Lisin
  • Start Topic

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, looptab said:

Eh, that's what Milo Manara is famous and gets praise for. :/

And then you have Alex Ross, he is famous and gets praise for his amazing artwork.  He does the artwork for even a variant cover, that comic is selling out quickly and people will want it on the secondary market.  So look at it this way, those 2 who are drawing that crap combined don't even come close to having the impact or moving the number of comics that Alex Ross does.

So at the end of the day, those 2 have drawings that are liked by some, but a guy like Alex Ross has drawings that are liked by all.  Ross will stand the test of time, these drawings by Cho and Manara won't even come close to somebody like Ross.

I didn't mean that since Manara is famous I appreciate his work, nor do I have the knowledge to compare him to other artists. I simply meant that that drawing didn't surprise me, given who it came from.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Whoa...so how does one go about becoming a Nielsen Family?

They contact you.  Nielsens sent me a postcard this spring saying they would be sending me some info soon, and then I never heard back.  A month or two ago I received an envelope with $5 and a quick survey to fill out and return.  I sent that back and received the viewing booklets (one for each TV in the house) and $30 in an envelope yesterday.  Technically, I could just keep the money and throw the booklets in the garbage, but I'd like to give my shows whatever help in ratings that I can.

Seen on Twitter.  This just really made me laugh.

1 hour ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

They contact you.  Nielsens sent me a postcard this spring saying they would be sending me some info soon, and then I never heard back.  A month or two ago I received an envelope with $5 and a quick survey to fill out and return.  I sent that back and received the viewing booklets (one for each TV in the house) and $30 in an envelope yesterday.  Technically, I could just keep the money and throw the booklets in the garbage, but I'd like to give my shows whatever help in ratings that I can.

Did you apply to be a Nielsen family or do they just randomly select you?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Did you apply to be a Nielsen family or do they just randomly select you?

You don't apply.  They just randomly choose you, I guess, and send you the survey in the mail.  My grandma got chosen  years ago, and I had to fill out the booklet for her.  If I recall correctly, the booklets were the same then as they are now, ha. 

49 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I want the Cubs to win. Because they're really good. Because they've been waiting forever. Because I can't bear for Terry Francona to win another World Series (last one is the pettiest of petty, I know).

Red Sox fan? 

Edited by lemotomato
34 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yankees fan.

But Cleveland has the beyond awesome Andrew Miller, who never should have lost the Closer role to Chapman.

As a fellow Yankees fan, just remember this, no matter who wins the World Series, either Francona or Theo will reverse another curse after being shoved out by the Red Sox.  Both guys deserved to end their runs in Boston on their own terms, they ended the Red Sox 86 year drought, they should have gotten to go out their own way.  They were screwed by Boston, and they're doing what they did for Boston just somewhere else.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yankees fan.

But you guys have 27 WS titles! lol

I'm rooting for the Cubs because they have the better story and I want the lovely fans I met on my visit to Wrigley years ago to have something happy. I might also still holding a grudge against Cleveland for what happened in the NBA Finals this year. (That's my petty reason :) )

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

Letting Terry Francona go was not the best of decisions for the Red Sox... He is the only reason I would want Cleveland to win. And I'd rather not talk about Theo that was also a sad day in Boston for me. Local boy does good and breaks the curse only to get the curb :( Sports is a business, but there is something to be said for loyalty and heart.

I would love to see the Cubs win because they deserve to have their longstanding pain end. It's been awhile for Cleveland, but when a drought hits 3 numbers it's time for the suffering to end. GO Cubs! If they win, I wonder how many cemeteries will be getting some new decorations and celebrations.

42 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

But you guys have 27 WS titles! lol

I'm rooting for the Cubs because they have the better story and I want the lovely fans I met on my visit to Wrigley years ago to have something happy. I might also still holding a grudge against Cleveland for what happened in the NBA Finals this year. (That's my petty reason :) )

I still feel bad for the guy that went for the foul ball and ended up being blamed for the Cubs not going to the World Series in 2004.  Maybe if they finally win, then the press will stop putting his name in every article about why the Cubs haven't won.  

• Love 1

Randall really is different than his siblings, in that he doesn't have a horrid taste in romantic partners. I did not think expect a bigger asshole than Toby, but the actress, I'm blanking on the name right now, really takes the cake. I can't say I ever liked her, but the crap she pulled in this episode is disgusting.

Oh, but Randall, both baby and grown up, is the cutest. I loved him spinning in the chair at the end. Also, the tie is how you do transition shots, Arrow, if you want to do them. 

I am getting a bit tired of 

Spoiler

the vagueness of the time of Jack's passing. What's the point?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I feel like it's fate for this World Series to reach 7 games. Anything less would have been anticlimactic.

I was rooting for a Game 7. That's always my rooting interest when my team isn't in a championship series, be it baseball, basketball or hockey. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jediknight said:

But Cleveland has the beyond awesome Andrew Miller, who never should have lost the Closer role to Chapman.

I don't really care who wins but I would get a kick out of Chapman (don't like that guy at all) giving up a walk off dinger ...or better yet, he's loaded the bases, and throws a 105 MPH wild pitch which walks in the winning run. 

Just now, Coop33 said:

Go Cubs Go!! I feel good about the game, but I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that the Cubs could win the World Series today. Absolutely unreal.

I know that feeling. The first time the Broncos won the SB was like WHOAAAAAA.  Granted it was not 108 year differential but still.  I get where you are coming from :).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jediknight said:

I really liked Andrew Miller and wish the Yanks never traded him. But team is rebuilding now. At least he got to the World Series and may even win a ring tonight.

I live in Northern Illinois, so I want the Cubs to win even though I don't watch sports ever.  LOL.

I saw some Gotham gifset online, and I have a question for those who watch.  Is Penguin 

Spoiler

in love with Ed?  

If so, damn, I'm a bit sad I stopped watching.  I always liked 

Spoiler

their dynamic but never expected it to become romantic.  Very intriguing.   

3 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

I live in Northern Illinois, so I want the Cubs to win even though I don't watch sports ever.  LOL.

I saw some Gotham gifset online, and I have a question for those who watch.  Is Penguin 

Hide contents

in love with Ed?  

If so, damn, I'm a bit sad I stopped watching.  I always liked 

Hide contents

their dynamic but never expected it to become romantic.  Very intriguing.   

With Gotham

Penguin is love with Ed. Ed is not love in with him. It's probably what is going to cause their rift, which I don't like.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Coop33 said:

Go Cubs Go!! I feel good about the game, but I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that the Cubs could win the World Series today. Absolutely unreal.

I know how you feel as Boston Fan I had years of disappoint that is was surreal when we finally became winners. From birth you have this reality with so much heartbreak ..... and then it all changes. It was just an indescribable feeling. I hope things go your way tonight!! GO CUBS!!!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Screw Arrow. OMFG, this game!! I'm so glad I'm not a Cleveland or Chicago fan or I'd be curled up in a corner right now.

I'm not sure who I want to win.  Not a fan of the Indian's logo, but I kind of think it would be hilarious if the Cubs lost...again, lol.  On the other hand, the fans on both sides really want it.  The Cubs have waited a longer time but the Indians are in Cleveland (with all of their fans).  Don't both deserve nice things?

Edited by BkWurm1
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Screw Arrow. OMFG, this game!! I'm so glad I'm not a Cleveland or Chicago fan or I'd be curled up in a corner right now.

Totally!! And now they are positioning the ground's crew near the rain tarp????

A potential rain delay during a tied 9th inning WS game with two fanbases that have been waiting for a WS championship in timespans longer than the average life span.

I cannot imagine the amount of stress and pressure this game is producing for all those involved.

It's a film crew away from being a MOVIE!!

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

THIS GAME IS AMAZING.

#GoCubsGo

#EvenThroughThe Rain

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

What does that mean?  They don't finish the game tonight? Or they have to replay the whole thing tomorrow? (Sorry, I know next to nothing about baseball.)

They don't have to replay it. If the rain delay continues until a certain hour, they'll continue the game tomorrow from the 10th inning, without any rested pitchers. That should be fun.

• Love 3

The rain delay is only for a short time.  They will keep playing tonight.  It was a small storm that's already passed.  Restart in 7 minutes! (From now)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Wait without rest?  They have to stay awake until the next inning?

Whoops, sorry, I should have been more clear. "Rest" refers to going a few days without playing between games, so that the pitchers don't completely destroy their arms.