Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I liked how the cop was seemingly trying the case right there in the commune "room."  Anybody remember the episode of Golden Girls where they go for a murder mystery weekend, and Dorothy starts laying out the solution to the murder?  That's what this reminded me of.  A sitcom. From the eighties. (Albeit a great sitcom.) Good job, show!

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 4

Here's a side by side of Abby & nuAbby. The eye color really makes a big difference. I wonder if nuAbby will darken her hair or stay blonde to match Jennifer. I can hardly wait till 2020 when we find out.

image.jpeg

• Love 3

Joey, you may be a sweet kid but you are dumber than a box of hair collected from my old dusty hairbrush. Your girlfriend is using you.

I don't know if I'd be flattered that someone left a trail of rose petals and champagne to my bed. Someone would have to clean it up the next day and I'd guess that someone would be me. I don't have any servants. Kate, besides money and a comfy life at your former home in the mansion, what do you see in Deimos, exactly. Why the rush to marry him?  It is keep you friends close and your enemies closer? He will stray to Nicole/Helena - the obsession runs deep.

Yay, John. What incredible timing you have! And you are there, why?

At this time of year, unless you are in the desert at night, you'd need to wear summerweight leather. Ideally white (or light-coloured), and cotton clothing. And where are the Gila monsters and other desert denizens?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, boes said:

Abby wasn't on today.  Neither was Summer.

I wondered why I didn't have as much indigestion today...

Gila monsters are actually cute little lizards. Saw a few when I did the Grand Canyon tour a few years ago.

• Love 2

The latest ratings are in, and Days has dropped to a new low.

Obviously it would be expensive to scrap these mostly awful stories and reshoot with new ones well before August or September or whatever, but can the alternative of continuing to bleed viewers be more cost effective?  There is NO guarantee that the new writing regime will bring back the viewers that have given up and quit watching over the last six months, especially since one half of the current crappy team will still be there.

Why are soaps so plagued by idiot writers and producers?

• Love 4

Is it bad that I was absolutely relieved to learn that Days was preempted on Thursday and Friday, and that I'm looking forward to the Olympics preempting them as well? I'm one of those weirdo viewers that has to stay tuned in because a small part of me hopes the show will turn around and if it does, I want to be up-to-date.  I doubt it's healthy to subject myself to lousy programming because of this small flicker of hope that burns inside of me.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Is it bad that I was absolutely relieved to learn that Days was preempted on Thursday and Friday, and that I'm looking forward to the Olympics preempting them as well? I'm one of those weirdo viewers that has to stay tuned in because a small part of me hopes the show will turn around and if it does, I want to be up-to-date.  I doubt it's healthy to subject myself to lousy programming because of this small flicker of hope that burns inside of me.

Take comfort in knowing you are not alone.

• Love 4

So I tuned in once over the last few weeks and that was for the stand-alone episode with Jennifer and the too-damn-short return of MA's Jack.

They were the reason I started watched DOOL in the late 80s in the first place and for the briefest of moments, I saw the magic of them again.

TPTB are fools for not keeping MA on this show, but this is the show that has dumped him how many times? They've wasted the wonderful BD as well, most especially sacrificing the wonderful best friends whose friendship has caught fire Lumi for the puke-inducing Sami, already a rape-victim nonsense of falling for her second rapist with Ejami.

The tears in his eyes in the closing scene, the flashbacks to scenes I know by heart, they were everything.

And with that, I'm likely out again until who knows when.

But I'll leave the J/J fans with this little gem:

tumblr_mijq41hg9f1r1a45io4_250.gif

• Love 7
(edited)

Think of it this way - they could have brought him back and treated him as well as they are treating Steve, which is to say, not very well...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Tate was screaming because he saw the script. Wish he could have drowned out the dialogue in the rest of the scenes.

I cannot care less about Summer, Dario (the scammer who buries bodies and judges his father?), Deimos...and what they're doing to Nicole, Kate, Brady, Maggie and Victor. Too much stupid.

And I am not going to be able to take ONE MORE REFERENCE TO TAN. SHUT UP.

Bo, Jack and Will COMBINED are not as worshipped by this show. Enough already!!!!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

I had the show on as background sound, as I was doing some cleaning.  Finally just turned it off.

I find the Kate/Nicole/Deimos triangle insulting even for a soapy story.  

And perhaps Dario's quip about knowing where the bodies are buried, "literally", would have been smirk worthy, if not for the rest of the bodies the show has buried or otherwise killed off this past year.

As for Brady/Theresa/Summer - another stupid triangle. 

(edited)

Boy gotta love Deimos.   He threw some serious shade at Daniel and he didn't know the guy.   Whoever wrote today's script deserves a medal just for that! 

Roman is being propped yet in another murder cover up.   He needs to think about retirement soon.   

Summer and her damn feelings.   If that was one thing I didn't miss in May Sweeps was her.   How she gonna screw Dario and tell Brady her feelings about her liking for him?   Yeah she's a nut.   But how I loved how they used the editing of her drowning in the water.   Is that foreshadowing?   Please lord. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

Summer's Eve becomes more pointless by the day. 

So Kate really wanted Deimos to love her after a month of quasi-dating. Wow. And here she is once again setting up a rival for murder, this time over a man she barely knows. Pathetic. Was't she still with Dan when he started screwing Chloe and she decided to set him up for murder? 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Kate was with Dan?!

No....no...I don't need to know. Seriously don't tell me. Changing the subject now.

Did we get to see the rest of the JJ/Rory confrontation yet? I missed most of last week and last I saw, Rory slugged him.

"more cheaper"?  Really Dario?

Poor baby.  I wonder how they got him to scream like that.

Man, Deimos turns on a dime, doesn't he?

Kate's fingerprints are now on that bauble. How does Kate know that Deimos is dead?

• Love 1

This stuff with Kate is a waste of LK.  I didn't believe it with Daniel or Rafe, and I don't believe it with Deimos.  Kate, who could freeze someone to death with a look, wouldn't waste her time getting some idiotic revenge on a boy toy.  At least Kate, Sami, Nicole versus each other used to make some kind of sense.

• Love 5

I know that Salem men pickings are bleak, but Deimos really doesn't have a lot going for him. Been in jail for most of his life, has anger issues, revenge issues. Why would Kate be so desperate to marry a dude she's known for two minutes? Wedding dress sale? Some bridal shop has a close-out? Unless maybe she could give him some Wagner music sheets and he could play Stefano's CD collection for her. There's nothing in it for her, except getting back at Nicole, who only committed the crime of looking like Kate's boytoy's ex-love-of-his-life. Deimos doesn't really have any power.

Where did Summer's feelings for Brady come from?

Makes me wish it was last week and the show was only on for two days.

• Love 1

Take away from today's episode - don't go near the water if Kate is anywhere nearby.  Summer likes ' em dumb.  Tate is a good crier.  And Diemos isn't dead.  

• Love 3

Is it just me, or is the writing for this whole Kate/Deimos/Nicole thing simply atrocious?  I had high hopes when Deimos first appeared due to my fondness for the actor, and I think Deimos and Nicole do have chemistry, but the writing for all of it has completely gone off the rails.  I'll admit that I've been reading recaps and watching only occasionally, mostly as background noise when I'm doing something else, but it seems to me that all aspects of this plot have 1) gone into fast forward and 2) make very little sense.

I watched today, and unless I completely misunderstood, Deimos decided Nicole must be a plant from Victor because she wouldn't have sex with him on the spot and kept insisting that he would need to end things with Kate to be with him.  Given the very few interactions between Deimos and Nicole leading up to this point that were even remotely flirtatious on her part, this seems quite insane.  I think even if she did like him (I refuse to say love, because it's just so absurd with the timeline), wanting him not to marry someone else before being with him would be a totally reasonable request.  If he loves her as he claimed, then why does he need to marry Kate?  Why does he need to marry Kate at all?  He has the money and power, and Kate isn't exactly the most upstanding member of Salem high society.  I don't understand what Deimos even really wants, and that's a huge problem in terms of making him sympathetic.  It's hard to sympathize with a character that remains a cipher, and it's frustrating because I know VI could sell it easily.  He made David Hayward sympathetic, and that guy did a lot of awful things over the years.  Show needs to show us more of his motivations and make them make some kind of sense. 

The most pathetic part of this is that it's actually really easy to write, maybe because this kind of a plot is a soap staple.  Why not write it as a slow burn--Deimos wary and resisting Nicole, while involving himself with Kate to try to resist?  Give him someone to confide him, let him reveal his true feelings to someone somewhere, let us feel for him as he slowly falls in love with Nicole for real.  The show already stuck them into the same company, so you have a million excuses for ongoing interactions.  You could have Nicole slowly falling for Deimos in spite of herself, and ultimately he either throws over Kate/is dumped by her because of his obvious feelings for Nicole, and then he gets together with Nicole at last.  All goes according to plan for her scheme with Victor.  Then you have so many options--Nicole being in a position to turn on Deimos and having a hard time doing so, someone blowing the whistle on Nicole's plan right as she has fallen for Deimos and is about to tell Victor to piss off, etc.  I would've watched it to see it unfold, and I would have liked it a lot better than what we got.

I was glad Nicole defended herself today and didn't back down, but I hated seeing her acting so desperate lately in trying to win him over.  I can believe Nicole would want to lose herself in some caper and act to avenge Maggie, but why she would jump in on a plan put forth by Victor and for his ultimate benefit? This whole must-seduce-him-so-he-doesn't-marry-Kate thing is also ridiculous.  Which brings me to... Kate.  Why does she want to marry Deimos exactly, after knowing him for about five minutes?  Money, which she claims to have?  Power, which she already has as Co-CEO of Titan?  I don't love the character most of the time, but the actress is great, and it's frustrating to see her acting uncharacteristically pathetic in all of this.  I don't believe for a second she would have gone back to Deimos after she smelled Nicole's perfume on him, least of all proposing marriage and making him promise to stay away from Nicole.

The scene of her hitting him and him falling into the river was actually kind of hilarious.  He staggered past Kate in the process, and she just watched.  I'm going to assume that she wanted him dead at that point.  What is it with Kate and putting bodies into the water?

• Love 2

It's no wonder Alison Sweeney got the hell out of Dodge.  Sami, Kate, and Nicole were the three witches of Salem, not the three doormats.  Kate and Nicole having battled with each other in the past does not mean inserting them into this lame SL will make it good.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

It's no wonder Alison Sweeney got the hell out of Dodge.  Sami, Kate, and Nicole were the three witches of Salem, not the three doormats.  Kate and Nicole having battled with each other in the past does not mean inserting them into this lame SL will make it good.

Plus, Kate was always dangerously cunning dating back to when Deborah Adair played her..She was never stupid or pathetic over a man...Not even with Curtis, who abused her for years and stole Austin and Billie from her...It is why I used to love Victor and Kate together...They were a dark power couple evenly matched....I loved the family that they formed with Lucas who was also dark at the time.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Why is Adriana still living with Rafe when she has a job and can easily afford her own place or at least a hotel room? Does Gabi live there too?

It's laughable how many holes Kate's plan to frame Nicole has in it. But of course it will work since the Brady and Friends Police Department is incompetent. I do appreciate that Roman was smart enough to point out that her tale actually makes her look guilty, not Nicole

Shut the fuck up Victor you son of a bitch. Nicole is an idiot for willing getting herself mixed up in Victor's drama. .

• Love 4
(edited)

BO!! I've never been so happy to hear him call his wife something as stupid as "Fancy Face" before...

Shut the fuck up Victor you son of a bitch.

...but tell us how you really feel ;)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I know that Salem men pickings are bleak, but Deimos really doesn't have a lot going for him. Been in jail for most of his life, has anger issues, revenge issues. Why would Kate be so desperate to marry a dude she's known for two minutes? 

Because sex with Vincent Irizarry must be the hottest sex that ever, ever sexed.

Oops sorry. I failed to separate actor from character there.  

• Love 6

And we begin today's episode with more scenes that are too dark to see what's going on.

I was just about to ask if Justin has an office or does he do all of his work at the jail, when, lo and behold, he has an office! Who does Deimos want Justin to release?

Is Roman supposed to believe all of Kate's tears? He knows her better than that.

I usually don't mind Vivian Jovanni's acting, but when she was speaking into the baby monitor, it was pretty bad.

Why is Maggie upset about Victor and Nicole's plot against Deimos, when she herself said they needed to get revenge?

So is Kate setting her cap for Aiden now?

• Love 2

Dear idiots in charge of the show and incompetent writers.  You know how we are always talking about SLs that build on history, are character driven, interesting and entertaining to watch, and have a payoff?  Once again, you have failed at all of the above.

I like VI, but I couldn’t care less if Deimos dies or lives or becomes a zombie.  And since you haven’t been paying attention, Sami, Kate and Nicole were many things, but stupid wasn’t one of them.

• Love 2

Oh yes the show trying to chemtest Kate/Aiden.   I like it already.   Cut from the same cloth.   Of course he loves money Kate,  he almost killed Hope.   Aiden is sucha weak piece of garbage he's going to cover for Kate. 

• Love 3

They defanged Sami, Kate and Nicole the past two yrs. Sami would have dragged Failure across the floor if she laid a hand on her. Kate would have found a way to avenge Will's murder probably leaving a trail of the dead. Nicole wouldn't be such a stupid mope over Dr Tan and wouldn't be helping her ex she hated that called her a whore & stupid bitch daily for over 10 yrs.

Speaking of. I know when I shop for clothes it's important to me they have a mission statement and dedication to someone unrelated to fashion and who looked so completely unstylish. Also the name is weird cuz "DJ Wear" sounds like it'll be raver clothes or club attire. 

• Love 5

I didn't think this was a bad episode at all, for what it's worth.  Other than the Ciara/Chad nonsense, which is automatic ff material, all the scenes, especially in regard to Deimos, Kate and Nicole, and Victor, Maggie and Justin were pointed and informed the storyline.  Plus, the acting alone was pretty decent.  

The problem is this storyline has been so truncated, chopped up, so much most likely being left on the cutting room floor that it's difficult to really work up a sweat, to really care.  We just haven't seen enough, and as usual these days, there are tantalizing glimpses of what might have been.  

Same with Kate and Aiden.  Too little, too late, to really care.  Watchable, but not involving.

This ragged storytelling, this "reset" or whatever the hell it is, has been going on too long.  How many of us really care if we miss a day or two...or three?

• Love 5

It really is sad when you tune in every day and the pacing is still royally off.

I hope tomorrow is a good day and Bo makes Hope laugh.

How sad is it that the two most involving episodes of late have been about messed up Leading Ladies and their dead husbands trying to help them sort out mental trauma from the Great Beyond?

Come to think of it, we sure have had a lot of ghost visits lately haven't we? In the last year, Shawn (in the mirror), Bo, Stefano, Jack...yeesh.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, boes said:

This ragged storytelling, this "reset" or whatever the hell it is, has been going on too long.  How many of us really care if we miss a day or two...or three?

Has the rest started yet? If this is their idea of fixing things...yikes. 

• Love 2

Chad is so wrapped up in his depression and worry over Failure that he doesn't realize Ciara is crushing. I hope this doesn't accidentally end badly for him. I hope he wakes up and realizes her crush...and gently explains why it CAN NOT and WILL NOT EVER happen. Man up, Dimera.

• Love 3

Thinking I'll skip today's Hope-centric episode. I think they've tried my patience too much lately, but I'm just not feeling this show right now at all.

19 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Chad is so wrapped up in his depression and worry over Failure that he doesn't realize Ciara is crushing. I hope this doesn't accidentally end badly for him. I hope he wakes up and realizes her crush...and gently explains why it CAN NOT and WILL NOT EVER happen. Man up, Dimera.

Preach it, swtrgrl -- on top of the tiresome saga of Hope's love life, this Chad/Ciara thing is making me feel sick.

• Love 6

STEFANO!

He just said, "did you really think you could just kill me and dump me in a pile of rubble?!"

Joe M, you rule.

I really don't want Hope's murder of Stefano to get out until Sami or Kristen or Peter or EJ are back on the canvas. Too much to ask?

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved today's episode..What was not to love about it; Bo, Hope and especially Zack.....I liked the actor who portrayed Zack....I liked his chemistry with Kristian Alfonso..Good casting...I nearly passed out when they played the theme song for Bo and Hope in the 80's....All of the supercouples had a theme song, even an instrumental version of it...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

I know, right? Didn't expect them to spring for the actual song either...

This one was, for me, miles better than the Jennifer episode we recently got. The dialogue was stronger and I believed the emotions were earned. Zack returning was really emotional for me, even though I had never seen the episodes where he was born or where he died.

The big treat though was Stefano. He was terrific.

Did anybody else feel like this episode tried to make up for the extremely abrupt exits Peter and Joe made last year? Who was responsible for how they were written out? Did those same writers also work on this episode?

I hope we get to see the boys again.

Overall KA was fine, but I could see moments where she wasn't quite connecting. Whenever I imagine Allison S doing a scene some other actor has, they almost always come up short. She had a great sense of pacing...and man, could she bawl when needed. KA is fine but this kind of grief isn't her forte.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This one was, for me, miles better than the Jennifer episode we recently got. The dialogue was stronger and I believed the emotions were earned. Zack returning was really emotional for me, even though I had never seen the episodes where he was born or where he died.

Did anybody else feel like this episode tried to make up for the extremely abrupt exits Peter and Joe made last year?

Yes, yes, yes.

Peter's death scene was ridiculous.  The whole,

Bo: "Hi, Hope.  I'm here.  Oh, I'm dying."

Hope: "How long do we have, Bo?"

Bo: "About ten minutes. Bye now."

If he arrived in Salem 12 hours after he did, Steve would have been dragging in his corpse. 

Peter Reckell was great today. He still shines.  KA was pretty good.  I could feel the old chemistry.  (My pet peeve of her nails was on full display today.)

As long as Days is still on and not cancelled, I wish it would at least try to be good.  It never will be again, but if it is still running, they should at least look like they are trying.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The big treat though was Stefano. He was terrific.

Did anybody else feel like this episode tried to make up for the extremely abrupt exits Peter and Joe made last year? Who was responsible for how they were written out? Did those same writers also work on this episode?

I hope we get to see the boys again.

Overall KA was fine, but I could see moments where she wasn't quite connecting. Whenever I imagine Allison S doing a scene some other actor has, they almost always come up short. She had a great sense of pacing...and man, could she bawl when needed. KA is fine but this kind of grief isn't her forte.

Kristian was on fire when Zack died..I can still remember the scream heard around the world when she received the news of Zack's passing..I loved the scene of her combing his hair in the coffin and breaking down with Bo in his bedroom days later. Kristian and Peter deserved Emmys for Zack's death....I remember hating Billie, Kate and that horrid Chelsea at that time....I wanted the little bitch to die..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1