Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I think it's a really nice promo for new/lapsed viewers. If I didn't watch the show, it would probably get me to tune in. The batshit crazy concept of throwing all these characters together in the modern world is what appealed to me in the first place.

• Love 2

I think we can assume that 4X06 is pretty Emma-light given how long JMo has been in NY for Fashion Week.

Yeah, she's missed at least two days of filming (yesterday and today). 406 is surely Belle-centric, but they're probably starting with flashbacks anyway so Jen wouldn't be needed.

That's a decent promo for the new half-season, though I agree that Belle and Rumpel's ballroom dance attire isn't the greatest. The first golden Belle dress, from Skin Deep and (briefly) 3x12, was much better.

Edited by stealinghome

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm quite uninterested in the new season but I don't like the promo. I think it's the voiceover, I find it irritating.

Belle and Rumpel's ballroom dance attire isn't the greatest.

God, it's awful, Rumple's even more than Belle's. For me, this show is very hit or miss with the wardrobe design and this is a big miss.

I have to say that as a rabid fan of the animated Beauty and the Beast movie and subsequent stage musical, I'm rather irked by them corrupting that iconic ballroom scene with this couple when he's a wife murderer, she's not really bothered by his evil deeds because he has a good heart, and he's lying to her about the dagger. I don't know if this scene is supposed to be present or flashback (he's not Sparkle Dark in that clip, is he?), but still, I know the real Belle and Beast, and this is all wrong. That scene was about them coming together when they were starting to feel a genuine connection and he was making an honest effort to please her. This couple is so warped that they don't deserve the iconic dance. So I'm a little glad the costumes are all wrong.

Maybe it's a dream sequence? I might be able to stomach that. Otherwise, that may have to be snacktime as I go whip up a batch of brownies or something (or refill my wine glass) at Chez Shanna.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure it's the honeymoon because it looks like Mr. Gold's house. It's definitely not the Enchanted Forest - just look at that gramophone!

I have to say that as a rabid fan of the animated Beauty and the Beast movie and subsequent stage musical, I'm rather irked by them corrupting that iconic ballroom scene with this couple when he's a wife murderer, she's not really bothered by his evil deeds because he has a good heart, and he's lying to her about the dagger.

Can't exactly imagine Angela Lansbury singing about this "epic" love in the form of a teapot.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Can't exactly imagine Angela Lansbury singing about this "epic" love in the form of a teapot.

I don't know, it would be pretty awesome if they could Angela Lansbury to sing in the background, but change up the lyrics to fit the Rumbelle relationship key points -- like murdering Milah, Belle becoming Rumple's prisoner, and lying about the dagger.

• Love 2

Yeah, she's missed at least two days of filming (yesterday and today). 406 is surely Belle-centric, but they're probably starting with flashbacks anyway so Jen wouldn't be needed.

She missed Friday as well.

She missed Friday as well.

Yeah, looks like there won't be much Emma story in this one. What episode number are they filming? Is it titled "Family Business"?

Guess I won't have any reason to watch this episode then (anything of interest I'm sure I can get off youtube clips or tumblr gifs). I have negative interest in Belle/Rumbelle (exponentially negative interest if Henry is involved) and very little interest in the Frozen characters (despite liking the movie).

ETA:

The promo is decent. They are definitely going  after newer viewers that are Frozen fans as you would expect them to do (that's just marketing dept. doing their jobs). What will be interesting to me is not so much how many new viewers they sucker in to watching this cheese fest, but how many they manage to hold on to once the show is 6-7 episodes into s4 and the frayed seams are clearly showing and the Plot!Plot!Plot! (and obligatory plot holes) starts to hit you like 18 wheelers barreling down the highway...as things usually do on this show.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

I'm sure it's not so much Emma light as it is the scheduling of flashback scenes. Emma has rarely been needed on flashback days and with reports that Elizabeth and Emilie were filming, this probably isn't any different than a typical week for JMo. Remember that she also headed back to LA early for the Emmys. I wonder if that's somewhat typical for her considering her character doesn't factor into flashbacks the way other characters do.

Edited by sharky

Well, the show films with multiple units concurrently, is my understanding. So just because some are out filming one thing, it doesn't mean others can't be in studio (or elsewhere) filming other scenes (assuming you don't need the same actors in each scene).

Plus, Emma's story rarely (if ever) crosses over with anything Belle related. The characters very rarely even share scenes. If this is a Belle centric episode, it's not unreasonable to think that there won't be much (if any) of Emma's storyline happening. IIRC, last season's Belle centric was the Storybrooke Belle + Ariel team-up episode. I don't remember there being a lot of anyone else in that ep (especially Emma) so I think I can completely skip whatever ep this is and catch up whatever one minute scene of Emma + whoever via youtube. Also, it's not like I really care about whatever evil villain plot they are "developing". It's gonna be all done by episode 11 so I'm not invested in that at all.

Edited by FabulousTater

Last season Belle's "centric" was the Storybrooke Belle + Ariel team-up episode. I don't remember there being a lot of anyone else in that ep (especially Emma)

Actually, that was 'Dark Hollow,' so there was quite a lot of Emma in it. Plus a fair bit of Snowing, Hook, Rumpel and Regina, Wendy, Pan, Henry, Neal, and most of the townspeople of Storybrooke. Plus the Darling Hipsters.

Edited by Amerilla

Still don't care much about Frozen, but Elsa is very very pretty and rocks the outfit. Just from the stills you can tell Haig has good screen presence.

I can't WAIT for Marian to rip on Robin for jumping all over the "bold and audacious" mass murderer/rapist/destroyer and enslaver of an entire civilization and world with nary a second thought. I'm sure she'll be portrayed as The Meanest Ever for doing so, but I still.cannot.wait. (Poor Emma looks like such an awkward turtle in those shots though!) If you hear cheering from far far away when that happens on 9/28, it's most definitely me.

• Love 9

Actually, that was 'Dark Hollow,' so there was quite a lot of Emma in it. Plus a fair bit of Snowing, Hook, Rumpel and Regina, Wendy, Pan, Henry, Neal, and most of the townspeople of Storybrooke. Plus the Darling Hipsters.

Ya, that's the episode, but actually not as much Emma as you would think. 5 million other characters in that episode that I didn't give two shits about (almost half we never saw again after ep 11) and they took up about 35 minutes of the 43 minute episode. I know because I fast forwarded through any scenes without Emma (and even then I was restraining myself from throwing things at the TV because she was sharing scenes with Douchefire -- you couldn't have stayed dead, could you, asshole). I think I finished watching that episode in 8-10 minutes.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

I'm actually starting to look forward to Frozen, because we know it's a plotline that doesn't really involve Regina. 

Is it me, or does it look like Sidney and Regina (or Lana's double...that really does not look like Lana) are looking at a page of the book with Robin and Marian?

I can't WAIT for Marian to rip on Robin for jumping all over the "bold and audacious" mass murderer/rapist/destroyer and enslaver of an entire civilization and world with nary a second thought. I'm sure she'll be portrayed as The Meanest Ever for doing so, but I still.cannot.wait. (Poor Emma looks like such an awkward turtle in those shots though!) If you hear cheering from far far away when that happens on 9/28, it's most definitely me.

I won't hear it over my own yells.  I'll be cheering like Bama has won another national title.  Well, almost.

• Love 1

Is it me, or does it look like Sidney and Regina (or Lana's double...that really does not look like Lana) are looking at a page of the book with Robin and Marian?

I don't know, but people in tumblr thinks so. But that pic is so weird, because that's not Lana (unless she is wearing a wig for whatever reason).

Anyway, the only thing I can say about those pics is that Georgina is beautiful and the kid playing Roland adorable. But they are not very interesting.

Captain Cronut:

Elizabeth Mitchell, Robert and Emilie were on set today. Robert and Emilie came over to take pics but Elizabeth wasn’t allowed to.

So it seems that both Elizabeth and Emilie were in their Enchanted Forest clothes, but Bobby was wearing his Mr. Gold suit. And The Merry Men were filming in the same place early in the morning.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I'm actually starting to look forward to Frozen, because we know it's a plotline that doesn't really involve Regina. 

I zoomed in on the page in the storybook that Regina and Sidney are looking at. It could be Robin and Marian, or it could not. It’s too blurry to tell for sure. But it looks to me like they’re standing in front of something that’s burning — either a structure or a bonfire. And yeah, it definitely looks like Lana's standin.

Well from these pictures it does appear Marian has some guts. Though I'm also getting some "Poor Regina! Marian doesn't realize she's changed!" vibes. With all the Marian and Frozen photos, I find the one with Sidney looking at the book the most intriguing. 

Edited by KingOfHearts

Well from these pictures it does appear Marian has some guts. Though I'm also getting some "Poor Regina! Marian doesn't realize she's changed!" vibes.

Yeah--it totally looks like Robin is trying to placate Marian saying Regina is changed and now White Magic incarnate. I'm having a laugh imagining him telling her that "Regina is bold and audacious, not evil! Besides, she has a nice ass, and I totally tapped it."

Will Sydney go back into the mirror in Storybrooke? It does not look like a dream sequence. Regina's totally backsliding, and she has even less reason than she did before, which is saying something!

G. Haig looks great, but I am not much enthused otherwise with the Frozen-related stills.

• Love 2

I'm wondering why Regina went for Sidney so suddenly in the first episode. Of all the weapons in her arsenal, she chooses him. What does he have special that she needs? I can understand if he's trying to orchestrate an "accident" for Marian or something like that, but I don't know why she's putting him back in the mirror.

I'm wondering why Regina went for Sidney so suddenly in the first episode. Of all the weapons in her arsenal, she chooses him. What does he have special that she needs? I can understand if he's trying to orchestrate an "accident" for Marian or something like that, but I don't know why she's putting him back in the mirror.

She goes to Sidney now because Giancarlo Esposito was free to go back now that Revolution was canceled. It's not the character they wanted back, but the actor.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

So now Regina is using Henry's book for information to try to get rid of Marian? Oh yeah, she's real mother of the year material. This is like Season 1 redux and I'm not interested. At all. Adam & Eddy seem to think I care if Regina goes evil and at this point I'm done. If four seasons in there is still a question as to whether she's capable of being a decent human being or not, they're doing it wrong. It's not a compelling story line.

• Love 5

I've come to the conclusion that Wardrobe must despise Belle and these promos only convince me that they've got a contest going among themselves on who can make her look as ridiculous as possible. I'm expecting her to show up at some point dressed as Wilma Flintstone, a loaf of bread, a pinball machine, or Mrs. Butterworth. 

• Love 3

Still don't care much about Frozen, but Elsa is very very pretty and rocks the outfit. Just from the stills you can tell Haig has good screen presence.

I can't wait for Marian to leave, I've had enough of detours and obstacles to last a while on this show after last season. So the sooner she's off the show, the better.

So now Regina is using Henry's book for information to try to get rid of Marian? Oh yeah, she's real mother of the year material. This is like Season 1 redux and I'm not interested. At all. Adam & Eddy seem to think I care if Regina goes evil and at this point I'm done. If four seasons in there is still a question as to whether she's capable of being a decent human being or not, they're doing it wrong. It's not a compelling story line.

Before we jump to conclusions which I know many of you here are ready to jump at anything Regina does, have any of you thought this is a red-herring. You know she plots getting rid of Marian but in the end doesn't go through with it? 

Edited by Hookian
I've come to the conclusion that Wardrobe must despise Belle and these promos only convince me that they've got a contest going among themselves on who can make her look as ridiculous as possible.

I've been trying to figure out all day what the dress in the promo reminds me of, and the best I can come up with is a bunch of fluffy baby chicks sewn together. Sort of like Snow's swan-feather gown...but with baby chicks. That said, I don't think Wardrobe hates Belle any more than they do Mary Margaret, who they seem to be clothing in an endless stream of fugly maternity and post-maternity shifts and downright gross shoes. 

Although if the part of the outfit from today is an indication...you might be on to something, Anakerie

http://captaincronut.tumblr.com/post/97089993993

I thought captaincronut's comment was interesting:

"Emilie is so sweet! She came over and signed my t-shirt, and I asked if she was allowed to take pictures with us, and she said; “I don’t know *looks at security* Am I? It’s not like I’m revealing some kind of big thing now right?” So we were allowed to take pictures, just not with the whole dress in it."

So, it's "spoiler security," not just set security?

• Love 1
That print around Belle's waist... looks like it's from Arendelle.

Hm, so Belle is Not!Norwegian? I thought she would be Not!French, given that Moe's Storybrooke last name is "French." But trying to map nationalities onto that world is probably an exercise in futility, even if the Frozen folks did deliberately base Arendelle on Norway (come to think of it, that's a French-sounding country name, even if it was Not!Norway in the movie).

I'm in the minority but my interest about the Frozen story increase with the spoiler because I do believe there an actual coherent arc. It just can be better than 3b and Belle just got interesting !

sorry but the weak link  still is the triangle, just wondering if they will be stupid enough to just mad Marian Evil and disguise herself in Regina . I really hope it is not the reason Regina appear differently in the still because  for me it is so cheap writting that I will fast forward this storilyne .

• Love 3

There's a theory going around Tumblr that Belle is being "controlled" by the glass shards, based on the fact that she, Rumple and the Snow Queen were filming today, with Rumple in his modern suit, and it's the ep after "Breaking Glass." The timing makes sense, though that Belle outfit looks more like a fairyback to me -- unless the Snow Queen gave her new cold-weather gear because she was disgusted with Belle's gun-moll miniskirts. But the modern Rumple clothing throws me, unless there were separate scenes -- Rumple and Snow Queen now, and Belle and Snow Queen then.

I mean, it's a safe bet some duo is going to embody the Kai/Gerda roles in the Snow Queen tale. I was really hoping for Hook/Emma, so Emma could follow him across realms like he's done for her. Of course, there are still five eps after this one in the half-season, so there will be more Snow Queen drama to be had -- no doubt involving a frozen heart. Because, come on.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

What I want to see for Regina is to deal with the consequences of her past without erase the past or make Marian a bitch and I will look for to  her love story with Robin. Despite the bad beginning  I'm open to this couple but already over the stupid triangle

I'm in the minority but my interest about the Frozen story increase with the spoiler because I do believe there an actual coherent arc. It just can be better than 3b and Belle just got interesting !

sorry but the weak link still is the triangle, just wondering if they will be stupid enough to just mad Marian Evil and disguise herself in Regina . I really hope it is not the reason Regina appear differently in the still because for me it is so cheap writting that I will fast forward this storilyne .

For me it's the opposite. I thought I could not be less interested in the Frozen stuff and then they tie Belle to it.

But I agree with you in something, the triangle is by far the worst storyline.

Edited by RadioGirl27
There's a theory going around Tumblr that Belle is being "controlled" by the glass shards, based on the fact that she, Rumple and the Snow Queen were filming today, with Rumple in his modern suit, and it's the ep after "Breaking Glass."

I really hope they haven't gone with making Belle/Rumple Kai/Gerda as a way to avoid dealing with the dagger switcher-oo. There needs to be real consequences to that in order to fix the relationship.

If Belle becomes Kai and cold to Rumple about the time the dagger secret is revealed, then she doesn't get to have a true emotional response to the discovery.

If Rumple gets to have faith in her and save her, then the narrative pretty much requires for her to do the same for him about the dagger. But that's not really fair because she's the one who has been having faith in him for years. His faith should be payback for that. Plus, she did not consciously choose to become cold while he consciously chose to lie to her. He shouldn't get a pass on his betrayal because she got cursed.

It's not that I want Belle and Rumple to suffer (and I know they are end game), it is just that I'm tired of the show setting up situations only to avoid the ramifications. Rumple already should have had faith in Belle for all the faith she has had in him - the dagger set-up doesn't feed into that. It just cheapens the dagger betrayal if it is there to shock us one season and quickly hand-waved away the next (like the big boo-hoo about Regina having to pay the ultimate cost of never seeing Henry again and that lasting one episode - and even him forgetting her is resolved within a few days of that).

This show is like the boy who cried wolf with all these big set-ups. Even my 10 year old wasn't fooled when they killed Rumple. "You know he's not dead, right? They wouldn't kill him off for good."

• Love 3

I just can't with Belle/Rumple anymore.  I don't like Belle, can't get onboard with Belle because Belle's love for Rumple bothers me to no end and I'd like to think she deserves better, but I'm not even sure about that because she enables the hell out of him.  If she's the kingdom of the Frozen gang, fine!  Whatever, I can live with that.  But I don't think I can take the whole Kai/Gerda story for those two. 

I imagine did something to the Snow Queen once upon a time or she was in love with him because they all are for some reason and she wants her revenge and might take it out on poor simpering naïve idiot Belle because she goes on some speech about how Rumple is good and how the Snow Queen has a rotten heart.

• Love 2
If Belle becomes Kai and cold to Rumple about the time the dagger secret is revealed, then she doesn't get to have a true emotional response to the discovery.

At this point, I'm in favor of any storyline that doesn't involve Regina whining and crying and/or Hook and Emma giving each other pained - sorry, "romantic" - looks, so these are really the first spoilers to give me hope that I might make it through another season.

That said, I don't see them being able to execute this dagger storyline in an emotionally satisfying way, because the writers have a massive hang-up with allowing characters to change and to grow. Nothing can have a long-term consequence for the characters because the storytellers don't want to deal with long-term consequences in the characters.

The dagger thing is beginning to compete with the ease of inter-realm travel in the "making Rumple look like an imbecile" category.  He hangs on to this thing, we're told, for hundreds of years without so much as a blip or hiccup....but this will be the fourth time in four seasons he loses control of it - because unless someone shows her or uses the real one, how will Belle know she's got the fake one?

Again, an avoidance by the writers of the long-term consequences. They don't want to strip Rumpel of his powers,  but they're running out of ways to keep the story going, because there's less and less reason within the overall story for him to remain "dark."

But the modern Rumple clothing throws me, unless there were separate scenes -- Rumple and Snow Queen now, and Belle and Snow Queen then.

At least from captaincronut's vantage point, it didn't look like Emilie and Robert were filimg together - he was filimg with E. Mitchell and she with E. Lail - so that's a plausible theory. My WAY less-plausible theory is that Belle somehow portals out with Anna to another land (there was a portal green-screen set up the other day, at least) and so they're temporarily in different realms.

Edited by Amerilla

I really hope they haven't gone with making Belle/Rumple Kai/Gerda as a way to avoid dealing with the dagger switcher-oo. There needs to be real consequences to that in order to fix the relationship.

But that's the problem with this show, nothing done by either Rumple or Regina has consequences (I know Rumple has lost Bae, but that's a small price for all the things he has done). Whoever tells Belle about the dagger is going to suffer more for telling her than Rumple for lying to her.

At least from captaincronut's vantage point, it didn't look like Emilie and Robert were filimg together - he was filimg with E. Mitchell and she with E. Lail - so that's a plausible theory.

I think that maybe Belle is from Arandelle, even if it makes no sense from a Disney point of view. Or Anna and Belle met at some point in the past. The truth is that I don't care, I dislike Belle almost as much as I dislike Regina.

• Love 1
The truth is that I don't care, I dislike Belle almost as much as I dislike Regina.

I dislike Belle more. At least Regina can be entertaining, especially in full bitch mode. And she has fabulous costumes. Belle always wears something more fitting for a streetwalker than a Disney princess, and I fall asleep during her dialogue.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 7

Belle's benign. She's boring but relatively harmless.  She can even be watchable away from the you have a good heart Rumple schtick. Ok so maybe she's like a noose around Rumple's neck but she's not attached to his side all the time and she's hardly ever on. Her scenes are easy to skip through. Woegina is a malignant tumor that destroys everything that comes within a mile of it. There's no escaping that leecher of souls.

I think Georgina will be great as Elsa. She just pops from those stills alone and it'll be refreshing to see the spot light on a non-villain for once, even though I like those characters.

• Love 5

Belle's benign. She's boring but relatively harmless.

Taking my response to the Belle thread...

ETA: Oh god, do we not even have a Belle thread here? Wow. I guess that just shows how unimportant/boring/useless her character is.

ETA2: I don't even want to create a thread for her. I kind of like the fact that it doesn't exist.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 8

For me it's the opposite. I thought I could not be less interested in the Frozen stuff and then they tie Belle to it.

But I agree with you in something, the triangle is by far the worst storyline.

Thanks, for the answers. 

But I'M TRYING to be optimistic and open mind even with Regina ( even if the triangle of Doom makes it hard .. Lets' be realistic this show is not G.O.T. or something its cheesy and cartoon.

I accept that and just watch for the fun and the likeable cast.

My real problem is when there is not a real coherent story (3b).

Belle involvement just seems fresh to me  But still have issues with Rumbelle.

I really hope they haven't gone with making Belle/Rumple Kai/Gerda as a way to avoid dealing with the dagger switcher-oo. There needs to be real consequences to that in order to fix the Relationship.

I absolutely agree with that in a coheren storytelling  Rumbelle have enough issues with the dagger storyline without adding that Kai- Gerda things it is just an easy escape for not dealing with the heavy stuff  and nothing really news will happen with these two we already knows they are endgame and love each others . The real question is about the Dagger and if Rumpy can let go (HI! HI ! ) of the Dark One power.

But I will take it !( Belle = Kai)  over gave this sl to Regina again ! Just share the storyline between the core cast.