Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

All that Golden Hook :'). I keep imagining them strutting down Storybrooke's main street with 'Stayin' Alive' playing in the background.

Hmmm...promo pics don't reveal too much, but I'm okay with that. I liked to be kept in the dark about things once in a while, especially for finales.

From TVLIne.com article:

Let us focus on the living, Marko! (That’s my way of dodging the question to instead tell you about the role being cast for Episode 15. The ABC series is seeking an African-American actress to guest-star as “Miranda,” a 19- to 22-year-old princess. Described as ” warmhearted and passionate,” this lass wants nothing more than to bring peace and beauty into the world. Yet beneath her gentle exterior, she is headstrong and full of grit – so if you cross her, you may find her more terrifying than even the most powerful kings. Did I mention she has a lovely singing voice, as well?)

Anyone have any ideas about what fairytale "Miranda" would be part of?  I'm stuck.

Is someone supposed to die?

Either A) he's talking about Hook's pseudo death we've all been predicting or B) He's an OQ shipper waiting for Marian to kick the bucket. We've seen the rest of the main cast alive, so those are the only two things I'm aware of.

"Miranda" could be the gal from Brave? The Princess and the Frog? 

Edited by KingOfHearts

Now I think about it, the death thing is probably an assumption from this:

"Two of the show's most beloved relationships will be tested and changed forever as Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own,"

Pretty sure they mean Robin and family and/or the Frozens, but I see why you might assume otherwise.

Edited by retrograde

But they're saying the relationships are beloved. I don't understand it, but there are people who love Outlaw Queen. And it's an Adam and Eddy quote, so I wouldn't expect it to bear any resemblance to reality anyway.

Meanwhile, glad to see Hook in a new shirt in those promo pics. They stayed up all night, but that's no reason not to change their clothes. He may be about to die, but at least it will be in clean clothes.

Edited by retrograde

Meanwhile, glad to see Hook in a new shirt in those promo pics. They stayed up all night, but that's no reason not to change their clothes. He may be about to die, but at least it will be in clean clothes.

"Enjoy your night being devishly handsome, dearie. It's going to be your last."

Now we have canon confirmation that Hook regularly showers and changes his clothes.

I remember A&E saying "I hope so" when someone asked them about a main character death this season. It's probably Hook being mostly dead.

"'Once Upon a Time' prepares for a Maleficent nightmare" on Zap2it.

That does not mean that there isn't something to fear when it comes to Cruella and Ursula. Parilla hints that there's also a backstory with them and Regina as well. "In regards to Cruella and Ursula -- [Regina] knows of these women. They too have a history with her, but not as close or as tight as Maleficent's," she says.

It will be old ties versus the new Regina when the evil three arrive in town. These are Regina's people and she's not about to let anyone near her throne. "[Regina] is going to take that sort mayoral position where she's going to protect everyone if there is any sort of havoc that is caused by these women," explains Parilla.

The Spell of Shattered Sight reminded Regina -- and fans -- how good it can be to be evil though. Reuniting with old friends in the face of adversity may be Regina's best temptation to return to the dark side and everyone will have to choose which side of that moral line they fall on.

"Who is everyone going to root for -- heroes or villains? That's what this episode [on Dec. 14] is all about," Parilla says. "Regina is going to have to pick a side and I think that's going to play out throughout the season."

That does not mean that there isn't something to fear when it comes to Cruella and Ursula. Parilla hints that there's also a backstory with them and Regina as well. "In regards to Cruella and Ursula -- [Regina] knows of these women. They too have a history with her, but not as close or as tight as Maleficent's," she says.

love the idea of three women who all have a beef with Regina, but judging by the crap we got with Wicked vs. Evil, it won't be nearly the stuff I want.

"Who is everyone going to root for -- heroes or villains? That's what this episode [on Dec. 14] is all about," Parilla says. "Regina is going to have to pick a side and I think that's going to play out throughout the season."

So, they're dedicating an entire arc to Regina's flip flopping? Pass. Pass. Pass.

Has LP forgotten that Regina is no longer the mayor or is Regina just going to be bossing Snow around?

I know, right? Regina didn't do squat about the Snow Queen, why would she defend the town now? (Probably because she'll be a big target. Self-service.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Seems pretty unlikely Regina is going to choose the side of evil, based on those BTS photos of her doing magic with Emma and also because Henry is her only friend now and he wouldn't approve and also because there will already be four baddies in 4B including Rumple and it really would be overkill to add her as well.

However. There is that scene from the promo that seems like Rumple is telling her some of his evil plans in the car. Perhaps he tries to woo her over to the dark side? God, if Regina is the one who finds out his plan and saves the day by telling Emma... I just don't even want to go there.

I'm bracing myself for Regina being the one to tell Emma of Gold's plans. I fully expect it. Though why he would tell someone who could stop him about his plans, I have NO clue. I'm taking some comfort in the fact that she doesn't appear to be in the honeymoon house scenes. (We need to come up with a nickname for that house.)

Sounds like Josh and Ginny were filming today with the Evil Trio.

Edited by Souris

The Evil Trio looks amazing! Mal definitely looks a lot closer to her cartoon version than what she was wearing before. So Regina also has history with Cruella and Ursula? That makes me sad. Hopefully for Ursula, their history together starts and ends with the Regina/Ursula impersonation we saw in 'Ariel.'

I'd much rather have Cruella and Ursula be connected with the others of the main cast. I like the idea of them each sort of having their own main villain. Snow had Regina, Emma had the DQ, Rumple had Pan, Regina had Zelena. Heck, Charming had his evil King daddy/guy. Cruella can be Belle's, and Ursula can be Hook's.

Lana's interviews make as little sense as usual. She's neither the queen nor the mayor now, and since when has she cared about the masses? And does every half-season arc for Regina have to be about her flip-flopping? Most boring character arc ever!

I'm really disappointed that all three of the new villains are going to be antagonists for Regina. A&E are definitely giving 4B to Regina with a vengeance, aren't they? Emma didn't even get to defeat Ingrid in the half-season that was supposed to focus on her, but I bet Regina will have something better than Light Magic to defeat the villainess trio in 4B.

• Love 1

Honestly, I would not take the things Lana say at face value.  She tends to see things oddly and I find the things she says rarely tend to play out the way she says. Regina and Mal were buddies until Regina pretty much screwed her buddy over in every way she could.  Everyone who matters in town has also interacted with Mal.

She impersonated Ursula which unless there's a re-write is the only interaction she's ever had with her.  I still think Ursula's arc will encompass Hook in it.  I mean you can't have a sea Goddess show up and not have Hook there.  That would be a huge miss imo (even if the show is pretty used to huge misses).

And we know next to nothing about Cruella.

And from the looks of it, whatever EF scenes were being filmed yesterday (likely in the past then), Snowing were on the scene with the trio which means that they have encountered them.

I am fully expecting 4B to be the Regina show, just like 3B was, she was barely on this first half, A&E won't have that.  I really think they need to be careful how to use her though.  

Bigger and better photos of the Queens with an interview with A&E at EW. There are some really infuriating things there, like this about Rumple:

HOROWITZ: I don’t know if Rumple is ever full evil. Full evil implies a loss of humanity, and I think that as dark as Rumple gets, there’s still humanity in him that is struggling with the evil. That’s something we’re going to explore.

Yeah, there's a lot of humanity in the way he is treating Hook right now (and Belle).

I don't like the look they have made for Ursula, but Cruella looks amazing. Speaking of her:

Let’s talk about Cruella de Vil. Can you say what world she comes from?
KITSIS: We’re kind of taking some liberty there. We’re going to realize that our Cruella may have originated from the Enchanted Forest, and we may find out she has some magic of her own. She’s part villain, part Zelda Fitzgerald. There’s something glamorous and jazz age, but something very deadly about her as well.

This quote from Kitsis explains so many things

We really started like 12-year-olds playing with toys in the backyard and mashing them up. What’s fun is we’re into our fourth season, and we’re still doing it.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Emma (Jennifer Morrison) finally has her powers under control. As the savior, what role does she play going up against the Queens of Darkness?

KITSIS: The second half of the season is going to be much more psychological than magic versus magic. There’s going to be a lot of agendas at play and mystery. Regina and Emma are going to be working together to try and defeat these three.

HOROWITZ: They’re great together.

I can't wait to see Regina bitching at Emma about her magic, her constant put downs, have them build Emma up as the savior only to have Regina save the day in the end with never before seen magic.

• Love 4

This quote from Kitsis explains so many things

From the same interview, Horowitz's quote:

As far as Star Wars goes, it’s not something we want to bring on. We love Star Wars.

Meaning, they love Star Wars and don't want to ruin it and they don't love all the other fairytales they have ruined?!

Another quote from the same:

So, you’re saying these villains are teaming up to get their happy ending. Isn’t it a catch 22? To get their happy ending, aren’t they inevitably going to do something evil?

HOROWITZ: Happy ending doesn’t necessarily equal redemption, because happy endings are in the eye of the beholder.

KITSIS: Yeah, it’s what makes you happy. For instance, if watching two beloved heroes die makes you happy, well then your happy ending is probably different than the two heroes who want to see the villain die.

Ah, no redemption for Regina, I guess?

Last quote (for me):

It seems like Rumple is pretty much going full evil again when we end the first half of the season. Will they be working with him?

KITSIS: The winter finale is going to set that up.

HOROWITZ: I don’t know if Rumple is ever full evil. Full evil implies a loss of humanity, and I think that as dark as Rumple gets, there’s still humanity in him that is struggling with the evil. That’s something we’re going to explore.

KITSIS: Rumple likes to think that the ends justify the means. He’s willing to do things to get what he wants, but most people won’t. In his mind, that doesn’t make him evil. He’s not cruel. He doesn’t destroy people’s lives for no reason. It’s usually because they owe him.

For once, I find this answers rather satisfactory.

PS: Emma, you beat me with your quote!

He’s not cruel. He doesn’t destroy people’s lives for no reason. It’s usually because they owe him.

So Rumple is not cruel but wanted to hat Emma who is finally finding her place in the world after that was taken away by Rumple's shenanigans (and Regina).  It's not cruel at all that a man is standing there, pleading with him to not take her from her son, to leave her and the rest of the town alone.

It's also not cruel that he took a heart and keeps reminding owner of said heart that the clock is ticking.  Nothing like reminding someone they're going to die and die they shall.  I guess the whole it's because they owe him justifies everything Rumple is doing.  Hook might owe him because he pressed his luck with the blackmail, because he was a complete idiot, but what has Emma done to deserve being hatted?

I get A&E created the show, but sometimes, i wonder how it is they don't see what we see when they bring it to the screen.  Rumple is being cruel and evil because he is already threatening a world that doesn't believe in magic.  He'll leave Storybrooke alone, but can't make promises for the world outside of it?  Does the world outside of SB owe him something?  Has the world outside SB made deals with him?  

Rumple is evil and reprehensible.  There's no two ways about it.

• Love 1

While I appreciate getting an in-depth interview with Adam & Eddy about future episodes... why are we already talking so much about the next half of the season? Has everyone completely forgotten that we still have one more episode to get through first? Why weren't there any questions about Belle and Rumple's messed up relationship, Hook's missing heart, and what might happen in the finale 3 days from now?

It kind of makes me nervous that this finale isn't going to be super epic and will probably just be a set up for the villainous Mean Girls arc for 4B. Sigh.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
It kind of makes me nervous that this finale isn't going to be super epic and will probably just be a set up the villainous Mean Girls arc for 4B. Sigh.

Which would suck since I've been waiting for something of actual substance between Rumple and Hook since The Crocodile aired.

Cruella has magic? Ugh, no. And here I was looking forward to a NON-magical villain, for once.

And when has Rumple ever NOT been cruel? Sure, he justifies it by saying the person made a deal or wronged him, but it's still cruelty and he delights in it. What's next, they'll have him torturing Hook or Belle and go, "oh, he's not evil, he just cares too much"?

• Love 1

"We’re kind of taking some liberty there. We’re going to realize that our Cruella may have originated from the Enchanted Forest, and we may find out she has some magic of her own. She’s part villain, part Zelda Fitzgerald. There’s something glamorous and jazz age, but something very deadly about her as well."

I like the Zelda Fitzgerald thing, but please, can we have a villain that has no magic??? I am so tired of people just waving their hands and stopping someone but then the heros at the end find a ridiculous way to stop an all powerful being...(SNORE)

The second half of the season is going to be much more psychological than magic versus magic. There’s going to be a lot of agendas at play and mystery.

That would be great, but it would also be more like Season 1 which I loved but the duo thought needed a twist. We shall see.

She’s part villain, part Zelda Fitzgerald. There’s something glamorous and jazz age, but something very deadly about her as well.

So, I wonder if this means there's an Enchanted Forest equivalent to the 1920s jazz era. I mean we have a not-really-Victorian-England land for Wonderland, why not a not-really-1920s land? (Which would be the perfect segue into introducing Tiana or Dr. Facilier...)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
He’s not cruel. He doesn’t destroy people’s lives for no reason. It’s usually because they owe him.

I guess you could say this is true because he's not just harming people for grins. He does have reasons, and not just because they owe him. When he hurts people, it's because they owe him, because of some slight (however small) or because he wants something and he needs to go through them to get it. For the most part, I think he just doesn't give a damn about the rest of the universe when it's not directly intersecting with him. I'm not seeing the humanity part, especially not in the current plotline.

Oh dear, this probably means he'll pull back from doing this spell at the last minute, and that will be proof of how good he is.

The Ursula costume looks super nice and I usually don't comment on women's looks, but the actress playing Cruella is really, really skinny.  I find it just too jarring and I hope it's just the pictures.

Cruella's character design has always been ridiculously skinny under her fur coats, though. 

Cruella has magic? Ugh, no. And here I was looking forward to a NON-magical villain, for once.

I'm disappointed too. Although, the way they worded it I'm wondering if she'll have a specific power, like Elsa's ice magic. 

I'm not seeing the humanity part, especially not in the current plotline.

His humanity died with him in 3A, and probably again when Neal died. Now we've just got the Dark One.

Edited by KingOfHearts

To be fair to A&E (which pains me given all the dumb lines they have in that interview), I think that they meant Rumple is not cruel from his own perspective. He even said himself in the show "I am not a cruel man", all while doing something very cruel. It's his own form of self-deception: the notion that his victims have it coming for dealing with him the wrong way. That's why they prefaced their description with "in his mind".

Cruella's character design has always been ridiculously skinny under her fur coats, though.

That's what I was gonna say. The actress for Cruella looks EXACTLY like her cartoon counterpart, moreso than Glenn Close even did. It's impressive.

I like the Zelda Fitzgerald thing, but please, can we have a villain that has no magic??? I am so tired of people just waving their hands and stopping someone but then the heros at the end find a ridiculous way to stop an all powerful being...(SNORE)

Again, this is why I love Pan. He had magic and COULD have done those things, but he usually didn't, because he actually understood how boring and not fun that is. Actual evil planning and psychological warfare >>> magic.

Edited by Mathius

The Ursula costume looks super nice and I usually don't comment on women's looks, but the actress playing Cruella is really, really skinny.  I find it just too jarring and I hope it's just the pictures. 

It's just an optical illusion by the red lining in that photo. Her left sleeve/side of the coat is hiding the rest of her. Then again, Cruella IS really, really skinny.

Sneak peek. Looks like Hook and Rumple.

Why are they having a villainous plan conversation in front of a sleeping Belle?? Rumple had better put her under a crazy strong sleeping spell for that scene. Otherwise, if Belle conveniently hears all of that conversation, that'll just make Rumple look so incredibly stupid. If they need Belle to overhear them, hopefully they'd be smart of enough to have her at least in a separate room.

I thought she was in the back of the store, the room is separated by a curtain, granted, but she's not right there.  That being said, she could find the cell phone, the dagger, the hat or the heart but she probably won't.

How to make characters useless 101.

Why are they having a villainous plan conversation in front of a sleeping Belle?? Rumple had better put her under a crazy strong sleeping spell for that scene. Otherwise, if Belle conveniently hears all of that conversation, that'll just make Rumple look so incredibly stupid.

Rumple isn't stupid...he's just achieved a high-level of hubris. He's spent the entire season controlling Belle. He has no plans to stop.

Belle remembers the conversation? No problem. He can simply freeze her like he did in the first episode (while changing daggers) and remove the memories (as he told Hook last episode he is planning on doing). He can freeze her, de-memory her, poof her, lie to her, put her to sleep, whatever whenever he wants.  He could have had that conversation to her face and he wouldn't care at this point.

Of course, Belle may prove to be more clever than he thinks and that is why Evil Overlords always lose. He shouldn't be telling Hook his plans either. He should tell Hook that if he is a good boy, he will get his heart back (not telling him that he has to die so Rumple can achieve his goals)  and some nonsense about how he is really working to save the town. He should remove Hook's memories about the dagger and whatever. Hook doesn't need to know the plan, but Rumple is  telling him the plan to torture him. He's putting his own plan at risk (even if Hook and Bellle can't do anything, every conversation could be overheard by somebody else) just to get his jollies torturing Hook.

And he's supposedly not a cruel man.

• Love 2

It kind of makes me nervous that this finale isn't going to be super epic and will probably just be a set up for the villainous Mean Girls arc for 4B. Sigh.

I guess it wouldn't surprise me at all if a good chunk of the episode is devoted to setting up 4B, simply because when they were planning it, they were hoping to keep the Frozen people hooked.  Introducing 4B would be one way to do that--they'll want to find out how it ends.  (Except a lot of Frozen people have bailed already, and some of the things that A&E think are riveting--Regina's relationship and hissy fits--aren't, really.