't recall any specific conversation with Emma present in which the fact that her father was a twin came up.

No, there was no conversation, but Emma knows her family history. She's read it in Henry's book a million times. Plus during the time travel adventure, the name Emma gave Sparkly!Dark was James, not David. I took it as her definitely knowing.

Hook in the Underworld bumping into James might be funny. And if James is there, then Jack might be standing next to him, and that would be an awesome call back to the whole adventure atop the beanstalk. James was the one responsible for the fuckery that happened there, and what Hook and Emma saw there.

• Love 3

Trust Adam to give us a two word script tease when we're all dying for some decent spoilers, but hey at least we know David is actually getting a line in the 100th.

It looks like half a line to me. Opens mouth to say something, gets cut off.

Rumple: The Underworld doesn't work like the world above.

Cora: Only I know the rules so you are at my mercy.  Again.

Pan: And mine.  Again.

VisionBelle: Do I get a role again?

StrawDoll: What about me?

Regina: This is the B arc.  It's all about me.

Merida: How did I end up here.  Will the other clans take over now that I'm dead? 

HerculesandMeg: Don't worry, we get to share a centric.

Hercules: How did you think I went from zero to hero?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Emma: I know what it feels like to put up WALLS.

Meg: Yes, I too put up WALLS to protect myself.  Love is not worth the aggravation.

Emma: I only say I love to you someone when they're about to die.

Meg: Hey, ME TOO!  No chance no way I won't say I have feelings.

• Love 1

If the actor is staying on the show, it's obvious how they will "redeem" him again.  Rumple will talk to Peter Pan, and declare that he will never be like his father.  He would never put his own needs before a child again.  And then back in Storybrooke, Belle announces she's pregnant!  He vows to turn over a new leaf, but Belle finds out anyway.  Cue Rumple looking forlornly through a window (since some character MUST do this once a half-season, at the very least).

There's no way they can fast-track Belle's pregnancy so she actually gives birth in 5B, can they?  I suppose they could say time works differently in the Underworld, and they return when Belle is 8 months pregnant.

Back to S1 my ass.

They've been claiming that for the past few seasons, yet it never actually happens.

As for 5b, it seems more like the Neverland arc all over again just replace it with new characters and more cameos and have it take place in the UW.

• Love 1

As for 5b, it seems more like the Neverland arc all over again just replace it with new characters and more cameos and have it take place in the UW.

To me it sounds like 3A and 4B had a baby. Lots of villains coming in at once, lots of storylines. (Underworld, The Oz Saga) I bet there's even more major plots coming we haven't even heard about yet.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Its if 3A, 4B, and 5A had a threesome. Finding Hook in one episode and finding a way to get his soul back is what they just did in 5A with getting the darkness out. Except the Underworld seems to have a time set.

In 2A Emma and Snow and in the 3B finale Hook and Emma (No one even noticed they were gone.) didn't even need to be found. Now all of a sudden they can hop to where ever realm of time and get back.

Edited by mjgchick

David: Are they...

Anna: Sandwiches?

I got the reference, but for some reason, my first thought went to How I Met Your Mother and the running gag of them referring to smoking pot as eating sandwiches. I wonder how much better or worse this show could get if the characters discovered the Enchanted Forest version of pot.

• Love 1

To me it sounds like 3A and 4B had a baby. Lots of villains coming in at once, lots of storylines. (Underworld, The Oz Saga) I bet there's even more major plots coming we haven't even heard about yet.

Exactly, according to the spoilers and interviews, they don't spend the entire time in the UW.

Although i view anything written by THR with a generous portion of disdain (given the accuracy of past articles ) the comment supposedly from A&E that Killian won't look any different and that the Darkness is purged from him has me wondering if he's had a complete personality reset back to earnest innocent Lieutenant Jones...which could be hilarious. ..

• Love 3

Maybe this battle between Zelena and Dorothy is going to take place in Storybrooke instead of Oz? Maybe Dorothy follows her from Oz. Belle is there. Belle is probably taking care of all the kiddies. If they're smart, they'll have Zelena steal the slippers from Dorothy to get back to SB.

I don't know what they're planning on doing with Zelena. 

Maybe this battle between Zelena and Dorothy is going to take place in Storybrooke instead of Oz? Maybe Dorothy follows her from Oz. Belle is there. Belle is probably taking care of all the kiddies. If they're smart, they'll have Zelena steal the slippers from Dorothy to get back to SB.

Oh my word. They're going to pair Belle with Dorothy, aren't they?

• Love 1

Oh my word. They're going to pair Belle with Dorothy, aren't they?

They'll do research together? 

No one can find Storybrooke, except everyone can find Storybrooke. Isn't the town still protected by that barrier from Ingrid's spell? Wouldn't Zelena need the scroll to get back in?

I'm getting ready for the face palm, and eye rolls that will inevitably be happening.

No one can find Storybrooke, except everyone can find Storybrooke. Isn't the town still protected by that barrier from Ingrid's spell? Wouldn't Zelena need the scroll to get back in?

Who can say after Curse 3?

Guess Zelena was looking for Pistachio.

This really is 3A, isn't it? This is Dark Hollow all over again. Belle is left in Storybrooke to deal with a threat while Nevengers are gone. The threat is looking for an object that she must protect. A brave female comes along to assist in stopping the threat. Sisterly bond is formed and forgotten within 42 minutes.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
Even though Hook hasn’t changed much physically, co-creator Adam Horowitz warns that Killian may not be the same person he was in Storybrooke. "He’s gone through a lot, as has Emma — as have all of them — so no one’s the same," he revealed, but notes that all of the darkness was purged when Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) became the Dark One again.

What's Adam talking about?  Hook is not the same, but neither is anybody?  No one's the same, compared to when?  Is he talking about Hook going through a lot in 5A?  Or in the Underworld?  So all the darkness was purged from Rumple too at the end of 4B?  But clearly there was some darkness left to make him take the Dark One's powers again?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

That does not sound like A/E was saying Hook has changed. Just that they've been through a lot and it sounds like Gold has taken his darkness.

I guess since Emma made his heart white he can start all over in turning his heart into charcoal for the next 300 yrs oh joy.

• Love 3

I don't know what they're planning on doing with Zelena.

Same here and neither do the writers it seems.  I originally though she was just the baby carrier, but even that got abandoned when they left it behind.  Redemption?  I see no point in what seems like a disparate plot thread with Dorothy and that's including the other characters and storylines.

What's Adam talking about?  Hook is not the same, but neither is anybody?  No one's the same, compared to when?  Is he talking about Hook going through a lot in 5A?  Or in the Underworld?  So all the darkness was purged from Rumple too at the end of 4B?  But clearly there was some darkness left to make him take the Dark One's powers again?

Yeah, he said the same things about Dark Swan and all she ended up doing was pout and brood throughout the arc.

This really is 3A, isn't it? This is Dark Hollow all over again. Belle is left in Storybrooke to deal with a threat while Nevengers are gone. The threat is looking for an object that she must protect. A brave female comes along to assist in stopping the threat. Sisterly bond is formed and forgotten within 42 minutes.

I made the same comparison to S3a too.

Getting the fallen clock tower ready for Steveston filming tomorrow.

Do we know which episode they are filming?  I know we were starting to speculate they might be out of the Underworld already based on Dorothy / Zelena / Oz spoilers, but maybe they will be running the arcs simultaneously instead of now we all have to deal with baby drama in Oz.

• Love 1