Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Leanne spoiled what Hook's change of chararcter is. Apparently, he's not a coward, he's "befuddled". So Rumple becomes a brave knight and Hook is the bumbling farmer/spinner/etc.

EDIT: oh, and she may or may not be trolling CS shippers by posting a coffee emoticon as a "hint".

I generally like her, but I'm a bit cranky with her over the coffee emoticon trolling. She said she posted it before she watched the ep, so it's not actually a hint. It's not nice to toy with fragile shipper emotions!

She also said that CS have "MANY" scenes together, and alluded to OQ kisses. I'm guessing them kissing may be what sends everyone back to SB. Whee.

(edited)

She also said that CS have "MANY" scenes together, and alluded to OQ kisses. I'm guessing them kissing may be what sends everyone back to SB. Whee.

Many? More like three or four between group scenes and one-to-one scenes (and I'm being generous).

I'm sure it's Regina and Robin kissing what destroys the book (the TLK that is not a TLK because it doesn't break a curse, gagh). Some fans think that Henry would go first after Emma and Hook but the Author would kill Hook before they can get their happy ending, and that's why Henry and Emma go after Regina, to convince her to go after Robin. It's a good theory, except for the fact that (present) Henry would never go first after Emma and Hook, unless he bumps into them in his way to find Regina.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4

Rumple and the Author

So, it's clear that Rumple knows the Author's plan to make the world topsy-turvy and is okay with that. I've seen some defending of Rumple for what happens in the AU because it is all on the Author. It may be mostly on the Author, but Rumple certainly doesn't do anything to stop it.

And how perfectly in character for Rumple to want to be seen as the hero to Bae. He never really loved Bae/Neal the person...he loved the idea of being the perfect father.  Instead of remembering the person his son was, he wants to be remember him thinking of him as a hero. Bae loved his father, flaws and all.

• Love 1

Wow. So Rumple can easily get over his son's death if said son died having NOT been abused, abandoned, and screwed over in any way by Rumple and thought his papa was a hero to the end. The possibility of Rumple's redemption is slipping further and further away.

I'm sure it's Regina and Robin kissing what destroys the book

I think it's Rumbelle. The finale seems pretty Rumple-focused to me (along with Henry). And Regina already got a curse-ending TLK last season.

• Love 1

I think it's Rumbelle. The finale seems pretty Rumple-focused to me (along with Henry). And Regina already got a curse-ending TLK last season.

So? It's TS, TW. They think Regina deserves at least 100 of 'em.

(edited)
I think it's Rumbelle.

That would be even more gag-inducing, to have the most abusive relationship in the show to break a curse with their "love".

Edited by RadioGirl27

Oh, I'm with you, I just think A&E will think it's "romantic".

So? It's TS, TW. They think Regina deserves at least 100 of 'em.

Well, yes, but I'm not sure they are invested in Outlaw Queen that much. It always felt like a throwaway story to give Regina something to do, they didn't really put any ideas into it, I think they care about Regina/Emma and Regina/Henry more, and they probably won't give Regina/Emma a TLK (now, the series finale, I could see something like that. My poor laptop will probably die after that, because I know I wouldn't be able to avoid vomiting all over it).

Many? More like three or four between group scenes and one-to-one scenes (and I'm being generous).

I'm sure it's Regina and Robin kissing what destroys the book (the TLK that is not a TLK because it doesn't break a curse, gagh). Some fans think that Henry would go first after Emma and Hook but the Author would kill Hook before they can get their happy ending, and that's why Henry and Emma go after Regina, to convince her to go after Robin. It's a good theory, except for the fact that (present) Henry would never go first after Emma and Hook, unless he bumps into them in his way to find Regina.

It's Operation Mongoose, therefore Regina's happy ending.

So watching the GMA Jennifer interview, since she said people will get a "sneak peek" at Comic Con, I'm pretty sure the cliffhanger involves Emma and whatever is going on with her. It looks like she already filmed it.

• Love 1
(edited)

We know Adam & Eddy don't have much say about what goes into the promos (they were surprised ABC included the Chernabog in the generic spring premieres commercial ad), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Emma-going-crazy-in-the-tower scene is an accidental slip and that's the cliffhanger after she's taken on the Dark One's powers.

Edited by Curio
(edited)

Leanne's tweets talked about "some nice Rumbelle moments", it didn't sound like anything huge was happening. And didn't Adam and Eddy already say that there is no curse-breaking TLK in the finale? Not even an OQ one would make sense, this AU isn't a curse.

Edited by Mathius
And didn't Adam and Eddy already say that there is no curse-breaking TLK in the finale?

Hmm...maybe they are going to steal another page from Frozen and the curse will be broken by act of true love that is not a TLK. One of the characters acting out of AU character to save another? That would show that they still have a choice and could concievably break the book "curse" because are acting against what the book says.

In that case, I would think it would have to be one of the AU Villians that break the book with an act of true love. The AU Heros (Rumple and Regina) are already heros and would presumably be in character to do the heroic act - confirming the book. I suspect that Snow and Charming would be thet most likely candidates since they are being portrayed as the most villianous in the AU and they have to atone for the egg-napping. But Snow and Charming get so little to do, it probably will not be them.

I suppose that it could be Rumple deciding to set the world right and sacrifice being a hero, but that would be the "fail-safe" all over again. He creates a world where he gets his happy ending and the heros lose theirs and he gets to be the hero by stopping that? Where is Elsa to tell us that creating the bad situation and then stopping it doesn't make you a hero? Sadly, A&E only seems to be able to understand that when a hero does something wrong, not when a villain does it. When villains stop their own curse, they are super-heros!

They have said that this is Henry-centric, so maybe it is he who risks his life to save the day, but he isn't in the book so how would that break it?

So I'm guessing Rumple does dictate the story to the Author since he decided that he wanted false Bae memories.  I don't understand why he doesn't just write his own story and go live in it and just leave everyone else alone.

Him and Hook have a past and he will forever feel slighted and inadequate next to him even if he has all the magic in the world, so if that to him makes Hook fair game, then so be it.  But what about Emma?  She has done nothing to him.  Henry is his grandson and he basically leaves him behind, all alone.  Snowing haven't done anything to him.  Even Regina hasn't anything to him.

Rumple never did anything he didn't wanna do.  He manipulated every single one of these people in order to get what he wanted.  I'd think he'd be happy to never see any of them ever again and just go on his merry way to live his happily ever after.  But nope, not Rumple!  Rumple wants his cake and eat it too.

What was it that Cora told Regina last episode?  Something about how nothing will ever be enough for her?  That has been Rumple's whole mantra this season.  The magic he had was not enough, so he decided to do the whole hat thing.  Belle wasn't enough for him, so he betrayed her trust.  

I cannot wait to see everything blow up in his face and I hope it's spectacular.

• Love 3

We know Adam & Eddy don't have much say about what goes into the promos (they were surprised ABC included the Chernabog in the generic spring premieres commercial ad), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Emma-going-crazy-in-the-tower scene is an accidental slip and that's the cliffhanger after she's taken on the Dark One's powers.

But they said the cliffhanger hasn't been spoiled yet... and for things as important as the cliffhanger, I hope they'd let people at ABC know not to spoil? They managed not to spoil Frozen...

(edited)
I suspect that Snow and Charming would be thet most likely candidates since they are being portrayed as the most villianous in the AU and they have to atone for the egg-napping.

Oh, I would love it so much, I miss them being proactive and having good material.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)

Here are my predictions for the finale...

After some initial Storybrooke scenes (probably checking on August, freeing the Apprentice and other exposition non-sense), the new storybook sucks everyone but Henry into Bizarro World. After running around alone for who knows how long, Henry walks into Mr. Gold's Shop and finds the Author with his book. The two somehow get sucked in and work against each other. Henry is meddling in order to make sure the book doesn't reach its ending, while the Author attempts to expedite it and stop the happy endings that would break the story. In the middle of all the random stories, Henry teams up with his mothers. Someone gets captured or something by the Evil Queen, so their quest is delayed. This is the end of Part 1.

After a daring rescue, probably featuring Hook somehow, the adventure climaxes by crashing the Outlaw Green wedding. Robin and Regina get together and everyone's taken back to Storybrooke. Rumple's heart condition is back, so he dies or something and the Dark One's powers are released. Looking for a new host, it heads for Regina. But Emma gets in the way and takes it upon herself, in a manner similar to the Chernabog in 4x12 switched up. She disappears, everyone cries, then we get the end scene of her new self.

As for the flashbacks, Isaac is an appliance salesman in the 1960s. He is an aspiring writer, but he gets rejected by publishers because his ideas are so incredibly unorthodox and all-around cheesy. The Apprentice approaches him about a writing job, then shows him the portal to the Enchanted Forest. Isaac finds that his stories aren't so strange in this land. After doing what he's told for a while (and perhaps being ageless or just from a realm of story), he discovers he can manipulate fate. He is, however, forbidden to do this. After his meet with Cruella, he totally rebels and starts messing with history. 

https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/596721200904146944

Teaser graphic for S5. Not sure if it's worth analyzing or not.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)

The idea of Emma sacrificing herself for Regina makes blood boil. But I guess I can fanwank it as her not trusting Regina to deal with the Dark One curse and not slip back into villainy.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
So, basically the dagger scene.

Yeah, pretty much!

But I guess I can fanwank it as her not trusting Regina to deal with the Dark One curse and not slip back into villainy.

This, plus this:

H: I'd go to the end of the world for her...or time

D: And she for you?

H: I don't know...

(edited)

Though many fans wished the Author rewrite could mean the resurrection of Baelfire, there is a very plausible explanation why that can’t happen

This just in: the Author can't bring back the dead, but he can make Zelena and Robin love each other. The rules of magic are unbreakable... except when they're not. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I guess I can fanwank that rule because it's not true love. Their memories have been taken away and altered so they only think they're in love, not actual love. (That's my explanation for Walsh, too.)

• Love 1

This just in: the Author can't bring back the dead, but he can make Zelena and Robin love each other. The rules of magic are unbreakable... except when they're not. 

And considering Zelena was dead and all of her magic was hidden in a pendant, but she's somehow "around" because of her energy... 

Honestly though, do they really have to keep bringing up Baelfire/Neal?  Isn't naming Snowflake after him enough?

Here's a question, Maleficent can't leave Storybrooke because she'd turn to dust yet, Zelena who was in the same predicament could travel through the portal, come back as Marian, get an icy heart as Marian, be forced to leave Storybrooke without turning back into dust and come back to Storybrooke and not get an icy heart.  What?!

• Love 2

I guess I can fanwank that rule because it's not true love. Their memories have been taken away and altered so they only think they're in love, not actual love. (That's my explanation for Walsh, too.)

I view it like the original curse. All of their memories were altered to make them believe other stuff. The AU is just one big fake reality, so I can let It slide.

Marian, get an icy heart as Marian, be forced to leave Storybrooke without turning back into dust and come back to Storybrooke and not get an icy heart.  What?!

Fanwank: She was faking the icy heart  (after Ingrid died) so that she could steal her sister's boyfriend.

I got nothing on the vapour thing and how she can live outside of Storybrooke, but Mal cannot.

BTW, they obviously didn't proofread before they posted the article...

From E Online:

is Ouat gunna end on a huge cliffhanger and will we see a lot of captainswan???
Yes. Come on, it's a OUAT finale. Are you new?! And hell yes, this is one of our favorite Hook and Emma episodes, and we'll also get to see a new first in their relationship.

I'm guessing this means ILU's are exchanged.

Are we ever going to find out why Wil left Wonderland and Ana ? Or is my understanding of the timeline messed up ?
Sorry, but Will isn't even in the finale.

Except for the part where he's in the pictures of the Outlaw Green Wedding where he shows up as Best Man.  Didn't A&E say we'd get resolution to the Rumbelle-Will triangle?

could you just tell me everything? Or any teases on Emma's role in the AU would be fantastic!
We don't want to spoil everything, but we'll say that you won't find out Emma' role until the end of the first hour. And you'll definitely get chills

I'm guessing this means we find out Emma has to take on the dagger but she won't figure it out until pt. 2.

I'm excited for the CS stuff! The "first" in their relationship is probably an ILU, although I'm still hopeful that we might also get some sexy times. I wonder if we'll want to punch Charming because he's the one who kills Hook in the AU?! The bit at the end about Emma and Regina... No thanks.

• Love 1
(edited)

Currently retching over the Emma/Regina dynamic being her favorite thing about the finale.

The CS first is definitely an ILY, and they STILL won't have slept together. FFS.

We know Hook & Charming swordfight in the finale, so it would stand to reason that Charming is the one who kills him.

Edited by Souris

Currently retching over the Emma/Regina dynamic being her favorite thing about the finale.

The only thing I can hope for at this point is that the writers are equal-opportunity relationship ruiners and they'll eventually destroy the Emma/Regina "friendship" in future seasons like they have with Emma/Snow.

• Love 3
(edited)
Didn't A&E say we'd get resolution to the Rumbelle-Will triangle?

You really think Will has to be present for it?

The only thing I can hope for at this point is that the writers are equal-opportunity relationship ruiners and they'll eventually destroy the Emma/Regina "friendship" in future seasons like they have with Emma/Snow.

Emma/Regina friendship in its current state already required destroying Emma as a character.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 8

If Rumbellers will be happy, I doubt Rumple dies for good, then, because that certainly wouldn't make them happy. Now I think it's just the Author who dies.

(edited)

Sneak Peek 3:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/once-upon-a-time-finale-sneak-peek-will-118430231830.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Author and Rumple. Really tired of the Neal tributes. So why did the Author wait until just before writing "The End" to ask Rumple if he wanted Neal memories or not? Didn't he already write the story...?

Sorry, but Will isn't even in the finale.

This is not true. He's the best man at the Outlaw Green wedding.

Trust. Keep calm and Rumpbelle-ship on.

This doesn't really match up with Rumple dying.

Yep. And in one scene, he makes her quite the interesting offer.

Engagement? Oh please no. It it were any other couple, I might wonder if they're playing with words here. But it's Outlaw Queen, where everything runs 80mph.

Edited by KingOfHearts
If Rumbellers will be happy, I doubt Rumple dies for good, then, because that certainly wouldn't make them happy. Now I think it's just the Author who dies.

Agreed, it's so disappointing. The possibility of Rumple's death was one of the few things that made me interested in the finale and s5.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the E!Online article:

"This one is one of our favorite ones. It feels like a movie," co-creator Eddy Kitsis previews. "We can tell you bringing to a new world and stuff we've never done before on the show. In years past, we saw Elsa, and we saw were going to Neverland, this is going to be much more like season one, where we said magic is coming and it was a condition."

Co-creator Adam Horowitz adds, "This is going to end with a condition with a character."

How are they going to write a good show when they can even make a sentence that makes sense?

gfa_Marie: Any good #rumbelle that's not in the AU but in Storybrooke with the real Belle and Gold?
We think fans will be satisfied by the couple's storylines in both universes.

fluffyrumple: rumbellers are thinking of quitting the show. Any good news in order to make us stay?
That makes our eyes want to rain. But we humbly suggest you stay. Trust. Keep calm and Rumpbelle-ship on.

CapSwanOUAT: we've seen pics of Emma and Regina apparently working together in the forest...is there anything about that you can tell us?
We can tell you that the dynamic between these two women throughout the second hour is probably our favorite thing about the finale. It's just so well-done and shows how far they've come this season and from the beginning of the series.

28f4f2cf32cdca5fb7f693d382cf3565.gif

This gif perfectly descrives my feelings about this two things.

(Oh, and Charming is so the one that kills Hook)

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

This article seems to be badly written, grammar-wise, so maybe it's not even A&E, just the writers who continually miss the words. This was probably meant to say "a change in condition". But even then, it should be "of", not "with"...

• Love 1
Yep. And in one scene, he makes her quite the interesting offer.

I have visions of "Indecent Proposal". He looks like a rich dude and if heros are villians, maybe Robin's code gets an overhaul.

Trust. Keep calm and Rumpbelle-ship on.

I still think Rumple's heart is going to turn to charcoal "killing Rumple, the Dark One gets released and Belle shares her heart with Rumple.

We also still have that :"Wounded Heart" potion in the wind. Zelena had it in New York, but did she actually give it to Rumple? Didn't the hospital save him?

• Love 1
I have visions of "Indecent Proposal". He looks like a rich dude and if heros are villians, maybe Robin's code gets an overhaul.

Well, her previous "love interest" (gag) IS playing Christian Grey...

This is one time I wish I wasn't such a spoiler *cough*something*cough*.  I can make sense of nothing and now I'm seeing that the girl (Leanne?) has posted a coffee emoji which has some people flailing about.  Yeah, spoiler or not, I'm not sure she shouldn't have done that.  

I have to say though, I'm looking forward to some of the cheesetastic lines, like the one Rumple tells Henry about a good deed is it's own reward and comes with no price.  I laughed...hard at that.

(edited)

Him and Hook have a past and he will forever feel slighted and inadequate next to him even if he has all the magic in the world, so if that to him makes Hook fair game, then so be it.  But what about Emma?  She has done nothing to him.  Henry is his grandson and he basically leaves him behind, all alone.  Snowing haven't done anything to him.  Even Regina hasn't anything to him.

Rumple never did anything he didn't wanna do.  He manipulated every single one of these people in order to get what he wanted.  I'd think he'd be happy to never see any of them ever again and just go on his merry way to live his happily ever after.  But nope, not Rumple!  Rumple wants his cake and eat it too.

What good does being a knight who is worshipped for his heroism do if the only people in awe of him are a bunch of strangers that might not even be real?

Edited by ParadoxLost

What good does being a knight who is worshipped for his heroism do if the only people in awe of him are a bunch of strangers that might not even be real?

But even with that, he is sort of a false knight, isn't he?  Take away his magic and what is he?  Rumple wants to be a hero, wants to be a knight, wants to have magic. It's like he's in this daydream and we get to see what goes on in his head and it's all wishful thinking.  

Rumple has won the lottery.  That's really what it comes down to.  He made himself the bravest, awesomest person ever, someone everyone should envy.  He is brave, he has magic, he "slays" ogres and he has the girl.  But what's left when you take the frill away?  That Ursula line at the end of 4x11 was exactly what the writers are doing with Rumple.  

Also, I doubt Hook is a pirate in the AU and I'm pretty sure Emma is.  Actually, I'm willing to bet that Emma is a pirate and it totally makes sense that she would be.

And how perfectly in character for Rumple to want to be seen as the hero to Bae. He never really loved Bae/Neal the person...he loved the idea of being the perfect father.  Instead of remembering the person his son was, he wants to be remember him thinking of him as a hero. Bae loved his father, flaws and all.

I was beginning to feel sorry for Rumple when he talked of Baelfire, but by the end of his speech, I was rolling my eyes. He never loved his son for his own sake. What a shame.

It would be nice if they retain their memories from the AU when things are set right because it sounds like there's room for a lot of improved understanding of each other. But on this show, I'm afraid that instead of the villains realizing that being a hero is actually very difficult and often painful (because the right choice is usually the hard choice to make because it requires sacrifice), the heroes will end up learning that the poor villains are just misunderstood and have had such sad lives.

• Love 3

If Dark!Charming does kill AU Hook, and if they retain their memories, that could be highly entertaining going forward. Could David really keep throwing shade on Hook -- you know, the guy who's saved his life and jumped through multiple portals for his daughter -- after having killed him? Awkward!

• Love 2

One thing I've enjoyed about the Author is two of the sneaks is that he finally mentions how shitty the EF is compared with ours and other worlds. It's basically medieval, and it has always bugged me that this has not bugged the characters whenever they've had to return. No one in the missing year seemed at all annoyed that they were suddenly without modern technology and medicine. 

• Love 7