Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

On 12/16/2018 at 12:15 PM, SimoneS said:

It is possible that the crisis event next season changes the 2024 headline. After all, the show is unlikely to last for six more years so the writers might want to resolve Barry's potential disappearance sooner than later.

I don't even know what to speculate about this any more; I didn't think they'd try to do Crisis on Infinite Earths so soon.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't even what to speculate about this any more; I didn't think they'd try to do Crisis on Infinite Earths so soon.

I have been reading a lot of speculation on different forums. One idea that strikes me a plausible is that it will be Barry-90 or a Barry from another Earth who dies in Grant Gustin's Barry's place and becomes his lightning bolt.  Regardless, if Barry dies, he will just be absorbed in the Speed Force and become his own lightning bolt in a few episodes. Someone also noted Thawne created the particle accelerator and gave Barry his powers five years earlier so maybe that and Nora's interference will make the final crisis will occur in five years sooner. 

• Love 1

I read that there are many Crisis in DC comics history so it IS possible that Crisis on Infinite Earths and the 2024 Crisis are two separate events. Even last years crossover had Crisis in the title.

It is unlikely that Arrow is lasting more than eight seasons so it's possible that they're centering a big comic story like COIE around Oliver so he can have his last hurrah. It's something that makes me sick because it takes some nerve to rob Barry and Kara of their canon storylines so Green Arrow can get the shine as usual.

I want the 2024 Crisis to be a Flash only story. The other characters can appear but Barry and the Flash cast need to take center stage because that is, even for TV fans only, a Flash storyline that has been foreshadowed since the first season. It's also important for Iris because she's the one who writes the article. I don't care if the show needs to get to s10 ( they can always do a flashforward if they don't get to ten seasons ) but having the 2024 events occur earlier so the headline, the entire content of the article and possibly even the by-line change and Barry is robbed of his story in favor of Oliver is a giant disservice to the Flash cast and fans.

I always assumed the 2024 Crisis was a fixed point but in the end Barry would not go missing for 25+ years but come back to his family much sooner instead.

• Love 8
On 12/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, BeautifulFlower said:

I disagree. Nora has been in the past for awhile now. We saw that her presence has affected Cicada and those metas death. They still showed the newspaper saying Barry disappears in 2024.

When Eobard went back in time and changed the OG timeline, that newspaper said 2024 

Post flashpoint, the newspaper still hasn't changed from 2024.

No matter what, it's obvious that the 2024 thing is a fixed point.

I think we all assumed that the 2024 article was the Crisis, but I think it was a fight between Barry and Eobard that caused Barry to go back in time to save his younger self from being killed.  

• Love 1
On 12/18/2018 at 6:39 AM, Starry said:

I read that there are many Crisis in DC comics history so it IS possible that Crisis on Infinite Earths and the 2024 Crisis are two separate events. Even last years crossover had Crisis in the title.

It is unlikely that Arrow is lasting more than eight seasons so it's possible that they're centering a big comic story like COIE around Oliver so he can have his last hurrah. It's something that makes me sick because it takes some nerve to rob Barry and Kara of their canon storylines so Green Arrow can get the shine as usual.

I want the 2024 Crisis to be a Flash only story. The other characters can appear but Barry and the Flash cast need to take center stage because that is, even for TV fans only, a Flash storyline that has been foreshadowed since the first season. It's also important for Iris because she's the one who writes the article. I don't care if the show needs to get to s10 ( they can always do a flashforward if they don't get to ten seasons ) but having the 2024 events occur earlier so the headline, the entire content of the article and possibly even the by-line change and Barry is robbed of his story in favor of Oliver is a giant disservice to the Flash cast and fans.

I always assumed the 2024 Crisis was a fixed point but in the end Barry would not go missing for 25+ years but come back to his family much sooner instead.

Totally agree with this. Also I fear that if/when Arrow is cancelled, the writers will find a way to bring Oliver on the Flash shows as semi-regular. Stephen and Grant seems to love working together,  so I can see them pushing for it and those in power seems to love Oliver. 

45 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

I think we all assumed that the 2024 article was the Crisis, but I think it was a fight between Barry and Eobard that caused Barry to go back in time to save his younger self from being killed.  

The show has conflated the two events. In the 2024 article, we are told that Barry disappears in a fight with the Reverse Flash, but the red skies along with the arrival of the Monitor suggests the Final Crisis where Barry saves the remaining superheroes and the multiverse by running himself to death and is absorbed by the Speed Force and disappears for 25 years

11 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Totally agree with this. Also I fear that if/when Arrow is cancelled, the writers will find a way to bring Oliver on the Flash shows as semi-regular. Stephen and Grant seems to love working together,  so I can see them pushing for it and those in power seems to love Oliver. 

Ugh, this possibility never occurred to me. I honestly don't see that happening, if only because I can't see DC going along with it. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2018 at 6:39 AM, Starry said:

A flashfoward is a good idea. I agree with you that this should be a Flash story and really hope that it is, but I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised if Flash fans tune in to discover that most of the story and Barry disappearance occurred on another show.  I am still waiting to see Barry and Iris get married. Yeah, I am bitter.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I was listening to an interview with Danielle Nicolet (Cecile). After she did her "best cast in the world" spiel, she mentioned that Team Flash could not take down Cicada on its own and would have to team up with someone else. I couldn't figure out who she could mean. Could Barry have to team up with Thawne? That seems so farfetched, but who else could she be referring to? Any thoughts?

ETA: She did mention that Jesse was working hard to return. She had spoken to him and he was feeling good.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

... she mentioned that Team Flash could not take down Cicada on its own and would have to team up with someone else. I couldn't figure out who she could mean. Could Barry have to team up with Thawne? That seems so farfetched, but who else could she be referring to? Any thoughts?

First off -- Grrrr... even with power dampening powers, I don't think they've shown that Cicada is so powerful that they can't take him down themselves (and they've shown that he can be injured). So that's just annoying. But I think Thawne is the best guess, because they haven't teased any other new or returning characters, and no spoilers about that either.

Wait, Hartley has teased Ralph's love interest (Sue), but I doubt she'll be part of taking down Cicada. ... But that might be a cool twist, though!

• Love 1
On 12/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, Proteus said:

Spencer Young is supposed to be returning. There's even supposed to be an upcoming episode titled, "Spin Out." So it could be her.

I didn't think much of Spin, but better that they team up with her than Thawne.

Ugh Spin.   People complain about Killer Frost working with Savitar, but Spin routinely put people in danger and tried to have Flash murdered all in the.name of getting some followers.  That's pretty fucked up.  And they're setting her up to be a love interest for Nora.  Not looking forward to her return. 

• Love 2
On 24/12/2018 at 4:27 AM, SimoneS said:

I was listening to an interview with Danielle Nicolet (Cecile). After she did her "best cast in the world" spiel, she mentioned that Team Flash could not take down Cicada on its own and would have to team up with someone else. I couldn't figure out who she could mean. Could Barry have to team up with Thawne? That seems so farfetched, but who else could she be referring to? Any thoughts?

ETA: She did mention that Jesse was working hard to return. She had spoken to him and he was feeling good.

How old was the interview? I thought they had confirmed Killer Frost was their ace up their sleeve.

On 26/12/2018 at 2:18 AM, Maverick said:

Ugh Spin.   People complain about Killer Frost working with Savitar, but Spin routinely put people in danger and tried to have Flash murdered all in the.name of getting some followers.  That's pretty fucked up.  And they're setting her up to be a love interest for Nora.  Not looking forward to her return. 

They better forget about this. I don't mind her as an antagonist but she's no friend/LI material.

7 minutes ago, Starry said:

How old was the interview? I thought they had confirmed Killer Frost was their ace up their sleeve.

The interview was published on Dec 20, 2018 so very recent. She makes it sound like that are teaming up with someone outside the team, not Killer Frost.

I'm always down for a new costume (unless its as bad as The Flashs new costume) but come on....they really need to being honest with themselves about how "powerful" Cicada is. It doesn't warrant all this effort. Time travel, teaming up with enemies....He is not that great of a villain! They treating him like he is Glory (BTVS) of The Flash.

• Love 4

I couldn't stand DeVoe and I can't stand Cicada. They are not good villains to adapt to TV and certainly not for a whole season. I hope that they consider Godspeed for next season. I think that he would be a more worthy deceptive opponent for The Flash.

Also, I remembered that in The Flash Rebirth that Wally and Linda's twins age rapidly because of the Speed Force. If the show decides to have Barry and Iris have a baby or twins, they could use this plot device to rapidly age them so they don't get stuck with infants.

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I couldn't stand DeVoe and I can't stand Cicada. They are not good villains to adapt to TV and certainly not for a whole season.

It's not the villains, imo, it's the poor writing and wrong structural decisions. Devoe would have worked better for half a season, or a sort of First Bad character, yes, but the writing would still have been a problem. Too many metas in Team Flash. Too many redundant resources. Too much Ralph. Caitlin's entire existence. None of these had to do with the villain, per see, just the general "skeleton" of the season. 

Edited by ursula
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I couldn't stand DeVoe

Man, I LOVED Devoe and Marlize at first.  It was the one time an adversary really could get the drop on Barry because Barry's speed was rendered utterly useless in the face of DeVoe's mental acuity.  So much potential.  So badly wasted.

1 hour ago, ursula said:

It's not the villains, imo, it's the poor writing and wrong structural decisions.

Bingo.  I think they really effed up with the Bus Metas and making DeVoe's plan so Bond Villain complicated.  The best villains usually have a very simple goal and are simply relentless about getting there.  The goal itself doesn't have to be evil or terrible -- it might even be a good one, but the methods to get there are what makes them a villain.  The reason Wellsobard  was such a great villain  in S1 was because all he wanted to do was to make Barry into The Flash.  That in and of itself is a good thing, but Wells killed folks left and right to make that happen.  But he was also a very good mentor -- also all in service toward making Barry The Flash. 

DeVoe could have been the same if they had made his goal a lot more relatable and down to earth.  The 'I want to make everyone dumb via satellite ...  but first I need to use 12 random people for no reason that makes sense'  just got murkier and stupider as time went on. 

• Love 8
On 12/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, Primal Slayer said:

....they really need to being honest with themselves about how "powerful" Cicada is. It doesn't warrant all this effort. Time travel, teaming up with enemies....He is not that great of a villain! They treating him like he is Glory (BTVS) of The Flash.

I appreciate that they're trying something a little different with Cicada, but they really haven't shown him to be that big of a threat. Unless they step up his game, it's going to be annoying to wait until episode 23 to see him defeated.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:47 PM, SimoneS said:

... Also, I remembered that in The Flash Rebirth that Wally and Linda's twins age rapidly because of the Speed Force. If the show decides to have Barry and Iris have a baby or twins, they could use this plot device to rapidly age them so they don't get stuck with infants.

I remain convinced that they don't actually want babies/children on the show, so I think this is a good idea.

They could also do a few years time jump - although, that might be tricky if they still want all the DCTV shows to match up for crossovers. Another option with some comic book precedent: they could just have the West-Allen family from the future come to live in the present. Plus, there's a history of time travel shenanigans, so it wouldn't be too far out.

On 12/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Maverick said:

People complain about Killer Frost working with Savitar, but Spin routinely put people in danger and tried to have Flash murdered all in the.name of getting some followers.

Let's not forget Caitlin tried to murder her friends, kidnapped Julian, tortured a police witness, threatened to harm a family, etc., all before ever joining up with Savitar and all to get rid of her powers - how does that even make sense?! That's far worse than Spin trying to murder strangers for a story.

ETA- The irony is that, in trying to not become the villain, Killer Frost, Caitlin acted just like a villain herself.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 4

Re-watched the Supergirl episode of the crossover off my DVR, and there's a promo for the CW app that has a scene that isn't in the 5.10 promo: it's Nora, Cecile, and Iris letting Barry out of a Pipeline cell and Barry saying "Man, it feels good to be out of there". In the regular promo, there's a shot of Barry in the cell, and a shot shot of Nora out side it.

Barry usually only ends up in a cell when he's out of control, or a villain has trapped him there. It's probably not the latter, but then nothing else in the promos suggest him going out of control; so what's the deal?

On 12/31/2018 at 12:38 AM, Trini said:

Barry usually only ends up in a cell when he's out of control, or a villain has trapped him there. It's probably not the latter, but then nothing else in the promos suggest him going out of control; so what's the deal?

Do we know who is the meta is the next episode? I couldn't tell from the promo.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Do we know who is the meta is the next episode? I couldn't tell from the promo.

They didn't show a new meta in the promo; there was a shot of Cicada, though. The episode description should be out by the end of this week, so maybe we'll get a clue from that.

3 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

New promo for 5.10

Well... that's completely different than the previous promo.

Now I'm thinking that the first one is actually for episode 5.11??

Anyway, looks like Weather Witch is back; and ARGUS continues to get their stuff stolen/destroyed.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Maybe it's possessed like Christine.  Demons aren't exactly up a speedsters alley.  

I don't know about possessed, but you reminded me that "meta-tech" is a thing this season, so maybe they invent some way to make the car harder to catch through that.

Hmm -- there's a mix up somewhere. The title "The Flash and the Furious" goes with that latest promo, but the the first promo (with Eobard Thawne) makes the most sense continuing from the cliffhanger in episode 8.

Hopefully Marketing comes back from vacation soon (or whatever) and they sort this out.

I agree there has been a mistake. This second promo definitely isn't consistent with the previous one which looked like it was a flash forward with Barry, Iris, Nora, and Thawne. The promo does look like a possessed car which promises to be fun and this season can use more fun.

ETA: I read speculation that the Barry and Iris first promo is the overarching continuation of the West-Allen family drama that will be in this episode. Maybe Barry and Iris travel or vibe to the future to see the Flash Museum.

Edited by SimoneS

CAITLIN AND CISCO EMABRK ON A NEW JOURNEY — While Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) grapples with the revelation that Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) killed her grandmother, Team Flash must stop the formidable team-up of a newly sprung from jail Weather Witch (guest star Reina Hardesty) and Silver Ghost (guest star Gabrielle Walsh), a new meta-tech villain who can control engines and motorized technology. Meanwhile, Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) discuss creating a meta-human cure. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Sterling Gates

5x10 episode description

Why are Cisco and Caitlin just now thinking about a cure?

I get that the show wants to rationalize Nora working with Thawne, but I still don't understand how we are expected to believe that she didn't know that Thawne killed her grandmother. Her grandfather went to prison for 14 years for a crime that he didn't commit and was released when Wells confessed. How could Nora not know that Thawne was Wells and that he killed her and then set off the particle accelerator explosion, especially when he is wearing Wells' face? This is something that her family, Caitlin, Cisco, etc. must talk about in the future with Thawne locked up. The idea that none of them tell her anything and that she relies on The Flash museum for all her info is just not credible. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I get that the show wants to rationalize Nora working with Thawne, but I still don't understand how we are expected to believe that she didn't know that Thawne killed her grandmother. Her grandfather went to prison for 14 years for a crime that he didn't commit and was released when Wells confessed. How could Nora not know that Thawne was Wells and that he killed her and then set off the particle accelerator explosion, especially when he is wearing Wells' face? This is something that her family, Caitlin, Cisco, etc. must talk about in the future with Thawne locked up. The idea that none of them tell her anything and that she relies on The Flash museum for all her info is just not credible. 

I'm just waiting for when future Iris shows up. As I said, there's clearly more to the story in the future. I need her side of the things.

No offense, but I don't see why Cisco and Caitlin would tell Nora about her grandmother. That's really not their place. Anything involving Barry's childhood or his personal life is not their place to tell anyone. The only thing they would tell Nora is about his life as The Flash.

Speaking of that, I have a theory. I think future Iris probably cut off all contact with Cisco and Caitlin. Those two are indirectly responsible for Barry becoming The Flash in the first place. I can see future Iris probably being reminded of Barry every time she looks at them.

14 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

No offense, but I don't see why Cisco and Caitlin would tell Nora about her grandmother. That's really not their place. Anything involving Barry's childhood or his personal life is not their place to tell anyone. The only thing they would tell Nora is about his life as The Flash.

Thawne and his incarceration would be a topic that everyone in that circle discusses openly. He deceived them all and negatively impacted their lives. He didn't just kill Barry's mother which isn't a secret to any of them. He set off the particle accelerator creating the meta-humans which gave Barry and Cisco their powers, he cost Caitlin and Ronnie the life they were planning to have together, he tried to kill Iris, and Eddie killed himself to save Barry and all of them. The man killed so many people and wrecked so many people's lives. I simply don't find it plausible that they didn't discuss him regularly and openly. And even if they didn't, he is in prison which should be a huge hint to Nora that he is a sociopath.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Thawne and his incarceration would be a topic that everyone in that circle discusses openly. He deceived them all and negatively impacted their lives. He didn't just kill Barry's mother which isn't a secret to any of them. He set off the particle accelerator creating the meta-humans which gave Barry and Cisco their powers, he cost Caitlin and Ronnie the life they were planning to have together, he tried to kill Iris, and Eddie killed himself to save Barry and all of them. The man killed so many people and wrecked so many people's lives. I simply don't find it plausible that they didn't discuss him regularly and openly. And even if they didn't, he is in prison which should be a huge hint to Nora that he is a sociopath.

You misunderstood me. Yes, they can talk about Thawne freely and what he did. However, telling Nora that Thawne killed her grandmother should be something coming from her own family. Thawne killing Barry's mom affected him for most of his life. Joe and Iris know this. They knew how Barry felt and dealt with this. As I said before, that kind of personal information should come from them, not Barry's friends. That's what I liked about Barry being the one to tell her.

• Love 1

I don't get the courtroom scenes. This episode promises to bring some surprises. They must be running out of story if they now having Cisco and Caitlin coming up with a cure for meta-humans. What is Jessica Camacho doing these days? I rather have Gypsy as a regular next season. I really hope that we are reaching the end of Caitlin's neverending Killer Frost drama.

Ugh, because it can't be said enough, I hate the new Flash suit. The material is stretchy and cheap looking. I miss the leather.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I don't get the courtroom scenes. This episodes promises to bring some surprises. They must be running out of story if they now having Cisco and Caitlin coming up with a cure for meta-humans. What is Jessica Camacho doing these days? I rather have Gypsy as a regular next season. I really hope that we reaching the end of Caitlin's neverending Killer Frost drama.

Ugh, because it can't be said enough, I hate the new Flash suit. The material is stretchy and cheap looking. I miss the leather.

That has painfully been obvious for a while now. Cisco hasn't had a story in about 3 years. Caitlin story keep getting retcon. They're just giving them something to do instead of just being there.

You know since Carlos wasn't in an episode, I'm hoping Danielle misses one episode this season. I never understood why they appeared in EVERY episode. 

• Love 2

I want them to bring Gypsy back as a regular so Cisco can have a meaningful story. They can reunite and have a little Vibe baby. Like Barry and Iris, Cisco and Gypsy are at the age where they should be ready to settle down. Baby Josh/Dante can grow up with the West-Allen twins. Caitlin can be by herself since love doesn't seem to be in her future. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Speaking of that, I have a theory. I think future Iris probably cut off all contact with Cisco and Caitlin.

Either that or Cisco and Caitlin aren't alive in Nora's time. In the S4 opener, Nora said she knew who Cisco and Caitlin were. Nora seems to just know about them from the Flash museum. She didn't even lovingly call them auntie Cait or uncle Cisco like a kid would do to really close friends of her parents. 

We also know from the S3 episode in Jitters that Nora was meeting Caitlin and Harry for the first time. That was a huge clue that Cait and perhaps Cicso aren't in Nora's life in the future.

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

They must be running out of story if they now having Cisco and Caitlin coming up with a cure for meta-humans.

Let me get this straight? After the hell Cait put the team through to get back her meta powers, she and Cisco are now looking for a meta cure? Even if it's for other metas, this smacks of hypocrisy.

Edited by adora721
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

In the same vein, why doesn't anyone tell Nora that Killer Frost tried to help murder her mother, her father, Cisco, her sorta grandmother Cecile, and did help murder HR Wells? And, of course, Nora should know that Caitlin also tried to murder her father and Cisco. Nora deserves those truths as well IMO.

Edited by adora721

Maybe Caitlin isn't in Nora's life, but she mentioned Cisco Ramon always cutting the tension with a joke in the first episode of season five. That sounds like someone she knows and interacted with, not someone she has heard about. I don't trust Nora's version of what is happening in the future anyway.

I still find it difficult to accept that everyone is so chill with Nora staying in the past and disrupting the timeline. I would expect Cisco at least to insist she go back to the future. Goodness knows how much damage she is doing to their futures. She is likely helping Thawne get closer to his goal of destroying Barry.  

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Maybe Caitlin isn't in Nora's life, but she mentioned Cisco Ramon always cutting the tension with a joke in the first episode of season five. That sounds like someone she knows and interacted with, not someone she has heard about.

I agree it's possible that Nora knows Cisco personally, but it's how Nora mentioned it, "Cisco Ramon; always breaking the tension with a joke." That sounds like something Papa Joe would have told her about him (not necessarily something Nora witnessed). Cisco has worked with CCPD, so someone from the station might have mentioned Cisco's quick wit to the museum curator, too. However, Nora is more likely to know Ralph since he's Barry's BFF in the comics.

Edited by adora721
6 minutes ago, adora721 said:

I agree it's possible that Nora knows Cisco personally, but it's how Nora mentioned it, "Cisco Ramon; always breaking the tension with a joke." That sounds like something Papa Joe would have told her about him (not necessarily something Nora witnessed). Cisco has worked with CCPD, so someone from the station might have mentioned Cisco's quick wit to the museum curator, too. However, Nora is more likely to know Ralph since he's Barry's BFF in the comics.

But in the Geoff Johns' version of The Flash, Hal Jordan is Barry's BFF. Even thought Johns wrote 52 comics featuring Elongated Man, I don't think he includes him in any of his Flash comics so it is difficult to use the comics as a guide for who Iris and the Wests would remain close to with Barry gone. It does seem likely that Cisco developed the power dampener and Caitlin inserted it, then again, it could have been ARGUS.  

3 hours ago, adora721 said:

Either that or Cisco and Caitlin aren't alive in Nora's time. In the S4 opener, Nora said she knew who Cisco and Caitlin were. Nora seems to just know about them from the Flash museum. She didn't even lovingly call them auntie Cait or uncle Cisco like a kid would do to really close friends of her parents. 

We also know from the S3 episode in Jitters that Nora was meeting Caitlin and Harry for the first time. That was a huge clue that Cait and perhaps Cicso aren't in Nora's life in the future.

Let me get this straight? After the hell Cait put the team through to get back her meta powers, she and Cisco are now looking for a meta cure? Even if it's for other metas, this smacks of hypocrisy.

I'm sure, at this point, the writes forgot about it.

Maybe Caitlin isn't in Nora's life, but she mentioned Cisco Ramon always cutting the tension with a joke in the first episode of season five. That sounds like someone she knows and interacted with, not someone she has heard about. I don't trust Nora's version of what is happening in the future anyway.

I still find it difficult to accept that everyone is so chill with Nora staying in the past and disrupting the timeline. I would expect Cisco at least to insist she go back to the future. Goodness knows how much damage she is doing to their futures. She is likely helping Thawne get closer to his goal of destroying Barry.  

To be fair, Nora has been in the past for awhile before officially introducing herself to them. She could've observed Cisco and saw that about him.

First off - Why is the marketing being so weird? I'm used to the description, photos, and TV promos not matching, but it seems especially pronounced this time. And then these were put out late.

I'm guessing the the first promo was more of a 'sizzle' reel of the next three(?) episodes that was mislabeled. The scenes of the Flash museum don't look like they are in 5.10.

Anyway, Wheeler and Gates as writers, and McWhirter as director have done some of the better episodes, so that's encouraging for 5.10.

While Nora grapples with the revelation that Thawne killed her grandmother, ...

As noted, this shouldn't be a revelation to Nora. And again this brings up the question (which the show needs to answer soon) of what is the status of 'Team Flash' in the future? It was mentioned that Future Iris was closed off and didn't want to talk about Barry, but what about everyone else?? And what about stuff that's just public record?? ::sigh::

Anyway, I'd assumed that scene with Thawne in the promo was in this episode, but now I'm not so sure.

... Team Flash must stop the formidable team-up of a newly sprung from jail Weather Witch (guest star Reina Hardesty) and Silver Ghost (guest star Gabrielle Walsh), a new meta-tech villain who can control engines and motorized technology. ...

I appreciate the commitment to more female villains, but this sounds forgettable. Weather Witch should have had a better intro last time she was here. And BTW, Silver Ghost is the name of an obscure DC villain, but this version doesn't resemble the comic character.

... Meanwhile, Caitlin and Cisco discuss creating a meta-human cure.

...And (platonic) KillerVibe have their own sideplot. From the photos, it looks like it's actually Cisco/Caitlin/Killer Frost discussing a cure. Well, they should already have a headstart with the cure they had for Caitlin at the end of Season 3 (which I'm sure the writers have forgotten, or they want us to forget exists). It seems odd that this is being brought up in an episode without metahuman villains, unless it's mostly about Caitlin/Killer Frost?

Or maybe this arc leads to the power dampening chip in the future?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2