Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So Sonny turns up in the last 20 seconds of Tuesday's show, looks directly into the camera and grins as if he's about to ask the audience if we missed him. I'm surprised the show didn't add a little CGI gleam to his eye.

He was looking at Victor.

My take away from today's episode - yeah, I'd buy a suit from Steve, especially if it came with a matching cummerbund and any eye patch. 

Most definitely.

That's all I got.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

So Sonny turns up in the last 20 seconds of Tuesday's show, looks directly into the camera and grins as if he's about to ask the audience if we missed him. I'm surprised the show didn't add a little CGI gleam to his eye.

If this kind of self-congratulatory cheesiness is how the writers intend to carry on, I'm super extra unenthusiastic about the Further Adventures of Twinkle and Sparkle.

The low rent  Paulson romance is afoot. I will survive that horror show.. Goodness knows I survived Dannifer and Shayla....Dena will have the Paulson fans crying sooner rather than later..She is nothing if not consistent, in doling out horrible stories that only she finds interesting. Nightime Hope is a perfect example of that..

• Love 1

Steve, if the part-time PI business isn't lucrative or working, being a part-time bartender at a bar with little business/customers isn't going to help either. Joey, not all parents will stay together for the sake of the near-adult child. It's not the 1950s anymore. Your parents have their own stuff to work through, alone and independently, and together. You have your own young little life mess to deal with. Jadey, maybe talk with your parents about getting some family counselling and get over yourself. You can also work part-time and go to college part-time. Lots of people do so.

Adriana, Blanca has no business staying at your home indefinitely. Maybe if you had a basement suite.  Blanca should be there long enough to find her own apartment/condo. She's an adult woman who needs her own space without having well-meaning friends hovering over her. And take a good look at your handsome ex-husband (minus the chin spurt thing). Focus on yourself for a bit. Your kids are adults and can make their own choices.

Fynn, not a good idea to take it up with Kayla, but at least you made yourself and your feelings known. It is up to her whether she wants anything to do with you. Serves Steve right that 'Sweetness' is attractive to another man. You were a bit creepy, so it's likely you will certainly find a way to be transferred to another hospital.

The good about today's episode:

1) it's good to see Steve and Kayla.

2) I liked the scenes with Eduardo and Steve, made me think of Santa Barbara.  I would like to see more AM & SN together. I don't think Steve should leave Black-Patch because I like his interactions with John, and he should be true to himself (something I think Kayla gets).

3) I know it's unpopular, but I still support Kayla having a temporary relationship with someone other than Steve.  It will do her good and make Steve step up his game since actually losing Kayla to another man has never been an issue as evidenced by his reaction to walking in on the kiss (the look on SN's face broke my heart, Steve loves Kayla and the thought that she would seriously consider moving on devastated him.

The bad about the episode:

1) Having Joey and Jade on my screen.  They so need to be written out (bring back Stephanie, even at her worst, the very sight of her didn't make me roll my eyes and suck my teeth).

2) the fact that it looks like the show is making Fynn expendable by having him be obsessed with Kayla.  The character is far from a fave, but the show needs to take ownership for bringing in actors/characters when they clearly have no plan to use them.  The show has clearly decided to not make him a viable love interest for Kayla, but I don't approve of throwing the character under the bus.  How about he and Kayla actually date, no creepy vibes involved and when Steve inevitably wins Kayla back, Fynn decides to go back to Australia. No craziness, no character destruction, just the realization that he can't stay in Salem being in love with his coworker who does not return his feelings. These things happen.

3) Rafe's ex is deadly dull and poorly acted. She and Rafe make the perfect pair.  Get those two together and have them ride off into the sunset together.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

The good about today's episode:

1) it's good to see Steve and Kayla.

2) I liked the scenes with Eduardo and Steve, made me think of Santa Barbara.  I would like to see more AM & SN together. I don't think Steve should leave Black-Patch because I like his interactions with John, and he should be true to himself (something I think Kayla gets).

3) I know it's unpopular, but I still support Kayla having a temporary relationship with someone other than Steve.  It will do her good and make Steve step up his game since actually losing Kayla to another man has never been an issue as evidenced by his reaction to walking in on the kiss (the look on SN's face broke my heart, Steve loves Kayla and the thought that she would seriously consider moving on devastated him.

The bad about the episode:

1) Having Joey and Jade on my screen.  They so need to be written out (bring back Stephanie, even at her worst, the very sight of her didn't make me roll my eyes and suck my teeth).

2) the fact that it looks like the show is making Fynn expendable by having him be obsessed with Kayla.  The character is far from a fave, but the show needs to take ownership for bringing in actors/characters when they clearly have no plan to use them.  The show has clearly decided to not make him a viable love interest for Kayla, but I don't approve of throwing the character under the bus.  How about he and Kayla actually date, no creepy vibes involved and when Steve inevitably wins Kayla back, Fynn decides to go back to Australia. No craziness, no character destruction, just the realization that he can't stay in Salem being in love with his coworker who does not return his feelings. These things happen.

3) Rafe's ex is deadly dull and poorly acted. She and Rafe make the perfect pair.  Get those two together and have them ride off into the sunset together.

I have always wanted Kayla to find love after Steve "died"...We already know the disaster the last time the show tried to give her a love interest....I still find it hard to believe that they had Kayla remain a celibate nun in LA, all those years that Steve was believed to be dead....Kayla has never really had agency when it came to Steve...She had to forgive her rapist to please Steve..I love Jack, but, that was my only problem with his redemption...

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Who do you mean by Rafe's ex?  Blanca?  She is not an ex of Rafe's, they just met.  And I really like her.  :)

I just know she is surrounding the circle of mind-numbing hell boredom that is Rafe.  She, much like Rafe us white noise and get up and do things time for me.  Glad she is okay, but anything involving Rafe is a big no for me. Hell, A. Martinez can't make him interesting.

• Love 3

It's really dismally boring, isn't it? Can't believe I'm saying that about an episode that featured my Patch and Kayla. I don't want to watch Joey and Jade -- they are the least compelling young couple. I'd rather see Theo and Ciara on a date than these two. I have no interest in Blanca or Adriana being a meddlesome mother cliche. (Blanca isn't bad, but she needs a better story than looking for an apartment.)

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

It's really dismally boring, isn't it? Can't believe I'm saying that about an episode that featured my Patch and Kayla. I don't want to watch Joey and Jade -- they are the least compelling young couple. I'd rather see Theo and Ciara on a date than these two. I have no interest in Blanca or Adriana being a meddlesome mother cliche. (Blanca isn't bad, but she needs a better story than looking for an apartment.)

How about a Lucas and Blanca pairing..We all know that Justin and Adrienne will get back together....They always do....

• Love 1

I wish Sonny had given that check to a charity instead of giving it to Prictor. 

STFU Prictor and stop being so greedy. You stole 30 years of Deimos' life, the least you could do is lt him have the mansion and money. You'll still have a steady stream of money coming in from Titan. 

I'm surprised the writers remembered Will's existence long enough for Sonny to acknowledge him. 

Theresa falling and hitting her head was lame as hell.

• Love 3

I enjoyed yesterday, but I haven't been making myself watch the rest of these episodes lately, so people actually talking to each other about their lives was kind of refreshing.  It would probably work better to marry those kinds of scenes to some action to balance out the ep, but I enjoyed Adrianna/Blanca, Eduardo/Steve, Fynn/Kayla... even Jade/Joey weren't so bad if I didn't think too much about their last story.

Ximena Duque is so watchable.  Wish we could keep her and lose Galen Gering.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, lska said:

I enjoyed yesterday, but I haven't been making myself watch the rest of these episodes lately, so people actually talking to each other about their lives was kind of refreshing.  It would probably work better to marry those kinds of scenes to some action to balance out the ep, but I enjoyed Adrianna/Blanca, Eduardo/Steve, Fynn/Kayla... even Jade/Joey weren't so bad if I didn't think too much about their last story.

Ximena Duque is so watchable.  Wish we could keep her and lose Galen Gering.

Yes, now that you mention it, I did have an As the World Turns kind of nostalgia yesterday. Loved that soap and used to watch it with my mother, from the time  I was a pre-schooler. Something was soothing about that murmur of everyday conversation on ATWT. Thanks for sparking that memory for me : )

• Love 5

For me the best part of today's episode was seeing Adrianne Justin and Sonny just sitting down at his old club and talking like a real family. The best line: Adrianne "you're staying with me right?" Sonny (in the hallway) : "Moom!"

Can we please end this Tate kidnapping story like tomorrow?

• Love 4

More darkness that we can't see through.

I don't understand why they've left so vague what it actually was that Summer did.  We still don't know what she gave to that mysterious woman. Why haven't any of these people grilled her about what happened?

There's a Greek mob?

Glad to see Maggie isn't throwing herself into Deimos's arms in gratitude.

Jeebus, Brady, shut up!  Theresa is trying to help.  Let her go with that.

Where would one possibly look in a university library to find out anything about a Greek mobster?

Where is Adrienne living? Where is Justin living?  And why can't Sonny stay with them?

Man, Summer has that whole pushing people down till they die thing down pat, doesn't she?

• Love 1

I thought Greece (as a country) was in serious financial straits. Maybe the Greek mob collects laurel leaves. With the wondrous invention known as the Internet, you can simply upload the photo and do a Google image search on it. Much faster than going to a small University library.

I hope Maggie changes from her white shirt and black tie. I keep thinking Col. Sanders and KFC.

Summer's hotel room - where people come to get clonked on the head and die. Maybe the hotel should put some Nerf pads on the furniture. Why hasn't the Salem PD pressed her for what she *did* for the cash? Her hair also went back to the dirty blonde quickly.

Sonny, you just don't sell prime real estate in Paris. Hopefully what you "sold" isn't of any historical value. How long are you visiting?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, annabel said:

Weren't Judi Evans and VI on Guiding Light together? They didn't really interact together, but she was grinning like hell

From what I understand, Beth and Lujack were a super couple.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rick Kitchen said:

From what I understand, Beth and Lujack were a super couple.

I saw clips and it was pretty darn cute. VI was kind of gawky-looking but I can see why they were a super couple. It's so weird to look at, because he's dastardly Dr. Hayward to me, so to see him as some blue-collar Romeo with a heart of Gold is weird.

I really wish Sonny would go dark. It'll never happen, but I'm so tired of him always being so good.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

So what happened to Victor?  Is he sick or something?  That's the only explanation I can think of to explain him not insulting Adrienne, calling her something awful in front of Sonny, because she left Justin.  It can't just be because Sonny is there, it's never stopped him with anyone else.    

I checked and I'm fresh out of sympathy for him of any kind.  Yep, the well is dry, even regarding Deimos.  He set him up to be sent away for murder for 30 years, it was him who killed that woman from long ago I don't give two shits about, and a good portion of what Deimos "stole" was built on dirty money to begin with.  Cry me a river.

Show might want to buy a clue that to make someone a victim we root for, said victim should not be a consistent asshat.

Sonny should have kept the money.

And Show ends with him - literally - running into Sparkle Pretty, blinding him with not only his tooth-whitened, Dentyne smile, but also his Secret Agent Sheriff's badge.  It's all as intriguing to me as a song by Debbie Boone.  Who, you ask?  Exactly.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

And Show ends with him - literally - running into Sparkle Pretty, blinding him with not only his tooth-whitened, Dentyne smile, but also his Secret Agent Sheriff's badge.  It's all as intriguing to me as a song by Debbie Boone.  Who, you ask?  Exactly.

Sonny and Sparkle will be engaged by the end of the year. If we're REALLY lucky they'll have a double wedding with Adrienne and that guy she supposedly loves. 

• Love 4

It was good to see Sonny, though, like a smiley diamond in the middle of all the mess. He immediately came off as smarter than anyone else in the room when he started to broker the deal between Vic and Diemos. I'd love to see Sonny turning just a shade or two darker if the writers dared to go there. I'm glad he's back.

Boes, you make me laugh and laugh : ) (Debbie Boone!)

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

It was good to see Sonny, though, like a smiley diamond in the middle of all the mess. He immediately came off as smarter than anyone else in the room when he started to broker the deal between Vic and Diemos. I'd love to see Sonny turning just a shade or two darker if the writers dared to go there. I'm glad he's back.

Boes, you make me laugh and laugh : ) (Debbie Boone!)

It would be nice if he got something to do other than deal with Prictor and Sparkle all day. If he has to work for Prictor he can go to Titan TV with Nicole. Is she back working there or is being in a love quad with Deimos/Chloe/Dario paying the bills?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

... or is being in a love quad with Deimos/Chloe/Dario paying the bills?

Lefty, you make me laugh too! I wonder what the Sonny plan is. He could run Titan and dive into journalism as an homage to Will. He could partner with Deimos and work the public side of the business, keeping an eye on him while kind of straddling the good/bad fence. The more I think of it, the more I see that Sonny could really give the show some ballast or something. I like it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

He could run Titan and dive into journalism as an homage to Will.

Will's legacy as possibly the worst fictional journalist of all time cannot be forgotten! #sorry #notsorry

• Love 2
(edited)

Will has been forgotten so I don't see why his legacy of anything would be remembered.  With the way TIIC have treated the character of Will, you would never know that for years Sami, Kate, Lucas, etc. were willing to fight to the death for Will.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

I'll take you back, Steve.  Kayla is starting to grate a little.  Good job, writers.

So, we are going with Finn is a psycho and Steve is going to be the only one who sees it and saves Kayla? Is that the genius plan?

Deimos shouldn't have agreed to give any of the money back to Prictor.

I'm starting to grow bored with Deimos. They writers need to give him something to do besides flip flop between Nicole and Chloe.

I wish the writers would've had the decency to undue Summer's Eve being Maggie's daughter.

I feel like everyone involved in the kidnapping story just has the same conversations over and over again while absolutely nothing happens. It's likes scripts are being written while the episodes are being filmed. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Will has been forgotten so I don't see why his legacy of anything would be remembered.  With the way TIIC have treated the character of Will, you would never know that for years Sami, Kate, Lucas, etc. were willing to fight to the death for Will.

Who is Will? Who is Bo? and Who is Jack? the only deceased character that matters is the Tan man....The worship continues....

• Love 3
20 hours ago, annabel said:

Weren't Judi Evans and VI on Guiding Light together? They didn't really interact together, but she was grinning like hell

Yes they were and Beth and Lujack were adorable. I find it interesting that Evans has been able to pull off pairings in two massively popular soap couples (three/four if you count her AW pairings with Jake and the other dark-haired dude, I think his name was Joe).

2 hours ago, Revlonred said:

I'll take you back, Steve.  Kayla is starting to grate a little.  Good job, writers.

So, we are going with Finn is a psycho and Steve is going to be the only one who sees it and saves Kayla? Is that the genius plan?

What is Kayla doing that is starting to grate? I'm legitimately asking.  I know she seems to be inconsistent, but if you think about it her actions actually reflect what she has been saying; when she focuses with her heart, she's all about Steve; when she focuses with her head, the hurricane of insanity that he brings with him tells her to back away from Steve.  She doesn't want to change who he is and make him miserable, but she's not certain she can continue to live a life waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I actually respect the fact that she acknowledges being in love with Steve, but not being sure she can live with Steve.  It really is the same dilemma John and Marlena and Bo and Hope have faced to varying degrees. John and Marlena made it though, I personally thought Bo and Hope wild not have made it through. I want Steve and Kayla to make it through, but will sadly understand if they don't.  However, if the writers choose to go there, Kayla needs to be allowed to find someone who will love her on her terms (doubt that will be Fynn as they are clearly setting him up for a dark turn.  He will becom Kayla's Marina/Ava).

• Love 2

Oh, good, Jade's nasty father is back.

Nicole, stop being all giggly and girly around Dario. And Dario, I told you yesterday, she's just not that into you.

Half of the people on this show who work, work as CEOs and the other half work as bartenders.

Is Parker that desperate for a father figure in his life, or does he just like men?

Wow, Theresa recovers from head trauma pretty quickly.

Where was Maggie when she encountered Summer?

Why isn't Steve with Black Patch? Is he jealous that Paul pushed him aside?

LOL, Joey calls Fynn Fynley.  :)

• Love 3

Just that they are hardly on and when they are it is a step this way, a step that way....where are we at today?...I guess I just want decent story for them, together.  So she ends up coming off as whiny to me because she isn't saying yes, Steve, I am yours! (I LOVE her, don't get me wrong.) I'm tired of all the shitiness (as in the writing, and I use that term loosely.  This crap seems to be written on tissues during the night when somebody wakes up from sleep or something). 

• Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Yes they were and Beth and Lujack were adorable. I find it interesting that Evans has been able to pull off pairings in two massively popular soap couples (three/four if you count her AW pairings with Jake and the other dark-haired dude, I think his name was Joe).

What is Kayla doing that is starting to grate? I'm legitimately asking.  I know she seems to be inconsistent, but if you think about it her actions actually reflect what she has been saying; when she focuses with her heart, she's all about Steve; when she focuses with her head, the hurricane of insanity that he brings with him tells her to back away from Steve.  She doesn't want to change who he is and make him miserable, but she's not certain she can continue to live a life waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I actually respect the fact that she acknowledges being in love with Steve, but not being sure she can live with Steve.  It really is the same dilemma John and Marlena and Bo and Hope have faced to varying degrees. John and Marlena made it though, I personally thought Bo and Hope wild not have made it through. I want Steve and Kayla to make it through, but will sadly understand if they don't.  However, if the writers choose to go there, Kayla needs to be allowed to find someone who will love her on her terms (doubt that will be Fynn as they are clearly setting him up for a dark turn.  He will becom Kayla's Marina/Ava).

I am always team Kayla and I understand her point of view.. Sometimes love is not enough to sustain a relationship....Kayla has always paid a price for being with Steve...Steve has not only brought love and passion in Kayla's life, but, also trouble and pain in the name of Ava,Orpheus, Victor, Britta, Marina, Harlan, and Jack before his redemption..She is no longer that  young lady, infatuated with a bad boy.. She is now an older woman, mother with responsibilities and she has reached a point where she is tired off it all..Not to mention that Steve seems to not be able to understand her point of view. He just wants her to deal with it, like she has always done in the past...Kayla has always been patient to a fault with Steve..She put off with his awful treatment when he came back from the dead and his fixation on that bitch Ava..I remember Steve sobbing at her bedside, while a pained Kayla watched...He also shamelessly flirted with Billie. Billie as usual was so damn thirsty....Her desperation for a man was always so damn annoying, even Chelsea was embarrassed,but, I digress..I know that Steve had amnesia, but, it still bothered me at the time...Kayla deserves better, but, not the Australian Daniel...I want  Stayla to be endgame, but, Steve has to earn her trust back.. He will always have her love...The show has conveniently forgot that Steve abandoned his family in Africa, due to his wanderlust...They should have dealt with that head on and not Ava Vitali....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

.The show has conveniently forgot that Steve abandoned his family in Africa, due to his wanderlust...They should have dealt with that head on and not Ava Vitali....

The show also conveniently forgot the big reveal we were promised behind this act. All we got was, "Someone threatened you, so I had to do it Sweetness. Now stop being unreasonable about it and take me back."  Hell, even Eduardo, who doesn't know Kayla, got and tried to explain what Kayla's perspective must be to Steve.

• Love 2

See, but I feel like the writing is so shitty that we are supposed to fill in some shit. No?  Like maybe Kayla did get that explanation. Or not, I guess.  I only watched briefly when they returned in 2006.  It was painful.  (Please, don't get me started on his return from the dead.  It was embarrassing.) I guess I don't factor in a lot of stuff you guys do when watching because I either wasn't watching, or I don't consider it relevant because nothing has been well thought out or written.  So I'm probably not the best to comment on them in their current form.  I just like watching them act together so much.  I should probably just leave it at that.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

See, but I feel like the writing is so shitty that we are supposed to fill in some shit. No?  Like maybe Kayla did get that explanation. Or not, I guess.

Yeah, I kind of feel like this is one of those Schroedinger's cat situations.  How could she not ask for more information?  But nothing about the way they are makes me think that she ever got a better explanation out of him.  (And it took him two months to come up with that one.)

I have been finding S&K more believable when they have been fighting than making up, during their back and forth over the last few months, so I enjoyed the conflict this week.  It was fun to see them as a united front with Joey even though they're not really getting along, and I love seeing Steve letting the Fynn thing go even though he hates it, because he's right that Fynn is not his competition.  The only line I really didn't care for today was Kayla asking Steve about whether he could ignore a bully... I don't really believe she'd ever ask that of him.

• Love 2

I also have a hard time with how they were together right before the murder charges were dropped.  They seemed in love and Kayla looked extremely happy and in love.  She wanted to run away with him.  So I don't interpret that as anything but them being deeply in love and wanting to be together.  Then there was whiplash, and I understand that some of us interpret that whole thing differently.  But again, we are giving it more thought than the writers do, and I just can't with that kind of crap. 

Love SN and MBE forever though.

• Love 6

What the heck was the point of Theresa's confronting Summer?  Summer hurled the exact same lines that Theresa yelled at Summer but somehow Theresa's so upset that she turns to run away?  WTF?  Theresa should have pulled an Abs and slapped Summer--that would have been cool :)

Now I did like seeing Sonny back again and if he interacts more with Deimos, I might be interested in this storyline.

Nothing seems to be happening on the show--all of the plots never seem to actually move--YIKES!

• Love 4

Is this supposed to be the big build-up to the Olympics break? Unless a lot of terribly interesting stuff happens next week I can't imagine caring enough to sustain my interest over two weeks of no shows. I've already pretty much decided that my daily soap hour is now going to be spent watching The Wire, since I haven't yet. After that, well there's plenty of shows I've never watched.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, annabel said:

Is this supposed to be the big build-up to the Olympics break? Unless a lot of terribly interesting stuff happens next week I can't imagine caring enough to sustain my interest over two weeks of no shows. I've already pretty much decided that my daily soap hour is now going to be spent watching The Wire, since I haven't yet. After that, well there's plenty of shows I've never watched.

I feel your pain..I don't know if I will continue to watch after the break....Perhaps when Kim and Shane come back, I am trying to stay for Steve and Kayla, but, they are not enough..Plus, Dena is about to have total control..I am not up for another Dena Higley run...She is the worst....I would happily take back James E, Reilly in a heartbeat....Sherry Anderson being back as headwriter  is a pipe dream, but, hope springs eternal...

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Revlonred said:

I also have a hard time with how they were together right before the murder charges were dropped.  They seemed in love and Kayla looked extremely happy and in love.  She wanted to run away with him.  So I don't interpret that as anything but them being deeply in love and wanting to be together.  Then there was whiplash, and I understand that some of us interpret that whole thing differently.  But again, we are giving it more thought than the writers do, and I just can't with that kind of crap. 

Love SN and MBE forever though.

You're not alone in your confusion Revlonred. I actually thought Steve and Kayla had gotten back together during those scenes in the hospital when Joey was recovering, but apparently not. Kayla barely seems to even tolerate Steve. And their initial breakup earlier this year is still confusing to me. They were engaged and happy and then Kayla does a 180 and decides she can no longer deal with the danger that surrounds Steve. I mean, it's totally fair that she doesn't want to constantly worry about Steve being danger into their lives...but this isn't brand new information. This is who Steve has always been and I'm sure it's part of te reason why she fell for him. If this is where the writers wanted to go they could have done a much better job of building up to it. Also, no one is mentioning that being a Brady means she will always be in danger.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Revlonred said:

See, but I feel like the writing is so shitty that we are supposed to fill in some shit. No?  Like maybe Kayla did get that explanation. Or not, I guess.  I only watched briefly when they returned in 2006.  It was painful.  (Please, don't get me started on his return from the dead.  It was embarrassing.) I guess I don't factor in a lot of stuff you guys do when watching because I either wasn't watching, or I don't consider it relevant because nothing has been well thought out or written.  So I'm probably not the best to comment on them in their current form.  I just like watching them act together so much.  I should probably just leave it at that.

Yes the initial return was horrible and in some ways, we are still dealing with the fallout from that crap, which for some reason writers who seemingly forget everything else historical about the show remember.  I always thought that the return would have been more effective and original if they had for lack of a better term Sleeping Beautied Steve.  He has just been in stasis (the silly hit man programmed to kill the Brady's plot would have worked in this scenario) and is found, perhaps by Bo and John.  For Steve, it's still 1990, but for everyone else, life has moved on. How does he cope with a daughter who for him was just six months old yesterday, and a wife who is now a doctor.  This actually connects better with the story the show is giving us now, Steve in the ISA as a sixty-something, who wants to be a private detective, while age appropriate Kayla is looking at him and saying, "I love you Steve, but What the What?" Then us getting the story they are trying to sell now of Steve and Kayla at odds because he is a man of adventure and she wants stability would resonate on a deeper level  because Kayla and the audience would recognize that Steve truly was robbed of his life, and not just off living a different life with Ava and then as Nick Stockton.  Heck show, if you want to continue the ISA link to the show, make Steve some sort of local spy management type and you get Steve and Kayla both getting want they want; he is actively involved but without the constant physical threats.  Hell, morph Black-Patch-Greybeard and let him, John and Eduardo be the Charlie to their own hand picked band of non-gender specific Charlie's Angels. That way the guys can be happy, the ladies they love can be happy and the audience can be happy.

Illogically planned stories like those we have been given are a major part of the reason that John's never-ending search for his parents doesn't come across well either. He had about 8-10 actual years as a Brady, complete with the memories (which never should have been retconned, but that's a different digression), then the memories of his life as an Alamain, so his constant searches just came across as yet another plot device by writers lacking ideas.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Revlonred said:

Yes the initial return was horrible and in some ways, we are still dealing with the fallout from that crap, which for some reason writers who seemingly forget everything else historical about the show remember.  I always thought that the return would have been more effective and original if they had for lack of a better term Sleeping Beautied Steve.  He has just been in stasis (the silly hit man programmed to kill the Brady's plot would have worked in this scenario) and is found, perhaps by Bo and John.  For Steve, it's still 1990, but for everyone else, life has moved on. How does he cope with a daughter who for him was just six months old yesterday, and a wife who is now a doctor.  This actually connects better with the story the show is giving us now, Steve in the ISA as a sixty-something, who wants to be a private detective, while age appropriate Kayla is looking at him and saying, "I love you Steve, but What the What?" Then us getting the story they are trying to sell now of Steve and Kayla at odds because he is a man of adventure and she wants stability would resonate on a deeper level  because Kayla and the audience would recognize that Steve truly was robbed of his life, and not just off living a different life with Ava and then as Nick Stockton.  Heck show, if you want to continue the ISA link to the show, make Steve some sort of local spy management type and you get Steve and Kayla both getting want they want; he is actively involved but without the constant physical threats.  Hell, morph Black-Patch-Greybeard and let him, John and Eduardo be the Charlie to their own hand picked band of non-gender specific Charlie's Angels. That way the guys can be happy, the ladies they love can be happy and the audience can be happy.

Illogically planned stories like those we have been given are a major part of the reason that John's never-ending search for his parents doesn't come across well either. He had about 8-10 actual years as a Brady, complete with the memories (which never should have been retconned, but that's a different digression), then the memories of his life as an Alamain, so his constant searches just came across as yet another plot device by writers lacking ideas.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm with you guys. The Kayla/Fynn/Steve scenes this week were a little jarring. I thought we'd all gotten past Fynn, including Fynn, and Steve and Kayla were on a warming trend. Soaps used to string things along forever, often so annoyingly that anyone could see what was coming a mile away, but this writing is so choppy I don't know what to make of it. I know you have some personnel issues, show, but a little more continuity and sewing up of threads would be nice.

Belated props to Joey for "Okay, Fynley!" the other day, lol.

Edited by Lastwaltz
P.S.
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Fantastic post!  You're my pick for new Head Writer.

• Love 2