Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Oh, Boy.

The usual chaotic comments that mean...diddly when it comes to what actually shows on the screen! Part of the fun of ONCE (as well as the frustration) is the mish mash. We are in for it in aces. I expect it to be a mouthful of WTFs.

Three evil females is always fun, because I love how this show highlights females in power. But I am going to calmly and with much suspension of disbelief sit back and absorb the fun part.and overlook all the Land of Gaping Plot Holes elements. Oh, and enjoy the Colinesque visuals and jaw clenching smolder.

Rumple may be part humanitarian on planet DingDongBelle, but he is evil and cruel and deliciously dastardly to the rest of the sane viewership and people in Storybrooke.

• Love 3

Can you imagine if we get a Belle and Regina scene instead?

Honestly, I would much rather have that than yet another Useless Twit/Emma scene. The show and fandom is already "Once Upon A Hook" enough these days as it is. And I'm not even a Regina fan.

I'm guessing it's the Evil Trio, because A/E seem more interested in writing for all the Big Bad's/outside characters that they're really excited about than their already existing characters. I noticed that with Frozen before 4A started too.

Edited by Geeni
  • Love 1

Ursala in her costume looks like a drunk blowsy, drag queen on Halloween after all the bars close,  which is okey dokey with me...with her and Cruella and the flashback EQ and the general stupidity of the plotting and the funny lines, is this show actually not caring for the family audience stalking for a gay one???Can't we see a return of Mob Queen Little Bo Peep, I LUURRVED her.

Oh, Boy.

The usual chaotic comments that mean...diddly when it comes to what actually shows on the screen! Part of the fun of ONCE (as well as the frustration) is the mish mash. We are in for it in aces. I expect it to be a mouthful of WTFs.

Three evil females is always fun, because I love how this show highlights females in power. But I am going to calmly and with much suspension of disbelief sit back and absorb the fun part.and overlook all the Land of Gaping Plot Holes elements.......

Sigh...I have to agree with you. Season 1 is dead and buried...(I like to think it is an "alternate," Storybrooke which is continuing on today with more darkness and serious over tones.. ) So yes, I will enjoy the show for these three broads causing trouble and the funny lines, and really, how can you not love a "family" show that features heart rippings, has cameo appearances from the demon from the Exorcist and shows more boobs then Skinamax in its prime used to!

• Love 1

I guess you could say this is true because he's not just harming people for grins. He does have reasons, and not just because they owe him. When he hurts people, it's because they owe him, because of some slight (however small) or because he wants something and he needs to go through them to get it. For the most part, I think he just doesn't give a damn about the rest of the universe when it's not directly intersecting with him.

One doesn't have to be cruel for no reason to be considered... er, cruel. I'm tired of making excuses and finding explanations for all the convoluted things A&E say.

That Sneak Peek makes me hope that a large chunk of the action will centre on the Dagger/Heart plot. I don't think we'll get to see more than just a glimpse of the three villainesses.

I don't really get why they released the A&E interview now as it's talking about the villains in 4B when 4A hasn't even finished yet - I want to see how they close out 4A first before I start thinking about 4B.  It would have been better to release this interview after Sundays episode when we know where all the characters are at.

They're probably puffing up the villains of 4B because the 4A finale isn't particularly interesting.

If Miranda is a young Ursula, I wonder if they're going to blend her with Little Mermaid a bit. That "lovely singing voice" is a hint to me. Maybe she's a daughter of Triton or Poseidon.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Thinking about the pix we got yesterday: everyone Emma loves (except BDO) is in that room. Everyone Elsa loves is in that room. A show of solidarity? Something nefarious? We don't even know if they're there of their own volition.

The Hat/Dagger thing gets wrapped up, including Hook's heart. We know that already, right?   

Better quality photo of the Queens of Darkness:

https://twitter.com/EW/status/543045624548298753

My theory on Maleficent's darker look is that she became like that after being resurrected. Rumple got a Dark One wardrobe when he was revived. But since we see that design in an EF flashback, there goes the continuity with S1... (I'm actually mildly disappointed her staff has a dragon instead of a crow.)

Just watched the sneak peek. I'm really hoping Anna is Rumple's undoing. I love the fear in his voice when he was talking about her. The "stars aligned" deal is so contrived, and here I was hoping it was just a figure of speech the first time. It was my prediction Rumple would get in trouble in this episode, but could it be delayed until 4B as a cliffhanger?

Edited by KingOfHearts

The "stars aligned" deal is so contrived, and here I was hoping it was just a figure of speech the first time.

Yeah, it's also kind of annoying how Rumple keeps repeating his monologues. "I will have everything" "When the stars align" "Enjoy your last day because tomorrow's your last" "I should have killed you the first time" etc.

It was my prediction Rumple would get in trouble in this episode, but could it be delayed until 4B as a cliffhanger?

Considering we still have to get through an Outlaw Queen goodbye, saying goodbye to the Frozen crew, Hook getting his heart back, and some Enchanted Forest flashbacks that include our new Mean Girls trio... I'd definitely say there's a good chance all of the Rumple/Belle fallout will get delayed to 4B.

Edited by Curio

Yeah, it's also kind of annoying how Rumple keeps repeating his monologues. "I will have everything" "When the stars align" "Enjoy your last day because tomorrow's your last" "I should have killed you the first time" etc.

I'm almost considering using Rumple quotes for a drinking game on Sunday night. That said, IS there a OUAT drinking game?

• Love 1

No, we are already a bunch of drunks on normal Sundays. Hiatus drinking games would be bad.

I'm really hoping things go south for Rumbelle. It's about time! As for the A&E interview, I'm assuming they're releasing it now as a teaser for Sunday so people who don't care about the Frozen arc may tune in for Maleficent or Ursala or something.

ETA: Ha! Or what Curio said. What is with this show that it attracts so many women who like wine? I feel bad for any teetotalers on this board.

Edited by sharky

Hiatus drinking games would be bad.

I already have the college football playoffs (Roll Tide!) and the original Mardi Gras for that without adding more stress on the liver.

And I really want to know what a mammary gland did to Adam and Eddy to make boobs = evil.

Edited by Crimson Belle
  • Love 2

I already have the college football playoffs (Roll Tide!) and the original Mardi Gras for that without adding more stress on the liver.

And I really want to know what a mammary gland did to Adam and Eddy to make boobs = evil.

Oh, you're one of those fans. As a Mizzou grad, I would say "Screw you" or whatever, but we played so bad in the SEC championship. You're welcome. [Luckily, that means all my college football drinking is done for the season.]

I'm not sure what the deal is with the costume department and evil boobs. Although Emma had them while wooing past Hook so yea, I'm really not sure. It does make it seem cool and sexy to be bad though. This isn't a family show, right? ;)

More pictures are coming out from the set. Looks like some Captain Swan action so far in front of Granny's and Cruella's car. I'm really liking that car.

Finally watched the sneak peek! Oh dear, sweet, Rumple...He's so far gone; I honestly think he doesn't care if people overhear him giving evil speeches, etc. anymore. Soon he'll be stealing candy from babies and kicking puppies in broad daylight with all the townsfolk as witnesses. He's just so sure he's going to win. I kind of like it, even if it makes him look stupid. He just doesn't care anymore.

It'll be glorious when it explodes all in his face.

As for the continuity problem, I just watched that scene where Belle confesses about Anna, and Killy was there. Either he has bad memory, was too distracted by Emma in a tank top, or he named Emma the same way he seemed to list all the villains when he was talking Emma "defeating" them in the 3b finale.

I don't know.

This guy is usually on set (I think he is a paparazzi ) and he has this to say about Rumbelle to a fan asking about them:
You won't like 4x13 (major understatement)

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be a huge bucket of cold water for Rumbelle fans. Because they've been so happy with the way things have going so far this season. And last season. And for the last half of the season before that.  

I know more than a couple of shippers who are pretty much out as viewers after Sunday. Better off taking refuge in fanfic. 

• Love 1

Good night, Killian. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Love 8

Considering we still have to get through an Outlaw Queen goodbye, saying goodbye to the Frozen crew, Hook getting his heart back, and some Enchanted Forest flashbacks that include our new Mean Girls trio... I'd definitely say there's a good chance all of the Rumple/Belle fallout will get delayed to 4B.

Yeah, Belle is probably going to be asleep all episode in the pawn shop (you can see her in the sneak peek, sleeping there, in the same room where Rumple is menacing Hook). I'm not even convinced that they are going to solve the heart issue. Between the Regina-Robin-Marian stuff and Outlaw Queen teary goodbye, trying to find a portal to Arendelle and the teary goodbyes and the Halloween party in the Enchanted Forest, there is no time for much more.

Edited by RadioGirl27

. The Iron Bowl didn't help my liver... But it was worth it. Roll Tide

And I hope Belle throws a magnificent hissyfit over Rumple constantly lying to her and stealing her agency. (Though it'll probably be hur simply jutting out her lower lip and pouting for a nanosecond)

• Love 1

Yeah, Belle is probably going to be asleep all episode in the pawn shop (you can see her in the sneak peek, sleeping there, in the same room where Rumple is menacing Hook). I'm not even convinced that they are going to solve the heart issue. Between the Regina-Robin-Marian stuff and Outlaw Queen teary goodbye, trying to find a portal to Arendelle and the teary goodbyes and the Halloween party in the Enchanted Forest, there is no time for much more.

Yea, the time restraint to make all this happen really worries me.  Is Belle sleeping the reason for Hook almost whispering in the sneak peek? I have no idea what his voice was doing, it was very odd.

Way to park the car!

Seems like an abrupt stop.

Between the Regina-Robin-Marian stuff and Outlaw Queen teary goodbye, trying to find a portal to Arendelle and the teary goodbyes and the Halloween party in the Enchanted Forest, there is no time for much more.

The heart/Rumple plot will probably be resolved by Belle accidentally grabbing the real dagger, catching Rumple about to crush the heart, her saying, "Don't do that!" and him complying, and her taking that as proof of his goodness. Plot line resolved!

More seriously, since it looks like they're introducing the next arc in this episode and since there doesn't seem to be a big time or location jump, there is the possibility for something to remain unresolved as a cliffhanger. Then again, it seems like stars are aligning (literally) for it to be a go/no go on Hook's heart being used, so if Rumple doesn't do the spell then, I don't really see them just keeping Rumple in charge of Hook's heart without doing the spell on an ongoing basis.

Are all these villains showing up to get their happy endings the result of something Rumple does or the result of Operation Mongoose?

A few, not very interesting, pics of Hook and Emma from today's shoot:
http://yvrshoots.com/2014/12/shoot-once-upon-a-times-captainswan-jennifer-morrison-colin-odonoghue-in-steveston.html#.VIopCWTF_hq

It’s raining in Steveston as Storybrooke — which isn’t as common as Entertainment Weekly suggests — for an afternoon scene of Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) aka #CaptainSwan outside Granny’s Diner. [Emma roars up Main Street in her yellow VW bug, jumps out and has an earnest discussion with Hook. What is going on now?].

This hiatus is going to be horrible. As much as the show can annoy me at times, I still miss it when it's not on.

ETA: photo of a CaptainSwan hug (or whisper?):

http://katmtan.tumblr.com/post/104957093532/captain-swan

ETA: Someone on twitter asked Adam if Regina was going to get pregnant by Robin, and he replied back #nospoilers, so now of course all the Outlaw Queen fans take that as a 'Yes'. I suppose it would throw an interesting wrench into things if she finds out she preggers while Robin is back in the Enchanted Forest.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1

in the same room where Rumple is menacing Hook).

Is it wrong that I love watching Rumple menacing Hook? It's so ridiculous and corny. I love it. It makes me smile, and I'd totally watch an episode of Rumple just following Killy around, telling him it'll be his "last time" doing whatever.

I bet Rumple never imagined his plans would backfire due to him menacing his arch-nemesis.

I'll let the whole "Emma told me," slide mainly because that issue happens all the time with my family. Someone claims they or a specific person said or did something, and someone else remembers it being a different person. Then yelling typically ensues.

I'm a little worried about them cramming in everything in one episode, which makes me think something is going to be rather anticlimatic in order to keep the plot moving. My bet is on the heart retrieval. I know lots of people are hopong for lots of drama involving that, but they might just quickly take care it. Or possibly the Frozen goodbye.

The heart/Rumple plot will probably be resolved by Belle accidentally grabbing the real dagger,

Or the fake one.  But then there's an issue with continuity again because Rumple had the dagger in his hand when he told Belle to go in the shop because she could be dangerous to him (insert a million eye rolls).

• Love 1

And now that Ursula is coming, hopefully some Hookriel resolution.

It's doubtful Ariel is coming back because she's on a distant island in EF with Prince Eric.

I suppose it would throw an interesting wrench into things if she finds out she preggers while Robin is back in the Enchanted Forest.

I was just thinking that if Robin goes back to EF, Outlaw Queen is pretty much worthless. If she gets preggers, then I'll be throwing objects at the wall. Tying her down with a baby wouldn't be good for her character. One baby per show, please.

Edited by KingOfHearts

But then there's an issue with continuity again because Rumple had the dagger in his hand when he told Belle to go in the shop because she could be dangerous to him (insert a million eye rolls).

Or... they finally bring back the missing phone message as Belle listens to it in the shop, realizes what Rumple is up to, and switches the daggers behind his back. It'd be perfect karma.

Ariel was the only character I found Belle interesting with. Go figure. The less time she has with Emma and/or Hook the better. So ... what am I going to do about these scenes?

• Love 2

I cannot even express how ridiculous this name sounds. Now I'm expecting jokes from the writers about this since they enjoy having Hook tell everyone just how pretty he is.

Honestly, I don't know who was responsible for the creation of this or any of the ship names; I just roll with it.