Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I only just saw EM'a new costume on my laptop. It's hard to see the details on mobile, as I could not enlarge it. It's gorgeous! EM looks like she had some work done on her face, though. Doesn't she have a look of J.K. Rowling from some angles?

Considering the way magic apparently works on this show, I'd have to say that based on that costume, the Snow Queen has very, very powerful magic.

She also looks like Abigail/Kathryn's long-lost sister. In fact, if I'd looked at those photos without any context, my first assumption would have been that it was a picture of Abigail. It would have taken further study to realize it was actually someone else.

I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the writers about that "it's your fault, not Regina's" scene. Snow is clearly supposed to sound like a crazy person when she says that. 

New Josh interview. Apparently, Charming has a connection with someone else other than Anna. Hans, I guess?

I was about to gripe that someone with a frozen heart could have administered true loves kiss...but Anna healed her own frozen heart by sacrificing herself for her sister (essentially...I think?).  So I guess we can't discount Emma's having a perma-frozen heart out of hand.

Are we assuming that's a curse scroll she's holding?

• Love 1

A frozen heart, in the movie, didn't really change your ability to love. It just killed you. So if Emma somehow has had a "frozen heart" all along, they would have to explain why it works differently than in the movie.

A frozen heart, in the movie, didn't really change your ability to love. It just killed you. So if Emma somehow has had a "frozen heart" all along, they would have to explain why it works differently than in the movie.

If she had a frozen heart like the movie, she'd be dead. I guess I was linking it with her hesitation toward Hook. I'm not sure how a frozen heart would work, nor how it affects Emma's arc.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I was about to gripe that someone with a frozen heart could have administered true loves kiss...

If you can give a true love kiss without a heart, I don't see why you can't give one with a frozen one. At least it's still in you.

Are we assuming that's a curse scroll she's holding?

The curse scroll was kind of black and purply wasn't it? This one is an ivory white. It may be for a counter-curse or for some other new curse.

• Love 2

If Emma has a frozen heart thanks to Snow Queen, what would she be like when it's melted?

A hot mess?

So Charming is the one that has the full Arendelle knowledge. Hans or Snow Queen? I'm glad he gets something to do finally.

TVLine interview with Jennifer Morrison. There are some spoilers, but not a lot that are new to us.

This answers one of the questions, we've asked:

As far as I understand it from what I’ve seen so far — and obviously [series creators] Eddy [Kitsis] and Adam [Horowitz] could answer in more detail — anything that was established in the film will be as close as possible to what it was in the film. And everything beyond that in terms of filling in the blanks of story that wasn’t there, will be our version of it.

Another interesting bit:

TVLINE | Adam and Eddy said there will be an Emma/Regina-centric episode, kind of a deep dive into the status of their dynamic.
Yeah, yeah…. There’s an episode where they definitely start to talk about it. I don’t know if “talking” is really what’s happening, but they start dealing with how complicated the situation is, basically. They definitely start addressing the fact that Regina’s frustrated and feels betrayed, and Emma’s continuing to hold her stance that she’s not going to apologize for saving a life but she’s also trying to figure out how she could help in the situation. So there is a whole episode where they really start to… I don’t know quite how to articulate it. Because it’s not like they “duke it out,” and it’s not like they talk it out, but they start dealing with it.

How about we get a centric where Emma feels frustrated and abused because Regina is responsible for her being an orphan for 28 years and repeatedly trying to kill her? Or about having to watch her mother burned at the stake? I cannot believe that Regina has caused so much harm to Emma, but Regina gets to be the one that's the victim because Emma saved a woman from being murdered by Regina and that puts a crimp in a two day old relationship.  Unless this episode involves Regina being hit upside the head by a clue-by-four so that she finally gets that she is responsible for most of her own unhappiness and that others make the happiness they have, somebody's going to have to freeze my liver because I'm going to be doing some serious alcohol consumption. I cannot possibly see how Emma should compromise her current position on the subject on anyway.

Edited by kili
  • Love 9

Maybe things work differently in the Land without Magic?  She spent all her life outside of magic and a whole year in New York.

But she's also been in the Enchanted Forest so wouldn't being back in a place with magic cause her heart to react to that in some way then? There are too many issues involved so I don't think a frozen heart is her problem. Plus, that was the whole crux of the Frozen movie so I doubt Disney would let them alter the rules of a frozen heart. This isn't like a light/dark magic thing.

And put me down as another one giving Snow lots of slack in that clip. Holy crap. When you have a newborn, you quickly realize that "sleep like a baby" totally doesn't figuratively mean what it literally means. It was definitely a flippant remark from a very sleep deprived new mommy.

But she's also been in the Enchanted Forest so wouldn't being back in a place with magic cause her heart to react to that in some way then? There are too many issues involved so I don't think a frozen heart is her problem. Plus, that was the whole crux of the Frozen movie so I doubt Disney would let them alter the rules of a frozen heart. This isn't like a light/dark magic thing.

I find it difficult to speculate anything because A&E's world building sucks since they enjoy cutting corners.  I don't know if Emma's heart will be frozen or whatever.  I actually rather she didn't because I wouldn't want whatever issues she's had her whole life to stem from something that was magically done to her.  I think magic generally speaking messed with her life enough.

Also, Disney needs to calm the eff down with Frozen since it's not exactly an original idea they had (I sort of hate Disney).

• Love 1

The Snow Queen is not part of Frozen, though. Her freezing powers may work differeny than Elsa's. She could have meddled with baby Emma and caused her latent magic to flare-out at inopportune times.

ETA: Maybe the Snow Queen did foster Emma briefly, but had to send her back when Emma's magic started going haywire. She might have removed Emma's memories of her, so she wouldn't recognize her again. I know this seems really convoluted, but not for this show. haha

Edited by Rumsy4

And put me down as another one giving Snow lots of slack in that clip. Holy crap. When you have a newborn, you quickly realize that "sleep like a baby" totally doesn't figuratively mean what it literally means. It was definitely a flippant remark from a very sleep deprived new mommy.

I don't really blame Snow - I blame the writers. Even when its not about Regina, they always find a way to include her. They've got her and her victimization on the brain. If it weren't for their ongoing agenda I wouldn't think much of it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

According to Josh's TV Guide interview it looks like it will be Charming talking to Elsa on the walkie-talkies as she and Emma trapped in the Ice Cave.  Oh, well.  Hopefully Hook and Emma will get a chance to chat somewhere in the episode.

• Love 2

Hook is the one holding the walkie in the promo, so I don't doubt that Hook will talk to Emma too. Also, can they really miss the opportunity to have Hook come into contact with a strange piece of technology? Oh, what am I saying, "missed opportunity" is their middle name.

• Love 3

And there was a black spot we saw on Mary Margaret's heart earlier. Will that also be addressed?

Dallas: Yeah, who has that bit, who has that half? Hopefully these are all things that will be answered and looked at later in the season.

Wasn't that arc taken care of already? How else was Snow able to go through Glinda's door?

• Love 1

I don't really blame Snow - I blame the writers. Even when its not about Regina, they always find a way to include her. They've got her and her victimization on the brain. If it weren't for their ongoing agenda I wouldn't think much of it.

To be fair, the reason it's logical in this case is because she's abandoned the town for her broken heart, forcing Mary Margaret to take charge. So it's not out of the blue, but yes, she is being totally pouty about the whole thing, requiring the sleepy mom to get the job done.

• Love 1
Wasn't that arc taken care of already? How else was Snow able to go through Glinda's door?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Josh Dallas' answer was polite interview-speak for "Come now, you know as well as I do that the writers have totally forgotten that that was ever a storyline. There is a less than 0% chance it will ever be revisited!"

I know if it ever happens it will be 30 seconds (and has a good chance of winding up on the cutting room floor), but I really, really, really want Emma, Snow, and Charming to get a meaty scene where Snowflake makes them realize all they've missed and start really figuring out their relationships.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

So, does Storybrooke have no electrician? It's bizarre that Snow White, the dwarfs and Granny are trying to restore power. Someone must have done that job for the 28 years they were cursed.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

So, does Storybrooke have no electrician? It's bizarre that Snow White, the dwarfs and Granny are trying to restore power. Someone must have done that job for the 28 years they were cursed.

There's got to be an electrician somewhere. They were able to restore power some time after Dreamy. Even Leroy is supposed to know a thing or two in that episode.

• Love 1

According to the ONCE podcast spoiler section, Rose McIver is in talks with abc to return for 4B. As she is most associated with Regina and OQ angst, I feel like this is more proof that 4B will be OQ-heavy. 

It hasn't even aired yet. Actually, it may even be midseason, I'm not sure.

It's a midseason show. According to Creative BC Filmlist production is scheduled between August 25th 2014 and January 27th 2015  - Once production is scheduled for July 9th 2014 - April 2nd 2015 by the way. For cable shows it's no uncommon to do most of production before it aires.

Edited by katusch

4B is sounding more and more like something I'd rather not see.  What would make me happy though is if Maleficent puts Regina under the sleeping curse and sends Robin somewhere.  It would still about Regina and finding Robin but they wouldn't be on screen all that much.

Maybe Snow can give Regina a TLK.  I can't believe they might do with 4B what they did with 3B.

• Love 2

Trying to be possitive, Tink is also related to Hook's past, and A&E said that we were going to learn more about Hook's past in 4B. Maybe that way we can discover how he left Neverland (not that it matters anymore, but al least it's not about Regina).

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

I love Rose McIver as Tink, and I think she's connected to both Hook and Maleficent (the Black Fairy) so I am excited to see her!  Plus I don't even mind her connection to Regina.  

As an aside, I've always thought Maleficent is the absolute best name for a villain ever.  So on the nose, so campy, yet so drag-queenishly fabulous!

• Love 6

I agree with the assumption 4B will be more Regina-focused (it's always been that way every season), but she's not the only one Maleficent has a beef with. You've also got Emma, Charming, Aurora, Philip, Hook, and possibly Blue and Tink. I like the idea of Maleficent being a disgraced fairy who was shunned by the others, and that's the drift got from watching Sleeping Beauty. It was never really about Aurora, but more about taking a jab at the fairies.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I agree with the assumption 4B will be more Regina-focused (it's always been that way every season), but she's not the only one Maleficent has a beef with. You've also got Emma, Charming, Aurora, Philip, Hook, and possibly Blue and Tink.

Great point! That's why I'm hoping she will break the show out of this trend of having a new villain every half season. It gets pretty bland when you know that after 11 episodes, the villain is going to be defeated by our heroes and there's going to be another crisis. But with Maleficent, you can have her deal with all kinds of open storylines with all kinds of characters. For now, she's dealing with Regina in 4B, but I would love to see her stick around to season 5 -- and it would be easy if you make 5A an Emma-centric season or something. Plus, Kristin Bauer Van Stratan is done with True Blood now anyways so she would totally be available to stay after 4B, which I don't think was necessarily possible when they first brought her on as a guest.

New JMo interview.

Gem of the day: "[The Charmings] all had to miss out on things because of fate."

I see she's gotten the A&E memo that we must NEVER bring up the fact that it was actually Regina (and Rumple, if you want) that caused them to miss out things, not FATE. But MUST NOT FORGET to bring up every chance we get that Emma broke up Regina's week-old relationship!!

• Love 10

This is the only interesting part from that interview

Can you talk about the flashbacks we’re going to see to Emma’s childhood this season?

It’s not going to change who Emma is now. A lot of it is what’s already been built into her character in terms of her being shuffled between foster homes and things like that. There is some stuff that’s going to be revealed that actually impacts everyone in the sense that there’s just some information that comes out about her past that changes the overall puzzle that we’re all considering in this story. I know that’s incredibly vague. [Laughs]

I think she definitely knew the Snow Queen as a child, and she is now in Storybrooke after her.

Gem of the day: "[The Charmings] all had to miss out on things because of fate."

This show is beginning to confuse me. What exactly are actions responsible for, and what exactly is "fate" responsible for? Do they just pull the fate card whenever something doesn't make sense or benefit Regina? 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I bet Evil Toddler Emma spilled apple juice on the Snow Queen's white dress and thus ruined her life.

I fear it may even be worse than that. I suspect it was grape juice. We can't expect the Snow Queen to be able to come back from that.

Sure the Snow Queen was Vadar strangling toddler Emma when she spasmodically squeezed her juice box causing the juice to spray everything in the room, but that strangulation was just fate in action. It is Emma who DESTROYED the Snow Queen's dress and she should forevermore be guilty about that.

Edited by kili
  • Love 6

The discussion in another thread got me thinking about the Snow Queen. We can assume that only the Frozen characters who happened to be in the EF and not Arendelle at the time of the first curse were brought over, right? But what about characters in Our World when the first curse was broken? Hook, Neal, and Tink, who were never victims of the first curse, would have still been transported back to the Enchanted Forest with the others even if they had gone outside the Storybrooke border. So if Snow Queen was in Boston or another city during the events of Going Home, would she have been sent back? Or does that only work for characters from the EF and not other lands in the same realm like Arendelle?

• Love 1

I don't think they've thought about their curse/transport rules, just like they don't think about a lot of things on this show. It's make it up as you go along.

And since the Snow Queen got here on her own, independent of the curse then I'm going to say she can travel between realms using that Arendelle looking doorway and is unaffected by any curse.

Edited by Jean
  • Love 1

And since the Snow Queen got here on her own, independent of the curse then I'm going to say she can travel between realms using that Arendelle looking doorway and is unaffected by any curse.

That could be interesting if we're focusing on Hook in 4B perhaps. I wonder if this door could potentially take them back to the Enchanted Forest so he can get the Jolly Roger back. Or maybe Emma can get it for him? It would be a nice gesture to prove that she did appreciate what he did for her and does care about him. And perhaps the door could be an easy portal between worlds. I've always wondered what would happen if they had a door in the Storybrooke forest that you could walk in and out of to get to the Enchanted Forest so you could decide which realm you wanted to live in.

• Love 1

Great point! That's why I'm hoping she will break the show out of this trend of having a new villain every half season. It gets pretty bland when you know that after 11 episodes, the villain is going to be defeated by our heroes and there's going to be another crisis.

Many shows have different Big Bads per season; their defeat being inevitable doesn't make things boring (take Buffy, for example.)

This is not a show that can carry itself as one long story, so individual self-contained stories with individual Big Bads, one after the other, is really the best course for it to take.

Though I do agree that at least ONE Big Bad should survive their arc and play a part in another one. I had hoped that with Zelena, but alas...

Edited by Mathius

So when did the Snow Queen start jumping realms then?  I mean she should be some 60 year old now.  Elsa and Emma are of age, I'm thinking, both 32-33 years old.  The timeline they gave in 4x01 was that the ship going down with Elsa's parents happened a long time ago and then Anna and Elsa at their parents grave is set 5 years later (right?).  Anna travels to the Enchanted Forest and meets David of the long hair which is something like let's 3-5 years before he maybe meets Snow or a bit sooner than that.  Then the curse is something like 2 years after he meets Snow.  That's like 12 years.

I know there's a whole bunch of questions that's are supposed to be answered when we get the SQ backstory, and I know logic has to be checked at the door when we watch this show, but sheesh!

Also, regarding Maleficent.  My excitement regarding has dwindled with the Regina specter looming.  I really wish they'd do a whole cast thing where Maleficent tries to pick off everyone she feels has wronged her starting with Blue, Regina and Rumple and going down the list.  And it's not like she doesn't have tons of ammo either and people she can't use against everyone basically. 

So when did the Snow Queen start jumping realms then?  I mean she should be some 60 year old now.

My guess is she jumped realms right before the curse to escape it. I'm not sure if she's ageless or even human for that matter. We know she's in 1980s earth at one point with no age difference to now. Maybe her snowflake necklace stops her from aging?

• Love 1

Maybe her snowflake necklace stops her from aging?

I hope they don't go with another trinket and the whole magic thing.  Been there, done that with Zelena.  I'm looking forward to some of these episodes actually (with verrrry lowered expectations that is).

I hope they don't go with another trinket and the whole magic thing.  Been there, done that with Zelena.  I'm looking forward to some of these episodes actually (with verrrry lowered expectations that is).

They might do another trinket since Anna has one that looks so much like it, but I agree. I'm looking forward to the latter part of the 4A when we dive into Snow Queen stuff and possibly the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Does anyone know which episode the Knave is supposed to start appearing in?