Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

It's been a little interesting watching Justice League without having the history. For example, their Flash is waaayyyy different than GG's Barry Allen. I suspected it was at least partially because this Flash was Wally West, not Barry, but I had to go to Wikipedia to confirm it, because so far Wally's name has never been said on the show. Things like that. But it's still fun. I'm enjoying it. Especially with Hawkgirl and now Vandal Savage. I know this is a different Hawkgirl than the one that will be on LOT, but it's still interesting getting some background.

How far are you?  I'm only asking because if you haven't seen "The Great Brain Robbery" yet, just remember when you watch it, pause it each time you need to take a drink.  The other option is to not pause it, and whatever you're drinking will come flying out of your mouth, nose, or go into your lungs.

Question that advice at your own peril.

The Great Brain Robbery"

Loved that episode even just for the Michael Rosenbaum wink and nod.

So watched the final episode of Poldark for this season and let me just say how relieved that it is just the finale of the first season.  Oh!  The feels! 

So watched the final episode of Poldark for this season and let me just say how relieved that it is just the finale of the first season.  Oh!  The feels!

Talk about tearing your heart right out! I already knew what would happen because of the novels but it still got to me.

How far are you?  I'm only asking because if you haven't seen "The Great Brain Robbery" yet, just remember when you watch it, pause it each time you need to take a drink.  The other option is to not pause it, and whatever you're drinking will come flying out of your mouth, nose, or go into your lungs.

Question that advice at your own peril.

I'll remember that. :) I've got a ways to go yet though. I've just watched through "Twilight", the season two premiere.

I just saw that they are bringing Merida from Brave onto OUAT. I watched the Frozen arc because I was curious and because I love Elizabeth Mitchell. I did enjoy it then stopped watching after they left. Don't know if Brave is going to draw me again. I am happy they cast a Scottish actress. 

• Love 2

I just saw that they are bringing Merida from Brave onto OUAT. I watched the Frozen arc because I was curious and because I love Elizabeth Mitchell. I did enjoy it then stopped watching after they left. Don't know if Brave is going to draw me again. I am happy they cast a Scottish actress. 

It seems a little late... But I wonder if they are going to try to capitalize on girls & archery with the Hunger Games trilogy finishing up in theaters. Also I think they are running out of Disney princesses, that don't have a lock on them. Sofia is probably not available because it is currently in use on Disney Jr. The only other one in recent time that I can think of is Jasmine & Aladdin. Those stories might be controversial considering world events & I think they will probably wait until the Genies sequel/prequel comes out which I heard is in the pipeline to help build on that buzz. I guess they could do Tangled, but I think they already had a black Rapunzel, so that won't work. Yea, they might be running out of options.

the more Deadpool trailers come out the more I am loving him, I think he is super close to beating Batman as my favorite comics character.

ETA:

the joy one experiences to finding a 7oz pepsi-with real sugar cans in ones local supermarket :-) since i hardly ever finishes a 12oz can these days.

i am also developing a love hate relationship with this size.. on the one hand: perfect mount for, less calories, less sugar and all so it's better cause you don't consume 12 oz of it... on the other hand: it's so odd drinking such a small size.

but i do wish the coffee place at my school (which sales pepsico drinks) will sale the smaller size.

Edited by foreverevolving

Deadpool is awesome, I can't wait for the movie. I"m playing the Deadpool Xbox game now and it's so much fun. Especially when you die and he insults you or says he'll be back in 2 seconds. Or when you keep failing at doing something, he'll say "Well this is embarrassing" 

Deadpool is awesome, I can't wait for the movie. I"m playing the Deadpool Xbox game now and it's so much fun. Especially when you die and he insults you or says he'll be back in 2 seconds. Or when you keep failing at doing something, he'll say "Well this is embarrassing" 

Oh cool, I was debating getting it, this seals the deal.

I also love that you can run away and he'll put the guns behind his back and you can keep shooting people. 

I only casually play video games, mostly Tomb Raider, the Lego Games and the occasional fighting games. So I don't know if it's for hard core gamers or not. 

Edited by Sakura12

I wish this was on PS4 platform!! The Deadpool game is one of the reasons I decided to upgrade to a real gaming system from my Wii. Ah well. /sad face.

I do like how he pops up in the Lego Marvel game just randomly walking through scenes. 

How can Gotham afford that many series regulars for season two? There was a while there when every time I checked a tv news site they had added another series regular, and the cast was already pretty big in season one anyway. The show is already a mess and unless they're planning on killing off a bunch of characters I don't really see how they'll be able to use that large cast well. I'm going to try to stop watching. 

In other news off course I only start to care about Hannibal after the show gets cancelled. I had always liked the show and thought it was well written, well acted, and had really nice cinematography. But this season...I'm actually invested in what is happening, for whatever reason. I'm an episode or two behind but Gillian Anderson is doing an excellent job and Alana has never been more engaging. I love the new actor they got for Mason, too. The lines he gets and his delivery are just hilarious to me. Everything he says is awful. 

If anyone is interested, a group of Olicity fans have started the 'Olicity Wine Club', wherein you can buy your own wine glass for $15 inspired by the amount of wine people had to drink to get through the season. All of the profits are going to SA's charity Nocking Point Gives, and they've almost sold $1000 worth of glasses. 

I can't get it because I'm international, but it does blow me away how much effort fans go into, especially because this isn't the first charity campaign that has been run by Olicity fans, 

• Love 3

I saw that. But I'm curious to how much it holds, because last season I had to buy a much larger wine glass to deal with the stupid (plus one upon a time). So if it's not big enough I probably couldn't use it.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

I saw that. But I'm curious to how much it holds, because last season I had to buy a much larger wine glass to deal with the stupid (plus one upon a time). So if it's not big enough I probably couldn't use it.

Ahem, excuse you, you could always refill ;)

I think the most I drank for one episode was one bottle of prosecco (and that was for the 20th episode. It was a celebratory drink :p Don't judge.) Funnily enough, I was super tipsy and when Oliver and Felicity didn't say goodbye, I literally cried for 20 minutes because of that scene. It was just.... a mess. Which is why I watched it alone. :p

• Love 2

Ahem, excuse you, you could always refill ;)

I think the most I drank for one episode was one bottle of prosecco (and that was for the 20th episode. It was a celebratory drink :p Don't judge.) Funnily enough, I was super tipsy and when Oliver and Felicity didn't say goodbye, I literally cried for 20 minutes because of that scene. It was just.... a mess. Which is why I watched it alone. :p

No judging here.

I sat 2 feet from the TV for all of 3X20 and drank too much Scotch (because that's what Oliver ordered on their date). I blubbered the whole way through--from Oliver's devastation at finding Thea (OMG, that agonized flinch in the hospital!) to the not-goodbye with Felicity. I totally lost it when poor Oliver was branded, though. He's been through so much.

I wish I'd been alone.  Unfortunately, even though I chased my family out of the room, my husband kept checking on me when the wailing was a little too loud. Thankfully, I slept like a baby due to my crying jag and being more than tipsy. :~)

• Love 1

Johnny Whitworth just started following me on Twitter. It's really weird because it was for a Twitter that is locked. Lol

I had such a crush on him during the Empire Records era. Pleasantly surprised when he popped up on The 100 last year.

• Love 2

so i decided to start watching Young Justice, I've watched a few episodes in the past but never all of them..

And umm.. Holy Fuck Sara really is the living embodiment of that show Black Canary!! it's literally scary. i'm watching episode five, and in one of the early scenes (right after she kicks Superboy ass) while they're all talking with batman, she does a back glance to the kids saying something, and it just felt like i was watching Sara..

I wonder if Caity watched that show to gain some inspiration.

I wish I had access to the first season of Young Justice to go back and compare. YJ is pretty much where the majority of my affection for the BC character comes from so that makes a lot of sense as to why I loved Sara. 

I wish I had access to the first season of Young Justice to go back and compare. YJ is pretty much where the majority of my affection for the BC character comes from so that makes a lot of sense as to why I loved Sara.

The first season should be on Netflix actually.

• Love 1

so i decided to start watching Young Justice, I've watched a few episodes in the past but never all of them..

And umm.. Holy Fuck Sara really is the living embodiment of that show Black Canary!! it's literally scary. i'm watching episode five, and in one of the early scenes (right after she kicks Superboy ass) while they're all talking with batman, she does a back glance to the kids saying something, and it just felt like i was watching Sara..

I wonder if Caity watched that show to gain some inspiration.

I had the same feeling while reading DC52 BoP. Edited by Morrigan2575

<---- The artist formerly known as dancingnancy. I sent a link to something I wrote here to one of my friends, and her reaction was "it's weird reading your voice with a different username". So I figured it was time I changed it to the usual one. :)

• Love 5

<---- The artist formerly known as dancingnancy. I sent a link to something I wrote here to one of my friends, and her reaction was "it's weird reading your voice with a different username". So I figured it was time I changed it to the usual one. :)

I thought I recognized the ICON in another thread, but the name threw me a little. Thx for the heads up! :)

• Love 2

I was never a big Friends fan because I found all of those characters annoying, but anyway, Funko is coming out with a line of POP figures for all six "friends"...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/07/friends-funko-pop

So they'll make POP dolls of characters from a TV show that ended more than 10 years ago, but still no POP doll for a major (very popular) character on a current TV show?

Edited by tv echo

There has to be someone either in DC, WB, CW or somewhere that is holding up the production of a Felicity Funko doll. I cannot imagine that Funko would not want to put one out. Not after their social media comments a few weeks ago.

I wonder if its a legal thing with rights & profits/residuals thing. There are 2 Felicity Smoaks. One is the creation of ARROW team and the other is the small bit character from whatever Comic she originated in (I believe it was a Firestorm). The Funko doll that everyone wants is property of ARROW, but the name may technically be trademarked or belong to whoever originally created the name. So maybe there is some complicated legal battle being silently worked out BTS to get everyone the proper acknowledgement and financial reimbursement. A few months ago on one of the threads here, somebody posted an article link to a comic website article that explained the complicated nature of ownership/trademark rights of characters & comic creations. I can't remember it now, but every time this Funko issues comes up, it makes me think of that article.

I know the writing team wanted to be witty and drop an Easter Egg by having FS be called FS, not realizing how big her character would be, and I wonder how often they regret that decision to have not come up with a different name so they could avoid a lot of these copyright/legal issues. Somehow, I don't think they regret creating Felicity Smoak, if anything I think that might be one of the more favorable accomplishments. But I think if they were being honest, they would regret not altering her name more or coming up with an original name to begin with.

I seriously wonder if we won't get a Funko Doll until they change her name. Most likely to a hyphenated last name :) Because at that point then her character will finally belong only to the ARROW portion of the franchise.

• Love 1

I was never a big Friends fan because I found all of those characters annoying, but anyway, Funko is coming out with a line of POP figures for all six "friends"...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/07/friends-funko-pop

So they'll make POP dolls of characters from a TV show that ended more than 10 years ago, but still no POP doll for a major (very popular) character on a current TV show?

Friends was massive and is still probably shown in reruns all over the place, so...why not? I'm sure they have done dolls for more obscure shows and characters.

Yup. Friends is all over the place still in syndication. The figure released now probably is a smart move to tap into nostalgia for them on their anniversary.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Friends even 10 years later is still massively popular and I'm sorry they are more popular than Felicity. That's a show that I can watch episodes over and over again and still find them funny. 

To me it seems like it's DC that's not letting them make the Felicity Pop, Funko seems to want too. They can't make one without permission, everyone else is giving them permission. 

Edited by Sakura12

I liked Ross in S1-4 or so. I took his side in the whole we were on a break bit. However, after that he started to get really annoying. I don't think they knew what to do with the character if he wasn't with Rachel or pining after her.

• Love 1

It's weird because I started liking him more the more he started whining :p I just thought his whining was hilarious! But obviously everyone feels differently :)

I gotta say though, out of everything, I hated the whole Joey/Rachel hooking up thing. It was nails on chalkboard for me. 

• Love 3

Should we start calling you Miss Chanandler Bong?

Seriously considering changing my username now. Lol

Ross was never a favourite of mine. I didn't hate him or anything I just liked everyone better. Not Ross/Rachel fan at all tho.

SAME I hated Ross/Rachel too. I found them exhausting. 

And I always hate it when shows strive for couples to be like Ross/Rachel. NO. Strive for your show's couple to be like Monica/Chandler. Or Ben/Leslie. Or Tami/Eric Taylor. -_-

• Love 5