Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

well guessed YaddaYadda!!  And it's written by A&E so I reckon something big must happen in it - they normally write the big episodes……  and we still have another 5wks to go to the premiere - God I hate the summer hiatus!

I'm still stuck on the idea that Emma is the worst villain ever. Let's have a block party!

I'm kind of wondering if Emma isn't under a sleeping curse or comatose like Rumpel and she's dreaming. I can't imagine everyone would be so sanguine about having a welcome celebration if they were concerned that Emma would crash it or cause problems. Outside of the Captain Swan romance thing, has anyone seen Jen filming since the Dark Swan in SB stuff?

I just noticed the A&E writing it thing. That's unusual, isn't it? But then I guess 505 is definitely not an Hook ep. It's the midpoint of the season, so maybe it's a "general" ep? I guess we'll know more next week, Friday was only the first day of filming I guess. Emilie did say we were gonna like the episode, but who knows what that means?

So we'll have 3 Emma's running around? Oh shit I bet the real Emma will be pissed when faux Emma is with Killian. JFC when we think we're wrong about a storyline we end up being right.

What's this about three Emmas?

One guess is that episode 5 might feature the theme of "home". The Dreamcatcher was a symbol of Emma and Neal not finding Tallahassee together. In Camelot, Emma seems to finally be taking the "next steps" with Killian in their relationship. Maybe this episode will show the opposite--a complete breakdown in their relationship. Cue the CS angst! The episode ends with a shot of Emma all alone in her new Storybrooke mansion starting at a Dreamcatcher. 

Dream catchers are supposed to take away nightmares. Perhaps Emma has tried to spare her loved ones by taking away all memory of her. Or she is giving them nice dreams. Just can't see Killian so happy while Emma is still the DO.

Or Dark One is showing Emma everyone has moved on and is happy while she isn't there...

So could this episode literally be a dream? There are several spoiler scenes where I've felt this way. I'm so confused.

I think three Emmas means White Swan, Grey Swan and Dark Swan?

Edited by OnceUponAJen
I'm kind of wondering if Emma isn't under a sleeping curse or comatose like Rumpel and she's dreaming. I can't imagine everyone would be so sanguine about having a welcome celebration if they were concerned that Emma would crash it or cause problems. Outside of the Captain Swan romance thing, has anyone seen Jen filming since the Dark Swan in SB stuff?

No, but it was also the first time that we saw Colin since they filmed 5x02. I'm guessing most of their scenes are together.

I saw that the last scene yesterday was Ginny, Josh, Colin, the actress who plays Gwen (Joana, I think) and Liam sitting around a table and talking.  Who knows what that conversation was about.

One guess is that episode 5 might feature the theme of "home". The Dreamcatcher was a symbol of Emma and Neal not finding Tallahassee together. In Camelot, Emma seems to finally be taking the "next steps" with Killian in their relationship. Maybe this episode will show the opposite--a complete breakdown in their relationship. Cue the CS angst! The episode ends with a shot of Emma all alone in her new Storybrooke mansion starting at a Dreamcatcher.

I agree with the first part and the whole next steps, I'm not sure about the rest.  why would Emma have something that symbolizes failure and the crap that happened afterwards?  But everyone including Henry being in a couple (Snowing, A/G, OQ and Henry and Violet) while Hook is sans Emma...is just weird. 

So could this episode literally be a dream? There are several spoiler scenes where I've felt this way. I'm so confused.

I think three Emmas means White Swan, Grey Swan and Dark Swan?

Yeah that's what I mean. Didn't we see her in grey, white and black? Is the white Swan a dream also?

I think I confused myself even more.

Emilie did say we were gonna like the episode, but who knows what that means?

She was talking to her fans, so I guess she means that there is a lot of Belle.

Yeah, I've thought that too. With all this talk about that "things are not what they seem", the episode being a "heartbreaker" and something that's going to be talked, and it being written by A&E, I think it's a possibility. A crazy theory: what if everything or, at least, a big part of what we have seen in the first five episodes is a big dream/hallucination and, in episode 5, we discover nothing we were shown was real.

I saw that the last scene yesterday was Ginny, Josh, Colin, the actress who plays Gwen (Joana, I think) and Liam sitting around a table and talking.  Who knows what that conversation was about.

Belle was also there in the night scenes, but not Regina or Robin. And this is the first time since episode 1 that both Colin and Emilie have filmed group scenes.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Dream catchers are supposed to take away nightmares. Perhaps Emma has tried to spare her loved ones by taking away all memory of her. Or she is giving them nice dreams. Just can't see Killian so happy while Emma is still the DO.

Or Dark One is showing Emma everyone has moved on and is happy while she isn't there...

I wasn't feeling that theory about Emma wiping everyone's memories, but now the Dreamcatcher title makes me wonder.

I suppose it could also be used to pull something from somebody's memory that they need to know, like with Pongo. Perhaps something from comatose Rumple?

Whatever is going on, this ep is apparently gonna be MAJOR. Frankly, it's getting to be a Damoclean sword.

Well, it might be a stretch, but Rumple seems to be the common denominator in all of this.

As much as we blame Regina for the ruination of Emma's life, Rumple is as much to blame because he was the driving force behind the curse. He created or upgraded a curse that tore countless people out of their homes so that he could find one person.

Emma's crappy childhood and everything that happened after that, Rumple should shoulder a huge part of the blame for it.

Neal promises Emma Tallahassee and basically home and then runs away because Rumple. Neal doesn't wanna be found by his father, so he leaves his girlfriend high and dry, in jail where she finds out she's pregnant and then gives up her baby for adoption.

Rumple uses Emma as one of his amendments to the already existing curse. She's the Savior, he uses her DNA to bring magic to Storybrooke, so essentially, Emma is the contributing factor if not the factor to bringing back the Dark One (and now she's that).

He tries to suck Emma in the hat because of her powers.  

He tries to darken her heart to give the villains a happy ending.

He managed to steal her magic (which he had already tried to do before) in his messed up version of reality.

I should probably re-watch Manhattan and the other episode with Pongo (which I'm not feeling) because these are the two other times we have the actual dreamcatcher in and if Emilie says that it's a good episode, then I'm assuming there's something Rumbelle. Maybe that's the episode he finally wakes up.

These are things we know about 5x05:

*It's a "heartbreaker" that will blow up Twitter.

*Emilie told fans that they'd like the episode, so that possibly implies that Belle or RB will be featured.

*The title implies something to do with memories or nightmares.

As an exercise, let's try to think of all the things that could possibly, realistically make this ep a heartbreaker.

*I think the most obvious is that this is the ep where we see why Emma gives in to the Darkness.

*There's the theory that Emma removes everyone's memories of her.

*Somebody dies. I don't know why, other than wishful thinking, but some SQers seem convinced that Hook is going to die in this ep. I sincerely doubt it. It's possible that Dark Swan could kill somebody. If that's the case, it would probably be a recurring character or one of the Camelot characters. I really don't want Emma to kill anybody, because it would destroy her once she's herself again. (Unlike Regina, she would actually regret killing someone.)

Anyone else?

I don't think Hook will die for real, but its possible Emma will just think he died, and that would lead her into Dark One time. Maybe she has a vision of the two of them together, after his supposed death. Then that leads to the darkness. 

I don't think Emma is going full on Dark Swan or killing anybody until the end of the arc in Camelot. That would parallel with Dark Emma being saved in Storybrooke in the present.  

I should probably re-watch Manhattan and the other episode with Pongo (which I'm not feeling) because these are the two other times we have the actual dreamcatcher in and if Emilie says that it's a good episode, then I'm assuming there's something Rumbelle. Maybe that's the episode he finally wakes up.

That could be it. Maybe the Dreamcatcher is helpful in retrieving Gold's memories while he is still out cold in Storybrooke, and that information is used to revive him. It will be interesting to see Dark Swan interacting with Blank Slate Mr. Gold. 

Edited by Rumsy4

A&E usually writes the guest stars' episode, if they write a middle one. Should be half Merida centric I'm guessing with a side of Rumbelle. They did say Belle was going on an adventure with her and that they're going to compare Merida being "Brave" to Rump's cowardice.

I don't really care for the characters or relationships on the show anymore so I'm hoping they'll delve deep into DO mythology and this episode might be it.

The twitter blow up could be some retconned reveal drop. I don't think the blow up is necessarily the same event as the heartbreaker. Heart breaker might be a hyperbole. I highly doubt A&E are capable of writing something that stirring. The new writer could just be kissing her boss' asses. And as for the blow up, the obseessed twitter fans seem to "blow up" at the slightest thing anyway.

• Love 1

So A&E wrote the "heartbreaker" ep that will blow up Twitter. Peachy.

I don't think I'll like this episode very much, then. I haven't liked an Adam & Eddy script ever since the Season 3 finale, and their part of the two-hour episode just seemed good in comparison because Snow Drifts came immediately before it. Otherwise, I find that the episodes they write tend to be the weakest parts of the season, which is unfortunate considering they always get the premieres, finales, and "big" event episodes.

• Love 1

According to this fan who was there yesterday, Belle was in most of the scenes and had the jar with the rose in one of them, so that does indicate she at least has a storyline in 5.05 (unless she's just carrying that rose around all season wherever she goes).

My guess is the new writer is referring to a Rumple/Belle thing. I don't see them doing anything too dramatic with Regina and Robin this half season.

Meanwhile, I'm disappointed my archery contest wish didn't come true. They had Merida, Robin, and Snow all in one place -- it's a no-brainer!

• Love 2

Apparently Belle and Killian may not have been in the scene right from the beginning. If they are back to doing research together, it is quite likely that they may have found a way to revive Rumple from his coma. 

Ok...if Killan and Belle rush in then I doubt that any memories were removed. It is nice the town wants to welcome the Camelot people but I think it looks pretty damn callous to be celebrating while Emma has given up her soul for them. Then there is Henry riding in on a horse and chatting up a girl. ..oh wait...he still has his mass murdering sociopath mum, so he's all good to go. They can leave all the grieving and the research to Killian and Belle.

Maybe I'd want to destroy a few beer gardens, too!

• Love 7

I wonder if all the Camelot stuff is flashbacks. I mean like a year or so back and Storybrooke is the current timeline with a time shift of a couple years. The Camelot folks are visiting somehow and everyone is used to the Dark Swan staying holed up in her house and have started living as normal a life as they can.

The heartbreak is we find out this episode that it has actually been years that Killian and Emma have been apart. Prior episodes made the Storybrooke scenes seem to be flash forwards.

Killian and Belle are still trying to save Emma and Rumple in the meantime. The only ones that still have hope.

• Love 3

A&E usually writes the guest stars' episode, if they write a middle one. Should be half Merida centric I'm guessing with a side of Rumbelle. They did say Belle was going on an adventure with her and that they're going to compare Merida being "Brave" to Rump's cowardice.

Yeah, after what Emilie said about her fans liking the episode, I expect lots of Rumbelle/Belle. And I don't think it's a coincidence that all this talk about Merida and Belle going on an adventure together appeared just when they were about to start filming this episode.

I don't think I'll like this episode very much, then. I haven't liked an Adam & Eddy script ever since the Season 3 finale, and their part of the two-hour episode just seemed good in comparison because Snow Drifts came immediately before it. Otherwise, I find that the episodes they write tend to be the weakest parts of the season, which is unfortunate considering they always get the premieres, finales, and "big" event episodes.

This. The fact that they have written the episode makes me more wary than excited about it.

The heartbreak is we find out this episode that it has actually been years that Killian and Emma have been apart.

Maybe not years (I hope it's not years) but I think we are getting a time jump somewhere this season.

If they'd just stop hiding Zelena, we could see how far they are in the timeline based on her baby bump!

Re: heartbreaker and Twitter blow up, what if this is the episode they manage to revive Rumple and Rumbelle reunite, and as soon as they do Dark Swan comes in and does something to him? Double win in that they have a Rumbelle separation, which they love, and they can have DS do something terrible, but it's to Rumple, so no one will care that much.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 2
Maybe the Dreamcatcher is helpful in retrieving Gold's memories while he is still out cold in Storybrooke

I like this actually and it makes so much sense!

What if the memory they retrieve is the "heart breaker"?  We already know all about Rumple's shenanigans. But what if the memory is specific to how to help Emma and whatever they find out has to do with that jar Belle has been logging around?

I like that Hook and Belle are working together. They get each other and it makes sense, so I'm glad that might not be swept under the rug just like that. They've become friends enough that she trusted him and gave him the dagger when Rumple was impersonating him.

King of Hearts, you mentioned that episode 4x20 also had the dreamcatcher, but I couldn't find it. Can you maybe just tell me where it was? I found the one in 3x12 and I thought it was weird that Emma would remember that as part of her memories when she drank the potion. It kind of raised more questions actually because I started wondering what it is exactly that she did not remember once she crossed the town line.

I was always under the impression that she remembered everything Neal up to her finding the watches and getting arrested for that.

• Love 1

It's at the very start of 4.20 Emma and Lily are in Neal's apartment keeping watch on Zelena and Emma sees the dreamcatcher, and Lily asks her about Neal.  Also Emma remembering the dreamcatcher in 3.12 fits in the story coz Emma and Neal first saw the dreamcatcher in Tallahasse when they were in the motel room - so it was before she gets arrested.  

• Love 1

It's at the very start of 4.20 Emma and Lily are in Neal's apartment keeping watch on Zelena and Emma sees the dreamcatcher, and Lily asks her about Neal.  Also Emma remembering the dreamcatcher in 3.12 fits in the story coz Emma and Neal first saw the dreamcatcher in Tallahasse when they were in the motel room - so it was before she gets arrested.  

Ok, so I was looking at 4x19 because I have no idea how numbers work.  Now that you're mentioned the scene, I remember it. Thank you!

Why Emma would have a memory of the dreamcatcher from Tallahassee still makes no sense because that's not a part of her life she's supposed to have forgotten.  It's probably just me overthinking this.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Why Emma would have a memory of the dreamcatcher from Tallahassee still makes no sense because that's not a part of her life she's supposed to have forgotten.  It's probably just me overthinking this.

I think Emma remembered everything up to the moment she gave birth to Henry exactly the same. So dreamcatcher included. Her memories start to change when she decides whether to give up Henry for adoption.

Why Emma would have a memory of the dreamcatcher from Tallahassee still makes no sense because that's not a part of her life she's supposed to have forgotten. It's probably just me overthinking this.

Maybe she remembered the time when Rumple taught her to use the Dreamcatcher to retrieve memories. It shows her memories of Storybrooke and magic were returning.

Daxx. Your theory makes sense, but the presence of the Camelot folk is confusing. I think the time jump will be in Camelot. When the Nevengers return to Storybrooke with the Dark Swan, they've been gone a year. Btw, did Henry and baby Snowflake go to Camelot?

Edited by Rumsy4

Maybe the Dreamcatcher is helpful in retrieving Gold's memories while he is still out cold in Storybrooke

This is a great possibility. And maybe the heartbreaking thing is that they discover that there is no way to save Emma, or that they need to do a big sacrifice to do so.

Btw, did Henry and baby Snowflake go to Camelot?

I'm not sure about the baby (and Roland) but Henry goes to Camelot. Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

All 3 kids are in Camelot. Snowflake in his mother's arms, Roland and Henry were both with Regina. They even took Zelena with them.

I don't know why you would take a baby with you on such an uncertain trip though or a 5 year old for that matter. Are they really necessary to the plot? I was expecting to see Roland at the carnival, because hello, you'd take your kid to a carnival.

• Love 2

All 3 kids are in Camelot. Snowflake in his mother's arms, Roland and Henry were both with Regina. They even took Zelena with them.

I don't know why you would take a baby with you on such an uncertain trip though or a 5 year old for that matter. Are they really necessary to the plot? I was expecting to see Roland at the carnival, because hello, you'd take your kid to a carnival.

Not sure about Roland but if this is a time shift they won't show baby snowflake walking and talking while shooting in Steveston.

o

Well, probably because it was uncertain. The alternative would be to leave the kids behind and accept the possibility that they might not be able to get back home again and would be separated from them forever, leaving the kids without parents to take care of them. It's reasonable to take the whole family to eliminate that possibility.

Thanks. So the kids made it to Camelot. Robin could have stayed behind with Roland, but then he wouldn't want to be parted from Regina again so soon. It's a relief Snowing brought along their regular babysitter (Belle) to Camelot. ;-)

Joking aside, bby Snowflake was a mistake. I feel that the writers should not have written Ginny's pregnancy into the show.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

Setting up Regina as the new Savior.

I can hear Snow's speech to Regina now: "Emma's lost to us and the town needs a Savior, Regina! You're the only one who can do it! You're a hero now and you can bring us together and save us. Please, Regina, we need you!"

(Apologies to those who have just eaten.)

I agree Rumsy4.

To me, all the pregnancies/babies have done nothing but stagnate the show. (Cinderella, Aurora, Snow) Now, with Zelena's outrageous pregnancy plot point, the tawdry soap opera element has been revved up to the point of them losing their way as an even semi-cohesive fantasy writing team. Again, to me, this is an adventure/magic/make believe/true love/hero vs villain, escapism show. Infants put an end to strong Adventurous Women. Fantasy doesn't gel with newborns and diaper sporting toddlers. Water under the (troll) bridge) but it weakened the show considerably.

So far, the (serious eye candy and superbly costumed) spoilers point to chaotic wtf-dom and the continuing shallow and thinly spread rush to get as many folklore/Disney characters involved and intermingled as possible in 12 minute segments between commercial breaks. They fucked up Robin Hood. Now they are tackling the screwing of Arthurian legend. Prove me wrong, gentlemen and ladies, and I will gladly do a mea culpa dance around a may pole set up near the dunk tank at the Storybrooke Street Fair.

I'm honestly intrigued by the idea of Dark Swan, struggling. Gold with a void-of-and-color heart...yes, sir...time and realm defying Merlin, wonderful! But I have little confidence that they can pull off the sophisticated potential of those scenarios nor satisfy what I think is a viewing audience that yearns for something with more bite and depth. Not in this time slot, with this Mother Company, the ADD of the creators and the incessant buttinski bullying clap trap of a small portion of ignorant twitter fans, who have their narcissist heads firmly entrenched up their collective butts.

They have bit off an enormous mouthful. I hope we don't get it spit at us. 

• Love 1

Can someone tell me why some of the Evil Regals think Regina is going to die this season? I've seen a few remarks on Twitter, but I don't know if it's officially a thing or not.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

I've seen a few fretting, but I have ZERO idea why they're worried or what put that idea in their heads. As if they'd ever kill off Regina.

Edited by Souris

Setting up Regina as the new Savior.

What does this have to do with Regina? This is just more promotion of Dark Swan. From all their harping on Emma going Dark, it will be funny if it turns out as tame as the Shattered Sight spell.

• Love 2

Regina might die, but the Evil Queen shall rise. I've been wondering what they're going to do with Regina now. As we know, heroes are incredibly boring on this show, so now that she's the new Saviour and has everything she ever wanted, what else is there for her? The rape baby storyline isn't going to do anyone any favors. And even if everything works out fine there, as BoPeeps said above, bringing babies into the story doesn't work because someone needs to stay and take care of it. You can't run off on dangerous adventures with a small child waiting at home depending on you. We know the baby will be born this season, so now both Regina & Snow will be saddled with infants. Boring.

I do think Eddy's question to the audience at D23? about the Evil Queen returning wasn't just a random thing. I think they are considering turning Regina dark again. There's nowhere else to go with her. I would also hazard a guess that there are a lot more Evil Queen/Mayor Mills fans than there are Hero!Regina fans in terms of the general audience.

Edited by KAOS Agent