Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I was a huge fan of OTH but this sadly doesn't surprise me in the least.

I'm not a fan of OTH, and even this doesn't shock me.  I remember in one of the old Meet Markets on TWoP, somebody posted some stuff about that dude that was public knowledge, and it was beyond creepy how obsessed he was with Hilarie Burton.

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't really follow Sophia Bush, but each time I come across her statements is a treat. I love how savage she grew up to be.

She's also retweeting support from some male cast members. So far I caught Lee Norris, Austin Nichols and James Lafferty.

There's also this from Hilarie Burton and Kate Voegele.

The comments after that Variety article are beyond disturbing.  So many blaming the women for not saying anything sooner and flat out saying they were happy to get paid for their silence.  No they got paid to be an actor, they were blackmailed into silence with threats about everyone losing their jobs or being blacklisted.  And then there were the ones that tried explaining away the horrid stuff this guy did, a couple claiming it should be seen as romantic and the dude should get our pity for being rejected by the women!   YIKES     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The comments after that Variety article are beyond disturbing.  So many blaming the women for not saying anything sooner and flat out saying they were happy to get paid for their silence.  No they got paid to be an actor, they were blackmailed into silence with threats about everyone losing their jobs or being blacklisted.  And then there were the ones that tried explaining away the horrid stuff this guy did, a couple claiming it should be seen as romantic and the dude should get our pity for being rejected by the women!   YIKES     

Aw, that lovely stalkers are the world's biggest romantics outlook.

• Love 1

It's really hard to keep up with all the dirt that is coming out.

Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me When I Was 17

This part is just so sad:

But the bad news is Brenda* [my supervisor] said it's too bad it became an issue. Hell, I didn't make it an issue. He did. She said that for the sake of the production we have to sacrifice some of our values and just let it roll over our heads. She said we should try to have a sense of humor and just giggle and slap his hands or something. 

I have a question that I think only my fannish friends would truly understand.  I am a B level crime novel writer--I'm in some bookstores but you won't have seen me on any bestseller lists.  My writing group partner has just published a dytopian sci-fi novel that is getting some acclaim, but she is still a debut, so neither of us are big draw. We are both published by different divisions of a big five publisher.  Our publisher would like us to do an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit.  My reddit account is "thegirlsleuth", just like every fannish account I've ever had.  I know that the age of an account matters on Reddit. I don't visit the Arrow board or do anything fannish on Reddit--the only board I'm active on is the true crime page r/unresolvedmysteries (which is awesome and well moderated, by the way).  Should I change my Reddit name to a brand new account with my real name or should I keep my fannish name?  Most of my fannish life consists of bitching about superheros in green leather pants, so there's nothing scandalous.

2 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I have a question that I think only my fannish friends would truly understand.  I am a B level crime novel writer--I'm in some bookstores but you won't have seen me on any bestseller lists.  My writing group partner has just published a dytopian sci-fi novel that is getting some acclaim, but she is still a debut, so neither of us are big draw. We are both published by different divisions of a big five publisher.  Our publisher would like us to do an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit.  My reddit account is "thegirlsleuth", just like every fannish account I've ever had.  I know that the age of an account matters on Reddit. I don't visit the Arrow board or do anything fannish on Reddit--the only board I'm active on is the true crime page r/unresolvedmysteries (which is awesome and well moderated, by the way).  Should I change my Reddit name to a brand new account with my real name or should I keep my fannish name?  Most of my fannish life consists of bitching about superheros in green leather pants, so there's nothing scandalous.

Not sure what the best thing to do. I've heard some scary things about Reddit, but have no evidence about them either way. I guess for me I would probably create a new account name, so that my professional identity would not be linked with my for fun fannish account. I don't know if it needs to be your real name, perhaps it can be something connected/derived from your novels. If you get positive attention from a Reddit account for your novel then awesome, but if the attention becomes negative, I wouldn't want to see it impact your other fannish activities.

Good luck! Have you been able to get onto Goodreads? That appears to be a safe space for novels & book lovers. I actually had the author of one of the books I gave a brief review to like my post and I thought it was cool. I might consider reading more stuff from him as a result of his interaction with my post.

• Love 1

Thanks, all.  I struggled with this just because I know that Reddit treats new accounts in a different way than old accounts but I think creating a new account with a new name is a good idea.  I'll check with my publicist, but I don't know if she would understand how my connection to fannish culture might be an issue.

I have done Q&As on Goodreads, @kismet.  I like the site and before I was published I used to use it to keep track of my own read books, and have done a few Q&As.  I try not to visit too often so I don't get thrown off by reader comments.  Some of them are so lovely, but if I'm having a tough writing day a harsh review can be hard to take. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Thanks, all.  I struggled with this just because I know that Reddit treats new accounts in a different way than old accounts but I think creating a new account with a new name is a good idea.  I'll check with my publicist, but I don't know if she would understand how my connection to fannish culture might be an issue.

I have done Q&As on Goodreads, @kismet.  I like the site and before I was published I used to use it to keep track of my own read books, and have done a few Q&As.  I try not to visit too often so I don't get thrown off by reader comments.  Some of them are so lovely, but if I'm having a tough writing day a harsh review can be hard to take. 

I've spent a bit of time since this summer over on the Arrow Reddit. (Occasionally I like a challenge) and I use the same user name there as here and really everywhere else as well.  I've found most of what people say about Reddit true, but I've never had any kind of harassment follow me back from Reddit.  (They are already lurking here and reporting back anyway).

That said, I don't see the harm in creating a new account.  Your posts on a longer existing account weigh more but I don't think people attending an "aks the author anything" would automatically expect the author to have an established account.  

You could also create an account and then go on a quick commenting spree.  I think the reputation points matter more than anything so a bunch of neutral posts would start racking up those points.

• Love 1

Yeah, they should have. There were several states here in the US that put the issue up for referendum, and even though they were successful, I still think it's gross to put people's rights up for a vote.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, they should have. There were several states here in the US that put the issue up for referendum, and even though they were successful, I still think it's gross to put people's rights up for a vote.

And yet, if the referendums hadn't happened, who knows how long it would have been before the question even went to the Supreme Court.  It's messy and complicated for sure. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Sigh...

It's Official: 'Lord of the Rings' TV Series Gets Multiple-Season Commitment at Amazon
NOVEMBER 13, 2017 10:12am PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/official-lord-rings-tv-series-gets-multiple-season-commitment-at-amazon-1057486

The retail giant and streaming outlet announced Monday that it has acquired global television rights to the Lord of the Rings franchise, based on the best-selling novels by J.R.R. Tolkien. Amazon has handed out a multiple-season commitment. The LOTR TV series will be produced in-house at Amazon Studios alongside the Tolkien Estate and Trust, publisher HarperCollins and Warner Bros. Entertainment's New Line Cinema. A writer has not yet been attached.

Amazon's LOTR series will be set in Middle-earth and explore new storylines preceding Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal includes a potential additional spinoff series. 
In anticipation of the push, Amazon Studios has been in the midst of canceling a wave of programming including Z: The Beginning of Everything and The Last Tycoon. Following sexual harassment allegations, Amazon Studios head Roy Price resigned from the company last month. His head of drama and comedy Joe Lewis was pushed out as he faced conflict-of-interest allegations, among others. Amazon Studios COO Albert Cheng has taken over for Price on an interim basis, with Tal Yguado now overseeing drama and comedy and charged with finding a Game of Thrones-level franchise for Amazon Studios. 

The news comes as multiple outlets have been looking for a large-scale hit a la HBO's Thrones as the mandate to cut through a cluttered landscape of more than 500 scripted originals continues to grow. On that side, Disney announced last week that it is developing a live-action Star Wars TV series for its upcoming SVOD platform as other outlets look to compete with streaming giant Netflix.

Edited by tv echo

Pic of my latest project that has just been completed! 

Back story of this is that Hubby and I have this long running joke about how in our next lifetime he gets to be a girl and I MUST propose with a giant pink diamond set in rose gold that is obviously pink (he's fussy about his pinks). I keep telling him that it's going to cost the earth and I won't be able to afford it as chances are I'm not going to be a mogul in the next life either. He's adamant that I need to buy him his dream ring or he won't marry me because he bought me my dream ring in this lifetime.

So as joke I bought a honking 5 carat zircon (which actually has a refractive index that is comparable to diamonds), designed and commissioned this ring in rose gold! I told him I'm going to bury it with him and propose with it in our next lifetime. 

alFO2dZrqYKv1AHUjkWFPL47qTah7G9oYyzI27y_

• Love 8

I blame (credit) you for the Brilliant Earth Ads that now populate my Previously visits.  And yes they have such pretty stuff (if you can toss out $4 to 24k).

New ring looks very pretty!  He's a lucky man.  ;D  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Question for you, gem master @Mellowyellow.  In her recent photoshoot, Emily is wearing a pair of earrings with a pale green gem.  I know she's worn them before--I remember seeing them in a photo with Colton. Any idea what stone they are?  I seem to like green gems--I have earrings in both emerald and tourmaline--and I like the pale green color of her earrings.

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Question for you, gem master @Mellowyellow.  In her recent photoshoot, Emily is wearing a pair of earrings with a pale green gem.  I know she's worn them before--I remember seeing them in a photo with Colton. Any idea what stone they are?  I seem to like green gems--I have earrings in both emerald and tourmaline--and I like the pale green color of her earrings.

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE green gems!!! I would love to see pics of your earrings! A green tourmaline is on my list of stones to own, along with a tsavorite and an nice jade cabochon! I've just gotten into coloured gems in the last few years, after I fell in love with yellow diamonds. 

So I went and examined EBR's earrings and I think they are peridots. They look like a yellowish green to me and most peridots tend to be that colour.

Something like this:

http://jefferydavies.com/categories/peridot/

Usually it will look lighter in more candid pictures. 

Or they could be chrysoberyl but I do think it's more likely they are peridots.

https://www.gemselect.com/other-info/about-chrysoberyl.php

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Totally random thought.  The CW should turn Pride and Prejudice into a high school dramedy.  

But they can't have shipping wars because we'd know what the ending is. Lol unless they defy canon and have Mr Darcy NOT marry Lizzie! 

ETA: I preferred Emma to P&P. There is something about Mr Knightley and the silly happy Emma that I adore! I cannot resist any adaptation of it, although the 2009 BBC version was the most fabulous! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But they can't have shipping wars because we'd know what the ending is. Lol unless they defy canon and have Mr Darcy NOT marry Lizzie! 

ETA: I preferred Emma to P&P. There is something about Mr Knightley and the silly happy Emma that I adore! I cannot resist any adaptation of it, although the 2009 BBC version was the most fabulous! 

Well they already did a modern day Emma with Clueless.  So I see your point. :D

But just because everyone knows the ending doesn't mean there wouldn't be shipping wars, lol. And if breaking the ship is worth it, Eliza and the cute IT boy all the way! 

• Love 1

'Lord of the Rings' Star Thinks JRR Tolkien Would Be "Spinning in His Grave" About TV Series
By PATRICK CAVANAUGH - November 15, 2017
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/11/15/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-john-rhys-davies-comments-jrr-tokien/

"Well, you know they have the money to do it. Why we quite need Lord Of The Rings as a TV series baffles me slightly," Rhys-Davies told Den of Geek. "I mean, poor Tolkien must be spinning in his grave."

Given the reception to the Hobbit trilogy, which paled in comparison to the success of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, many fans have seen this series as a financial opportunity instead of a creative one. Rhys-Davies shares this financially-motivated sentiment.

"This is the point you see - it’s not about doing it better, it’s about making more money, that’s all," the actor pointed out. "If they think they can make more money, then they will."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE green gems!!! I would love to see pics of your earrings! A green tourmaline is on my list of stones to own, along with a tsavorite and an nice jade cabochon! I've just gotten into coloured gems in the last few years, after I fell in love with yellow diamonds. 

So I went and examined EBR's earrings and I think they are peridots. They look like a yellowish green to me and most peridots tend to be that colour.

Something like this:

http://jefferydavies.com/categories/peridot/

Usually it will look lighter in more candid pictures. 

Or they could be chrysoberyl but I do think it's more likely they are peridots.

https://www.gemselect.com/other-info/about-chrysoberyl.php

Thank you!  I will try to take a good pic of the tourmaline--they are just studs in a simple setting.  I think that you may be right about the peridot.  I thought her earrings might be moldavite, but they definitely appear lighter.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is that the one with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller? I really liked that version! I'd never been a fan of Emma, she irritated the hell out of me but the version with Garai made me like her a lot. I think it helped that Knightley was played by Miller (quick anecdote: I saw him once in Manhattan, a friend and I were waiting outside the Public Theater, and he passed by loaded with shopping bags. He must have seen our eyes go big upon recognizing him and he gave us a great big smile). 

• Love 4

I've only seen the version of Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam.  I think I've seen about three versions of P&P though; the BBC version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, the Kiera Knightley version, and the old black and white version with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Totally random thought.  The CW should turn Pride and Prejudice into a high school dramedy.  

Go big or go home:

Austen Prep featuring modern retellings of Jane Austen's classic romances all within the walls of New England's most elite boarding school. Emma (Emily Bett Rickards) is the young, energetic, hopeless romantic new teacher and Mr. Knightley (Stephen Amell) is the older, world-weary but kind hearted co-worker. Elizabeth (Candice Patton) is her best friend and fellow teacher who is in an opposites attract situation with Mr. Darcy (Rick Cosnett) the young, wealthy owner of the school who has decided to move back to the town.

GIMME GIMME GIMME

• Love 8
11 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

There is a Pride and Prejudice based show in the pipeline for one of the networks. It's technically for the book Eligible which is a modern retelling of P&P. It's going to air on ABC. http://deadline.com/2017/09/eligible-abc-put-pilot-i-marlene-king-sherri-cooper-landsman-jennifer-levin-1202163842/

While I appreciate your idea and stand behind P&P being brought to TV as a dramedy. I'd like to see it land outside of high school, maybe college or early adulthood. It's just not the right story for high school, also I get bored with watching high school shows.

5 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Thank you!  I will try to take a good pic of the tourmaline--they are just studs in a simple setting.  I think that you may be right about the peridot.  I thought her earrings might be moldavite, but they definitely appear lighter.

I love the idea of earrings but in reality I am notorious for forgetting to change mine so there's no point in buying nice coloured stone wants even though that would open up a whole new world for me to play in (loll actually maybe that's not a good idea). I wear neutral diamond studs so they go with everything. Sometimes I remember and wear nice dangly ones! Hubby loves all the pretty dangly ones!

@SmallScreenDiva yes that's the version I'm talking about! I love Emma but I thought Romola Garai was especially charming! Her Emma came off as being less bratty but more naive and it was obvious her intentions were good even if she was interfering. I also thought Jonny Lee Miller was the best Knightley as well! OMG Must do a rewatch! 

I have never seen the Keira K version of P&P. Is it good? I just couldn't see Kiera K as Lizzie and there are so many good versions to watch. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I have never seen the Keira K version of P&P. Is it good? I just couldn't see Kiera K as Lizzie and there are so many good versions to watch. 

I didn't like it very much when I first saw it. To me, the Jennifer Ehle-Colin Firth version is the best. But I did start to appreciate the Kiera Knightley one later. It's a good ensemble and Matthew Macfadyen pines well ;) It grew on me.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Take that back! Don't put that out into the universe!  Another network yes. But the CW  nope.

Edited by LeighAn
30 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The 1995 one is more faithful to the book and has more charm but the 2005 version is very good as well. It's more cinematic and modern and not as faithful to the source material but doesn't disrespect the source material either. I think it adds a little more depth to Elizabeth and Darcy and a little more maturity and angst to their relationship. I think you'd like it just for the scene where Darcy proposes in the rain alone. 

I prefer both versions equally for different things but then again I also love Lost in Austen (BBC mini series) Pride Prejudice and Zombies Death comes to Pemeberley and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (web series) haha. I'll watch anything with P&P characters. I literally read the book at least once a year.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4

I really liked Lost In Austen too, and the Lizzie Bennett Diaries.

I remember an old BBC  version from 1967 with Celia Bannerman and Michael Gough (later Alfred in the Batman movies) as Mr. Bennett. I enjoyed it at the time but I have no Idea if it was any good.  It had Polly Adams as Jane Bennett.  Her daughter, Susannah Harker, played Jane in the 1995 version.

The Kiera Knightly movie gets a thumbs down from me because they took the plot of the book and made their own movie which seems like it took a lot from reality TV.  I saw it with a friend and I had to keep shushing her to stop laughing so loudly in the theatre.  The paint in the Bennett's house is peeling off the walls, to show that they're not as wealthy as they should be, there's a pig that wanders through the house to show that Mr. Bennett is a farmer (I don't remember that in the book), a swing is place artistically right in the middle of a gateway and anyone going by would have to push it aside, and Lizzie and her friend hide under the table to talk during the big party. The hundred tea lights while Darcy proposed looked like it was from an episode of Friends but the proposal in the rain to Lizzie who was wearing a nightgown and no robe over it was the worst for me.  It was just so 2005 instead of 18th century.  (I found the same problem with the film Tom Jones.  It's so 1963, even to the white lipstick on the women, that I can't take it as a version of the book.)  If they wanted to update it, they should have updated the whole story instead of leaving it in the 18th century but writing everything modern.

The old Greer Garson/Laurence Olivier version was the least like the book though.  I loved it and then I read the book and I couldn't watch it any more.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The old Greer Garson/Laurence Olivier version was the least like the book though.  I loved it and then I read the book and I couldn't watch it any more.

I still love it, even though I read the book after and learned how unfaithful to the book it was.  I still always have Garson and Olivier in my head when I think about Lizzie and Darcy.  And Maureen O'Sullivan as Jane, and Edna May Oliver as Lady Catherine de Bourgh.

I don't remember most of the Knightley version but I do remember cringing at that proposal in the rain scene.  

The BBC version with Ehle and Firth was the best, but somehow I still like the old one, even knowing now how much it got wrong.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really liked Lost In Austen too, and the Lizzie Bennett Diaries.

I remember an old BBC  version from 1967 with Celia Bannerman and Michael Gough (later Alfred in the Batman movies) as Mr. Bennett. I enjoyed it at the time but I have no Idea if it was any good.  It had Polly Adams as Jane Bennett.  Her daughter, Susannah Harker, played Jane in the 1995 version.

The Kiera Knightly movie gets a thumbs down from me because they took the plot of the book and made their own movie which seems like it took a lot from reality TV.  I saw it with a friend and I had to keep shushing her to stop laughing so loudly in the theatre.  The paint in the Bennett's house is peeling off the walls, to show that they're not as wealthy as they should be, there's a pig that wanders through the house to show that Mr. Bennett is a farmer (I don't remember that in the book), a swing is place artistically right in the middle of a gateway and anyone going by would have to push it aside, and Lizzie and her friend hide under the table to talk during the big party. The hundred tea lights while Darcy proposed looked like it was from an episode of Friends but the proposal in the rain to Lizzie who was wearing a nightgown and no robe over it was the worst for me.  It was just so 2005 instead of 18th century.  (I found the same problem with the film Tom Jones.  It's so 1963, even to the white lipstick on the women, that I can't take it as a version of the book.)  If they wanted to update it, they should have updated the whole story instead of leaving it in the 18th century but writing everything modern.

The tea lights were only in the American version and I think they were actually lamps and Elizabeth wasn't wearing a night gown in the 1st proposal in the rain scene. She was wearing a dress and bonnet. She was wearing a night gown at the end of the film where Darcy comes and sees her early in the morning after his Aunt comes to Longborne to have a go at Elizabeth. In the book Mr. Bennett does run an estate which would have had both tenant farmers and would have its own farming land itself. 

Mr. Bennett does run an estate but they would never have had a pig running loose in the house.  And since the most important in the life of a woman with moderate means was to marry well, there is no way Lizzie and Charlotte would have sat under a table at a social occasion or appeared in the presence of a man in a nightgown because it would have killed their chances of marriage. They might as well have "tied their garter in public".  All the anachronisms just pulled me out of the story.

Blake Shelton was named the sexiest man in the world.  This is hilarious.  You have to click on it to see all the suggestions.

8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@SmallScreenDiva yes that's the version I'm talking about! I love Emma but I thought Romola Garai was especially charming! Her Emma came off as being less bratty but more naive and it was obvious her intentions were good even if she was interfering. I also thought Jonny Lee Miller was the best Knightley as well! OMG Must do a rewatch!

That version was amazing!! I loved RG's Emma over Gwyneth Paltrow's, although I did like the overall movie. While I greatly enjoy Jonny Lee Miller's Knightley, I do think the Jeremy Northam in the film was a little more happier than JLM who seemed so sad & frustrated at points. But I think melancholic somberness is just a JLM thing. Overall, I do think the BBC version was better than the film because it felt more real. But the movie is good as well, it just reads differently. Although Alan Cumming was perfect Mr. Elton and I do think Toni Collette provided more depth to Harriet.

It grows on you. It's length is what makes it good. You can watch it in a few hours, as opposed to a whole afternoon. They cut out a lot of good parts. It really trims the story down. Matthew MacFayden is a good Darcy though, he imbues him with more shyness than snobbery. That being said nobody I think will ever be as good of a Darcy as Colin Firth, the man was put on this Earth to play that man to perfection.

Kiera K as Lizzie also grows on you. She brings more of Lizzie's stubbornness out. But she does a good job in the limited time she is able to play with the character.

The scenery and shots in the movie are just gorgeous. There is a morning scene with mist and it is beyond magical! It definitely is not canon to the novel but it is so beautiful and romantic that you forgive it. Also there is lovely balcony scene at the end, that is everything you didn't think you wanted.

While the BBC version is far superior, there is some good qualities to the Keira Knightley version that make it a worthwhile watch.

• Love 4

It's not that I don't find Blake Shelton sexy in his own way. I just literally do not understand why he was the Sexiest Man Alive this year. Usually that title goes to someone with a big project to promote or someone who has achieved something big. All Blake Shelton has done in the past year is be a judge on the same show for multiple years. I mean I think he might have put out an album, but that is certainly not enough. '

It baffles my mind for the simplistic reasons, nevermind the deeper or more sociocultural reasons. So while I do think they should have tried to give the award to someone else for a variety of far more serious reasons, I definitely think they have yet to prove for even simple reasons why it's Blake Shelton's year. I mean literally almost anybody else could have been more or at least equally deserving of the title.

• Love 1

Reached my fanfic/exercise my brain quota for the week so tucking into cake and watching P&P 2005 like you guys recommended! 

PS: Just watched the rain scene! OMG KISS!!!! JUST KISS!!!!!!!!

LOVE Darcy in the 2005 version!

PPS: Really enjoyed that! I think you guys prepared me for it so I didn't mind the slightly different take it had to the BBC version. I liked Kiera K quite a bit in it too and Rosamund Pike made a lovely Jane. One of the prettiest Jane's ever imo.

I enjoyed the ending instead of the double wedding but I did miss Mrs Bennett's comment about how Lizzie had more money than Jane that they had in the BBC version (something about poor Jane only 5,000 pounds a year or the like). That comment always tickled me! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5