Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

but then never address the actual murder that happened a few years ago to someone who was arguably a better/closer friend to Emma than Lily ever was.

I don't know, he seemed pretty close to Lily: both genuinely liking Emma but shooting themselves in the foot with her by lying about something (Lily being adopted, Graham sleeping with Regina). The main difference is Graham got a chance to reconcile with Emma, just prior to his death. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing if Lily will take such a chance.

Edited by Mathius

I don't think the actual scene in the episode is SwanQueen/queer baiting. It's just the usual St. Regina whitewashing (because you know if Emma kept a secret from Regina, even out of good intentions, she'd be crucified both in the show and in fandom). But in context of the way these people deal with social media, I think the script tease itself is SwanQueen baiting (which is kind of queer baiting, since they're never going to actually go there on the show, but they're trying to get social justice credit for acknowledging it away from the show) because it seems designed to get exactly the reaction it got, which was a swarm of replies along the lines of "OH, TEH FEEEEELLLLLZ" and other swooning from the SwanQueen contingent. 

My sentiments exactly. The tease is more like, "Aren't Emma and Regina just the best of friends? Regina apologized and Emma doesn't blame her! TEH FEELZ!", as if their friendship trumps Emma's relationship with her parents. (Which, sadly, it does at this point...) There is a Lily parallel here is as well. Lily kept something from Emma, but instead of being disowned, Regina is forgiven.

Edited by KingOfHearts

That secret wasn't Regina's secret to tell in the first place, but she is also so much better than 10 year old Snow at keeping other people's secrets.  

I hope that A&E don't give interviews at all.

• Love 1

That secret wasn't Regina's secret to tell in the first place, but she is also so much better than 10 year old Snow at keeping other people's secrets.  

I hope that A&E don't give interviews at all.

Yet how much differently would things have turned out if Regina had had Emma's attitude after Snow inadvertently blabbed Regina's secret to Cora.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

She does find young!Emma at the bus stop.  I'm guessing they talk and it doesn't go over very well.

Young Lily finds Young Emma or older Lily finds Young Emma?  I didn't know Wii Emma was coming back to grace us again.

These are the times where I miss Elsa. I know 4A sucked with Frozen fever but she was actually a good friend to Emma and Disney would force them to actually write friendships thats good for Emma in Elsa.

Edited by mjgchick
Young Lily finds Young Emma or older Lily finds Young Emma?  I didn't know Wii Emma was coming back to grace us again.

okay, wait.  There was a scene with young!Lily and young!Emma at night at the bus stop.  The scenes were filmed for 419, episode Lily.

It isn't baiting from my angle. Fans of a certain ship leaning will rally the troops for any reason, most particularly when one hasn't been established. It's been done ad nausea for SQ and SF and even to a degree, but a different degree for CS because that ship is the one that sailed for A&E. Fans will see what they want to see and live in permanent denial of anything that doesn't float their particular character relationship boat. When fanfic is so prolific and the creators of the show have masses of storyline played off screen, well, that is a breeding ground for fertile minds!  

I like what Regina brings to the show when they allow her to just be edgy Regina. It isn't her fault that she is given such piss poor script lines with screwed continuity. Lana does a great job being Regina. uch like a daily soap opera, none of the actors seem to know what the hell is coming on the next page, and while that is intended to keep their performances fresh, it can also blow big holes in their character development. Not necessarily fair to the actors or their followers.

• Love 1

Adam has chosen this particular script tease because he knew the kind of reaction it was going to produced from the SQ shippers, and it's exactly the kind of reaction he wanted to produce. That's why I think it's fanservice and baiting. But, for me, the biggest problem is that he has chosen this particular script tease the day after some of those same shippers attacked William Shatner on twitter because of his opinion about SQ and OQ. So it looks like he is rewarding the bullies (again).

Anyway, new interview with Victoria Smurfit from Cosmopolitan. I haven't read all of it, but it doesn't seem very spoilery, except, maybe, this bit about Rumple and Belle:

I do love the Rumple and Belle [relationship] very much. It's almost love, almost there. The love that never can be.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
The love that never can be.

You know, if the show seriously portrayed it as such, I would probably love it. But they show it as an OTP, so...

But, for me, the biggest problem is that he has chosen this particular script tease the day after some of those same shippers attacked William Shatner on twitter because of his opinion about SQ and OQ. So it looks like he is rewarding the bullies (again).

Far be it from me defending A&E, but they probably didn't know about SQ/Shatner incident. I doubt they read Twitter that religiously

Far be it from me defending A&E, but they probably didn't know about SQ/Shatner incident. I doubt they read Twitter that religiously

Adam absolutely knows. He follows Shatner & even tweeted afterward that he respects Shatner. Given that, picking an SQ script tease hardly seems a coincidence.

Edited by Souris

Well, if he did, than who knows. Still, I'm not sure this excerpt was conscious SQ bait. They do it from time to time, and probably realize that some SQers will consider ANY Emma/Regina interaction ship tease, but I'm not convinced they only do it for them, or even think about them that often.

You know, if the show seriously portrayed it as such, I would probably love it. But they show it as an OTP, so...

This show could be so good if it actually owned how messed up it is. Regina's a murderous sociopath, Belle is a victim of Stockholm Syndrome, Snow is a codependant guilt- complex-extraordinaire, Henry is a kid with an abusive childhood who needs therapy, Emma is a defensive orphan, Rumple is a psychopathic evil mastermind, Hook is recovering from centuries of being a thieving drunk, and Robin still is a thieving drunk who has a thing for his wife's attempted murderer. I won't even get into the crazy villains. It all just spells D R A M A.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 10

Dear fellow spoiler addicts: I have an announcement to make.

Because I have absolutely no interest in any of the upcoming plots about Lily, Maleficent, the road trip, Robin/Regina, or anything Operation Mongoose-related, I am officially staying away from spoilers for the rest of the season. I'm already at the point where I'm this close to giving up on this season, so this is my last ditch effort to keep my interest alive in these final episodes. If the episodes end up being terrible, at least I'll be somewhat surprised by how terrible they are instead of knowing beforehand how awful they'll probably be.

It's been fun, y'all. I'll jump back in here once the 4B finale has aired.

• Love 4

Thank the heavens for Cruella.  That chick is a scream!  Between the venomous sass and the psychotic driving, I'm more than entertained.  Dare I say I'm cautiously optimistic about this episode?  +100pts if they give Regina and Robin as much screen time as Hook and Emma got last episode.  *still peeved over that*

• Love 2
Thank God. I was experiencing some serious sneak peek withdrawals. Using magic from the egg to stay young? Yeah, I'm sure. Give me a break.

That's usually me, very impatient to get sneak peeks, but after Sunday's episode, the excitement for the rest of the season has worn off, a lot.

The whole eggshell thing being magical, I can see.  Some people use eggshells in facial masks.  It helps tighten the skin.

"I'm a terrible person and I left her in the woods to die." Never change, Cruella. If she has a sob story (I'm sure she does), at least she's not openly sobbing about it and acting like a victim.

This is the attitude that I miss from Mayor Mills. Evil without a care and knows it.

The whole eggshell thing being magical, I can see.  Some people use eggshells in facial masks.  It helps tighten the skin.

Perhaps. I'm just tired of contrivances used to explain plot holes.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Oh man, loved that sneak peak. Snarky, droll Cruella and gloriously shitty CGI, these are a few of my favourite things.

ETA: Matt Mitovitch offers a sneak peak of his Once sweeps preview on Twitter:

Matt Mitovich ‏@MattMitovich
@motormouthcrazy Here's a sneak peek: "
crosses a line."

Pretty sure he's just talking about Emma and/or Regina literally crossing the town line, but he'll probably write it in such a way as to make it seem like one of them goes dark.

Edited by retrograde

I move we keep Cruella around after 4B.  She is in many ways what Regina used to be in terms of the snark and the "above it all" attitude.

As for the second sneak peek?  I can already hear the Swan Queeners losing it.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

Cruella is pretty awesome!  I laughed during both sneaks.  Makes me wonder what her happy ending is and I'm guessing she had no idea that dude was the Author, otherwise she would never have made that trip.

And yes, Cruella, Henry is dreadful.

And also obnoxious.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I love how Cruella was so casual about the death threat, posing Henry next to her like a selfie. Love how she calls everyone "darlings". 

And Emma, Regina lived without magic (mostly) for 28 years. She's been proven to be very capable of handling herself. The only reason Zelena was a threat in 3B was because she had the dagger and her magic was superior. The playing field is quite leveled now.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I dunno, for those 28 years she kind of had the odds stacked in her favour and didn't face any real threat. I can imagine Emma being concerned for any of the EF folk going into the real world for the first time, especially after Rumple was so petrified. Regina may know intellectually what is out there, but she has never experienced most of it herself and she has only met a handful of non-fairytale people in her life.

• Love 1

Regina may know intellectually what is out there, but she has never experienced most of it herself and she has only met a handful of non-fairytale people in her life.

Regina has been outside, though. She didn't seem to have any problems manipulating the adoption agency. It's not so much being in New York that Emma was afraid but Zelena. I would, however, love to see Regina in a world where she's not in control and people don't give a crap about her lasagna.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Cruella is freaking awesome!! Mal's heavy monologuing seemed pretty pathetic in comparison. 

That Emma/Regina scene gave me Korrasami vibes (Legend of Korra). Emma seemed way too concerned about Regina. 

Regina thinks way too much of herself. Going into the adoption agency with confidence is one thing. Going into Manhattan carrying a loaded concealed weapon is a whole different ballgame. If she even got caught with the gun, she'd be screwed and her royal status wouldn't help her one bit.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Leave it to this show to make dalmatians the terrorizing heavies in their story with Cruella.

We're getting a scene with Pongo begging Cruella for her friendship over Snausage shots, right?

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
We're getting a scene with Pongo begging Cruella for her friendship over Snausage shots, right?

You know, Pongo's absence is particularly startling for an arc involving Cruella. Maybe he's off in a secure bunker with Aurora and Philip, who are oddly absent from an arc involving Maleficent.

But on this show, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scene like the one in The Awful Truth, with the divorcing couple trying to get the dog to choose which one of them to go to, between Archie and Cruella, and Pongo chooses Cruella because he originally belonged to her, even if she treated him badly. They'll have a joyful reunion and Archie will be out of luck, but no one will care.

• Love 1

Emma seemed way too concerned about Regina.

Ugh. But get ready for more of this. The next three episodes are going to be heaven for the SQ shippers and a nightmare for the rest, at least for me.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4

Is it just me or does Emma look kind of sick? Something just feels off about her...

I just caught the promo with Emma, QoD, and Rumpel and the potential for greatest evil again.  What struck me is that the sickly make up they put on her to make her a "villain" in that promo is exactly the same make up job they did on her in Heart of Gold.  The sneak peak she does look sick but not quite as bad.  I think that the JMo is portraying that her parents lies are weighing her down; but they are definitely using make-up to enhance,  In the sneak, it came across as a lack of make up which is a step up from preparing Emma to join the cast of iZombie.

Edited by ParadoxLost
Regina thinks way too much of herself. Going into the adoption agency with confidence is one thing. Going into Manhattan carrying a loaded concealed weapon is a whole different ballgame. If she even got caught with the gun, she'd be screwed and her royal status wouldn't help her one bit.

Maybe that's the reason she gives her a gun.  Emma may have a carrier's permit, but Regina doesn't.  I know she can magic herself one.

Emma being worried is not impossible, she said it herself, she considers Regina her friend and since they're pushing this nonsense friendship then Emma being all worried is normal.  But people will see what they wanna see, so whatever, but it's annoying as hell.  And she's not worried about Regina being in a big city, she's worried about Zelena.  Regina has no magic outside of Storybrooke and neither does Zelena for that matter, but when you've relied on magic for a really long time as your solution to everything, the world outside of Storybrooke will suck, hard.

That being said, Regina went undercover because Snow asked her because of the whole Emma situation and Regina actually failed pretty miserably at her mission of uncovering whatever Gold wanted.  She already knew he wanted the author, so there's nothing new there.  And he wouldn't tell her the rest of the plan because he didn't trust her.

Hook is the one who found out what the man's intentions with the author were, he's the one who found out the real danger he represents for Emma.  It wasn't Regina.  Regina was only there to find out her psycho sister is alive and shacking up with her two week boyfriend and his kid.

In the sneak, it came across as a lack of make up which is a step up from preparing Emma to join the cast of iZombie.

iZombie is hella better than Once, so if JMo wants to go there, she should.  And it films in Vancouver.  I'm surprised the town hasn't imploded with all the hot running around filming different series.  I might consider moving to Vancouver at this rate.

Also, regarding Emma's makeup.  There's definitely a difference between 412 and now.  I thought Emma was glowing when the show came back and I think from 415 on, the makeup changed especially under her eyes.  They're red-rimmed like she's been crying or not sleeping.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

It just looks like Emma haven't been sleeping and is so worried about what her parents did. That's such a difference from her and Hook walking together at the end of the episode without a care in the world.

She does look like she and Liv Moore could be related. It's like when ever Spencer Hastings about to go bat shit crazy on us they do some weird makeup to let us know that shits about to go down.

They change up the makeup with the other characters, too. Gold has the dark eyeshadow and guyliner when he is being evil and almost none when he is being good. Plus RC changes out his contact lenses to fit the scene.

Emma being friendly with Regina always makes me feel something is off about her.

Really. I'm starting to think that Jennifer Morrison hates this friendship nonsense as much as some of us do, and that's why her acting always seems off in these scenes, because she doesn't know how to make them believable.

Emma being worried is not impossible, she said it herself, she considers Regina her friend and since they're pushing this nonsense friendship then Emma being all worried is normal.  But people will see what they wanna see, so whatever, but it's annoying as hell. 

I don't know if you are on Tumblr, but if so, don't go to the OUAT spoilers tag. It's terrifying.

Cruella:  I think you've had too much gin

She is talking to the writting staff, right??

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2