Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

My problem wasn't the fact that they didn't get along - who knows what the deal was there.  My problem was his insistence on trying to continue the show without her.  Yes, it wasn't only him, but the show always revolved around the two of them, and it came across as extremely arrogant (to me) to think they could continue the show just focused on him.  

It was a dumb idea but he always came across to me as super attached to a many of the other people he worked with (actors and behind the scenes people) so I could understand him wanting it not to end and yes, it was a terrible idea but he's an actor, I blame the showrunners for not stomping dumb ideas out when they are brought up.  

28 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

First, LOL. Second, seeing Kristen and Jason together made me weep softly. Ilovethemsofuckingmuch.

Aww!  This is lovely.  (And hilarious.  I didn't realize it was anything but a picture at first, the play arrow didn't show up)

Doring is on iZombie and I honestly don't know if he's supposed to be considered a bad guy or not because he plays him IMO so sympathetic and multilayered.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

First, LOL. Second, seeing Kristen and Jason together made me weep softly. Ilovethemsofuckingmuch.

Lol. This is so cute. I was so confused in the beginning 'cause both Kristen and Jason are regulars on their own shows and I was wondering how they'd work that out with a new season of VM. Haha! Speaking of the shows they're currently on, Dohring on iZombie always confuses me because, holy forks, he's so buff now! Like, dude's probably bigger than Major now and he's always wearing the tightest-fitting Filmore-Graves shirts. Heh. Also, I wish more people watched The Good Place because it is one of the best comedies around and I love absolutely everyone on that cast.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I can't even play this clip right now but I liked it anyway cause VMars.

• Love 2

The show-runner for The Rookie is Alexi Hawley, one of the guys responsible for the tanking of Castle.

I heard that Fillion went to bat for the two guys (Seamus Deaver and Jon Esposito) in the "I'll resign if you resign the boys too" but as well as Beckett, Lani the ME got canned.  Were they going to replace Lani with another man?

So between that and being tired of Fillion's schtick, I was really wondering if I should watch the new show.  The age-inappropriate love interest is kind of the icing on the cake.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Doring is on iZombie and I honestly don't know if he's supposed to be considered a bad guy or not because he plays him IMO so sympathetic and multilayered.  

He does this with all of characters, which is why I adore him. I can't imagine Logan being anything other than that original OPJ if anyone other than Jason had played him. Yet, he turned Logan into someone I always sympathized with and found interesting even when he when he was at peak asshole. 

And I'm shocked FOX cancelled Brooklyn Nine-Nine. My Twitter TL is a virtual wake right now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I wonder what the chances are of someone else picking it up.  Apparently it's an NBCUniversal production, not a Fox production.  Maybe NBC could pick it up? 

And pair it with Good Place! Give me an all Schur schedule! 

• Love 4

On the plus side, B99 is seriously trending because a lot of people are pissed. Fox can't ignore the popularity of this show. Not that I expect them to pull a Timeless and actually renew it, but maybe another network will at least give it a chance to conclude the series properly? If New Girl could have a final season, why can't B99? 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

maybe another network will at least give it a chance to conclude the series properly?

If any network picked it up (and I know that's a big IF - not trying to promote false hope), it would be probably be NBC. It's a Universal TV production, so..."in house" so to speak, and NBC has also been the home of most of Michael Schur's comedies (in fact, they just picked up a new one from him).  But....I guess we'll see.  

• Love 1

What ratings was it getting to get cancelled? I know Fox is not very tolerant! Someone was speculating that the Resident needed to stay over 1 to get renewed. They didn't but got renewed anyway but seems like Fox is pretty ruthless when it comes to ratings!

It chopped Dollhouse and Tru Calling! I am not quite over that! 

I hope that's true! I can see it going to hulu, since they already have the series streaming there. B99 is one of those rare shows that just keeps me happy.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What ratings was it getting to get cancelled? I know Fox is not very tolerant! Someone was speculating that the Resident needed to stay over 1 to get renewed. They didn't but got renewed anyway but seems like Fox is pretty ruthless when it comes to ratings!

It chopped Dollhouse and Tru Calling! I am not quite over that! 

I think it was in the 1 million range, which isn't great, but it's not like Fox has really high ratings like ABC or NBC. But it's still a critical acclaimed show, clearly evident by the outrage over the cancellation.

There's a theory going around that, with Last Man Standing possibly getting picked up on Fox, and their ordering of two new multi camera comedies, they're trying to stray in that direction by canceling basically every comedy. The comedies Fox has picked up seem to fit with the older demographic, so I'm not sure how successful their attempt is going to be.

Also, this reply from Ken (pursuit23) has drastically lowered points:

I think as long as the resident can maintain to stay 0.8/0.9and do well with live +3/7 it'll be safe. I love that show, so I am happy it was renewed.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oh you poor thing! Is your Gotham getting renewed? Is that on Fox?

I haven't heard about Gotham yet but they're willing to cancel the critically acclaimed Brooklyn 99 so it's probably toast.  And Gotham's far less likely to get shopped around than B99.

4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

With all the revivals coming out, it doesn't seem impossible. Besides Kristen being the lead on another show that is amazing. 

(edited)

It's been a while since I subject you guys to one of these! Lookie at what arrived today!

My mother's day present as organised by me! I am not one to sit around and stew and wait for the boys to buy me a bad gift so I buy myself a fabulous gift and they make me one from the heart! 

It's a 6 carat tourmaline in an asscher cut, set in rose gold! 

20180511_123607-jpg.627098 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

There better be a bidding war over this slice of joy!

Looks like the bidding war has started. I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I hope one of these outlets really does come through and revives B99. I wonder if the execs at Fox are kicking themselves at the outpouring of support for the show? It's been a few hours since the announcement and the show is still trending worldwide.

• Love 3

People have found some possible proof of which CW pilots have been ordered to series (there are seven) through official Twitter accounts(or supposed official accounts), and I'm kind of excited. But that means most of their shows will be 13-16 episodes. Hopefully it's not the shows I like. 

Most importantly, Charmed is getting picked up and as a huge Charmed fan, I'm both excited and nervous about the reboot. 

I also get more and more nervous about ABC's Deception possibly getting cancelled. After Brooklyn Nine-Nine, I can't have my second favourite show this season being cancelled as well, especially since there's no chance of it being picked up by another network.

• Love 1

The show I was most nervous about was Good Girls on NBC. It got renewed a couple days ago. The first season is an easy binge. I recommend you guys check it out.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Wow, seven new shows, and eleven renewals (so far).  That will make their schedule interesting.

I think I heard that all of their freshman shows will only get 13 episodes. I think that's just a rumour, but if they renew iZombie, then that's about 19 shows airing next season. So yeah, I could see them sticking to a 13 episode season for their seven freshman shows. 

I get why they ordered more pilots, though. Let's face it; the last two years, they haven't had a good success rate with their freshman shows. I can see them trying a whole bunch more to see if they can renew more than one or two this season. Plus, they're capitalizing on reboots and spinoffs on top of original new shows. 

• Love 2

Aww man. I've been slowly binge watching Lucifer for the first time (halfway through season 2 now) and though I haven't heard great things about season 3, I was looking forward to maybe getting the chance to watch season 4 live. 

Fox sucks.

(edited)

Assuming Gotham and Lethal Weapon (both WB) also get cancelled, that means Fox will have no non-Fox productions on their network next season.  All the new shows they've picked up have been 20th Century Fox Productions.  Consequence of the sale to Disney maybe?

Edited by Starfish35