Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

"It will definitely be a big one," she said.

I take this with a huge grain of salt for many reasons. For one, with no disrespect to the actress, Lana isn't exactly accurate with what she says versus what's on screen. Secondly, we've seen in the spoilers that things can't be too different because everyone is still strolling around Storybrooke. Thirdly, if it were anything very interesting I'd think there'd be slightly more press. And fourthly, a "big" cliffhanger to Lana is probably the Hoods going back to EF, which we already know about.

(Random thought: With these troll bridge/round table spoilers, wouldn't it be funny if pretty much everyone in town knew the Queens of Darkness one way or another? Like they're linked with everyone?)

Edited by KingOfHearts

They are ALL misfits! And I think that is the point of every plot line/character. Villains and Heroes interchange with personal needs within the characters.

Totally pure heroes and dastardly evil villains tend to be boring. It is the inhumanity/humanity in them that makes the viewers magnetized to their story. All these fairy tales are transposed into 21st century morality and that is why we become so attached. And frustrated and annoyed and honestly...addicted to them.  We judge them by our social standards. When, in their world they have all lied and cheated, led twisted lives even and killed ...someone, somehow, somewhere....to survive.

The Canadian spoiler with it's nanosecond of Hook and Rumple laughing together could, out of context be most confusing, sending us into massive overdrive trying to tell the tales that could be possible...while in context could be the two of them totally power snarking each other.

But either way ,they have to keep us vastly entertained with their drama and coming back for more. As spoiler addicts here, we can't get enough of ANY little clue. But in the past we have come up with theories here that have far surpassed what has eventually been shown. Scenes like the one where Hook threw a drunken Will into the wall lasted two seconds and had us creating all kinds of scenarios from it, when it was simply a two second goofball moment to keep us drawn into what was otherwise a story that had nothing to do with Will and Hook! The writers (and sneak- peek makers!) KNOW EXACTLY HOW TO PLAY US :)

They are doing it quite well at the moment !

Regarding Belle/Hook/dagger. While we have all these great thoughts on who will be controlling whom, who will have the guts to make a stand...it could in the script, be something totally warped and unsatisfying (HA) .They have shown Belle to be a total, mindless dork this season, and I think most of us would enjoy seeing her totally destroy this wretched version of Rumple, but can it ever really happen with the short shrift they give her character constantly? (and Carlyle's deep desire NOT to let Gold go good. )Even her centric with her mother was...really braindead. They have mostly destroyed her strength. A&E have stated in an interview that Belle has a position of strength and courage in the finale. But many times their definition of strength and courage falls far short of what we crave.

And Hook...good gawd they have made him the angst whipping boy long enough, thank-you. Rumple has deserved a Hooking for two hundred years. GIVE it to him...let the dagger be REAL Let Hook PLEASE kick some serious Rumple ass without all the inner turmoil and wondering if Emma will mind if, when, how she ever finds out.  Emma can step back and let the man be the man. She has been drawn to him like a moth to a flame since they stepped onto the beanstalk. And she, frankly, now knows how he kisses, trusts being vulnerable with him and apparently likes it very much, when she is not being the hard ass survivor of a wretched childhood. If she, in those pictures is blasting him (which I doubt, and as someone mentioned is a three second plot), she should have HER heart examined. While she has been savior to storybrooke, HE has been savior to her.

Regina and Robin? Blechhhh. Who the hell knows what anything between them means. They got where they are through a sordid, sleevy plot line and there is no actual morally high ground redemption from that but we all know that Regina will survive, in whatever form, because, well, she is the sassy Lana Parilla that in spite of her hideous sexual luck as The Evil Queen, Mayor, Regina, is a gem to this show.

And cliffhanger is a catch-word. Every damned episode has a cliff hanger. it is just that we will have to hang on to the cliff for three months with this one!!

This is the first time in a while I am actually looking forward to how they tie up the scattered ends and attach us all with the dangling ends to that literary boob tube cliff!!!

I just had a thought after seeing the BTS of them getting ready to film whatever between Mal and Regina.  They're coming out of the library.  Is there a chance in hell that Regina is the one who frees Maleficent?  They used to be buddies, maybe Regina decides to free her so that they can be buddies again.  Maleficent as a SB "resident" seems to be coming into play on in 414 (Enter the Dragon).

I just had a thought after seeing the BTS of them getting ready to film whatever between Mal and Regina.  They're coming out of the library.  Is there a chance in hell that Regina is the one who frees Maleficent?

Well she did free Sidney, another person she forgot she had locked up.

Has this script tease been posted?

Adam, how do you post something like that, and not know what kind of response you'll be getting?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Oh, I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

You can't put up something like that and not expect people to have a reaction.  "well that's gross" was my reaction and then "I can't believe I'll have to actually hear it during the episode."

• Love 1

I think Adam may be reading too much Rumbelle smut fanfic. Although to be fair, some fanfic writers have a more thought-out plot than Adam sometimes.

I'm also wondering about Male and Regina looking all buddy-buddy. We've seen several pictures of Ursula and Cruella together but not with Maleficent. Could it be that they aren't actually working together as Rumple's Angels and maybe there will be more than one front to fight?

I'm pretty sure this is the first we've heard of any notable cliffhanger. I mean, I expected there to be some things only teased and left unanswered, but still. I wonder if it's just the arrival of the trio, or a cliffhanger with the main cast?

We don't know when she did that interview, so she can be talking about the Queens of Darkness. Those three women appearing in Storybrooke just at the end of the episode could have been a great cliffhanger, especially if they hadn't spoiled it in the promo and the interviews. I get why they spoiled it (the ratings are going down and the Frozen folks are leaving), but I think it was a mistake.

But, with Lana, who knows. She is not the most reliable source of information about the show.

TVF: First question for Sunday’s episode, how would you predict Captain Swan fans will react to this finale?

COD: I think they will be…intrigued. I’ll leave it at that because I don’t want to give it away. There’s a definite cliffhanger at the end of the episode. It’s very difficult especially with a mid-season finale or a finale to not give too much away because I think what’s important is for fans of the show to just go in and go ‘oh my God, that just happened!’ But I think that people will be very, very happy with the episode and it sets up the second half of the season very, very well.

Well he's the second person to mention the cliffhanger.  I hate cliffhangers.

Well he's the second person to mention the cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers.

Yeah, me too. And it seems the cliffhanger has to be something related to Hook and Emma, if he is talking about it in a question about Captain Swan. But it can't be a "is he dead or alive" type of situation because he talks about his role in the second half of the season in the same interview, so it has to be about the dagger (like "is Hook the new Dark One") or the heart.

TVF: The fact that Hook comes from the sea and we know Ursula comes from the sea, is there any chance there’s some history there?

COD: All I can say is that Hook has history with one of the three villainesses but I won’t say which one.

Ursula makes the most sense, but with this writers, it would be Cruella :-)

Edited by RadioGirl27
Ursula makes the most sense, but with this writers, it would be Cruella :-)

He technically knows Maleficent.  We don't know how well, however.  I wonder if he'll be disapointed that she's not wearing earth tones.

And i don't necessarily think the cliffhanger has something to do with CS but rather setting up something 4B.  They're wrapping up 4A so it doesn't really make sense that the cliffhanger has anything to do with any of the couples that are in play.  But then again, I could be totally wrong which we all know here, I've been plenty.

Yeah, I don't think the cliffhanger is CS-related. They're holding hands and happy in what looks like the very beginning of 412... unless it's the fastest-resolved cliffhanger in history, it should be something else.

I agree Hook should have history with Maleficient, if they feel like NOT retconning their past show, and Ursula would also make sense. But definitely Mal.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

The Coat! He misses the coat!! YES. Me, too.

Please please please can we see his coat again?

(And give him him back his ship!!!)

I miss the coat too and it's funny how tumblr reacted to this sentence, given that everybody wanted to see him in modern clothes!!!

As for who's the one Hook knows, I was thinking Malificent either. 

• Love 2

The "very very happy" part makes me think we have a CS love declaration or a TLK coming. I think it's more likely to be an "I love you" moment. Colin seems to have become more confident in his interviews.

Count me in as someone who will be miffed if they retcon Hook and Mal. He immediately knew it was Mal even when she was in that medusa/whatever it was form. There has to be some sort of history, it doesn't have to be much, I just want them to acknowledge it. Maybe he ran into her when he did a job for Pan? Who knows, I just want something.

But then again, I'd also be miffed if he doesn't have some sot of connection to Ursula due to his seafaring background.

But it'll probably end up being Cruella for some reason :(

Why can't he know more than one of them? I've always imagined Hook would possibly know quite a few villains through his work with Pan.

Happy to know that the coat may return, even if it's in flashbacks. I love how Colin is so in love with the Jolly. I miss it too. No Jolly, and he doesn't even have his sword anymore.. :'(.

We'll see how the cliffhanger goes.

RE: Rumble scriptease

Toys? Rumble doesn't have many things in his castle that could be classified as toys. Given that they have already had Belle innocently cut off Gaston's legs, I'm ready to believe that Belle is playing with Marco's puppet parents.

Rumple really needs to free those two completely innocent people. Consider it payment for Archie performing the wedding.

Count me in as someone who will be miffed if they retcon Hook and Mal. He immediately knew it was Mal even when she was in that medusa/whatever it was form. There has to be some sort of history, it doesn't have to be much, I just want them to acknowledge it.

Yeah exactly, based on how he immediately recognized her, I'd say his past history is with Maleficent. Though I wish he had history with Ursula because that would have been a great way to do a flashback to either his childhood or navy time.

We definitely get more of Hook’s backstory in the second half of the season.

Good! I know he mentions missing the big leather coat, (we all do, Colin), but I'd really like to see a flashback to his younger days before becoming a pirate. Unless... we're actually getting an episode of the missing year where we can finally see him outrun the curse and find out who he traded the Jolly to! (Too bad they already named an episode called "The Jolly Roger." It would be kind of awesome to get an episode from her perspective: outrunning Zelena's curse, the sad goodbye when Hook has to let her go, and how she eventually fell into the hands of Blackbeard.)

• Love 2

I'm also wondering about Male and Regina looking all buddy-buddy. We've seen several pictures of Ursula and Cruella together but not with Maleficent. Could it be that they aren't actually working together as Rumple's Angels and maybe there will be more than one front to fight?

I'm wondering if maybe Regina is either in cahoots with them or she doesn't know that Maleficent is actually one of them and she was manipulated into ressurecting her.

Kili, I wish Gaston would be freed too. Maybe some day Rumple will die and all his trapped people will be saved. Of course, Zelena died and there's no sign of Lumiere...

Edited by KingOfHearts

Even though I really look forward to Maleficent being connected to everyone, I wouldn't really consider it a retcon if it turns out Hook had never met her. There's plenty of ways for him to know of her without having ever met her. Regina did "introduce" her as an old friend, and everyone knows Regina doesn't have many friends.

That said, they totally know each other. She's totally the one who told Hook that Belle was in Regina's castle and I'll be bummed if my headcanon doesn't become canon.

So I've been wondering about Colin's comment about CS fans being...intrigued.  I'm assuming this has to do with Hook's heart.  So Emma and Hook have been paralleling a lot of things.  Emma's heart can't be taken.  What if Hook's heart can't be crushed or can just be restored after it's been crushed?

• Love 1

Good! I know he mentions missing the big leather coat, (we all do, Colin), but I'd really like to see a flashback to his younger days before becoming a pirate. Unless... we're actually getting an episode of the missing year where we can finally see him outrun the curse and find out who he traded the Jolly to! (Too bad they already named an episode called "The Jolly Roger." It would be kind of awesome to get an episode from her perspective: outrunning Zelena's curse, the sad goodbye when Hook has to let her go, and how she eventually fell into the hands of Blackbeard.)

I'll echo the love for Hook's duster.  That coat needs to have its own fan club - ha!!  I'm so looking forward to more Hook back story.  Any and all of it.  There's just so much potential and so much we don't know (don't mess this up, writing team. *glares*)...I personally hope we can see more Liam.  I need more Jones boys so badly.  I don't know why, but Killian's relationship with Liam just really makes me emotional.  It was such an important and formative time for him.  Hear that, Santa?  Pleeeease?  It's all I want for Christmas.

• Love 1

Liam :''( so if Henry is coming clean to Belle about the book I wonder if she'll get involved with operation mongoose. Also, if he's coming clean, does that mean there is a previous scene with them where she notices him acting weird or something??

Can we just change the name from Mongoose to Desperate?  Three script tease, one with OQ, one with RB and one with Belle and Henry.  I see what you're doing there Adam.  

ETA - Belle has some vested interest in finding the author of the book because of Rumple and the whole happy ending BS.  Rumple is another villain who has now moves far, far away from his happy ending because he has consistently chosen power over her.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

ETA - Belle has some vested interest in finding the author of the book because of Rumple and the whole happy ending BS. Rumple is another villain who has now moves far, far away from his happy ending because he has consistently chosen power over her.

The only way to make this boring storyline even worse is by involving Belle. What if she starts researching obscure books to help Operation Mongoose in 4B?!

I'm neutral toward Belle.

operation moon  gets worse with each spoiler! All characters are white or black because some god like the author wrote it .

So, really the big bag is the author and the villains the real poor victim.

watever!!

it is against the slogan. Evil is made and not born!

Forget the free will , people are just puppets like Archie parent.

But I guess Youppie for Hook's past and the Jolly Rodger !

I'm neutral toward Belle and Rumple is central at this point.

Colin used the word intrigue but all that makes me is suspicious. I know he also said CS fans would be happy. I'm just not sure that will line up with my version of happy.

I wish Jen did an interview. She usually makes me feel better about things without actually spoiling it.

Good Lord, now we've got Operation Stupid to shove into the finale, too! Way, way too much going on.

Yeah. So, in 42 minutes, we have:

- The flashback with Rumple, Belle and the Queens of Darkness.

- The goodbye to the Frozen folks.

- Belle, Henry and Operation Boredom.

- Regina, Marian and Robin, that includes Marian waking up from the curse, Robin making his choice and the tearful goodbye.

- Rumple, Hook and the heart.

- The hat.

- The cliffhanger.

Way, way too much. The fans in tumblr are hoping for an I love you, a TLK and/or sexy times for Emma and Hook. But looking at that list, if they share a 10 seconds scene I would be more than happy.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

I don't see how there's a TLK in this episode for CS. Neither one of them are cursed. We'll probably get one for Outlaw Queen just to twist the knife for their separation. I'd like an ILY for CS but I would think Jen would've given some interviews if it was coming.

I'm starting to wonder if they all get cursed by the queens o'darkness and that's what we 're seeing in filming of 4b. Perhaps Regina "forgets" Robin.

Can we just change the name from Mongoose to Desperate?

I do like the sound of Operation Desperation. It has a nice ring to it.

BELLE: Henry. What's wrong?

He decides to come clean and plops the STORY BOOK on the table.

This is actually pretty interesting. We all know Henry has read the story book dozens of times and has probably memorized every page. Maybe Hook and Emma's trip to the past slightly altered one of the Rumple/Belle stories, Henry notices the change in the book, and that's why we're getting their flashback tonight?

They pretty much answered all our questions in that ep. I do wonder how they get back to Storybrooke though, I guess they can portal jump now.

Also the speculated king could be Arthur now since there was a camelot reference. And the author is likely to be Merlin now. At least it's pretty much confirmed Author = Sorcerer.

The resolution of this episode could explain what's going on with the dagger. Belle probably buries it after kicking Rumple out of town (yay!!!), then when Rumple comes rolling back into town, she knows she and Hook are probably going to be his first targets, so they'll need the dagger to keep themselves safe and go to retrieve it, but then neither one of them really wants to have it.

• Love 3

Is Regina holding the dagger in the second gif from the promo here? Are they trying to neutralize the dagger or is it something else? I think whatever they do doesn't work, so they bury it, until Maleficent breaks free or the Queens of Darkness go after it and then Belle IDK washes her hands of the whole thing and gives it to Hook?

ETA: Are we sure Belle knows Rumple is back in town when she gives Hook the dagger? She might think the Queens of Darkness are trying to find it to use it against Rumple, even though that didn't really work for Cora.

And everyone's totally looking up at dragon Mal in the other two gifs, right?

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

Is Regina holding the dagger in the second gif from the promo here? Are they trying to neutralize the dagger or is it something else? I think whatever they do doesn't work, so they bury it, until Maleficent breaks free or the Queens of Darkness go after it and then Belle IDK washes her hands of the whole thing and gives it to Hook?

Regina has it in another shot as well. This game of "who has the dagger" just gets crazier by the minute. Belle, Hook, Rumple, Regina... I'm waiting for Henry to get his hands on it.

(I love how Belle is part of the Nevengers now in those gifs. She's becoming her own character!)

• Love 2