Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

The chore of having blood lust = the next episode which usually isn't as good lmfao

I'm confused because some episodes are great even if the one before it was great. I wouldn't give the LP a high rating for an episode for one it gives the LP too much credit and two it reminds me of the LoA, which is the last thing I need on a weekly poll is to be reminded of the LoA.

(edited)

You're starting to take this stuff too seriously ':)

I agree about 1 being either the wig or that damn coat (since we can't put in buckles) =terrible

5: Baby Sara. (On a bike).

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, looptab said:

You're starting to take this stuff too seriously ':)

I agree about 1 being either the wig or that damn coat (since we can't put in buckles) =terrible

Yep lol this is just for fun!

BUT YES BURN THAT COAT

• Love 2

3 - As meh as Alex dying. 

As uninteresting as a masked Ghost.

As bland as another abandoned warehouse.

2- As disappointing as the Green Arrow's clam shell sleeves. 

As unwelcome as a pair of crossed arms.

As irritating as too many bee puns.

• Love 1

1. Flash back wig (smelly, dirty and most definitely has bugs)

5. Lipstick matches your nail polish (meh, an effort was made but in the end it was pretty useless.)

10. Sally (a goal everyone wants to accomplish but, in the end, few achieve. Profection.

(edited)

Achieving Sally is a goal that only few people have achieved, yet so many have wanted it. It should deserve a spot on the list.

2. As bad as useless wardrobe adornments - grommets, buckles & shoulder pads. The show does have multiple offenders of style choices.

The MM brainwashing is pretty good one, considering the horribleness of some episodes, I'd much rather be brainwashed by MM.

Edited by kismet

1. Missed the target and accidentally killed an innocent bystander instead

2. Missed the target and lost the arrow

3. Glanced off the edge of the target

4. Hit the target!

5. Bullseye!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Ceylon5 said:

4. Hit the target!

5. Bullseye!

1) Missed the target and hit Felicity's computer (beware of her wrath) :p

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's going to be difficult to make the ratings specifically Arrow-relevant, in a subjective way, when there are a variety of opinions in this forum.

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, Ceylon5 said:

4. Hit the target!

5. Bullseye!

7 hours ago, wonderwall said:

1) Missed the target and hit Felicity's computer (beware of her wrath) :p

i like this list with the suggested change.

Although, i think we could add the "as bad as when PTV is offline" as a bonus level of ultimate suckage

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

I think Ceylon5's offer is the most objective, while still fitting theme-wise, even if it is a bit generic.

I agree, but now I really want:

"Worse than the baby mama drama"

That storyline was universally hated--by fans and critics.  The only person who liked it was SA, and in this case, he's just a big dumb dummy. Not that I'm bitter or anything. 

• Love 7
(edited)

New Joss Whedon project...

Joss Whedon Reveals Clues About His New, Non-Marvel Script (Exclusive)
Meriah Doty on May 22, 2016 @ 2:34 pm
http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-reveals-clues-about-his-new-non-marvel-script-exclusive/

Joss Whedon may be on a break from Marvel movies and comic book-branded TV shows, but Hollywood’s hottest director is definitely working on a script. And TheWrap has learned its basic premise.

“It is a story about a girl who goes through some unbelievable sh-t,” Whedon told TheWrap during an interview Saturday at the inaugural HeForShe Media Summit in Los Angeles, where he was honored for his work on behalf of women’s rights. “And that much is all I can say.”
“It is an original screenplay that is very different from everything I’ve ever done except for that it’s exactly the same,” Whedon said, almost speaking in code.

Whedon said he hopes to finish the script in the next couple months “if I could just get a little more traction on that third-act issue.
“It’s the first time in my life I’m writing without a sort of studio audience rating — without a plan,” he added. “I’m just writing about something I care about, so it’s a little terrifying and it’s taking a little longer. But I think it will be good!”

Edited by tv echo
54 minutes ago, tv echo said:

“It is a story about a girl who goes through some unbelievable sh-t,” Whedon told TheWrap during an interview Saturday at the inaugural HeForShe Media Summit in Los Angeles, where he was honored for his work on behalf of women’s rights. “And that much is all I can say.”

BtVS : The Comeback?

I suspected Joss was working on something original, but it's nice to have a confirmation (and to know it's female-centric, not that I doubted him). Not crazy about the movie format, but we'll see.

I do agree about the baby mama drama. That was some choice suckage.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

I think it's going to be difficult to make the ratings specifically Arrow-relevant, in a subjective way, when there are a variety of opinions in this forum.

Really, there shouldn't be any need to settle on just one set of "as than" or even a need to spell out what each of the numbers represent all the time.  I think it would be fun to assign something to each number at first, but people are savvy.  As long as they know which is best and which is worst, we'll figure out the rest.  And if the poll is going to be for each episode, it would make sense to perhaps (at least for future episodes) tailor the "as than"  to each episode.  Like in Monument Point clearly 1 would be Worse than a nuke going off in Havenrock while 5 might be As good as bad ass Baby Sara.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Slight change in subject . . . 

As S4 of Arrow draws to a close, I've been thinking about my excitement for the beginning of the season.  I remember the day of the season premiere so clearly, including how I wore my special Arrow outfit (forest green dress, arrow jewelry) and wished every single person I encountered "Happy Arrow Day!" Fine, I'm lame.

So in the spirit of looking back over the last season, I've been wondering what big things happened for you all while we've spent the last 9 months watching our show and meeting here to discuss every aspect.  I'll share my list, if you're interested.

So, previously, in this Arrow fangirl's life:

• I developed and taught two new courses at my university
  • I was promoted (twice!)
  • I bought a house
  • I lost my Grandpa
  • I was diagnosed with a life-changing disease 
  • I went to China
  • I donated 12 inches of my hair
  • I was nominated for a very prestigious award
  • I attended 3 different cultural New Years celebrations
  • I watched every single episode of Arrow!
  • Love 10
(edited)

That's a complicated list but seems from this POV, there's an awful lot of great things to balance the not so great. 

I'm not going to do a list because "My brother suddenly got married so he's going to eventually occupy our childhood home with his new blended family so I will be moving sometime in the future but don't know where or when" is about the only thing on it apart from watched every episode of Arrow. 

I did spend a few too many 3 am's looking at slow cooker recipes (thank's Oliver) until I decided eggs in a crock pot are pointless at which point I found a recipe for Dutch Pancakes (no slow cooker involved )which are super easy (but look impressive) and are yummy (especially when you add fruit) so I've really impressed some people a few times.  Have to credit Arrow for that one.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Hmm not much happened to me in the past year... I've been working on getting my MBA degree + part time job + a kid at home so it's been difficult doing anything else. Good news is, is that I'm going to be graduating very soon! Also I'm currently house-hunting in a more central location of my city when my company hires me to a full time position. 

It's been a rough/packed year, but glad to have fandom stuff to take my mind off of things for a bit :) Thank you all for entertaining me the past couple of years :)

• Love 8
(edited)

I did get a site is down for maintenance response before. I wasn't happy.

The test post was because David said we can use emoticons but I can't figure out the format

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think he said emoji, not emoticons (there is a difference, right?) ??

ETA: I posted that on iPhone, and the emoji show up there, but on PC, it's just empty boxes. 

Edited by Carrie Ann
(edited)

I thought so but when i google it they seem to be referred to interchangeably

What did you post that shows up in iPhone but not on PC?

I only post here on my android but can't get it to work.

????

Edited by Morrigan2575
20 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Hmm not much happened to me in the past year... I've been working on getting my MBA degree + part time job + a kid at home so it's been difficult doing anything else. Good news is, is that I'm going to be graduating very soon! Also I'm currently house-hunting in a more central location of my city when my company hires me to a full time position. 

It's been a rough/packed year, but glad to have fandom stuff to take my mind off of things for a bit :) Thank you all for entertaining me the past couple of years :)

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!  Yay!  And on the house-hunting!  I hope it's been fun.  In our market, it's been like a battle--houses are sold within 24 hours of hitting the market and everybody bids thousands over list price.  It's been a nightmare here, but I'm so glad we finally got the right one.

20 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

That's a complicated list but seems from this POV, there's an awful lot of great things to balance the not so great. 

I'm not going to do a list because "My brother suddenly got married so he's going to eventually occupy our childhood home with his new blended family so I will be moving sometime in the future but don't know where or when" is about the only thing on it apart from watched every episode of Arrow. 

I did spend a few too many 3 am's looking at slow cooker recipes (thank's Oliver) until I decided eggs in a crock pot are pointless at which point I found a recipe for Dutch Pancakes (no slow cooker involved )which are super easy (but look impressive) and are yummy (especially when you add fruit) so I've really impressed some people a few times.  Have to credit Arrow for that one.  

Admittedly, I'm a list person, but I was amazed by how much has happened in my life since Oliver and Felicity were in Ivy Town. Arrow is the one show I have time for, and this little online community is my refuge. I'm a workaholic that gets frequent lectures from people about work/life balance, but I find it's more like work/life/Arrow balance for me! I'm so grateful for all of you!

Dutch Pancakes?!  I'm intrigued.  I've never heard of them, but you have me convinced that I need to track down the recipe--unless you want to share via post or PM?

• Love 1

You know,  I never use ignore.   Even when I absolutely can't stand the poster,  which thankfully doesn't happen too often here,  I still like to see what's being said.   I don't want to miss anything at all,  for example I hate getting to the board late and missing all the mod edited and hidden posts. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Delphi said:

You know,  I never use ignore.   Even when I absolutely can't stand the poster,  which thankfully doesn't happen too often here,  I still like to see what's being said.   I don't want to miss anything at all,  for example I hate getting to the board late and missing all the mod edited and hidden posts. 

I'm with you. Over my time on these boards, I've seen exactly three posters I wanted to ignore, but in one case, I've kinda-sorta mellowed out (or maybe vice versa) and I even occasionally give this person a like over their posts, in the second, I don't post in that forum often anymore, and in the third, well, I've learned to just smile instead of shaking my head.

• Love 1

Hee,  I love that I am about 90% sure we have the same list and ate in the exact same head space about it. 

9 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

I'm with you. Over my time on these boards, I've seen exactly three posters I wanted to ignore, but in one case, I've kinda-sorta mellowed out (or maybe vice versa) and I even occasionally give this person a like over their posts, in the second, I don't post in that forum often anymore, and in the third, well, I've learned to just smile instead of shaking my head.

I am sometimes tempted to use the ignore list - sometimes I feel like reading certain posts is an exercise in patience and endurance - but at the end I never put them on ignore because I don't want to miss anything as well. :)

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I also have a need to see what's being said, so much that even though I've got someone blocked, I'll occasionally peek at certain posts anyway. 

Honestly, I block mostly to keep myself out of trouble, because the first response that pops into my head to people that annoy me tend to be sarcastic and mean, and I need a buffer to keep me from posting it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

Heads up, everyone -- I went to put a user on ignore, and there's a new box to check -- and you now can ignore MENTIONS of said user as well. So not only the ignored user disappears, but also other people quoting them.

You can find your ignore list at http://forums.previously.tv/ignore/

Fanfreakingtastic! Am away to update my ignore list right now :)

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Hee,  I love that I am about 90% sure we have the same list and ate in the exact same head space about it. 

Not sure, none of them are regulars of Arrow discussions, I think.

Anyway, there's one additional reason to not use the ignore feature for me - I sometimes forget to quote the post I'm replying to if it's the last one on the page, so knowing this habit, ignoring can mess up the thread if the person I'm ignoring has posted the last. 

Edited by FurryFury
2 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Heads up, everyone -- I went to put a user on ignore, and there's a new box to check -- and you now can ignore MENTIONS of said user as well. So not only the ignored user disappears, but also other people quoting them.

You can find your ignore list at http://forums.previously.tv/ignore/

AWESOME! It really didn't help to block some people and then still see their posts quoted.

• Love 1

Speaking of finales: Nashville, which I admit that I totally mock-watch because it's so dumb and stupid and ridiculous it ~transcends~, was officially canceled last week. BUT THEY ENDED THE FINALE IN A CLIFFHANGER -- even though they shot a non-cliffhanger-y version of the final scene too. Because Lionsgate believes a cliffhanger will help sell the show to a different platform.

I. just. LOL.

• Love 1

I dropped Nashville waaay back in season 1 when it became 100% clear it's going to be a soap opera and not an actual drama it (at first) aspired to be. I liked some of the actors and the music, but soap operas just aren't my thing.