• Start Topic

CW Live + 7 ratings for the week of May 7 (week 33):

• The Flash 1.30, 3.261M
  • Supergirl 0.82, 2.545M
  • Supernatural 0.81, 2.199M
  • The Originals 0.73, 1.608M
  • The 100 0.71, 1.967M
  • Riverdale 0.71, 1.901M
  • Arrow 0.67, 1.911M (Episode 6.22 The Ties That Bind)
  • iZombie 0.50, 1.288M
  • Dynasty ?, 0.841M
  • Life Sentence 0.18, 0.558M

Source: ProgrammingInsider.com

Also posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread.

here are some FINALS and L+3 for last week:

CW SERIES
……………………………. L+SD ………….. L+3 ………. % Lift
Supergirl ……………….. 0.476 ………….. 0.775 ……… +63%
iZombie ………………… 0.253 ………….. 0.430 ……… +70%

The Flash ………………. 0.668 ………….. 1.171 ……… +75%
The 100 ………………… 0.347 ………….. 0.604 ……… +74%

Riverdale ………………. 0.441 ………….. 0.673 ……… +53%
The Originals ………….. 0.305 ………….. 0.584 ……… +92%

Supernatural …………… 0.511 …………. 0.778 ……… +52%
Arrow …………………… 0.445 ………….. 0.714 ………. +60%

Life Sentence …………. 0.130 ………….. 0.178 ………. +37%

Source: RJK @ SpottedRatings.com

CW Live + 7 ratings for the week of May 14 (week 34):

• The Flash 1.30, 3.330M
  • Supernatural 0.88, 2.495M
  • Supergirl 0.87, 2.501M
  • Arrow 0.80, 2.112M (Episode 6.23 Life Sentence)
  • Riverdale 0.77, 2.043M
  • The Originals 0.69, 1.606M
  • The 100 0.67, 1.845M
  • iZombie 0.49, 1.237M

Source: ProgrammingInsider.com

• Love 1

Heads of the CW and Showtime Talk Expansion and How Streaming Has Disrupted the TV Model — in a Good Way
Hilary Atkin   Aug 10, 2018
https://www.tvweek.com/open-mic/2018/08/heads-of-the-cw-and-showtime-talk-expansion-and-how-streaming-has-disrupted-the-tv-model-in-a-good-way/

This week got off to a very strong start for two network presidents, the CW’s Mark Pedowitz and Showtime’s David Nevins.

Their respective networks shared a day at TCA’s summer press tour held at the Beverly Hilton hotel.

Pedowitz got the party started by discussing the network’s recent decision expanding to a sixth night on Sundays, adding two hours of prime-time programming. He said the addition of a new night got a terrific reception from advertisers, whose revenue represents more than 50% of the CW’s.

““Between that and the affiliates, they were thrilled. They were thrilled that we had grown,” he said. “They were thrilled that we were making a positive statement about broadcast. The advertisers went out and really supported us.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

As you know, Arrow is moving to Mondays...

Fall TV 2018: Monday Night Forecast for '911,' 'Magnum P.I.,' 'Manifest' and More
SEPTEMBER 04, 2018  by Rick Porter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fall-tv-2018-monday-night-forecast-1139186

As the 2018-19 season approaches, The Hollywood Reporter is handicapping the broadcast networks' chances for success on each night of the week. We'll look for potential breakouts (and flops), veterans with the best chance to improve (or stumble) and any intriguing time-period battles — inasmuch as those still matter in an on-demand world.
New shows and new nights

The rookies are The Neighborhood (CBS, 8 p.m.), Happy Together (CBS, 8:30 p.m.), Magnum P.I. (CBS, 9 p.m.) and Manifest (NBC, 10 p.m.). Bull (CBS, 10 p.m.) moves from Tuesdays, 9-1-1 (Fox, 9 p.m.) from Wednesdays and Arrow (The CW, 9 p.m.) from Thursdays.
Top cable competition

Monday Night Football (ESPN) — which will also pre-empt broadcast programming in a couple of markets each week — WWE Monday Night Raw (USA), VH1 reality shows.
DVR overload: 9 p.m.

One of last season's biggest new shows, 911, should give Fox an upgrade on the night when it's paired with The Resident. But with it, the second hours of The Voice and Dancing With the Stars, Magnum P.I. and Arrow all airing in the 9 o'clock hour, viewers will have some choices to make in terms of what they prioritize watching first.

Edited by tv echo

I didn't notice that time change at first, but now I think THR was working off old info. The latest CW promo lists Arrow at 8 on Mondays...

Fall TV Preview 2018: Every New and Returning Show Premiering This Season
By Philiana Ng‍  September 4, 2018
https://www.etonline.com/fall-tv-preview-2018-new-and-returning-shows-calendar-108763 

Oct. 15: Arrow (The CW, 8 p.m. ET/PT)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I was watching the CW Seed and they only showed previews for The Flash and Supergirl. Every commercial break. 

I wonder how many people aren't even aware of when the other three are coming back.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 11:43 AM, SmallScreenDiva said:

Was walking in midtown Manhattan, and I saw ads for Supergirl. No Flash, Arrow or BL. Not too surprised by lack of Arrow but kinda surprised about lack of BL, honestly. Also, I keep seeing people ask about when Arrow is coming back. 

With Arrow's move to Monday AND going back to the earlier time and the lack of promo about it, I'm guessing a LOT of people are not going to tune in when it premieres even if they planned to.  

Ratings: Arrow Returns Steady, Targets Biggest Audience in a Year
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 16 2018, 8:25 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/16/arrow-ratings-season-7-premiere/

The CW’s Arrow christened its new Monday time slot with 1.42 million total viewers and a 0.4 rating, matching both its Season 6 average and finale in the demo while ticking up to its biggest non-crossover audience in a year.

TVLine readers gave the Season 7 opener an average grade of “A-.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Am I reading this right, they gained audience in the second half? When has that happened last? I remember it usually being the other way around.

A lot of "Oh crap, that's right, Arrow is on!"

• Love 4

I recently read an article on a comic book site in which the writer claimed that Arrow was the least popular of all the CW superhero shows. Clearly, he needed to get his facts straight before he wrote his article.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

I recently read an article on a comic book site in which the writer claimed that Arrow was the least popular of all the CW superhero shows. Clearly, he needed to get his facts straight before he wrote his article.

True but it's a shame it didn't seem to get much of a bump from the +7 ratings. 

CW Live+7 ratings for the week of October 15 (Programming Insider):

• The Flash - 1.29, 3.263 million.
  • Riverdale - 1.02, 2.554 million.
  • Charmed - 0.90, 2.453 million.
  • Supernatural - 0.83, 2.486 million.
  • Arrow - 0.81, 2.348 million. (#701 - Inmate 4587)
  • Supergirl - 0.76, 2.383 million.
  • Black Lightning - 0.62, 1.689 million.
  • All American - 0.32, 0.982 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.28*, 0.880 million.
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.25, 0.577 million.

* Pulled from different report, not on top 40.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Also, last week’s unrounded finals (Link)

Here were last week's un-rounded FINALS for the CW shows:

....................................... 18-49 ..................... Total viewers
The Flash ...................... 0.699 ..................... 1.875 million
Riverdale ....................... 0.484 ..................... 1.399 million
Arrow ........................ 0.411 .................. 1.183 million
Supergirl ........................ 0.374 ..................... 1.281 million
Black Lightning .............. 0.371 ..................... 1.179 million
Supernatural .................. 0.362 ..................... 1.389 million
Charmed ....................... 0.338 ..................... 1.134 million
Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.317 ..................... 0.996 million
Legacies ....................... 0.293 ..................... 1.124 million
All American ................. 0.251 ...................... 0.764 million
Dynasty ........................ 0.175 ...................... 0.562 million
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ....... 0.149 ...................... 0.411 million

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Lots of thoughts.

Arrow number 3? Nice. Supernatural really fell in the rankings which surprised me. Charmed and the other new shows are not looking good. I laughed at Legacies. I hate Plec. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Lots of thoughts.

Arrow number 3? Nice. Supernatural really fell in the rankings which surprised me. Charmed and the other new shows are not looking good. I laughed at Legacies. I hate Plec. 

I'm cheering for Legacies to be the first man down, sadly I think it will go to All American.

SPN was just super odd. Hopefully I was a blip and the ratings bounce back.

Arrow being #3 was surprising and nice for them. Riverdale better be #2 after all the $$ CW spent promoting it.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, tv echo said:

Or talk to CBS, who continues to report that most of the revenue/viewers from CW shows is coming from international viewers/licenses. Many of those countries have Arrow, but not Legends of Tomorrow or Gotham.

• Love 10
On 10/30/2018 at 3:14 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm cheering for Legacies to be the first man down, sadly I think it will go to All American.

SPN was just super odd. Hopefully I was a blip and the ratings bounce back.

Arrow being #3 was surprising and nice for them. Riverdale better be #2 after all the $$ CW spent promoting it.

No kidding.  Cole Sprouse aka Jughead was on the Late Show with Colbert this week.  I mean, even with the CBS connection I was shocked.