Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I still have multiple issues when I use it mobiley. Overall, I don't mind the upgrade but using it on my mobile just sucks. There are times I just avoid responding or interacting with the site at all, if all I have is my cell-phone. And that is disappointing. :(

• Love 1
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Are you using a broker or doing it by yourself? It helps to poke around apartments.com or whatever similar website covers the area you're looking at. It'll give you a better sense of what's available and how much people are paying. 

I thought of using a broker,  but decided against its too late to turn back now.   But I actually came across apartments.com and have found two potential places where it wouldn't be hard to break my lease if it's completely horrible.   So fingers crossed. 

14 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Oh good lord.   How the hell did that happen?   It's surely going to get canceled right out of the gate. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think this is one of those deals where FOX renewed a show they produce and distribute [DVDs too] pretty much worldwide themselves, so it makes financial sense to make more episodes. Money >>>> everything else.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'll be watching Sleepy Hollow - at least in the beginning next season - out of curiosity and because I like Tom Mison, but I'll definitely be staying out of the Sleepy Hollow forum here.

I'm bummed about Agent Carter's cancellation, but I'm also curious to see HA play a different character...

ABC adds Shondaland, Hayley Atwell dramas
Bill Keveney, USA TODAY 10:44 p.m. EDT May 12, 2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/05/12/abc-adds-shondaland-period-drama-still-star-crossed/84298824/

In addition to Still Star-Crossed, ABC also ordered two dramas and two comedies Thursday. They include:

Conviction, a drama that stars Hayley Atwell of Marvel's Agent Carter, which won't be back. She plays lawyer and former First Daughter Hayes Morrison, who is about to accept a job offered by her nemesis to avoid jail time and the potential of damaging her mother's Senate campaign. She will work with a Conviction Integrity Unit that examines cases wrongful conviction is suspected, allowing her the chance to repair relationships with her political family.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

This show sounds Shonda-style, ugh. I hope for HA's sake it's not a generic political soap or whatever. 

This year's cancellations and renewals sadden me. I'm only glad for The CW's renewals a few months ago (other than the vampire stuff which should have been canceled ages ago and Reign).

5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Purple ombre was a success! I love it so much. I kinda look goofy, but I don't even care. :D Luckily, I work in an industry where this is tame. Also, there's something in the dye or bleach cuz my cat keeps trying to eat my hair now. Weirdo. 

Because I am a technological failure, here's a link: http://calliope1975.tumblr.com/post/144362509356/it-looks-so-much-darker-to-me-than-the-pics-look

That actually looks super cool! :) How long did it take to do taht?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Purple ombre was a success! I love it so much. I kinda look goofy, but I don't even care. :D Luckily, I work in an industry where this is tame. Also, there's something in the dye or bleach cuz my cat keeps trying to eat my hair now. Weirdo. 

Because I am a technological failure, here's a link: http://calliope1975.tumblr.com/post/144362509356/it-looks-so-much-darker-to-me-than-the-pics-look

You look great! Did you have to first bleach the hair that got colored? I also have dark hair and have given up on the idea of doing any fun coloring because I figure it wouldn't show up enough.

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

That actually looks super cool! :) How long did it take to do taht?

Thanks Everyone! I was a bit nervous. It took about 4 hours total. 

8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

You look great! Did you have to first bleach the hair that got colored? I also have dark hair and have given up on the idea of doing any fun coloring because I figure it wouldn't show up enough.

Yep, they did the bleaching first then the coloring. If I maintain it, which I probably won't because $$, they'll only need to put color on next time unless I want to switch colors. She said we might have to strip the purple first then apply whatever the next color is. My stylist said it's also super easy to get rid of if I suddenly need to be brunette again. 

• Love 3

Well that looks great!  A bit dark yeah,  but still really cute. 

Your boldness has inspired me to get a Colton similar haircut,  but I'm going to dye it a blue ombre, because why not. 

• Love 6

Love The Purple! It looks fantastic!

19 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Well that looks great!  A bit dark yeah,  but still really cute. 

Your boldness has inspired me to get a Colton similar haircut,  but I'm going to dye it a blue ombre, because why not. 

Do it.

• Love 1

Omg!!!! How did you guys cope in season 2 and 3 with all the ship speculation!!!!! I'm watching season 4 now (up to episode 3) and I've read up so I know what happens (plus I watched eps 15 to 18) and I'm like fretting. 

Have you ever thought they could just kill the Olicity ship!!!!??? They could just bring in a random chick and have Oliver marry her and love happily ever after. What would be the point of all the shipping *wails*

Sorry shipping is not good for my soul.  I get very worked up.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Omg!!!! How did you guys cope in season 2 and 3 with all the ship speculation!!!!! I'm watching season 4 now (up to episode 3) and I've read up so I know what happens (plus I watched eps 15 to 18) and I'm like fretting. 

Have you ever thought they could just kill the Olicity ship!!!!??? They could just bring in a random chick and have Oliver marry her and love happily ever after. What would be the point of all the shipping *wails*

Sorry shipping is not good for my soul.  I get very worked up.  

I have to say, not knowing whether Oliver/Felicity would end up together or not definitely made 2x23 all the more perfect for me. I know a lot of people here hated that decision Oliver made... But I have never screamed so loud whilst watching a show than I did when Oliver told Felicity he loved her in that mansion. THen it was all taken away and I was heartbroken, but those heart eyes gave me so much hope. It was a wild ride for me.

That's why I prefer not to know who ends up with whom when I watch shows. It keeps the suspense no matter how crazy it makes me.

• Love 4

I started out watching the Flash and one day Hubby was telling me there is a really  cute blonde that we don't recognize maybe we're watching the wrong episode. Checked and it was the right episode, googled her character, saw that she was engaged to  Oliver Queen, thought to myself "huh how did that  depressing fellow on that Arrow show land such an awesome girl,  thought he was with some scowling chick" and then decided we must watch Arrow for Felicity!

• Love 19
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

I started out watching the Flash and one day Hubby was telling me there is a really  cute blonde that we don't recognize maybe we're watching the wrong episode. Checked and it was the right episode, googled her character, saw that she was engaged to  Oliver Queen, thought to myself "huh how did that  depressing fellow on that Arrow show land such an awesome girl,  thought he was with some scowling chick" and then decided we must watch Arrow for Felicity!

And then you discovered that Arrow is actually the Felicity and Friends Show and your life became 10000000000x better ;)

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Heh. I coped by feeling pretty confident. And I still am.

Which is not to say that Arrow won't kill the Olicity ship. They will if EBR wants to leave the show, or if they decide that it's no longer making financial sense - that is, if they believe that Olicity is actively turning away people from the show. But I see no real indications of either happening this season or even next season.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

This is the bestest greatest story.

17 minutes ago, quarks said:

Heh. I coped by feeling pretty confident. And I still am.

Which is not to say that Arrow won't kill the Olicity ship. They will if EBR wants to leave the show, or if they decide that it's no longer making financial sense - that is, if they believe that Olicity is actively turning away people from the show. But I see no real indications of either happening this season or even next season.

Yeah. About 80% of it is I have watched A LOT of network TV before, especially on the WB-UPN-CW, and knowing how the sausage is made helps.

• Love 2

Sidebar: I've seen sausage get made before,  I no longer eat sausage. 

But yeah,  since season 1, I've actually felt very confident about olicity I've never doubted that they'd eventually end up together.  So it was more me being happy  that it happened this early in the show than anything else. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I have to say, not knowing whether Oliver/Felicity would end up together or not definitely made 2x23 all the more perfect for me. I know a lot of people here hated that decision Oliver made... But I have never screamed so loud whilst watching a show than I did when Oliver told Felicity he loved her in that mansion. THen it was all taken away and I was heartbroken, but those heart eyes gave me so much hope. It was a wild ride for me.

That's why I prefer not to know who ends up with whom when I watch shows. It keeps the suspense no matter how crazy it makes me.

I screamed. I victory armed. I was shouting " I KNEW IT YOU M'FERS". I cried. It was my favorite ship fulfillment moment ever..until Richonne but I shipped Richonne first LOL

(edited)

I think they've tied Oliver and his love of Felicity too closely to his humanity and heroism to be planning anything but an eventual return to Olicity.  Time is the biggest enemy since real life might get in the way (aka what if one actor wants to leave early) but contracts make me confident that they will lock her down for at least as long as Stephen is currently contracted so I feel like through season seven the ship is going to stay afloat. 

I think 4-16 as painful as that was to watch was as close as TPTB could come to saying this is not the end (while also pretending to say 'oh, this is totally the end')  There are ways of killing a ship and as bad as the Baby Mama drama was, that is something that they can come back from.  No one slept around, no one got someone killed, no one betrayed the other to an arch nemesis.  They can fix them by having Oliver grow and mature and that's where the show is already headed.

So take heart and practice the time honored game of waiting and salivating over each and every interaction between Oliver and Felicity looking for subtle signs over which to take heart or start ranting.  I think we are already on the upswing of good moments between them.  Last year they kept them neutral or had them tense and fighting and I don't think they will make that mistake even if they don't get back together until mid season five (pure spec).  I think they will work to have their cake and eat it too which means I get to eat the cake as well. ;) 

39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I screamed. I victory armed. I was shouting " I KNEW IT YOU M'FERS". I cried. It was my favorite ship fulfillment moment ever..until Richonne but I shipped Richonne first LOL

I knew I wanted it but I had no idea how MUCH I wanted it until that moment when the heart pounding thrill just washed over me.  Giddy is a good word to use. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

knew I wanted it but I had no idea how MUCH I wanted it until that moment when the heat pounding thrill just washed over me.  Giddy is a good word to use. 

You know what's crazy,? I've re-watched s2 recently and I STILL gasp a bit, get giddy and teary eyed. I'm a sucker.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Is it just me or is his thing with Sharon Carter just........... NOPE. THEY WERE RELATED. GROSS. 

Not just you. Every mention I've seen of it has been opposed. Some because of the familial tie, some because

Spoiler

the kiss felt hamfisted and almost like a "no homo" move when the rest of the movie was about how much Steve loves Bucky, basically.

But for me, it also just comes down to the fact that Chris Evans seems to have chemistry with every other scene partner, male or female, but it's just not there with Emily Van Camp. (You know who it IS there with? Scarlett Johannson. WHY LORD am I alone on this CapWidow ship???

Spoiler

Did you see how she just could not bring herself to stand against him, at any point? Her unflagging loyalty to and belief in Steve Rogers?

Why are they both stuck in pairings with no chemistry, when they seem able to create it almost anywhere else? *weeps for wasted potential*)

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah, the Sharon thing is gross, and I haven't even seen the movie yet (going to on Monday or Tuesday, finally). As for Natasha, I hope to god her thing with Bruce is dead because of the reaction, but who knows. I'd take her with any other MCU male she has ever interacted over him at this point. Basically, they shouldn't have given Clint a family, or just went Steve/Natasha because that could work as well.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

But for me, it also just comes down to the fact that Chris Evans seems to have chemistry with every other scene partner, male or female, but it's just not there with Emily Van Camp. (You know who it IS there with? Scarlett Johannson. WHY LORD am I alone on this CapWidow ship???

Reveal hidden contents

Did you see how she just could not bring herself to stand against him, at any point? Her unflagging loyalty to and belief in Steve Rogers?

Why are they both stuck in pairings with no chemistry, when they seem able to create it almost anywhere else? *weeps for wasted potential*)

Yoooooooooooo you ship Romanogers?! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I started shipping after the 2nd captain america movie. I thought they had great chemistry, balanced each other out well, and respected each other a lot. But way back when I was probably one of very few shippers, almost everyone I knew loved Clintasha for some reason...

Spoiler

When Natasha helped Steve, it only made me love them more. And roll my eyes when Steve kissed Sharon. Not only is his relationship creepy with the family ties, but it is also so incredibly unearned. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

I just saw Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on TV and that is one boring movie. I mean, Chris Pine is good in it, Brannagh plays a pretty convincing Russian, yet in the end my attention just kept wandering away.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I just saw Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on TV and that is one boring movie. I mean, Chris Pine is good in it, Brannagh plays a pretty convincing Russian, yet in the end my attention just kept wandering away.

Yeah. I've tried to watch this movie some 6 times [bc I have a super dumb crush on CPine], and I haven't been able to finish it ANY time. It's so boring.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

Just finished watching the Eurovision coverage, it was really enjoyable. Loved the host performing during the voting interval, and super impressed that Australia did so well. Yay!

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

as a huge Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan fan i refuse to watch that movie. it's not Jack Ryan, just a generic script that they slapped Jack Ryan's name on in order to drum up interest. 

Eurovison is hugely popular in Australia and has been broadcasted for years since 1983, (we had such high amount of European immigrants and kids of immigrants who grew up watching it), so last year we go invited as a one-off special contestant and we got invited back again.

Ah, so it's a new thing. I stopped following ages ago. Although I do think Georgia and Azerbaijan were participating way back when as well. Maybe because of the Soviet Union connection, but it's still odd since they are not in Europe.

Is it true that the only hit makers to come out of the Eurovision song contest is ABBA?  I was listening to some BBC commentators and couldn't tell if they were being sarcastic or not. 

8 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Yoooooooooooo you ship Romanogers?! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I started shipping after the 2nd captain america movie. I thought they had great chemistry, balanced each other out well, and respected each other a lot. But way back when I was probably one of very few shippers, almost everyone I knew loved Clintasha for some reason...

Reveal hidden contents

When Natasha helped Steve, it only made me love them more. And roll my eyes when Steve kissed Sharon. Not only is his relationship creepy with the family ties, but it is also so incredibly unearned. 

God bless you. I shipped Clintasha after the first Avengers because I'm easily led with ships--and especially with movies because what's the point?--and JW obviously wrote them with romantic overtones. No clue why he reversed course there, but I think I started shipping Steve/Nat after the Clint's family reveal (and honestly, Renner's offscreen persona turned me off too) and was an immediate No on Bruce, and I saw someone mention S/N in a romantic way and I was like, oh. Yes. That's the one for me. I could go into ways the ship appeals to me for many of the same reasons O/F does, but I will spare everyone else. ;) 

• Love 2
(edited)

WHY LORD am I alone on this CapWidow ship???

You're not alone. I loved the chemistry between Steve and Nat. I loved that she went to funeral to make sure he was okay. That shows how close they became, along with her listening to Steve and switching sides because she trusts him. 

The Sharon Carter thing came out of nowhere and it looked like he only wanted her because she's part of Peggy. It might have been better if they showed us they had something before he found out she was Peggy's Grand Niece. Their mild flirtation in Winter Solider didn't really count for much for me, especially since she was spying on him for her job. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2