Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Just means wee Regina and Robin are coming in 5B.

I don't know if wee Regina and Robin are coming, but I've been wondering about Robin if Regina is going to have her EQ moment. I'm assuming this is their "equivalent" for the DS arc?

Just means wee Regina and Robin are coming in 5B.

I expect CS is gonna be a main point of 5B, just like 5A was. Since it's literally about saving him from the UW. This isn't gonna be like 4B, this whole 5B arc is literally about rescuing Killian from the UW. Operation Light Swan. Papa Jones has filmed for multiple episodes, so the upcoming arc is big on Hook as well. Of course we'll get our share of Regina, but I don't expect 4B Hook screentime for him, at all.

Just watched the 2nd sneak peek and wow, I am thankful for Colin O'Donoghue.  That was just brilliant fun to watch.  Count me in as another person who has moved from anticipating the episode with some trepidation to just full on bring it.  

• Love 6
Yeah I don't think 5b will be as Hook and Emma heavy as 5a was even if we get Hooks father for 2 to 3 episodes. That's just not how this show roles.

Well, to be fair, Emma and Hook have been prominant this half-arc and Regina has been holding their handbags. Rumple has had a medium amount of work to do. I don't mind Regina or Snowing getting more of a story in the back half because I wouldn't like it if my favourite characters were side-lined for an entire season (and I really like Charming and have hope for Snow to return to form).  Sure, Regina has had more than her fair share for a long time, but I'll settle for an equal-ish distribution.

It looks like they are setting up a lot of villians with connections to Regina and I would actually like it if she had to face her victims and/or fellow villains and came to terms. She can make some sacrifices for Emma for once.

I may fear where 5A is going, but I can't argue that Emma and Hook haven't been given a fair amount of screen time and their actors some interesting acting challenges.

• Love 1

Yeah I don't think 5b will be as Hook and Emma heavy as 5a was even if we get Hooks father for 2 to 3 episodes. That's just not how this show roles.

Considering that it's Operation Light Swan, and Hook is connected big time to that operation I'm gonna have to disagree. They've never ever had Operations taken lightly on this show. Why is Operation Light Swan gonna be treated differently? 

I don't think we're gonna get 4B screentime, at all. BC I still expect CS will be a very prominent plot, mainly because it's the focus of the whole arc.

Well, to be fair, Emma and Hook have been prominant this half-arc and Regina has been holding their handbags. Rumple has had a medium amount of work to do. I don't mind Regina or Snowing getting more of a story in the back half because I wouldn't like it if my favourite characters were side-lined for an entire season (and I really like Charming and have hope for Snow to return to form).

The fact that they're shoehorning Regina into Hook's story unfortunately means more of the Pet. But the Snow spoilers have me at least hopeful that we get more Snowing, I kinda miss them.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind a wee Regina if we get Barbra playing Cora. Maybe even Robin just so I could get a POV of his.

I've been secretly wanting a wee!Regina flashback for a while. At least where she's young enough to call for another actress. If they really wanted to whitewash Regina, showing her abusive childhood would have made her a lot more sympathetic than ribbon ripping or sitting behind a door crying. Maybe we'll see how she evaded every dancing lesson Cora signed her up for.

Regina being on the backburner for so long is highly suspicious. I expect her making a grand return to the spotlight in 5B. Truth be told, I really don't want a #SaveEmma or #SaveHook plot. I'm done with the Nevenger rescues for a while. I'm hoping whatever happens with Hades involves everyone in the group, not just one or two particularly.

I really want an excuse to see UW Marian.

Robin: "Marian... this is Regina."

Marian: "The Evil Queen?! She was going to have me executed! Get away from her!"

Robin: "She's changed now. You don't know her audacity or boldness like I do."

Marian: "Wait... are you two together?! You let her near my son?!"

Robin: "Roland loves her. She takes him out to ice cream and everything."

Marian: "The same woman who led dozens of children to their deaths into a witch's house?"

Robin: "That was the Evil Queen, not Regina."

Regina: "I know it doesn't look like it, Marian, but I'm a hero now."

Marian: "You both are insane. If I was still alive, I'd take Roland as far away as possible from you two psychopaths."

Zelena (eating onions rings): "This just keeps getting better."

Robin: "We named my new daughter after you!"

Marian: "Wait... let me get this straight. You named your child after the person her mother murdered in cold blood. I feel so degraded right now..."

Regina: "Well someone's ungrateful."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

It looks like they are setting up a lot of villians with connections to Regina and I would actually like it if she had to face her victims and/or fellow villains and came to terms.

Yeah--never gonna happen. I expected Marian's return would lead to Regina gaining some self-awareness. Instead, it led to Crypt Sex and Operation Stupid. If anything, Regina's victims will be apologizing to her in the UW.

• Love 2

I'm convinced they put Killian in the Underworld to A redeem him and B for the likes of Regina and probably Rumple to face their victims and other villains maybe.

I wonder if Emile wasn't pregnant would Belle be going with them to the Underworld instead of Henry.

I wonder if Emile wasn't pregnant would Belle be going with them to the Underworld instead of Henry.

Hm... Belle or Henry... pick your poison. I guess it's possible she's going to say in New York for her own safety, unless there's some other contrived reasoning we don't know about yet. Kind of makes you wonder why the Storybrookers never took shelter elsewhere beforehand. I'm betting she is in fact leaving town because of that big goodbye with her dad and the foreshadowing in 5x06.

What would she do by herself though? Sleep in a library? Go to Australia on vacation, realize she's pregnant with Rumple's baby, fly back on Oceania Airlines and fall in love with a member of Drive Shaft? Nah.

Looks like 5x14 is a Hades ep.

Someone commented it might be a Cruella episode, but I'd think it would be spelt "DeVil's Due" if that were the case. Unless of course its a double meaning for both Hades and Cruella, kind of like how Birth was for Zelena's baby and Hook reborn as the Dark One.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I expect we'll get some good CS things in 5b, but it's not going to be close to 5a level. I think Regina will get the B arc as usual.

Agreed. CS will definitely remain a big thing that connects both halves of the season, but not as much the focus as it was in 5A, especially if Hook himself remains a captive for the most part ala Henry in 3A. Regina, as usual, will receive more focus (Rumple possibly will too.)

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

Baby Hook is so cute :-)

I expect we'll get some good CS things in 5b, but it's not going to be close to 5a level. I think Regina will get the B arc as usual.

Yeah. CS would have a few moments and probably a good reunion scene but the second half is always Regina's and they are not going to chage that. Some fans in Tumblr think CS is going to get married in the finale, but I doubt it. That's not going to happen until the last season (if it ever happens).

And, with Ginny pregnant, I don't expect too much Snow either, other than her centric.

About the new title, I think that's the episode where we are going to discover what Hades want to let Hook go.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Someone commented it might be a Cruella episode, but I'd think it would be spelt "DeVil's Due" if that were the case. Unless of course its a double meaning for both Hades and Cruella, kind of like how Birth was for Zelena's baby and Hook reborn as the Dark One.

I clicked on the link to see the tweet, and scrolled down a little to see how it was received.

My favorite response was "Cruella's pregnant, too?  Is it Robin's?"

• Love 5

Where was it that Eddy asked fans if they wanted the Evil Queen back? I'm thinking these references to the Evil Queen are not simply implying that it's flashbacks. There's been some hints about Regina and the lure of power/dark magic that may be leading to Regina reverting. It's possible that hell might have an effect on everyone like the Darkness does on the Dark One. They could even make it so that 5A was part of Hades plan to get a hold of the Darkness. The Dark One is immortal, so he never gets the soul containing it. Kill the Dark One with Excalibur and Hades gets control of the Darkness.

I'm wondering how they plan to integrate Mulan Rouge naturally into the story if the cast is all hanging out in hell while Mulan/Red are in the Enchanted Forest. Maybe Belle went to find them? I suspect Emilie is due before the show ends filming this season, so I can't imagine they'd give her much of a role at all in 5B. 

Wee Killian was a lovely Thanksgiving gift!

I think the fear is it'll be 4B again, and I do not see that at all. Even if CS are separated it's not like CS scenes are only classified as scenes between Killian and Emma.

If it's Hades-centric that likely means lots of Hook since if what we suspect is true Hades has him.

I don't think it will be 4B levels I just don't expect it will be 5A levels. I do think CS will get good quality scenes I mean they do have to reunite and then convince Hades to let Hook go but I'm with those who thinks it will be Regina and maybe Rumple heavy.

Do we know if Cora's back for multiple episodes or is she just back for the 100? I'm really intrigue in a Wee Regina mostly because I want to know how did Regina go without Cora giving her dancing lessons? I also can't see her father not wanting at least one dance with her even if Cora lobster loathe his ass.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

I don't think it will be 4B levels I just don't expect it will be 5A levels. I do think CS will get good quality scenes I mean they do have to reunite and then convince Hades to let Hook go but I'm with those who thinks it will be Regina and maybe Rumple heavy.

Do we know if Cora's back for multiple episodes or is she just back for the 100? I'm really intrigue in a Wee Regina mostly because I want to know how did Regina go without Cora giving her dancing lessons? I also can't see her father not wanting at least one dance with her even if Cora lobster loathe his ass.

Cora is only in the 100th. Cruella and Brennan are the only ones we know are in multiple episodes.

We don't have 100% confirmation about papa Jones, but the actor posted a photo well after 5x11 was done filming, of himself with a clean shave, modern clothes, standing in front of burned out cars like others seen in underworld Sotrybrooke, and he tagged it OUAT. So either he's showing up in the underworld, or the actor is screwing with the fandom.

• Love 2

Where was it that Eddy asked fans if they wanted the Evil Queen back?

That was at D23, which was in August. It certainly seemed pointed & portentous, but you never can tell.

I'm also curious how they'll work in Mulan Rouge. It would be perfect timing to explain how Mulan & Aurora restored Philip's soul after it was taken by the wraith, if they had to go to the UW. But it does beg the question of how the group would meet up with them.

We don't have 100% confirmation about papa Jones, but the actor posted a photo well after 5x11 was done filming, of himself with a clean shave, modern clothes, standing in front of burned out cars like others seen in underworld Sotrybrooke, and he tagged it OUAT. So either he's showing up in the underworld, or the actor is screwing with the fandom.

The timing of that pic was ep 5x13, if it was indeed Once filming. If not, he's just messing with the fandom.

I'm also curious how they'll work in Mulan Rouge. It would be perfect timing to explain how Mulan & Aurora restored Philip's soul after it was taken by the wraith, if they had to go to the UW. But it does beg the question of how the group would meet up with them.

Unless they do play with the Underworld issue, that storyline seems so remote from everything else that's going on. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will fall into the same category as Will, with all the "ooh, we have this great stuff planned," and then by the end of the season it's "oops, we forgot, but we can't fit everything in and still tell Regina's story" and then they never get back to it. I always thought the hype was way overplayed. It seemed like all the writers ever said was that they were bringing Mulan back and she'd have some kind of relationship, and then the media went wild with all that "LGBT Storyline!" stuff. What we saw may be the extent of it. Mulan had a relationship at about the same level as they've "explored" the relationship between Emma and her parents, which they keep saying they're doing and seem to think they've done.

I think they're right on with the coloring for baby Killian -- a lot of dark-haired people had lighter hair as kids, and that slightly lighter brown seems like a mix between his dark hair and ginger beard. I wonder if they'll let the freckles show because those are rather adorable. About what age is this kid? That may give us a hint as to how old Killian was when his father abandoned them. Any hints about the casting of younger Liam? That should then give us the approximate age difference.

That was at D23, which was in August. It certainly seemed pointed & portentous, but you never can tell.

The timing of that pic was ep 5x13, if it was indeed Once filming. If not, he's just messing with the fandom.

I'm curious for Mulan Rouge as well and I kind of want it so that SQ shippers can shut up and go away since they still think the LGBT pairing is SQ, lol okay.

He's filmed in studio past 5x11.It's not just one episode.

Considering that it's Operation Light Swan, and Hook is connected big time to that operation I'm gonna have to disagree. They've never ever had Operations taken lightly on this show. Why is Operation Light Swan gonna be treated differently?

Because Operation Light Swan ends when the first half of the season ends.

Second half is a diferent storyline. It doesn't focus on Emma's darkness, lightness.

I'm hoping Hook gets the same screentime as Henry in Neverland. Colin is only good to look at, nothing else.

Because Operation Light Swan ends when the first half of the season ends.

Second half is a diferent storyline. It doesn't focus on Emma's darkness, lightness.

I'm hoping Hook gets the same screentime as Henry in Neverland. Colin is only good to look at, nothing else.

Incorrect. Hook is a massive part of Operation Light Swan and he's taken away at the end of the mid-season finale. Operation Light Swan would not end until he's safe and returned where he belongs, with Emma. 

It's not about focusing on Emma's lightness, you do realize Operation Light Swan is code for Emma's happy ending correct? The beginning of her happy ending. The promise of a future. How on Earth could it be "completed" as you're implying if Killian is taken to the UW?

We were introduced to Operation Mongoose in the beginning of 4A and that carried over to become the big arc of 4B as all other operations have done in the show. Why should Operation Light Swan be any different aside from the fact that it focuses clearly on a character you don't care for? Now you'll know how I felt with Operation Mongoose.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 3

Incorrect. Hook is a massive part of Operation Light Swan and he's taken away at the end of the mid-season finale. Operation Light Swan would not end until he's safe and returned where he belongs, with Emma.

It's not about focusing on Emma's lightness, you do realize Operation Light Swan is code for Emma's happy ending correct? The beginning of her happy ending. The promise of a future. How on Earth could it be "completed" as you're implying if Killian is taken to the UW?

We were introduced to Operation Mongoose in the beginning of 4A and that carried over to become the big arc of 4B as all other operations have done in the show. Why should Operation Light Swan be any different aside from the fact that it focuses clearly on a character you don't care for? Now you'll know how I felt with Operation Mongoose.

Shouldn't the Operation be changed to "Save Hook"? Since it looks like they're all going to be dealing with the Underworld in an effort to find Hook? Emma is already light again in 5b.

Colin is a lot more than a pretty face. Pretty faces can help, but you can only go so far with that. Real talent backs it up. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this arc, which will include more Hook and a reunion with Emma. I'm also looking forward to seeing how all the returning villains well be used in the story!

• Love 2

Shouldn't the Operation be changed to "Save Hook"? Since it looks like they're all going to be dealing with the Underworld in an effort to find Hook? Emma is already light again in 5b.

Exactly, that's what I said!

Its save Hook storyline just like it was save Henry, and there wasnt much Henry screentime in that arc.

So we don't know if they're keeping with Operation Light Swan, if they're going to a different name, like Operation Pirate, or not name it at all. We didn't know they had stamped a name on what was going on with Emma until 8 episodes into the season. Plus is it really all that important? They're in the Underworld to get Hook back, and as usual shit hits the fan, some people may revert to their old selves, or they may not. I'm guessing getting in is a lot easier than getting out.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Yeah, Snow and Regina are hypocrites. What Emma did was not the brightest thing in the world, but Snow split her heart in 2 so that David could live, and Regina all but forced Emma to save Robin's life.

So here's a stadium, please take several seats.

Thanks!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

Wow, Snow and Regina have reached a new low, they are just the worst. So they can risk everything, even the lifes of others, for David and Robin. But Emma shouldn't do the same for Hook. And, really, after "Birth" and this sneak peek, the writers needs to give me a very good reason as to why those two would go to the UW to save him, when it's clear that they don't give a damn about him (or about Emma).

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
Hypocrisy thy name is forever Regina (and Snow at this point too).

I wonder if they will feel any different if they found out he was dying because he saved their lives and stopped Arthur and Zelena from re-uniting the sword themselves. Probably not.

So I guess Emma lied about being mad at her parents and Regina? Alrigty then.

No, she was legit mad at them, but she lied about "having her vengeance" on them.  That was all a smokescreen. 

Hypocrisy thy name is forever Regina (and Snow at this point too).

I'm so glad David didn't get in on this.  It looks like what Josh said was right, David is more understanding of Emma here.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

Did Hook or Zelena knock Emma out? Or did Hook move her to the couch when she was stuck with the squid ink?

I think Zelena took the dreamcatchers and put them in the clocktower, not Hook. That's where the unsuspected evil from the synopsis will come into play.

The new episode title released by Adam ("Devil's Due") was retweeted by Rachael Shelley, who played Milah.

I now suspect that Milah will be in the episode, either in the Underworld or in the flashback (presumably one to Killian's time with her.  Perhaps he makes a deal with Hades then and that's why he's in Hell now, hence the episode title?)

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 4