Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm calling Rumple.  The final scene is a funeral in which Belle is too distraught to attend, but she comes on her own later.

The "the actor/actress has not yet been officially released from their contract yet" also heavily suggests Rumple, since Robert's contract expires after S5 but since they are still filming the finale and thus scenes where he'd be in before his death, he isn't yet out of the contract.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

If it's Rumple who dies at the end of the season, there are a couple of things.

1. Does he die a Dark One?

2. If he doesn't die a Dark One, that means there will be a new Dark One in town, no?

If he doesn't die a Dark One, that means there will be a new Dark One in town, no?

Maybe this could be their way of reverting Regina back to the Evil Queen without actually full-on reverting her. (And then all of Emma's actions to save the town and become the Dark One would have been for nothing and Regina should have just taken on the darkness during last year's finale.)

Maybe this could be their way of reverting Regina back to the Evil Queen without actually full-on reverting her. (And then all of Emma's actions to save the town and become the Dark One would have been for nothing and Regina should have just taken on the darkness during last year's finale.)

I was thinking more along the lines of those 2 brothers they're bringing on, the one who is power hungry.

https://twitter.com/bonbuffy/status/706981900787658753

For what it's worth, this person still thinks it's Robin.

I wouldn't consider Robin a star of the show. That would be Emma, Rumple, Regina or Snow. But it depends on what they consider a "star". If star equals regular character, it can be Robin or Zelena. Lana was dressed all in black yesterday.

I just hope it's Rumple. There is nothing else left for him as a character. I just hope it's not Emma or Snow. After all the pain Emma has endured this season, if they kill her off or they kill her mother, it would be insulting (and the kiss of death for the show).

• Love 1

If there's a real long-lasting death, I'm secretly hoping it's Belle. Like Socha, the writers barely ever use her anyways, and her death could give us back an awesome, villainous Rumple for Season 6. If they're just going to keep Rumple in this limbo between villain and accepted-by-his-family-but-still-mostly-a-villain, there's no reason to keep Carlyle around.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think stars are the people that are on contract.

So that's Jen, Ginny, Emilie, Bex, Lana, Colin, Josh, Bobby, Sean and Jared. This is a lot of people for one show. And since A&E suck at writing for everyone, maybe they need to trim the fat a bit.

If Rumple were to die, would the town really be out in full force for his funeral? Regina going with Emma in order to support Henry, I can see. A person here and there to support Belle? Sure. The entire town? I'm not really sure about that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)
SiobhanJW, on 08 Mar 2016 - 2:25 PM, said:SiobhanJW, on 08 Mar 2016 - 2:25 PM, said:

http://tvline.com/2016/03/08/blind-item-drama-series-death-season-finale-spoilers/

It Could be Robin. But the headline "Blind Item: Which Drama Series Is Killing Off Its Star in the Finale?" Makes me think it isn't him, since I don't consider him the Star. Could it be Rumple? 

I don't consider Robin a "star" either (he barely had any lines in the last episode) and were they actually already filming the finale?

(and the blind item clearly states the series kills of its star, not one of them. Could be a misdirect but that leads me to believe this is not about an ensemble cast.)

As far as Regina being dressed in black goes - she's currently wearing all black in the Underworld, too.

Edited by CheshireCat
(edited)

When Neal was killed, didn't they term him a series regular or something like that? I'm pretty sure they didn't call him a star. So, I'm thinking that if it is referring to this show (and we don't know if it is), then it is one of Emma, Regina, Snow or Rumple.

From the spoilers, it would appear that we are getting a funeral. I don't think they are going to have a funeral unless an important character dies. Not at the end of an arc where they have just saved somebody from the Underworld. I think they are going to also have to make it a permanent death or we have to go back to the Underworld again.

Let's be real, it's not Regina. A&E would fold their tents first. Emma also seems unlikely, so it is Snow or Rumple. Rumple is most likely because the actor's contract is up and there isn't much left to do with the character without changing him to somebody Robert doesn't want to play. Ginny may want off since her character doesn't do much and she is having another baby.

My bet is on Rumple (if anybody dies at all). They should have left him dead after his Pan sacrifice so maybe they will do it for real this time.

Edited by kili

http://tvline.com/2016/03/08/blind-item-drama-series-death-season-finale-spoilers/

It Could be Robin. But the headline "Blind Item: Which Drama Series Is Killing Off Its Star in the Finale?" Makes me think it isn't him, since I don't consider him the Star. Could it be Rumple? 

It could be Robin since we know they are filming in the cemetery.  But, it could also be Castle and killing off Beckett.  They've been testing the waters this season and last night Beckett wasn't even in the episode, which is bizarre because they all used to revolve around her.

I actually don't think that Blind Item is OUAT, simply because it's Ausiello's. I don't think Ausiello even watches OUAT; the person who does and who has the sources is Matt. Remember, when there was that "Who is dying on OUAT?" TVLine post in S3, it was from Matt. I doubt Ausiello would have this big of an OUAT scoop.

(edited)

Wrong. Ausiello has done plenty of OUAT stuff before, he's the even one who broke the news about the two brothers.

And it just seems too coincidental that this kind of thing would be published after a big funeral scene was filmed.

Also, it's not Snow since Ginny was there, and it won't be Belle because Disney Princess Immunity. It's Rumple or Robin.

and were they actually already filming the finale?

Yes, they are filming the finale now and will be for the rest of this month.

Edited by Mathius
Serena, on 08 Mar 2016 - 3:44 PM, said:

I actually don't think that Blind Item is OUAT, simply because it's Ausiello's. I don't think Ausiello even watches OUAT; the person who does and who has the sources is Matt. Remember, when there was that "Who is dying on OUAT?" TVLine post in S3, it was from Matt. I doubt Ausiello would have this big of an OUAT scoop.

The last blind item was OUAT, actually. The character who had filmed in secret. I'm not sure if the "Buffy-style switch" hint would make sense in regards to OUAT, though.

Let's be real, it's not Regina. A&E would fold their tents first. Emma also seems unlikely, so it is Snow or Rumple. Rumple is most likely because the actor's contract is up and there isn't much left to do with the character without changing him to somebody Robert doesn't want to play. Ginny may want off since her character doesn't do much and she is having another baby.

Despite us thinking Ginny wants time with her kids she is obsessed with Disney and I don't think she'd ever want to leave the show just because she's not doing as much as before. I remember that interview she had with Seth Meyers were she talks about the Snow White character. Her and Josh go to Disneyland every month so I don't see either of those two leaving. Also killing off either Snow, Emma or Regina is the end of this show for ABC.

I seriously doubt they will kill Snow, Emma, Charming, or Regina. They are too important to the show, and to the shows marketing. Rumple? I can see them taking him off the show. Not only has his character run its course, but he is less of a push for ABC.  

(edited)

Channing Dungey stopped A&E from killing off Prince Charming. I think she will strongly object to princesses killing. I don't think the suits will object to Rumple or Robin being killed. I'm not adding Hook in that because it seems as though he is back from the dead.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

Snow has Disney Princess immunity AND Ginny was not reported missing at the funeral, so this shouldn't be a question.

It can only be Rumple or Robin. Killing Emma, the Charmings, Henry or Regina are no-nos, Hook was seen at the funeral, Belle has Disney Princess immunity, and Zelena would certainly not warrant this kind of emotional goodbye.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

I could see it being Rumple especially depending on Robert's schedule for the Trainspotting sequel. I'm assuming he has an obligation to that before Once. And he's had some other projects he's working on. I know he said he liked the TV paycheck, but something like Trainspotting is a much bigger deal.

I feel like with Rumple it was inevitable. Especially now that he purposely absorbed all of the Dark Ones. I never thought Rumple would make it to the end of the Series still alive. I guess we will see. 

IMO, only Emma or Regina would qualify as the "star" of OUAT, and neither of them is dying permanently. I think the blind item is about some other show. I'm sure there is a good probability that more than one drama in five networks has a funeral scene in the finale. 

Let's say it were Robin - you'd have Regina whose mother brutally killed her first true love right in front of her, then you have Rumple using her for his purpose, then she fights to become the person she wants to be and is on the inside and finally manages to, gets a second chance at love with someone who is proclaimed her soulmate, then there's Zelena's deception and then they kill Regina's soulmate and the father of two and I'm supposed to keep believing this show is about hope, second chances and happy endings? Not sure I could do that.

I actually think Rumple would make sense in a way.

I'd also wouldn't mind if Zelena died a heroic death. But I would mind if she survived and Robin died. That would be really unfair.

But, whatever they do, I sincerely hope they don't revert Regina back to the Evil Queen. It's been done and over with and she doesn't deserve that.

If it ends up being Rumple, I just hope they don't whitewash him and make him do something heroic right before he dies. I want him to go out in a blaze of glory fighting the ultimate fight with Emma. Or maybe they'll kill him off temporarily, and then bring him back as recurring whenever the final season happens.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yea, he may not get as much attention as Emma or Regina, but Robert is the biggest star they have on the show. He was even able to negotiate more time off than the rest of the cast and exactly how much media he's willing to do. And when the pilot first got picked up, he and Ginny were the two big names they were pushing as the stars of the show back then. Things may have changed in terms of the story being told, but there is no doubt that Robert is a star.

If it ends up being Rumple, I just hope they don't whitewash him and make him do something heroic right before he dies.

If Robert has decided to leave -- and make no mistake that this would be his decision and not A&E -- then I can see him wanting Rumple to go out in a big flame of evil.

My other guess would be Zelena since it seems she has some connection to Hades. I could see her purposely having herself killed so she could go back and join Hades in the Underworld. But that would depend on their definition of "star."

Edited by sharky

https://twitter.com/BastardSonVan/status/706893945674948608

Larry also says that a scene was filmed in the hospital the day before the funeral scene.

He also reports that, unlike with "Arrow", he has no idea who the character that dies is.

Now I'm thinking all the multiple headstones were to conceal which character really does become dead and buried.

They're filming downtown tomorrow, so we'll see if something comes out of that.

Hook was seen at the funeral

That proves nothing. Was he wearing sunglasses? Was he leaning against a tree? Did he have his arm thrown around somebody? Was that somebody Arthur? 

Arthur is a real prankster. He sprung Hook's body from its coffin and thought it would be funny to have him attend his own funeral. Probably has him dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and wearing a goofy hat.

• Love 6
(edited)

He was standing in the funeral procession crowd like everyone else.  I would like to say this points to Robin really being the one who dies, since why on Earth or any realm would Hook attend Rumple's funeral, but there are many valid points brought up here as to why it could be Rumple and Robert Carlyle who leave the show.  It's so very confusing.

Katrina Tan also seems to be leaning toward it being Rumple, and her tweet suggest Sean WAS on set after all : https://twitter.com/katmtan/status/706975871282728960

Edited by Mathius

Why would anyone attend Rumple's funeral? It's not just a Hook thing. Granny and the dwarfs are there too. I can see some people doing this for Henry and Belle. This is like when politicians die, all of a sudden they're great men even though they were really the scum of the earth. 

Merida is the funeral too. And that's just plain weird if it's Rumple. Or even Robin because I don't think they stood in the same frame since 5x01.

I would like to say this points to Robin really being the one who dies, since why on Earth or any realm would Hook attend Rumple's funeral,

Too make sure he was really dead? Did Hook peep into the coffin as it was lowered and then high-five Grumpy?

If anything, Hook might go in deference to Belle and Henry. Funerals aren't really for the dead. They are for those left behind.

He has also consumed the Dark One Elixir, so he might be more forgiving of Rumple than I am.

• Love 1
Mathius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 4:51 PM, said:

He was standing in the funeral procession crowd like everyone else.  I would like to say this points to Robin really being the one who dies, since why on Earth or any realm would Hook attend Rumple's funeral, but there are many valid points brought up here as to why it could be Rumple and Robert Carlyle who leave the show.  It's so very confusing.

He could be there to support Emma. Rumple is, after all, Henry's grandfather and Neal's father. Or he simply could be there to pay his respects because he forgives him after all. Forgiveness is part of the show, so it's possible.

sharky, on 08 Mar 2016 - 4:42 PM, said:

My other guess would be Zelena since it seems she has some connection to Hades. I could see her purposely having herself killed so she could go back and join Hades in the Underworld. But that would depend on their definition of "star."

Since the OUAT death doesn't have to be connected to the blind item, it doesn't have to be a "star" who gets killed. The list of characters who meet an "unfortunate end" is usually pretty long at the end of the season.

It does seem like there's little they could do with Rumple at this point. But if he dies, what happens to his power?

(edited)

Since the OUAT death doesn't have to be connected to the blind item, it doesn't have to be a "star" who gets killed. 

Larry confirmed it was a "major character" death.  OUAT is almost certainly the blind item.

Three other reasons it could be Rumple and not Robin:

1. Robert Carlyle himself remarked that "seven go into the Underworld, but one of them may not survive by the end".

2. No reports of Regina doing anything other than be at the funeral, when you would think she'd react more noticeably if it were Robin, like deliver the eulogy herself.

3. Rumple dying also takes Belle off of the regular list and demotes her to recurring, which Emilie may want at this point especially with a new baby to consider.

Edited by Mathius

I'm still upset that Henry told Emma he trusted Rumple more than Dark Swan after he just tried to kill her and Hook a few months ago so good riddance I say. I'd feel bad for Belle but I think this might be good for her character unless the writers just have her sulk for all of S6 like they did Regina in 4A.

(edited)
Mathius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 5:11 PM, said:Mathius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 5:11 PM, said:

Larry confirmed it was a "major character" death.  OUAT is almost certainly the blind item.

Three other reasons it could be Rumple and not Robin:

1. Robert Carlyle himself remarked that "seven go into the Underworld, but one of them may not survive by the end".

2. No reports of Regina doing anything other than be at the funeral, when you would think she'd react more noticeably if it were Robin.

3. Rumple dying also takes Belle off of the regular list and demotes her to recurring, which Emilie may want at this point especially with a new baby to consider.

During May Sweeps last year they killed something between 20 and 30 characters, I think. I'm still hung up on the "its" star in the blind item. Rumple is a major character, yes. I don't consider him the star of the show though. One of the stars, yes. The star, no. (I consider Robin and Zelena even less of stars).

Regina could be in shock which is why she isn't doing anything else. However, I do agree that there are good arguments made for why it could be Rumple. Another argument for Rumple's death could be that this season seems to be dealing with the power of the Dark One and how to get rid of it, so it might end in Rumple's death. It's a hell of a lot of power anyway.

I'm just not sure the blind item refers to him/OUAT, that's all.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it meant "its star" as in THE star; it first said a major character (a star) would be killed off and then went on it say "which show is killing its star"?  "It's star" being used in terms of the actor/character being A star -a series regular- not THE star.  Very few shows on right now would be likely to kill off THE star, anyway, except maybe "Castle".

Edited by Mathius

I'm just not sure the blind item refers to him/OUAT, that's all.

I tend to agree. I don't doubt that OUAT might kill someone off or hold a funeral for a temporary death that might be fixed by Season 6, but I think the blind item is referring to Castle or another show.

My money's on Rumple. We've been assuming he'd be out at this point in the series ever since the beginning, and there's nowhere left for him to go. If he comes back and Belle takes him back after the latest betrayal, it sabotages her character beyond redemption. After what he did in getting the Darkness after Hook's sacrifice, I don't see how any of the other characters could tolerate him.

I'd love him to get his just desserts and die of evil, but if they're having a funeral, I'm guessing there's something at least a little noble about it. Him not coming back alive may be the reason that Hook does get to come back. I doubt Rumple would sacrifice himself for Hook, but we already know that Pan is scheming to get a ticket back, and if Pan did something to Rumple to make it so that Pan could take his place, Rumple might be willing to clue in the others and betray Pan so that they get Hook out just in order to block Pan. Rumple may hate Hook, but he hates Pan more (and for better reason), and Storybrooke and Henry and Belle would be far better off with Hook than with Pan in town.

• Love 3
Curio, on 08 Mar 2016 - 5:26 PM, said:

I tend to agree. I don't doubt that OUAT might kill someone off or hold a funeral for a temporary death that might be fixed by Season 6, but I think the blind item is referring to Castle or another show.

That's a good point - the temporary. If the blind item was OUAT and the death in question was Rumple then that would mean that there would be no flashbacks at all which would feature him since it says the actor doesn't return. That would make Zelena and Robin more likely again, or even Belle, for that matter. However, if the blint item isn't OUAT and it's still Rumple who dies, Carlyle could return as a guest star for flashbacks if needed. Or the blind item doesn't mean never ever coming back, just that the character won't come back to life next season in which case it could be OUAT.

If the blind item was OUAT and the death in question was Rumple then that would mean that there would be no flashbacks at all which would feature him since it says the actor doesn't return.

I think Season 6 would be an excellent time to stop the flashbacks. Lately, they haven't been adding much other than causing continuity problems. They experimented earlier this season with many of  the Flashbacks only going back to a time of memory loss (6 weeks earlier).

If they do away with flashbacks, they have more time to develop the current plot and don't need Rumple. Obviously, I don't want more memory loss, but these writers are full of clever ideas and can easily come up with a new gimmick.

• Love 2
(edited)

7 go to the UW, then Belle and Zelena follow everyone there.

Robert was filming with Jen, Lana, Sean, Amy Manson and Josh last Thursday when they did the Town Hall scenes, so Rumple leaves the UW with everyone. If something happens to him, it will be in Storybrooke, and again, he is the Dark One, so if he dies, is it because someone stabs him to death with the dagger and becomes the Dark One, or does he do something like in 3x11? 

If anyone dies, I think it will just be part of the AU, and it will be the end of that. Maybe these brothers coming on will mess with Storybrooke's reality. There are a million headstones with everyone's names on them, so maybe it's related to that. Why would anyone have their headstone ready?

There just seems to be shenanigans at foot. I think the 2 hour finale will be more of the same like we had in season 4, where everyone is pulled out of their reality and thrust into a different one.

They are probably going to use that to set up season 6 since those two guys will be recurring next year.

If we got a spoiler title, it might help piece things together. But whatever it is, I think the newcomers are responsible for it. And then there's the Camelot crew which is still in Storybrooke. And Arthur is still there too, and he wanted to take over the town and build a new Camelot there, so maybe he did something with that box of relics of his that I'm sure no one thought of securing because heroes are idiots like that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
kili, on 08 Mar 2016 - 5:40 PM, said:

I think Season 6 would be an excellent time to stop the flashbacks. Lately, they haven't been adding much other than causing continuity problems. They experimented earlier this season with many of  the Flashbacks only going back to a time of memory loss (6 weeks earlier).

If they do away with flashbacks, they have more time to develop the current plot and don't need Rumple. Obviously, I don't want more memory loss, but these writers are full of clever ideas and can easily come up with a new gimmick.

While I agree that the flashbacks were a bit too much during 5A especially, I'm not so sure they're ready to let go of them.

If the blind item refers to OUAT then another clue that it's Rumple could be the contract clue. I'm not sure they'd give Maguire and Mader more than one-year-contracts this far into the show, however, Carlyle would probably have to be released from his current contract.

(edited)

He also reports that, unlike with "Arrow", he has no idea who the character that dies is.

If he doesn't know who is dying, how does he know it's a major character?

I hope it's Rumple, but I don't see why all that people (Granny, the dwarfs, Hook, Merida) would to go his funeral. But they would be there if the dead person was Belle.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

I just remembered that it could be The Walking dead because

rumors about Daryl.

I'm with everyone else who is skeptical that it's about OUAT because doesn't that pap guy know who the cast is by name and face? He for sure knew about the Arrow stuff.

RadioGirl27, on 08 Mar 2016 - 6:02 PM, said:

If he doesn't know who is dying, how does he know it's a major character?

I hope it's Rumple, but I don't see why all that people (Granny, the dwarfs, Hook, Merida) would to go his funeral. But they would be there if the dead person was Belle.

Well, I could see the town going to Rumple's funeral, he is, after all, an integral part to their town, but unless Merida has some unseen history with Rumple and/or Robin then Merida actually only makes sense if it's Belle.

Merida probably goes for Belle, Robin goes for Henry, same with Hook going for both Belle and Henry and like what others have said he forgives Rumple or whatever, everyone else are just going because Adam and Eddy are so extra because no way in hell would these people go to his funeral unless it's to get smashed and have a funeral party in finally getting rid of that nuisance.

Merida probably goes for Belle, Robin goes for Henry, same with Hook going for both Belle and Henry and like what others have said he forgives Rumple or whatever, everyone else are just going because Adam and Eddy are so extra because no way in hell would these people go to his funeral unless it's to get smashed and have a funeral party in finally getting rid of that nuisance.

Maybe the town attends the funeral because they're all too impatient to wait for a town meeting and want to know if they get all their stuff back from Gold's shop.

I could totally see Grumpy and probably some others do that.

• Love 1