Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Colin, Robert and Emilie filmed a scene, then Colin and Robert. Source.

I find myself wondering if Hook tells Belle about the dagger in the one scene. Hard to see why else that trio would film a scene together. Though, of course, Hook would be risking insta-death!

I doubt that Belle will find out about the dagger from anyone but Rumple and even then only under duress.  What I can't figure out, is that we were told that Rumple and Hook would again be at odds, but it sure looks like they are spending a lot of time together for two people at odds.  Hook supposedly finds out about the dagger and blackmails Rumple.  I've thought that Hook getting his hand back was a bribe from Rumple to keep quiet.  We know that Hook's hand goes away again after a talk with Rumple, so who knows what they are up to.  I'm sure it's just a ploy to let Emma play BFF's with Elsa for a while without the audience having to worry about what Hook's up to.  Will Emma be so clueless to what's going on with Hook though?

We don't know whether Anna and Kristoff have been cursed yet. 

No but they haven't aged so that trunk is like a mini Cora Dome. Or they were hanging out with Rumple's dad in Neverland. I wished they had just made Arendelle a new realm where time doesn't run parallel to the forest. That way 30 years in the EF would be a week Arendelle time.

Maybe Hook really is going to be Rumple's apprentice for whatever reason. At least he still gets a story when he's not hanging out with Emma. They could've just stuck him in a closet somewhere like they usually do with Belle. I don't know, I like it. It shows that they can have separate stories and still be a couple which means their story isn't about coupledom alone. That's not something this show does with the others.

So ABC

that deleted scene with Henry and Rumple.

I'm glad to hear that both Hook and Rumple are getting storylines separate from their relationships, regardless of what they are.

Me too! I am very intrigued by this storyline. I want to know more. I like that thee two aren't friends and never will be. It's not like Snow and Regina. I still think Carlyle plays best against Lana, but he is definitely better as a wily manipulative dark character. Being relegated to Belle's boyfriend is waste of a great character and actor. Edited by kitticup
  • Love 4

Maybe Hook really is going to be Rumple's apprentice for whatever reason. At least he still gets a story when he's not hanging out with Emma. They could've just stuck him in a closet somewhere like they usually do with Belle. I don't know, I like it. It shows that they can have separate stories and still be a couple which means their story isn't about coupledom alone. That's not something this show does with the others.

I have this crazy theory that Rumple is going to make Hook somehow magical to trap him in the hat.

Ah, you might be right. I just remember where his left hand should have been, there were a bunch of bandages instead. I assumed his hand was gone, but maybe it was just wrapped up so he couldn't use it.

I have this crazy theory that Rumple is going to make Hook somehow magical to trap him in the hat.

I thought about it too, but I guess too crazy even for Adam and Eddy. But there is definititely something with Rumple and Hook maybe next week will help us to understand.

It seems the angs between CS is already happening Colin and Jen are not often together and Hook is more with Rumple than her for now.

Since it's still early (8) in the arc 4a .

I guess everything will be all right by episode 11.

At least it gave Hook an another Sl beside CS and more backstory to come in 4b.

But my guilty pleasure is CS so still a little sad about it.

• Love 1

Is anyone else kind of disappointed in that sorcerer's hat? I'm hoping they're going to add something to it in post production like they do with the hearts to make it look more magical or something. Right now, it just looks like some cheap souvenir you can buy at Disneyland.

I learned to sort of not knock their props too much because they end up looking better on TV than on picture.

Michael Socha has a really, really thick accent.  I watched Wonderland once, so I didn't remember that.  I like how his character is basically keeping Emma employed and I think I get Hook punching him a lot better.  Hook really looks like he'll be "getting" it from every side.

Is anyone else kind of disappointed in that sorcerer's hat? I'm hoping they're going to add something to it in post production like they do with the hearts to make it look more magical or something.

They add in the moving galaxy stars in post.

Michael Socha has a really, really thick accent. I watched Wonderland once, so I didn't remember that.

You get used to it. It's marginally softer when he's in character, but that's just kind of the way he talks.

Edited by Curio

I'm starting to really wonder if this whole hat business with Hook isn't either about his origins or whomever he sold the Jolly Roger to.  There has to be a greater reason why he's involved in this.  Not only does Hook despise Rumple, but he also has a certain wariness when it comes to magic (the dark kind).

Socha seems to think that Will's explanation for being out of Wonderland should be taken with a grain of salt. I too believe it's likely going to be a lie and that the truth will come out in 4B.

Well crap.  Why would Hook be doing anything with Rumple by choice?  They hate each other the most and I can't believe that Emma would ask Hook to work with Rumple.  We saw the disdain that Belle and Hook had for each other in 3b when he was told to protect her.  So whatever they are up to can't be good.  Even with the possibility of Hook controlling Rumple he has to know this can't turn out well.

My guess is that Hook doesn't know what the hat does or Rumple's convinced him that this is the way to eliminate the Snow Queen.  Instead of the Snow Queen ending up in the hat, Emma does.  Unfortunately, Hook won't be able to go after her this time.  Perhaps Rumple even intends to put Emma in the hat, he didn't seem to want to help her in the ice cave.  Perhaps he needs the "Savior" out of the way in his quest for magical domination.  I really hope we don't go into 4b with Emma stuck in the hat and Hook on a quest to find her. Ugh.

I'm so not excited about the Knave's role.  It seems he is just there to interrupt Hook and Emma's alone time by having her arrest him all the time?  What fun. Not.

• Love 2

Well crap.  Why would Hook be doing anything with Rumple by choice?  They hate each other the most and I can't believe that Emma would ask Hook to work with Rumple.  We saw the disdain that Belle and Hook had for each other in 3b when he was told to protect her.  So whatever they are up to can't be good.  Even with the possibility of Hook controlling Rumple he has to know this can't turn out well.

My guess is that Hook doesn't know what the hat does or Rumple's convinced him that this is the way to eliminate the Snow Queen.  Instead of the Snow Queen ending up in the hat, Emma does.  Unfortunately, Hook won't be able to go after her this time.  Perhaps Rumple even intends to put Emma in the hat, he didn't seem to want to help her in the ice cave.  Perhaps he needs the "Savior" out of the way in his quest for magical domination.  I really hope we don't go into 4b with Emma stuck in the hat and Hook on a quest to find her. Ugh.

Yeah. Obviously nothing good will come of this for Hook. I just can't conceive of him being in-character and yet working with Rumple without coercion. I'm worried Emma will end up in the hat, too. If they're doing something like that, I think that may take the Kai/Gerda storyline off the table for Hook/Emma.

There was that random aside in one article where A/E said that we'd learn more about Hook's father this season. I suppose it's possible that they could say that Hook has some innate, latent, untapped magicality if they make his father some sort of magical being. Rumple might try to trap Emma in the hat, but Hook could jump in front of her and get sucked in instead. Then, Emma would be on the quest to save him.

Just please no Henry getting trapped in the hat and #SaveHenryPart127.

Detailed spoilers of scenes filmed yesterday. (It's a translation. Original is in French.) It makes it look even more like Hook, Rumple and Belle are working together. So odd.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Yeah. Obviously nothing good will come of this for Hook. I just can't conceive of him being in-character and yet working with Rumple without coercion. I'm worried Emma will end up in the hat, too. If they're doing something like that, I think that may take the Kai/Gerda storyline off the table for Hook/Emma.

There was that random aside in one article where A/E said that we'd learn more about Hook's father this season. I suppose it's possible that they could say that Hook has some innate, latent, untapped magicality if they make his father some sort of magical being. Rumple might try to trap Emma in the hat, but Hook could jump in front of her and get sucked in instead. Then, Emma would be on the quest to save him.

Just please no Henry getting trapped in the hat and #SaveHenryPart127.

I can't imagine there would be many volunteers for #savehenrypart127 except for maybe the dwarves.  I would totally watch them trying to navigate the hat and secretly rescue Henry. 

Grumpy:  "Hey Everybody, I see him, Henry's hiding right over here!"

Henry:  **rolls eyes**......

I don't know that Hook is magical, but I think there's more to him than we know.  He lived for years in Neverland not aging and then again in the 28 year curse.  If he's a similar age to Rumple you think his body would have some kind of magic (not that kind) to be able to withstand not aging all those years.  Henry seems to be the only one aging anyway.

Perhaps Emma knows all about what is going on between Hook and Rumple. When he shows up with his hand, I'm sure she's going to ask some questions. Emma's feelings about it will probably depend on the extent of Hook's coercion.

It seems more like Emma is separately dealing with her fears of hurting someone with her magic. It seems odd that her story would be leading towards trusting her loved ones and embracing her magic if Hook is actually doing something untrustworthy and magically dangerous. Maybe Emma is worried she's going to implode the town with her uncontrolled magic and asks to be put in the hat.

While I like that Hook seems to have a storyline that doesn't involve Emma, to have him working with Rumple makes no sense at all, unless he is doing so to protect Henry (we know he is going to spend some time working with Rumple) or Emma.

Another option is that he is under some kind of curse or spell and Rumple is using him for his own interest without Hook realising it.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Considering Belle also seems involved in this storyline, it can't be that they're plotting something nefarious. Maybe they're doing something together that will help defeat the SQ? How weird is it that this half season's plot is "defeat SQ"? I almost believe they did it on purpose.

• Love 2

I'm so not excited about the Knave's role.  It seems he is just there to interrupt Hook and Emma's alone time by having her arrest him all the time?  What fun. Not.

I don't know . . . that might be what he's doing the first few episodes, but I'm not convinced that's all there is to his being in Storybrooke.  That might be all that Socha feels safe saying.

OUATiW might not've gotten great ratings, but the Will leaving Ana (official true love) and her castle and kingdom for the sole purpose of getting drunk and occasionally mayheming in Storybrooke makes no narrative sense whatsoever*.  I know they brought him over because they like the actor and the character, but surely they figured out an actual story that if you tilt your head and wear dark glasses will sort of make sense.

*Yes, I realize that A&E pretty regularly have a completely different idea of what makes narrative sense than I do.  I still live in hope.

• Love 1

I love the repeated typo in the spoilers that talks about the characters running in and entering Granny's dinner...I'm picturing Granny about to chow down on a big plate of spaghetti when Elsa jumps up and stands in the middle of her plate. 

• Love 3

I love the repeated typo in the spoilers that talks about the characters running in and entering Granny's dinner...I'm picturing Granny about to chow down on a big plate of spaghetti when Elsa jumps up and stands in the middle of her plate. 

Elsa: "Attention everyone! This lasagna has been frozen and it was not by my powers."

• Love 4

Considering Belle also seems involved in this storyline, it can't be that they're plotting something nefarious. Maybe they're doing something together that will help defeat the SQ? How weird is it that this half season's plot is "defeat SQ"? I almost believe they did it on purpose.

I can't see Hook working with Rumple for anything unless it's a dire situation involving Emma or Henry's life. I'd imagine that whatever is going on, Rumple is probably playing both Hook and Belle in some fashion. This is about the time shit is supposed to hit the fan for Rumbelle. The thing is, Hook KNOWS better than anyone not to trust Rumple, so it does a disservice to his character to have him do so. Which isn't remotely unusual on this show, alas, but it's frustrating.

I do think somebody from the regular cast is going to end up in the hat. The only magical ones we know of are Rumple, Regina and Emma. Then there's a quest to retrieve that person. Honestly, I don't think anybody magical would go after Rumple. Belle would, but she's not magical. I don't want to spend an entire half-season in the Hat World, but an ep or two could be very cool.

It's also possible that something goes awry with the hat in the half-season finale and Maleficent is released from it. Perhaps as our regular is being put into the hat, perhaps not. Maybe the Snow Queen goes in and Maleficent pops out?

• Love 2

Strangely I am beginning to like the addition of the Knave maybe because I only saw the problems of having one regular  more.

Sure his biggest story will be in 4b but I'm afraid he will mostly be for comic relief.

All the lead role and romantic interest are already there.

People already complaining that they cut regular character scene when adding another who will take screen time.

Personaly I will enjoy him more than some of the regular cast at this stade.

• Love 1

What if Belle gets pregnant and the baby is magical? Could an unborn Dumbellina get pulled into the hat, thus pulling Belle in as well?

Wouldn't that be a lightening fast pregnancy?

Maybe the Frozen storyline wraps up in episode 9 and we have 2 transitional episodes before the hiatus?  The hat could fill those 2 episodes, but since it's such an iconic thing, would they really limit it's feature time to just 2?

Sure his biggest story will be in 4b but I'm afraid he will mostly be for comic relief.

All the lead role and romantic interest are already there.

Even if he's just comic relief, I'd still appreciate that. This show desperately needs a new character like that.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

but since it's such an iconic thing, would they really limit it's feature time to just 2?

There's also 4x4 Apprentice. I don't think it's a whole season arc cause I think A&E said something about Rumple has a hat mystery in the first 11 episode arc. Is Hook the broom? In Fantasia, Mickey gave the broom "arms" so that it could do the dirty work for him right? And then it got out of control and he took a hatchet to it. The filming report said Hook had a big knife of some sort right?

Are they giving Hook magic abilities? Or maybe some of Emma's wacky magic transferred to him?

• Love 1

...I don't want to spend an entire half-season in the Hat World, but an ep or two could be very cool.

It's also possible that something goes awry with the hat in the half-season finale and Maleficent is released from it. Perhaps as our regular is being put into the hat, perhaps not. Maybe the Snow Queen goes in and Maleficent pops out?

It would be a little too much like the season 3 finale but I would totally still be on board with it. And it sounds like we only have the Frozen characters for nine episodes so perhaps 10 and 11 are another tv movie type thing with the hat and then Maleficent being released at the end -- kind of like the time portal with Elsa being released at the end.

But how is Maleficent not in Storybrooke already?  Regina brought her there, she just kept her in different forms or whatever it is she did to her.  Both Emma and Hook fought her on separate occasions in the bowls of the library.  If anything, she should be released from there.  Maybe the hat gets destroyed and releases magic that regenerates her or something?

I am so very confused.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

But how is Maleficent not in Storybrooke already?  Regina brought her there, she just kept her in different forms or whatever it is she did to her. 

I don't have any theories yet about the hat, or where they're going with it, but if A&E want to, they can handwave pretty much any change by saying  things like  "Time travel.  In the altered timeline, that was Brunhilda the Dragon, not Maleficent.  Maleficent was hatted while in the PickaDome."

It's one of the reasons I sort of hate the time travel thing.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3

Maybe the hat gets destroyed and releases magic that regenerates her or something?

I thought maybe ripping Curse 1 brought her back to the Enchanted Forest in her human form, since it returned Jiminy, etc. to their normal forms. Then when Curse 2 happened, maybe she was returned to dragon form in the basement, since no one's check there. I don't know, ghost form probably has its own rules. It'll only fit together from a contrivance.

Now my head is coming up with plot holes as to why villains on the show didn't act sooner...

Edited by KingOfHearts

Well, we have seen BTS shots with the Knave and then Emma and Elsa using the library apparently so perhaps there's something else there that we don't know about which could awaken Maleficent at some point.

Well, we have seen BTS shots with the Knave and then Emma and Elsa using the library apparently so perhaps there's something else there that we don't know about which could awaken Maleficent at some point.

Emma will do it, knowing this show.

Regina (to Robin): "I'm so sorry about that um, accident with Marian."

Emma: "Regina, I accidentally brought back your old friend... Maleficent."

Regina: "You better hope to hell you didn't resurrect anything else down there!"

*ending shot of Cora awakening*

Say goodbye to Robin.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Right, I totally forgot about that ridiculous Pan curse.  I can see Maleficent in her castle during the missing year plotting her revenge (probably on Regina) but being beaten to the punch by Zelena.  Would she go back to being a dragon again and under the library? 

This is my guess. The show just separated Rumpel from the entire main cast for basically all of S3--they're not going to do that to him a second time. We know 4B is supposed to be Robin-heavy (gag), so that leaves Regina out. And they won't put Emma in the hat mostly because neither Regina nor Rumpel would lift a finger to help her. So if someone going into the hat lets out Maleficent, it's gotta be the Snow Queen.

• Love 1

They were live blogging, so it's been updated and there's stuff about Emma now, but it's clearly an incomplete/vague recap not meant to reveal every single thing.  I'm sure tumblr will give all the details soon enough.

How the heck did Hans form an army, especially one that could take down Arendelle? His problems were supposedly his own in the movie. He was a disgruntled heir behind twelve other brothers, you wouldn't think his kingdom would care about him enough to help him fight against the woman he tried to kill and take a throne from.

Maybe it's just his own private troop of thugs?

Edited by KingOfHearts